LCD Dominion's End

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by SeiraJLoyard, Mar 30, 2016.

1. SeiraJLoyard

SeiraJLoyard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dominion’s End

Let's talk about Shuyu, Shutian, and Junjun >^< <3 Of the chapters available, which is your favorite? I personally have to say that whenever I reread this, I tend to start from chapter 8 because of how Shuyu fights back and the reactions of the other mercs!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2016
  2. kyky

kyky Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i won't spoil you much but i read the Thai translate version up to Vol 3 and it's so exciting

3. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I like chapter 8 too. Pretty boy holding onto a head like nothing XD. And the siblings combo of "we're you violated??" Just makes it so awesome0

4. Chronos5884

Chronos5884 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is my favorite chapter too. The characters are amusing due to their odd thoughts and common sense. And then they're serious at all the right times to tug the heart strings. I wish I could write like that.

5. ToastedMarshmallow

ToastedMarshmallow Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i haven't read this novel...so might seniors enlightened me about this novel??

6. SeiraJLoyard

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a pretty amazing novel ^^ haha, There's really no other way to describe it. The interactions between the siblings are heartwarming and funny. It's also a pretty unique reincarnation story idea, and the way the author presents all the conflicting feelings and thoughts going on in the MC is pretty awesome! ^^

haweii and ToastedMarshmallow like this.
  7. Aure94100

Aure94100 French Cultivator from the No-Time Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Me, I couldn't continue reading that because it was hard to bear the guilt created by the actions of the MC ... and the almost predictable fall. When the mercenaries discovered what he was doing in secret at night ... how all the social situation in the group suddenly changed ... it was quite shocking . Moreover, the ingratitude, contempt , profit, violence and malevolence that emerged from the actions of these people who were supposed to protect them , especially remembering that they were able to discover their abilities and survive thanks to the MC ... the change of attitude from allies to suspicious persons with a dominant, aggressive, profiteering, spiteful, selfish and malicious behaviour was too radical for that I can digest it.

So, I don't have opinions about these characters. Sorry.

AkeShiro likes this.
  8. SeiraJLoyard

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, honestly, when it reached that point in the story I almost dropped it as well! even now, when I reread I always skip that part because of the sudden flip in the attitude and the way the MC handled the situation annoyed me. But thinking back, I feel that because this is written from the MC's POV, some of the things about the attitude of the Merc group could've completely been due to what the MC thought not what actually happened. Though I was disappointed with the older brother during the coffee scene. Made me cry TT~TT

Miaka_Mei likes this.
  9. ToastedMarshmallow

ToastedMarshmallow Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you senior...seem very interesting.. i will put it on my list and start reading since I've read all on my reading list up to date...

Chronos5884 likes this.
  10. Starvenus

Starvenus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a human nature to be suspicious though and even more so at the face of extinction.
    They are mercenaries so at least they knew/saw the type of worst kind of human out there, I guess they couldn't help but feeling suspicious, "if he hides this, what else he held back from us?".
    Now I am not saying their action justifiable though, after all they're all still alive thanks to him and his big brother for taking them back home. Even gave them pointers for their powers. The one that not bode well on me was the elder brother action of the coffee scene, I was quite speechless; it's kinda of out of character for a brother who would move the world for his siblings to do that action.

11. Chronos5884

Reading List:
    Link
    I found their reactions completely reasonable though. The MC did not really handle it well. After all, the original Shuyu would absolutely never have done that. Added on with the whole, coma and living another life thing and Shuyu constantly saying what if he isn't who you think he is... well, it's kind of suspicious. It's something the Shuyu they knew would never do. He's selfishly gathering spoils from other people's kills while living safely in the house. He's keeping secrets that clearly gives him an advantage from them to leave them at a disadvantage.

Considering all of that, I find it completely reasonable that the mercenaries will become super suspicious. After all, they fought their way over and followed their leader to go protect his family, and then the one with all the know-how is holding back information that will greatly increase their chances of survival. If they easily accepted it and acted like nothing was wrong, I would be extremely concerned.

They are mercenaries, they've killed for money. These are the end times, where civilization has collapsed. This is the apocalypse where monsters abound, chaos reigns, and life is especially fleeting.

Right now, in a world where might makes right, one guy is intentionally profiting from other's hard work and weakening his allies for his own safety. The only reason they found out is because they managed to catch him in the act. He shows no remorse for his actions, but because he's related to the leader, no one can do anything about him.

Is that really the guy you want to trust with your life? Do you really want to let that guy stick around in your group? What about later, when it's do or die, do you want him guarding your back? It's clear he'll put himself above all else, so if things look dicey, who can say he won't run? How do you know he won't stab you in the back? He is looking out for his own benefits, he has his own goals. If he can guarantee his survival by sacrificing you, who can say he wouldn't do it for the sake of that guarantee?

Honestly, all of their motivations are completely understandable. As are their behaviors. I love that about the story.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  12. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait a sec! May I have the link to he Thai translation? XD

13. SeiraJLoyard

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know Thai... TT~TT wuuuu

14. SeiraJLoyard

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I just realized, since this is a latest chapter discussion thread I should talk about the latest chapter ^^

I was disappointed when I realized that the Extras part 2 wasn't a continuation of shutian on his way home but it was still really funny the conversation between junjun and shuyu! I can't get enough of their relationship ^.^ <3

Ren Wolfie and Shio like this.
  15. Chronos5884

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I agree. It was pretty funny to read. Shuyu has long lost his shame. I was surprised at Junjun though. Especially when she tried to comfort Shuyu by saying she had dealt with the same thing.

Shio likes this.
  16. SeiraJLoyard

Reading List:
    Link
    dealt with the same thing in what way? I don't recall her doing anything similar to Shuyu? unless you're talking about that extra about her having 1 million volts lol...

I was actually surprised at Shuyu though, with all the stuff he told Junjun about, I felt that he wouldn't actually tell her he wants to do Shutian, but now that I reread that extra, it does seem possible... ^^

17. kyky

kyky Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for your guys, the Thai translate version I mentioned previously are in hard copy, no link.
    "but in Vol. 2 and Vol. 3, there something happened and our MC separated from his family from about the second half of Book 2 and reunited with his family again in the end of Book 3. during this time, he/she met someone special, i would say that absolutely,surprisingly, and extraordinary special both for the MC and us, reader."

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  18. Chronos5884

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, specifically that she also fantasized about doing Shutian as well. That shocked me XD

19. SeiraJLoyard

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooo!! >^< you've made me so excited! I can't wait for the translation now!
    Ahhh...that's what you meant! lol, then again the story so far has been from shuyu's pov and his pov on shujun is a little skewed. I got that feeling at the end of chapter 8 or beginning of chapter 9 when she comes back and sees shuyu all messed up she had some killing intent that shuyu just brushed off ^^ heehee, our Junjun isn't as pure as Shuyu wants to think she is!

20. AnAnimal

AnAnimal Idk mane

Reading List:
    Link
    Know the TL rate on this?