LCD Immortal and Martial Dual Cultivation

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by LNkappa03, Mar 23, 2017.

1. LNkappa03

LNkappa03 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    Too soon to judge or for the matter give the series a try. Prologue didn't really said nothing except perhaps he would be transmigrated according to synopsis.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  3. Sansome

Sansome A Kind and Honest Villager X

Reading List:
    Link
    It's too soon to create LCD for this novel... For chinese novel at least 50~ chaps...

4. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    There are 4 extra chapters on gravity forum if anyone is interested

DCLXVII likes this.
  5. Goatse

Goatse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Despite what they say, I can't wait for it to get poached by WW for more publicity. That is, of course, unless the translation speed is too slow for WW standards.

6. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe LCD stands for Latest chapter discussion, so this page wasn't made too quickly.

7. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember when the pickup request thread for this novel was created

Narrator likes this.
  8. postbank

postbank Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The premise seems weak, so we got a shut in who bought a shady book from the internet.
    He somehow manages to completely remember its contents and dies.
    Just for the book to be legit in this new world...... and gift him with enough knowladge to do everything the premise said?
    He did not only get a special cultivation tech but also several other crafts like talisman crafting ect?

When a god gives a little otaku some special gifts its believable but when a shady book from S-bay is the special gift then -.- yea.
    I am not really thrilled the premise probally doesnt even matter the MC will be able to do everything and beat anyone who insults him just a little bit or crosses his path.
    Typical shut in becomes tyrant/good guy who woons all the girls.

9. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm into this simply because MC is not a done to death sword cultivator. I wanna see what other weapons can do.

10. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Translation quality is quite bad, especially big problems with the names/ techniques.
    Sad to see the classic mistranslation of C-ranked as Black and D-ranked as Yellow...

"Inferior grade black ranked" sounds like complete and utter trash - not like the strongest ultimate technique of their clan...

11. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    their clan ultimate is trash compared to the others superior clans
    yeah usual xuanhuan/xianxia

12. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 18
    dude you are poor, people want to help you and you said you don't need pity?
    and there go 3 fools to be used as stepping stones

13. DragonInWhite

DragonInWhite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, Hi!!
    I'm the translator for this series, I found this while looking up the novel on novelupdates to see how it's doing. I suppose since this is a LCD, i should add this to my watched thread. Anyway, thx for reading. I know it's been generic so far, but hey, many xianxias have many common themes/ideas.

anyway, addressing the names bit, the Chinese characters is 天地玄黄 for rankings, yes, it can substitute 甲乙丙丁 as alphabets. Anyhow, I choose to go with the more literal translation of 天地玄黄 (Tian, Di, Xuan, Huang) (Heaven, Earth, Black, Yellow). Rather than a mistranslation, i rather call it a style choice, since its not actually translated wrongly. I honestly find ranking by A B C D in Xianxias to be a little silly (sorry if I offended those who like it) and find the literal translation nicer and cooler sounding (at least the heaven and earth).

anyway since this popped up, I might as well explain the reason behind why the naming is such a mouthful. stuff are ranked by the rankings mentioned above, but they are further divided into three grades, namingly, Inferior, Medial, Superior (or low mid high). so just grading and rank itself is 4 words already.

But yeah, typical xianxia, MC starts in a clan that seems big but turns out to be trash compared to the truely big clans. thats why the techniques are trash.

chapter 18
    actually he is rich now (somewhat). after the battle with xiao jian, the clan probably give him more support, plus that moonstone pillar, while broken, is pretty much all his, cause the only person from the zhang clan, who got over to that side of the barrier, died. That means all the piece that he collected after he left the pit is pretty much the entire pillar. maybe he missed a piece or two, but thats not that significant right?

Haevrus and StuffedDuck like this.
  14. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    remind me, does he have a storage device?
    because taking a whole pillar is quite catchy

15. DragonInWhite

Reading List:
    Link
    haha, plothole.... no, not yet.... but knowing how xianxia goes, he will probably obtain one

16. DragonInWhite

Reading List:
    Link
    but you will see the value of moonstone soon, maybe he did not take the entire pillar... i was just guessing, but it did mention ater he climbed out, he combed the place for fragments

17. DragonInWhite

Reading List:
    Link
    oh wait, my bad, in chap 18, the piece about the size of his palm was already worth hundreds of thousands silver taels

18. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    玄 can be translated as Profound, right? Profound rank or Mystery rank...It sounds more cool than black and it makes sense as well seeing we are having earth and heaven grade.

Also, please tell us if it gets better than other generic Chinese novel in future arcs as well? Being generic is fine but it should have elements to stand it out. See MW or TMW or or ATG. They are generic but addicting novels. So this novel also has something to make it addicting?

DeathStroke96 likes this.
  19. DragonInWhite

Reading List:
    Link
    I like mysterious, never thought of that. Anyway, i am still reading thru the chinese as well, i'm somewhere around chap 80 or 90. but compared to many of the other novels, this is the one that could hold my attention for this long. i give up after 20-30 chaps for other novels

20. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    How well does the author do Training Montages further along?