LCD Ninth Special District

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by gaianova, May 9, 2020.

1. gaianova

gaianova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NovelUpdates

This is a story about a person rising up in a post-apocalyptic world, where resources are scarce and the world is chaotic, though it focuses less on the survival part unlike most other novels. So far, the writing looks interesting and I think the translation is really incredible.

What do you all think?

2. --MON--

--MON-- «Observer» «Death» «Lazy Reader»

Reading List:
    Link
    i read the prologue and it's fine, not bad but not too good either. i noticed that there are several ch ahead than what was on nu but i don't feel like reading them.

it has a good start showing how the life in the new era works and the rules to survive while showing the current state of the world outside the prosperous cities and the state of the world several years after the apocalypse.

i don't know about the following ch but the prologue is good.

3. littleredblossom

littleredblossom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The prologue was intense. I am one for the politics tag, It's very interesting the way the world has been set up.

But the post-apocalyptic setting is not my cup of tea.

4. --MON--

--MON-- «Observer» «Death» «Lazy Reader»

Reading List:
    Link
    atleast there are no zombies...

5. gaianova

Reading List:
    Link
    Argh. At the latest chapter now and Im still not sure if Yuan Ke is a bad person or not

6. gaianova

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like the plot is deepening. Doesn't feel like things will end well for Qi Lin at this rate

7. gaianova

Reading List:
    Link
    The Yuan Family has partnered with Prosperous Dragon Pharmaceuticals prior to the start of the story, and it was planning to oust the Ma Family out so that it can hike up the prices of medicine in Black Street Sector.

Yuan Ke tried to use Qin Yu to hunt down key figures in the Ma Family, and they eventually managed to get Ah Long, the medicine supplier of the Ma Family. As a result, the Ma Family ended up losing its own supply of medicine and is unable to compete anymore.

However, on a trip to Jiangzhou later on, Qin Yu managed to liaise with the supplier, Coco and the Yu Family, and re-establish the Ma Family’s medicine route, thus bringing it back into business. Faced with the drastically lower prices from the Ma Family, the Yuan Family found its revenue dropping significantly, so it used Little Qu to plant deadly fake medicine into the Ma Family’s stocks.

The fake medicine incident worked out, and the Ma Family’s clients immediately turned against them. In hopes to salvage the situation, Qin Yu, Old Ma, Ma Lao-er, and the others moved over to Fengbei City in order to capture Little Qu and turn the tables against the Yuan Family. A series of events occurred afterward, and their group managed to capture another key personnel, Yong Dong, which eventually helped them to cleanse the Ma Family’s reputation.

However, the other happenings during their time in Fengbei resulted in significant repercussions too. The death of Xing Zihao turned the Prosperous Dragon Pharmaceuticals into an enemy for Qin Yu’s group. In order to placate Fatty Xing for the time being, Superintendent Li went to negotiate with Fatty Xing, using the fake medicine incident as a bargaining chip against him. In the end, Fatty Xing reluctantly allowed to let the matter pass for now but under two conditions—Old Ma’s death and for the Ma Family not to sell any medicine for the next few months.

As a result, while the Yuan Family’s reputation has been tarnished, the few months of leeway provided by the absence of the Ma Family gave the Yuan Family some time to take a breather and recover from the impact.

jolly-crow likes this.
  8. jolly-crow

jolly-crow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This was pretty good :(

I'm considering mtl even XD

9. starvecleric

starvecleric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haiii I dont think that there's a market for novels like this in the fan translation community at the moment ~~ I don't think I have more than 500 accumulated readers on this after translating 175 chapters

10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this dropped? I stopped at chapter 75, was going o remove it from my reading list and saw last chapter was translated last year.
    Too many pinyin for my taste.
    It seems to be dropped