LCD Sense

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by SerialBeggar, Jan 14, 2022.

1. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/sense/

[​IMG]

This is a pretty cute slow romance novel with a lot of comedic banter. It's set in a modern day hospital with the MC being in his last year as a resident doctor specializing in neurosurgery. Due to an mysterious event, he picks up a cheat.

The cheat allows him to assimilate skills from people around him. He doesn't go out of his way to "copy" from people, it just happens when he's at a difficult point and doesn't know what to do. The cheat seems to pick the most appropriate knowledgeable and experienced person in the vicinity to "copy" from. What he gets is really just their muscle memory. Often, immediately after it activates, he doesn't even know what or why his body is doing the thing, only that he can trust it is the right thing to do for the situation.

For first set of skills he copies is the high precision surgery skills from the hospital's most hard-ass neural surgeon, which was exactly what he needed so he wouldn't piss him off when he was assigned to him. The second set of skills he picks up is mathematics. His hand just does math on its own while his brain doesn't even know the names of the formulas and equations he's filling his scratch pad with. At best, he's got a vague idea of what all of the math's output is supposed to be about.

The MC does not try to hide his skill as none of it is really in the realms of superhuman. He was already a decent surgeon and likeable doctor at the hospital. He's just now more capable.

The FL is the one he picked up math from. She's a math savant who is highly intelligent, but socially inept. She's attracted to him because he not only does not mind her math-ing, but he does math-ing himself (you know, because he copied her). They collaborate to diagnose and choose treatments for some extreme medical cases using statistical analysis.

Everyone at the MC's hospital are all chummy. The only antagonists so far is a rival hospital, but only in so far as they're competing for reputation and patients.

Overall, I recommend this novel. The translations is very good, the writing style is very readable, and the dialogs are amusing.

KiseonYi, otaku31 and snooppyed like this.
  2. snooppyed

snooppyed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally, someone talks about this novel !!
    what I like about this novel, even though mc got a cheat, it doesn't feel like superhuman. mc still learning and humble, he is just more capable. I don't like it if mc got a cheat that kind of system that makes the doctor's profession is ridiculous like I found it on another medical genre novel. it will make the doctor looks incompetent and depends on the system.

another medical novel I like is medical return, that his cheat is regression.

3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love this author's writing style; it feels so light and breezy yet never suffers from want of depth.

As for the story itself, it's a medical drama that doesn't feel like a drama, a slice of life that doesn't feel humdrum, magic realism that never feels fantastic, and a romance that never feels overly sentimental— all of it working in its favour.

I only pray it doesn't end up like the author's other novels on NU. :blobsad:

4. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    what does it when my heart beats loudly when I hear your voice? lol

devince23 and KiseonYi like this.
  5. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mathematics ??? Muscle Memory? What? This really puts me off coz' the author of a medical novel is insinuating that Mathematics is related to muscle memory.

6. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    the brain is a muscle lol or something

7. otaku31

Reading List:
    Link
    Procedural, not muscle, memory is what the novel's official description states. Muscle memory is an oversimplification.

KiseonYi likes this.
  8. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if you memorize the procedures and formulas, if you can't understand it, you'll never be able to place the given information to the right place. And since Mathematics encompasses an infinite number of combinations, memorization wouldn't be as helpful without comprehension.

9. otaku31

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you read the novel? He doesn't memorize anything; rather he borrows the ability and perspective (their sense or faculty, so to speak) of people with specific highly developed capabilities.

10. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    it's like equipment that has skills in Final Fantasy tactics advance, it's not his and you need time equipping them and experience to master the skill

11. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read it yet, I'm simply reacting to the description of the original poster. It gave me a misleading first impression of the novel.

KiseonYi, otaku31 and canaria23 like this.
  12. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-97:
    Wow! He just burnt bridges with Melbourne Hospital just like that.

KiseonYi likes this.
  13. Skylar

Skylar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the TL drop the novel? There has been no Update for nearly two months now... TT.TT

KiseonYi and otaku31 like this.
  14. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    This and artist reborn

KiseonYi likes this.
  15. Skylar

Skylar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What a pity. I really liked the series...

KiseonYi likes this.
  16. asampe_tae

asampe_tae Los Blancos

Reading List:
    Link
    I was hoping TL was just very busy and would do a bulk release very soon. My fingers are still crossed.

KiseonYi likes this.
  17. devince23

devince23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please share a link for the MTL version? I've read this novel like 5 tines already just can't get enough of it. Thanks in advance ☺️.

18. devince23

devince23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Been rereading the novel and I have a theory that Dowook would get a nobels price after he cured Gabby's cystic fibrosis. Do spoil me if my wrong tho.

And can someone please make an MTL version for this, thanks