LCD The Protagonists Are Murdered by Me

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by oblueknighto, Aug 12, 2020.

1. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    The Protagonists Are Murdered by Me
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-protagonists-are-murdered-by-me/

Description: Those who are regressors, reincarnators, possessors, travelers, or predestined. I will hunt down the protagonists that exist in the countless worlds and absorb their abilities.

There are only 36 chapters so far but it's a fun read.

It's about an F-rank travelling to different worlds using strategy and sometimes even abusing their own abilities to kill protagonists. The MC uses mostly uses guns and bombs in the start but begins to use other weapons like a sword, magic etc after absorbing abilities from protagonists.

The latest chapter was so fun to read so I just want to tell everyone about this interesting novel.

Subline Act and IrregularPerson like this.
  2. Klazy Labbit

Klazy Labbit Peko peko peko~

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started it and reached the part where he returns after killing sword king spirit thingy? I saw a few cliche things so I put this on the back of my list. So does it get better?

3. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a list of cliches, and he's the one that kills the cliches

FIEND likes this.
  4. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    It gets even more cliche. If you don't like cliche then it might be best to just drop it. It's currently on a Constellation arc. He's acting as a Constellation like from Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint.

5. Daoist Pharmacist

Daoist Pharmacist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for sharing, im at the point where i have to wait for 18 hours just to read 1 chapter of a novel, which is kinda boring to me with all the wait espevially when the novel is so good, it always leaves u hanging on a cliff. Its scog btw

6. Ichigoeater

Ichigoeater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was okay, but it seemed to be just as guilty of cliches as the stories with the annoying OP protagonists it sought to destroy without being self-aware about it. Basically, it wasn't as fun as you'd think it'd be.

I also didn't care much for the protagonist-killing protagonist, since he didn't even bother to confirm the other people he was going to kill (in return for more life, when his time was up from natural causes) actually did something to deserve it before agreeing happily. If they were actually innocent, he'd be a terribly selfish villain protagonist, but he lucks out and can be called an anti-hero instead.

Not to say I don't get the draw here. I get sick of OP protagonist cliches, too, and would love to be able to put the worst of them in their place. I think it'd be fun as hell, in theory, but when I was reading the story, I found it boring.

c.decora, Subline Act and Wujigege like this.
  7. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I had been avoiding the work like plague solely because of all the shitty CN WN that does the same premise, so I am giving this a try for now and pray to god/s my sanity.

Subline Act likes this.
  8. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    The people he kill steal the world's essence and will end destroying it, besides every one he kill is a total scum

userunfriendly likes this.
  9. Ichigoeater

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I mean. He didn't confirm that they were scum before accepting the task to murder them, and got lucky when that's how it ended up. His unquestioning acceptance to murder these people in return for his own continued life should have made him a villain, but because they 'happened to be scum', he gets the moral high ground. That's what bugs me. If the author had him ask questions before accepting, I wouldn't be as disgusted with him as I am.

10. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    They wouldn't even be on the target list if they were not scum, like the celeste for example she's a protag but isn't in the target list
    Besides the mc is not even a good person

Subline Act likes this.
  11. jolaloye

jolaloye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of find that realistic. A think a lot of people would kill people if that would keep themselves alive.

12. Ichigoeater

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to think, even if that's the case, most people would at least be hesitant enough to know what they're signing up for, but maybe that's my naivety speaking.

13. Blank-1

Blank-1 Fantasy-holic

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn’t say he has no empathy or feelings of responsibility, like how he made sure that 4 avatars he looked after could stand independently and wouldn’t be bullied by constellation, and how he cares for the flower.

But he’s definitely twisted, most likely from being forced to struggle to survive incredibly dangerous situations as a ‘normal’ person who needs to take desperate measures and risks

14. jolaloye

jolaloye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course normal people would be hesitant. Unless you're some sort of psychopath how could you not. I'm just saying the average person probably wouldn't hesitate too much to kill if their life was on the line and they wouldn't be punished for it.

Wujigege and Reio like this.
  15. Yasi

Yasi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yoo Seodam is a sociopath. The author has even mentioned that pretty much everyone who came back alive from Hell Gate is not mentally stable.

However, if you've read up to chapter 36 or so, you might have noticed that he's slowly regaining his emotions. Here's an excerpt from chapter 31.

That's the underlying premise so far.

16. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Intersting how that witch was repentant, but the host was nasty...:eek:

17. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not repentant, its more like she likes the emotion of being happy, if she's being repentant she wouldn't have kept those she harmed by her side

18. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course, given this is a KR novel, he’s going to have to spar, probably that girl’s father.:D

Wujigege likes this.
  19. LittleBigSnowFlower

LittleBigSnowFlower 悪くないよねぇ 〜

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm having second thoughts on this novel because of some friend spoiling a bit of the plot to me... But mc being a cliché-killer, i think i'll still read this.

20. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, what was with this new character? I thought that this Lee Junseok character would be all arrogant because he's S-rank but calm, polite and even trying to suck up to MC!
    I guess the people in the know actually accept him as an experienced and competent hunter.