LCD Legend of Concubine’s Daughter Minglan

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jkmessah, Dec 8, 2016.

1. jkmessah

jkmessah WoC, GoR and TGS enthusiast!

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing that this good novel didn't have an LCD post, I decided that it should have one!
    It's only 8 chapters in but I think we can get a good grasp of Minglan's rather unfortunate predicament within the family and in general. It's no wonder she gets depressed for the first few chapters.

To some who are wondering whether you should start reading it, I recommend you give it a shot. The world building is very detailed and the characters are relatable. Mind you it is quite a slow-burn novel and we don't see much of the titular character at first, but I believe it's important to build up the world she lives in.

Discuss awaaaaaaay~

2. Chiaroscuro

Chiaroscuro Your Favourite Family Disappointment

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda like this novel
    Tried MTLing but... yeah better not

I find the MC's first reaction is fascinating since when I thought it too, if im ever reincarnated like that my answer is to kms too
    Since yanno, I'm no secret agent poison assasin magician or whatever it is lol

Aside of that it's surprisingly a logical and detailed novel
    intricate and fascinating

Kagamiya and Ran ahzu like this.
  3. Bloodyuuki

Bloodyuuki 『Pureblood Princess』『Owned Vampire』『Lazy Virus《!》』

Reading List:
    Link
    Do they have fast releases? Or short chapters?

4. ysah900

ysah900 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yup , it has potential for a great novel and is very detailed and you found liking a bit the other characters as well and not seeing them as just things that will make mc look better . I'm looking forward as to how she will get past her "concubine daughter" and being unfavored ...
    but it's a slow world building and although novel isn't boring and i actually enjoy the other characters interactions.. the reason i started reading it was because i wanted to see the reincarnated person as concubine daughter resolves her troubles in an ancient world , and as of now i haven't seen her do that, and i understand author want to first build the other characters personality but at least at this point when i read the latest chapters i even wonder if the character "minglan" is even necessary, her presence as of now in the novel is as thin as paper... lol
    I'm a bit impatient so i guess i will wait until chapters accumulate a bit and read it .. or my curiosity will win and i will read the latest chapters anyway... does anyone know what chapter she start to do something to improve?

5. Bloodyuuki

Bloodyuuki 『Pureblood Princess』『Owned Vampire』『Lazy Virus《!》』

Reading List:
    Link
    Then shall wait till it stacked up some chappie ;)

6. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the releases are alright. It's every few days with the chapters in parts since it's long. You could let it stack or keep up with it! Maybe read a few to get a feel for it?

7. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been stacking chapters. Will give it a shot later, thanks for reminding me of this title~

8. Littledragonlady

Littledragonlady The last member of Ancient Tomb Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    So, is it something like princess weiyang / concubine daughter is poisonous... with weaker nd?

9. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    Princess Weiyang is intense (and I love it!) but so far, from what I get for the early chapters, it's unlikely to be that cruel. Maybe in the second part of the book as mentioned, but just from how it's written so far, I don't think it would be that... intense. Could be wrong and that in itself would be a very interesting twist!

10. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    How can you not like Minglan :3 even her answer to Old Madame was good. Just wondering how long she'll have to act foolish.

Oni Girl and kcao1199 like this.
  11. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    latest chapter...
    gosh
    I nearly cried ;_;
    she's so alone..
    but her father finally... finally noticed her!
    :cry:
    Im so happy for her

jkmessah likes this.
  12. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @ysah900 well, you do have to remember that the body she replaced was a daughter of a concubine not really favored. Her mother was given to minglan's father to counteract concubine Lin's influence so in the start she really is timid because she has no one. And as of this part of the novel, her only support is her grandmother but although she was favored by that grandmother her position is still at the bottom..

I can't remember the exact chapter but she will start to be a bit active but the most showy instance is when they are at their teens and hualan is already married by then.

13. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @ysah900 sorry, i only managed to re-read last night, well if you mean that her calculations that affected her family, the start would be at chapter 60, when Sheng Hong, her father, sided with her and punished both concubine Lin and Molan.. but the rest are only when she responds to others calculations that ended with her having the advantage

14. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    The pacing of Minglan is slow but I like how they build up the world. I have to admit I was tempted to skip the scenes without her in it just to see if there was any character progression haha. Endured in the end~ It seems we are going to be in for a long journey.

15. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    My cute Minglan is cute.

Really, I love the pacing of this novel! Other characters really grow and show their uniqueness. While I wish to see more Minglan, I appreciate how the depict Wang Shi and her daughters in the last chapter!

miserablygorg likes this.
  16. Vishaakha

Vishaakha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the translator change? What happened to the previous one???

17. bibi

bibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    someone saw that they will make a drama from this book?

18. Anastrisha

Anastrisha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes the translator change, alp the original tl is currently missing so another tl pick it up for now while Alp is missing.

yep it's going to be a drama

19. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's a link with the poster, not much information yet but it seems to be slated for 70 episodes. Most likely she will grow up faster in the drama or they may change that.

20. missycin

missycin Pikachu is ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ and BL is (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Reading List:
    Link
    Minglan is a dumpling.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017