LCD Breakthrough with the Forbidden Master

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Sads, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Breakthrough with the Forbidden Master – So what if the Hero’s son is the Demon King’s disciple~
    [​IMG]

Kindan shitei de bureikusurū ~ yūsha no musuko ga maō no deshi de nani ga warui ~

Author: Brother Aneki (アニッキーブラッザー)

Source: 禁断師弟でブレイクスルー~勇者の息子が魔王の弟子で何が悪い~

Synopsis:
    “Compared to our time, the current generation just aren’t as reliable” they said, “Still, isn’t he the son of the Hero?” How annoying. It’s been over ten years since the battle between mankind and the demons ended. The children of the heroes who saved the world are all grown up. One of them, Earth, was a talented man, and everyone expected him to succeed his father as a warrior and defend his country, but Earth was always wary of his father’s title. One day, Earth is shocked to find his father’s sword, which was used to overthrow the Demon King, sealed in his family’s mansion. Because trapped within was the ghost of the Great Demon King who was unable to pass on and continued to roam the world. For some reason, only he could see the spirit of the Demon King, and the Demon King possessed him through the sword. Every day, forced to coexist with the spirit of the Demon King, they live a strange shared life, when the Demon King whispers to Earth on a whim. “I have a grudge against your father. If you want to get back at your father and the world, I’ll train you. I’m free.” Earth receives special personal guidance from the Demon King just to get back at his parents and the world. Then, in the coming days. The hero’s parents, the heroes of the past, the first love, the princess childhood friend, the geniuses of the era, and the world will tremble.

Tags:
    R15, Possession, Depictions of Cruelty, War Records, Male Protagonist, Demon King, 2nd Generation, Ghost, Tutor, Friendship, Hero, Unrequited love, Accelerated Growth,

2. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly feel like I got real lucky on my first try with this one. When I was considering a web novel for my first translation project it was between this and an otome Villainess story that seemed interesting. Glad this was my first cause I'm enjoying the story.
    Overall it's more of a coming of age tale than the usual overpowered MC beating up everyone you usually come across. Not to say it won't end up going there. So far it focuses on the relationship the main character has with the other cast and how he was drowning under the weight of everyone's expectations of him. But then then an unexpected factor shows him its okay to forge your own path than live up to the wants of others. I have a good feeling about this one.

FunSmiles, Peerly, mir and 3 others like this.
  3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *thanks TL for picking up this promising novel*

NU link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/breakthrough-with-the-forbidden-master/

The only JP novel I am reading at the moment. I like how the MC acts his age; his reactions -to his environment, to expectations placed on him, to his own upbringing- all feel genuine. The author has actually managed to create a credible, relatable protag. It's hilarious how the preachy, perfect tsundere princess is seen as annoying- as most tsundere characters would be IRL. MC is petty and inward-focused, and all the more human for it. Impure motives FTW! :blobhero::blobnosebleed:

Hoping that the MC chooses his own path; all this son of the hero business is, frankly, off-putting.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    Wujigege and Sads like this.
  4. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    The demon king kinda looks like Jon Bowie

5. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My chapter impressions so far...
    Focuses on the MC's internal thoughts about his situation. Being the son of the hero that saved the world everyone expects him to follow suit or even surpass his father. We see a bit about the world and him plight. A tad melodramatic but we are talking about 15 year old.

We meet Princess Phianse. Up front, over never been a fan of the Tsundere trope and hers takes the cake. She obviously likes the guy but does she have to belittle him just to keep other suitors away?

Here's the Hero himself. He's supposed to be likable in everyone's eyes but the way he teases Earth for away losing to the princess and never bothering to help train him dies make him come off at least negligent or at most an arse. He might have a busy job but if you're son asks for help give him an hour at the weekend at least.

OK. I love Sadiz. She has a playfully sadistic outlook, probably due to her past, but cares deeply for the guy. And he's head over heels for her. I ship it.

Enter the Great Demon King, Tre'ainer. I made some choices with his speech patterns I really hope everyone is fine with. I picture him taking like Severus Snape, all full of himself and sure of his superiority.

This chapter served to show where everyone stands in this new coop relationship. Earth needed to put his foot down early and he did. The ending was hilarious.

Okay, do people not praise this kid at all. This makes it look like it's the first time anyone pointed out he was good at something. Or maybe it's that he was better the daddy. A bit into how magic is gained in this world, definitely be more of these.

The Demon King finally sees the outside world after 15 years. Probably meant to focus on the melancholy of his situation and we see his feeling on the heroes and his defeat. Who else caught the Fate reference at the end?

The Demon King goes to school, and finds it wanting. History is written by the Victor, so no surprise what's being taught grates him the wrong way. And it seems some thing are being kept secret. Power up foreshadowing maybe?

More from the princess but I'm kinda annoyed Earth doesn't realize what's happening here. I'm not rooting for the relationship at all but he should know how she feel if only to reject her properly. Even the Demon King had a few words about it.

So this is what you are busy doing Hiro. I'm sure he's a busy man but sacrifice one of these get together sand spend time with your son already. He'll obviously regret not doing that soon.

I truly believe you can't have a meaningful relationship of you don't have at least one fight. This was their first quarrel and it led to the establishment of their Master/Disciple relationship. Training arc soon.

I'll admit. The author had me going. I expect him to ask Sadiz or as a reward but second base? Didn't think he had the guts. It's better to show he's really into her and not just some puppy love affair. This probably did it.

FunSmiles, otaku31 and Dragiathan like this.
  6. Dragiathan

Dragiathan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for translating this novel, luckily found ur thread in latest topics , I will read it right away!

7. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've already read the raw, and damn, it made me feel like crying. It's so fuck'en great!
    The foreshadowing of a disaster was already there if you read a lot of anti-hero or villain protagonist stories. Especially when he won against the duel of his arrogant friends, and was rejected by his love interest. That scene was heart wrenching for those who have been forced up high on the pedestal, because of damned comparisons and expectations! Even when he confronted ninjas in the wild, and made his first best friend with an retired ogre. There's also the arc where he was able to see what a hero symbolizes, and alongside the political influence it exerts over the social status in the country. The poor and rich, the innocent and sinful. I think I stopped at the recruitment by the former demon king's general arc. I can't wait for him to become the strongest, stronger than his father the hero. A world where humans and demons are at peace. Indeed, he will definitely become a demon king in my view. The disciple has to surpass his master, yeah?

FunSmiles, Peerly, Korleone and 2 others like this.
  8. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 13 just dropped. Training Aaaaaaarc Begins. Unfortunately...
    Not a great start. Imagine going 100% effort your whole life only to find out you've been doing it wrong. Well he'll be guided on the right path now but the Demon King doesn't intend to pull his punches either.

RagnMunkeez likes this.
  9. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 14 is hilarious. I get Earth promised he'd take the training seriously but to be fair, anybody would laugh if he saw the Demon King, nemesis of mankind and inspirer of nightmares, playing Hopscotch like a kindergartener. Well so long as they were sure he couldn't harm them anyway.

otaku31 likes this.
  10. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    The latest chapter was pretty hilarious

11. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FunSmiles, Korleone and otaku31 like this.
  12. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Love the story, don't appreciate the sexy maid outfit

13. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, they really do love their sexy maids!

14. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New Chapter out & training is still on track.
    But the chapter mostly sheds a light on Earth's home life and how Sadiz is basically the one who raised him. Finally a mention of his mom and what she's up to. But yeah Earth really is Sadiz's Little Man.

otaku31 likes this.
  15. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    I knew that Sadiz was reliable before but it really shines in this chapter. Earth came off as a somewhat talented hard-working student before but lately he's been acting like a disappointing guy really

Sads likes this.
  16. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 16. Now the training gets to the good parts. This chapter is that portion of any Kung-fu movie. Where the young upstart is convinced he's da shit so the master has to show him he ain't shit. As the title says, we see a glimpse of what Tre'ainar was capable of in his day. And Earth realizes he's lucky the guy can't touch him.

Peerly and otaku31 like this.
  17. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    No using the spoiler button this time?

18. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not much to spoil!

19. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Tre'ainar is so bae

Sads likes this.
  20. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This was a somber chapter with Earth realizing his place. I like how it not only legitimizes Tre'ainar in his eyes but his dad as well. For as much as the author wants to portray the man as a negligent father, he was legit as a hero.

Peerly likes this.