LCD Someday Will I Be The Greatest Alchemist?

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by ElefantVerd, May 10, 2018.

1. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

NU link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/someday-will-i-be-the-greatest-alchemist/

Description

Iruma Takumi, a 40-year old salary man, was dragged into a hero summoning just like in a template. What was his fate? The Goddess sent him and the heroes to the other world separately.

With the Goddess’ overprotective support, he landed in a different world looking handsome, rejuvenated, and quite different from a Japanese.

However, he wanted a slow life while working in the manufacturing trade. That was not permitted by the Goddess’ special body and abilities.

Would Takumi be able to live a peaceful life in a different world?​

2. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently there are some critics about the way the author is writing the history, and conducing the pace.

The acquisition of skills is as easy as "swing the sword, get swordmanship lv 1". MC is a cheat...

Other point is that he appears in fronto of a village and instantly gets friend with everybody... Too fast, and too few human interactions.

3. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    I took a look last week, and went meh.

Honestly, it's not very good...and there isn't anything that makes it standout, yet. If it gets better in the future, was when I planned to make an LCD for it.:blobtongue:

Wujigege likes this.
  4. Cleveravi

Cleveravi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish they would come out with chapters a little faster

ElefantVerd likes this.
  5. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Ditto!!

Wujigege likes this.
  6. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Because I trust cesarakg's taste in novels, I will follow this and read new chapters. So far it's your typical OP slice of life...which can be excellent...like the white cat and dragon King novel. Which is ALSO plagued by slow updates. :p

7. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    So much weight....

userunfriendly likes this.
  8. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Not to worry, as mentioned I had my eye on this for a while. Have you read raws? If so, it gets better? :blobhug:

9. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Define better.

Forget it. It's Alphapolis. I have problems with raws hosted there.

You can read only from chapter 86.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  10. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to give it a chance. I have strange tastes anyway. :p

11. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Last chapter published 7-1.

12. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    As of today, our hero is banging his two slaves, and they are willing. So, it's real harem. His spider became an Arachne ( cute loli with spider as lower body - Freud would love that).

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  13. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if someone posted the manga raws somewhere...

14. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    This is something I hate in general novels, the involvement of religion (most religious people are irrational and unreasonable) and the conspiracies, prejudice and persecutions they promote.

15. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Why doesn't the Great Alchemist create an All Terrain Armored Vehicle? Why a horse-driven carriage?

[​IMG]

Put some cool painting, a strong motor, high-density rubber in the wheels, and some magical AI, and done, you can travel or you can put it in the magic bag when you don't need it, I don't know.

16. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He does not have time to perfect the engine before he needs the carriage? He should have the materials needed, but using an alternate fuel source, and transmission, would take time to balance.

Plus that would require understanding how the vehicles work, which he might not know in detail, not everywhere has america's car ownership rates, and not every driver understands the workings of their vehicle.

That and it would stand out to much, while the goal is to blend and pretend to be a normal adventurer. A normal adventurer would not have a self propelling vehicle, but a carriage pulled by some for of beast of burden.

Using one would be a like having huge sign saying "here is the guy you are looking for" to any operatives trying to target him from the evil religious empire, who already tried to claim the rights to his work.

17. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Put some intelligence in the thing, and takes it to a ride so it can learn how to deal with things. A motor in each wheel and you don't need black magic (transmission and differential mechanism). As for the fuel, let them burn magic crystals, why not?

18. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but redeveloping the engine is a project that should take years. If it was simple then the natives would already have them, so you would not need to create it yourself.
    Most of the knowledge required for cars propulsion other then the engine itself existed long before the engine did. windmills have been around for over a millenia after all, and there is alot that can be carried over from them. If it was simple enough that a non-mechanic, non-engineer office worker could put one together in a week, then the world would already have them.

Unless the Mc has some massive cheat skill for production, or there is some explained reason why necessary information and skills are missing then there it makes no sense to just assume that the MC can just make a car with ease.

Keep in mind everything magical the Mc has made so far has been static/stationary/etc, a magic car requires movement by magic which he has not even started to venture into yet. If he was making golems left and right it would make sense to assume he could make a car, but so far 0 golems.

No, but then you need to balance out and sync up all the motors otherwise you create a new set of problems, which is going to harder then the transmission in most cases. and take up more time and tinkering to do.
    what is the fuel efficiency of those crystals?, how long will one last.

19. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Magic.
    The thing has AI, it will learn, no need to tinkering that.

Just get all you can stuff in that baby.

20. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    not an awnser,
    except if it is an AI, that would be per engine, so 4 AI's per carriage, each trying to prove it is right... Plus that requires that AI is a simple task to create.

By the way, I have studied some things about how the calibrate the sensors and motors in robotics, so I have a good idea about what would be involved, and just throw a generic AI at it is not an answer, because the AI needs to learn how to tell when the wheels are not in alignment and how to get their speeds back in alignment (variable speeds is something 1 transmission 2 wheel drive vehicles do not really have) is something at would take a while to perfect which would occur during the tinkering process you are trying to claim is not needed.
    Don't dodge the question. Unless the power source is self refueling (which in allot of these series they are not by default), there would be a cost and maintain the vehicle, and since all but the lowest end of these crystals tend to be expensive as hell in most settings, the fuel effeciency could easily be a deciding factor.

If if costs 2 gold a month to feed the horse, and 100 to fuel a car, then no one other then the super rich will go with a car.

Nusan likes this.