5 Fate series have been announced for 2017, my heart can't take this anymore

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Seraphic_Wings, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Azure Blaze

Azure Blaze 『Stability』『Calmness』『Tranquility』『Heavenly Blue』

Reading List:
    Link
    I envy you can play fps, I had this condition where my head hurt as fuck when I play some FPS games especially Call of Duty

2. sidtz

sidtz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess you could say this is the fated year.

i wonder why they're putting so much out now, maybe they're running low on money and wanted to cash in this year?

3. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Fate series are actually based on a single adult visual novel, called Fate/Stay Night.

When you watch Fate/Stay Night, you are watching one of the routes, called Fate route, where every one of the good guys won. It was said that this is the route most suitable for children, because it reflect's Emiya Shirou's childish naivety. In this one, the only good guys who die are Archer and Lancer. In this route, the main love interest is Saber.

Second route is Unlimited Blade Works labelled as Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Bladeworks. This one is slightly darker, with more emphasis on relationship of Emiya Shirou and Archer. BTW, this isn't gay stuff. Archer is Emiya Shirou from far in the future who is tasked with the ability to protect the world but resented his choices in his youth. He came back hoping to change his past. In this one, Archer lives up until Ilya's horrific murder. Unlike in Fate route, in this route, Emiya Shirou can use his own version of Unlimited Blade Works anytime he wants that he ends up being able to fight equally with Gilgamesh. Saber sacrifices herself to destroy the Holy Grail. So many people died, but at least Emiya Shirou and Tohsaka Rin can be lovers in London.

Third route is the Heaven's Feel. In this one, the heroine is Matou Sakura, not Tohsaka Rin or Saber. This is probably the darkest and saddest of the three routes. In this route, Caster and Gilgamesh are not the antagonist anymore, they're both killed and the true antagonist is Sakura's adopted grandfather. In this one, Rider is no longer an enemy, but Sakura's ally. Apart from how the story goes, this route is the saddest because there is no happy ending. In the normal ending, Shirou sacrifices himself to destroy the Holy Grail, after which Sakura waits for him because of a promise to watch cherry blossoms together, eventually growing old and dying as she sees a halucination of the young Shirou waiting for her on a road lined with cherry blossoms. In the true ending, Ilyasviel sacrifices herself by wearing the Robe of Heaven and destroys herself, who is the embodiment of the Holy Grail.

Then there's Fate/Zero, which is a prequel to Fate/Stay Night where Shirou's adopted father and Ilya's mother is the main character.

Don't know about Apocrypha, I probably don't know about this one.

Don't know about Fate: Extra

Grand Order is an online game, if I'm not mistaken, then turned into an anime. @Scrya -chan would probably be able to answer better.

Fate Kaleid Prisma Ilya is an anime about Ilyasviel, the loli who's really Shirou's older sister (not blood related), though with the way the universe change in this one, I wouldn't be surprised if they are blood related. In this one, the last Grail War in Fate/Stay Night doesn't happen and Ilya was able to live a normal life as a schoolgirl who's also a magical girl. It's a cute story. It came about because everyone was whining that Ilya died in every route, so someone decided to create a series just for Ilya where she's happily not dead. The OVA is probably going to summarize everything in the serial.

deathcoy, kenneth223 and thelurker like this.
  4. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    fate parallel world where two teams of 7 servants fight each others: Magus association vs Yggdmillennia
    or so it should be until a kotomine mess it up

Ai chan likes this.
  5. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal

Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal 「ZA ROYAL ROASTER」「ZEE KOUHAI」

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, sorry to hear that.

6. sidtz

sidtz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is one is set in a alternate timeline where magic died off and everyone sends their soul into the moon cell (literally the moon.) to participate in the holy grail war. Acrueid makes a cameo as one of the enemy servants which is cool, F/SN Archer is one of the available servants to choose from. in Extra CCC Gilgamesh is a choice to but who knows if we'll ever get that in English :(.

the game is basically rock paper scissors with skills and stuff to change it up a bit, i though it was ok. i recommend giving it a try, it's for PSP.

Ai chan likes this.
  7. kenneth223

kenneth223 『The Weird One』『User who faps to Drinks』 

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy shit, can't wait for the Heaven's Feel, Apocrypha, Extra, and Grand Order!! *Fanboy Scream*

Let the Darkness envelope us whole in Heaven's Feel

8. Lunatic Eyes

Lunatic Eyes [Not Lunatic Anymore]

Reading List:
    Link
    Fate series are good anime.
    I like the story flow and tragedy that happen in it.
    The graphics are awesome too.

9. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    Will watch HF. Don't care about the rest, only interested in the adaptations of the original VN. Call it sacrilege or whatever you want, but I didn't even like /Zero that much, although I admit that it looked very nice and was done quite well.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Awesome graphics, yeah. Too bad deen ruined stay/night.

10. Zypher

Zypher Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Expecting a lot of feels from the Heaven's Feel...
    The few things worth mentioning in Apocrypha are Moedred, Jackie, Fran, Semiramis, and Nyatlanta
    *umu intensifies* at Last Encore
    I already made a contract with Alaya for more quartz in F/GO
    still waiting for the GAR of Miyu-verse Shirou....

11. TooLazyToThink

TooLazyToThink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After the ending of the original fate, nope, I won't watch.

12. Shiki Shiori

Shiki Shiori All according to keikaku...

Reading List:
    Link
    Obligatory Prisma Illya poster:[​IMG]

13. omegazx

omegazx The Magic Mech Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this sums up the Prisma Illya movie

[​IMG]

14. deathcoy

deathcoy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heaven's Feel. Thats the undisputed true ending of Fate/Stay Night. The real essence of the story is concentrated in that 1 route where reality just hits you in the face.

Saber's and Rin's route has been capitalized too much and not many play the VN, they miss out on the leave the last for best masterpiece. A shame, really.

Ale Cole likes this.
  15. Fairy-chan

Fairy-chan 『Appreciates Cuteness』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my, both Heaven's Feel and Apocrypha are getting animes? That's nice, I think I'll enjoy the Apocrypha one at the very least.

Never heard of the other 3 though.

16. Rockavater11

Rockavater11 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna see apchroya more than heavens feel

17. Wakame Prince

Wakame Prince Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my gosh, this is fantastic- I haven't been paying attention to any anime news lately as I've been neck deep in wuxia/xanxia novels so I hadent known. Hah, all there needs to be now is a proper Tsukihime adaptation.