LCD I Alone Level-Up

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jan 14, 2019.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Link https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-alone-level-up

C10: Why do Korean MC's never put points into anything other than Strength? And why don't their authors ever punish them for this unspeakably stupid decision?

C12: So, basically, what he learned was to be a super generic, loner protagonist, AKA: the least interesting/original kind in existence.

And why, exactly, does he feel "nimble" or "agile" when he has completely and utterly ignored Agility?

C15: I think I'd drink it immediately. 20% is more than enough to be life saving, and 35 points, while significant, wouldn't actually hurt him much considering all his recent levels, the quality of his new dagger, and how easy it is for him to earn stat points.

C25: Seriously? If it blocked the debuff, then it should also have blocked the buff as they were inherently linked. Wtf would have been wrong with actually paying for such a strong buff anyway?

C29: He really should have contacted them already, especially the healer.

C31: I knew the HSD hunter would probably die, but I wasn't expecting him to try to murder everyone. I wonder if the MC will get any xp from this.

C32: Why does he treat his skills like last resorts? Any one of them would make this fight trivial, and he almost certainly needs to use them in order to level them.

C33: He really should try to teach himself the skill before wasting the stone. It's worth an absolute fortune after all.

C41: Shouldn't their building be worth a lot more than 50 billion? It's home to a large guild ranked in the top five of the nation.l, while the other is much smaller and currently vacant but is still worth 30 billion.

C46: That's not the way someone who wants Assassin fights...

C48: So, with his skill, he nkw has a 95% damage reduction. One more decent item and he'll be immune to physical damage while the skill is active. That's kinda boring.

C51: I assumed he'd get stuck with a mage class since he's been ignoring Intelligence, even though it makes no sense at all in universe.

C64: Are they stupid, or did they somehow manage to miss what happened to the A ranker? It should be pretty obvious why he was upset acter trying to do the same thing to the boss.

That aside, he should have grabbed a few archers. Mages being the only ranged units isn't a good thing.

C65: Why would his party need anyone besides himself? She's not a healer is she? That's about the only class that might be useful to him, assuming that his undead can't include them.

C92: I wonder how long it will be until someone asks him to deal with the ants.

I hope he's not still planning to sell the marble now that his strongest minion is a mage.

2. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay!

:blob_grin::blobnosebleed::aww::blobparty::blobparty::blobhero::blob_pompom::blobhighfive::blob_pompom:

userunfriendly likes this.
  3. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    If the translator mass releases the rest of the chapters this thread might lose most of its purpose~

4. rwnrmdn

rwnrmdn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pardon me...it is just like i remember a memory from my childhood when i coming home from school, get my self a lunch and out of nowhere my mother just start rambling how the price of the household commodity is rising up, how one of the house lady in the neighbourhood is boasting about some home appliance she had just bought, and about random cat that happened to steal my mother fish this morning...

I'm sorry, i dont read the novel you read. But your thread just made my reminiscing of my childhood...

kingleo8 likes this.
  5. SummerMascot

SummerMascot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope you're not reading the MTL.
    BTW, the manhwa adaptation is way cooler than the Novel.

6. Arca

Arca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How is the translation quality?

7. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do KR MCs always get some summoner/ necromancer class?

Why is putting all ur points into strength unspeakably stupid? As for the MC's most stupid decision, it was prolly the one where he voted to enter the double dungeon.

I would give up a limb to read about a true loner protagonist. Besides, the title kinda alludes to this.

8. SummerMascot

SummerMascot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    KR authors need to cater to the KR chuunibyous population who thinks Necros and Summoners (cough Lost Ark) are cool.
    The scanlated manhwa is more fun than reading the MTL'ed Novel -> https://merakiscans.com/details/solo-leveling

9. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
  10. otaku31

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel ch 63 = manhwa ch 53. The novel is ahead.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Cosmic_ likes this.
  11. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This was before he got any real weapon or decided which direction he wanted to go, right? Spamming strenght isnt too bad in that situation.
    Havent read the early chapters of the novel, but isnt this after he's just spent a hella lot of time doing basic fitness training (to the extreme)? That's why.
    Again, havent read this in the novel, and can't really remember from the manwha, but, since he spammed strenght, he's got very low mana, so he can't really use skills a whole lot (Talking about not punishing for spamming strenght).
    It doesnt stack that way, as far as i remember.
    They don't know how his skill works. They just saw a ghost come out of the a ranker. They wouldnt know it had a chance to fail.
    Archers prolly wouldnt be as good with the way his skill works. The mage are good cuz obviously magic, the soldiers are ''good'' cuz they can regenerate instantly and infinitlely (to a limit), making them a great frontline. An archer would only be able to do a very basic physical(?) attack if you assume they can't use skills or magic. Not really amazing.

It's pretty good, actually.

12. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a story, short one, basically everyone has disappeared apart from the 1 person, who was following rail tracks (the only thing I remember) to find another person in the world. I don’t remember if s/he has found another person.

otaku31 likes this.
  13. borsalino kizaru

borsalino kizaru Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    these guys are finding it to be the mtl translation .... well, it is not, the translation is actually very good indeed, I hope it will quickly release the rest of the chapters ...

14. rav1980

rav1980 Random Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah this needs to be read. I just started BTTH over again when I found this being translated.

15. otaku31

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. That got me a bit interested; if you ever recall the name, plz let me know.

Tbh, I was looking more along the lines of novels/manga set in cultivation/ game-like worlds where the MC can become (eventually) OP. And loner by choice rather than circumstances. No VR or harem. An action/ adventure type novel, I guess??

16. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    Anime (probably manga) Golgo 13 - he is a hitman, I think he was working by himself... well it’s probably not what you want, but I’ll keep my eyes open

Oh anime, Area 88, well he is not “physically alone”, but sort of alone, airplane pilot. Actually that anime is rather good

otaku31 likes this.
  17. otaku31

Reading List:
    Link
    I looked up Golgo 13 manga. It's defntly worth giving a shot. (y)

Will check out Area 88 (anime) later.

Thanks again. :)

18. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because it doesn't matter how hard you hit if you can't land the blow or survive the counterattack, especially if you're planning to insist on soloing everything. Unfortunately, most authors that have their MC's put everything into Strength completely ignore this and make their MCs dodging gods, even when they don't have the stats or skills to support such a thing. Thankfully, this wasn't really the case in this series.

19. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because you need to be able to damage the thing. and he does not know what every stat does yet, as you can see by how he quickly goes to everything other then INT, then balance all stats once he has a use for INT.
    Though isn't the gamer a korean MS who puts everything in INT.
    and that was motivated by desperation, he knew it was a bad idea, but could not justify saying no.
    But he is not a true loner, or more precisely he is a loner by necessity of paying the bills, and still close to his family.
    Habits are hard to break, or create. He is use to not having skills.
    They do not understand everything that is going on, and there is alot going on.
    Laws, and regulations. That is pretty much it. Also, they do not realize just how strong he is, yet.
    Not long,
    Shortly after he heals his mother, lake later that day. He turns it down to be with her, and so she does not worry since his father "died" in a gate. Only gets involved when things go to hell, beyond the backstabbing the japanese planned, man you can tell how little the Koreans like the Japanese in stories like this.

otaku31 likes this.
  20. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its just like here. the MC starts by dumping into melee class stats, then after thinking of a good path to go in changes to magic and int