Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Official Board

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
  2. DollHead

DollHead NYAH HAH NAHA

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah sorry I saw the first posts and got confused ;S

3. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    FAR EAST ARC - PROLOGUE STORY
    Delta Town. A proud port city that is bustling with activities day in day out. Countless caravans from across the continent use the city as their stopping point before continuing their trading journey. Be it to the small villages and settlements across the continent or to the large kingdoms located in the remote part of the continent. Be it upstart traders that are still struggling to find the best trade route for them or strong and experienced merchant companies that are already managing more than a dozen trade route, Delta Town has them all.

“Everything has arrived according to schedule, Sir.”

“Good. We’ll need that as our supplies are dwindling,” said the man dressed in a black outfit while looking at the docked merchant ships with various sizes.

“After this, we will only need to schedule the porter to move them to the warehouse in Aeternus, Sir,” added the man in uniform next to him.

“Good, good. Ensure that the goods will arrive safely. That is all.”

“Yes, Sir!” After giving a salute to him, the man walked away toward the direction of the ship to continue his job.

Left alone, the man decided to take a seat near the edge of the stair that led to the marketplace area while enjoying the scenery of the busy harbor. For him who is a Guildmaster, always getting swamped with paperwork is an unavoidable thing. That’s why an occasional field inspection is a good chance for him to unwind slightly. He always welcomes a short break every now and then, contrary to everyone’s belief that he can only find enjoyment in drowning himself with work and more work.

“Hmm?”

Suddenly his attention is forced into a certain object. It was a crate. The crate itself has a fairly normal appearance. It is just a simple large wooden crate that has an emblem of a certain trading company stamped on the side. But for some reason, his attention has been caught by that very object.

Then he realized the reason. It was moving around occasionally. Not only that, it has a pattern to its movement. It only moved when the vicinity is clear of anyone. When someone walked closer, it will cease moving.

Intrigued by that, he decided to keep watching it from afar, hoping to see if something interesting will happen to said crate. And just as he expected, it happened.

When the coast is clear, the top of the crate slowly opened. And from that opened part, a figure crept out of it. It moved in a swift motion and in an instant it has stood in front of the crate. Of course, the top side of the crate has been closed again. Then the figure moved toward the roof of the nearby building and looked around.

“A spy?” thought Shadow while looking at the strange figure.

He released one of his usual mechanical spiders toward the crate and let it stay there as a marker for him when he has to trace the origin of that strange crate. He also released another to creep closer to the strange figure. Due to its small size, it could reach the spot under the roof near the figure in a matter of seconds.

Using its distant eye feature, Shadow could finally get the appearance of the figure. With a body size close to a teenager, the figure is dressed in a strange outfit with black and grey as the main color theme. Due to the hood and mask cover that only left a slit for the eyes its gender couldn’t be identified. Judging from the lack of curve, the figure is supposed to be male, although there is still a chance of it’s being a female by using some sort of special clothing.

So far, his impression of that figure is a spy or assassin. Outfit that is clearly made for easy movement. Color scheme that is used to mask oneself in the dark. And then that nimble movement that is clearly a sign of trained agent. He is convinced more and more that he needs to keep an eye or two at this mysterious figure.

Then while he was pondering what to do, the figure moved away, jumping from one roof to another in quick succession without making too much noise.

“…I’ll catch you,” said Shadow under his breath.
    ===============================================​
    A soft thumb reverberated on the air as the figure landed in a dark alleyway. After looking around, the figure’s attention is aimed at a lone man that is sleeping near the crate with a few bottles lying nearby. It was clear that the man is drunk judging from his flushing face and the strong scent of alcohol from him.

After letting out a soft sigh, the figure reached into the drunk’s cloak. In a swift motion, the cloak was pulled away without waking up the original owner. Before putting on the cloak, the figure made a small bow toward the drunk as if apologizing for ‘borrowing’ his cloak. Then the moment the figure finished putting on the cloak, a footstep startled the figure.

“Oh? Stealing is not good, ya know?”

A calm voice came from the end of the alleyway. The owner of said voice is none other than Shadow, the Guildmaster. Although the voice lacked any hostile vibe, the figure quickly assumes a fighting scene, earning a small chuckle from Shadow.

“If you need a coat, I could recommend you a good store that sells cheap ones.” Said Shadow with a smile while tilting his head slightly to the side. “All you have to do is ask. I’m sure our friendly guards here will be glad to show you the way.”

As he took a step forward, the figure took a step backward. Another step forward from Shadow and another step backward from the figure. The third times it happened, Shadow let out a sigh and then just stood there.

“Who are you?” asked Shadow.

Not a single answer came.

“Who sent you?” he asked another question.

Of course, not a single answer came.

“What is your purpose?”

Just like before, not an answer came for him.

But to the figure’s surprise, Shadow let out a smile. Finally realizing that he was just stalling time, the figure quickly looked around.

“Too late~”

A sharp pain entered the figure’s mind right after hearing that words. Right after that, a small spider jumped away from the figure’s neck and quickly crept onto Shadow’s hand. Seconds after that, something changed. Legs feeling weak. Vision getting blurry. And finally, breath getting shallow. Those are all the symptom the figure’s feeling at the moment.

“Just calm down now and we’ll spe-What!?”

Suddenly an object was thrown onto him, stopping his words. He quickly sliced the object. To his surprise, another object flew toward him. Shadow could only cover himself with his heavy overcoat. But one of the objects managed to get him on his forearm.

“Gah! Dang it!”

What he saw was a small knife. He quickly pulled out the knife. Thankfully, the wound is very shallow thanks to the protection of the heavy overcoat. After that, he looked around. And just as he expected, the figure is nowhere to be found. The only thing there is the sleeping drunken man and his coat that has been sliced in half. Clicking his tongue, Shadow pulled out a few coins from his spatial glove and then put them near the drunken man. After that, Shadow let out a single sound of ‘click’ from his mouth before vanishing from the place.
    In another alleyway not far from the bustling marketplace, the figure landed. But this time, the landing was not as successful as the last one. The foot slipped and the figure almost falls face first onto the ground. After a few seconds, the figure finally managed to stand up while using the wall as a support.

But with the breathing that has gone shallower and shallower with each minute and vision that is slowly getting darker, the figure knows that it is just a matter of time before that man caught him. Then a flash appeared as the figure pulled out a small knife. On the hilt, an intricate design is carved there. Gripping the knife strongly, the knife is then pointed toward the figure’s neck.

“…A-Apology….M-Master…” mutter the figure under the breath. “I’ve….failed…the c-clan…”

While in the middle of trying to push the knife further, the knife fell onto the ground, producing a loud clinking sound. After that, the figure finally fell backward. But the impact never happened.

“H-Hey!? Are you okay!?”

The last thing that came into the figure’s sight is the appearance of a girl with snake eyes looking with a face full of worries.
    A soft ‘click’ sound came from the door followed by a slight creaking sound as it opened. What came after that is the appearance of the girl with a lower half of that of a large snake. It was none other than the Guildmaster’s retainer, Chalusi. She entered the room while dragging her snake tail of her and using it to close the door behind her.

She brought a basket filled with a loaf of bread and also a bottle of water. There is also a small basin filled with warm water and a towel on the side. After she put the stuff on the table nearby, she looked at the sole occupant of that small room that is lying on the bed.

“I hope she’s all right.”

“…u…urg….”

Just as she said that a soft groan came from the one that is lying on the bed. Chalusi quickly came closer and then looked at her with pitying eyes.

The one laying on the bed is a girl, probably in her teenage year. Her tanned skin stands out in contrast with her mostly dark outfit. But there is one more thing that stands out more than that. And that is the existence of a pair long bunny ear that extends from her dark hair that is fashioned in a simple ponytail.

Slowly, the girl opened her eyes. Still showing sign of being drowsy, she could only look around weakly.

“Are you okay?”

“W-Where am-“

“A-Ah, don’t stand up!”

Just before she could stand up, Chalusi gently held her shoulder and push her gently onto the bed again. Although she didn’t put that much force into it, due to her overall condition, that was enough to push the bunny-eared girl back.

“Please calm down and just rest for now.”

“….”

“I won’t ask you anything. Just recover first,” said Chalusi with a smile on her face.

“…are you…the one who brings…me here?”

“Ah? No. I just found you fainted in the alleyway. It was Milord that carried you here.”

“….Milord?”

“Yes. He is my Master.”

“…I…see…,” the girl glanced at Chalusi. “…the one from before…”

“Pardon?” asked Chalusi since she didn’t hear the girl’s muttering.

“…nothing.”

“Ah, I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Chalusi, a Lamia,” said Chalusi followed by a small bow. “You are- Oh, I’m sorry. I just said I won’t ask anything. Hehehe~” she scratched her cheek in embarrassment as she realized that. “No need to tell me if you don’t want to-“

“…Miu….”

“Pardon?”

“…Miu….” The girl mumbled softly. “That’s…my name…”

“Ah, Ms. Miu then. Please rest for now. We’ll talk later.”

“…understood…”

After that, Chalusi moved onto the table and started pulling out bread and pouring out the drink into a small cup. While looking at the figure of Chalusi preparing stuff, Miu let out a sigh.

“…I’ve been found out…at least…she’s kind…Her clothes…looks clean enough. No sign of abuse…Did I…landed in a wrong place?” she thought as she tried to clench her hand. “…The effect of the drugs…is gone…”

She then patted her chest and her eyes widened. A slight panic entered her mind as she realized something is missing.

“…T-The knife….”

She pulled her body up and patted her whole body. To her horror, she failed to find the thing she’s looking for.

“What is it, Ms. Miu?”

“M-My knife. Where is-“

“Oh? Milord has it.”

“…Why?” asked Miu with a slight hostile thought quickly arose in her mind.

“He said that a person sleeping with a weapon is not safe.”

“…I s-see…” Millions of thought came into her mind just from hearing that thought. Her previous carefree attitude when talking with Chalusi has been replaced with a slight wariness. While her mind understood that the concern is very logical, she still fears something is not right. It was just her instinct, but she decided to just stay silent for now. After all, she owes her life to the Lamia in front of her.

“Ms. Chalusi…c-can you let me meet your master? I…want to have my knife back…”

“E-Eh? But-“

“Please!” She quickly bowed her head. “It’s…an important object for me…Please…”

“…I guess…I can do that…I’ll ask Milord.”

“…You have my thanks. Ms. Chalusi.”

After that, with a worried expression, Chalusi exited the room. In the meantime, Miu decided to just wait in patient. But she couldn’t help but feel restless. Her important knife has been taken. Her identity exposed. And she almost got caught by a strange man just after she landed. Overall, the only good thing that had happened to her is that she met Chalusi that is kind enough to shelter a stranger like her.

Thankfully for her, her wait is not long. Chalusi came back with a slightly worried look, making her both confused and scared for the worst.

“Uhm…Ms. Miu. Milord said that you have to see him to get your knife back.”

“…Understood,” said Miu, knowing full well that it is her only possible answer.
    In the end, she is left standing in front of a large desk. Her knife is lying on that very desk. But that is not the problem. The problem is the man behind that desk.

The moment she saw that person, she felt that the color of her face has drained. Why? Because the one that she faced is the same person that tried to catch her. It was none other than Shadow himself.

“I see that the drug has worn off,” said Shadow with a smile on his face. “Quite a feat for someone to be able to move only a few hours after that. I’m impressed, Ms. Miu.”

“…who are you?”

“Oh? That’s the first thing you asked?”

She just stood there with her fist clenched and her eyes glaring at him. But even when faced with those glaring eyes, Shadow just sat there without showing an inch of fear. Instead, his smile seemingly went wider.

“Are you not going to explain why were you hiding in a shipping crate, Ms. Stowaway?” Just as he said that Miu flinched slightly. “Then escaped from that crate when no one is looking. Climbed onto the roof. Scouted the vicinity. Tried to steal a poor drunken man’s coat. Refusing arrest attempt. Escaped from said arrest attempt. Fainted in an empty alleyway.”

“…”

“And then we’ve tried to….investigate about you. We know roughly where you’re from thanks to the merchant’s route. And, of course, this,” Shadow pointed at the knife on the desk, “is what gives us the most information.”

“…Who…are you?”

“Me? Well, if this will make the conversation moves. I’m the Guildmaster, Shadow.”

The moment she heard that Miu’s eyes widened and together with her bunny ears stood on their place. Of course, there’s no need to mention that her mouth was left wide opened which would make one worry that her jaw might fall.

“…wait…the Guildmaster? That guild? That very organization that is known to have strong people in it?”

“Well, we do have some strong people. Not all, but we do have some. Why the sud-“

“I’M TERRIBLY SORRY!!!!”

All of a sudden she kneeled toward him. Seeing his ‘guest’ suddenly went down with her face planted on the floor and both of her bunny ears flopped onto the ground, even the usually calm Shadow couldn’t help but raised one of his eyebrows.

“Well, I guess that’s one way to say you’re sorry.”

“I’M TERRIBLY SORRY! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!”

“I know, I know. Sheesh, no need to yell, do we now?” Shadow let out a sigh at the sudden turn of event. “Now just stand up and-“

“P-Please, one moment!”

“Hmm?”

“You can capture me, torture me, or kill me, but please listen to my story first!”

“…torture you? Whatever do you me-“

“Please, esteem Guildmaster! I would gladly offer my life if you at least listen to my story.”

“….You are one of those people that will not move even by death, eh?”

“I h-hope I can be like that.”

“Don’t be, you idiot!” Shadow shouted toward her, making her shoulder flinch a bit. “If you die, then you’ve failed your objective! If you live then you can continue whatever things you’re doing!...Sheesh…”

He let out a sigh and then shook his head. By then, he noticed that the bunnykin girl has stayed in her position without moving an inch.

“Argh…dang it. Stand up! I’ll listen to your story!”

“Y-You will?”

“Do not make me repeat myself!”

“Y-Yes, Sir!” She finally stood up. On her face, one could see a slight smile forming after hearing that.
    Miu Masayori. Miu of the Masayori clan. It is a clan name made from two letters which are a [justice] and [peace]. And just like the meaning behind their name, the clan advocates justice and peace in their continent, Far East Continent. No, in fact, the Masayori is not big enough to be called a clan. It is more like a force gather under the same banner. Samurai, ninjas, and many specialized agents from many clans that are called by the emperor to be his special force in an emergency.

And that emergency is now. The emperor’s influence is dwindling, almost vanish completely. At first, it was not noticeable. It was just a simple murmur here and there. But even from that time, the Masayoris has already noticed a change in the air. The 9 great clans, the giants that have been under the emperor influence, have shown sign of trying to strengthen their own land. From hiring mercenaries to drafting their own people into a formal army. Of course, there’s nothing abnormal for each clan to strengthen their own land. The thing is that they did that in a peaceful time. It was as if all of them anticipated that the peaceful time will end shortly.

And shortly it was. The time ended right after a calamity hits the continent. And that calamity is the death of the emperor. It was very sudden. There was no sign of the mighty emperor’s health deteriorating. He always displays nothing but how fit he is, both in body, mind, and spirit. The news of his death really hit the whole continent. They are once again reminded that although their emperor that united the whole country has the strength near a god due to his cultivation experience, he is still a mortal. He has his lifespan. And it seems he only managed to prolonged his life, not becoming a true immortal.

Even the Masayoris who are close to the Emperor does not know the true reason. All of their agents have done their best in guarding the emperor so far. They’ve checked his food. They’ve checked the local security. They’ve even checked the spiritual energy around the emperor every single day. But, alas, their effort was in vain. They couldn’t do anything against death’s hand.

As if that’s not enough to start chaos, the whole 9 clans decided to reject the next emperor’s ruling, stating that he is too weak and will not be able to carry on the responsibility of that of his predecessor. All 9 clan head said the same thing. Of course, struggle of power is anything but new in the court of the Far East Continent. But usually, it is only between small clan or between one clan against another. This has turned into an all-out conflict. Each clan said they are the true leader of the continent. And the fact that the previous emperor died so suddenly is the proof of how heaven does not approve of the current emperor lineage. That’s the story they all throw.

Soon after that, the royal family lost all of its power and influence since no clan would back them up. Each of them wants to be the one true leader. What the Masayoris feared have come true. The peace of the whole continent has been broken. It was replaced by an age of war between clan, both big and small ones.

The Masayoris, although they are a collection of strong and powerful warriors and agents, their number are far too small. They are far from matching even one of the large clans. At most, they can only be compared to one of the many small clans scattered on the continent with information gathering as their forte.

But small as they might be, they bear a large responsibility. Just as their name, the Emperor has made their clan to be the last line of defense in protecting peace and harmony in the continent. They are tasked to maintain peace. Of course, with an all-out war, that task is an impossible one. Some of their clansmen proposed that they have to choose one of the 9 clans as their patron and work together to find peace. Some proposed that they support the royal family that has been exiled as their true master. Other said that they have to grow their own clan into a proper clan and seek the seat of power for themselves to maintain peace.

With the whole clan itself not in one voice, the Masayoris decided to do at least three things. First, they will collect the information of the whole 9 clan’s power and situation. Second, they will do their best to maintain peace in their surrounding land. And third, they will look for another alternative that can grant their continent a peaceful era once again.

Miu is one of the many agents sent to seek that alternative. And due to their clan’s ability in gathering information, one particular piece of news about a strange organization that can do the impossible came to them. An organization that can destroy a demi-god beast with their small number of personnel. An organization that gathers up strange and powerful persona from every corner of the world. An organization that can go toe to toe against a mighty empire effortlessly. The name of the organization is-
    “The Adventurer Guild.”

“Correct. And that’s why…I smuggled myself…”

“Because if you go normally, the other clan might have notice that and it might turn the situation uglier,” said Shadow followed by a sigh. “What troublesome people. Noble are all the same, be it here or anywhere.”

“S-So, please, esteemed Guildmaster. I beseech you, send help there!”

“I refuse.”

“…eh?

“Listen here, Ms. Miu, if that is your real name,” said Shadow before standing up. He walked toward her with his hand behind his back. “The Guild is not a charity organization. We work on a simple principle. The client pays us, and then we do the work. Simple. Do you know what other type of people use that principle?”

“That principle?...Mercenary?”

“Correct~!” said Shadow followed by clapping his hand. “Now tell me, Ms. Miu. What will your clan give for our service?”

“We…have to pay?

“Come on, Ms. Miu. There’s no such thing as free stuff. Of course, we won’t ask you to pay with money alone. Be it knowledge, mineral, other precious stuff. We will take what you offer, as long as it is the same value as our service.”

“B-But the rumor said that you defeated the demi-god beast-“

“Because the kingdom that is near that wretched one is our precious trading partner. They gave us a trading permit, knowledge, and other access to their local resource.”

“Then how about going against the Empire-“

“We’re doing that since they hinder our business. In short, they are a threat to our continuous operation. While your continent’s war, is not.”

“T-Then….”

Then all of a sudden, Shadow vanished and appeared behind the confused bunnykin agent. The sudden teleportation startled her to the point that she forgot to blink.

“Think, Ms. Miu. What can you offer from your oh so precious continent.”

“I…I offer….”

“Remember, we accept anything. And I mean,” he leaned toward her ears, “anything.”

Silence filled the room after that. Shadow just stood behind her, waiting for her answer.

“…Then…I offer you….everything.”

That answer of her made Shadow surprised slightly. But he kept himself from showing that surprise.

“And what is everything, Ms. Miu.”

“….Material, knowledge, mysterious item, trading permit, even the entirety of our clan.” She then looked at him straight in the eye. “I, Miu Masayori, offer that to you.”

“Even if you’re not the one in charge?”

“…Even if I’m not in charge, I will….persuade the clan to give that to you. To give access to you, one way or another!”

“…I see…” Shadow vanished again from her sight, startling her yet again, only to reappear on his seat. “Then you better remember that, Miu of the Masayori clan.”

“T-Then-“

“Oh, wait. It is just the first talk. Since you are not the one in charge, I will have to speak to the one. Meaning, your clan head.”

“D-D-D-Does that mean…”

“Ah, sadly we can’t let our client go to us. So, we have to go to them. And since we heard that place is dangerous, we need to bring some of our force for security.” Shadow then shook his head several times in an exaggerated manner. “What troublesome condition. But that is what we the Guild must do.”

“T-Thank you very much!!!” Once again, she kneeled toward him with her face onto the ground, uttering “thank you” over and over again.

“We’ve discussed enough for now. I’ll ask Chalusi to escort you back to your room.”
    After dismissing the overjoyed bunnykin girl, Shadow who was left alone in his office looked at the map that was given to him by the merchant that possessed the crate that Miu smuggled herself into. The merchant is one that deals with strange stuff, thus why he had sailed from such isolated continent. Shadow has discussed with him about the continent. And their story matched Miu’s story.

The emperor’s death. The political spark between all clan. The war that has already started here and there. The suffering of the common people due to that. The lost peace. They all match her story. Everything except the mention of the Masayori clan, which intrigued Shadow as they might have a few hidden card as their reason for not revealing themselves to the open.

Now, it is true that stopping the war is not the guild’s responsibility. But the Guild could gain a lot of things from there. Material, knowledge, magic stuff, personnel, etc. But without a guide or anyone as their contact, going there will only be a loss for the Guild. The price will just be too high. And not to mention that the continent is not in their most stable condition.

Things changed with Miu as the one asking them. They can use her request as a pretense to ‘explore’ the continent and also to build a branch of their own. That way, they can spread their wings of influence, strengthening the Guild as they can secure some commodities too. It might sound devious, but the Guild will use the Masayori clan’s influence as much as they could.

“…Besides….if the war spread to our continent…we’ll gain nothing but trouble,” uttered Shadow to no one in particular. “This continent is already too bleak as it is.”
    NOTE: This is not the raid prologue. The raid will start at July 15 2017. I will tag everyone again at that time. In the meantime, prepare for the raid. Take care~!

Abox, Night Ghost, Kuma Desu and 29 others like this.
  4. SpiralGust

SpiralGust Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gonna get lit jk this is my first raid idk what I'm supposed to do

5. The One Supreme Lord of All

The One Supreme Lord of All 『Milk Tea Corps Leader』《Bishop of Church of Tony》

Reading List:
    Link
    Raid? Raid.
    Time? Time.
    Let's Go!!!

6. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    a new arc eh. a pity i will probably be on long-term hiatus as I switch to another game for my character to keep the story going. I'll probably come back so keep me updated. I just need to get these new ideas out of my head.

7. skyking

skyking Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    heh?!? a raid?? hohohoho arent i ready

8. Clown333

Clown333 「Altiora Petamus Volente Deo Lucete Stellae」

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally~!!

9. Kuma Desu

Kuma Desu Holy Architect | Defender of Children | Clozdark's

Reading List:
    Link
    ---------------- Side Mirea, First Day ----------------

I went to Frontier Village to gather some info about Maligno. Well, it would be quite easy to find it on the guard’s office, since he’s a wanted person, but it’s better not to try this method. Just a hunch.

Rather, I went to a place he was around everyday. A certain smithy in the western border of the village.

As soon as I arrived there, I could hear the voice of the person I was looking for.

“Aaaah! Damn! Where’s that freaking cat! Didn’t he said he would bring me more clients when he came back?! Rather, he didn’t even showed up! Argh!” (???)

A loud, angry female voice came from inside the smithy. I quickly found its owner when I entered.

It was a rather short girl with long, black hair. A pair of horns sprouted from the sides of her head, though they were just as long as a dagger.

She was a young bisonkin, an apprentice at the smithy that was friends with Maligno. As she was facing the opposite direction, I called out her.

[You, are you Miss Noa?] (Mirea)

“Huh?” (Noa)

She turned to my direction a bit startled, but soon opened a smile and said.

“Ah, that’s me~ What do you want, dear client~? What are you looking for~?” (Noa)

[I’m looking for Maligno.] (Mirea)

“Eh?” (Noa)

Her smile froze for a bit and she stared at me blankly for a moment before asking.

“What did you said, dear client?” (Noa)

[I’m looking for Maligno.] (Mirea)

“AS IF I WOULD KNOW OF THAT DAMN CAT!” (Noa)

Oh, she snapped.

Is is better to explain the situation, I wonder?

After some minutes of explanation, I finished the resume of the story.

[...and that was it. I wanted to find some clues about his whereabouts, so I figured I could try and check here.] (Mirea)

“If I knew any clue about his whereabouts, I would go personally to smack him. But here I am.” (Noa)

The girl sighed, pouring some tea for her. We were at the moment at some sort of break room in the smithy.

Well, what to do now… this was my only clue for now…

“Don’t make such a obviously depressed face. Here, how about I help you looking around the village?” (Noa)

[Would that be okay? Don’t you have work to do?]

“Don’t worry, nothing I can’t skip.” (Noa)

Noa smiles faintly and sips her tea.

We finished taking our break, and I even got some scrap metals as snack, and started going around the village.

Unfortunately, there wasn’t much information we could get.

We were almost giving up when finally a faint clue appeared by the day’s end.

“You should check at Silia. That cat was friends with a well known smuggler there.” or so said a merchant that was once tricked by Maligno.

By the way, we had to pay back his money to get this information, so I’ll be charging Maligno later.

---------------- Side Maligno, Second Day ----------------

“This damn forest...” (Maligno)

I was at the moment inside Verdant Forest, trying to find my way in the sea of trees.

The reason for this? Well, probably because my Master was last seen here by my very own eyes.

But, most importantly, because of something I heard yesterday.

“Have you heard? The price of the honey will go up...”

“Those damn mongrels! The merchants know no shame, raising their prices as they please?!”

“No, I heard that the thing is a bit more than just the merchants wanting to wring more money from it. A friend of mine said that no one saw any caravan coming from Verdant. It seems that the honey just stopped coming.”

“So the problems are the bears? Damn, it doesn’t changes anything! Human merchant, bearkin merchant! They all just want money!”

“Who knows... ”

When I heard about the bear part, I couldn’t help but get worried, so I rushed in the forest. But, before that, I left a letter to Mirea. I hope she somehow finds it, even if I left with that person...

---------------- Side Kuma, Third Day ----------------

The place I was brought was a jail-like building made in the middle of the razed remains of a village.

Soldiers from the empire walked around leisurely while they guided bearkins to their cages, or carried the corpses of the ones that resisted.

“This was a good harvest.” (Knight)

The knight person that captured me said something like that from time to time while he guarded my cage in special.

I didn’t knew why, but they were raiding the bearkin villages in the border of Verdant and capturing the villagers. This was the fourth one we passed by since I was caught.

“Don’t you think that is a good harvest too, sinner?” (Knight)

I sighed at his question and retorted.

“Why you should care about being friendly with me? I’ll be sold as a slave anyway.” (Kuma)

He started laughing when he heard my answer and shook his head.

“Slave? Haha~ That won’t do… that won’t do at all...” (Knight)

Saying that he started taking of his helmet. Under the helmet was a pretty common face, though a bit scarred. His hair was dark brown and short, his eyes amber colored. But the most important was above his head.

A pair of bear ears.

“... After all, you’ll be one of us.“ (Knight)

---------------- Side Mirea, Fourth Day ----------------

[Hm...]

“What? Didn’t like what you read?” (Goblin)

The fat goblin snorts and looks at me smirking. This goblin was one of Maligno’s acquaintances, and a well known smuggler in a city near Frontier.

HE was the person that handed the new letter Maligno sent to me, informing of his whereabouts. The problem was the contents.

[Verdant Forest… Bearkin’s villages being attacked… sounds troublesome.]

“Shouldn’t you be reporting this to the guild?” (Noa)

The bisonkin girl, Noa, that came with me until here, commented. Reporting was indeed a good idea, but…

[There’s no profit for them, so no reason to report. Besides, we can rescue Kuma by ourselves.]

“If you say so...” (Noa)

As soon as I got out of that place, wrote a short report just in case and sent to the guild. After that I bid farewell to Noa and flew with full speed to where Maligno was.

---------------- Side Alfonse, Fifth Day ----------------

“What’s that? ‘Kuma kidnapped’, ‘bearkins maybe in danger’, ‘help request’... the sender was… Mirea, Maligno? Argh, I had enough with that bunch!” (Alph)

I threw the paper on the nearest fireplace and went back to my pile of paperwork. We got enough problems in hands to worry about those three.

---------------- Side Maligno, Sixth Day ----------------

I was resting in a destroyed house at a raided village when Mirea finally arrived.

“Wao… you came faster than I thought...”

[It’s only the natural. So, where you think Kuma is?]

I shrugged.

“No idea… well, I have one idea. She’s probably at one of those villages. So… you brought that?”

[Yeah, I brought it.]

As she says that, a white ball hops on Mirea’s head. A snow rabbit that Master got in the last raid, Pyon. Luckily, it wasn’t a normal rabbit.

Pyon was able to feel and locate magical energies. Although Mirea was also able to, he seemed to be better at it.

“I can’t believe I’ll be counting on a rabbit to find Master...”

Saying that, we started our ‘bear hunt’.

---------------- Side Mirea, Seventh Day ----------------

It wasn’t before noon when we finally got near the place where Pyon sensed that Kuma was. Though we expected the place to be flooding with soldiers from the Holy Empire, the forest was strangely silent.

We approached warily the village ruins, following Pyon. The rabbit made his way to a square like place in the middle of the village.

There, we found Kuma, seated in the ground peacefully while she stroked the fur of a white cat with black stripes.

“K-Kuma?!” (Maligno)

Maligno was dumbfounded for finding her in such a carefree situation. Although still a bit wary, he approached more and asked again.

“Kuma? Is that you?” (Maligno)

Kuma lifted her face and answered smiling.

“Yep, it’s me. Why did you took so long?” (Kuma)

“You damn bear… just how exactly you fled them?!” (Maligno)

“Hm~ The leader of the place I was went away to meet his superior, and the guards got distracted. The rest you probably know~ I broke out of my cage and fled.” (Kuma)

“That really sounds like you...” (Maligno)

“Hey, cut it out! Anyway, let’s go back home.” (Kuma)

“Home… I’m sure everyone is worried sick about you.” (Maligno)

“No way~~” (Kuma)

I stood silently watching the scene. I didn’t said anything because I noticed something strange with Kuma. She, who should not have any energies inside her, had a bit of holy power, for some reason.

Moreover, a parasite-like being made of holy power dwelling inside her. Kuma looked at me, probably knowing that I noticed and smiled. Her dark brown eyes seemed to turn amber colored for a moment and she said.

“Mirea, let’s go home~ I have so much to talk with you~” (Kuma)

[If you say so...]

I decided to ignore this for now. After all, what worse can happen?

OOC: As you can see, the first part is 'better' since it was when I was still going to continue the SS arc~
    The rest was a bit rushed and half-assed, but I had no time to do it orz
    Anyway, I feel that I should tag @Way just to thank him for the help, even though I gave up in the middle.

10. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Here we go~ This is Jin's Backstory and some side story coming up!! Hope you will like it!! (๑و•̀ω•́)و,
    Jin profile.png

I could hear the raindrops falling
    I could not feel my body as I fall into the pit
    Suddenly I heard a voice

[Die and be reborn into a Demon]

I wanted to move but my body won't listen to me
    Slowly I could feel the soil falling towards me... burying me
    The sound of the rain somewhat calms
    I started to fall asleep into this grave
    Child Jin.jpg
    There was a child considered an eccentric genius to the Academy. It’s not because he was always at the top or excels among others. It was because of his talent that other recognize but something he doesn't even recognize himself.

“Here we have this magic circle which contains errors in its design making it dangerous, is there anyone who can complete this magic circle to make it work,” the teacher said staring at the students. The students which were like children around 10-year-old just keep silent. The magic circle was too complicated for them and even some have answers they are too unsure if they were correct.

“Sigh~ guess I have no choice. Aljenn why don’t you answer this?” the Teacher called out one of the students.
    “Umm… Teacher! Aljenn is sleeping,” one of the students beside Aljenn stated while raising his hand.
    “Then wake him up.”
    “Oi~ Aljenn wake up….” the student nudge the sleeping student.

Aljenn slowly wakes up rubbing his eyes, “….Why?”
    “Teacher calls you to fix the magic circle to the blackboard,” the student explained shortly.
    Aljenn only tilted his head puzzled looking at the blackboard.

“Aljenn if you solve this magic circle, I could let you leave the class,” the teacher persuaded Aljenn.

Aljenn eyes suddenly lit up and he started walking towards the blackboard. His fellow student stared at his back and mumbles but he didn’t even notice this. Without further delay, Aljenn only stared at the magic circle for a short minute of time and he already started fixing the magic circle. As if to look for approval after he finished, he looks upturned towards the teacher.

“Hmmm… excellent you did well. It’s perfect you can go,” the teacher smiled amazed. Aljenn quickly bowed his head and leave the class with a small smile.

“Wow… did he just answered it quickly?”
    “Isn’t he just sleeping just now…?”
    “It can’t help that guy is a genius and rich.”
    “Bet… we are not even in his eyes.”
    “Well, his parents are both renowned instructors... It’s to be expected”
    “Ah~ so jealous he got his life so easy for him”
    The student started to mumble and gossip about the strange event done by the leaving student.

Meanwhile, Aljenn was happily skipping towards the library. As he entered, he quickly started to pick up many books and started to read them.

“Hehehe, there are some new books arrived.” Aljenn started to flip one of the books, “This spell seems interesting need to analyze it… The other one looks kinda familiar to it let’s compare it” Aljenn keep on mumbling while writing in his black notebook with golden dragon embedded in it.

Several hours later, a librarian enters the door seeing Aljenn’s head peeking in the pile of books, “Oh~ you’re still here it’s already late. Why don’t you go home so I can close the library” he stated.

Aljenn raises his head, “Sorry….” He started to run towards the bookcase returning all the books he was taken.

“You don’t have to run…!” the librarian said trying to calm the energetic kid.
    “Thank you!!!” Aljenn shouted as he finished cleaning up and runs towards the exit. He heads home skipping and humming happily in a great mood.

…..
    ……..

Aljenn arrives at a large house. It was pretty simple with two stories and a small backyard. He opens the door with a big smile, “I'M HOME!!!!”

“Mom mom… listen to today my teach…” he said happily.
    “ALJENN!! Why did you get these score!?” his mother said in rage pushing a piece of paper to his face.
    “Umm… this is..?” Aljenn stared at the paper, ‘Isn’t this my alchemy test results..?’
    “YOU ONLY GET THIS KIND OF RESULTS! You should have done better!”
    “But mom… the teacher just makes us memorize the compounds without even explaining them…”
    “IT’S BECAUSE OF YOU DOING THIS STUPID STUFF THAT YOU’RE DISGRACING ME!” his mother argued not listening to his plea. She suddenly took a notebook showing it to him. “See this stupid doodles of yours…this taking your time in focusing on your studies.”

His mother started tearing up the notebook apart pieces by pieces. He could only stare silent wide-eyed shock from what happens.

“Go back to your room, you’re a smart child don’t ever disgrace me,” his mother stared at him with disappointment. Aljenn just silently walk speechless and headed to his room.

He quickly flops his body the bed feeling lifeless. ‘…eh, what just happen..?’
    Before he notices it tears fall to his eyes, ‘Damn... Am I idiotic? Why does my chest hurt… I hate this feeling.’ He stares quietly at the window. Aljenn just started slowly to head towards and suddenly jump outside. The height was only two-story, he only uses the floating magic automatically to not get injured.

He started to run aimlessly wanting to clench to his chest. Suddenly he feels something hit his head.

“….?” He looks down and sees a small stone. He touches his forehead and fell a bit of blood. As he finally realized, he notices that he was in the forest.

“Kekeke”
    He noticed laughing sounds, as he looks there were Goblins laughing at him and mocking him while swinging their stick. He touches his face feeling the wetness of his tears falling out, ‘Ah… I was crying, I might look funny to this monsters’

Suddenly a laughter emerges in his stomach, “Hahaha I’m really pathetic even mobs are looking down at me hahaha” he said while clenching his stomach laughing out loud more tears falling in his eyes.

“….ke ke?” the goblins were puzzled, suddenly they feel their spine shiver from fear.
    “Ah... thank you~ cause of you guys, I feel kinda better” he slowly moves upright grinning scarily. “As thanks, I’ll play with guys~”

The goblins were scared unable to move seeing the child's smile was horrifying. They notice that child started to mumble weird words and the surrounding started to heat up. Before they could even run, a large fire started to circle them around blocking their exit together with the child.

‘Ah... that’s right I just need to forget about this pain, I just need to find a distraction right’
    , He smiled while chanting. Lightning started to emit of his body while every step he makes freezes the ground.

He looks at the goblins tilting his head, “Then shall we play?” he smiled madly at the goblins like a demon.

Child Jin grin.jpg
    Chapter 2: White Hope [10 years old]
    Chapter 3: Encounter to Ordeals [11 years old]

Chater 4 - 8: Completed
    KNIGHTHOOD ARC
    MERCENARY ARC
    Arrival on Guild: First Day [Aeternus]
    SSE1: Town Building: Askian Village: Day 1 to Day 3
    SSE2: First Raid Event: Far East Continent: [J1][J2][J3][J4][J5][N6][P7][K8][N9][J10][J11][K12][J13][K14][K15][K16][J17][K18][K19][J20][F21][J22][J23][J24][J25][J26][J27][J28][J29][J30]
    SSE3: First failure in quest mission after story

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  11. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
  12. udonsage

udonsage [Underpaid Software Developer] [Lazy Novelist]

Reading List:
    Link
    Another book was toss onto the pile of rubbish, not one of them was any help to him. The sunlight penetrated his senses, reminding him it was now morning.
    He washes his face, seeing his red tired eyes. Not a hint of youth remained in his face. Only the rough outline of a man stare back at him in the mirror: broken and empty.
    Taking a book in hand, he heads towards the room where Sayuri’s body lie. The machines greeted him with the sounds of liquids pulsing through the tubes, into Sayuri’s various body parts. The beeping sounds from the adjacent machine sent both comfort and a reminder for his heart.
    Her hair fallen to the side again, covering her closed eyelids. Her face was a lot paler than her usual bright smile he remembered seeing. Her hands were cold to touch; so he wraps his fingers gently into her hand, hoping to give her some warmth inside this room.
    The glasses she kept and other belongings lie beside her inside the end table drawer. A meadow colored comb and feather decorated necklace lie on top of the end table, both created by Jean.
    Touching the sharp feathers and square pedant joint, he felt at ease for once. He always wondered if she kept his necklace safe, now he knows she did so but the damages were clear evidence of time spent separated. The old writing he inscribed upon the necklace has faded for the most part except for his first name and a few numbers. The dark red beads were now lighter and crack from weathered conditions. The lace that string the necklace together was now blue color instead of the original black, possibly a replacement for the original lace.
    He places the necklace back down on the end table and picks up the comb. The bright flower pattern on the comb has chipped of parts of it, resembling a single flower instead of the original 4. Parts of the tooth of the comb had broken off with only a few of them left. A sigh leaked from his mouth looking at both of them.
    Jean placed the comb back down and pulls out a small box with a necklace with a shape similar to that of a hawk. The condition of the necklace was clean and pristine compared to Sayuri’s necklace. Needless to say, he didn’t usually take it out unless he was on a date with Sayuri.
    Soon the time turns into hours then days, he remained by her side not leaving the room once other than getting food. The companions he had with him tried to cheer him up but to no success.
    Kain was sick of it already seeing Jean with those clouded eyes and silent heart. He wasn’t going to let Jean wither away like this, not like this.
    “Jean…Jean?” He spoke a few times to get Jean’s attention yet no response was ever given, not even a glance. Jean continued to hold Sayuri hand as if keeping it warm would help her get out of her deep slumber.
    “You’re a coward, a noisy bird with broken wings as words.” Kain shouted “The light won’t shine on a shitty jerk who couldn’t save his girlfriend from a pedantic asshole of a friend. Bet you that bitch-”
    Jean grabs Kain by the collar. “Watch your tongue!”
    “Make me!” Kain replied.
    “If you guys are going to cause a scene, might I suggest to take this outside and not in a patient’s room?” Doctor Okuma said, glaring at the two of them.
    The two of them departed from the room and entered the courtyard with a small stream of water and a bunch of flowers here and there. A stone pillar was enacted towards the center of the courtyard but it was surprising this mansion had a courtyard to begin with, at least this part of Aeternus.
    “No rules, just make sure to knock out the other person.” Kain said holding his fists in a boxing stance.
    “Fine by me!” Jean threw the first punch directed at Kain’s right shoulder, barely missing it by a hair. The air tensed up as Kain directed his blow against Jean’s body, sending him across the courtyard.
    Jean picks himself up and dusts himself off. He felt the air tensed up again, the punch aiming at him. Jean slams his own fist against Kain’s arm, twisting it in a weird weird way while at the same time sent a clean hit towards Kain’s mouth.
    The blow left Kain stagger left and right until he regained his balance. He spits out the blood that came from his broken tooth.
    “You done it now!” Kain pulls out a knife from his side and slash it at Jean, aiming for his throat. A blue aura shines around Jean’s hand and an outline of a sword appears in his hands, blocking the knife attack.
    “Hah, its looks like I have the upper hand now.” A bright glow flows from his sword and bursts out as soon as he slashes down in a vertical swing, the burst of air slashes forward like a shooting start heading for its target.
    “Don’t forget about my power, brat!” Kain’s arm was covered by a dense white aura that covered all the way to his finger tips, he pulls his fist back and springs his fist forward, colliding against the path of the wind strike, shattering it to nothing more than a light breeze.
    “Take this!” Jean dashes forward to meet Kain and Kain did the same, Kain’s fist and Jean’s sword clashed against each other. A loud bang sound roared in the courtyard and a huge blast formed behind the both of them. Mina’s barrier around the courtyard collapsed completely.
    Jean’s sword was now nothing more than air, the same with Kain’s power fist. They were back to square one, punching the living day lights out of each other.
    The minutes passed and finally they fell from exhaustion. The bruises and wounds each of them have were not light at all. Jean wince from the pain, his arm felt like concrete and he couldn’t move it to get up.
    At that moment, all of the fear and pain came rushing back to Jean he had to endure these past 3 years being apart from Sayuri. The betrayal of his best friend and now this pain.
    Hot tears stream down Jean’s face as the sadness overwhelms his entire being. He moved his hands over his eyes and tries to stop the tears from falling but he couldn’t, it was just too much for him to bear.
    [​IMG]
    A few minutes pass and the stars shines steady above them. They both lay there in silence. Kain glances at Jean to confirm he was no longer crying.
    “We have to take it all back, all of our money and friends. We can’t leave a single scrap behind for them.”
    “…” Jean remain in silence thinking about what more Kain had to say.
    “They are the ones who betray us, okay? We’re fine, you and I. But Not them! Those Seven Leaf bastards think they can return to their world safely? Hah, like we are going to give them that satisfaction. No we are going to send them to hell, even if we have to become devils to do it!” Kain remorse.
    “To defeat evil, we must become a greater evil. Huh.” Jean mutters under his breath.
    “Exactly!” Kain replied with a sorrowful grin. “We will knock those bastards down until the earth is dye red with their agony.”
    “…” Jean’s silence was his way of agreeing, he was already in pain beyond relief. He might as share the pain around.

(OOC: Had to rush this to know where Jean stands morally and emotionally in his character arc before posting in the raid.)
    [Edit]
    [1,288 words in total, this will probably happen a few days before the raid in Jean's timeline]

13. JinVodka

Reading List:
    Link
    ADVENTURE ARC
    [SS: ASKIAN NOMADS
    Askian Nomads is a nomad composed of dog Kobold. Since that last quest where I saved them. I have taken responsibility and act as their guardian. I ask Boss Shad for permission to take care of them.

"Good day Boss!! I found a Kobold nomad while I was doing a quest they are harmless. Can I please take responsibility!"
    Shadow nods. "Hmm, I don't mind. In fact, I think I also save a kobold namads once. But their nomad is done for, so I bring them all to the Frontier Nomads. You can either do the same as me or give them some sort of proof that they are under the Guild's protection. It's fine. I do recommend making them move closer to the Frontier Village since the place is like a small town for demi-human. Heck, the chief is a female kobold."
    "Thanks, I'll bring them to the frontier... THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!"

As the Guild Master advice, I went to the frontier to survey some free lands and inform the demi-humans living there. They gladly accepted and some even volunteer in helping build the hamlet. I excitedly head to the Askian Nomads informing the news.

"I have ask our Guild Master that I would be your benefactor. Boss Shad suggested I take you to the frontier. The place is safer and there are alot of neighbor demi-humans" I said persuading the elder Askian Kobold.
    "Oh~ that seems likes a good idea. The frontier seems like a safer place... I will gladly agree" Schnauzer said with a smile

The Askian Kobolds was composed of 10 old Kobolds, 16 adults, and 14 younglings. They don't have many essentials or sentiments towards their old home. So they gladly pack up and move out. Since I have saved them, the Askian Kobolds have given their whole trust to me.

I escorted the Askian Kobolds passing through the Great Plains towards the frontier. We make a long procession carrying all the necessities and essentials leaving their home towards a new beginning.

I have made sure to guard the defenseless Kobolds while we travel. Luckily there is no accident or any attacks.
    As we arrived at the frontier, we were welcomed by the demi-humans residents with open arms. The elders started to talk formalities and introduce each other.

I and the male adult Kobolds started to make the houses with the fellow demi-human residents. As the time pass by the hamlet started to emerge. The women Kobolds started to pick houses and unpack their baggage while the children starts to run around and play with their new neighbors.

When the sunset comes, the frontier becomes lively due to the welcoming party. The view was beautiful, I feel my heart healed seeing this event.
    As I visited the newly Askian home and notice the Kobolds idling around. I search for the Kobolds children, I save from my previous quest.

I saw Bernard watching his sister feeding the rabbits we took from the Great Plains.
    "MASTER VODKA!! Good day!! Do you need anything?" Bernard runs towards me wagging his tail. His sister Sanie was immersed in feeding the rabbit that she didn't notice my arrival.

"Hmm... May I ask what are Askians gonna do today?"
    "Well I and Sanie are taking care of the rabbits, while the others are idling around"
    "What? don't you have any other works to do?" I ask perplexed.
    "Well, the adults are not gonna hunt cause there is still food stock.. so they are just chilling!!" Bernard said happily.

I facepalmed, they really are to peace loving that they don't want to do anything. They only survive by hunting and picking foods in the forest. Guess I have no choice but to teach the Kobolds some livelihood.

"Elder!! I have a suggestion!!" I shouted while intruding to Elder Schnauzer. "Right. now the hamlet is in danger. Askian is no longer in the Great Plains but the Frontier. In short, there is much competition for the surrounding hunts and food. Rather than doing nothing, we should try to work so every day will be fruitful"
    "Oh... you're right, That does make sense" Elder Schnauzer stroke his beard, "So what should we do?"

I decided to ask the elder Schnauzer to gather all the adults. I teach the adults all different type of job needed in the hamlet. We started to discuss who will be the farmer, herders, hunter, gatherer, tailor or wood-cutter. The Kobolds decided their respective jobs.

I went to Delta town together with 10 adult Kobolds to do some shopping. Buying some tools, animals, and seeds. The adult Kobolds that left behind are to survey lands to cultivate and prepare the houses for the farm animals.

The animals that are were chosen are Sheep for wool, Cows for milk, and Chickens for eggs. I also choose fast growing seeds such as radishes, lettuce, carrots, squash, and potatoes. Tools take were bought were farming tools, wood ax, and other tools. I spend almost 100 gold but I didn't mind.

The other Kobolds that stayed luckily have done the finish the barn and houses for the animals. It seems the neighbor demi-humans help and guide them on how to plan it. The neighbors also help by teaching the Kobolds how to do the works with me.

We started to allocate the animals and let them grazed in the grassland while the Kobold Herders watch and guard them. The Kobold Farmers started plowing the fields and planting the seeds.

Night arrives, and all the work has finished...
    All of us were tired but there was the sense of fulfillment in our eyes...
    "PLEASE TEACH US HOW TO FIGHT!!" Bernard exclaimed at me while I was helping the farmers.
    "Hahaha Bernard you're really energetic early in the morning" the Kobold Farmer laughs
    "Go Master Vodka... were just fine here.." one of Farmer stated.
    "Umm... Ok then" I said walking following Bernard as he leads the way.

Bernard guided me towards his house where Sanie is waiting at the door.
    "Brother!!" Sanie shouted hugging Bernard. "Did Master Vodka accepted...?"
    "Not yet... I'm just going to explain it" Bernard said. "Come inside Master Vodka have a sit"
    I sit on the chair which is smaller than me. I just nod at him to continue.

"Well, you see I wanted to do something to protect our home... Seeing Master Vodka doing so much for us... I wanted to show my gratitude volunteering to fight by your side!!!" Bernard said with eyes burning of determination.
    "Me too!!" Sanie bows
    "Hmm... let me think" as I touch my chin. 'I don't really need followers cause I can fight alone. But the Askians also needs combat forces to protect them.'

"Please~" the two Kobolds stared at me with teary eyes.
    "Ah... I get it, I give up. Well first let decide what class you should pick. I'm gonna make some questions and you have to answer it"
    "OKAY!!" Bernard shouted while Sanie only nodded.
    "Wait? Do guys even know how to read?" I ask and when I see they shake their head. I have no choice but to teach them how to read and write before I could even discuss what class are available for them.

.......Several days later

"Hmm... seems like you guys have decided what class you want." I nodded seeing their written report, "Hmm... your pick Druid suited you Sanie"
    "Thank you Master Vodka", Sanie shyly smile while covering her eyes with her ears. From what I observed Sanie like to take care of animals and do gardening. Support class suited for the calm and caring Kobold girl like her.

"Umm. Bernard, why did you chose Archer? I thought you would like being a front liner" I ask pondering. Bernard seems like the type to do action first and quite energetic.
    "Of course melee class are nice but I still decided to be an Archer. If I'm an Archer I can support my friends and help anyone when they are in pinch!!" Bernard said standing proudly.
    "Wow!! that's amazing for you" I said shock with awe.
    "Hehehe, plus as an Archer I could see Master Vodka skills in a safe distance!!" Bernard said with thumbs up.
    ".........." I was silent, 'This is Kobold is opportunistic, his suitable leader'

I started to look at the last Kobold. He was dragged by Bernard to join us and he was his bestfriend. The guy sleeps a lot, so Bernard and Sanie have to take good care of him a lot.

"Your name is Lavri right, seems like you chose Rogue class it seems fit to you" I spoke, even if Lavri was low energy type. When he started to move he was agile and flexible. he even erases his presence by suddenly appearing.
    "......" Lavri slowly opens his eyes and look at me as he slowly nods.
    I started to flip my notebook to search for skills suited for their each class.

"Okay, today I'm gonna teach you the skills you need to get your respective class... Hope you will listen carefully" I said
    "ROGER MASTER VODKA!!" Bernard shouted while saluting.
    "....I'll do my best" Sanie said in small voice.
    ".....understood" Lavri calmly replied.

..... After a month of training

"Excellent now you guys have fully learned your skills. Come with me to Delta Town lets buy some equipment for you to wear," I said as I pat their heads.
    "HURAAAAYYY!!!!" Bernard jump in joy. While Sanie gives a shy smile and Lavri just was sleeping while standing.

.......Delta Town

As we arrived at the Blacksmith, I recommended the equipment suited to the Kobold Children. Seeing them enjoying themselves and full excitement make me smile. Even Lavri the quiet one has his tail wagging from picking up a Kodachi.

"Okay seems like you have chosen all your equipment why don't you wear it," I said with a smile.
    "OKAYY!!!!" the Kobolds children shouted and headed to the dressing room.

Several minutes later they appeared fully geared.
    Followers.jpg
    ((Colored Image in my sig))

"Nice you look ready, from now own I'm going to bring you to my quest to increase your experience. I have 4 rules.
    1. Just listen to my commands but you should also decide what is for the best. You need to voice out your ideas.
    2. Don't go too far away from me without my permission.
    3. Don't stress yourself, sometimes you just have to think positive and follow your instincts.
    4. Always put your own lives in priority, run away if you feel that your endanger.
    And lastly no matter I will always there to protect you..."

"We understood Master Vodka sob" Sanie started to cry tears of joy
    "Geez, Sanie don't cry... Don't worry will do our best!!" Bernard reassured.
    "....I will comply and ingrained those commands in my mind" Lavri said while kneeling on one knee.

Well, I'm glad they accepted but Lavri is being weird here.
    I started to look at the distance as I promise to teach these kids and make them strong.

"From now own you guys are called Askian Rangers. Your task is to become strong and absorb all the knowledge I gave you" I said as I take off my helmet and give them my best smile.

"YES!!!" the 3 Kobolds' children eyes glimmered with joy. They will never forget what has been given to them and shall offer their eternal loyalty.

OOC: Finally done with Askian Hamlet Building about 1860 words in Remoster format...
    This will cover the story of the Kobolds Askain Rangers that follows Jin in his quest...​

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    ((A SS that should happen a bit before the raid... I kinda procrastinated too much in making it though... >.>

In any case, it's not as big as usual! Only 5000-6000 words! (I forgot the exact number and I'm too lazy to put it on word again. xD))

A house in the woods, the door opened and a cake was cut. Dolls flied through the air, while dancing they became women and kissed. Coughs resounded, a wolf was freed, it was cold, the coughs continued and blood feel on the beds sheets. Cries, crying sounds came as the dolls just watched the blood spread.

Hikari woke up, the coughs came again while Hikari tried to calm down... What was this dream...?

Hikari doesn't understand... Hikari feels like it isn't the first time she has weird dreams... But Hikari can't really remember what happened on them... Is this because of Hikari's lost memories? Or is it normal to not remember dreams... Hikari is unsure...

*bam*

Eh? What is... A bat? On Hikari's window...? Why?

The bat kept on flying and hitting on Hikari's window again and again... Hmmm... Hikari isn't sure, but... Maybe Hikari should let it in?

Opening the window, the bat flew until Hikari's hand, and then dissolved where it was... Eh? Paper? What is... Oh, it's a letter... Who would send something like this though? *tilts head*

Hikari opened the letter to take a look at its contents.

Dear Hikari,

I hope this letter reached you safely, how are you doing? Did you meet your family? I hope so, I can't watch what you are doing from this far away, so I can only trust in you to make things work out on your own.

Are your coughs getting worse? Please take care of yourself, I don't know if you found anything that might help you, but I will keep on praying for the best. Make sure to try what you can too.

Now, as much as I want to simply send a letter how well you are, the meaning for me to write this for you is another...

There is... A doll house, in the middle of the Rainforest Vale, and... Someone that was important for you in the past lives there.

By no means you are obliged to go there, but I thought I should tell you, that person would be very happy to see you one more time.

If you wish to go, just let fate guide you, Remi will be sure to help you arrive at your destination, if not. It's fine as well, meeting someone to tell them of your current condition probably won't be the nicest of all experiences, so I understand if you might want to avoid it...

In any case, I hope you have been enjoying your days since you got back, make sure to make the fullest of each day.

With love,
    Patchy.

PS: If you want to reply to the letter, just write your reply on the other side of this paper, once you fold it, the bat will go back to the mansion.

A letter from Patchy-chan... Visiting someone is... Why didn't Patchy-chan say anything else about the person in question!? >.<

Patchy-chan was way too mysterious! Hikari doesn't know what she wants with it!!!

... Hmmm... Maybe Patchy-chan just wanted to let Hikari have the freedom to choose...? Yeah, it could be that... Uhm! Then Hikari will go! Hikari doesn't know who is there, but Hikari thinks that she should try meeting people that cared for Hikari!

Then, to write a reply... Pick a feather, ink and... Write on the back of the paper...

Dear Patchy-chan!

Thanks for writing! Hikari is really happy to receive a letter from Patchy-chan!

Hikari's coughs got a bit worse, but they are still somewhat manageable... Hikari didn't found her family yet though... Hikari will keep trying to find them however! Hikari won't give up!

As for visiting... Hikari will give it a shot! Please take care of Hikari on the way then!

With tons of love,
    Hikari!

Okay, now we fold it and... It became a bat again! And... It flied away... It's quite the practical magic...

Well, Hikari should get ready then! Hikari took a bath, changed herself, went downstairs on the inn and after eating breakfast, went out towards the guild airships...

"Ano... Could Hikari-" *cough cough cough* "get an airship ride to the Rainforest Vale...?"

"To the Rainforest Vale? Isn't that bad for a sick person like you? Being under the rain can make your coughs worse, you know?"

"Hikari has... Someone she needs-" *cough cough* "meet in there... Please... Let Hikari go..."

"Well, when you talk like this it's hard to say no... Rather, I don't have the authority to stop a guild staff from going where they wish to anyway, just... Take care of yourself, okay?"

"Ha-hai! Hikari will-" *coughs* "try to not overdo it!" *smiles brightly*

"Okay then, hop aboard, we'll take you there!"

"Okay!"

Hikari got into the airship and it started going to the forest... On the way there Hikari could feel the gazes from the people that worked on the airship, they were... Pitiful... Hikari wasn't used to receiving this kind of gaze... It didn't feel well with Hikari...

It took a while to get there, but Hikari didn't have much of an option, so Hikari just gazed the surroundings while trying to not mind the people around... It was pretty... Hikari hoped she could still see this kind of sight more times before she is gone... Hikari wonders if she saw things similar to this with her family before... It must've been nice...

The blue of the sky filled Hikari's sight, Hikari stretched her hand as if she could catch a cloud, it got closer, closer and closer... Eh? No, Hikari is the one closer, but... How?
    Hikari turned around and saw a blond woman hugging her, Hikari looked down and they were both flying, Hikari felt... Happy, calm, and... Smiling, Hikari was happy to have Mama with her... Mama flew, higher and higher, Hikari left the world and saw the sea of stars... It's so pretty... Can Hikari touch the stars now if she tries...?

"Hikari? Wake up, we're at the forest."

"... Eh? Hikari is...?"

"On an airship, you asked us to take you to the Rainforest Vale and you fell asleep on the way."

"Right... Then it was... A dream? Hikari feels-" *cough cough* "it was a really nice dream though... Oh, thank you for taking Hikari though!" *bows*

"Don't mention it, do you know when you'll be back? We can wait for you if you won't take long."

*shakes head* "Hikari doesn't know how long she'll take, nor-" *cough cough cough* "if she'll go back by airship or some other way, so don't worry about Hikari!"

"Alright, take care!"

Hikari waved goodbye to them as they left... Hikari hoped she wouldn't need to take the airship actually, since Hikari didn't want to feel those gazes again... Hikari doesn't think she should ask Yukari-sama to make a gap back to the guild if she has other options though... Hmmm... Hikari will decide it when Hikari needs to come back!

Now, what to do...? Patchy-chan said on her letter that Remilia-sama would help Hikari reach the doll house... Does that mean Hikari should just wander aimlessly around the forest and that Hikari will somehow reach it? It doesn't feel right though...

Suddenly Hikari felt a faint force pulling her to the South... That should be Remilia-sama's power... Though Hikari didn't ask for it this time? Is it really okay for Remilia-sama to act like that? Ran-sama told Hikari that gods can't act directly on the world, and that they always need a medium... Then why is Hikari being affected directly...? Maybe because of Hikari's blessing? Hikari should ask Ran-sama later...

Hikari followed the way she was being pulled towards, after a while, Hikari felt like she should turn back... As if she really shouldn't go that way... Hikari wasn't sure of why... Hikari kept on following the pulling power though, even if the feeling of needing to turn back kept on getting stronger and stronger.

After a while Hikari reached a house... It didn't look like a doll house though? It was a completely normal house... Hikari walked towards the door though, and then knocked on it a few times.

Hikari waited for a bit, but no reply came... Maybe Hikari should knock again...?

A doll suddenly came out of one of the windows, it stayed still for a moment and then rushed back really quickly... Is this a house with only dolls in it?

*BAM* The door opened with a loud noise and while Hikari turned towards it again, Hikari felt herself being lifted from the ground into a hug.

"HIKARI! You're alive! I can't believe you're still alive! I was so sure you were gone when I saw the ruins of the house! What took you so long to come here!? You should've come right away you idiot! I'm so so so soooo glad to see you well!!!!!!"

"Ah-ah-ah-ah!? Hi-Hi-Hikari doesn't know who-" *cough cough* "you are though?"

"You... Don't? Hikari quit with the... No... Your eyes aren't lying..." *puts Hikari back on the ground* *sighs* "Come in, explain things to me once we're inside please..."

The woman that had opened the door and hugged Hikari had blond hair and was wearing a blue dress with a white cardigan, she looked really happy to see Hikari, but really distressed when Hikari said she lost her memories... Though Hikari already expected that a bit...

The inside of the house was pretty neat and clean, it seemed really well organized with lots of books and... Many many dolls all over the house, some were just staying still, while others were moving, cleaning and organizing things... It was a really amazing sight.

The woman sat on a chair in front of a table and gestured me to sit down on another that was right in front of hers, atop the table and on the surroundings were lots of doll-making materials being collected by the dolls that were flying around.

"I'm sorry for the mess that this is in... I just didn't expect any visits... So... Could you explain things to me Hikari?"

"Ri-right... Uhn... Hikari lost her memories, got some basic-" *cough cough cough* "things taught to her by Ran-sama, then went back to the guild, until Hikari ended up meeting Remilia-sama, Sakuya-sama and Patchy-chan, Hikari stayed there for a bit-" *coughs* "before she left back to the guild and then Hikari received a letter from Patchy-chan telling Hikari to try going to the-" *cough cough* "doll house to meet a person that cared for Hikari... So now Hikari is here... Uhn... Does that make sense? Hikari could say more-" *cough cough* "But Hikari is having a hard time speaking for long... Hikari is sorry..."

She looked at Hikari with a troubled face before making a sigh and speaking up...

"This... Certainly wasn't what I expected when I saw you in front of the door, but... Well, first things first, my name is Alice. If you met Patchy before, then you probably know a bit about Marisa, right?" Hikari nodded at her. "Well, just like Patchy, I was Marisa's lover, and since I lived nearby, I ended up visiting you and her quite often. So we were pretty close in the past."

"A-Alice-san, Patchy-chan and Marisa-san were all...?"

"Yeah, don't worry too much about it... It's already over anyway... In any case, I'm happy that you visited Hikari, I guess Patchy told you nothing about me?"
    Hikari nodded again. "Well, as you can see I'm a dollmaker, I'm also a Witch and... You felt like my own child to me Hikari.

I don't know how much you were told about your past, but... After Marisa died, you kept on her house, day after day, you kept on that place watching over her grave... A monster was rising from its slumber and you had to leave... But you kept there, not caring one bit about what was going to happen..."
    Alice-san lowered her head and started trembling. "I felt... Angry... And powerless... To not be able to take you with me, away from there... I even offered you my home, which had a different kind of protection spell, so it was safe from the monster's attacks... Yet you kept there...

I was happy to see you come though."
    Alice-san raised her head and smiled a tired smile towards Hikari "I still am, even if you don't know me, I'm still happy to have you here... Thanks for visiting Hikari."

"Hi... Hikari doesn't know-" *cough cough cough* "what to say..."

"There is no need to say anything..."
    *pats her head* "I just wished to tell you how I felt... More importantly... What's up with those coughs?"

"The coughs? They are just a small cold, Alice-san shouldn't-"
    *cough cough* "worry too much about them..."

"A cold...? Then why is your Mana shaking and becoming unstable with each cough?"

"Hi-Hikari's Mana is!? Tha-that is-"
    *cough cough cough* "because..."

"That much is plenty... You know, I felt it when you went through my barriers, but there is no Mana on your body right now, is there? It's... Holy Energy? That's what it felt like."

"Ah... Hikari really hasn't..."

"Uhum, and you were so worried about hiding it that you didn't even notice the blunder, right? So... What are the coughs about?"

"Ah... Right... Hikari really... Sorry... Hikari didn't-"
    *cough cough* "want to worry Alice-san, so Hikari would rather avoid saying anything..."

"Just like Marisa... Well, I already know it now though, so you might as well tell me the whole thing? Otherwise, I'll just think of the worst case scenario."

"Um... Uhm. Hikari... Hikari is dying. Hikari became an avatar of-" *coughs* "Sagume-sama when freeing Fenrir-sama... Hikari's body couldn't handle it though, so... Hikari is now like this..."

"... You know... How similar can you be to her?"

"Huh?"

"Hiding the truth from the people that worry about you, sacrificing yourself for the sake of others without a care in the world, and then getting sick and dying as the consequence of your very actions... It's pathetic. What kind of stupid person would sacrifice themselves whimsically like that!? What about those that love you!? What about those that YOU love!? What about them!? Is Fenrir more important than them!? Are those villagers that she saved more important than us!? Why the hell would you simply die for something as stupid as this?!"

"Ah-ah Hi-Hi-Hikari is..."

Alice-san hit the palm of her hand on her face and seemed to shake a lot... Is she... Is Alice-san crying...?

"Hi.. Hikari is-"
    *cough cough* "sorry... Hikari doesn't know what happened to Alice-san before... But Hikari did what Hikari thought she should... What Hikari wanted to do herself... So, even if-" *cough cough cough* "Hikari is sad about dying... Hikari doesn't regret what Hikari did."

"Of... Of course... You'd never regret it... There is no way you would... You never regret anything do you...?" Alice-san looked at Hikari with a really pained face... Hikari felt really hurt seeing that, but...

"Alice-san... Isn't Alice-san overlapping-" *coughs* "Marisa-san with Hikari?"

"... Huh?"

"Alice-san said that Hikari was similar to Marisa-san... Hikari can't-"
    *cough cough cough* "say anything about it because Hikari doesn't remember Marisa-san... But Alice-san seems really really sad, and seems to be-" *cough cough* "saying Hikari would or would not do things... But Hikari isn't the Hikari Alice-san knew, Hikari is different now, Hikari doesn't know how Hikari was in the past, but Hikari is-" *coughs* "trying to enjoy what life Hikari still has left in her. Hikari is Hikari and only Hikari, Hikari isn't someone else or a shadow of someone else-" *cough cough* "Hikari is just Hikari, and whatever Hikari did, was out of Hikari's own desire to do it. Hikari hopes Alice-san can accept that."

Alice-san just looked at Hikari for a while... And then... Started laughing?

"Of course... I'm sorry Hikari, I... I think I'm just..."
    *deep breath* "It's just hard, you know? Seeing the people we love fade before our eyes? I went through that once, and it was already plenty... I didn't expect to see it happening again.

Though I guess it's the norm for many people to see it happening many times over their lives... I'm just unused to be around people that actually age or that have something that could endanger their lives around them."

"Hikari thinks she understands... When Hikari got to know Hikari would die, Hikari-" *cough cough* "tried accepting it... And... Hikari really felt that... She didn't want to see anyone else dying, Hikari hopes that, if anyone on the guild is to die, that they do it after Hikari-" *cough cough cough* "is already gone... So as to not let Hikari suffer for them as well..."

"Hmmm, right... To think that you're worrying about this kind of thing... It's nice to see you have grown up since then.

On another note... The guild you said? It's the Adventurer's Guild that stays on the plains I guess? Were you able to make some friends in it?"

"Hikari has some friends... The people on the guild are really nice-"
    *coughs* "to Hikari overall, Hikari isn't sure if they see who Hikari is, or who Hikari was, but Hikari is happy to be near them.

Though Hikari heard from Yukari-sama and-"
    *cough cough* "Ran-sama that Hikari also became part of a family while on the guild... Hikari hasn't met them yet though..."

"Family!? Well, that was... It surely was unexpected... I wonder if that was what kept you from visiting for so long... Though that stupid turtle was around for quite some time, so maybe you just hadn't had the opportunity...

It's no use worrying about it though, the past you isn't you after all... I hope you can meet your family at least, it would be terrible to not be able to say goodbye..."

"Yeah... Hikari hopes so-"
    *cough cough cough* "too... Hey, Alice-san... Do you think Hikari is a bad person?"

"A bad person...? Why this kind of question?"

"Because... Hikari has been going to the guild almost-"
    *cough cough cough cough* "everyday... Hikari's entire family is on the guild... Why doesn't they come meet-" *cough cough cough* "Hikari? Why do they keep-" *cough cough cough cough cough* "away from Hikari... Why can't Hikari-" *cough cough cough* "meet them already...?"

Hikari felt tears filling *cough cough cough* Hikari's cheeks, it was hurting, Hikari's entire *cough cough cough cough* body was hurting... It was *cough cough cough cough cough* hard to think...

"Hikari... Would a bad person get this sad because they couldn't meet the family they don't even know?"

"Eh? What-"
    *cough cough cough cough* "does Alice-san mean...?"

"I mean what I just said... Would a bad person really care this much about others? About others that they don't even know?

Hikari, why did you come here in the first place? Why did you come to the middle of the forest to meet a woman you knew nothing about? Was it because you felt you should? Was it because you'd be happy meeting someone that cared for you? Or was it... Because you wanted me to know you were alive, but dying... To let me know about you, and that your time was counted... Because you thought I deserved to know of it?

Does this kind of action... Seems like the action of bad person?"

"But... But then why-"
    *cough cough cough* "can't Hikari meet them...?"

"I don't know... Maybe... They're crying? They're sad because the person they loved now know nothing about them? Because they are scared of your reaction when you see them?

I was... Unsure on what to do or say when you said you didn't knew me... Rather, I wasn't even sure on how should I feel about it... But you know, for quite some time, I was sure you were dead. It came as a surprise to me to know you were still alive... It was a nice feeling, paired up with a sense of loss for knowing you didn't know me...

How would someone that was truly close to you these last months react to that? Would they really be well? I don't know how I would react on their shoes, it was already shocking enough for me... Maybe they're in denial, wanting to believe it's all a lie, or a dream... Don't go pushing the blame on yourself Hikari, if you can't meet them, it's probably their fault, and your past self's fault.

You shouldn't give up, keep trying to find them, try to contact them, don't feel satisfied with just waiting, they might not even know you want to meet right now... Even if you don't know the how to, try to discover it and move forward... Your time is limited, so make use of it, alright?"
    *gently smiles while caressing Hikari's cheeks*

"U-u-uuuwaaaa-"
    *cough cough cough* "Hi-Hikari wants to meet her family... Hikari-" *cough cough* "wants to know who were the people that-" *cough cough cough* "took her in when she had no one to rely on..."

"Uhum, I know"
    *hugs Hikari* "I'm sure they want to meet you as well, they're probably just confused with this whole thing... Keep trying Hikari, you have people that care for you, don't be afraid to rely, or to go after them."

"Uuu..."

Hikari kept hugging Alice-san for a while, until the tears stopped and the coughs normalized at least...

"Hi... Hikari is sorry for... Behaving like this-"
    *coughs* "in front of Alice-san..."

"Don't worry, I'm happy that you could let out like this at least, I feel... Like I could help a bit this time..."

"This time...?"

"It's nothing much... Just an old story... I just couldn't help Marisa when she went through the same thing you're going through now..."

"Ma... Marisa-san did... Become an-"
    *cough cough cough* "avatar as well...?"

"Yep, she became an avatar to protect a village nearby from a weird being... She never got to know what it was, only that it shouldn't be there, it was strong, strong enough to Marisa be unable to kill it... So, she became an avatar of Yuuka for an instant and wiped the monster out... She arrived late though, and you were the only person she could save on that day... She never regretted it one bit though..."
    Alice-san's voice sounded really sad...

"Was Marisa-san... A good person?"

"Good? I don't know if I would say that. She was mischievous, didn't care one bit about the mood or anything that didn't get her curiosity... But she was really caring for those that she was close to... She always did whatever she wanted, and somehow could always get people to follow her on that..."

"She seemed nice... Hikari would've-"
    *cough cough* "liked to meet her one day..."

"You really loved her back in the day, so I think you would've enjoyed meeting her right now... Somehow you still resemble your past self, even without the memories you had.

Say... Do you have any hopes in curing this sickness of yours?"

"Curing? Hikari... Hikari-"
    *cough cough cough* "has none... Remilia-sama said that even she was unable to cure Hikari, so... Hikari doesn't think it's possible. Remilia-sama said that-" *cough cough* "Hikari shouldn't have high hopes, but that Hikari shouldn't give up either, that maybe the people near Hikari would be able to find a way, even when they hadn't... Hikari isn't-" *cough cough* "confident on finding something that nobody was able to find before though..."

"Nobody huh... Well, what if I told you, Marisa found a cure for it before?"

"Ma-Marisa-san did!? Bu-but how!? If she found-"
    *coughs* "a cure, wouldn't Marisa-san survive it instead!?"

"Yeah, she should... But she found it too late, and the reagent necessary to cure it was already extinct."

"I... Is that so...? Then... What's-"
    *cough cough* "the point of telling this to Hikari?"

"Hmmm... Maybe it might give you a clue? It won't solve the problem, but it might give you a way of solving it, you still have time, you can find out what we didn't back in the day.

Are you willing to listen it?"

"Um-uhm! Hikari will listen! Hikari doesn't want-"
    *cough cough cough* "to die yet! Hikari will do what she can to keep on moving forward! For as long as Hikari can!"

"Those are good words... The mushroom she needed was one that only exists in lands touched by deities, it's a really rare specimen and the air of the mortal world usually kills it after a few years, so you need to discover where a god last appeared and hope for the best with a mushroom still being there...

gudaväsen's hattsvamp was it's name, in essence, a mushroom that carries a bit of the essence of what is a deity... She never told me what she was going to make with it, since there was no point in it anymore, but... It might allow you to think of something."

"A god's essence... But... Eating a god's essence... Shouldn't-"
    *coughs* "it make Marisa-san's condition worse?"

"Directly? Of course, but with alchemy, you can alter the things you're using on your potion... So she might have made something to actually counter the essence of a god that was within her. That's your clue, you need to think of a way to use a god's power to stop your body from being destroyed from the aftereffects of becoming an avatar... If you can do that, you might survive this Hikari...

I regret not asking her the details back then, I could've given you a better clue at the very least... I'm sorry..."

"No... It is plenty! Hikari has something to work with now! Hikari-"
    *cough cough* "will see what Hikari can do! Hikari will try her very best Alice-san!"

"I'm glad I could help a bit... So, anything you want to do?"

"Something Hikari wants to do?"
    *tilts head*

"Yeah, well, you came all the way here, so I thought you might want to do something... Though you came here with no clue regarding what you'd find, didn't you? I could tell you about the old times if you want."

"No, there is no need-"
    *cough cough* "to tell Hikari of the past... Hikari is not the Hikari that she was in the past after all... Instead... Could Alice-san teach Hikari how to make a doll?"

"Doll making? I'd need some time to teach how to make a good doll though..."

"No, just a simple one is fine, Hikari doesn't-"
    *cough cough cough* "needs to make a complicated one."

"Alright then, would a simple rag doll suffice?"

"Hai! It is enough Alice-san!"

"Then, let me get the materials..."

Alice-san waved her hand and her dolls started moving around the house picking up a few things and bringing them near us... It really is amazing how she does all that... Eh? Are those...

"Alice-san... Are those threads?"

"Oh, right, it's easier to use telekinesis on the threads that are all on my hand, than it is to use on a bunch of dolls spread all over the house, so I usually move them with threads."

"But... Can't they easily get-"
    *cough cough cough* "entangled like that...?"

"Not if you practice enough!"

"Hmmm... Seems like it would really require plenty of-"
    *cough cough* "practice to do it properly..."

"Don't worry too much about it Hikari, besides, telekinesis is one of the purest forms of Arcane Magic... It is hard to replicate it with Holy Energy... Instead, shall I show you how to make a rag doll?"

"Hai! Please do Alice-san!"

"Okay, then we start like this and..."

Alice-san went over the steps with Hikari, she seemed really used to doing it and explaining how it works, so Hikari could go over the steps with some ease... After some time doing it, and fixing a few mistakes, Hikari had a small purple haired doll that wore a white gown.

"Uhn... Alice-san... This is a... A-"
    *cough cough* "a thank you gift, for cheering Hikari up and giving Hikari a clue on how to stay alive... And for being nice to Hikari as well... Thank you for the help Alice-san..."

Hikari pushed the doll towards Alice-san.

"Eh? For me? Bu-but you barely know me Hikari... Is it really okay with you?"

"Ha-hai! Hikari could see that Alice-san cared a lot for Hikari! Even if Hikari isn't-"
    *cough cough* "the Hikari Alice-san knew, Alice-san still was really kind to Hikari and even took a lot of her time to teach dollmaking to Hikari! Hikari is really thankful to-" *cough cough cough* "Alice-san, so Hikari wanted to give it to Alice-san."

"Oooooooh, you're so cute Hikari!!!"
    *hugs Hikari tightly*

"Wa-wa-woah!? Hi-Hikari is happy that Alice-san liked it..."
    *blushes a bit*

"Uhum, I'm really happy to receive a gift from you Hikari! You chose really well in making a Patchy doll! I'll cherish it a huge lot!!!!!"

"Bu-but... Is it really okay...? Hikari's doll isn't nearly as beautiful as Alice-san's dolls-"
    *coughs* "that are flying around the house..."

"Silly, dolls are made of feelings! And this doll you made is full of wonderful feelings, there is no way I couldn't accept it!!! I'm really happy right now Hikari, really, thank you!!!"

"Hi... Hikari is glad... Then... Hikari should-"
    *cough cough* "get going now..."

"You... Won't even stay the night over?"

*shakes head* "No... Hikari needs to go back... Hikari still wishes to meet Hikari's family after all... Hikari shouldn't stay away for long-" *coughs* "then, because Hikari might miss them otherwise."

"Alright... I'll send you back then, it's the floating city on the skies, right?"

"Ha-hai! But... Can Alice-san really-"
    *coughs* "bring Hikari all the way there?"

"Of course! Don't underestimate a dollmaker's capability! So, shall we go?"

"O-okay!"

Hikari and Alice-san got out of the house, and Alice-san turned back towards Hikari.

"One last thing, you don't really need to call me with "-san", you know? Just Alice is fine."

"Wi-without honorifics is... Hikari doesn't feel comfortable enough for that... I-is-"
    *cough cough* "is Alice-chan fine...?"

"Of course, it's plenty! Well then, Come forth! Goliath!"

A magic circle appeared below Alice-san, no Alice-chan's feet and... Wah!? A gigantic doll came from the ground!? Whe-whe-where did it-?

"Hop in Hikari, Goliath will take us there!"

"Ah, ah... Right..."

Hikari slowly climbed the dolls back until its head where Alice-chan was siting over, Alice-chan then put Hikari on her lap.

"Hold on tight, okay?"

Hikari nodded and held on the hem of Alice-chan's dress, Alice-chan also wrapped her arms around Hikari and then said.

"Go, Goliath!!!"

The doll crouched and then made a huge jump upwards, followed by some really quick flight towards Aeternus direction... It was a lot faster than the airships... And... Hikari thinks she saw some shockwaves on the places that the doll were in?

"A-amazing..."

"Told ya! In terms of flight speed, Goliath is among the fastests you'll ever find! And... The scenery moving this quickly... It's really pretty, isn't it? Feels like you could see the entire world in a single day, doesn't it?"

"I-it really does... Thank you-"
    *cough cough cough* "Alice-chan... Hikari is really happy to see this!"

"Teehee, you're embarrassing me.. Oh, there we go."

"Eh!? Already!?"

"It can't be helped... It's the problem with high speed flight..."
    Alice-chan kissed Hikari's forehead. "Good luck finding your family, I'm rooting for you."

"Hai! Hikari will do her best!"

"Good girl, come visit again, okay?"

"Of course! Hikari will be-"
    *cough cough* "sure to!"

Hikari hopped off Goliath, which then distanced itself from Aeternus.

"Well, I'm going now, take care Hikari!"

"Take care as well Alice-chan!"

Hikari waved to Alice-chan and she waved back to Hikari, then Goliath turned back from the city and flew away really quickly, disappearing before Hikari's eyes in no time...

Hikari looked around a bit and the people from the Airport seemed stunned by Goliath's appearance and disappearance... Still, it felt like a good sight for Hikari... Hikari was missing the city already... Maybe Hikari already thinks of this as home now...

Hikari skipped towards the guild in a good mood, hoping that the rest of this day would be as good as the beginning was.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  15. Carm

Carm Drip drop, when will time stop

Reading List:
    Link
    Part 5 of Insanity Arc

Table of Contents:
    Insanity Arc Part 1
    Insanity Arc Part 2
    Insanity Arc Part 3
    Insanity Arc Part 4
    Insanity Arc Part 5 Bad ending (not true, bad ending)
    Insanity Arc Part 5 True Ending
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Time has passed since Lucky’s death, in honor of my loving cat, we cremated him. My family generally all agree that when we die, we’d like to be cremated. Why? Simple, we rather not have our bodies dug out and replaced, and rather not contribute to overcrowding. Though, death is hard to imagine. For myself at least, I know it’s going to come, but I wonder how, I suppose this is something that I will find out at my death, though I suppose by that time, I’ll be dead.

Memory is funny, huh. Although we lament the death of a beloved for a day, or week. We always say we wont forget them, that they’ll be in the back of our minds at every step, constantly grieving their death. But life generally is not so. We say that, but after a month, two, maybe even a year, we forget them, no longer are they casting a shadow over us. We move on, despite saying we will not. I suppose, that’s what happened with Lucky. That is not to say, I’ve completely forgotten him, just that, no longer do I think about him with every thought.

People often believe their death will be spectacular, most of the times though, they rather not think that they will die at all. Such wishful thinking, how I envy. But, in the end, most deaths are rather lackluster. Unless one is in the throes of war, most deaths are peaceful, mostly of old age, or a sickness, though I do think that death in war is lackluster as well, self-proclaimed “hero’s” who feel that death in the battlefield, is the most honorable death. I despise such thought.

Such deaths, I feel, are sad. They are lackluster. They are not true deaths. Dying, when surrounded by family, by friends, by the people who you love, is that not the best death of all?

Speaking of which, love, a term so ambiguous, it’s hilarious. Did I talk about such things already? I no longer recall, my mind wanes everyday as my body gets weaker and weaker. I’ll have to ask someone to help me up later.

Love, how does one define love. People often say, love is undefinable, you’ll know it when you feel it. Again, this is speaking of “romantic” love. Well, others also say that love is the attraction to another of opposite gender, though now I suppose I have to say attraction to another of the same species. But again, that is definition of romantic love, not love itself, like familial love. So what do I say, the feeling of affection to one’s own race? But do we not love our pets? But do we not love our toys? Our mementos? What is love, what do you define it as when it’s something so ambiguous. The feeling of affection towards another being? What about yourself? Do people not love themselves? Where does one think an ego come from? Is that not love? So what does one define love as.

The feeling of affection towards another of the same species?

The feelings of affection towards another being?

The feeling of affection towards a being?

Love is broad, and as always, love is something I will never completely understand. Love is something that stays to be undefined. Heck, even the dictionary uses love to describe itself. “a person or thing that one loves”. But as I always say, I will never romantically love one. Actually, I wonder if I do say it?

I no longer know what love truly is. Of the romantic variety. Is love just simply lust? Is it the attachment to another being? I do not know love. Nor will I. I cannot image myself falling in love in this condition. I will not say that it’s impossible for someone to fall in love in me, no matter how egotistical it is, there still is a chance. Neither will I say it’s impossible for me to fall in love. But the chances are so slim, that it’s near impossible.

Funny topic chances. Do you know that feeling, or that scene where people exclaim when a person gets 6s in a row like 10 times saying some random number like, 1,200,003 chance of it happening? I always feel like saying this to them that for any role, any number of them like getting a 1 then a 3 then a 3 then a 5 etc, that for that roll that seems insignificant, it also has the same chance of happening. Sorry if that doesn’t make sense, I suppose what I mean, is that even if there is a 1 in a million chance of it happening, it’s still a chance. Though, I suppose if I simplify it to that type of saying, my monologue will sound like a protagonist of some kind that never gives up. Oh well, I give up.

My death is imminent, my mind slowly losing clarity, my body slowly losing strength. Is this the saying I hear or rather, more correctly, read so often? On one’s deathbed. My body is slowly dying, though to be honest, everyone’s is, just I suppose, mine is actually accelerated, so I guess my body is dying quickly? That doesn’t sound as dramatic. And I’m on my bed, so I guess that phrase really is apt. Irony, I suppose. I, as a person, love to pick out the flaws of phrases and such, yet the one that probably describes my current situation, or condition best, is one I can’t pick apart. Perhaps I could, perhaps I would’ve been able to, perhaps I’ve already did, but my mind is too tired to process it anymore, in simple terms, I suppose I have given up. I guess this is the term depression at it’s best.

I simply wonder when death will come knocking on my door, teasing me by leaving me hanging at the doorsteps, hands right next to the knob, to bring me away. It’s torture I suppose, the threat of death, knowing it’ll come soon, but not when soon actually is.

*boom*

I turn my head towards the windows. Looking out at the rain as it descends upon our land, I would chuckle, if I had the energy left to. I believe it was raining when Lucky died. They say disasters and death comes with the weather, I wonder if that means my time is to come. Of course, I don’t want to die, I’m afraid of such thoughts, yet such thoughts are what keep me going. As my energy wanes day by day, such train of thoughts are what keep me going. In a way, I can’t quite explain, these thoughts, these internal monologues are my anchor, they are what keep my life from drifting away from my body into the great sea of death. They are what keep me from becoming lost, lost in my own mind.

*boom*

The thunder and lightning has been going off for quite some time now, I wonder when it’ll let off. Although I guess it adds to the suspense to my death, adding some nice atmosphere, it really is quite loud. I loathe it.

Oh, wait, bad thoughts, bad thoughts, that’s accepting that’ll I will die today, such thoughts are bad. Though, if one chooses to ignore the inevitable, is it them being stubborn, or them wishing to hold on? Is my act of wishing to ignore my death that is soon to happen being stubborn, stupid even? Or is it a virtue? Such thoughts, such choices, I loathe.

I sigh to no one in particular as I listen to the melody of pitter patter created by the rain hitting the window panes. Such a melancholic tune, further reinforced by the occasional booms of thunder. Perhaps that’s why I dislike the thunder right now; it’s disturbing my nice and peaceful background music of the end of my life.

When did my mind start having such thoughts, when did my mind start to think this way, I suppose illnesses really do change a person, for better or worse. Under the duress of pain, people either sink or swim. I suppose I sink, despite struggling by flailing my arms, I could not swim, all I did was delay the end. All I could do was hold onto the false hope of eventual recovery. How ironic, I suppose, I always say never hope, so your hope can’t be let down, but when I say such words, such wishful naïve thoughtless words, I held hope, that I would get better, that my situation will improve. Yet it didn’t.

Although such thoughts did not break me, such thoughts did not hurt me, such thoughts instead dragged me, like adding weights to the me who was flailing their arms in water, it made things harder on myself. Such hindsight, oh how I loathe you.

In the end, looking back, regretting my words, rethinking my past choices, they will not change a thing, everything has a destiny, and everything has an end. My end will not be grand and spectacular, my death will not be warm and somber, surrounded by those who love me, my life’s dead end will be quiet, and lonesome. My parents out, working, my sisters likewise. As much as they wish to be around my side at all times, they have to work, nothing in the world is that convenient that they wouldn’t need to work.

Do I have regrets? Of course.

If I could change anything in my life, would I? I would not, things happen for a reason, even me catching this disease I would not change.

If I could live longer, would I? I can only say no. It’s not that I have given up, it’s just that harboring such thoughts, is too plain depressing.

If I could have loved someone, would I? I wish to say no, I would not like to be subjected to having my loved one die, I doubt my lover would either, and having to leave a lover behind in life as I move to death, is not something I would wish to experience either, even if I was dying.

Lastly, am I satisfied? I do not know. I guess I’ll find out when I die, whether I’m satisfied or not.

Raising my right arm, as it trembles from its lack of energy, I tried grasping the air, I don’t know why, but I felt a little bit of joy from such an act. My arm fell to my side, atop the blanket that laid upon my body, lifelessly, soundlessly, depressingly.

Ah, so I guess it really is the end, my life line is already on threads, my body no longer held enough energy to support myself. I guess I’ll spend these last moments peacefully appreciating the rain.

*boom*

A boom was made, yet this time it wasn’t the sound of thunder, no, it would’ve been easier had it been that, no, it was the sound of the door being flung open violently. I slowly turned my head, mustering the dwindling strength, to venture a look.

*boom*

The thunder was relentless, oh how I loathe you.

*boom*

As if responding to my cries of hatred, as if mocking them, the thunder continued. I no longer cared enough to complain aloud.

*boom*

I looked at the figure, shaking in my eyes, as they too were failing on me, no, perhaps not failing, just my eyelids are slowly closing, to let me drown in my eternal sleep. I opened my mouth, to let out dry words from my parched mouth.

“Hello Carmen, how are you doing?”

I saw tears dripping down her face, falling down towards the floor, how sad, my first thought when I bore witness to this, was me hoping she wasn’t wearing any makeup, I did not wish her to dirty the carpet. She slowly walked up to my bedside, not answering my simple question, perhaps she viewed it ironic.

We had not talked since she stormed off. We had not seen each other since, I truly believed that would be the last time I saw her, though it wouldn’t be the last she saw me, I figured no matter how big of a grudge, she would at least enter? Join? Attend my funeral.

I suppose this is one less regret I can take off my list, not like it’ll make that big of a difference, time to check off, asserting that I was the one in the right, and she was the one in the wrong when she stormed off, hopefully.

She brought up a chair and sat upon it, what else would she do, whack me with it?

*boom*

She did not respond, simply grabbing my hand, yet I could not feel her grasp, I could not feel her warmth.

We stayed silent for a better part of time, the rain not letting up, my body felt heavier and heavier, my mind and body sunk faster and faster into the depths of death, my end was near, I could not deny it, no one could. Perhaps, she could tell that I will die any second, as she wiped away her tears, with the hand that was not holding my hand, and sniffled her nose, preparing herself I suppose.

“You know Drew, I really lo- *boom* you.” Hearing those words, I felt like I could chuckle to them if I could. Perhaps content, she let go of my hands, letting me drift to the bottom of the sea.

I simply smiled to her words, as my eyes shut close.

I loathe you as well.
    I really wasn't satisfied with the previous ending, so after several months of writing, and debating, here's my "actual" conclusion.
    The other can just be considered my "bad" ending, if this were a visual novel.
    *goes back to crying in his corner from writing this*

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  16. AmIaCat

AmIaCat [ Shem's Kouhai ] [ AmIaCat ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yoru was born to a tribe of east-Shuriman vastaya known as the Kiilash, whose society venerated the honor and glory of the hunt. Yoru was born the runt of the litter to the tribe's chief: a Kiilash named Ponjaf. Ponjaf believed Yoru's diminutive size would make him a worthless hunter. He ignored his child, assuming the runt would starve to death.

The young Yoru fled the camp, ashamed that he'd disappointed his father. He subsisted on grubs and plants for weeks until one day, he was nearly killed by a legendary human hunter named Marlon. Upon seeing Yoru's state, he took pity on the creature and let it live. Besides, this was no mighty vastayan warrior worthy of Markon's blade.

Yoru spent months following Marlon, feeding off the corpses the hunter left behind. Yoru still hoped to one day rejoin his tribe, and so took great care in observing how Markon took down his quarries.

After some time, Marlon grew sick of the pathetic Kiilash following him around. He put a knife to Yoru's throat and informed him that the only way to be a hunter was to hunt. He tossed Yoru the blade and kicked him down a ravine, where he was forced to make his first kill to survive.

From then on, Yoru spent years pushing himself almost to breaking point. He scoured Shurima for the most powerful and dangerous prey. Though he would never be as big as other Kiilash, Yoru was determined to be twice as ferocious. Over time, instead of coming back to his camp each time with fresh scars, he began to come back with trophies: he polished a sandhawk's skull to a sheen, he braided the teeth of a shrieker into his hair.

Then, when he decided the time had come, Yoeu returned to his tribe, ready to be accepted as a true hunter.

Ponjaf scoffed at Yoru and his trophies: he decreed that only by bringing back the head of an elusive Void abomination would Yoru be welcomed back into the tribe.

Blinded by his eagerness to return to his tribe, Yoru allowed this wily beast to get the drop on him. The Void creature ripped out one of Rengar's eyes and escaped.

Furious and defeated, Yoru admitted his failure to Ponjaf. As expected, his father chastised him.

As Ponjaf spoke, Yoru noticed all the trophies adorning his father's hut were dusty and old. The tribal chief hadn't hunted anything in a long time - he'd likely sent Yoru after the Void creature because he was too afraid to do it himself.

Yoru interrupted his father and called him a coward. Many Kiilash were blessed with strong bodies or comfortable homes. Yoru, conversely, was born facing death. He had taught himself how to hunt, and had the trophies - and scars - to prove it. Even his own bloody eye socket was a trophy - proof that though Yoru was born with disadvantages, he never gave up.

Yoru leapt onto his father and gutted him from neck to belly. The fiercest hunters of the tribe crowned him in flameroses, marking him as their new chieftain.

But Yoru didn't need his village's acceptance. All he needed was adrenaline pumping through his veins as he chased down his prey. Yoru left the village, without pausing to take a trophy from what was left of Ponjaf - the chieftain was not worthy of remembering. Instead, he set off determined to find and kill the Void creature that had tried to blind him.

Not to satisfy the village, but to satisfy himself.

Yoru smelled the blood before he saw the dead humans. Six or so, he estimated, but it was tough to get an exact count thanks to the number of pieces they'd been torn into. Their swords were strewn about the meadow, as useful as dulled cutlery.

He knelt, licking blood from the ground.

Cold to the tongue. Still sweet, yet bitter with the taste of iron.

It had been spilled less than an hour ago.

Turning over one of the stray limbs in his hand, Yoru found a line of greenish saliva dangling from where the arm had been ripped from its body. He raised the stump to his nose and sniffed.

The saliva smelled foul, like a corpse that had rotted in a puddle of excrement. Just raising it to his nose nearly made Yoru want to vomit, and he had a stronger stomach than most.

He smiled his wide, toothy smile. The creature who inflicted these wounds would be easy to track.

Yoru watched from the bush as the razorhide worked its claws around an old man's skull and crushed it between its boneteeth. It howled in disappointment, evidently unimpressed by the lack of a crunch.

The giant, four-legged beast stomped through the elderly man's tent, crushing it with a single step, then biting at the canvas and tearing it apart.

Tossing aside the man's bedroll, it howled in delight as Yoru heard the scream of a young boy.

Little one.

Frightened. Good fear. Delicious fear.

Time to eat. Time to silence screams. Time to---

Pain.

Pain on the back of its neck. Sharp and hot. Something bit it? No. Another pain, then another. Sharp stabs. Something with a weapon. Something with some fight in it.

Maybe something tasty.

Yoru held onto the kirai saber with one hand as the razorhide bucked back and forth, trying to dislodge him. With his other hand, he grabbed a knife and punctured the beast's leathery hide over and over. He knew he'd never kill the beast this way, but he'd get it bleeding. Confuse it.

With any luck, panic it.

The razorhide dropped to its stomach and rolled over, taking Yoru with it. It was fast - much faster than Yoru would have thought for a creature of its size. He barely had time to dislodge his blades and jump away.

The two combatants got to their feet. Blood trickled down the razorhide's scales, each one sharp enough to sever a limb. Combined, the scales made for a nigh-impenetrable defense and a thousand small weapons, all at the same time. It circled Yoru, sniffing the air. Yoru could tell he'd never win a straight fight against it. It was too big, too quick, too strong.

A lifetime of scars had taught Yoru the secret of hunting: it wasn't about being strong. It was about knowing when to withdraw, and when to attack.

Right now? It was time to withdraw.

He sprinted away from the village, toward the tall grass surrounding it. The razorhide leapt after him in pursuit, its feet pounding the earth. Yoru could hear it behind him. He could be hidden in the grass soon enough, but the razorhide would catch up to him long before then.

He just needed a few extra seconds.

One-eyed vastaya will be delicious. Only one thing tastier than something young: something that just tried to kill you.

Stomp the cat-beast to death before eating? No. Better to swallow him whole, feel thrashing grow weaker and weaker until it deliciously stops.

Unhinge jaw. Bite down, feel warm spurts of blood---

Tripping. Falling. What?

Some sort of weapon - three balls, tied together with leather - tangled around legs.

Bad.

Still. Broke free easily. But cat-beast gone. Only slight rustle in tall grass to show where he went.

Bound into field after it. Cat-beast: small, scared.

Me: big, fast.

Will stomp all tallgrass down if it takes---

Pain.

Warmth running down hind legs. From where? Behind?

No cat-beast. Ran away again.

Pain. New pain, in side. Annoying. Not problem. Just annoying.

Start running. Doesn't matter which direction. Put distance between us. Regroup.

Turn around. Where vastaya? Maybe ran away. Maybe hiding, waiting.

This was the best part. Invisible within the tall grass. His prey cautious, but not smart enough to be terrified.

The momentary silence before the attack. Before the quarry realized just how helpless it was. Before the howls of pain, and the blood, and the adrenaline, and the joy.

Yoru threw his head back and roared.

Where roar coming from? Sounds like everywhere. Not roar of anger. Not roar of fear.

Excitement.

Getting closer.

No. This was a mistake. Out in the open. Run. Run back.

Hard to breathe. Why?

The wound in the side. Deeper than it felt? Throat wet. Choking. Blood.

Don't slow down.

Where is village? This way? No. The other.

Vastaya still roaring. Still getting closer.

Run. Doesn't matter where. Just r---

Flash of metal. Cool air blowing on stomach.

No, inside stomach.

Feel self growing lighter. Sound of something wet and heavy hitting the ground. Many wet and heavy things.

Look back. Guts. Fluid. A trail of red and green.

Pain. Stinging pain, throbbing pain, stabbing pain. Everywhere.

Can't stand up. Legs buckle. Breathing hard. Hear footsteps coming closer.

Sound of knife leaving sheath.

Feel something. Something new. Something terrible. Not hunger, anger, joy.

Fear.

Yoru approached the prone razorhide, its feet still kicking at the air as blood poured from the massive slash across its belly. Its eyes were dilated.

What trophy would he take? The skull? The mane?

The creature lifted its head and worked its jaw, biting at the air out of anger or confusion.

Yoru smiled. The creature's boneteeth were sharp. Smooth.

One of those would make an impressive addition to his necklace.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    Hatchy and JinVodka like this.
  17. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    A new topic on priestess corner is out!

http://forum.novelupdates.com/blogs/ag-lore-master-scrolls-the-legend-of-far-east-origin.557/

And probably more of them will come on those following days~
    So stay tuned!
    *Wink*

18. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Fiiiinally, the fighting stopped. Completely stopped, as far as I can see. The tree barrier slowly disintegrated into motes of green light, leaving a totally inconspicuous bloody ring at the place they used to stood. I said they're inconspicuous, okay? Totally not visible from a distance. Anyone who claim otherwise is a thief and a liar.

Anyway, I recycled the mana into a different kind of magic. The motes of light started to drizzle down as greenish rain, rejuvenating anyone and anything that it touched. The rain also disperse into healing mist when it fell to the ground, spreading into buildings where the roof prevent entrance. For those trapped under rubbles, vines sprouted that gently lifted the obstacle allowing them to be discovered. Just leave it to me to detect any life signature.

Can't really do this kind of indiscriminate healing during the fight but that's a moot point now. If anyone tries something stupid, well, firebeam~

Now then, where was Shady again? Time to demand lunch from him. And perhaps dinner too. I'm getting hungry from all those arduous work I've done for the good of the guild~

Hatchy and AliceShiki like this.
  19. JinVodka

Reading List:
    Link
    CHILDHOOD ARC
    Three years passed since that event.
    Aljenn still continues his daily visit to the dark forest. The forest was only his safe haven and the place where he could forget all the pressure laid on top him by his mother.

He always visits the forest every time he has free time. When his mom is away, even if it rains and even during midnight where the monsters number is at it peak. Still, even if he could be injured or lose his life. He didn't care, nothing matters as long as he forgot the pain.

During a night where the moon was at it's brightest. A child is walking down the forest all alone. Three lizard Kobolds notice him and started to hunt this weak prey. Of course, if they could.

"Ke ke ke children meat!" "Ke ke ke delicious" "Ke ke ke free food" The Lizard Kobolds drools as they approach the child while holding a stone knife.

"Finally sigh~ I've walked around waiting for some fools to take the bait" Aljenn pointed his right arm towards them opening his fist. "[Bind]"

"Ke ke ke!!" all 3 Lizard Kobolds tried to move but their body won't listen.
    "It won't work that Bind spell is at level 3 only strong monster can break that, you are below the food chain" Aljenn remarks in seriousness he then takes his notebook and flip. "Now then, Lizards Kobold seems has stronger skin than Goblins so I expect you guys will be able to pass these experiments."

Jin closes his notebook letting it float beside him and proceeds to step closer to the nearest Lizard Kobold. "Shall we start with you first..?"

He throws three seeds at the Kobolt Lizard feets and chant a spell, "[Grow]". The seeds started to grow at a faster rate it steams growing into trunks crushing the Lizard Kobold in between. The seed's branches poking to its skin until it proceeds to prick inside it’s body. The Lizard Kobold screams until it dies from being crush by the 3 growing trees. Several minutes later the trees' leaves started to dry out dying.

"Hmm... so the trees die quickly as the growth hasten. I should make a note about this...." Aljenn starts to mumble words the Lizard Kobold can't comprehend as their eyes filled with fear. After Aljenn finish writing he started drawing a magic circle on the ground with a knife taken from their kitchen.

"Done, next is you..." Aljenn walks to the next Lizard Kobold, it tried to struggle but it was all in vain. Aljenn pointed his knife at the Lizard Kobold's chest and etch a magic circle similar to the earlier one he drew on the ground. Because the Lizard Kobolt's skin was hard, a strength of a child can only make a scratch on it. But that was enough to draw the magic circle.

Aljenn walks back to the magic circle on the ground and drips his blood to it by cutting his thumb finger with the knife. Aljenn started to chant a spell and the magic circle lights up. The Lizard Kobold also lights up and disappears suddenly.

Moments later the Kobold teleported right on the center of the magic circle lifeless. "Tche... that takes a lot of time plus it's dead. Guess it won't work to living beings after all."

The lizard started to struggle so hard from fear. But he could not escape, he regretted thinking this child was a easy meal. For him, this child was a demon... no the devil itself.

"So you're next? Sadly I have zero affinity to dark magic" Aljenn tilts his head thinking of others ways to experiment the Lizard Kobold. The Lizard start to wait, he already accepted his fate.

"Hmm... I learned fire can stop bleeding. Yes, let's test that, I'll cut some parts with [Wind Slicer] then use [Ignite] to burn the flesh." Aljenn clap his hand. "Right! it's the best way to test the right amount of flame power so the target won't die"

Hearing those words the Lizard Kobold want to run away. He wants a quick death, not a prolonged one. A loud Lizard scream could be heard in the forest for a long moment of time. Aljenn repeated his actions multiple times until the Lizard died.

"The monsters here are pretty weak... I need much stronger prey" Aljenn titled his head and stared at the deeper part of the forest. "Hmm... should I go deeper? Yes I should, all the monster here are too weak for me"

Aljenn started to walk deeper on the forest searching for strong monsters. The trees were larger and the atmosphere was too silent.

"It's too dark [Light]" Aljenn chanted and a white ball of light appear, lighting the path. He walked for a long distance unable to find any living creatures.

"Sigh~ let's go back... there is nothing here" Aljenn started to move back to his previous tracks. Until he heard a howling voice his feet stop.

"Yes, wolves! hope they are mutated one!" Aljenn proceeded to run toward the location of the Howl. He sees a pack of wolves with two horn and a jewel embedded in its head.

"Yes, a demon wolf! this is a nice catch!" Aljenn wanted to start chanting ice magic but stops midway. He notices an adult man being surrounded by the wolf pack, he extinguishes his light magic and watch. "Why is there a man here?"

"Sigh~ guys let's be civil with these... Why don't you let me pass?" the man stated.
    "Grrrrr" The demon wolves only growl as if saying that they would not allow it.
    "Geez... don't be like that" the man tries to persuade again.
    "Roar!!" the wolves quickly attacks and leap at the man trying to bite him to pieces.
    "Sigh~ guess I have no choice" he suddenly pulls a halberd out of nowhere and just a matter of time all the wolves lay dead.

'What!? too fast I can't even see his movements!!'
    Aljenn remarks then the cloud hiding the moon suddenly disappears. Showing the man's full image.

He has white hair with pale skin. His eyes are yellow but glow into gold as the light touches it. He was wearing a white robe with silver armor covering arms, feet and elbows. The Halberd his holding was made of silver which emits a holy aura.

He suddenly looks towards Aljenn....
    'Did he notice me..?' Aljenn body flinch he started to prepare to chant protect magic. The man raises his free hand while the other holds the Halberd.

[​IMG]
    "Sup' young man I'm Noshiro what your name?" he smiled gently showing a friendly atmosphere.
    Aljenns face is full of annoyance, it's been 1 year seen he meet that man.
    Every time they meet... he would try to preach him not to torture the monster, not to do experiments, talk about how the god is a great being, how dangerous the forest is, how Aljenn should respect life and much more.

"Oh, Aljenn you’re here again! Good day to you... a bit late than the expected schedule" Noshiro smiles as he beckons for Aljenn to come closer.

"What good day!! I came here late hoping you’re gone!!" Aljenn angrily remarks.
    "Don't be mad, here an apple it's fresh" Noshiro throws the apple to Aljenn.
    "You fool! what are you being chummy with me for!!" Aljenn shouted as he catches the apple. "And I don't like the way you call me!!" Aljenn argued.

"Hmm.. but isn't your name Aljenn? should I call you little boy? child? goblin? grumpy kid?" Noshiro tilts his head pondering.

"It's pronounced as Jin!! Okay, call me Jin!!" Jin said while biting the apple angerly.
    "Ok, then Gin...? have you finally repent of your sin the..."
    "Shut up!! [Silence]" Jin chant a silencing spell but it doesn't work to Noshiro. "Damn you! weird being! unknown! ghost!"
    "Geez calm down... you're being too tsun now where is the dere?" Noshiro laughs.
    "BASTARD!!! I prefer women!!" Jin shouted his voice full of anger.

.... Moments later when Jin finally calms down.

[​IMG]"Hey Gin that prefers women... don't you wanna peek at women bathing in the lake?" Noshiro jokes breaking the silence.

"Noshiro... why are you here?" Jin ignores Noshiro earlier remark.
    "Hey at least answer my question" Noshiro laughs. "Glad you finally open up to me it been so long"
    "Stop over-dramatic it's only a year! Just answer my question!"
    "Hmm... Well, you see I'm a Crusader, one of the God's Knights we travel around making sure the world is in peace."

"What Crusader! Aren't you a demon?" Jin retorted.
    ".........what? I'm a handsome human plus I would be an angel due to my looks” Noshiro said while checking his pure white hair.

"I notice it when observing you fight. I could feel your mana and aura changes. It's not human, I concluded that you are using a spell or disguise to hide your demonic aura. But even just a second when you let your guard down, it leaks." Jin explained as he finishes eating the apple.

Noshiro was dumbfounded, slowly his expression changes. He releases an aura full of killing intent. "Hoooo.... you're quite the intelligent child.... but being honest is dangerous you know? Do you want to die that badly...?"

Jin could feel the fear rising to his spine. But he only stood still looking down closing his eye.
    "Pfft... hahaha don't worry Gin. I'm not gonna kill you" Noshiro laughs slapping Jin's back.
    "Ugh... stop hitting, don't worry... I won't reveal your secret" Jin moves away and pats his back.
    "Well, it doesn't matter if you tell anyone about... I don't care how people see me~" Noshiro shrugs.
    "Then can I ask something"
    "Sure~ why not? ask anything" Noshiro grins.
    "Why does a demon like you serving the God as a Crusader" Jin asks in confusion.

"Hmm... well that would be a long story. But to summarize it, I was saved by a human and was raised in the human society. I found humans' lives and moral interesting so I decided to follow it" Noshiro look at a distance with a melancholic look. "Enough about me~ how about you?"
    "Me...? well that's..." Jin looks down on the ground his right-hand clutching to his chest. He started to open his mouth saying what he have gone through.

"I'm an idiot right, even though there are more people having the worse experience than mine... why can't I just shrug it off?" Jin covers his face with his left hand trying to hide his expression.
    "......." Noshiro just smiled and gently pat Jin's head.
    "I'm going home" Jin raise up quickly walking away.
    "Oi~ are you blushing~ geez so your dere is finally showing~" Noshiro grins.
    "SHUT UP!! I'm just embarrassed to be consoled by a flamboyant person like you!!" Jin fled quickly.

"Sigh~ that was embarrassing... why did I open up to that guy? well, I did feel better letting it all out" Jin smiles and open the door to his home while thinking of something to gift.
    "Big Brother!!!" Jin little sister Veena rush to him, clinging to his side. "Where did you go?"
    "Hmm... hehehe it's a secret place" Jin pinch Veena cheeks.
    "Brother it hurts~ bring me also next!!" Veena pouted.
    "That would be great!! I'll introduce you to him. Bet!! he will be jealous that I have such an adorable sister!!" Jin laughs as he swings Veena.

Was this a nightmare or just a dream. No... Jin hopes it was a nothing but a dream.
    Jin could hear the sound of the rain falling. He also smelled the scent of something burning and taste iron in his mouth.

Suddenly he heard a voice...

Just hand your body quietly child...」a fiendish voice commanded.

Jin opens his eyes, he sees a familiar scenery but has changed from the last time he saw it. The rains drop falls making the scenery wet. On the surrounding were broken trees, burned leaves and lots of blood.

He stared at the source of the voice. A golem filled with ice spikes and scratch. As he looks around he could see his unconscious little sister. And not too far away was a severed arm with a silver gauntlet.

Child, If you give your body willingly I'll spare your sister」The golem spoke as a dark aura leaks to his body, it's eyes glowing red.

Do even devils honor their promise?
    No, they would only laugh it out loud as they trick others. They always enjoy seeing people suffer.

Whatever Jin chooses...
    He could only see nothing but despair.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  20. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    ((This should come about the time the raid ends... Hooray for not needing to worry about the word count anymore! \(^^)/))

I was still following the light, it seemed like Hikari had been doing it for a while now...

"Say... Are we really getting anywhere like this? Hikari can't notice any- ugh!"

Pain... It hurts, it hurts it hurts it hurts, what is happening!? What are those voices saying?

"No! Not now, it wasn't time yet! Hurry up, we're almost there!"

There? Where? Where is Hikari supposed to go?

"Please hurry, you can't open your eyes in here! You need to go back!"

"Go...? But the voices are... Telling Hikari to... Stay..."

"Don't listen to them! Go away! It's not our time yet!! Come along, please!"

"Will the pain go away if I go...?"

"No... But the voices will at least... Is it enough?"

"Um-uhm... Hikari will follow..."

The light started rushing away hurriedly, Hikari flew after it... Why did it feel so hard to move though? It was as if there was something holding Hikari down...

"Too fast... Hikari... Can't..."

"Don't give up! It's just around the corner!"

"What corner...?"

"You can't see it because your eyes are closed, it doesn't matter, it's near, just keep moving, don't stop!"

Hikari nodded, I was feeling in so much pain, Hikari felt so heavy too... It seemed so much easier to just... Let... Go...

"Here! Just go to that light! You'll be safe over there!"

Light? Oh... It's bright out there... Hikari should...

"You're... Not coming?"

"I can't leave here, don't worry... It shouldn't take long for us to meet again... Take care, Hikari."

"Huh...?"

"Hurry! We'll talk later!"

"Ri-right!"

Hikari moved towards the bright place... Hmm... I didn't ask the light's name though? Hikari should at least-

The brightness engulfed Hikari, filling her entire vision.

*cough cough cough cough* Did... Did Hikari wake up? Hikari feels... Weak... Weaker than usual, did... Ah! Hikari used a healing spell... Then did Hikari faint? What about the raid though?

From the... Hole in the ceiling? Green rain seemed to be falling, and it was dispersing into some strange mist once it hit the ground, the mist was all around the tent, and Hikari could feel a soothing feeling from it... Was that a magical rain? Hikari wondered who were able to do that much...

For now, Hikari wanted to know what was happening outside though, so Hikari turned around a bit and... Is that...

"Blan-" *cough cough cough cough cough* "Blanc-chan?"

Hikari's throat hurt, Hikari's voice came out terribly hoarse... Hikari seems to be worse than she thought...

"Hikari!?"

Blanc-chan turned towards Hikari from her seat, she seemed to be quite tired...

"Raid... How is-" *cough cough cough cough* "it going...?"

Hikari tasted iron... Hikari gulped and decided to avoid talking too much...

"It's already over, don't worry. We won. What about you, you seem... Pale."

"Hikari is-" *cough cough* *coughs blood* *coughs* "pale...?"

"You're pale! And coughing blood!
    ... What happened to you?"

Hikari hesitated... Hikari wanted to avoid worrying everyone, but... Maybe it's too obvious now?

Perhaps Hikari should say things properly by now...

"Hi... Hikari is-" *cough cough cough cough cough* "dying... Sorry..."

Blanc-chan looked sad... But somewhat relieved as well... Maybe Blanc-chan was a bit happy that Hikari was being truthful?

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

Hikari shaked her head. Blanc-chan looked at Hikari with a troubled smile.

"I see... Take care Hikari, let's try enjoying our time together, alright?"

Hikari nodded. Blanc-chan explained to Hikari about what happened, and why she was here, that her companions were hurt... Hikari mostly listened, replying hurt too much... Nodding or shaking her head once in a while were the more usual replies from Hikari.

After catching up to what happened, there was suddenly a silence between us... Probably Hikari's fault for not replying much...

"Co-could Blanc-" *cough cough cough* "-chan help Hikari... Get up?"

"Of course, here."

Hikari sat on the bed, and then Blanc-chan held Hikari's hands and helped Hikari pull herself up... It hurt, the pull hurt Hikari's shoulders so much! And and... Hikari's legs... They were burning... Down, Hikari wants to sit down!

"Ah-ah-ah go!" *cough cough cough cough*

"What's wrong Hikari!?"

"Le-let go!"

Blanc-chan flusteredly let go of Hikari's hands, Hikari isntantly fell down back on the bed, the impact of suddenly falling pained Hikari's spine and made Hikari start coughing a lot again... Blanc-chan hugged Hikari while it happened until Hikari got back to normal... There was... Plenty of blood coming out of Hikari's mouth...

"Are you... Better now?"

"Hikari's legs... Hurt-"
    *cough cough cough* "can't... Walk..."

"I... I see, sorry, I should have noticed."

Hikari shaked her head. "Hikari was the one-" *cough cough cough cough* "that asked... Hikari is-" *coughs* *coughs blood* *coughs* "okay..."

"Hmmmmm... How will you move around now though? It seems that it will be...difficult."

Hikari shook her head... Eh?

A gap appeared in the middle of the space near Hikari and Blanc-chan, and from it came... A chair... With wheels?

"Yu... Yukari-sama?"

"The chair has a name!?"

"No!" *shakes head* "Yukari-sama is-" *cough cough cough cough* "the goddess that takes care of-" *cough cough cough cough cough* "Hikari... Yukari-sama controls gaps..."

"Oh, then you think she gave you this?"

Hikari nodded.

"There is a note attached to it as well..."

Blanc-chan sat near Hikari and spread the note for the both of us to read it.

To Hikaki,

This wheelchair should help you move around, it has an engine that runs on Mana and it gathers the Mana from the surroundings, so you don't have to worry about it ever running out.

To control it just move the joystick thing on the left side of the chair where you can rest your arm on, it should be fairly intuitive on how to move it.

Try to not overdo it anymore than you already did.

Sincerely,
    Yukari.

That was... A lot blander than Hikari expected... Hikari felt a bit of pain on her chest... Why though...? Yukari-sama was helping Hikari, so... Why was Hikari feeling... So... Sad...?

"Hi-Hikari!? Why are you crying?"

Crying? Hikari is... Crying... Why...?

Hikari felt something fall on Hikari's head... Eh? Hikari put her hand on her head and felt... Paper?

Taking it, Hikari saw that it was another letter... Hikari opened it while shaking...

Dear Hikari,

I'm sorry to see that your condition deteriorated this much this quickly, me and Yukari-sama are both heartbroken by it.

The chair was something Yukari-sama made specially for you, she has been working on it ever since you left... She expected you to need it sooner or later, though this was definitely sooner than we thought.

Please don't feel angry at her, she just has a hard time expressing her feelings, Yukari-sama is really worried about you, you know?

It's a pity there wasn't enough time to include the voice command option to the chair, Yukari-sama wanted you to be able to get in and out of it by simply saying a word, which would trigger some levitation magic that would direct you where you wanted... It needed a bit of a complex array of runes to work properly though, and we were pressed on time, so you'll have to make do with this one, don't feel afraid of asking for help if you can't get into it by yourself, alright?

We're hoping things go well for you, make sure to enjoy your time left Hikari.

With lots of love,
    Ran.

Hikari was still shaking, Hikari's eyes were even wetter than before...

"Ran-sama... Yukari-sama... Thank you..."

Hikari felt some pats on her back... "Thank you too Blanc-chan..."

"Don't worry about it... Want some help getting in the chair?"

"Plea-" *cough cough cough cough* "please do!"

"Alright then..." Blanc-chan moved the chair to face the bed, then moved Hikari to have Hikari's back facing the chair. "Okay, so... There, all done! Can you move around?"

"Hikari thinks so... Let's-" *cough cough cough* "see..."

Hikari fiddled with the thing near her left arm it seemed to control the wheels of the chair when moved to the sides, and made the chair move forward of backwards when pointed forward... It really was easy to handle.

"Thanks for all the-"
    *cough cough* *coughs blood* *coughs* "help Blanc-chan... Hikari is happy now..."

Blanc-chan took out a handkerchief and cleaned the blood that spilled on Hikari, and then gave a clean one for Hikari.

"You're welcome... I'm glad to help Hikari."

Blanc-chan's smile looked pained... Hikari didn't want to worry her like that... Hikari hopes she won't cause too much sadness from the people around Hikari... Please gods, let those coming days be peaceful...

(( @BlancFrost ))

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.