LCD The Simple Job of Only Perishing to the Hero

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zone Q11, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    NU Link:
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-simple-job-of-only-perishing-to-the-hero/

NU Synopsis:
    Due to the schemes of the mysterious existence “Demon God”, a young man, Nakajima Ryou, was reincarnated in another world as the Demon King Vermudol. However, the place that he had gotten down to was, a Mazoku continent that had grown wild at the height of chaos. If the birth of a new Demon King were to be known by the Humans, there was no doubt that a Hero would come to defeat him before long. In order to change his fate of “Simply Perishing to the Hero”, Demon King Vermudol sets out to quickly unify the continent with his cheat authority!

First Warning. Do not read the following spoiler if you are not up to date.
    Second Warning. It is a wall of text.
    -> I was simply interested because of the plot summary at first.
    -> I got really interested when Vermudol (MC) was nonchalantly and progressively uniting the Dark Continent.
    -> I find it annoying how some characters got a name, only to be never mentioned again. (Like Raynold, who was introduced at Shion's first appearance.) But I am consciously ignoring them for now.
    -> I am heavily disappointed in everything MC did from Chapter 18 up to Chapter 47.

During said time there was:
    -> No major scheming, aside from reviving Gudion who was introduced in the same Chapter as the one where his life story was summed up in.
    While "soothing the citizens' anxiety by killing rampant monsters while disguising as a Human" is a good thing, it is rather not very effective if you can -oh, I don't know- make a new Race that is able to hide from the humans as well as kill the rampant monsters? Unless that is too much to ask for, but considering Chapter 18 said 「It’s not like it’s been forgotten but……It’s because there are a lot of the guys of the new generation.」, I don't think that it should be the case.
    -> Lots of new information about the Shutaia Continent (AKA the other continent). Nothing wrong with that. Just get used to absorbing heaps of information in a short span of a Chapter and everything will be fine. (No sarcasm intended.)
    -> MC made connections with a school. Because why not, and it is actually beneficial for MC and plot with its library for knowledge of the past and stuff.
    ...except for the redundant "popularity attraction" by means of [high fame, low status] (a genius commoner who came out of nowhere) and [beautiful face and high status occupation] (Maid Knight).

Pretty much the only reason why I didn't drop this series is because of the Demon God's monologue at Chapter 48.
    If the author is aware of the lackings of the MC, then there is a possibility that something despair-inducing will develop the MC in the future. ...or at least, I hope so.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    kenar and venu101 like this.
  2. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, his methods are not efficient as he can only be at one place at the time. There are other countries as well. If the populace always conclude that every monster incident is a sign then the nobles would always try to use that to get rid of their opponents. It would be spanish inquisition/Salem witch hunts all over again.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  3. ediav42

ediav42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well focusing on the human country first is for the best as they will be the ones to summon the hero in the end due to following that light goddess and such. I wouldn’t say that MC will despair (he certainly will not die as him and Nino are strong enough that only the strongest of the continent could do anything), but he will certainly be disappointed in humans due to their selfish actions (probably that noble brat who covets Nino). Some of the aquaintances like the inn owner MC stays at may be caught in a crossfire at most, but MC himself will not be hurt and will live just fine.
    It is a bit slow paced for now, but since he is investigating history (the true circumstances of how the war started) that was heavily glorified and the mysterious phenomenon creatures (those bat-people things that attack and call anything, were they call Avel?) it is to be expected that he can’t brute force it or use influence like he used on the demon continent as he is merely a new adventurer with potential for now.

In any case, I intend to read it through until the end.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  4. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    "The previous Demon King failed to achieve his goal, mainly because he did not focus on uniting the citizens of his kingdom." -is what MC himself says. (Chapter forgotten.)
    "If you can't physically hurt the man you hate, do the second best thing you can: Hurt their precious friends and hurt them emotionally and mentally." - How to be an Antagonist 101 (AKA Zone Q11's Common Sense)
    {...and prepare to bring hostages, back-up plans and more in case you are dealing with a mortal god.} - How to Survive as an Antagonist 101 (AKA Zone C7's Common Sense)
    This man (MC) can literally MAKE NEW RACES and his speed of doing so outpaces the speed of old races dying.

What part of "make a new race that can kill bat-winged monsters" and "make a new race that is specialized for gathering information" is hard to understand?
    Here are some examples.

Alva Killers:
    -> Small and fast Majin. (Like a Kamaitachi.)
    -> Upgraded Amoeba. (Slime)
    -> Pseudo-dragons. (Wyverns, mini-dragons or even dinosaurs)
    -> Treant. (They can even look like trees...)

Information Scavengers:
    -> A Majin that looks like a Demi-human. (Their identity might be a problem though, but if they can be granted some form of hypnosis skills, then they ought to be able to survive for a minimum of two weeks. Enough time to check that library that everyone is so interested about.)
    -> Shadow demon. (Ultimate Information Scavenger)
    -> Chameleon Majin. (Third-hand Information Scavenger. They could possibly be noticed by Demi-humans who are sensitive to smell or sound.)
    -> Doppelgänger. (Scariest monster imaginable when you never heard of them. Once they infiltrate a town or city by other means than gates, they are practically socially immortal.)
    -> A spirit that can relay information through any of the six given elements. (Fire and darkness might be tough, but it is still possible.)

5. ediav42

ediav42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps MC may do such moves, but as it stands now, he wants to buy time and avoid war at all cost (you can say he still has some naïveté that will decrease soon), and he cannot reliably count on muscle heads (which most Mazoku are) to show restraint and achieve his goals. If you want something done right, do it yourself. He also probably has a certain desire inside him to mingle with humans that he used to be. He is being a tad sentimental, but he was technically born recently (less than a year or so? they are a little vague on timeline) and so he has room to grow into a demon king like no other.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  6. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    *likes post*
    Best response possible.

7. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm hero might not be an unreasonable asshole like a certain kouki amanagawa or some others I know with enough reason he might not attack and all like the previous guy did . Have you noticed that heros in most games are no different than bandits

8. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, and then there are those that don't do anything and those who knows that they are bandits and keep living on like that.
    The MC in this case is pretty much a naive "innocent bandit".

venu101 likes this.
  9. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably would be like Hibiki in Tsuki ga as she was influenced when people she knows began dying (although they are soldiers). or be manipulated by beautiful princesses and mikos.

Let see,
    in RPG hero do
    Trespassing other people house,
    stealing or looting
    destroying properties
    worst of all killing chickens

definitely bandits.

venu101 and Zone Q11 like this.
  10. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Peaceful by their standard.......Well, at least the plants don't actively fight back....oh wait...

11. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    oh, someone made an lcd for this novel. Nice.

In my opinion, the author use foreshadow too much and there's no proper build up sometimes. It's like something will happen in the future, the author foreshadow it and it'll happen with no explanation/rushed sometimes.

I enjoy reading it, though, I hope it to be better since this is a LN but what I can say if this LN came out in 2013.

12. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    Ikwym

13. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    Waiting for civil war
    Edit: autocorrect typed it to civil water like wtf

Zone Q11 and kenar like this.
  14. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    not to mention the sudden change in ichika's behaviour xD

15. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah. I left this for over a month and I already forgot about it. ...welp. Time to read it again, I guess.

kenar likes this.
  16. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    Well she's been suspicious for a long time.
    I did too some ilustration updates were made as well

Zone Q11 likes this.
  17. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    the translator has been active lately so yeah, have a good reading!

I know but the first banter shown between nino and ichiko is a bit too much for me

Zone Q11 likes this.
  18. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Obviously something is crawling behind the mystery of this human vs demon war.
    kumo desu ga spider have no clue mystery.PNG
    kumo desu ga spider just kidding it's me.PNG
    Must be another problem of the System and the Goddess

Zone Q11 and kenar like this.
  19. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, the story is getting good. Vermudol is going assertive! He's so cool. Where can I sign up to be a majin :aww:

20. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Strange thing, hypocritical and illogical about the demihuman rejection argument is that it is based on supeficial with beastia while IGNORING the fact that Majin look indistinguishable similar to humans.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018