LCD Sevens (LN)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno if this thread will last, but might as have a place to express my thoughts

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/sevens-ln/

Synopsis:
    Lyle Walt is a young noble boy and heir looking forward to the day he can inherit his family’s territory. Except around when he was 10 year old, his parents started neglecting him more and more in favour of his little sister, Celes.

On his fifteenth birthday, he is challenged to a duel by his sister to see who will inherit the household and horribly loses, being cast out of his family. Afterwards, he gets treated by the family groundskeepers and receives the family heirloom Gem from him that Lyle’s grandfather had entrusted to him. From there, he begins an aimless journey with his childhood friend and former fiancée, Novem, and the Gem-turned-Jewel that houses the memories, personalities, and Skills of seven of his ancestors.

Man, when the WN was completed, I tried getting someone to pick up the LN so the story wouldn't end. And now, almost 10 months later, bakapervert picked it up. :blobhero::cookie:

Volume 1 was interesting. A lot of unnecessary details were made more concise and certain characters were given more depth such as the feudal lord or Aria's father who wasn't even on scene in the WN. The new character Sophia sounds like she'll be fun. An axe-swinging maniac perhaps. The ancestors personality was also more clear; the 5th in particular with his "I don't give a damn" kind of attitude.

Aria's introduction was a mixed bag for me. While it is nice that she isn't basically being forced into a party of people she doesn't know (which is how the WN does it), I hope it doesn't mess with the formula of their relationship too much (since she'll probably have less angst over the whole arrangement). For the most part, I consider it a positive change. The reasoning behind why Aria's gem's refused to work for her was also a nice addition.

Here's hoping bakapervert doesn't drop this :blobhero::blobokhand:. I'd be sad :blobsob::notlikeblob:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    Claus, Robofs740 and juniorjawz like this.
  2. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With the power of a mod :blobhero:
    Make it possible~

3. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    abuse of power :sweating_profusely: I'm always on thin ice.

AMissingLinguist and juniorjawz like this.
  4. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    R.I.P. Lyle
    The LN will probably fill the other unknown harem members that the WN never told about which just increases his sleepless nights(in fear and/or stress)or,actually visit that one particular dungeon that in the WN they didn't actually explore

AMissingLinguist and Claus like this.
  5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    dood you cheater lel
    maybe they add new one who know
    MR Lyle I mean Emperor Lyle have many wive after all

you mean Octo? yeah they forget her cuz as stated on WN 100th floor mean kinda pick fighting with a country level and not really required to beat Celes beside mystery around ancient civilization and mystery about da goddess

6. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was like 28 or something. ~20 were shown, so maybe 8 or more new ones?

7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    on wn 25
    Epilogue

Claus likes this.
  8. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Won't be long for Mr. Lyle to take the stage.

Claus likes this.
  9. Sheynox

Sheynox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, seems I'm off to read the entire WN again, Mr. Lyle is too funny to wait up. D:

Claus likes this.
  10. Alexios Blake

Alexios Blake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well one new wife candidate has already appeared.

Claus likes this.
  11. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    ...couldn't be any more clear that zappa is lying. and that he's a moron. and he's taking up plot time, thus preventing Mr. Lyle
    he should burn.

12. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a LN being translated? I actually liked the beginning of Sevens, so hearing how it was changed is a turn off.

Does it follow the same story as the WN? Wasn't a fan of the third half of the novel (Everything from just before Lyle going to save that queen), so if it goes a completely different direction I might give it a shot later.

13. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    so far v2 is mostly LN-exclusive (as in, it changes greatly from the WN)
    new character, more focus on lyle's sucking at human interaction.
    I wouldn't say it was changed completely, so far the main difference is the new character sophia, and that aria is less...angsty about being forced to team up with Lyle cause they're not complete strangers beforehand. Not enough has happened to indicate any major change in character development.
    The base story is probably the same, the characters will probably be better introduced and certain side plots expanded or removed.
    I don't know any spoilers, so I can't really tell you anything about the third part, especially since the latest volume of the LN hasn't even gotten there. I think LN is probably around the arc with
    him facing his sis for the first time and having to retreat to beim

Claus likes this.
  14. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually liked how Lyle and Aria met. It was awkward and Lyle not noticing he was being mean to her right away allowed him to later grow as a person. And how they later fight again and Lyle seeing how she was one of the few girls staying around purely his sake was great.

15. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked that part too man. Aria was basically my favorite character from the WN, other than book girl. From what I am seeing, I can see Aria getting frustrated with her own inabilities (she's too eager to show her worth) and Lyle (sucking at human interactions) is probably gonna set her off. At least I hope that happens >.>

16. Thousandswords

Thousandswords SWORD OF PENETRATION

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... this inspired me to read the web novel again ..

17. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    ok...fuck dale. fuck zappa.
    Aria getting pissed off was fun, trying to hide that rage from Lyle.
    Part of me thinks she's not just pissed off cause she's in pain. She said "read the mood". She's upset they busted in while she was with Lyle :hmm:

>_> if it was Mr. Lyle, he'd have done a princess carry.

Claus likes this.
  18. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    I want Zappa and Dale to be dealt with already. there's like 4-5 more chapters left in the volume.

At least we got to see 5th's obsession with fluffy things.

19. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Reducing the importance of rondo, Rachel and the crew in exchange for highlighting the teamwork in Lyle's crew (aria and Sophia) as well as awakening their arts...
    Well not like Rachel and the bunch had much importance to begin with other than fueling hatred for celes.
    Worthwhile exchange.
    Fight with orc is less haphazard.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Claus likes this.
  20. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh, making it a surprise that Lyle gaining the third stage would result in an ancestor leaving.
    Makes more sense then them being already aware of it. Plus having Lyle call it out rather than having it taught to him was cooler. Also the second acting all tsun cause his Oyaji is leaving. Another aspect of the novel I liked was how we got to see all of the ancestor's lives and fixed some of the issues between parent and child.

Welp, he should go through growth in the next chapter. Mr. Lyle will finally take the stage.

Claus likes this.