News About Qidian International Project

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Qidian, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedorkishguy

thedorkishguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not all stories are copyrighted to Qidian, likely that the stories that are being translated now will stay where they are unless they get a beneficial offer from Qidian.

In case anyone doesn't know WuxiaWorld has an agreement with Qidian to translate up to 10 (IIRC) series. A Will Eternal being one of those, which in my opinion is better off being hosted on WW instead of Qidian Int.

taivan likes this.
  2. pepeoo

pepeoo high lord of the seven seas

Reading List:
    Link
    I've heard from translators that qidian is handing out slave contracts and if they sign the slave contracts then yeah i assume

taivan likes this.
  3. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    You know how Chinese QiDian Works? You can read 100 chapters of a novel for free, to hook you in. If you want to read more, pay money.

4. thedorkishguy

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this a credible source?

Not sure if I'm to believe that... but it's a very standard I can see it happening

5. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try reading this thread.

6. thedorkishguy

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing in the thread about how the translator will be treated. Actually more controversial than anything else?

Not enough source to suggest either I would like to read the contract but that's just more for curiosity sake.

Little Big House likes this.
  7. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it's not like people can talk openly about it. Where there's smoke <= catch my drift?

taivan and Saol like this.
  8. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1 series already shut down because of qidian.

http://gravitytales.com/post/forty-...ty-millenniums-of-cultivation-official-status

This novel already has 79 chapters.

now i know for sure, qidian will re-translate all the novel that moving into qidian.eng website in the future.

gg boys

The dark days will come soon or later. Now we know for sure qidian come to ruin our nice days, the announcement by qidian is bullshit after all.

thedorkishguy and pepeoo like this.
  9. SpaceMan89

SpaceMan89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From my understanding they are giving other sites without license the chance to join under them, this to me is fine as they are willing to pay the team who works for them. They need to protect the authors work, you can't deny that 90% or more translations have quality issues and reliability issues when it comes to the end product.

The author who was paid to create the novel has already been paid for the work, royalties are what they will get for the translated chapters. Qidian needs to protect it's licenses, this is no different then software or entertainment sector.

Qidian is in a better position for negotiations, I won't delude myself, lots of groups with lesser quality translations will most likely fold.

I don't like that it is happening, nothing that can be done about it but the law is on their side. They are giving a chance to the community to join them, the question is if the demands put forward is worth it for the translators.

10. Black Frost

Black Frost Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally, someone gets it instead of just complaining cause they don't like whats going on even though both the law and in fact logic is against them.

Hunta, TooLazyToThink and SpaceMan89 like this.
  11. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    @Qidian Would it be okay for you to tell us how many projects qidian is planning on starting in spring? for example is it 10 or more? also are you allowed to tell the titles or which authors novels would be released by qidian international? Thanks!!

12. pepeoo

pepeoo high lord of the seven seas

Reading List:
    Link
    kinda hard to take a positive perspective when what you seem to be saying "fan translators can be our slave and translate for little to no pay. While we fuck them over we will get most the donations that you would have gotten if you didn't sign the contract but if you don't sign the contract we will fuck you over by suing you" If this is the case which is what im getting from all of this right now then you aren't just fucking translators you are also fucking leechers because who knows how long it will be b4 u put up a pay wall and with that "slave contract" who knows how many potential translators you will scare away...So how do u plan on handing all of this? I hope what I've perceived so far is wrong.

Answer me plz @Qidian
    Sincerely, a pessimist

13. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the most biggest upset is not the translator didn't continue the translation, but qidian want to translate from chapter 1. You need more than 2 months to translate 70 chapters (at least 1 chapter/day), so you need to wait again ....

Can you imagine if the novel already has 100 chapters++ translated? if qidian take it from the translator, then they will translate it from the start (Need 3-4 months)

Is this not a nightmare for you guys?

Why qidian not continue the translation? I think all the translation in wuxiaworld and gravitytales has at least standart quality for translations.

I don't care even if qidian take all the translation, but please dont translate it from chapter 1, except the translation is so so bad like machine translation.

14. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo~ we might release over 15 stories in the beginning, and keep moving to get more and more. Hard to give you all titles since we have not decided the releasing plan yet, but I can list some stories which are new.
    1. 从前有座灵剑山 Once Upon A Time, There Was A Spirit Sword Mountain
    2. 叱咤风云 Commanding Wind and Cloud
    3. 圣墟 The Sacred Ruins
    4. 大盗贼 The Great Thief
    5. 巫师世界 The Wizard World
    6. 气冲星河 Soaring of Galaxy
    7. 黑铁之堡 Castle of Black Iron
    8. 奥术神座 Throne of Magical Arcana

Hunta likes this.
  15. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the info!!

16. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Relax Friend. I can't give you a contract to look at but please take ur mind as a logical thinking. If we just put some called "slave contract", translators can just leave us alone, at least they can quit right? In that case, we get 0 translators to work and be impossible to run the business. Let's see what's going on alright?

17. mudslap

mudslap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind about this. What I'm worried is that novels that were already translated will be started from the very beginning once again.

A 70 - 80 chapters translated will be restarted again on qidian. Such a shame.

It might be worse in the future. A 500 chapter novel? Who knows. Apart from wuxiaworld with its guaranteed collaboration with qidian, gravitytales and other major works can have a chance of being restarted at qidian.

18. SpaceMan89

SpaceMan89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All depends on how the negotiations go I guess?
    All the bad quality ones will be restarted so that will suck, this might effect the reader base and cause people to drop it.
    My question is how many of the current fan translations are owned by Qidian? If it's less then 30, it's not such a bad thing as we know wuxiaworld has the rights for 10 novels.

19. shadowys

shadowys Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to know how Qidian handles legal complaints on behalf of the translators. If the original authors decide to sue the translator for translating what they call an "Illegal Copy", who is the one who will handle the complaints? Also, who has the IP rights to each translation?

20. YouDoThatDo

YouDoThatDo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian holds rights to the contracted works on their site. When author is contracted, they sell rights to Qidian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.