LCD God of Cooking

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Xian Ni, May 2, 2016.

1. Xian Ni

Xian Ni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Link to Novel Updates series page.

I resently started to read God of Cooking and the moment he reincarnated and was giftes with what i call "Appraisal of Cooking" i was fascinated.

Do someonelse read this? And what are your thoughts? I think is has great potencial.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
    AlostGoldenStar26 and Ran ahzu like this.
  2. Llamia

Llamia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read it. Its interesting so far, but I think I'll wait until the grand chef section before I make an opinion.

ElTorroLoco and Narcox like this.
  3. Byb

Byb fucking leftist liberal

Reading List:
    Link
    Meeeeh... the limit of the story is in the power itself.
    Why bother cook when all you have to do is eat good food? And from what i read, i didn't even wanted to taste what he did. the writing seems as flat as his cooking. Cook for the mercenary corp was way more stupid but way better.

4. Aeternelle

Aeternelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I admit the description is rather lacking. For a novel with an obvious play on "MasterChef" it could at least have more prose. I think its just the style of the author, but it makes me want to skip directly to the drama parts and no care about Minjoon.

5. Saint

Saint 圣人

Reading List:
    Link
    The start was a little weird with how quickly the MC wanted to run off to America to compete in a big cooking competition show so soon after he was sent back in time and gained his new powers. The situation with that random New York family he got involved with was kind of strange too.

But once the cooking competition actually got underway, the novel became much better. I look forward to each new chapter now. It's pretty good!

6. Aeternelle

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the beginning was kinda rough. I hoped there could've been more time allowed before the Grand Chef start for him to get used to his new skills and hone a bit more. Now that the competition started, I'm really glad and always eager for the next chapters... They seem so short when read avidly.
    Last bits about the meaning of cooking, technique vs feelings (that's how I understood it) with Chloe's potato stew was nice :) I think the interviews and reflections done by the production team could be even more elaborate and create more plot. I get it as a cooking competition show, but I feel there should be more behind the scenes action too. Like how the judges and the show's opinion about getting higher ratings/more viewers and interest could conflict and stuff.

7. Aeternelle

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 36:
    I think it was a mistake for him to name everything. He should've thought and chewed slowly, figuring out the ingredients on his own before confirming with the system window. That way he could name the ingredients he was sure of then maybe fill out 13-15/20 ingredients not to make it too suspicious. Naming all of them right, isn't that a fake God's Tongue ? I wonder why he didn't unveil the hidden ingredients sooner. He would've learned many recipes, I didn't even know he could uncheck "Too many ingredients to know".

8. Amphidsf

Amphidsf Realm Razor

Reading List:
    Link
    Rip Marco. That was SAVAGE.

9. Saint

Saint 圣人

Reading List:
    Link
    God of Cooking is just getting better and better.
    This latest chapter (52), really shows that.

10. leedalys

leedalys Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just hope the novel will not end at the end of the TV show. And maybe it will be good if he can join a good restaurant (with michelin stars obviously), even better if he stay in the US and does not return to Korea. Cause you know... Kaya don't speak Korean... (and no bullshit like she actually learn it in few months). And if the waifu stay in the US the hausband must stay with her :D

11. Faust

Faust NUF Silent Ninham

Reading List:
    Link
    site down again or is it just me ??

12. CloudySkySadMoon

CloudySkySadMoon Bald and Beautiful

Reading List:
    Link
    End of 65: Me -----> (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

13. GateOfD

GateOfD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its kind of annoying how the author makes him go to america to make it seem like a bigger stage.
    but everyone acts korean and is readily familiar with korean dishes using obviously phrases that aren't used. "I ate well" as a judging comment, I assume that's used in korean cooking shows since he drops that alot. And even threw in some korean honorifics naturally in the beginning when they never know of it.
    Just glad the author got off his overuse of the word "aroma" since he was dropping it in every line, always was gonna make a drinking game of when the word would pop up.

Grasshopper152 and Setra like this.
  14. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    has the romance started yet?

15. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is very bad.

....for my diet. Everything is so good and tasty :cry:

Ran ahzu and Novela like this.
  16. Setra

Setra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm curious, how many chapters left until this arc finished?

17. Stark3

Stark3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, RAWs for Korean stuff are harder to come by than their Chinese counterparts. I don't think a lot of people aside from the translators would have a copy and have an informed opinion.

18. Amphidsf

Amphidsf Realm Razor

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh that "Get Down" reaction. So like the typical movie soldier jumping on a grenade.

19. Faust

Faust NUF Silent Ninham

Reading List:
    Link
    kaya = sakura in shippuden ??
    chloe = hinata ??
    minjoon = narubrick ??

20. Aeternelle

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh, please let it be Chloe ! Seriously, Kaya to Minjoon is just what a little sister could be. He admired her skills in his original timeline. I don't want romance to spawn, camaderie yes. Poor Chloe :( (Although, I'll settle on an Chloe+Anderson pairing, as long as she doesn't end up alone. Or if she is; at least get some more backbone and independant vibe !!)

Anyways, when is the military misunderstanding going to clear up with Kaya ?

What kind of mission is going to be last ?

Is Kaya vs Minjoon as finalists too predictable ?