LCD Crossing to the Future, it's Not Easy to Be a Man

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by somnious, Oct 18, 2017.

1. somnious

somnious Leopard Boy Li Lanfeng Bias

Reading List:
    Link
    Creating a LCD thread for Crossing to the Future, it's Not Easy to Be a Man by 汝夫人!

I really love this series and I hope I can find people who share the same feelings!

Crossing to the future is a scifi CN story with xianxia elements! It involves cultivation, martial arts, as well as piloting mechas. There's a lot of different characters and each has their own growth as they follow their own dao (path) in life - especially the main character, Ling Lan, who chooses a highly atypical (especially for a woman) path of dominance.

Direct translation of the CN's summary:

In order to inherit her father’s military exploits, she began a miserable life. With great effort she managed to live until 16 and could finally be able to choose to marry and have cute buns when her supposedly dead father resurrects, throwing her into the federation’s First Men’s Military School.

Unfortunately, thus Ling Lan walked down the cold, disorderly, and domineering path, drifting further and further away…..

Spoiler thread: Here!

Edit, Update February 12th, 2018:

Please don't post back to back, it's considered quite rude.
    Most questions and 'plot holes'...will likely be answered in the near (next few chapters) or far future (pop up in a different arc), so trying to dig holes...is kind of pointless.
    Please stop harassing the translator over changes they have no control over? (common sense)

Getting free healthcare for a rare/unknown disease is a very common procedure in a lot of countries around the world due to the fact that rare/unknown diseases have extremely high research value. You don't need to be an important person or rich to receive such a benefit. No, you really don't need to be important or rich, you just need the disease. Do you think I'm joking? Because google will tell you in .00001 seconds that I'm not.

Edit, Update March 2nd, 2018:

Please remember that this is a basically raw written and almost unedited novel, thus minor writing errors and lack of in-depth research within a high science fiction and soft fantasy setting is excusable.

If you have any questions on the terminology used in the QI translation or a specific event in the story, feel free to tag me in either this thread or hop over to the spoiler thread and ask. I was the original translator at Lingtian Translations before QI took over so I might be able to give an explanation/clarification on the in question area.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    Lorielth, Ran ahzu and Action like this.
  2. Childish dreams

Childish dreams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The cover photo is Akame from Akame ga kill isnt it...
    On another note, this novel is actually not bad, and it has a good translator on it, so people who are hesitant about reading it should try it.

18Yuki and Action like this.
  3. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it is... lol

Edit: well it's a Qidian so I'm not surprised..

Action likes this.
  4. Childish dreams

Reading List:
    Link
    Its pretty depressing that most readers don't read novels because of cover photos like this, even though the novel itself is great. Another example is Monster factory with its hulk cover...
    Edit: monster factory already changed covers after a while so don't bother to look.

Ran ahzu and Action like this.
  5. Noctis

Noctis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this yuri?

Sherrynity and Action like this.
  6. somnious

Reading List:
    Link
    I could probably change it to one of the previous covers? I don't know how the author chooses her covers, but there's actually quite a few and none of them ever looks like anyone remotely in the story.

Unfortunately not~ But there is a BL side romance far into the future! The author's previous major novel is a BL.

7. Childish dreams

Reading List:
    Link
    And here i was hoping the mc would look like Akame. Then again, we haven't exactly been given a specific description of her features have we.

Action likes this.
  8. somnious

Reading List:
    Link
    Her features are rarely ever mentioned. Other than having a pair of phoenix eyes and an androgynous and beautiful appearance that perfectly merges her mother and father's good points, no one can see other than the ML bc everyone just sees a pair of terrifying eyes and a domineering and freezing aura. She also constantly ends up staring at herself in the mirror and wondering why no one ever assumes she might just be a girl (bc everyone's too scared to look at her).

trying_out, Ran ahzu and Action like this.
  9. Childish dreams

Reading List:
    Link
    Sweet, its nice to have a main character who gives off scary vibes but being quite nice on the inside.

10. somnious

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeye! Her character is super fun imo. She just suffers a lot and grows a lot, so you kind of miss the initial her in the beginning few chapters.

11. Sherrynity

Sherrynity I see no God up there… other than the chaotic void

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait; how did she ended up with that Dao when her first main path is Defensive art? :blobconfused:

I just love how her look in the cover. Reading the title, at first I thought it's going to be a BL novel :blobamused: But after looking at its cover, there's no a way a cute grill become a BL story.
    Wat.:blobneutral:

12. somnious

Reading List:
    Link
    That might be a spoiler but all I can say, Ling Lan doesn't see herself as a good person, that's why she embarked on her own Dao, which is Domination.

None of the covers the author has used for the series actually look like anyone in the story, unfortunately. The actual Ling Lan is androgynous and very, very cold. When she withdraws her aura, however, she becomes very soft and adorable, though. Apparently her smile can steal the viewer's soul, which is why she doesn't do it.

Sherrynity likes this.
  13. Onelifeonelove

Onelifeonelove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please tell me who's the ML???

14. somnious

Reading List:
    Link
    He shows up way later in the story (initially in the virtual world while they're both in their respective scout academies) and goes by the name Li Lanfeng <:3c His official appearance is when Ling Lan enters the first men's military school. He's actually one of my most favorite male leads I've ever come across? Ahhhh he's really good i can't wait to be able to start translating his onscreen time in the story wuwuwuwu

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  15. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not a major part of the story is it? I'm not really a fan of BL.

16. somnious

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, no it's not, it's more of a super side thing (altho all romance is super sub-plot, even the main one...).

Like even the most recent events in the story, romance has only started to bud...ah...let's cheer for Li Lanfeng, he has a really hard path to walk...

jacobpaige likes this.
  17. Onelifeonelove

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!! After finish reading the translated chapters, I went straight to reading raws mtled. I couldn't wait, however I read up to ch 108 and I'm like who's the male lead or did the male lead not appear yet....there were many male characters which made me think carefully if there's a possibility either one of them is the male lead. I don't feel satisfied with any of them and they don't give off the male lead vibe, therefore I'm here desperately seeking for answers haha. I don't mind spoilers at all, so please feel free to give me more details about the male lead, such as in what chapter he'll appear, what's both of the FL & ML's impression of each other and etc.

18. somnious

Reading List:
    Link
    :3c I've posted a spoiler in the spoiler thread for the ML! Uh hmm. I'll answer a few more of those questions on the spoiler thread >:3c

19. Onelifeonelove

Reading List:
    Link
    *goes straight to spoiler thread*

somnious likes this.
  20. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "On the battlefield, you can’t rely on others to survive" of course you can. That's the whole point of forming an army and training them to fight together. If they're all individuals and not a cohesive unit, then not only will they die off faster, they also fail to achieve their military objectives far more often then not. Individual ability is important, but teamwork is more important.

Judging by the last bit, I expect that the examiners agree, but I think that whatever the MC is about to do would still have caused her to fail if she was in the commoner group, which makes me wonder why she wasn't. She didn't really have the qualifications to be in the group she was in, and the numbers weren't assigned based on who the kids were in proximity to. They were assigned independently, and therefore, should have been based on the groups that the kid's were meant to join. Which should have meant that all the predetermined failures (aka: the poor or poorly connected kids) should have been lumped together to make failing them easier. As it is, they're going to have to really scramble to come up with a reason to flunk her out of the school without lowering the other kid's grades to the point that they can't get into the special class.

Wujigege likes this.