LCD 13 Minke Street

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JohnnyHan, May 22, 2023.

1. JohnnyHan

JohnnyHan New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please discuss the novel here and please keep the discussion within the chapters already translated on otaku translations.

I don't care for the MTLs available, they are straight up trash.

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  2. Anon2.0

Anon2.0 [God of Ice][Faaldara's ][FrostFire Head][Dia]

Reading List:
    Link
    There’s been mention of doing purification on his own, that could be interesting.

3. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    13 Minke Street
    NU link to the novel.

Can anybody give me a summary? The one provided doesn't explain anything.

4. JohnnyHan

JohnnyHan New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm gonna use this chance to write out my review, just a general summary without giving spoilers:

13 Minke Street starts out kind of like 'Lord of Mysteries" in that it is set in a 19th century-ish fantasy/horror world revolving around a transmigrated protagonist as he goes around discovering the mystery of this world. Mainly centered around religions, ghosts, demons, and family relationships.

Pro:
    • Detailed Character Development - Every character has their own personal story. You can clearly tell the different personalities between each character by their tone of voice and their actions throughout the novel.
    • The author plans ahead - As of (c110), no plot logic issue. As the MC learns more about the world, the actions or events that occurs around him begin to make sense. It shows the author actually have planned out the novel beforehand.

Con:
    • The horror aspect kinda fade out after the first 20 chapters into a slice-of-life-ish story (might come back later, idk currently on c110)
    • The "western" aspect is really dragging this novel down, it seems like the author wrote this with only his imagination of western culture and never experienced it. There's so many references to Chinese culture that the novel is just a chinese novel with a "western" skin over it. (Especially the names, a lot of times they aren't even actual names, just western-sounding gibberish)

This is really broad, I know. Let me ponder on how to explain it better without spoiling and I'll update it.

Last edited: May 31, 2023
    hypersniper159 and gangbuntu like this.