LCD Astral Pet Store

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 5, 2020.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/astral-pet-store/

C1: If the original hated astral pets, then why would he have figurines and posters of them? There's no need for such things. Well, not unless he was buying them to destroy them, which would be a total waste of money, but still more understandable than buying them for display.

Its strange that he got the system such a long time after transmigrating. Normally, he'd have gotten it when he arrived, if not before. Getting it now makes the two events feel disconnected, which makes for a rather unbelievable level of coincidence.

C2: The store doesn't belong to him though? It belongs to his mother, doesn't it?

It feels very unfair that he's being punished for profanities he never actually voiced...

He chose Pickachu...Should we call him Ash from now on?

That feels like an incredibly dangerous place to go.

C3: That poor rat is going to be so traumatized... Either that, or it'll lose its fear of death and die tragically after returning to the real world.

C4: I wonder what he ate during those three days. Or did he just kill himself whenever he was feeling hungry or tired?

Also curious if time has passed in the real world while he was away. If so, then his mother must be super worried by now.

C5: I half-expected him to try to con her out of her pet so he could sell it, but that doesn't seem like it'll happen now given her circumstances.

C6: I wonder if she'll ever learn about her rat learning that special skill. It doesn't seem fond of using it after all, and there doesn't seem to be any feedback to the trainer about what skills the pet knows.

He seems to have not noticed the penalty for failure yet... Also doesn't seem to notice that he just lost all of his money, which could make keeping the shop open quite difficult when it comes time to pay taxes and such.

I hope the shop doesn't have a lottery.

C7: Honestly, it sounds like the food selling option is his best one. He just needs to raise a pet that's good at helping him find said food out in the wild. Even more so if there's a 24 to 1 time differential to allow him to collect it in bulk. Of course, that's assuming he doesn't have to pay to go to the cultivation planes, or that doing so is cheap. Though, this also assumes he'd have infinite revives, or be going to safer realms.

C11: I love that they're allowed to attack the trainer. It always felt a bit BS that pokemon weren't.

C13: Why didn't he take a pet with him for protection? Or some way to kill himself quickly?

C18: Personally, I think I would have upgraded the pool once before incubating anything, assuming that the cost of incubation remains the same. If not, then I'd have waited a few days and hoped to accumulate enough for that strategy so as to not screw myself over.

It feels like kind of a waste to use this opportunity on the skeleton, not that he really has a choice.

C20: With that much energy, he should upgrade the pool and incubate a new pet to take on his five day trip. Even if it costs a hundred points to incubate in the second tier pool, he can nearly afford it and the Awakening potion. He's only like 10-15pts shy. He can probably get that off of these two.

C21: If that's the requirement, then he may have to settle for spamming the tier 1 pool and praying. Well, unless he can buy the pet elsewhere, or contract it in the wild.

C28: I'd be worried about being able to do anything at all in a realm so far above me. Even the weakest creatures might be utterly immune to damage.

C32: It feels incredibly stupid for him to continually revive in front of beings this strong. For all he knows, they can track him across the entire plane, or they could simply incapacitate him for the duration of his trip.

C36: If he just spent his last point on a nursery for the skeleton, then how will he pay the upkeep on the nurseries tomorrow? It should be far too late in the day to open the shop again.

C39: What kind of moron starts cultivating in that situation? Or is he planning to tell his family that he's Awakened and somehow acquired a first class cultivation technique?

C47: How is it impressive to win with a rented pet?

C50: Why would he want to? He can go to cultivation planes whenever he likes without having to fear permanent death, or sharing of rewards with others.

C51: Why not rent out his skeleton? Its why he raised it after all.

If that's not okay, then he should at least delay till the next day and spend as much time as he can in a cultivation plane cultivating as much astral power as possible. Or, if he could go to where the pet was lost via the cultivation plane system, he could just rescue the pet in safety by himself.

C52: "Su Ping found a pen to write down an address close to his home and handed it to Fan Yujing." Why not just have them pick him up at the store?

C53: I hope he took the time to cultivate himself. He might have been able to raise his own combat strength to the fourth rank, which could drastically improve his survivability.

C72: How did he get the netherite home? Its not like he could put it in his storage space in front of everyone, and there was no mention of them dropping by the store to offload it.

I really hope I'm misunderstanding this and the sister isn't a love interest.

C74: What the heck did she run into in the finals that she couldn't win with a combat strength in the upper ranges of the seventh rank?

C75: I wonder why he doesn't tell her what skills her pet has. It'll forget them if it doesn't use them, which is a total waste of all the hellish work he and the rat went through.

That aside, he should totally film the exhibition match for the promo. Though, I do wonder how he'll explain it to his family. They don't even know he's awakened yet.

C76: It'd probably be more effective to just get her to wear something with the shop's name and logo on it rather than wasting time and energy on flyers.

C77: I wonder if there are any pets specialized in healing. If so, he should buy one and train it up to heal his mother. I'm not sure how effective his method of training would be for support pets though.

C78: "They learned how to create downlines this fast?" lol.

C87: I wonder if he'll try to sabotage the MC's shop for revenge, or if it'll just make him that much more determined to use the MC's services.

C91: I wonder how his sister will react, especially if she winds up in one of his classes.

C94: "It was less than a week since he started cultivating" Ah, so he didn't bother cultivating while he was on the cultivation plane prior to saving the pet.

C99: So, do the pets still have infinite lives?

C102: He should know better than to try to get the MC to do stuff that won't bring money ;)

C105: "It could catch all pets below the seventh rank with absolute certainty." That seems awfully high for an elementary beast catching item. I mean, if he actually used that on a sixth rank pet at the earliest moment he could have bought it, he'd have gone insane if he didn't directly die.

C110: Whatever happened to the netherite he brought back?

2. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read the novel it's on my list.
    my question is why do you use C? shouldn't it be Q? since it's a question? I've seen ppl use C before I always thought it was weird since they are asking a question shouldn't it be Q1 Q2 Q3? well I see some that aren't questions, but still shouldn't just be numbered if they aren't? why C?

3. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guessing it's about chapter numbers and the question that stuck the most in their mind about that chapter.

aegis062 likes this.
  4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Its referring to the chapter that inspired whatever's written after the colon. If you notice, not all of them are questions.

Shadowdracul and aegis062 like this.
  5. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah ok, but isn't chapter Ch? or was that laziness kicking in full gear? XD
    That clarifies a lot. thanks!

Shadowdracul likes this.
  6. Shadowdracul

Shadowdracul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahha This felt like reading diary entries.

7. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is some hard work. I have never written so much at one time either through computer or mobile.

8. TrueNineLives

TrueNineLives Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can’t u just comment on Webnovel instead of doing this?

Enryu022 likes this.
  9. Ner0

Ner0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though the author's take on the novel isn't like some big names who put a lot of efforts into it, it's decent since the author is good at pacing and building suspense. His ideas also have some novelty to them so it's an enjoyable read.
    My only issue with the novel is the MC's personality.
    But I guess it's part of the comical format.

10. Shadowdracul

Shadowdracul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the “LCD”, It was tradition long before webnovel came to exist. A lot of people prefer doing this rather than commenting.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C112: "the names of an outstanding skeleton pet and an Inferno Dragon reached every corner of the academy." I didn't think either pet actually had a name though? I can't remember anyone ever actually naming any of their pets other than his sister.

C115: If the prize is knowledge, then wouldn't they be able to take that home? And isn't there a very good chance that that is the prize?

That aside, I wonder if the python will pick up dragon traits and become an imugi or something thanks to this trip.

C116: I wonder what it'll do to the world's economy when he's absorbed a few percentage points of the total available money supply. After all, its all disappearing into the void, never to return. Economies aren't generally designed to handle that sort of thing on a truly large scales.

He should offer to train her pets. Well, assuming that their relationship improves anyway. If not, then she should ask him to.

C117: One of these days, that Pyro Canine is going to learn to talk and is going to out the MC for pet cruelty ;)

C118: Uh oh. Looks like he'll have to explain where all the money's going now.

C122: I wonder if his naming sense will ever improve ;)

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He's going to be super disappointed when Su Ping doesn't respond to any of his dms... or straight up blocks him.

Since his sister got a character introduction though, I expect they'll be meeting again. Kind of wondering how poorly that will go for the kid, and if his sister will get upset on his behalf and do something potentially rash.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C128: "He had made money. He had taken it all. So what?" It's not his store and his family (specifically his mom who actually owns the store) desperately needs money. That's what.

What exactly is his plan if she spends the entire day inside the store with him? He can't actually train any of the pets with her there.

"Anyways, she couldn’t even enter the pet room without his permission" And how will he explain that restriction? Its not like she won't try to go back there just because he tells her not to.

C130: I wonder why she thought "the door was too heavy" rather than "the door is locked." Also wonder why that wasn't super suspicious to her. Is her cultivation really that low?

That aside, I wonder if he has the option of not converting store profits to energy. It seems worthwhile to put at least some of it aside as normal cash, even if only to buy up the adjacent properties to allow him to expand.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "The entire Longjiang City would have heard about such a famous Astral Pet overnight if a citizen had one" Then why haven't they yet? He revealed the pet days ago.

15. Magnus183

Magnus183 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this thread for rant? Cause yeah, the author is fuckin inconsistent with plot but hey, how often do you find a good beast taming novel? So I'm just gonna pretend that I didn't read some parts of it

TrueNineLives and animefan217 like this.
  16. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its one of qidian few decent current novels I like.

TrueNineLives likes this.
  17. Magnus183

Reading List:
    Link
    It is decent compared to the general novel that qi have. Still not int the lvl of Lotm at least for me.. Been looking for a novel like it and the ones in the trial read that looks even remotely promising is the My Cell Prison. Have used mtl and it's kinda interesting. A post apocalyptic world with the infinite world theme(?) mixed in. And the second challenge that he did, he went to the world of It, the horror movie..

Edit: also want to add that if my skimming skill is not shit then he manage to obtain a ghoul factory or something, and he got a small army outside of the bastion/city in 200 something chapter

TrueNineLives likes this.
  18. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    Might be a long time if ever if we get another lotm, cons of finishing a good novel, but at least APS isn't another generic cultivation novel

19. Magnus183

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that's what I mean by beast taming theme novel.. They are rare so it's still enjoyable since it feels fresh

20. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    Wish they invested in more variety like look for more kingdom building novels.