Discussion A Zerg Overmind in a Xianxia world??

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by KickInator, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KickInator

KickInator I am Indian bc

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I just had this wierd thought about what would happen if you drop somebody with the ability to spawn and control zergs into a general xianxia world. Will the zerg swarm cultivate? Incorporate the many diverse bloodlines of the humanoid and beastial species? Will we watch a zergling pimp smash a planet? What about tribulations and soul cultivation? What will be the associated power level of the zergs on relation to the different cultivation stages? Will I finally be able to read a good toriko crossover?
    PS- I got this brainfart after reading The Zerg Swarm by East Bridge over at ff.net

mir, Astrum91, Kirkion and 1 other person like this.
  2. Hunta

Hunta shameless

Reading List:
    Link
    what's a zerg

DCLXVII likes this.
  3. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me want know too...

4. Kirkion

Kirkion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is an awesome idea!

5. GravityKatt

GravityKatt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a zerg is an alien entity from starcraft, they have a hivemind mind set. the queen makes the choices with the ability to grant subordanates comand of hives. very nasty race if youre on the wrong side.

@Hunta
    @LaDyViL

Risus likes this.
  6. N1gh7R4v3n

N1gh7R4v3n Bounty Hunter for skittles

Reading List:
    Link
    A Zerg is a sort of biomass. Its the antagonist of the starcraft series. Most notably for the "zerg rush" meme. Where playing as zerg relies on you overwhelming your opponents with sheer numbers and speed. Imagine a giant bug swarm with not just bees, but beetles, flies and all sorts of crap.
    Just look up "zerg, Starcraft" on google

mir likes this.
  7. TH3unknown

TH3unknown Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read something similar it's just not translated

8. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard Zerg able to integrate what they eat into themselves..
    So? If they eat some lowly cultivators...
    I will leave it to your imagination.
    Probably Re:Monster or Black slime?

9. Viken

Viken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHAHAHAHA. That'd be awesome! And 'the Zerg' is an alien race from a sci-fi base-building strategy game called StarCraft. Look it up, it's good stuff. Hahahahaha. The Zerg is already like a lot of different cultivating beasts anyway, cause they absorb the essence and DNA of various creatures to grow stronger anyway.

10. GravityKatt

GravityKatt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hell you could even type in zerg rush into google search bar and experience it for yourself

there is a korean novel called Hive but ive not read it.. it may be similar

mir likes this.
  11. Yunchii

Yunchii Best Waifu - Tamamo-no-Mae

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you seen the Movie "Starship Troopers"? Most of the Zerg Army's looks like those insects in that movie

12. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    doesn't Zerg is Buzz father?

13. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    i doubt they would have the ability to cultivate, cultivation isn't a skill that's able to be achieved just because you can control someone who does cultivate. They would be able to control that person and all their powers, probably, but they don't have a dantian themselves or anything so they wouldn't be able to cultivate....at least if they could, it'd be much different from the usual paths we know. And they would be able to use any of the abilities of the people they control, but unless they are able to control the highest level experts...they'll die. I dont think that a Zerg would be able to withstand the power of someone on the level of a veritible god who can kill people with a wave of their hand, or maybe not even having to that. Swarms of Zergs wouldn't help, numbers matter little in xianxia worlds as long as you are powerful enough---so the weaker cultivators would fall prey, but the most powerful ones? Unlikely....

Although who knows. I dont know enough about their exact abilities to be able to say with certainty. These are just my thoughts on the matter.

14. gunmim

gunmim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    my guess would be something akin to the ant in Hunter x Hunter

Astrum91 and KickInator like this.
  15. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    We will get Xianxia Craft 3...
    Zerg(as undead) will wage war against three other faction Righteous, Devil and Beast(Fey) which replace human, elf and orc

16. N1gh7R4v3n

N1gh7R4v3n Bounty Hunter for skittles

Reading List:
    Link
    well, it could be taken in two ways, either a person is like a zerg and is able to integrate the abilities of a person into themselves, or is like the overmind and can control everything around them. I could imagine a high power cultivator finding what he thinks is a spirit beast egg, protects it, then it eats him while he is cultivating. The zerg then learns how to make a dantian/profound core type thing. and makes a bunch of zerglings "cultivate" while burrowed. more cultivators come and it learns how to do spirit arts. Either that or a very bad cultivator becomes a Kerrigan type character. and learns different cultivation type methods via eating other cultivators. Then infests a female character to have as a "swarm queen"

KickInator likes this.
  17. KickInator

KickInator I am Indian bc

Reading List:
    Link
    The Zerg have been known to incorporate the evolutionary traits and information present in any being that they consume. So it would be easy for them to eat any passing cultivator and incorporate their dantian physiology into their bodies. In fact, if we treat Essence as a soul equivalent, they might even be able to take the memories of the consumed individual. Also, they would have another path of cultivation to consider by eating the demonic beasts and incorporating their demonic cores.
    While it is true that the zerg do not have the capability to even scratch the top level cultivators, they can build up and evolve to their levels over time. And don't forget that the plants in any xianxia world contain many benificial genes any powers.

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
  18. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your alert function has failed me @Tony. Divine Punishment!!

*cough*
    I await the day the tag [Aliens] and [Xianxia] exists in one novel (translated).

19. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    i just looked up their abilities and the like. And i have to say, they are pretty terrifying in terms of what they can do, especially their regenerative capabilities, not to mention their warp-travel abilities.

But...hm. I do not believe they would be able to reach the level of strength a person at the peak could attain. Because its not an evolutionary thing with cultivators. The Zerg would be able to control any of the cultivator's power, but if they wish to cultivate themselves then i should think they'd have to start from scratch too. And exactly what sorts of energy can they consume? All types? If so, then yes, they could create new paths of cultivation for themselves, probably. Dantian's aren't phsyical things, though, at least not from all that i've read. Dantian's are...semi-physical at most, no? So im not certain they could reproduce one, althogh maybe creat something similar, or as we've said, creat a new path of cultivation that doesn't need them.

I can only assume that they'd have to create a new way to cultivate, and continuously consumeg energy to get stronger themselves. But the problem is that, exactly what sort of setting do we put them in? Do Daos exist? If so, then i don't think they'd be able to have access to a power of a Dao, only be able to enhance their phycial abilities or energy output, or energy manipulation abilities. Which is only one aspect of cultivation, the other is enlightenment. You should know more than me about this, so, what do you think?

Its interesting to discuss, because while the abilities of the Zerg have been studied greatly, we dont know if they will apply to things like what you would find in worlds where cultivation exists. They can control the abilities of a cultivator by taking their mind, but other than that, would they be able cultivate themselves? Can they consume energy, all forms? How adaptable are they?

And there are chaotic energies too, like consuming demon cores. Wild energies, which make cultivators unable to consume them all at once in some novels. So we would first have to establish exactly what world from what story we zet the Zerg in, then go from there.

20. daggerincoat

daggerincoat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    zerg can use essence to evolve if they absorb a weak mystic beast or cultivator and all the swarm will have more potential than before at least equal to what the zerg absorb. the only reason in starcraft the zerg is not too strong is simple: they cannot absorb essence of protoss and terran use technology so they have weak essence, no matter how many essence of two other dominant race they devours they can never grow any stronger than that but those mystic best in xianxia is different(in most of xianxia story, mystic beast do not know how to cultivate and cannot active absorb energy like human but each time a beast eat it collect the power of what it devour, those primitive way of cultivation is way slower than human but it have a benefit if that creature evolve and push it grow limit the offspring of that creature will have the same limit as its parents with mean the grow limit is genetic) with also mean zerg can absorb it can put the whole swarm.

there is one problem it will be impossible to maintain hivemind structure of the zerg since in Chinese principle that <body or matter>(use as vessel to contain energy and mind), <energy>(cultivation level and life force) <mind or spirit>(use to control <energy> and <body> if <mind> is weak it cannot control the <energy> and blow up) is connect to each other and impossible to grow one without growing other two and if normal zerg grow stronger the mind will grow stronger, finally that zerg will gain independent with queens or cerebrates and goes feral(feral zerg attack anything around them so it will grow unlimited strong until somthing kill it) since only hive and queen can produce offspring it will die without too much of the threat.

another case is since normal zerg mind is extremely weak (main reason the zerg cannot have any PSI power except overmind and queen of blade) if it absorb energy but cannot control the energy it will explode and drop dead. since the more mind power use to control other zerg the less mind power to control itself try to mind control will only weaken battle potential of the queen and in most xianxia cultivation level is everything number is meaningless so there is no need for the swarm in any case.

conclusion: zerg will go extinct in very fast rate or single queen will grow with unlimited power(until something kill that queen)

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.