LCD Throne of Magical Arcana

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by DeathStroke96, Apr 12, 2017.

1. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    Throne of Magical Arcana
    NU
    Qidian Int
    An ordinary young man on earth, Xia Feng, traveled to a world of sword and magic, and took the body of Lucien Evans, another ordinary young man. Seemingly this was a world of traditional western fantasy, yet he discovered the astonishing similarities between the earth and this world, and between science and the so-called arcane magic…
    “Knowledge is power.”

“The so-called God, is but merely a little bit stronger Arcanist.”

Carrying a bunch of knowledge, Xia Feng crossed over.
    What are your thoughts on it, I know that someone translated 10 or more chapters before, so it's not like it is something new without anyone's prior knowledge...

But from the first chapter I got the release that witch vibe - witches, reincarnation and the Middle Ages or so... there are also churches... however the difference is the church can also use magic... also since no one created an LCD thread yet, I decided to make one myself...

Let's have fun discussing this potentially next big novel...

Ps: the arcane in the name was what attracted me to it...

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    strixflash and Setra like this.
  2. Akashura

Akashura [Fake-Harem Hater][Saber Fanboy][Tsundere Lover]

Reading List:
    Link
  3. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
  4. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    this good?

5. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I have seen at the moment, it is pretty interesting... and the spoilers at wuxiaworld also point that it might be very very good...

6. patcan3609

patcan3609 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, its pretty good. The romance in this novel is top notch too.

7. IcedBaby

IcedBaby The Baby that wanted ETERNITY

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the romance like

8. openbookworm

openbookworm Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel tempted to read the spoilers, but for now I'd like to keep appreciating the suspense of the mc slowly building strength while trying to prevent exposure.

9. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get with 3.8 rating. This novel deserves to get 4.3 at least.

Btw I love this story. I hope it gets a faster release (I know the current release speed is fine, but I can't help it) before I sell a half of my brain for a devil called MTL

Zyront likes this.
  10. Zyront

Zyront Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup

11. Akabane

Akabane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it's a pretty good story, I think it has a lower rating then what it deserves because of the publisher.

12. Lswarmruler

Lswarmruler 『Anya, The Cutest Esper Loli』《Spy x Family Manga》

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, i actually really enjoy the story and mc of this novel... but i am really confuse about whats going on since chapter 117.. so could anyone who have read and understood the plot of 1st volume of this novel, please give me summary of the event occured after chapter 117 till chapter 135 (end of first volume)... Thanks...

13. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Lswarmruler

Lswarmruler 『Anya, The Cutest Esper Loli』《Spy x Family Manga》

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, after reading chapter 130 and 131 about 5 times... i still dont understand what actually happen with sard, tiphotidis, illia, rogerio, hathaway, and amelton co? Who betray who exactly???

15. Sawcrot

Sawcrot 『Elk God』

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished reading till chaps 135. Just wondering will Lucien keep studying music in the future or he’s going to completely devoted to magic?

16. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like this. Need moar releases :blobdead::blobdead::blobdead:

17. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C4: I wonder why they didn't do this Purification right after they caught the witch. You'd think it would be standard procedure.

I wonder if all the priests are useless dandies like Ben.

They really should have explained what each of the spells did. I can think of half a dozen different spells that would all be called Sword of Light, and many of them could result in tragedy if used in the wrong situation.

C5: Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree with Ben. I think the last guard would have been a much better choice than the MC to carry that badge. Even if the power would have been lower or the speed slower or whatever, the difference in experience would have more than made up for it.

C7: Well, I wasn't expecting the language barrier. Since he can't just absorb the knowledge from the library, this could be a serious stumbling block. Honestly, not being able to absorb the knowledge was already quite the handicap on his cheat.

C11: Why didn't he dunk himself in the river or something before going to sell stuff? He clearly smelled like garbage.

C12: Honestly, 17 is extremely old to be an apprentice. Normally, you'd start when you were seven or so as I recall. So I'm not sure why people keep recommending apprenticeships to him.

C13: Why is leaving the city odd? Isn't the dump out there? Isn't he being paid to take things to the dump?

Does the author seriously think that people in gangs have never been in a fight? In a city that big, it's very unlikely that there's only one gang, or that they don't try to kill each other regularly.

C15: I wonder how long it'll be till the MC finds that sword. Also, if he really thinks that his knight would side with him, then he should just go talk with him about it directly. At the very least, he could arrange for the MC to be taught how to read, which is all he planned to use the money for anyway.

C16: Seriously, this is the worst possible solution to this problem. Even killing them all probably wouldn't be as bad.

C17: He should write a book that teaches people how to read and sell it for 5 nars a pop. He'd likely become rich quite quickly.

C23: Sounds like Rhine is a sorcerer. I wonder if he'll be a friend or a foe in the future. I'm leaning toward foe. I get the distinct impression that he set the girl up to be burned, though I'm not sure why yet. Maybe to hide his rats?

C24: I wonder if his great mission is using those rats to destroy the city.

C25: Why wouldn't the first magic he practiced be the one that concealed his breakthrough? It's far more important for his survival. Also, unless those herbs are super common and used for many, many things, trying to acquire them might be a red flag to the inquisition.

C26: Why would he even want to use that potion? He's not really in a dire need of strength at the moment. So long as he studies diligently and doesn't waste his money, his status as Victor's student should protect him for at least a year or two. That's more than enough for him to learn magic the normal way, without damaging his future. Not to mention the danger of actually trying to acquire those highly illegal materials.

C27: He actually plans to use magic against the gangsters? Unless he plans to kill them and eliminate all witnesses, that's basically the same as suicide. Even if he does plan to do that, I think it's probably pretty easy for the inquisitors to find someone of his less than impressive skill level, so it would still be suicide.

I wonder if he can afford new clothes. I very much doubt the Association would be okay with his current wardrobe.

C30: Why would killing them all there be necessary? As long as he can alert the church, they'll round up the whole crew with their inquisitors and storm the sewers after. Either the plan will start early (and his family won't be at any more risk than anyone else's), or the heretics will be wiped out or forced to flee (and his family will be perfectly safe). Attacking a group of known murderers in the sewer by himself is just asking to be killed, followed shortly after by the rest of his family. Short of trying to infiltrate the cult, it is literally the stupidest decision he could make.

C32: I think the author is underestimating the difficulty of what the MC is supposedly doing here.

C37: I get the strong feeling that John will be an enemy in the future.

C39: Why black robes? Doesn't that basically scream "evil wizard"? Why not just get normal clothes and a bandolier or something with the reagents? Or better yet, not bother since you won't need reagents after becoming a sorcerer?

C42: Considering how large and expansive the sewers are, wouldn't his proposed basement run into them?

C43: Why would he want to keep the book? If he were caught with that thing, it'd be even more damning than the alchemy equipment or his various reagents. Only the zombie brain could compare.

C45: That is way too small of a space. What if something goes wrong and poisonous gas is released? In such a small space, there'd be little chance of it dissipating to a significant degree. It'd also just be too plain cramped in general.

Also, he shouldn't have placed the traps. Doesn't he remember what that priest said about the inquisition? They only ever check for the traps, not the secret compartments themselves.

C46: “Piano,” Lucien answered, “Mr. Victor has improved his harpsichord and renamed it ‘piano’. Soon he will register the new musical instrument in the association.”
    Didn't it say in an earlier chapter that he'd already registered it? When he invited Wolf to see it?

C48: Honestly, that deadline is far too generous. A single week isn't enough time for the orchestra to practice.

C55: Generally speaking, it's not good to go to work for personal reasons on days when you've called in sick...

C57: Did he build two pianos? I thought he just had the one in his house.

C60: I wonder if Rhine is undead of some kind. A vampire maybe? Though he'd need to be the sort that doesn't fear sunshine.

C62: I wonder how Joel will react when he hears that Lucien's work will be played in the Hall of Psalms just three months after he started learning music. I can't imagine that it'll be easy for him to be happy for Lucien.

C64: Well, spy in the group confirmed. Only question now is if they know they're a spy.

I thought Lott and/or Felicia were in the orchestra? Why are they backstage?

C68: Why does Victor think Aderon isn't safe for Lucien?

C76:"the method the kidnappers were using couldn’t let them hear Lucien very well! " How did he get that impression? What they said would still apply even if they had heard him perfectly.

C81: It really doesn't feel like he has to read the books in his library. It feels more like he can access them almost as well as his own memory, and in some ways, better than his own memory.

C83: Won't Felicia think it odd that he just decided to sleep over? Won't she have someone wake him up when the party is over?

C90: And this is why it's stupid to leave calling cards.

If he climbed into the bed like that, then he'd be leaving mud all over the sheets.

C91: Honestly, that's a terrible excuse that is easily disproved if no such bird exists.

C92: I suspected that an organization that condoned Necromancy probably wasn't the utopia it was made out to be, but their alliance with the Argent Horn pretty much guarantees it. I wonder how long it'll take for the MC to figure out that if he wants a utopia, he's going to need to build it himself.

Which reminds me, why didn't those mages that tried to go to other worlds ever try to go to the other side of their own world? It should be super easy to get away from the church by doing so.

C103: Just because it already happened, doesn't mean that it wasn't a prophecy poem from before it happened. Ruling it out when you don't even know how old the poem is seems a bit stupid.

C104: I like her ;)

---Missing comments. Curse you Windows 10---

C152: I would think making it onto the list would be a sign of failure. After all, you have to do a very bad job of hiding yourself to appear on it.

C163: Why doesn't he just use the ring? Isn't this exactly why she gave it to him? What's even the point in murdering someone instead?

C166: What kind of high school book contains the formula for nitroglycerin?

C167: If he was in the street when he cast the Fireball, then wouldn't all the knights and priests in the area have seen him? There's no way they were all inside.

How the heck would he do all the stuff he was supposed to have done in under 15 minutes? Just the opening ceremony would have taken longer than that.

C170: That sounds like a fairly stupid arrangement. It's basically requiring someone to pollute young talent with outdated ideas that they will then have to work very hard to unlearn.

C176:"Can you wait for me another three months, Chely?" Jacques’ voice was full of depression, "I know that your parents love you a lot, and you love them as well. But can you give me three years? If I’m still not able to awaken my Blessing in three years, I’m not good enough for you." Wow, that escalated quickly. He went from 3 months to 3 years in like three sentences.

C179: Why would an aquatic creature need a magical item that grants water-breathing? It'd be like a human using a staff that grants air-breathing.

If it was written in murloc, then how did he understand any of it?

crazyfalcon and Night Ghost like this.
  18. merong

merong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the posts above are quite savage..hahaha

i don't care anyway, i just want more chapters!!

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "the male sorcerers here in Holm have noble titles" You'd think a society with so many powerful and accomplished women wouldn't be so sexist :/

I wonder if they were surprised by the trains, or by the fact that the train station was hidden in such a place, or the fact that you could actually take a train to get to a flying city. If it wasn't the first, then I have to also wonder why there weren't any trains in his home country. Is it just the church/nobility trying to limit the mobility of the common masses or something?

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe he should invent planes. He could easily live off the income they provide. Well, once he got them to be faster and safer than the current flight options anyway, which shouldn't be hard since he'd basically just be adding aerodynamics to said options.

If he's going to submit a spell, it probably shouldn't be either of his sonic spells. The hand spell is too dangerous, and the recon spell is only good so long as no one knows about it. Of course, he can't submit the fire wall since others already have, so I'm not sure what spells that leaves him. Perhaps he can come up with a better way to identify new elements? That'd probably get him a ring of his own, and more citations and arcana points than he knows what to do with. Of course, it'd also paint a fairly large target on his back, so hard to say if it'd be a good idea while he's still so weak.

Actually, I wonder if he'll try to raise his arcana level as much as he can, or if he'll try to keep it below his power level so as not to stand out too much. After all, if he gets famous, then his picture will start circulating and he'll never be able to go back home.