Discussion 2 topics for discussion...

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by SirPinha, Aug 14, 2017.

1. gggo

gggo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when I play civilization, I'd rather do diplomacy since war is more costly and counter productive.
    when I play the sims, I'd make my family suffer using low-cost furniture because they don't deserve comfort when they don't even perform well in their jobs.
    But I don't think I'm a cheapskate in real life. I'm just practical.

2. Mavericksserial

Mavericksserial Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It all depends on the tone of the game. If heinous actions are played straight, I'm too much of a boy scout in games to be villainous. If the tone is flippant, you bet your ass I'm shooting everyone who slights me in Grand Theft Auto.

3. raven

raven What to type?

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Destroy all Humans was my fav....... and in God of War you are totally a mass murderer and PROTOTYPE you are the reason for genocide.

4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmmmmm... I guess it depends?

Like, I feel a bit uncomfortable if I can't relate to any of the choices on those choice-based games, but aside from that, I don't have much of a problem.

In games like Dragon Age, I usually make the first run doing whatever I feel is right according to my principles, if I like the game and play it again, I start seeking different routes, so I do what is necessary to get the next cutscene.

Same thing in VN, though I'd generally be doing everything I can for my favorite love interest, instead of everything for what I think is right.