LCD My house of Horrors

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Ripple, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Ripple

Ripple Notice me Daisydacrazy senpa

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been reading it lately. I love how The protagonist helps everyone with his threats and his fearsome and bloody hammer. Scares both man and ghosts alike
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-house-of-horrors/
    Description
    The hearse with the weird odor slowed to a stop before the entrance. The sound of pebbles could be heard bouncing on the ceiling. There were footsteps coming from the corridor, and there seemed to be someone sawing next door. The door knob to the room rattled slightly, and the faucet in the bathroom kept dripping even though it had been screwed shut. There was a rubber ball that rolled on its own underneath the bed. Wet footsteps started to surface one after another on the floor.

At 3 am, Chen Ge held a cleaver in his hand as he hid beside the room heater. The call he was trying to make was finally answered. “Landlord, is this what you meant by ‘the house can be a little crowded at night’‽”

kkgoh, rhianirory and RottenApple like this.
  2. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    Strange how there was a spoiler thread but no LCD before this...
    Anyways:
    Chen Ge's hammer has officially reached new levels of creepiness.

3. All mighty Asian

All mighty Asian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love this novel

4. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    As of now, the comic strip trio are my fav ghosts. Such troller and scammers XD

5. Seraphim

Seraphim 天使の王

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get how a theme park could lose costumers this much and be even threatened by a futuristic theme park. No matter how futuristic it is, if it isn't a full VR dive, then it would still lose to the fun of roller coasters and other heart-stopping rides. Plus I think kids (or toddlers) would still appreciate things like the carousel or bump cars more. The situation would only happen if they have shit rides, but from the looks of it, with how the manager is pouring all his savings, the rides in the park shouldn't be shabby in the least.

6. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    If Disney exist in this universe, they are probably dominating the theme park field which may be why random theme parks like this are closing down. This happened in my country too (or maybe the theme was just too old).

7. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    because the local people don't go to theme parks unless its a special occasion.
    most theme parks do not rely on the locals to survive, but tourists and MC's theme park is already a run down theme park from the start who only draws the local crowd who visits every once in a while.

once the new one opens, people will go there for a bit of time and theme parks cost a lot of money to run. a few months of 0 visitors could cause them to close down

8. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have seen theme parks die. The foot traffic just could not sustain the business anymore.

My brother is also involved in the theme park business. Some of them bleed big bucks, and are only hanging on because they are under the umbrella of major corporations.

People do grow up and out of the original theme parks. Unless they revitalize themselves, it will be hard for them to compete against modern, attractive and flavour-of-the-day newcomers.

Just like a haunted house too :)

rhianirory likes this.
  9. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the summery was a excerpt from the novel before i started to read but it never happened in the story so i guess not. too bad, would have been fun to read.
    not much cleaver action once past the first scenario either; he's been using that gruesome Hammer of Doom for forever now and i don't see him changing any time soon, especially since it seems to upgrade on its own.

10. RottenApple

RottenApple Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I loved this novel

11. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i never read it until now..and you're right. the summary doesn't seem to be from the story at all LOL

Edit: it's because its an "original" summary

this is the original summary that i google translated from qidian

TheBornLoser and rhianirory like this.
  12. Seraphim

Seraphim 天使の王

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is more in-line with that, his hammer would only do impact damage as the cleaver would do slash damage. The hammer can knock out while the cleaver can dismember... And since he is chummy with the law enforcement and not really someone in the shadows, he can't really just hack anyone to death now can he? He can however smash them until they faint or disable them in some way. Even that is at some point, prohibited by the law enforcement as even they would have a hard time defending him if news gets out.

Edit: I now remember that I saw this one in NU before but I wasn't interested because of the summary. Just stumbled upon it on QI and just remembered it now when I reread the summary here in NU. XD

They should really change that summary in the NU Page. I mean, where did that come from in the first place? Was the story initially something different and then the author changed it? Or the one who edited the summary there just pulled something out of his/her ass? O_O

Haiku575 and rhianirory like this.
  13. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the translator or editor wrote it and put it up on WN
    since it is a qidian novel and it is up on WN = official translation+publisher and NU doesn't want to use qidian/author's summary, but instead would rather use translator's/WN's summary

14. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    v2-77c401fd7fd181a0322d85dfdcb65d1e_hd.jpg v2-f5a1ad77f7c1c2d5854410bc6c9ed840_hd.jpg v2-35c5f3f5f895033c9a1e7125fe6fb755_hd.jpg v2-15410a27187dc290510bd9c9f1aa0ae9_hd.jpg v2-2c28f5e9ac4d99c9d96ec8ca3c749761_hd.jpg v2-fca78ed0e263cb0f05cffe66f379e3d4_hd.jpg v2-0183ceef1697fe3125636eadd2f2cb59_hd.jpg v2-3e2b64a8ea9b4d6a703c747980bf17c1_r.jpg

The printed books with accompanying extras.

5th picture should be of Zhang Ya when she was alive and a ballerina.

adan2294, SayMrrp and Ophious like this.
  15. Seraphim

Seraphim 天使の王

Reading List:
    Link
    I checked the status and it said "709 Chapters (Removed)" What does this mean? O_O

16. Cfourify

Cfourify Undercover FBI agent

Reading List:
    Link
    Horror has been banned in china. So F

BeardyRABBIT likes this.
  17. Cfourify

Cfourify Undercover FBI agent

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't know how but it's back up again.

18. Seraphim

Seraphim 天使の王

Reading List:
    Link
    I read in webnoveldotcom's page for this novel's reviews that the author changed the name to My House of Adventures. At the same time, various things such as blood, gore, ghosts and supernaturals are to be toned down. How true are these rumors?

19. Daken

Daken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really want to see Feng Bujue going into the haunted house

20. SayMrrp

SayMrrp 抱抱爆爆宝宝

Reading List:
    Link
    Really want to read the novel, but I'm scared it might be too scary for me, someone who doesn't take the horror genre very well. *sigh*

What's the scariest thing that's happened so far in your opinion? Ah, this shouldn't count as a spoiler for other people, since this is LCD, and I don't mind.