LCD Reader

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by oblueknighto, Jan 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/reader/

Description: While reading a book, a sparkle of light disappeared. And, as it did, a message appeared.
    [Wisdom increased by 1]

It's a slow-paced story about a guy who plays a VRMMORPG just to read books. Then somehow gets hooked into doing all kinds of actual questing, collecting, grinding all in order to read more books in the game. Of course, he's also OP as hell.

So from what I've read up to (chapter 32) it's mostly about him reading, so it's literally about him being a Reader. Now in chapter 32 we get delivered another possibility. His from Yeon Jung made a guild called Reader so now the title could also allude to the guild name.

Honestly, his friend probably named it after him so it's still all about him.

Senhor Verdejante and enkiros like this.
  2. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Idiots like moths to a flame, trying to pk a mage with over 1k wisdom lol

3. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    If they did it outside the city and just fired an arrow at him I think they'd succeed. Or they could find any other way of assassinating him. He has so little HP right now so if any lvl 100+ archer or assassin just used a strong skill on him he'd probably die in one hit (like his friend said)

Unfortunately for them, he's probably not going to leave the library for another 6 months. They're just wasting their time. By the time he actually decides to go outside he'll probably have grinding up those stat quests and have uber stats.

4. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've waited for this for a long time, finally it's picked up and a good release pace too, Obasama shall not have to grow mushrooms anymore.

5. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    I know right. Now I just grow mushrooms for ID and Game Market while enjoying this.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    LaDyViL likes this.
  6. frenzy85

frenzy85 Not Well-Known Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    Setup so far has been pretty cool... but the story is showing symptoms of annoying cliches. Here's hoping it goes on an upward trend nonetheless! :blobphone:

7. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah i have waited a long time for someone to pick this up and the release rate is also very good:LOL:

8. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too. Go, Pavian!!

9. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Too bad mc chose fire. Yey, obsessive fire mage

10. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    "JUNIOR, YOU DARE?"
    Got to say, my immersion broke for a moment with a wtf moment as I didn't expect a KR novel to have a CN cliche

11. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Idiot was trying to kill his treasure and he is indeed a senior

12. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm too lazy to fetch the raw for that. Would love to see what it was originally. Pavian sounded so...politely furious :blobsweat_2:

canaria23 likes this.
  13. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol you read too many CN novels to instantly be trigger from that. A lot of countries have a lot of respect for their elders (maybe too much in some countries). China and Korea are just two example.

Now even though I said that. I still laughed when I saw JUNIOR because that’s just funny.

c36: Yep, he's started grinding his stat quests. He even got a new one for poison resistance. Next to unlock might be fire resistance? He's going to get all the resistances eventually.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  14. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm that Peddler title is way too OP compared to how trivial it would be to unlock. Literally anyone can get it and it's 10 free stats.

Ahh shit. Double post.

15. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, its too easy but people mostly don't let his inventory file up like that

16. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh when I played MMOs I usually let stuff build up in my inventory until it capped out then sold everything together. I just assumed everyone did the same because it saves time. Especially since they can let them stack up that many items and he's not even encumbered.

It just makes the previous two titles seem underwhelming. +4 stats or +3 stats are obviously weaker than +10 stats. The author is rewarding a character for selling 500 items at one (which anyone can do from beginner drops) more than soloing a field boss (which requires a much higher level and is obviously more harder). It just feels wrong to me.

Then again, the in-story developers of this game have clearly made an unbalanced game when a character can have 1000 wisdom at level 1 so... a difference of 10 stats doesn't really matter if it's possible (even if highly unlikely) for a player to get 1000 stats just from sitting around reading.

17. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this any good?(.I.e. Does the protagonist actually face challenges?)

18. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Players have to buy potions so they return to town quickly, the game is hard even when you have a balanced party

19. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    ....I usually sold meng and got people expand my backpack for me lalala~~

Though when I'm too lazy to hook any, I just buy them myself....at least cheaper than those pretty fashions

20. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    If they want to get back to town quickly to buy pots then wouldn't they just send someone to sell off the loot and buy pots while they keep grinding? They'd also eventually get to a point where they're buying hundreds of pots since there's no reason to return to the town so often when there are clearly no item caps in the inventory.

It's just too easy to get 500 items to sell. You could even buy them off others and sell it in bulk for a whole level worth of stats.
    Doesn't look like this game has backpack or item limits of any kind. He's literally carrying 700+ pelts and all kinds of other loot. Even if there's a limit it's probably the 999-stack kind without weight limits. It's simply too easy to sell 500 items at once.

Fun read so far. No challenges.

Wujigege likes this.