LCD The Healer Demands Payment!

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jul 30, 2020.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-healer-demands-payment/

C2: lol. How did he live that long without having to pay for anything? Did he never leave the sect before now? Or did someone else handle his finances?

lol. I knew she was going to charge him extra for the pill ;)

C3: “So, sign this IOU first.” lol. She's having to work really hard to keep him from falling for her ;)

C4: I wonder why he wasn't willing to speak up for her in her last life. Was he just not told?

C6: "so I’ll put the pill I gave her on your tab.” rofl XD

C8: I'm really not getting why he'd make that oath when he basically didn't even care that she existed in her first life.

C9: "But now he had remembered everything, about the cruel past that was worse than the death itself." Is he a reincarnator too? If so, I wonder when he died relative to her. Also curious if the rest of Lu Qingran's harem will be reincarnators who have come to understand what kind of person she was, and how much better of a person the MC was.

C12: "But their Fentian Palace was rich! They had money!" lol.

I wonder if she can bring the tiger club with her, or if the ticket is only good for the person themselves and not their entourage.

C15: "Alright, he was one of them!" lol. Her standard for branding someone a member of the protagonist's harem are so low XD

“For you, sister, it is two hundred fifth-grade spirit stones.” lol. I knew it. Females will always get a lower price from her ;)

“When detoxifying you, I used fifteen pills.” rofl. She really shouldn't up the price after he's already paid though. That's highly dishonest and unethical.

C18: Why is her medical level still at the second grade? Wasn't she supposed to upgrade to the third grade from healing that guy?

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't expecting Xiao Qi to be able to access the auction house. Figured he'd lost whatever spacial treasure he would normally use to store the token. Perhaps he doesn't need one? I've been getting the feeling that he may be the owner of the place. If so, then it wouldn't be surprising that he wouldn't need one. It would beg the question of why he doesn't just have the antidote sent to himself though.

I'll be surprised if that fox isn't victimized by his boss' misplaced jealousy due to the MC repeatedly asking about him.

SilverOne likes this.
  3. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless you're reading ahead, the Xiao Qi named is Meng Qi's pseudonym.

At this stage "Boss" *could* be the patient she's healing, but I think he could alternately be her Master from her previous life.

ETA: Another point, I don't believe Meng Qi has told Xiao Qi the Jackdaw Grass is the antidote, or even what she believes the poison to be, IIRC she's just mentioned that the Grass is a component in what she hopes is the antidote, so even if it is him, I don't see how he could go purchase some Antidote unless he's also a "Medicinal Cultivator".

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The Xiao Qi I'm referring to is the tiger. I'm assuming that the fox's boss is the tiger she's healing. Note the fact that he's recently "gone missing" and that he knows about Meng Qi's pills. I'm also leaning towards the hypothesis that said tiger is also her master from her previous life.

As for buying an antidote, if he can contact the fox, then he can contact someone trustworthy to examine his wound. Alternatively, he could simply have someone contact her in Beyond the Heaven to discuss the issue with her and then prepare the necessary antidote to be sent to her to administer to him. Even if the fox is the only one he feels he can trust, he should be able to arrange something simply by having the fox ask her not to touch on certain topics that might identify her patient.

If even that wouldn't work, then he could arrange for the fox to "randomly" decide to sponsor her and then foot the bill for any and all herbs she might wish to buy within some extremely generous budget, as well as granting her access to various difficult to acquire medical texts. He could even offer to get her completed pills to study, in the hopes that she'd ask for the completed antidote.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Was there anything special about this girl?" Just how warped are his sensibilities that he can't understand how abnormal a second grade pill worth several hundred seventh grade stones is? With as young as she is, or as talented as she must be to still look that young, there's no reason to believe that she won't be able to improve the grade of those pills either.

“He said, only you can cure him!” He's only going to increase the distance between them like this. He really needs to improve her opinion of him from a distance, especially if he doesn't have a way to remove that oath.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C23: I wonder what she did to him in their past life that he's so angry at her. Or is he just projecting his anger at himself for obsessing over her and ignoring the MC, only realizing after she was dead what it was that he had missed out on?

C24: If the spiritual essence of the pond is so rare, then why wouldn't her sect have taken it with them when they left in her last life? Its not like the sect leaders wouldn't have known about it, nor did they have to leave in a hurry.

SilverOne likes this.
  7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's two that remember, but it sounds like they died in roughly the same place at roughly the same time as her. I wonder if any others will also remember once she heals them?

lol. I love how upset he is that she charged him less XD

"Meng Qi wanted to say that the debt wasn’t so hurried." lol.

He shouldn't have left it up to her what she'd have him do and instead directly insisted on being her bodyguard ;)

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He should have said it was payment for helping on the front lines, or said it was a loan and she could return it to him after the mission, or both.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C29.3: I'm betting the invasion was a cover for finding the tiger cub, which is why it was so much easier to deal with in the last go around.

C30: This vine sounds like a stupendously inefficient weapon. It takes centuries to grow into something that can damage weak cultivators, and its a consumable. I'm not sure why it would even be worth the effort of considering raising it. Well, not unless you could cheaply and easily raise thousands of them at a time.

I'm a bit curious how this elder will react when the MC resolutely leaves the sect.

10. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    The vine sounds like an assassination weapon, for use against high-value targets, but I'm guessing that it also doesn't stop growing once it's been made into a weapon, so it would be useful even at earlier tiers, for weakening enemy forces over time.

On a different topic, what I want to know is, if Chu Tianfeng & Qin Xiumo have managed to work out they remember an earlier iteration of these lives, why it hasn't occurred to them that the changes in Meng Qi's behavior might be related?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  11. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-21: I'm really surprised that the Beyond The Heaven auction house doesn't TEST a batch of ALLEGED super pills as claimed by some LOWBIE NOBODY who submits it to them just before the auction and immediately puts it up for sale with their complete backing. :blobunsure::facepalm:

12. Katsurandom

Katsurandom [The One That Does Nothing][Villager C]

Reading List:
    Link
    Werent they put under the bigshot Lady's name?

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if she'll charge her "bodyguards" for saving them from the fourth stage demon. Though, its more likely that the white fox will show up and save them.
    If I recall correctly, the vine was destroyed after attacking them, which means that all those centuries of cultivating it were wasted on taking out some low level cultivators of little value.

They were analyzed by the appraisers. I assume that they're techniques are good enough to verify the effects if they're willing to stake their reputations and extremely hard to get jobs on the pills' effects.

14. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think she will change them because their shouldn't be any risk of them owing a karmic debt dince they are protecting her.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like he'll be getting poisoned by that vine way ahead of schedule. I wonder how much she'll charge to treat him, and if she'll even be able to do it at her current level.

16. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    ch30 part 4:
    Who's Yan Mingfeng again? I can't remember him and I even searched back a few chapters. Was this a typo for Chu Tianfeng?

17. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    The Librarian Elder maybe?

jacobpaige likes this.
  18. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, you're right. I had to go back to ch-11.2 to find his full name.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It would make for a nice twist if his boss didn't punish him for that question.

20. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    Meng Qi is going to have to start explaining that she has a reason related to Karma for charging at some point (hopefully the author thought of this).