LCD Phoenix Destiny

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jkmessah, Dec 9, 2017.

1. jkmessah

jkmessah WoC, GoR and TGS enthusiast!

Reading List:
    Link
    Find the novel here!

It's been a while now and I am surprised that no one has made an LCD thread yet for this novel. All this time we have many novels on cultivation, usually with a male protagonist (at least what I read and see, could be wrong). And most female protagonist novels with cultivation is either transmigration or reincarnation with extremely fast cultivation and a shallow plot.

While those are fun to read, Phoenix Destiny is like the next level. It is written well, and the protagonist is developed slowly but surely. Most of the characters introduced so far have been quite relatable or at least realistic. So if you haven't tried reading this, maybe give it a shot!

:D

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. Chibi

Chibi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It good novel

Ran ahzu likes this.
  3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    So she's not a black-bellied poison expert consort or something typical? :blobfearful:

4. cktulica

cktulica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you forgot that the previous body owner died as well.

5. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    Its like one of the typical xianxias, poor Mc that grows and has cheat, but ather well done and with a female Mc.

HavenCustos likes this.
  6. Lswarmruler

Lswarmruler 『Anya, The Cutest Esper Loli』《Spy x Family Manga》

Reading List:
    Link
    I really wanna read this, but i am not masochist enough to read the mc's family tragedy in the beginning of the novel.

Could anyone just give me summary till the tragedy end? And what chapter is it?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  7. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How prevalent is romance? I find it really hard to read romance from female MC perspective.

8. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    So.. I kind of skimmed the tragedy hoping to get back to it when I'm more mentally prepared, but basically ...
    on her birthday her long gone father sends these ladies to her family to divorce his wife. Wife goes into shock and disbelief, falls ill because she's naturally weak. Loving and wise grandfather was saddened and angered to death.

MC's mother knew she was going to due soon and didn't want her going daughter to suffer herself so travels together to the ex-husbands sect to get her in the sect since she thinks maybe at least he won't be mean to his own blood related child.

She comes in I think, finds out he has a family in the sect, he might've proceeded to slander his ex-wife calling her a gold digger. MC's mom dies, MC was sent to a small corner of the sect with a crippled teacher.

To skip, you can probably read from the title of each chapter! Hope it helps~

9. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly at this time there is like... None.
    She is just about 11-12 years old and there is no hint of romance. She is very level headed but you can occasionally see glimpses of her childishness. She is calm and collected, not cold and indifferent.

I do not think it is a focus as of yet as she is still rather weak, so her primary objective is to become stronger. But I doubt the way her character is written, she would let her emotions get the better of her.

10. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    No 10 year old kids with everlasting love here, her focus is getting stronger.

11. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaah. Though it would be interesting to read about this new character that seems to be the possible ML....

A part of me wishes for her to hook up with Gao Xiang... Such a sincere and upright boy would be the perfect foil for her character instead of a black belly.

But we'll see!

Shiksha_12 likes this.
  12. MarxDarkBear

MarxDarkBear The Great Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Ik really love this novel. It isn't like the cliché xanxia/wuxia novel with a fm that used tot be an asassin or a genius doctor. But ends up getting a massive cheat. And still with the massive cheat is heavy reliant on the male lead

JimmyFalcon and HavenCustos like this.
  13. NorthernNights

NorthernNights Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Andd a new character has been introduced! :blobsmilehappyeyes:

14. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    I am actually liking this Yan Wugui character more with each new chapter... But GaoXiang.... His master is very rational, its a good thing for the more hot-headed and righteous GX!

HavenCustos likes this.
  15. Ikan

Ikan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no raw link yet?

16. darkclouds

darkclouds Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, the tragedy isn’t tragic since it is introduced right at the start and we do not know the MC enough to empathise with her. I’d say the LN so far is pretty chilled out. Her growth is slow, but steady. It seems meaningful and even with her cheat, she is not omnipotent. Added to that, she is a clever child and is able to make the best use of her circumstances. The ML is also quite interesting. His story will take quite a bit of time to unravel though. Romance isn’t prevalent at the moment. He only appears for a short while.

HavenCustos likes this.
  17. darkclouds

darkclouds Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There’s a time skip of 4 years. She is 15 now!

HavenCustos and NorthernNights like this.
  18. sonnen

sonnen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the first novels with a female lead that I honestly enjoy and can't wait for next chapter drop

HavenCustos and NorthernNights like this.
  19. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C1: I wonder if she’ll wind up killing her father. After this, he definitely deserves it. He didn’t even return the money they spent to support his worthless ass.

Also wondering if that woman actually believed all that nonsense about the MC’s family being parasites.

C2: They really would be better off trying to enroll her in a different sect. Nothing good can come from her visiting her father. They’ll be lucky if the people at the door don’t just kill them. Even if a miracle happens and they’re able to meet him, he definitely won’t take responsibility for anything. He’s not the sort.

C3: I wonder if she’ll wind up being invited to join the visiting sect. If so, I wonder how fast her father’s tune will shift.

C5: I was really hoping the other sect would step in and recruit her. Her life is going to be pure Cinderella hell if she joins her father’s sect third rate sect.

C6: Well, at least the teacher they chose for her is a cripple and not a pedophile.

I hope that pendant is an invitation to his sect. Though honestly, even if it is, her father will definitely try to steal it.

C8: “Currently, he doesn’t respond to others much, thus you’ll have to be patient with him.” When I read this, I really thought the guy had suffered major brain trauma and was just slightly better than a vegetable.

How has that steward kept his position for any length of time if he can’t do the extremely simple, preschool level math necessary to solve that problem?

C10: I was wondering why she didn’t have the welcoming package that pretty much every sect hands out. I guess her master is even more useless than expected.

I figured the servants would at least teach her how to cook while they were there.

C11: I wonder if she’ll actually move to the outer court, or if she’ll stay and try to teach herself from books while hoping for her master to live up to his responsibilities.

C12: It’s strange that we’re going with the Western elements plus Yin and Yang. I suppose the author just really wanted to use a Rubik's cube, and the Eastern elements wouldn’t have worked with only six sides.

C14: I like this cheat. It’s quite different from the norm.

I wonder if she’ll use it to heal her master.

C15: Not that she needs it, but I wonder if she can increase the rank of her block. Also curious if she’ll ever meet anyone else in her world that has a block.

C17: I wonder why they even had inferior grade herbs on hand. Do they give them to the alchemy apprentices to practice with or something?

So, who does he expect her to send word through? Her master? Because there’s only the two of them there, so it’s basically got to be one of them.

C18: She really should be more cautious about acquiring a method. This is probably one of the most important things for determining her future, and she doesn’t know that he’s not a charlatan.

C21: I wonder which of the two will gain more from playing together, and if the guy will fall for her as they grow up.

C22: I wonder how time distortions work if two people visit each other’s worlds and then enter the tree’s space. Something tells me it would be quite wonky.

C26: She should have asked Six about marking that world so that she could return to it when she had a way to exploit that mine. Failing that, she should have told the village so that they could notify their government and not only avoid more demonic beasts raiding their village, but also have their village dramatically expand and prosper.

C28: I have a feeling that he and her martial grandmother were more than friends, or he wished they had been.

C29: It’s unfortunate that she’s already given up on alchemy. If she became even moderately competent at it by xianxia standards, she’d be a peerless master in her world and the sect would be more than happy to destroy her father, his family and the diehard members of his faction in order to curry favor with her.

C30: Well, he should get a major confidence boost after seeing how far behind all the others are compared to them ;)

If there’s such a thing as a good route, her brother will be on it for sure. But if there’s such a thing as a bad route, I wonder if her father will have the courage to send her and her friend on it when doing so would definitely piss off her friend’s grand master.

C31: I wonder how her stepmother’s family will react if she actually does take first place. Her growing stronger is definitely not a good thing for them after all.

C32: If she’s gone hunting solo on numerous occasions, then how would she ever forget to use her light body technique?

C33: I hope the MC doesn’t get saddled with the new girl.

C40: I’m betting he’ll get the credit for that kill regardless.

C43: “her bad temperament of slapping people over a brief remark, was not exactly proper too.” I wonder if he’d feel the same if it were his mother that was publicly slandered to death by his father.

C45: I wonder if the b***h will be able to cheat enough to let her nephew outdo the feat of soloing a specter.

C47: I hope she brought that jade token with her, though I don’t know why she would have.

C51: She could probably get a communication talisman if she wanted to. I’m not sure how she’d explain it to the sect afterward though.

C52: I’d been thinking for a while now that she’d get one of those horses, but I’m not sure how she’d manage that now since having one would definitely implicate her in whatever it is that they’re about to do.

C58: If you’re going to bet on finding something, you should at least know what that something looks like…

C62: If she smashed her front into the cliff face, then how is the foal still fine?

C66: It really would be best for her to just leave. She could easily make enough money to support herself pretty much anywhere so long as she’s careful to not draw too much attention, and the sect has never given her anything.

C67: I hope she goes looking for a cure for him after this. She should be able to find one. Though she may not be able to afford it.

C68: She didn’t take her dagger with her…

C69: It’s nice to see a series that actually understands how important a teacher is, rather than just claiming that they’re important and then having them teach the MC almost nothing.

C71: She should have asked her master for a storage item and then returned to that first world. An entire spirit stone mine isn’t something to be given up easily.

C72: I wonder how long it'll take for someone who hates her to realize what beast it is that she's tamed.

If there are always thirty genuine successors, then just how low is the status of a courtyard master whose rank is even lower than genuine successor?

If she weren’t the MC, I’d worry about her screwing up her foundation in order to harmonize faster to screw over the b***h.

That said, she’s really stupid to have avoided the competition twice in a row. At minimum, she should attend every other one, just in case there’s a mishap. Or does she really think that all of her opponents will forfeit just to curry favor with her and her faction?

C74: I wonder if answers that require credits are purged from the forums when people upload them, or if she can just surf the forums to find the answers without wasting credits.

Also curious how the b***h will retaliate when the MC costs her her status as a genuine disciple.

HavenCustos likes this.
  20. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    That was the best up to date LCD post I have ever seen!

But this novel is somehow both really Xianxia and kind of...online game style... which is surprisingly working well so far. Granted we haven't seen much of Heavenly Wheel to really judge how it works.

Still enjoying every chapter so far. Hardworking character? Check. Female protag in a real Xianxia? Check. Cute beast pet? Check. Teacher that does teacher things? Check.

HavenCustos likes this.