Japanese A Mermaid Princess in Love

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by WhiteWolf42, Apr 22, 2017.

1. WhiteWolf42

WhiteWolf42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: A Mermaid Princess in Love
    恋する人魚姫
    Raw Link: I can provide the raws, just ask (5 LNs)
    NU Link: Doesn't exist
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: I just love mermaid stories and this was the only light novel series I could find, so I thought I give it a try and make a thread. Also, for better understanding and also for interested translators I'm also uploading the raws of the first chapter on this thread. Feel free to check it out.
    Description: Rosa, a Marquess and descended from mermaids, was in the middle of a journey by boat to search for her destined prince when she encountered a disaster in the sea and was then rescued by a naval battleship. The captain of the ship, Ashley, was the prince she was searching for. However, the battleship was blown up and Rosa is under suspicion of being a spy...

Rosa was going to give up on this unreachable love, but her heart can't stop being drawn to him. In the middle of that, the pirate, Julius, suddenly appears and kidnaps Rosa...!?

The Prince of the Empire vs. the Daredevil Pirate King. The course of love of the Mermaid Princess who cannot swim is--!?

Here are the raws of the first chapter of the novel:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ck7feke9gt7naty/A_Mermaid_Princess_in_Love_Teaser_Raws.zip
    Important Note: I won't share my raws anymore with people, who just wants to read the novel for free. For this purpose I upload the raws of the teaser. If someone is getting seriously interesting in translating this novel, then I will share the complete raws with him/her. For someone who just wants to read it, please understand if I say: "Please buy the raws yourself." With this you are also supporting the author and the artist.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  2. MadDogs

MadDogs Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The mermaid part makes me think of Every Day Life with Monster Girls (a favorite)
    I don't know why ur so interested in this story that you haven't even read synopsis. But now I'm curious enough to want to try it if anyone picks it up :)

3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    can you put google translate ver lel
    here
    Marquis de la Rosa, the mermaid 's blood, is rescued by a naval battleship, distressed in the sea, on a cruise ship looking for the prince of destiny. Captain Ashley of the ship was the one she searched for. However, the battleship was blown up and suspicion of spies in Rosa ....
    Rosa tries to give up if it is unreachable love, but he can not stop the attracted heart. Meanwhile, Rosa was kidnapped by sudden appearing pirate Julius ...!?
    The Prince of the Empire vs. The fearless pirate king. Can not swim Mermaid Princess love 's where -?
    sound like romance~ ehem
    "Prince of Empire versus Pirate King! grand love battle for a mermaid" lovely.jpg
    or something like that

4. WhiteWolf42

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope so too!!<3 I think the plot has something to do with the navy and a certain mermaid kingdom and it's princess. As far as I understood (and I just can understand at most the basics...) mermaids in this novel aren't like we usually know them, but beautifully beings (with normal legs) who live underwater or so.

5. WhiteWolf42

Reading List:
    Link
    If I am right the title translated to English is 'Mermaid princess in love'. Although I'm not really sure about that.

6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hey actually is the Prince a human?
    what I bold actually something like reason for pick up lel~

7. WhiteWolf42

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I know, yes! There is also a rival who appears in the second volume, apparently a mermaid too.

Claire Lilly likes this.
  8. Setra

Setra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, mermaid princess meets pirates of carribean?

9. WhiteWolf42

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, amongst other things. For example (but I'm not that sure) there is a scene where she gets kidnapped by this pirate king.

10. Ilinox

Ilinox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I skimmed the raws of the first volume (thanks WhiteWolf42!) and it's not a bad story. The language is a bit refined/nuanced but I suppose that is to be expected of a published novel (I've never used MTLs before so not sure how they would fare; EDIT: on second thought I think it'd be doable with MTL it's not that complicated).

The heroine is quick on the uptake, though dramatic... and unfortunately helpless. She nearly dies like 4 times at the very beginning (like first three chapters) and one of those times is because she fell into depression when she realized her destined love treated her like an enemy and was cold instead of kind. So then she didn't eat and then caught something like hypothermia.

About the mermaid thing. In the prologue you learn that her mother is a mermaid who can't swim and fell in love with her dad, a marquis. Mermaid children are full mermaids (there's no halves). Male mermaids look like humans but female mermaids have the fish tail (? this part is a bit confusing and I skimmed so) and, not exactly sure if this just applies to females or what, but mermaids have prophetic visions/dreams about their destined love. A person born on the same month, same day, and at the same time.

On the whole destined love thing, apparently if a mermaid doesn't meet or fall in mutual love (? oops skimmed) with their destined love they will need to return back to the sea to live with the other mermaids, I think they also transform back. Yeah, not too sure on whether female mermaids have the ability to switch or if they're stuck with human legs until they fail with their destined love and then turn into a fishtail mermaid. Oh, they also can't reveal that they're mermaids and will have to kill whoever sees them in their true form (throwback to the actual Little Mermaid fairy tale? Haha).

Romance is fast. Happens pretty much in the first volume, so the next will probably be them deepening their bonds and overcoming obstacles (hopefully without any outrageous drama).

@WhiteWolf42 Not sure yet as to whether I'll pick this up since I have the others to check out, but the chance for this one is currently high.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Elliana, Claire Lilly, vsukio and 4 others like this.
  11. krrizis

krrizis Runs Ainushi, Read18 & Chaleuria

Reading List:
    Link
    Do pick it up, Ilinox. My team's too small that I can't poke em to take on more projects. Fufu~

12. Ilinox

Ilinox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, I spoke too soon because I'm much more interested in 令嬢鑑定士と画廊の悪魔 which WhiteWolf42 also let me check out. I'm currently translating another LN though so these projects are far far into the future >< which is why I dropped by with some additional information to see if it might pique anyone's interest in picking it up.

13. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    *.* Pirates~! Mermaids~! Handsome men~!!! What more can you ask for?

14. earp

earp villainess trash reader ;)

Reading List:
    Link
    looks a cliche to me... i mean the damsel in distress kind?

15. Mikleo

Mikleo Struggling Author

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped at 'Ashley', lmao!!~

I just can't handle Male Leads with a girly name in our Modern world. Ashley, Camille, etc.

I know that back then it's perfectly acceptable/normal, but I dunno, it's a turn off.

Nevertheless, I hope someone picks up your request.

Elliana likes this.
  16. renuac

renuac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ashley is still a male name even today though... If you're French, so is Camille.

Elliana and Moonpearl like this.
  17. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Going to release a teaser for it and will consider picking it up if we get postive feedback

Claire Lilly and Moonpearl like this.
  18. WhiteWolf42

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for your help!❤️

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    Wujigege likes this.
  19. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i want to read this---! someone translate it! uwawawa!
    @WhiteWolf42 out of curiosity, how many chapters altogether! i know there are 5 lns---

Wujigege likes this.
  20. WhiteWolf42

Reading List:
    Link
    I uploaded the raws of the first chapter if someone is interested.