LCD Past Life Regressor!!! (official translation on Wuxiaworld)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by userunfriendly, Jul 20, 2020.

1. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Presenting Past Life Regressor!

NU link:
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/past-life-regressor/

MangaDex Link:
    https://mangadex.org/title/44087/past-life-regressor

What would you do if you could go back in time, after witnessing the End of the World? What would you do? Would you find a deep hole for you and your family, and hope that they don’t find you? Shiver in fear in the darkness? Or would you FIGHT?!

Spoilers on the manhwa.:D:D:D

He chose to Fight. He chose to Fight the Eight Virtues and the Eight Evils, the strongest Awakened after the Day of Advent. He chose to Fight the monsters, the strongest of which could survive a 15 megaton strike. He chose to Fight for civilization, rationality, sanity, justice, the rule of law, and compassion for our fellow human beings. He chose to FIGHT!

Now, the first season of the manhwa is complete. Highly recommended. I love the manhwa, I am struck by how intelligent it is. He graduated from college in finance and business. So, after he came back to the past, he exploited his knowledge of the Asian financial crisis of 1998 to make himself rich beyond imagination, because the first rule of war is that you can’t fight without money.

I have problems with the manhwa. There are obvious errors in translation, and I believe the translator got terms wrong. As the editor I hope to do a better job. :rolleyes::p

Some of you may be put off by the financial terms and the plot, which revolves around currency manipulation, and other things you may not be familiar with. Don’t be, you can easily get the sense of what’s happening, and the author’s plot lines are very complex and compelling reading. Season one of the manhwa is over, and once it picks up again, we should start seeing him conquer dungeons in his personal quest to become more powerful. :eek::) I can’t wait!

But the takeaway you should get is how intelligent the author is. If you have decades to prevent the end of the world, what would you do?

1) Aquire an immense fortune, and build a financial empire to prepare the world for what is to come. ;) Done!
    2) Become stronger than anyone else, because when the rule of law breaks down, the rule of the fist takes over. :D Working on it!
    3) Protect those you hold dear, and build weapons for the military to fight with, and shelters for the civilians.
    4) Protect civilization, protect knowledge, technology, and the people who understand it, to rebuild what you couldn’t save.

This isn’t your typical slash everything with your daggers, and have your shadows slaughter what’s left. No, this is a thoughtful, intelligent protagonist, who is enacting a plan that takes decades.

I love the manhwa, and though I’ve only edited two chapters, it is GOOD. :aww::aww::aww:

Eye2020, xnvesha.14, kjpo34 and 4 others like this.
  2. TokioftheBel

TokioftheBel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll give it a shot, tho I'm gonna read the manga first

userunfriendly likes this.
  3. Lenux

Lenux Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you are underestimating my stupidnees

MinUp, FLUFFKING, Aldis and 3 others like this.
  4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, it looks promising :blobokhand::blobsalute:
    Also, the novel seems better than the manhwa so far, I recommend starting with novel just in case even if they are just two chapters for now

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2020
  5. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    You will love it. :);)

You may be underestimating the author’s intelligence. I’m not that smart, and I throughly enjoyed it.:D:D:D

I know, right? The last line in chapter 2 was...was...:aww::aww::aww:

Wujigege likes this.
  6. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    One more thing. Kakao shows SEVEN MILLION HITS on this novel. Now, as we here on NUF are ornery people, this often makes is less likely to read it. But 7 million...this certainly is a good indication that this novel is well written, and enjoyable. :D:D:D:D

Certainly the manhwa is, despite not following any of the more popular tropes.:eek::eek::eek:

:D

7. The_Great_ASK

The_Great_ASK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like you said, it was released quite fast. xD
    But, I want the entire novel! :blobjoy::blobjoy:
    570 chapters, eh?
    Dayum!!!

8. The_Great_ASK

The_Great_ASK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes, I intentionally ignore the errors and the flaws so as to enjoy the read rather than criticize it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wujigege and userunfriendly like this.
  9. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, me too. However, sometimes the flaws overcome your enjoyment. Even good novels can be ruined by a bad translation, or bad editing.

The novel feels very different from the manhwa. The birthing process and the first quest made me cringe. :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful: We haven’t reached the end of the first chapter of the manhwa...:facepalm: chapter are short.:rolleyes:

Wujigege and The_Great_ASK like this.
  10. static7s

static7s [Lightning Origin Slime][Void Prince][Zappy Doom]

Reading List:
    Link
    *Adds another novel to his list*

11. Diato

Diato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this Reincarnator?

12. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    It has that name in an aggregator manhwa site, yes. ;););)

Wujigege likes this.
  13. GregLikesBooks

GregLikesBooks Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    However, there is a different KR novel Reincarnator on Novel Updates as well, and they are both 'regression' novels....so they could get confused.

14. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ehh, quite far into the comic right now and it's still stuck in business manager tycoon mode, is this story going to stay like this? I really don't enjoy watching people crash economies to make a buck. I have lived through 2 such crashes already on the receiving end and do not really want to read about the people doing it on purpose....

15. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I know. I’m a fan of the Reincarnator series myself. However, there’s nothing we can do about that, except make it clear.

Past Life Regressor- As far as we know, the original title of this KR novel.
    Past Life Regressor- The MangaDex title of the manhwa
    Reincarnator- Title used by a manhwa aggregator for PLR.
    Reincarnator- Name of an excellent KR novel
    Past Life Returner- The name displayed on Asian Hobbyist, provided by the translator for this novel.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Confused? :p:p:p:D

Blubberbun likes this.
  16. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m sorry about that. The 29 chapters on MangaDex is the first season of the manhwa, and it is entirely business tycoon. At chapter 29, he walks into the...(deleted). So expect at least the first 40+ chapters of this novel is business tycoon. The first two chapters BARELY cover the first chapter of the manhwa.

:p

17. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, I mean I like the idea, seems he's trying to stop the horrible response and evolution of monstrous heroes by monopolizing the dungeons for himself (this was from the nu synopsis. I didn't hate it. it seemed interesting. One thing I have been working on in my own writing is how does someone who regretted how things went then live in the world he returned to? so this seems like an interesting concept, even if I feel it may have focused too much on financial advisor hero.

18. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Go and read the first two chapters I edited. And reread the first chapter of the manhwa. The novel is richer, more emotional, deeper and frankly, just better than the manhwa. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

At least, so far.:p

Also, as mentioned above, this novel has 7 MILLION hits in Kakao. This novel is not cr@p!:D:D:D:D:D

;)

Wujigege and gary0044187 like this.
  19. leecherleechleech

leecherleechleech Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Got any raw source?

20. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Kakao has free chapters. Be warned, you either need to read Korean, or use an OCR to translate.:facepalm: