LCD Free Life Fantasy Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jul 6, 2020.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/free-life-fantasy-online/

C1: It doesn't matter how many skills a game has, once people think they've found the optimal build for a particular style of play and advertised it, practically everyone you meet that's playing that style of character will have a similar build.

C2: I wonder if Vampire is an evolutionary option for Zombies. Also curious if Lich is, though I expect that would require a magic focus.

I wonder if she gets xp for killing zombies, or if they're flagged as her allies.

C3: I wonder if she'd have MP if she picked a magic based initial skill.

I half expected her sister to go inhuman too.

I wonder what level she needs to evolve, and if there's conditions beyond level to evolve, or to unlock specific evolutions.

C4: If she never plans to come back, and there is no loot, then why does it matter if she fills the map?

Why doesn't she just evolve to Living Corpse and come back? I mean, sure, its probably going to give her some super rare evolution that she'd be locked out of if she did that, but she doesn't know that.

C5: With those bonuses, she should really pick up a Darkness Magic skill of some sort, even if its a fist based attack skill.

She should really let a zombie beat her up for a while to get her physical resistance/immunity skills up. It'll save her having to hunt for similarly weak enemies to do it later.

C6: I wonder when she plans to tell her sister about her unique race.

It feels like this race would make a great necromancer. Well, assuming her raised/dominated undead counted as party members anyway.

Why would she pick a rapier when it relies on her dump stats? A staff or a wand would have been much better. So would some sort of fist based weapon really, since I assume that it would still have acted as a channeling focus, but without taking up as much space or being so obvious as other weapons.

C8: I wonder if she can use the church's aura to train her magic resistance and her regen.

I wonder what happens if she uses Distance Sword while she's got a spell charged. Will it carry the magic along with the sword's slash? Or would she have to actively time its release to coincide with the slash's?

C9: I wonder why her sister hasn't asked where the catacombs are. They should be an excellent place to level if she knows any light based aoe attacks, or has any mage friends that do.

She could probably take the Golem, especially if she teamed up with the other two immortals. If nothing else, they should stay partied so she can grind her leadership skills.

C13: "Also, attacks from Rabbits and Wolves have entered within «Physical Immunity»’s range." I wonder if the insects everyone's worried about are also in that range. If so, it could make it quite easy for her, if we ignore the psychological aspects.

C20: I wonder if there's a special title if you get all the first clear titles for the four noob bosses.

2. Lang10

Lang10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here I thought it was a free game.

3. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    me too I thought it was a free game one of those mmorpg. the golden era of free online mmorpg is gone most of them have pay to win aspects. not like before when game may have cosmetics, but you couldn't get stronger or do things the easy way by just paying.

Lang10 likes this.
  4. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    It is! For the MC because her sister got her the game for a present by winning the competition

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why they don't just ask the NPCs what the magic stones are for.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "It seems that normally you get 3SP for beating a boss" Every time you beat it, or just the first time? If the former, then that's very exploitable.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    This is feeling more and more like a rip off of OSO. Its also feeling less and less like there'll be anything remotely resembling a plot.

Toralk likes this.
  8. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC it's 6 or 9 for first clear.

However the "exploit" may be balanced later by SP-sinks where the SP from beating a Boss is inefficient.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The exploit I was referring to was from farming the same boss for SP. If its only from the first time you kill the boss, then its just a reward, not an exploit. Heck, the balance of the game is probably designed around the assumption that all the top players will kill all the bosses in the game at least once.

10. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering you have to beat the boss to move to the next region, seems like a likely assumption.

From what I got in the MTL, which could be horribly wrong, the SP are for the player's first defeat of the boss along with access to the next area. With a special title for the first party to beat a boss.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps I'm misremembering, but I think first clear just gives more SP than later clears. It's why I wasn't sure if there was an exploit. If the later clears include all later clears, and not just first clears by other people, then you could farm a single boss for infinite SP.

12. Algoz

Algoz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the first time the boss is defeated, the party gain a title and more SP. if other people defeat the boss again, they will earn less SP.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    There's only 20k players in the entire country. Why is the teacher so certain that all of their students play the game? Is it actually limited to their province rather than their nation? Even then, 20k is super low compared to the population of even a single town.

"A servant can be summoned with extra cost up to the triple of their level." A multiplicative increase seems a bit broken. I suppose an extreme cost for summoning them at that strength might be able to counterbalance it, but if there's sufficient ways to temporarily increase max mana, then it'd be pretty easy to get a seriously OP pet.

"You can grant your own skills to the Servants you summon" So, would she still be able to use the skills she granted to them? Also, would she gain proficiency from them using those skills?

That aside, I wonder what kinds of undead she'll create. She doesn't really need any specific type. She's a bit OP after all.

14. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the extra cost can be up to three times their level, that's still added to the original cost, so you would have to decide if it's worth it to go that far, or decide how far it would still be worth the cost.... My sentence here confused me, but I understood it to mean you can supercharge the spell, it probably has bad consumption like the Spatial magic.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Let’s make it so that the «Necromantic Secrets» body remnants are off… and the «Disassembly» is in charge of leaving bodies." Why? Isn't she trying to test out her new necromantic skills?

If she wants a mount, then why doesn't she just make one? She can do that now.

16. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    If I understand it, she needs to build up points by sacrificing corpses, and then she needs to use those points to summon her new servant. She needs to pay for the size, the type, and the skills or abilities of her summon, so she probably can't afford to summon something big enough to ride yet. Anyway, if she leaves the body remnants part of her skill on, then she gets no drops at all from what she kills, and this way she can decide to disassemble some of them for cooking materials.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    My point was simply that she could do it if she wanted to, not that she could do it instantly. She'd just have to hunt down a monster of a type that would make a good mount and then grind a bit for CP.

She's strictly trying to do necromancy though, and has absolutely no intention of looting any of the corpses. That being the case, wouldn't it be better to gain proficiency in her necromancy skill? She'll want to max it out at some point, even if only to see what it unlocks.

18. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    She said she wanted some of the rabbit and wolf meat, she turns off Disassembly when she heads to the tomb, and she probably could have hunted down a bear, or cow, as a mount, but the Catacombs were way out of the way.

19. shiro3001

shiro3001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is it good ?

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't see any reason why anyone would choose anything other than the 3SP. All the other stuff was earnable in game in functionally infinite amounts.

KurouDaijuji likes this.