LCD Second Life Ranker

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by oblueknighto, Apr 18, 2019.

1. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/second-life-ranker/

Description:
    Yeon-woo had a twin brother who disappeared five years ago. One day, a pocket watch left by his brother returned to his possession. Inside, he found a hidden diary in which was recorded “By the time you hear this, I guess I will be already dead….”

Obelisk, the Tower of the Sun God, a world where several universes and dimensions intersect. In this world, his brother had fallen victim to betrayal while climbing up the tower. After learning the truth, Yeon-woo decided to climb the tower along with his brother’s diary.

“From now on, I am Jeong-woo Cha.”

Just gotta say though. He’s calling himself the bob ross of killing scarecrows.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  2. joyfan

joyfan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    looks interesting! gonna give it a try!

3. Nisaea

Nisaea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, editor here
    Just wanted to say that the Bob Ross comment killed me

Also, now we know that MC doesn't even consider Yul as a living creature.

4. Madam Orange

Madam Orange New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It does have an intresting concept

5. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/second-life-ranker/

[​IMG]

This has been pretty good so far. It's reminiscent of The World after the Fall as the initial story arc is a tutorial held in a Tower of Death setting. The Tutorial Is Too Hard also comes to mind as this MC finds doing painful physical grinding for self improvement and choosing the difficult path are the obvious choices.

The translations is good and very readable. The author's writing style flows decently and the MC's actions are reasonable. The OP gimmick is how the MC's dead brother's diary (hidden in the pocket watch that the MC in the above image is holding) was so uncannily detailed along with how the MC could remember it all without referring back to it.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  6. CripplingDepression

CripplingDepression 『Professional Loli Appraiser』

Reading List:
    Link
    So many daggers tho...

Also I got the urge to drink blood and eat raw hearts :blobnom:

Why don't you volunteer...? I mean *ahem*, donate? :blobhero::blobcat_knife:

7. qwerty1

qwerty1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What the hell is wrong with you? A human heart? You savage!
    I only eat the hearts of Bats and Bugs! Hearts of the highest quality!
    You, good sir, have no taste!

elengee likes this.
  8. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ...if the dude in "righteous" clan decides to do shit to MC, it means that the dude is just another arrogant self righteous prick... too quick to judge but this is the feeling while I read the dialogue. "Looking down at the clan", this idiot even tried to recruit betrayers cum backstabbing bastards into the clan... though from experience, the clan itself might already long derailed from its original purpose...

Kinda hope that MC gets his younger brother's skills while topping up on his own. I am hoping MC to be more of a magic warrior maining assassin than his younger bro's assumed magician status. I am more in favour of knife meets flesh than magic missile bombardment, but that is my taste. It is more of a shame that we did not get a glimpse on younger bro stats before he died.

Also, I want to hear reasons on why the people betrayed the young bro, any sad past or inevitable shit, before MC kills them off, because I sure as shit will not forgive the fuckers for whatever reasons they have. And remember to loot the bodies for knowledge and loot.

9. eulerman

eulerman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel starts with the betrayed brother remains from clans drama, so we can pretty much take all the clans being shit almost for granted. I just hope the MC stops pulling daggers out of his ass and that moment forgetting Draconic Eyes being just one time only, instead of the author padding chapters strategy.

10. Nisaea

Nisaea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was said that they only recruit spotless individuals even though they themselves aren't such. So yea, a bunch of hypocrites.

11. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, he is pulling a vampire dagger the shape of a sphere (?) with fangs from his left from now on.

12. eulerman

Reading List:
    Link
    At least now there is going to be a reason for the never ending thorns(?)

13. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I am completely missing that reference by miles

14. dio444

dio444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers ???

15. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    An ability to steal abilities from others. Yep, novel went down a few levels for me in quality. It's a overly used cheat ability that's close to being common in most stories. I was originally hoping only the sword itself was going to improve with kills to at least make it interesting, but that didn't happen.

I still like the novel though. Only has the one strike against it so it can still turn out good.

And in the forums people are talking about how he found out about the sword and why no one has taken it before. Don't have a login, so I'll answer. In a earlier chapter this was said.

"His brother had chosen the second easiest door.

Section A had already been too hard, therefore he and his teammates decided to choose a relatively easier door in order to take a breather.

But after a long time, when was already somewhat settled in The Tower and learned about the secrets of the tutorial, he regretted the choice he had made in Section B."

It doesn't mention his comrades knowing about it, so you can conclude he never told them.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  16. Nisaea

Nisaea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, noticed a mistake there, was missing a "he". Thanks for quoting that xD

Also, people seem to underestimate his brother's psychometric ability.
    Being able to communicate with everything around him means he can easily gather a lot of information that's being kept secret. Like in xianxia novels when sect elders reverse space/time to find out who killed their juniors or something like that.

Overclock likes this.
  17. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ...i wonder whether MC will join a clan... hope not. Apparently the energy drain/ skill steal is an existing skill while not common. I wonder if 2 skill stealers starts to steal stats and skills from one another...
    So the brother is a selfish guy too, how shocking (sarcasm). Frankly, I expect most people to have their selfish agendas like what you have in RL.

And with skill/ stats stealer in the place where one can trade said stats for items and skills, it is a kinda loose thing I suppose. And as usual, "can the person still use the basics of the said stolen skill" question surfaces in my mind... yes if muscle memory, no if the person completely never tried to learn the skill manually.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  18. eulerman

Reading List:
    Link
    The Unlimited Knife Works saga continues. I didn't think it the new skill was devour. I hope the MC circunstances make that OP skill balanced for the story.

Also @Nisaea , one of this is the wrong spelling, wich is it?

Nisaea likes this.
  19. Nisaea

Nisaea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh thanks, second one is correct.

20. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a hidden gem, like a fusion of various other novels. Totally lacks originality but it's better to read a good imitation than a poor original story.
    So far I'd say Reincarnator meets This tutorial is too hard and some various others.

NamGi likes this.