LCD Assassin's Chronicle

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Haiku575, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did a search but didn't find an existing LCD so here it goes;

Assassin's Chronicle

From NU page;

A skilled but unfortunate modern-day assassin was killed in a freak accident. However, he soon found himself summoned to another world by an evil wizard, who had him possess the body of a boy as an experiment. After successfully planning the evil wizard’s downfall, he used the wizard’s body as a springboard to gain influence and power in his new world.

2. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I'm only on ch45 at the moment, and I came to the forums mostly to clear up the warrior/mage levels. I feel like as I'm reading a character will be described with multiple different levels, but I know story-wise they haven't leveled up.

If anyone could clear up the levels I'd be grateful. :LOL:

ch83 - what is even going on in this story, it's all over the place o_Oo_Oo_O

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C1: Truck-san strikes again.

C2: Not sure I see the point of the pitstop in the Evil Abyss if he didn't gain any usable power there. Unless the stuff he learned there will let him gain power quickly of course, but it didn't sound like that would be the case.

C7: I wonder how he plans to find the island again later.

Why is he so down on magic? Yeah, it has disadvantages, but so do physical skills, and the disadvantages of physical skills are much greater if he's wanting to live a peaceful life while growing stronger.

C8: It's sounding like Professor should probably be Master or Teacher. At least, it would make a lot more sense in context.

C9: Why is he so insistent on living as an assassin in this life? He’s got a perfectly good opportunity to live a life in the light if he feels like it. Honestly, going back to killing people for a living would actually be harder since he wouldn’t have a good way of attracting clients or investigating targets discreetly.

C11: Maybe he’s nervous because you’re wearing a mage robe and you threatened to bring over your much more experienced mage teacher who would most likely not bat an eye at vaporizing someone trying to cheat his student? There’s nothing suspicious about his reaction at all.

C12: “You are a master swordsman, and Mott is a high-level Mage.” This is definitely wrong.

I wonder how he plans to explain all this to Saul when he gets back. Mysterious yet helpful stranger excuse maybe?

Also, why didn’t Saul teleport back when that warrior used qi? Wasn’t the whole point of the spell he cast to let him sense things like that in Anfey’s room?

C14: I think Anfey is letting his elitism get to him…

C15: No wounds? Wasn’t he stabbed at least three times, one of which tore his leg to ribbons?

I wonder if he looted the corpses. It seems like a waste if he didn’t at least steal their coins.

C18: I’d like to know what name he gave his mother if that was the name he gave the village chief ;)

C19: Didn’t it say in an earlier chapter that all the best mages came from this academy? Why is it now saying that only poor people and others who couldn’t get a real education would bother attending?

C20: Why wouldn’t he simply look for the librarian?

I wonder how many seconds it would take a useless idiot like her to die on the front line, and how many good people she’d get killed in the process.

C22: It would seem that Ernest chose to trust Saul. I really think the MC should have trusted him too.

C26: In a time of war, he brought a total stranger to meet the king just because he saved his life under highly suspect circumstances? He’s not nearly paranoid enough if he wants to be a tyrant.

He gave up a marriage deal that could save his kingdom just so he could try to one up his brother? He should be stripped of his status as Crown Prince immediately on the grounds of total incompetence.

C32: Ignoring the second guy just because he’s in pain and tripped seems like a bad idea.

C33: “he had never heard of anyone that could train as both a mage and a swordsman.” Yes he has. He just hasn’t heard of any that could train both to a high level. I sincerely doubt suicide requires a high level. Though honestly, I don’t know why he’d think the swordsman was a mage when he was clearly caught up in the mage’s suicide against his will.

C34: That sounds more like a kidnapping than a murder.

I wonder if his father really didn’t have a will, or if Brufit’s friend destroyed it.

Has this fool forgotten that his country is in a war? A civil war right now, especially one that focuses on killing the front line troops is the single stupidest thing he could he could do right now. Even if he succeeds, he won’t have a country to rule anymore.

Does he really think that Niya doesn’t have any magical protections? She is the daughter of an archmage and the most beloved subject of his father. I doubt there’s any defensive treasure in the kingdom she doesn’t have access to.

C36: Why didn’t the mage use a shield? Can he not cast offensive magic through it or something?

C37: Weren’t Saul’s things trapped? Or did they just have locating beacons installed in them? If the latter, then yeah, taking them is a fantastic idea, otherwise, it was quite stupid.

"You take a person to find them, set them... free, so they will suffer from our involvement." Is this a translation error or is he trying to force them to collude with him?

C38: Isn’t Niya fairly famous? Wouldn’t her driving the carriage be a really bad idea?

C41: I get that he thinks he’s clever, but if he really were clever, then he’d have just assassinated his brothers and framed the enemy empire. Problem solved. This solution of getting a third party to assassinate his father and then starting a civil war with his brothers and Phillip is just a waste of resources.

C42: Why would they need to look for Saul? They have his crystal. He knows exactly where they are. He may ignore it for a bit due to the war, but he’ll hear about what happened to them before long and connect the dots. They only really need to focus on hiding from their enemies and waiting for his arrival.

That aside, I wonder how many of Saul’s students are spies.

C44: I wonder why he hasn’t brought up disguising or abandoning the coaches yet. I’m sure at least half of them have Saul’s insignia on them.

C46: He’s clearly trying to teach them a lesson about trusting the wrong people, but I wonder how he’s planning to keep them from dying in the process. Also wondering why Saul never handled this part of their education when he’s the sort who’d take Anfey to a gladiator match to teach him about the necessity of cruelty.

C47: Well, at least one of them has a brain.

C49: Why drown the sailors? There’s no reason to not give them a clean death. They weren't involved int he attempt to kidnap, murder and/or rape everyone.

C54: “success is the result of one percent innovation and ninety-nine percent hard work." This misquote irritates me more than it should.

I knew the emperor wasn’t dead, but I’m a bit surprised that he faked his own death. I wonder if this was also a way of testing his eldest son.

C55: How has he not sensed his treasures being stolen already? Or was I misunderstanding something about his security systems?

That aside, I wonder what Seger thinks of what he’s seeing from the students, how Saul will react to the deaths among the students, and how long it’ll be until we find out the identity of the third helper.

Also curious if the emperor plans to “invite” Anfey into Hurricane.

C59: I think the author has forgotten the natural buoyancy of a person, and also the fact that any sort of movement in a pond will usually stir up a ton of silt.

He also seems to be forgetting that the swordsman could easily break free from that hold. If she can crush a mountain with her qi, she can break the hold of a normal person with ease.

If he didn’t want to kill her, then he should have worked on getting the water out of her lungs immediately. That aside, I wonder if the woman was Niya. That’d be embarrassing.

C60: How would he drape clothes on a naked, hogtied woman hung upside down from a tree?

She still thinks she’s poisoned…

C61 “Anfey hoped that he would never see them again” He should just give up on that one. He’ll definitely be meeting them again.

C65: Why haven’t they asked about who’s chasing the girls? That kind of info is pretty vital.

C71: I wonder what they plan to do about the baby unicorn. They’ve got three girls with them, so taming is a possibility, but I don’t know that any of them know the first thing about taming or caring for a magical beast, and trying to learn on the fly is probably very dangerous.

Also wondering what Riska is supposed to do. Staying put has a wyvern problem, but joining the others seems pretty impossible at the moment.

C72: I should have known better than to think that gender barriers would stop the MC from Hoovering up all the good stuff. I do wonder what an assassin is supposed to do with a bright white magical horse though. Also curious how they intend to protect it from greedy people seeking its blood.

C73: "Alright, you and Niya will be in charge of picking fruit. You guys could not help build the house anyway." Niya and Suzanna are literally the strongest people in the group. Why couldn’t they help build the house? I’m hoping it’s not a sexist reason, but I’m having a hard time thinking of any other explanation.

C74: I thought they didn’t have any space left in their storage devices? Where are they storing the parts from the manticore and the unicorn?

C75: If the MC was close enough to kick it, then how did he not get caught up in the fireball explosions? Also, how is he planning to keep the unicorn from following him when he goes to kill the wyverns?

C77: They should have reburied the unicorn and recharged their magic before going after the wyverns. No point in wasting their bait by letting it get eaten, nor in showing up to a possibly tough fight with their magic depleted.

C81: I wonder if he’s a transmigrator with a name like that.

C85: Elemental locks sound like something designed for the MC to pick.

C87: They all seem to be forgetting the cost of using the teleportation device. Where are they going to get virgin orc maidens on the other side of the portal?

I wonder if they’ll form a merc company. Also wondering if they’ll take the rest of the treasure besides that box and kill all the orcs. I can’t really see the orcs not doing something stupid and blowing themselves (and more importantly, the treasure) up after all. Though, if they do kill them, it will definitely damage his credibility with the human prisoner.

C88: His companions might be naive enough to believe that he was just talking to the orcs, but I doubt Hui Wei is.

Why are they talking about bringing food back for Shally? She’d have to be going with them right?

C89: Um, by definition, mercenaries are killers. They’re not assassins, but one doesn’t need to be an assassin to be a killer, and the amount of money being offered for them is more than enough to move most merc companies.

C93: I wonder if the little unicorn can recognize unicorn leather.

C94: I don’t think Saul will thank him for turning his students into assassins.

C97: I wonder what justification he’s giving himself for killing the princess. She doesn’t sound like she fits the profile he normally requires.

Also, that three day stop sounds to me like the princess left the parade.

C98: They found a kid with no combat power, in a place that dangerous, playing with 10k gold worth of crystals, and they didn’t find that suspicious? I don’t know how they’ve survived long enough for the MC to kill them.

C101: How can he guarantee that that specific woman will stay with the princess? I mean, I could understand if he’d marked the senior swordsmen, but with so many soldiers there, there’s no reason to think any specific one would stick with her when the others didn’t.

C102: I would think that the dead elf girl would be enough to get the elf wife of that merc leader to kill Orwell herself. Though I’m not sure if that would be better than whatever the MC has planned.

C107: “They knew Saidy had a hot temper and would not just let the killer go.” Since when did Davidson change his name to Saidy?

C110: This really feels like a trap for Shanteler.

C111: Won’t this expose Robert? Maho invested more than twenty years into him. Burning him now seems like a massive and unnecessary waste.

C113: I really wish that all the names wouldn’t keep changing from chapter to chapter. Just frickin’ pick a name and stick to it ffs.

I wonder if Anfey will wind up outing the “princess” as a fake and spreading the rumor that the real one eloped with someone.

C115: I can’t help but feel that the translation of the emperor’s conversation was heavily flawed. There were a lot of things that were more confusing than they felt like they should have been.

C116: I half expected him to buy the elves. It’d be hard to convince the team, but considering what’s been said about elven slaves, their status isn’t actually bad and being freed is totally expected at some point. If nothing else, he could have made them the unicorn’s guards.

C118: I wonder why he’s bothering to get them to commit suicide. He could just as easily kill them all in their sleep.

Also curious what he plans to do with the princess. Ransom her? Marry her to one of the princes? Hold her as a hostage to ensure peace without bothering to marry her to anyone?

C119: How much unicorn blood has he consumed? Did he drink his entire share already or something?

C120: Has Niya given up on being a swordswoman? If not, then she really should have participated. This would have been as close to perfect as training battles get.

C123: She should really have put it another way. Now he totally looks like a pedo.

C124: Why do so many authors think that all women and only women are vain? Neither is even remotely true.

C126: Why can’t they supply the city using portals? Saul could easily create one that could be maintained by crystals or mages working in shifts.

C129: Seriously, stop changing the f’ing names :blobangery:

C132: Why didn’t he have a space ring?

I wonder what he plans to tell his “client” now that he’s spared the guy. Also curious if it was his own daughters that told his mage to not protect him.

C134: Didn’t they promise those women that they could go home? How is taking them to some town they rented for the next three years “taking them home”?

C135: Anfey is a terrible father…

C137: I wonder if it’ll still be able to get drunk when it’s an adult.

Since when is Niya a senior swordswoman? If she’s that strong, then why isn’t she helping Susana and Anfey at the front?

C140: Why wouldn’t they know? It’s not like the MC or his party did anything to hide their destination.

C146: I hope he’s keeping an inventory of all the scrolls they’re wasting so that they can charge the kingdom for the cost of replacing them.

I’m not really clear on why it was necessary to waste a scroll in the first place though. They’ve got plenty of mages who could just carpet bomb the area to get a similar effect.

C148: He brought that on himself when he arbitrarily upgraded their relationship ;)

I wonder when he’ll remember that the princess had something to talk to him about.

C149: Why did he wait so long to ask for the boarbeasts? Does he just like torturing Eleven or something?

C151: If he really intends to let her join his troop, then he needs to stop lying to her, avoiding her, marginalizing her and basically shutting her out. She’s not stupid, and she’s very, very tired of being treated like she’s less than she is.

C153: Were I him, I’d ask for that order in writing. I guarantee you that if anything goes wrong, Mintel won’t be taking the blame if he can avoid it.

C154: How did Mintel fail to notice the scrying spell?

C155: I wonder how many griffons will survive long enough and calm down fast enough to be captured by Maho.

Also wondering what he told Alice before he set out with most of the troop, but not her.

C156: Why isn’t kekkai translated? A simple Google search tells you it’s a barrier or magical field. What’s the point in leaving it untranslated and not even including a TN? Kekkai -> Magic Field, how hard is that?

C157: I like how he made himself out to be the good guy who tried to warn them, while simultaneously guaranteeing that they wouldn’t get the message in time ;)

I wonder if they’ll think it was Suzanna.

Also curious how they pass the money off without it being traced to Alibaba, or if they’ll even seriously try.

C160: rofl, the MC is pure evil :LOL:

C162: Really wondering where Alice was during all this, and what her reaction to it will be.

C165: Isn’t giving them all titles of nobility with that timing basically announcing that they killed the griffins? Is the emperor trying to paint targets on them?

C172: I assume that summoning that thing consumed that bone they found before. If so, it feels like a waste to use something so precious and so limited here. Though, even if it weren’t limited, it’d still be a waste since it prevents them from using it as a surprise attack later.

C174: Why hasn’t Saul opened a portal to Moramatch yet? If he can make the scroll, he can obviously cast the spell, and their mission is clearly done, so why hasn’t he collected his daughter and her friends yet?

C187: I was wondering what was taking the church so long.

C190: He should have tried putting the glowing leaf in this ring before he tried molesting his girlfriend…

C198: A lance is not a spear.

C200: “He looked up and searched for the elf.” Why? Shouldn’t he already know where the elf is thanks to that leaf?

C201: lol, would Phillip even be alive in twenty years? ;)

C202: I thought Armin was supposed to stop by town on his way to notifying the church? Or do they just mean that no outsiders had visited?

C203: He really should do more for Alice. He’s treating her even worse than her family did, and after accepting her into his troop, he owes her better than that.

C204: I wonder if this means that he’ll finally take those women back to their villages like he promised them forever ago.

C205: I’d been figuring on him being a prince for a while, but now I’m wondering if he’s a royal bastard (in the literal sense).

C207: I lose more respect for Anfey with each interaction he has with Alice.

C208: I wonder if it’s possible to dye the unicorn a different color, or cover it in some sort of illusion.

C209: If he’s going to avoid Saul, then shouldn’t he have removed his mark from his ring and given it to Niya to give to Saul? Or is he not worried that Saul might be upset about him keeping Saul’s life savings?

There is a difference between nobles and royals. All royals are nobles, but the reverse is most definitely not true.

C211: He should limit the rebuilding of his house to essential facilities and security structures, then focus on public works, especially sanitation and food related projects.

C212: Anfey is a duke, not a count. It was stated multiple times.

C213: He should still call Suzanna in. He’s going to tell her about it later anyway and she can probably ask better questions than he can.

C217: I get that he’s probably trying to curry favor with the local nobility, but he should really worry about being lynched the next time he leaves his shop.

C219: Once again, the MC is a duke. He outranks counts, earls, and marquis. So either the earlier chapters were mistranslated, or the author has no clue how noble titles are ranked.

C225: I wonder if this will inspire Suzanna to tell him about her past.

C226: Why gift it to Suzanna if it’s more useful to Anfey? Or was that a mistranslation about it being more useful to a magic swordsperson?

C227: I wonder if he has any intention of passing his skills on, even to his own children.

C228: I wonder how closely those wounds match ones made by his sword.

C231: Why has Saul still not shown up to collect his stuff, his daughter and his students? Teleportation is definitely a thing he can do, and the war effort is completely over for him last I knew.

Also, I’m still wondering who the swordswoman was that tried to save them when they first tried to escape. Is that little mystery never going to be solved?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    niz22 and SayMrrp like this.
  4. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that was short...

5. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    I must commend you on making great insights into the Dao of actually bothering

Ran ahzu likes this.
  6. Heimdallr

Heimdallr [I-don't-know-what-to-write-here]

Reading List:
    Link
    ....is this flame? Considering the effort i am not sure anymore :blob_zipper_mouth:

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If they're going to teach magic, they should teach combat power too. They'll help more people to help themselves that way. Though honestly, they shouldn't do either thing right now. They simply don't have the money and there are more immediate concerns that could do far more good in the short term.

When they do do it though, they should have a scholarship program that requires graduates to join the city guard for a set period of time. It would dramatically improve the quality of the guards as well as giving the graduates some real world experience and networking opportunities. Plus, some of them might actually like being in the guards, which would be even better.

No. Why would you think that? It's just my thoughts as I read through the series.

8. Shadowdracul

Shadowdracul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello,
    Can anyone explain to me what happened to chapter 318-319.
    At the end of 318 they were talking whether to deal with that Fruz guy or not and suddenly in 319 they are talking about Flame crusaders and The Fruz guy living his house. I Mean WTH?? So many times I gell that between chapters a lot of things are just skipped like in one chapters ending they are talking about something at evening and on the next chapter a day or two has passed and we don’t know how that conversation ended. And the worst it in 318-319 chapters.

9. mmdock

mmdock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone point me to the chapter where the MC gets the spirit crystal in his chest? The story suddenly started mention there being a spirit crystal in his chest while in the Mercenary Country but i do not know when that occurred and I feel like I might have missed something earlier.

Also, the story has at different points translated noble families as royal families and can never seem to decide on the MC's nobility rank. In some chapters, he is an Earl, in others he is a Baron, and in one it even said he is a Duke.

10. Ran ahzu

Ran ahzu “a very tired person"

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys,what does rape tag mean? He couldn't possibly rape his love interest,right? Please say no,btw who's FL

11. SixDesires

SixDesires Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What are the cultivation levels I’m confused

12. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    @jacobpaige Novel is complete, more of your thoughts please?

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I lost interest in the series and stopped reading it ages ago. As I recall, I didn't like the characters' dynamics with the MC, or the MC, but I'm not 100% on that. It's simply been too long.

14. harry95

harry95 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    do you recommend to read it or not?

15. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    No, its one of the novels where the author gave up writing the story halfway and made the mc disappear saying he'll go on a journey leaving everything behind.

harry95 likes this.
  16. harry95

harry95 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the info ^^

17. Badr Zh

Badr Zh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holly sh*t you actually endure it this long I've already stopped reading it before even reaching in Chapter 30

18. Lord Cryptic

Lord Cryptic Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel has completed. This is a good novel with a good plot. I've also started to write the wiki for the novel be sure to check it out.
    Pros
    1) good plot
    2) good romance
    3) side characters not easily forgotten
    4) no super lucky chances for MC and no destiny
    5) MC is not trying to be best in the universe
    6) No death of loved ones
    7) Not every single girl is head over heels for MC though many girls trust MC
    8) The love interest of MC has a good personality. Unlike almost all other novels, she is not there just to motivate the MC. She is actually stronger than MC for most part of novel in terms of pure strength and they fight together when in danger.

Cons
    1) Either the translation is bad or the author has bad knowledge.

19. Lord Cryptic

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read upto chapter 250 till now and will keep posting till I finish this novel

20. Lord Cryptic

Reading List:
    Link
    I might be biased but I would like to point out that the novel has an unusual hatred towards necromancers and death magic. The MC foils the plans of necromancers time and time again, first was unintentional but rest of the times MC took the lead. This made them enemy even though necromancers wanted to welcome him. [updated till ch326]