Implemented A way for translators to reach out w/o having to post a chapter.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Qianweijia, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Qianweijia

Qianweijia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NovelUpdates constitutes a large amount of referalls to sites, and many users rely on NovelUpdates to keep them, as the name suggests, updated.
    However, one flaw of NovelUpdates is that it doesn't keep users updated on anything except chapters. What if the translator has a message he wants to get out to his viewers? What if the translator makes a post saying he's quitting? None of that will be transmitted to the users of NovelUpdates, and this I believe ought to be remedied.
    Implement a feature that can somehow inform users of NovelUpdates of a translator's status. I have no bright ideas exactly, but just off the top of my head, a way to mark translating groups so everything they post is transmitted to users instead of just chapters.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  2. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right. I think I have this approved somewhere but I'm too lazy to search for it. I was planning on having the update status (group news) for groups on pages like this: http://www.novelupdates.com/group/wuxiaworld/

I'll just approve this again as a reminder

3. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe we just need a reminder like:

THIS GROUP HAD NOT RELEASE ANY POST FOR MORE THAN 3 MONTHS, SO TRANSLATORS GRAB A SHOVEL AND TAKE A TRANSLATION FOR YOUR OWN!

Man... my english sucks...

Poor_Hero likes this.