LCD A Record of a Mortal's Journey to Immortality

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by bluefire, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Vocah

Vocah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm kind of annoyed that ALL excursions of the MC end up in catastrophes for those involved. The thingy with the carp demon thing, getting back the exquisite sound sects stuff and now this.

Necessity and mrttao like this.
  2. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, it is rather annoying that MC has literally never had a non disaster excursion. How the heck are other people getting to gold core if this is the case?

3. Necessity

Necessity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well there are non-distaster excursion, you just dont really remember them or the author doesn't write about them. Remember when he went out to kill demon beasts, nothing big happened; though i was genuinely surprised by that, so it probably happens so much that I've come to expect it. Being the protagonist is both a blessing and a curse.

4. Necessity

Necessity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By being alot more talented(because his talent is bad), having alot more time(hes like between 100-200 right, quite young really) and having big sects behind the(for resouces and protection).

Rapacity likes this.
  5. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Clearly not, see all the core formation rogue cultivators
    2. You are missing the point if you think "by being very old" is an answer. My point was "how do they even reach that age if every excursion is this fatal and the lack MC tier survival cheats".

Not only is every excursion of the MC a disaster, in the majority of them he is the sole survivor with everyone else dying. If MC did not have his plot armor he would have died too. This indicates a ridiculous level of lethality for excursions to the point where it boggles the mind that those people have been doing this for hundreds of years, only to immediately and easily die on the first sign of trouble
    No, there aren't. MC staying in his cave for 60 years is not an excursion. Nor is walking to the market.
    MC going to explore ruins is. MC taking mercenary work is. etc

Vocah likes this.
  6. zentetsuken

zentetsuken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I consider Han Li to be someone with average luck. He got spirit root but its the worst kind. He manage to learn immortal art but his teacher is evil. He got the token but lose his foundation pill.

Why do most excursion Han Li went on is lethal? I blame it on his luck for the 1st one. This time I blame Han Li being cocky after refining his awesome 72 swords & not listening to his gut feeling.

7. Sancrea

Sancrea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't it mentioned a few times that for rogue cultivator it's much,much harder to reach core formation realm because they do not have enough resourcers, since they do not have enough resources they have to make much more risky and dangerous decisions. So you choose either stay as foundation establishment cultivator or by trying to become core formation cultivator set out to some ruins and lose your life. That's why there is much less rogue core formation cultivators.

8. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of the MC deadly excursions were sects not rogue cultivators.
    Also, this still doesn't explain how they all crumple at the first sign of trouble without any trump cards that could save them.

Han Li has awesome luck, he found his cheat, he found the cloth piece that can hide his cheat, he stumbles on jade after jade containing secret techniques he needs...
    He is also the sole survivor of any dangerous mission

9. zentetsuken

Reading List:
    Link
    Prior to the sea arc, it was the beginning of a full blown sects war, of course anything sect related will be lethal but even then Han Li got an easy mission of guarding a mortal family, the mission isn't lethal right? Ambushing the palace, well that not a sect sanctioned excursion, just a bunch disipcle decided on their own.

I do agree that Han Li got his cheats way to easy & everyone that goes adventure with him always dies. Its like author can't write any other outcome other than MC alone survive..

10. Sancrea

Sancrea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I won't argue about han li having heavenly luck and his teammates on mission dying like crazy because it's the truth. But me mentioning rogue cultivators was simply because of the fact that han li throughout his whole life has been more like rogue cultivator. True, he may have been a member of sect or two, however his actions when in said sects wasn't your typical one. He was never overly loyal towards them and put his life as first and didn't mind betraying them, not that i'm saying it's a bad thing but it's the truth.

11. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Regardless of the MC being a rogue or not, the people who die in droves around him are more often than not sect members rather than rogues themselves. Even if they are not from his sect or if he is not in a sect at a time.

12. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, author really likes to tell and show us how MC is so very cautious... except he isn't.

Author has MC hem and haw and delay and waste time. whether it is the most harmless of things or the most deadly of dangers. And always, 100% of the time, MC will eventually decide to go ahead with it, often with the author telling us he is doing so "cautiously" even for things that are literally impossible to do cautiously

That is not caution, the MC never ever says "this is too dangerous, ill pass on this opportunity". This is just the MC delaying every decision while being reckless

13. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why are han li’s attack so freaking slow that everyone just casually dodges them? even the mooks?

whenever someone else attacks, their opponent has to block their attack somehow with their own treasure or attack. but not han li, for him the opponents just move out of the way

14. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Has MC reached core formation yet?

15. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes

16. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    c449
    >Besides, what do you think about his body?’
    >‘It would be great! You must help me seize his body!

huh? what is this nonsense. MC literally has the trashiest of trash bodies for cultivation. With the exception of people who are literally incapable of cultivation entirely.

He has a 5 element spirit root, the worst quality false spirit root...

Remember when he and crooked soul first tried to break through to golden core. He failed and crooked soul succeeded. So he had to go search for stuff that can boost his chances to breakthrough. In the pitiful situation of his primary body being a level below that of the clone.

And crooked soul roots are barely acceptable at that. Nothing exceptional. I am amazed this ghost will actually accept such a trash body instead of searching for literally anyone else to be the victim. To compound on it, it is a trash body containing the golden lightning thunder that can annihilate all ghosts. He is courting death

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  17. SixDesires

SixDesires Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapter does mc become a core formation cultivater?

18. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, its currently chapter 460 and it happened some time ago. but not too long... i wanna say 300-400

19. zentetsuken

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a trash body but still a core form body nonetheless with good-exotic treasures (from villians view, MC treasure is exactly what they need to kill Zenith Yin) so its not THAT far-fetched.. also MC did learn some overleveled tech that might give the illusion of someone with great talent..

20. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The exotic treasures can be taken off his cooling corpse. the villain said he wanted the body.
    1. the vast majority of people in that trial are golden core
    2. it's the soul of a dead nascent soul cultivator who is going to basically throw away his chances of reaching nascent soul again by using a trash body
    3. they literally said his body is great in quality, not that any body will do