Discussion A Will Eternal

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Mri_kel, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Knowledge is power

Knowledge is power [Wise owl][Sweet Lover]

Reading List:
    Link
  2. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    As I recall, when the TLer first started retranslating Xian Ni he said it would be done for free in addition to consistent releases, but if he chose he could've just made donations go equally to translating translated and untranslated chapters. It's not like anyone could stop him. Anyway, starting from scratch not just speeds up future translations because they won't have to scour old translations for terms, but that 10% also comes back to bite you. Xian Ni was moderately readable because void had a team of TLCers helping him. The moment they left, his translations went to shit.
    Not at all. If you read the announcement, you'd notice Deathblade will be cooperating with the XXW TLer, although the chapters will be hosted on wuxiaworld.

3. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    well . . . . i just hope the ninjas will still visit . .
    and hell Good luck on DB. . .
    i hope many people be AWEkend and be enlightend by the AWEspiring piece . . .

4. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't started reading it yet so I guess I'll wait for now and pick it up at later date~

5. Tianshen

Tianshen Ex-Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Only one of them, some of other translators at xxw was using mtl. What the heck is 'bird of prey', it's blatantly copied from perapera plugin

6. pandicorn

pandicorn ® Ruler of Gay Pandas ®

Reading List:
    Link
    well, firstly DB don't take donations but run a patreon system and secondly with DB, translation speed 140 chapters is barely a month and a half. Thirdly, the licensing agreement would probably mandate a certain amount of quality to it. Something that you won't get with MTL. Considering Sean's translation speed rn, We'll get a chapter every month at best. Better to get a new translator and have progress.

7. bromnath

bromnath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was responding to a post where someone was confused with why WW was "poaching" a XXW title. And I never meant to imply that sean was being left out to dry, just that WW had the translation and publishing right, and XXW doesn't. In the post that you are mentioning (that we both read), it says that sean will be joining the WW team, and the post in question only say's that DB will be doing translations. Sean's state is to be announced:

Nowhere in the post does it outright say that Sean will be translating it, just that he also agreed that retranslation is need, he will be joining WW, and there will be an announcement(or two) dedicated to that situation. However it does outright say that DB's next project will be AWE, and that it is one of the 20 titles from qidian.

8. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like the name...it's not really domineering but it goes like watch out...

9. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand but for those who have already caught up,it is going to be another Xian Ni...And I dont want anymore of Er Gen's works turned into something like that.

Knowledge is power likes this.
  10. Knowledge is power

Knowledge is power [Wise owl][Sweet Lover]

Reading List:
    Link
    I sincerely hope it doesn't turn out like that..... I don't even remember how much I read Xian Ni. All I remember is Voidtranslations going on hiatus or something.... :(:(:( Has the WW translated one reached the part where Wang Li gets some bounty of somekind, all corpses follow him I think. Any help much appreciated.

11. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    did you ever thought of first impression of something, lets just say for example: when getting into a job, if the employer looks at you, it would only take few mins get the first impression and decide quickly, so yea its like that..
    [
    btw thought is a thought and will is a will, both are not similar, because thought can't exist without will but will can exist without thought.
    through eternity is like making a hole through eternity to get something
    and eternal is eternal, an undying being
    ( thats my guess) ]

1 'A thought through Eternity' and 2 'A will Eternal'
    so if you look meaningfully for 1, its like oh yea its like a thought going through the eternity
    and for the 2, oh yea its like a will becoming eternal

even ErGen personally advised for this title, still ...!!! i also forgot that chinese words got thousand of meanings, so i was thinking there was mistake in the meaning at first, but since ErGen personally advised, guess what matters, but doesn't matter how much i think, both name actually looks different in name/impression it gives/ !!!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  12. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    No idea...when I first wanted to read it, I saw the parallel releases and thought it wasnt legit. Since then, I have just given up on it..it was too dark for me!

13. Grimnights

Grimnights Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    good thing I stopped reading ATTE early, I will read AWE once ISSTH is done

14. Mri_kel

Mri_kel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason that I'm looking forward to it is mostly since I tried reading the previous translations and I couldn't really immerse myself in the world. Due to some inconsistencies in the translation that put me off, and though the last translator was putting in a lot of effort, since the little things build up over time it was just not as enjoyable. So I think that this choice by Deathblade and WuxiaWorld to start from scratch on this project is inspired and that "A Will Eternal" will be worth it.

15. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    rofl classic... XD

awe.... lol
    you guys are awe-inspiring awwe I wanna discuss awe