Chinese 护心 (Heart Protection) – 九鹭非香 (HE)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Peterpan97, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Peterpan97

Peterpan97 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: 护心 (Heart Protection) – 九鹭非香 (HE)

Raw: 91baby.mama.cn/thread-1126315-1-1.html

Description: by the same writer who wrote Seven unfortunate lifetimes
    “The most dangerous thing in the world is the human heart. It can kill an immortal life, and can harm a body that was unsusceptible to harm.”

“Speak intelligibly.”

“I was dismembered by my previous lover.”

“…… So…… Why are you still alive?”

“So that I could meet you.”
    This story begins with the female lead being expelled from her sect where she had been undergoing cultivation to become an immortal. She then meets the male lead, an ancient dragon demon, who is presently powerless as he was dismembered by his previous lover. The male lead and the female lead then embark on a journey where they attempt to retrieve all the male lead’s body parts and resolve the various mysteries that have been troubling the cultivation world.

Unlike most of Jiu Lu Fei Xiang’s other novels, this novel is glaringly lacking in the hilarity factor. Whilst most of Jiu Lu Fei Xiang’s novels tend to adopt a more relaxed tone, this is noticeably missing from the book, probably due to the numerous mysteries surrounding the two main leads. Furthermore, the female lead has received rather divided opinions, as the readers have largely divided themselves into two extremes – those who intensely dislike the female lead, and those who love her. This can be largely accrued to the female lead’s character, as Yan Hui is someone who is only willing to expend effort to care for those whom she loves, and tends to be rather unwilling when standing up for the rights of those she’s unfamiliar with. As such, when Yan Hui meets the male lead, she continually refuses his request to help him in his quest to collect his body parts as the quest is an extremely dangerous one. That said, she does finally relent and the two start on their journey.

The male lead, being an ancient dragon demon who has been betrayed by his loved ones, is rather guarded and wary of people at the start, and does not truly come clean with Yan Hui until much later. For most parts of the book, although the male lead cares for Yan Hui, he is not above manipulating her and trying to steer her to head in the direction he wants her to go. Although he is very cautious of people, he gradually lets down his guard when Yan Hui continually protects him on numerous occasions, frequently putting her life on the line for him despite it being of no benefit to her. That said, due to the male lead’s past relationship history and the female lead’s affections for her teacher, the romance in this book moves rather slowly when compared to Jiu Lu Fei Xiang’s other books.

In short, this is a hit/miss book, depending on whether one likes the female lead or not, and is rather different when compared to Jiu Lu Fei Xiang’s other books.

2. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    An adventure to retrieve the body parts. That alone has got me interested. Hope it gets picked up~

astaterix, aoiisora and Peterpan97 like this.
  3. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    The premise seems really interesting! I don't think I've seen many novels with a female lead like this either. Cold and being sought for help, instead of the other way around? The dynamics should make for a good read. :)

astaterix likes this.
  4. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    we got a lot of good novels in line here. Hope this gets translated too and soon. I like romance novels where the author takes the time to nurture the relationship between the MCs for the readers, and not just turn chummy quickly.

5. lalalyly

lalalyly Digging translating pits and jumping into them.

Reading List:
    Link
    Would there be a problem if I post the translations on wattpad?

Chapter 1 is up. on watpadd under lalalyly123

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  6. lalalyly

Reading List:
    Link
    Please leave it as pickup requested as I will gladly hand this over to any other translator. The language in this one can get flowery which is not my forte.

7. mtkiseki

mtkiseki 「Kiseki」「♥」

Reading List:
    Link
    oh, this novel lol
    I wondered why it sounded familiar...
    I'm more interested in the one of the author's novels published after this one~~
    but I don't have the time to TL it bc too many projects on my hand rip

8. Adnana

Adnana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @lalalyly I've been wanting to read the prologue you translated, but the Wattpad link doesn't work.
    Could you please reupload the prologue somewhere and link me to it? Thanks. :)

9. lalalyly

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't have a backup when wattpad deleted my account. I apologize, but it's gone.

10. JimmyFalcon

JimmyFalcon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not anymore, unfortunately the domain doesn't work

11. JimmyFalcon

JimmyFalcon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :,( But why?
    Did wattpad delete your account, I mean

12. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw this at shushengbar the other day!...seems intresting ...(and 7 unfortunate lifetimes was awesome!)

13. bibi

bibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, please!

14. Peterpan97

Peterpan97 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: 护心 (Heart Protection) – 九鹭非香 (HE)

Raw: 91baby.mama.cn/thread-1126315-1-1.html

Description: by the same writer who wrote Seven unfortunate lifetimes
    “The most dangerous thing in the world is the human heart. It can kill an immortal life, and can harm a body that was unsusceptible to harm.”

“Speak intelligibly.”

“I was dismembered by my previous lover.”

“…… So…… Why are you still alive?”

“So that I could meet you.”
    This story begins with the female lead being expelled from her sect where she had been undergoing cultivation to become an immortal. She then meets the male lead, an ancient dragon demon, who is presently powerless as he was dismembered by his previous lover. The male lead and the female lead then embark on a journey where they attempt to retrieve all the male lead’s body parts and resolve the various mysteries that have been troubling the cultivation world.

Unlike most of Jiu Lu Fei Xiang’s other novels, this novel is glaringly lacking in the hilarity factor. Whilst most of Jiu Lu Fei Xiang’s novels tend to adopt a more relaxed tone, this is noticeably missing from the book, probably due to the numerous mysteries surrounding the two main leads. Furthermore, the female lead has received rather divided opinions, as the readers have largely divided themselves into two extremes – those who intensely dislike the female lead, and those who love her. This can be largely accrued to the female lead’s character, as Yan Hui is someone who is only willing to expend effort to care for those whom she loves, and tends to be rather unwilling when standing up for the rights of those she’s unfamiliar with. As such, when Yan Hui meets the male lead, she continually refuses his request to help him in his quest to collect his body parts as the quest is an extremely dangerous one. That said, she does finally relent and the two start on their journey.

The male lead, being an ancient dragon demon who has been betrayed by his loved ones, is rather guarded and wary of people at the start, and does not truly come clean with Yan Hui until much later. For most parts of the book, although the male lead cares for Yan Hui, he is not above manipulating her and trying to steer her to head in the direction he wants her to go. Although he is very cautious of people, he gradually lets down his guard when Yan Hui continually protects him on numerous occasions, frequently putting her life on the line for him despite it being of no benefit to her. That said, due to the male lead’s past relationship history and the female lead’s affections for her teacher, the romance in this book moves rather slowly when compared to Jiu Lu Fei Xiang’s other books.

In short, this is a hit/miss book, depending on whether one likes the female lead or not, and is rather different when compared to Jiu Lu Fei Xiang’s other books.

Chiiiiiiiii and kuu0haku like this.
  15. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Just based on your detailed analysis, I want to check it out cuz you come across as someone with an intelligent taste!!
    This is Mango approved!!

kaguya0401 and kuu0haku like this.
  16. xuywen

xuywen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link