Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Official Board

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    Alberon & Amanda・Aeternus​

Inside a half destroyed building, sparks flew occasionally from the now opened ceiling accompanied by the sound of stone being crushed.

“Haaaaaaah!” (Alberon)

With a shout, I threw a javelin made of lightning against a wall. It flew through the air letting out sparks until it reached its target. A perfectly drawn face of a girl with blue hair and eyes, that was completely scorched when was hit.

“One more!” (Alberon)

I said as I tried to control my ragged breathing. Gritting my teeth, I cursed my lack of stamina as I drew some runes in my arm. My hands were unsteady due to the fatigue, so I took a long time to write it.

While I was at it, a little girl with wolf ears on top of her head brought an identical drawing as the one before. The sight of the drawing, which was made by no other than myself, brought back all the annoyance that was left aside due to my tiredness.

“Storm King Armament!” (Alberon)

The spell I had used in the Raid was invoked. Although at that time it had the form of a short sword, but now was shaped as a javelin.

Without minding that the wolf girl was still there, I hurled the javelin. She quickly jumped to the side effortless and watched another drawing burn with the lighting that the javelin released once it crashed against the drawing in the wall.

“Don’t you think that’s enough, Alby~ Such a waste to burn a good drawing like that~” (Amanda)

“You… stay out of this, Amanda...” (Alberon)

“It was my fault for trying to-” (Amanda)

“Yes, Amanda. But she’s too not without fault.” (Alberon)

So as I. I thought bitterly as I signaled with my free hand for the wolf girl, telling her to not bring another drawing. I was already too tired for that. In the end, no matter how many drawings I burnt, I couldn’t quench my anger.

Was I angry with that girl, who attacked Amanda? Or was I angry at myself for allowing this to happen?

When I heard from Amanda after the battle was done, I wanted to hunt her down and burn her the same way she did with Amanda… but now that everything is settled and calmed, do I still want to do that? I don’t think I can bring myself to do that…

Although I can’t deny my displeasement at her, I can’t really call it animosity.

He had no time to think about it right now… there were just too many matters to worry at the moment for me to be thinking about this.

Glancing at the wolf girl sitting silently at the corner of the building, I identified one of them.

“But, Alby~ Why are we in an abandoned place again~? You dragged me here before I could ask~” (Amanda)

“Ah, this.” (Alberon)

This was another of the problems. Pulling out a paper, I passed it to Amanda as I went to clean the mess I had made with my lightning javelins. Amanda skimmed through the contents of the paper and beamed to me.

“Ah, I got it~ So this is our workshop!” (Amanda)

“I wouldn’t be so happy, though.” (Alberon)

Smiling bitterly as I cleaned, I signaled with my eyes to the workshop, or rather what it should be. It was not the only one that was at this condition, as most of the workshops were caught in the explosions, and only the reinforced ones were actually able to continue entire.

“Just when I got a workshop… why this… ” (Alberon)

“There~ There~ Don’t cry, Alby~” (Amanda)

“I’m not crying, though...” (Alberon)

I started to check our current conditions in terms of materials and tools… well, the tools were mostly destroyed by the explosions, so it’s mostly about the materials and losses.

My collection of inks are gone. Amanda’s staff too. Luckily, we still had our books and our Item Boxes, which were stuffed with some materials we collected around. Ravens, Falcons, those tall creatures that were leading the army (which seemed to be called Leshys), some few Gryphons and Serpent Women. They were all going to become materials for us two. But, first we would need to rebuild this workshop.

“How much do you think it’ll cost for the repairs?” (Alberon)

“Expensive~?” (Amanda)

“That’s not what I wanted to hear...” (Alberon)

dropping my shoulders, I started cleaning the rubble together with the wolf girl. It’ll be a long way before this becomes a real workshop, it seems...

I tried to make it simple mainly because I'm sick and tired and to keep it at the same format as the raid (roughly).
    I'll probably need to work out more this... prologue of sorts?
    BTW, my quest might take a bit more. I had finally reached the 7k words count, when the Raid arrived and more ideas came to me so... welp. 7k words gone.
    It might be a bit out of character for Amanda, but I think I conveyed what I wanted with Alberon... I hope.

Oh, yeah... Almost forgot:
    20 Raven Corpses;
    10 Falcon Corpses;
    8 Leshy Corpses;
    5 Gryphon Corpses;
    3 Serpent Women Corpses;

Carm, leegood, Naraku and 4 others like this.
  2. Kysil

Kysil [Progenitor of Sloth][Sloth Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what's this Prickly Feeling that's happening

Kynn Thought while she was suffering from severe blood loss and thought that it was just a dream

'Kynn, Kynn..... Where the hell are you... Ah!'
    Yoru saw her on top of a slowly melting rock, lying down unconciously. He then rushed towards her and picked her up in a princess carry while his eyes are getting redder by the second and releasing a deadly bloodlust. His eyes then became cold, until he felt Kynn shivering at his arms, which then turned him back to his normal state. He then looked towards the direction of Jin and called out to him.
    "Jin! Have you found Kuma, yet?! I already found my wife!"

huh? who? Yoru? Jin? Kuma? why are you guys in my dream? is this a dream? is it? if it is then let me sleep...
    Kynn tried to Talked to Yoru and Jin, but couldn't even release a single voice from her mouth...
    aahhh~ maybe i'm just very tired... i wonder what happened... what happened? what did happen? did something happen?
    Still Semi-Conscious or Half-Asleep, Kynn's Mind is Wobbly and Tangled like a Cable, Unable to Think properly, She just let things happen, Happened.

"Prepare yourselves..." Kynn saw Jin grit his teeth as he tries to endure the pain. Kynn then saw Jin created a teleportation magic circle just few meter from it. And then created another teleportation magic circle underneath them. It starts to glow into the chilling blue.

"But before that, [Waterball]" Jin created multiple large balls of water that almost covers all the area of the stomach. He then let them float in the air.

"It would be bad to not give you anything when we intrude your stomach. Here, have some water at least, giant lizard." Jin grin as the magic circle lights up covering all of them as they disappear from that place.

The [Waterball] immediately falls down to the acid. It diluted the acid while also increasing the amount of liquid making Ragshelm feel horrible.

"I'm.... getting tired," Jin still holding Kuma teleported next to Razogul as he starts to lose strength. "Sorry Raz, it seems like I get tired after diluting the acid. Water magic is not really my strongest point."

*RAAWRRR!!!!!!!*
    Ragshelm shouted in pain as he was vomiting acid.

"Ops, it seems like he vomited it. I was hoping he takes a toilet break, so I can have some rest." Jin jokes trying to lighten his mood.

"Wait... I'm forgetting something," Jin looks around. "Wait, where did Kynn and Raijuukitty go? It seems like I got mistake at my calculations in drawing the magic."

( Somewhere )
    Kynn is somewhat Feeling Floating on a White space, Unlike the Place where The Slothful God Resides, Nor the Realm Where Kynn's Father, Astalein Governs. Beings With Wings and Halos Looked upon Kynn's Pale Skin and Silver Hair. Without a sign of even a single Hair of Yoru. Those Figures Keep on Examining Kynn.

" Hooo~ This is quite Surprising~ For something patched up, Ripped apart and patched up again... this thing is holding her body well~ "

a Female with Greek-ish Clothes, 3 Halos on top of her head and 3 Pairs of Wings Said as she Examines Kynn's Body for a bit.

" Those Pawns Needs some Evidence and Tools that We are Still paying them some attention... though its a pain, I think i have now a perfect Doll to show to them... But then This Unhuman Features has to be REMOVED "

a Male in Silver armor with Gold Rims and 2 pairs of wings said as he waved his hand towards Kynn's Body. Her body then Shook Greatly as Her Horns, Fox Ears, Dragonic and Fox Tails were Ripped apart. Which then was Replaced With 4 Pairs of Silver Wings.

" Hmm... this is now what i intended but... This might Convince them more and Devote themselves a lot more "
    " i think its Cute though~ "

The Female Angel Cheerfully Said as she Nods her head in agreement and squirming from cuteness.

" Hey! its your turn to do something! "
    " Yes~ Yes~ Implanting Gui- oh? It already has one? 'courtesy of Elaine and Astalein' Pffft~ Ahahahaha~ Those two~ Tries too Hard to Protect something Not EVEN Theirs to begin with~ now then~ Overriding Guide Installation~ Renaming [System Message] to [Angel's Guide] aaand~ Done~ "
    " Is it done? now send her to those Convent on that Something-Something Empire... "
    " Awww~ Poor thing~ i would like to keep you but things and other reasons seems to pop-up ' like this minor angel ' ... Maybe... Just maybe~ i keep some tabs just for you~ now then Try to survive~ "

a Magic Circle Forms Under Kynn's unconscious Figure and it shone a Bright Light... as the White light Vanished, So does the the Figure of Kynn and the magic Circle.

( Elaine and Astallein's Relaxation Room )
    { !!!!!! } - Elaine
    [ Did you Feel That Elaine? ] - Astalein
    { Pretty much like you did... I just got Disconnected from Kynn } - Elaine
    [ The Database would Alarm me if She Died but it didn't ] - Astalein
    { How Can Someone Even Cut 'THAT' Ties between us!? } - Elaine
    [ Certainly not the Dragons nor the Demons ] - Astalein

( Holy Empire's Main Cathedral )

" Ooh~ God Above, We Pray Thee For Thy Sign of Protection You Have Bestowed Upon Us Loyal Devotees~ "
    " Ooh~ God Above, We Pray Thee~ "

'Devout Believers' of The Holy Empire's Religion Gathers Everyday to pray to their God of Light.
    Just Then a Magic Circle Covered by a Bright Light Showered Upon the Cathedral, Rendering the Devotees, Church Clergy and even the populace outside the Church to Cover their eyes.
    Kynn's Unconscious Figure Then Emerges and Slowly Floats Down Till She safely Laid Down on the Stage

Once a Believer started to bow down and Pray Earnestly, The others Follow his lead and also Prayed.
    Except for a woman, who Bowed and clasp her hand together just like the others... but this woman Smiled, Smiled as she Recognizes The person. The Face of a Former 'Toy'... a Former Experiment... A Former Test Subject...
    This woman was a a Former Researcher/Torturer of an Imperial Research Division on Experimental Humanoid Weapons (Mind controlled Beast Soldiers).
    Kynn's Former Torturer...
    [​IMG]
    Kynn Slowly Wakes up and and stands Up.
    Slowly Breathing and then

" Hail Brascovia! And Her GodQueen Hiki-chan! "

{[""""Haaaa?""""]} - Everyone Else
    (( Epilogue Done *Sleeps* ))
    ( Sorry... Not sorry... Maybe? )
    @JinVodka @Kuma Desu @brasca123 @Quaesitor @AmIaCat @Razogul @Nahrenne @NiQuinn

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    Kuma Desu, Carm, AliceShiki and 8 others like this.
  3. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    <Aeternus Floating City>

Jin was feeling tired as his eyesight starts to blurry. For some reason, his starts coughing blood. Seems like the damage is starting to accumulate from his body after the fight. Well, it was obvious since he did a lot of stuff and got hurt a lot. He also did multiple high-level magic without resting. The after-effects of the tattoo start to bleed but his holy blood keeps healing himself.

"Not yet.... I cannot fall yet."
    Jin holds his head as he was healing the civilians. 'It's partly my fault this happens since I was not here'

"Master Vodka!!"
    Sanie came running to him.

"Sanie your here, ah right you were training Alchemy with Grandma Alcea. Sorry, I was not here but I'm proud of you to be able to handle everything."
    Jin smiled as he patted her head.

"Master Vodka you're looking pale! Please have some rest!!"
    Sanie worriedly looks at Jin. Even she was happy about Jin's compliment. 'Master Vodka looks too tired but why is he pushing himself so hard..?'

"You should rest Sanie. I still need to help the other civilians."
    Jin stands up as he starts walking outside the temple.

"I'll come with you!!"
    Sanie being worried to Jin followed.

As they walk around and help the civilians manage the rumbles in their home. They heard a shout getting close to them.

"NYAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Stay away from me!!"
    Presia is running as she was being chased devouredmen souls. "You perverts!!!"

Jin's eyes lit up as he quickly activated his Stolz form and blocks the devoured men soul's path. But they only went through him making him puzzled.

"Umm... Presia what are those..?"

"They are pesky souls! No matter how much I said to go to afterlife they keep hanging around me. Now they will not leave alone and some even flipped my skirt!"
    Presia pouted as she hides behind Jin.

"Presia went to the Aeternus portal since it is near and starts helping in guiding the corrupted souls to the afterlife. Well, these devour men souls are refusing to accept death and too high level to Presia. So they are now following her."
    Flyx arrived explaining the situation with a sighed.

"I see...."
    Jin tilts his head as he thinks of a way to help Presia. He then grabs 3 empty bottles of milk and applies runes to them. He opens the bottle pointing it towards the souls sucking them inside. The souls scream as they squirm inside the bottle unable to escape as Jin close it up. He did this until he fills up the 3 bottles with 10 each devour men souls.

"Master Vodka your really amazing!!"
    Presia smiles widely finally safe from those pesky souls hugs Jin's back tightly.

"So why are you guys here..? Aren't you guys suppose to be in Askian Hamlet..?"
    Jin asks as he places the bottle in his item box.

"I will explain it master Vodka."
    Flyx bowed and starts explaining what happened to Jin. Also, the Dyrad Nalmika's rapier and roots possibly to use for the whip.

"I see, you also loot some stuff. Good job and thanks for working hard."
    Jin bowed towards them as he hides his embarrassment for being not in the Aeternus.

"Don't worry master Vodka we only did our jobs."

"Yes, you're working hard already."

"But what just happened..? Where did you go..?"

"That is...."

"Oi!!!!!!! Everyone!! You guys were here!!!"
    Bernard arrived riding a wold as he was grinning. "We killed this large Dyrad that looks like the boss!! That was awesome!!"

"Technically, the adventurers did most of the jobs especially Guildmaster. We are there too only assist."
    Lavri appears from the fog.

"Geez! Don't be a killjoy Lavri!"

"Wait who is the wolf beast-kin...?"
    Jin look puzzled as he points to Lavri.

"Fufufu~ his Lavri master Vodka."
    Presia smiled as she pokes Jin's cheeks.

"Blame Iris!! He did something weird to Lavri!!"
    Bernard shouted as he pulls over Iris who was sleeping soundly. The half-orcs that they save where now taken care off by the silver guards.

"Nyuuuu~"
    Iris just let himself be pulled by his collar as he continues sleeping.

"Sigh... well we can't do anything with Iris since he is full of mystery."

"Lavri is no longer a Kobold. His no longer a Kobold."
    Sanie keeps murmuring as she looks blanky.

"Oh, my~ what's wrong Sanie..?"
    Presia tilted her head hearing Sanie whisper. Jin and the others also puzzling look at her.

"Lavri you dummy!!!!!!!"
    Sanie shouted with teary eyes as she ran away.

"Wait, what just happened...?"
    Jin titled his head and all of them look at Lavri. In response, Lavri only shrugs his shoulders.

"Well... I gonna chase after Sanie!"
    Bernard quickly follows after Sanie.

"Fufufu~"
    Presia only slyly grin as she looks to the direction where the two Kobolds disappears.

"I'm interested in your transformation Lavri and also with this wolf."
    Jin decided to ignore what happened and let Bernard deal with it.

"........"
    Lavri nodded as he let Jin inspects him when suddenly the wolf turned into a fog covering Lavri.

"What's happening..!?"
    Flyx hide behind Presia scared.

"Oh, my~"
    Presia open her fan as she looks to the fog.

"I see so it has the limited duration."
    Jin nodded as he already speculated something. As the fog disappears only what left is the black Kobold which was Lavri.

"So I returned to my original form."
    Lavri could only sigh already expecting this to happen.

"Well, now everything is fine. Lavri go with Bernard and Sanie to help the civilians. Presia and Flyx will pair up to sooth the pain of the ones who have suffered."
    Jin gave some task as he makes a teleportation circle below him.

"Where are you going..?"

"I'm going to check the Verdant Forest. I left some stuff there that I need to take."
    Jin weakly smiled as he teleported.

<Verdant Forest>

Jin staggers from getting exhausted. He then follows his trails as he took the souls he killed and ate them. He then arrives at the [Sanctuary] where the corpse's Ragshelm was.

"I need to at least make equipment for them. If I'm not there with them I will worry. I need to help them grow stronger enough to defend themselves when I'm not there."
    Jin grabs some of the Sprrigan trunk and roots. He also disassembles the leather of the Wurms. He looks to the dragon corpse as he started plucking some its feather, a piece of the broken spike which was protecting the core and some scales.

"Well, this enough..."
    Jin sigh finally thinking he took enough as he teleported. But he didn't teleport back to the Aeternus.

<Shamal's Realm>

"Why are you here...?" Shamal sigh as he looks at the visitor laying dead on the ground. Well, he is actually alive. "Jin, my house is not a place you can come anytime you want without permission--"

Before Shamal could continue he could feel Jin's body growing cold as he was breathing harshly.

"Did you push yourself too hard again?"
    Shamal sigh as he pulled a blanket and cover Jin. "Well, you know me I don't sleep, I only meditate."

"I'm fine... just let me rest here okay. I... I don't want them to worry about me."

"Okay... okay... I'll go outside for now. The aura you're releasing is making me uncomfortable."

"Sorry...."
    Jin weakly said as he falls to asleep.

"Geez, what did this idiot done that the demon aura and holy aura are messing with each other...?"
    Shamal walk away deciding to hunt for food.

「 Well, you are suffering well hahaha. Anyway, here I am to say the task for you. Well, I got 3 of them.」

「 Don't look at me like that. You said a task but didn't specify if it's only one.」

「 First, find a teacher who will give you a lesson about high-level magic. I ain't gonna baby you and keep listening everytime you need guidance. Look for someone powerful enough that will satisfy me. What that doesn't sound a task at all? Ahahaha, the stronger you are the better it is for me. I don't want my entertainment to die that soon.」

「Second create a demon from your own mind. Use your demon manipulation ability. You were able to turn that bandit into a demon. But I want you to create one out of nothing. Pretty simple right...?」

「 Lastly, is to relive your most horrid past. That one that keeps hunting you. The one who changed you so much and cause you to arrive at Aeternus Floating City.」

「 Why are you looking at me like that..? The tasks are pretty simple. Goodbye then suffer well, you have abused your powers but it is not enough to kill you. 」

「Hope you continue to show me amusement little child.」
    2 Wurm leather
    1 Spprigan Trunk and roots.
    1 Dyrad Nalmika rapier and roots.
    30 devouredmen souls [3 bottle with 10 souls each]
    10 Ragshelm's feather
    8 Ragshelm's scales
    12 Ragshelm's spike fragment from the core.
    4 Ragshelm's core fragment (small).
    Fever

OOC; Warning might contain rainbows font. This what will happen if you have too many followers Orz. Well writing their interaction is fun.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  4. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    @BlancFrost
    < Blanc's PoV >
    Blanc walked down the Guild HQ hallway, only the sound of her footsteps breaking the silence. Though she held herself with a calm air, her face was marred with worry as she thought about the events of the past few days; of the attack, of those lost or hurt, of the future of the Guild and Aeternus itself. This was the changing of an Era and only time would tell if it was for the better or worse.

Blanc stopped in front of the Guild Master's door and hesitated for a moment, before giving a deep sigh and reaching out to open the door. However, as Her hand landed on the doorknob, a force swept through her body like a lightning bolt. She took a deep, gasping breath as her eyes clouded over with a white, swirling mist and her stamina was drained slightly. She stood there frozen, eyes wide open, mouth agape as a white mist filled the area and slowly took the form of a man.

< Matthew's PoV >
    Matthew didn't know how long he'd been floating in the endless white expanse, both his body and mind formless; both at once part of and separate from the white eternity surrounding him. But he didn't mind too much. It was warm. It was safe and it called him to forget his troubles and burdens and to just sleep. Sleep there forever and be lost within. Suddenly, or maybe over a long time, Matthew didn't know which, there was a change in the endless whiteness. A small voice of a young woman called out, breaking the infinite silence.

"Matthew, you have to wake up"

The voice called out again, gentle and caring, like a Mother rousing her child from bed,

"Matthew, its time to go."

The sound of the voice shook Matthew to his core, it sounded too familiar, though he couldn't place it. Again, the voice called out, a little sterner this time, but still soft,

"Matthew, you can't stay here. There's still work to be done. Let's go."

Matthew shrugged the voice off again and "turned" away. The white place was comfortable. He didn't want to go back there. Didn't want to remember. The voice spoke once more, this time with authority that shook the white space and cleared Matthew's mind of the drowsiness in an Instant,

"Mathew! Wake Up!"

In the next instant, the whiteness because to violently swirl around him, through his mind into chaos, and the voice called out once more through the storm, again soft and caring as a Mother,

"Stay strong, Matthew. The Work is not yet done. But the time for rest will come. I love you, my little Dove".

As the voice faded out, Matthew felt his vision blur and then the Whiteness turned to black.

When Matthew came to, He was standing in the middle of a dimly lit corridor in front of a young woman who was breathing heavily and sweating slightly as she leaned against a heavy wooden door. Matthew realized where he was as the memories came flooding back and reached toward Blanc in a slight panic. He lifted her head up, gently turning it about as his hand blazed to light with a soft white flame. As the Spiritual Light gently did its work, Matthew scanned the young woman with magic before giving a deep sigh of relief. He didn't know who or what had forced his Awakening, but it looked like there were no permanent side effects to the young woman, just a bit of exhaustion and nothing more.

His fears eased, Matthew became aware of what he was doing and quickly dropped his armed and backed away a few steps. He stood in awkward silence for a moment, before look at the young woman in the eye and gave a relieved smile before taking a bow before speaking out in a soft voice;

"I'm sorry for being Rude. I am glad to see that Ms. Lee has recovered well. I'm grateful for your assistance earlier."

With that, he turned and began walking down the hallway. He didn't know how long he was "Asleep" for, nor what had happened between then and now. It seemed he'd have to go ask some questions.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    ((This should come after the teaser I put at the raid aftermath post.

Ah, I added 2 new characters, so there are 2 more colors that I'm using now. Please do tell me if they're hard to read... One of them feels a tad too bright for me, but not enough to need a change... Unsure on how it feels on everyone else.

Do tell me if it's bad though! I can change it to an easier on the eyes one!

Oh, and 4649 words! There is still hope for me! I can do things with acceptable sizes! \(^^)/))

Hikari was flying... Flying flying and flying... For how long was Hikari flying...?

... Is Hikari really moving? Is Hikari not on the same place... It all looks the same... Hikari really can't see anything different... Is it really going to get Hikari somewhere...?

... Hikari was tired... Not really, Hikari didn't do anything tiring... But still, Hikari was tired... Hikari can't see the sun, so Hikari doesn't know the time... Hikari doesn't feel sleepy, but Hikari thinks it has been more than a day... Hikari wants to do something... Anything... Somebody please talk to Hikari...

Hey... Isn't there really anyone out there... Please...? Hikari is lonely... Just... Just talk to Hikari okay? Let Hikari... Let Hikari meet someone... Please...

Why... Why doesn't this end...? Why is Hikari still here...? *sobs* Hikari wanna go home... Hikari wanna see Mama... Hikari wanna see Yukari-sama... *sobs* Please please let Hikari go home... Someone please answer Hikari!!!

Hikari was lying around... Hikari was tired of moving, it was enough... Maybe if Hikari stays here, someone could come to Hikari... Hikari didn't care anymore... Nobody will come... Nobody will meet Hikari... Nobody...

... Hey...? You there... Yes... You... Don't you want to answer Hikari...? Yeah... Just... Just stop reading this already and... Come here... Come talk to Hikari... No? Wants to see what happens next...? Alright then... Not like Hikari can do anything anyway...

*crashes*

*hugs* "I'm sorry I took so long... You went through a lot... It's okay now... Everything will be okay..."

Hikari feels... Warm... Why is Hikari warm...? What is making Hikari warm...?

"Oi, it hasn't been enough time yet! You can't interfere like that!"

"Look at her for fuck's sake! She is already going mad! She is still a child! 2 years is way too much! She should've been released an year ago!"

"Ha! You say that just because she is your protegee! Beat it Old Hag, the rules are the rules, she deserves to pay for it!"

"Screw the rules! I refuse to let her stay another second like that!"

It's loud... Hikari is hearing noises... There are sounds around Hikari... Hikari feels nice... Hikari is smiling right now, isn't she?

"Oh, c'mon, it's just another 8 years, what's the worse that could happen~?"

"You damned-"

"Oi, shut up already the both of ya, ya're tiring mah ears with that."

"Look at who appeared... Talk about miracles, When was the last time you two were together anyway-"

"Didn't ya hear me...? I said... Shut. Up."

"Yuuka..."

"Hey old hag, tis' been a while! Haa... Anyway, the pointy ears is right ya know? Ya can't really reduce the girl's punishement just because ya're old as fak."

"... Wanna give it a go then?"

"Yeah, ya and what army? Last we had a go, ya ended in a pretty sorry state ya know?"

"Not like you were any different..."

Hikari feels strange... It is getting colder... It is not warm anymore... There is something... Something bothering Hikari... What is it...?

"Yeah? And how many deities do ya think are here? Can ya take everyone on by yerself ya idiot? Did the age get to yer head?"

"Serves you right old hag! Why don't you just bow your head down and apologize, I might let you go if-"

"I didn't give ya permission for speaking!"

"Waaaaaaaaaaah!!!"

Loud... It was really loud this time... Was there something happening...?
    ... Silent... Why...? Why is it silent... Do-don't leave Hikari on the silence... Talk... Talk to Hikari...

"... What do you want in here anyway?"

"Same thing as ya, baka. Take the girl out of this mess."

"Wha-what!?"

"Ya already saw me with her, didn't ya? Did ya really think I'd let her go through those crazy stuffs because of what those asses decided on?"

"Then why are-"

"Because... Those asses are bothersome, and shoving their heads into the walls might be easy, but killing them all would be a huge pain, and would annoy the other big ones because we would be giving them more work without all those assholes. I don't wanna cause have the responsibility of what happens to the girl then in mah hands, and ya know who they'd go after first."

*blink blink* "... Just on whose side are you on then!? Don't want to help, but want to take her out! Make your mind already!"

"And to think they called me the hot-headed one... Use yer head a bit ya idiot! What do ya when a child messes up and ya need to show them they're wrong?"

"..."

"Ya punish them, that's what ya do."

"So...?"

"Well, ya got it. Yer child is misbehaving, punish her. Make her learn, don't go spoiling her and cutting her punishment on the middle because ya like her... Ya need to learn, right? Then make her learn!"

It was shaking... Hikari's sight was shaking... Was something happening to Hikari...?

"I don't want it-"

"Ya think I do ya baka?! What else do ya wanna do? Throw her back in that thing for another 8 years? Or will ya kidnap her and bring her to yer home, refusing to allow her to leave, just to protect her from the others...? Yeah, that would go really well with that mother she has. Ya have a choice, go make it old hag."

The trembling stopped... Hikari felt... Wet? What was...

"Sorry..."

It was strange... Something was... Tampering... Entering... Hikari...? Ah, it hurts it is...

"Yu... Yukari-sama...?"

"Ha... You're back..." *hugs tightly*

Hikari looked around... Hikari was in a fancy room, Yukari-sama was hugging Hikari... Yuuka-sama was looking at Hikari with a... Sad face? There was a hole on a wall with a pointy-eared girl in it... And some other people looking angered... And... They were looking at Hikari...?

Something hit Hikari's foot, Hikari looked and saw a glass ball... A broken one... It was... Scary... It was really scaring Hikari...

"Wha-what is...?"

"Soul prison. Basically, a closed dimension that has all connections of all forms cut with the outside... Wonderful for boring people out of their minds, an empty place. A completely empty space devoid of anything."

Empty... No... No, Hikari doesn't want to-

"Yeah... You were there... For 2 years... Sorry."

"T-two... N-n-no! Hi-Hikari doesn't want to go back! Do-don't put Hikari there again! Hi-Hikari doesn't-"

"I'm sorry..."

"N-n-noaaaaaaH!!!"

It hurt! It hurt it hurt it hurt! Hikari entire body hurt! Make it stop! Make it stop!!! Gyaaaaa!!!

Huff... Huff... Huff... It stopped... It doesn't... It doesn't hurt anymore...

"Yeah... It's enough, isn't it, or does any of yer asses have anything to say?"

"Th-the hell is with enough!? You made the girl scream for a bit and then it's done?! I don't accept that!"

"What...? Jealous of the treatment she took?" *grins* "Should I give ya the same then~?"

"Je-jealous? I-"

*sighs* "1 month..."

"... Eh?"

"That's what she went through. 1 month in the sun, her mind crossed the border between the divine realm and the mortal realm, and that's where it ended. She didn't have enough understanding of her own condition to stop her mind from feeling something she would feel only with a body... Happy now?"

"E-eh!?"

"Yu... Yukari-sama...?"

"Should be more than enough, right? Or does any of ya bastards disagree?"

"..."

"Good. I'm out then, this place stinks.

Seriously..."
    *pats Hikari's head* "Never expected to come to this place again, ya should feel happy girl, ya have people that care plenty for ya."

Yuuka-sama left while walking away... The other people just looked until she left... Hikari's cheeks felt hot...

"Yu-Yukari-" *sobs* "sama... Why...?" *sobs*

"Sorry... It was your punishment for interfering with the mortal realm Hikari... There is some room in which nobody cares about what you do... Specially when you're strong enough for other deities to fear you... But not when you do it in front of everyone... Not when you are so open about it."

"Bu-but why!? Why can't Hikari help the people Hikari love!? Sho-should-" *sobs* "should Hikari just stay there seeing Jin-san die...? When Hikari could've helped save him...?"

"And then what...? You keep on helping your followers, and then the other deities start helping their followers as well... And suddenly, one of the people you love is fighting against someone some other deity loves... What then? Will you start a war with another god?"

"Tha-that is..."

"Don't avoid it Hikari... Would you?"

"Hi-Hikari... Doesn't-" *sobs* "doesn't know..."

"And that's the whole problem, you hadn't even thought about it..." *sighs* *hugs tighter* "I really didn't want to do that... I'm sorry...

But you really can't do that again, okay? Never. This time I could still find a way to save you... But you were really going completely mad over there... If you walked a bit further on that, I wouldn't be able to bring you back.

Promise me you won't do that again."

"Hi-Hikari... Okay... Hikari promises..."

"Good..." *deep breath* Yukari-sama stopped hugging Hikari and turned around "Well, that much is solved, right? Nobody gonna pick on my protegee because of that... She clearly shows that she learned after all~

Unless someone disagrees~

No? Excellent!"

The other people seemed scared of Yukari-sama... They didn't really seem like they had a choice on that...

"Yukari-sama... Where... Where is this...? Who are... Them?"

"Ah, right... I forgot... Hikari, this is the pantheon's meeting hall... The place where the rest of the gods of this world meet and discuss things... Or at least the ones that care anyway, there are plenty that just can't bother, and others that aren't just from this world, but from larger spaces, others that simply hate this place altogether and never come and... In other words, it's a complicated bother with a few self-entitled people that think they can do what they want because they set around a table to talk while others were sleeping.

... Well, not all, but plenty are like that."

"He-hey! Give us a bit more respect! Just because you-"

"Oh, and that one is Parsee, a goddess of Jealousy, I guess you'll be able to see how petty she is pretty quickly... She is surprisingly bad at knowing her place though."

Yukari-sama glared at Parsee-sama... Parsee-sama shivered from that... Hikari... Didn't know Yukari-sama could be this scary...

"Anyway... I'll take my leave for now... If you want to go back, just head through that door." *points at a big door* "You should be able to go to the mortal realm from that, and then, you just need to find where your body is. Should be simple enough, alright?"

"Yu-Yukari-sama i-is leaving Hi-Hikari...?"

"Not leaving you silly, just leaving this place... If I remain here, those people won't show any of their true colors... Which is wise on their part. So, if you want to take a look, you better see it for yourself.

You don't really need to though, Ran, for example, never bothered to even see their faces."

"U-understood!

... Hikari will try taking a look then..."

*pat pat* "Take care okay? And don't let them hurt you, you're a goddess as well, you have the right to be respected."

"O... Okay... Hikari will try!"

"Good, then I'm leaving. Take care!"

Yukari sama turned around and left... Hikari just looked at her until she went through the door and... Eh? Yukari-sama disappeared!?

"Good ridance... About time she left!"

"Your fault for poking an Elder Goddess, you should be smarter than that."

"Ah, shut up! Hey girl, come on, since you're here, might as well make yourself useful for something."

"Ha-hai!"

Hikari approached and sat down on a chair that was facing a big round table, Parsee-sama sat on Hikari's side... Scary, it felt like the others were all looking at Hikari... Hikari didn't like this feeling...

"Alright, so... With the girl's punishment out of the way, what was today's agenda again?"

"There was a big volcano eruption on the Beastman Continent, the survivors of the nearby villages were praying for help in rebuilding."

"The hell with that!? Can't they just move away from the area near a volcano anyway?"

"It is a pretty fertile area after all. Seems natural to have some move-"

"Bullshit, leave them be, they'll just end up praying again when their village goes down the next time anyway."

"I-isn't it bad to not help those that pray to us...?"

"Eh!? You nuts kid? What would you do if every single prayer got people to get divine help somehow? It would be so much of a bother... Too much work in the first place."

"Bu-but... But Hikari always answers the sacrifices for Hikari... Hikari knows she doesn't have many worshippers in the first place, but it is not that hard to answer them... Hikari doens't think it would be a bother even if Hikari got more..."

"Ah, right... Yeah, that's for the easy requests, if someone offers something to you, that's easy peasy, just answer and its done... But when someone prays 'Oh gods, please help my younger brother to get over his sickness', the prayer doesn't go to anyone, so we end up needing to deal with it like that... Well, not all that is, those small prayers are just left to... To lesser gods like you! Why are you even here in the first place!? Go do your job properly!"

"Ah-ah-ah-ah-"

*laughs* "You know perfectly well though? It's because she has a huge backing and putting her to do menial task would be one heck of a idiocy!" *laughs* "Jealous of her Parsee? Bet you just want to make her go through the things you had to some ages back."

"Ah! Shut up! Who cares if I'm jealous!? If someone can be jealous, that someone is me!"

"Do-don't fight-"

"And you stay out of it!"

"Hi-Hikari is sorry! Hikari didn't want to bother Parsee-sama!" >.< *bows*

"Sa-sama...? Tha-that's right! You should respect me! So go do your job right!"

"Ha-hai! Hikari will do it!"

Hikari rose from her seat and started to leave on the direction pointed by Parsee-sama, Hikari could hear something on her back though...

"Changed from jealous mode to Tsundere mode?" *laughs*

"Shut up!"

Hikari wonders what that means...

After walking down some stairs, Hikari arrived at... What is this place?

There were lots of... Of angels? They were flying around busily handling lots of paperwork, and a huge other lot writting on the paper... There were some other beings too though, they looked less angel-like... Are they the other deities that are helping out here...?

"What are you slacking off on? Go to your seat already!"

"Se-seat!? Whe-where? Hikari doesn't-"

"Good riddance, a complete newbie! Go over there and start working for who knows which god's sake!"

"Ha-hai!"

Why-why is an angel so scary!? Ran-sama never told Hikari they were like that!!! >.<

Hikari ran towards the pointed seat, and saw a pile of paper next to her... Is this...?

"Get moving!"

"Hai!"

Hikari took one sheet from the pile...

Prayer from a Kobold Boy on a Village in Verdant

Please gods, save my mother from her sickness, father is so worried and sad... I want to see him smile again, and all I can do is pray... Please...

Tha-that is... Hi-Hikari should help... Uhn... Then should Hikari send her Divine Energy and... Phew... Alright, this should help her recovery... Hikari hopes it is enough...

The sheet of paper disappeared from Hikari's front, and Hikari felt some Divine Energy getting to Hikari... Eh!? This isn't nearly as much as Hikari just spent!! >.<

Hikari took another one.

From a girl on the Holy Empire

Oh lord Luminous, that sinner slave messed up again, please bring as much suffering for her parents as they deserve, just cutting another piece of her tail doesn't feel enough these days. She really needs to learn what tea is right for what time...

Eh? Thi-this is terrible!? Hi-Hikari can't accept something like that! A-away with it!

The sheet disappeared, Hikari didn't feel any energy getting to Hikari this time...

Another...

From a man on the Holy Empire

Lord Luminous, today we're out for hunting again! Please grant us your blessings, let there be many foolish beastkin for us to capture this time!

No-no way! Another one disappeared, Hikari took the next.

From a Necromancer on the Artic Tundra

Give me some new tools gods, the current ones are rotting too fast even under this climate, I need more! They still need-

E-enough! Go away!

From a priest in the Holy Empire

Lord Luminous, please grant those poor sinners salvation, let their suffering on this life redeem their souls, and grant them a peaceful afterlife, for even if their existence is sinful, their soul still deserves salvation.

Hi-Hikari isn't quite sure what to do with this... Eto... Wait... Didn't Parsee-sama say those were only for the prayers that weren't directly for deities... Why is Hikari taking those from...

"Need help?"

"Ah-ah! Do-don't surprise Hikari like that!" >.<

Hikari turned around to see who was talking to her.

"Sorry sorry, you just showed a troubled face, so... I thought you needed help, more often than not, it's my fault anyway..."

Hikari saw a... Hikari isn't quite sure, they had long hair, and a girlish face, but the body was a bit masculine... Hikari was confused... They were standing next to Hikari, but Hikari didn't quite see them when she sat down... Hikari must have not noticed their approach.

'Yo-you are...?"

"Oh, sorry, I thought you knew, most people do at a glance. Luminous, pleased to make your acquaintance."

"Ah, Hi-Hikari, pleased to meet Luminous-sama as well." *bows*

Luminous-sama blinked a few times and after a short break... Started laughing...?

"Di-did Hikari do anything!? Is everything alright!?"

"No no, i-it's okay." *giggles* "It's just... It's been a long long time since I last received a reception like this one... It was just... Unexpected."

"Why would it be unexpected though... Shouldn't it be a normal reaction?" *tilts head*

"Well, you know... I'm not the most loved deity in here and all..."

"Hikari thinks it's hard to be the most loved though?" *tilts head to the other side*

"No, I mean... Well, I'm quite disliked I guess..."

"Re-really? Bu-but Hikari barely started and already saw plenty of prayers for Luminous-sama! Why would Luminous-sama be disliked then!? People seem to put a lot of faith in Luminous-sama!"

"You really don't...? That is... Surprising I must say... Either you don't know anything about the world down below, or you're really really dense..."

"Hmmm... Hikari doesn't know much... Hikari can't remember things from more than a few months ago, and Hikari doesn't remember hearing from Ran-sama about Luminous-sama either, so... Hikari doesn't know much..."

"Ah... I see... How to explain it... What were the contents of the prayers?"

"The contents...? They were... Hikari thought they were mostly horrible!" >.<

"Exactly..." *sighs* "The Empire is full of fools, they think I hate non-humans and want to do their very best to show humans' supremacy... Absolutely foolish I say, they should know better..."

"But... There was a nice one there as well... Hikari didn't look at many, but... Here." *gives them the sheet of paper* "It is a prayer from a priest... Hikari doesn't think what the priest is thinking of them is nice... But he is still wishing them well in the end... Hikari thinks that can be nice by itself..."

Luminous-sama read the paper before sighing. "Yes... You are correct, and that is exactly why I can't abandom them... They are really dedicated on their belief, they really put a lot of trust on me and are completely faithful to what they believe to be my teachings... How could I let go of such a hopeless bunch? Even if they're crazy on what they believe in?"

"Um! Hikari thinks Luminous-sama is right! They can still be kind even with those weird thoughts! Luminous-sama should stay on the side of the people Luminous-sama cares for!"

"Is that so...? That's not the usual line of thought... Well, there you have it."

"Have it...?" *tilts head* "Hikari has what...?"

"The reason I'm not looked kindly upon."

"Fo-for staying on Luminous-sama's followers' side!? Bu-but why...? It is only natural isn't it?"

"Because... Those people are a hassle, they cause a lot of trouble to everyone else outside of the Empire, the other deities don't take it kindly to have their subjects time and time again troubled. Specially when I do nothing about it."

"But... Can't Luminous-sama do something about it...?"

"I wish I could... It's been so long, that I doubt they would hear me even if I myself went there directly... It's the very foundation of their society after all.

I got tired... I don't wish for them to be like this, but I don't know how to fix it either... I ended up letting my angels handle most of the work regarding the prayers and offerings, but the Empire is quite big, so the work ends up overflowing to other deities... Which doesn't really makes them any happier, since prayers for me don't give them any energy anyway."

"Hikari... Hikari doesn't know what to say..."

"You don't have to say anything child, just the thoughts are enough... Ah! We went off-topic, I got closer because you seemed troubled, what is it that you needed, Hikari, right?"

"Ri-right! Hikari wished to know what to do with this priest's prayer actually... It was praying them some good fortune, but also saying they deserved to suffer... Hikari didn't know if she should grant it or not..."

"Oh, this? It's okay to grant only the part you agree with, or just refuse it anyway, it will be okay in the end."

"Re-really? Hikari thought Hikari should grant the whole of it..."

*giggles* "That's because you haven't received any really big prayer yet, once someone spends an hour praying for things, you realize you can't just accept everything that was asked of you."

"Ah... Go-got it! Hikari will remember it! Then... Just a peaceful afterlife for them..."

The sheet disappeared from Hikari's front, Hikari didn't get any energy, but didn't spend any either...

"Eh? Hikari didn't feel a loss of divine energy..."

"Ah, that's normal, this wish doesn't really take anything to be granted after all. Mortals tend to believe there is a good afterlife and a bad one, but who would send people to suffer after they are dead? What would we even gain from it...? In the end, it's just a needless wish, but that deserves the proper attention anyway, since it matters for them after all."

"Um-Uhm! Hikari understands! Hikari will keep on working hard!

Can... Can Hikari ask for Luminous-sama's help in case Hikari gets troubled again...?"

"Of course, I will be happy to help."

Hikari turned her chair back and got back to going through the papers, Luminous-sama sat next to Hikari and started working too...

At times Hikari would ask for help, and Luminous-sama would kindly give some pointers to Hikari... It was nice, Hikari felt at ease like that. Luminous-sama even helped on things not related to the Empire as well, so Hikari felt quite at ease.

"Haa... Finally finished~

It certainly took quite a while to go after all that..."

"Quite dedicated you are, to spend 3 years looking at papers non-stop like that? I'm impressed."

"...
    ... Eto... Could... Could Luminous-sama repeat that...?"

"What? That you're dedicated?"

"No no, not that... For... For how long did Hikari remain here...?"

"3 years, it's quite impressive."

"Hi-Hikari spent 3 years away!?!?!??! Wha-what will Hikari do!? What happened to the guild!? I-is everyone alright!? What will Mama feel for having Hikari spending this much time away!? Ah-ah-ah-Hi-Hikari needs to hurry back and-"

"Whoa whoa there, calm down... Time doesn't flow the same here and on your realm..."

"It... Doesn't...?"

"No, no it doesn't. I mean, some things require really urgent decisions, and that can't be solved quickly, so it's natural for us to need more time, right?"

Hikari calmed down a bit after hearing that, still...

"Then... For how long did Hikari remain here... On Hikari's normal time...?"

"Only 3 days, plus any amount you spent before arriving on this room that is. Though time up there should spend at around the same pace as down here."

A wave of relief washed over Hikari... Hikari is glad...

"3 days only then... Haa... Hikari was really scared back there... Still... Hikari thinks it's about time Hikari goes. Hikari should still be... Actually, what would be happening to Hikari in this meantime?"

"What would? Well, if you still have a body there, it would probably be sleeping."

Wait what!?

"Wha-wha-what does Luminous-sama mean with if Hikari still has a body!?"

"Well, maintaining a body costs quite a lot of energy in the first place, add to that the fact that you aren't even there, your body might have just dissolved to help you conserve energy-"

Hikari jumped out of her chair.

"Hi-Hikari needs to go! It was nice talking to Luminous-sama! Have a nice day!"

Hikari rushed out of the room as fast as she could and flew over the stairs. Passing by the table with the other deities quickly as well.

"Oi, where do you think you're going like that!? Be more-"

"Sorry, Hikari is in a hurry! Laters!"

Hikari flew over and reached the door Yukari-sama had passed through, Hikari opened it and... A strong dizziness assaulted Hikari... It took a while for Hikari to get better... Now... Where is Hikari's-

There! It's over there!

Hikari flew over, Hikari felt really lighter than usual for some reason, and flying felt really really easy... As if this was natural... Ah! Hikari is in soul-only! Souls should fly all the time... Right?

Hikari reached Aeternus and saw the city in shambles... What... What happened here? And... Why isn't Hikari home...?

Hikari flew forward. There were lots of broken buildings and saddened people... Seems like the attack was really harsh on Aeternus... Hikari wonders if she could've-

No... Hikari wouldn't have done anything... Hikari couldn't do anything after all... Hikari would just... Look at it....

Will Hikari need to experience this every time something happens...? Hikari... Hikari doesn't want this feeling... But Hikari promised Yukari-sama...

Hikari reached the temple, on a room, there was Hikari's body in it... It was there, Hikari is sure of it!

Hikari entered the room and Hikari saw herself... Since when... Since when was Hikari this pale...? And... Skinny... Hikari could barely see any flesh left on her body... But it was still there. It was still okay.

Hikari entered her body and-

Ugh... Hikari was tired. Hikari was very very tired... It seemed really hard to move... Hikari felt... Like leaving... Like leaving this...

No! Hikari won't leave her body! Hikari will remain here!

Hikari just needs to work hard... Hikari will get better... Hikari just needs to keep doing her best... It will be okay, it will definitely be okay...

Hikari got up from the bed... It took more effort than Hikari imagined... Okay, one step at a time... Here we go Hikari, let's do this...

Hikari left the temple and looked for the secret teleport that linked to her home... It was still there, Hikari felt glad... Hikari wasn't sure she would be able to get back otherwise...

Hikari entered the gate and went home... Hikari moved through the rooms until she found Mama...

Mama... Mama Mama Mama... Hikari missed Mama... It felt like it had been ages since Hikari last saw Mama...

Hikari ran towards Mama and hugged her.

"Mama! Hikari is back! Hikari is back! Sorry for keeping you waiting Mama! Hikari is back! Hikari is back!"

Hikari held Mama and snuggled unto her lap.

"Hikari missed Mama... Hikari is glad to be back... Hikari is really glad to be back..."

Hikari was really... Really glad to see Mama again... How could Hikari stay that long away and not even notice...? Hikari really didn't want to stay away again... Hikari definitely didn't...

((Whom to poke whom to poke...?

Let's see...

@Kuma Desu ! Here are the stuff we talked about!
    @JinVodka Here it is! Hikari is awake now! \(^^)/))

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  6. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    PoV – Tene​

It can't go on like this. The problem, which I am rather sure by now is a side effect of dimensional magic and planar travel is only getting worse. Just now, I walked through a closed door without noticing. It's like it wasn't even there. With things being like this, there is no way I can stay here and keep the others from noticing. Finally coming to a decision, I try to make my way to any of the teleport gates in order to get down to the surface. Once I arrive there, I will wander around until I have found a solution.

I leave the guild tavern and suddenly stop, noticing that something is strange. But at the same time, I see myself walking a few additional meters forward, then turning around, showing my shocked face, as if in a mirror. I blink my eyes in disbelief, only to notice that nothing is there when I open them again. I seem to have appeared in a frozen wasteland, endless. In the sky above me, I can see another world, filled with vulcanoes that light up the world instead of stars or moons. A few seconds later, I am back in Aeternus again.

Even more worried than before I continue, and it takes a few hours until I finally arrive at an airship leaving Aeternus. As there is the chance that I won't arrive at a teleport gate at all, I board it and decide to wait in my room for the duration of the flight. The first few dozen minutes pass calmly, but suddenly, I find myself passing through the floor, falling out of the airship while mid-flight. Panicking, I transform my arms and legs into wings made for gliding, and barely manage to stop my fall without them tearing, then continue to glide forward, slowly losing height.

While gliding, I seem to pass through various other regions, gliding underwater for some time, then passing over a desert filled with scorpions, a world with four suns circling it with great speed, slowly floating through the coldness of space, and completely losing any sense of time I had. I don't know how long I have been gliding, or where I am right now. I am having too many visions and, with me being unable to tell if any of them is fake, am unable to properly tell where I really am once I reach the ground.

Looking around I seem to be on top of some icy mountains, then in a forest with trees or bushes only reaching my hip but so dense that you can't see the floor, then I am on a plain, filled with a lone, dead tree from while to while, that is entirely covered in sickly looking grass. I just keep walking. Through blizzards, over weird clouds that can sustain my weight, from one mountain peak to another, along a deserted road, through dark caves – I just keep walking. On and on, passing sandstorms, flooded areas, passing razed villages, fields filled with corpses, many of them looking like myself, whatever I see, I just keep walking. Tirelessly, like the homunculus I am.

Then I come upon a pond with a silver, glittering liquid inside. I look down at its surface, seeing my face reflected within it. It's changing, from one I thought to be my own to ones I know, to completely foreign ones. But all of them don't feel wrong. It's like I really look like that, all of that at once. Like I am all of these persons, ever so slightly different, but still me.

I close my eyes and shake my head, and upon opening them again, the pond is gone and I am walking the hallways of a prison, dark and moldy, those chained to the walls long starved and turned into skeletons, but their souls still bound to their corpses by their chains, forever barring them from any afterlife that might exist except this mind breaking one, where nothing changes for years. In the distance, I can see a light, where the ceiling caved in. Now carefully climbing up, the light is getting smaller and smaller, until it completely disappears and I am digging my way to the surface through the earth. A few seconds later, I break through, emerging from what seems to be a molehill on a clearing within a forest, beautiful flowers growing in batches on it, feasting upon the rotting carcasses of animals foolish enough to not notice their poison or teeth. I also see a mole getting eaten, fresh blood still gushing forth from its injuries, just one meter away from me. Upon moving, I notice that I have turned into one of the carnivorous flowers, now also feasting on the mole, and noticing that it is still alive. Dying quickly, but still alive.

I completely emerge from the earth, returning to my old body, a rope around my neck and standing beneath gallows, a rampaging crowd beneath me, accusing me of killing their families, stealing, not saving their children and husbands, not stopping the war, and murdering my own father. I just listen, looking down at them, at the spiteful horde. Not saying a word, until the floor disappears beneath my feet and I fall down, the light quickly fading and only remaining a small point, barely visible from the bottom of the well I am in.

Then something grabs my feet and pulls me down beneath the surface. I struggle, breaking free and driving the creature away, barely making out its many limbs and tentacles before I continue to swim away, my great body moving through the dark depths with surprising ease and speed. Noticing that I am slowly losing air, I return to the surface, breaking through it and taking a big breath of air. In every direction is water, and I am a whale, a giant within the sea, able to contend with even the greatest of predators. A bit to my right another, normal sized whale takes a breath of air, revealing my gigantic size to me. I am the Leviathan, whale, dragon, snake, and crocodile at once. With one bite I swallow the whale, but it barely is enough to show a difference in this enormous hunger I am feeling. I return to the depths, to hunt.

Everywhere around me is sand. With a few hectic movements, I free myself and stand up, observing the mostly flat desert around me, giant rock formations protruding from the sand in the distance, wyverns and dragons soaring through the skies. Higher beings that deserve offers and prayers. My clan has to satisfy their wishes, or we lizardmen will face extinction. That's why I, their shaman, am here to listen to the dragons' wishes.

But I'm not a lizardman. I am a big worm, digging through the desert sand and swallowing unsuspecting victims, grinding them apart with my teeth filled mouth and interior.

I am a rat, scuttering through the sewers in search of food-

I am a king, reigning with terror-

I am a wolf, starving while-

I am a ghoul, eating-

I am a sheep-

I am a-

I am-

I-

I pull all of myself together. Everything spread over all of those dimensions, everything that I am, I gather it all in this body, filling my core with all and forgetting all. I am everything, but more importantly, I am. And I remember.

My ramblings, while I was wandering around, made everyone think I was a madman, and one village brought me into an old hut out of pity, giving me food from time to time. But I didn't eat any. And my ramblings became more and more accurate, speaking of death and destruction. Of guilt and crimes. Of past and future. Everything that wasn't, but might once was and might once be, and what might were, had one thing gone differently. I started losing my form, too. Growing additional limbs, spasming all over the place. Growing additional eyes, staring at the souls of those that visited me. Additional mouths, all telling of a different future. They grew scared of me. But everything is different now. There is something new about me, but I can't quite tell what.

I stand up, and all but one mouth close and disappear. I take one step, and all but two eyes retract into my body. I take another step, and all but four limbs fall off and disintegrate. With one final step, I reach the door, but start feeling so heavy. A crushing weight seems to set on me, dragging me down, and keeping me incapable of moving. Is this... a fear of what I might see behind this door? Or a feeling of guilt, for all the lives I've taken? It might be, but right now I just appreciate being who I am. With one slight push I open the door, and a colorful world reveals itself before me, missing any form of monotony, everything slightly different and every difference beautiful.

But then I feel something rumble beneath my feet. The feeling is small, but I can feel it without problems. Thousands of feet, rushing somewhere without any kind of order. It's moving towards the village. Now I also am. I have a bad feeling...

I arrive at the village, the confused villagers unable to recognize me as the rambling madman, and see how the earth breaks apart in the middle of the village plaza, ratmen emerging in great numbers, attacking and capturing the villagers. More and more stream forth from the hole, slowly flooding the entire village. Most would find the rats alone disgusting, not to mention them slaughtering and capturing the villagers. But shockingly, I can't help but find this scene as beautiful as everything else. However, not doing anything would make me feel guilty, so as the villagers turn to run from the ratmen, I grow additional limbs, jutted with spikes and blades, then start fighting the ratmen. Even their foul stench, smelling of sickness, blood, piss, and decay, I find even that beautiful, as I proceed to rip open their bodies and pierce their hearts and skulls. As there still are villagers here, I don't use poisonous gas in fear that it might hurt them.

But there are so many ratmen. Even with me killing them at a fast pace, they still are getting more and more, driving me back and trying to injure me with their sheer numbers, and there still are enough to chase down the unfortunate villagers. But their blades aren't sharp enough to cut open my strengthened skin, and their spears glide off due to their bad aim. But while they can't hurt me, I can't kill them fast enough to keep them from razing the entire village and killing and capturing all of the villagers.

Suddenly the mass of ratmen near me disperses, and well trained and armed ratmen surround me, wielding shard spears and wearing blood-red armor.

[​IMG]

Their weapons injure me, and their armor protects them, while their skill and coordination keep them from dying against me, with their numbers slowly increasing. Then, I start using dimensional magic to slip through some of their attacks, creating barriers with kicked up dust to block some of them from attacking, and finally slowly pushing them back. Then I notice something flash from within the horde of observing ratmen, and before I can dodge, a magical net binds me, my very being and the mana I am made of in place, completely sealing my movements. The horde parts and forth comes a ratmen with strange machines, pointing a magical staff in my direction.

[​IMG]

With his chittering voice he seems to command the other ratmen to capture me, as they grab and carry me, together with the rest of the villagers, their corpses and anything of value, down through the hole, and deeper into the earth, burning the entire village down, which makes the entire scene look no different from a bandit attack. A weird dark cloud conjured by the ratmen covers my entire body, stripping me of my senses. Somehow, I can't help but feel excited, thinking about the new things I will see.

Exactly two hours, thirty-one minutes and forty seconds later, the dark cloud dissipates, showing me that I have been strapped to an experimental table. I am still bound by the net, and near me are a few ratmen, working with weird constructs and performing experiments on their unfortunate subjects, half being other ratmen and the other half being villagers. Me included.

The experiments are gruesome, interesting and strangely fascinating. If I had a sense of pain, I would be mad by now, but I don't. So I remember it all. How some of the ratmen and villagers get turned into monsters while screaming in pain, and how some, perhaps the luckier ones, die within seconds. The net disappeared a few days ago, but I remain still, watching the experiments, and getting experimented on. The experiments on me aren't that many and don't seem to be aimed at transforming me. More like determining what I am.

Over the period of a week, I slowly learn their language. They seem to call themselves the Skaven. But there also are weird stories of a prophet, that brings visions of corruption, visiting Skaven settlements and leaving those that listen to him behind in a strange state of fear and ecstasy. However, I decide that I have been here long enough. Once the activity in this laboratory dies down, I change my body, easily escaping the constraints that held me down. The entire room is separated from the rest of this settlement by use of a forcefield powered by those green crystals, wyrdstone they call it. However, this forcefield can't hold me off – while shielding the laboratory in every dimension, it is prone to get negated by other wyrdstone. Within a minute I have a one time use device, and negate the forcefield with it, then pass through the door in a parallel dimension where it doesn't exist, and returning once I passed it, but in the form of a Skaven.

It's easy for me to pass as one of them, and I navigate through the settlement with surprising ease. But before I can escape, something strange happens. All of the Skaven suddenly start rushing in one direction, as if irresistibly attracted by something. Not following the horde would arouse suspicion, so I follow them, actually kind of curious where they are going.

As I follow them, we seem to walk up endless stairs. Shocked, I notice that this is not natural. Some kind of supernatural influence is here, and it's leading the Skaven. At the end of the stairs, I can see an entrance to a rather small room, but somehow, Skaven are endlessly entering it. Everything is screaming danger at me, but I can't help but be drawn forward out of curiosity. At the entrance, I stop. Inside, I can see all of the Skaven squeezed together. On top of a stage is a thing, I can see that it is Skaven, human, and many horrible abominations at once, endless forms, both horrifying and beautiful. Without a doubt, a being of unfathomable power. The prophet the Skaven speak of. I am looking at it, and it is looking at me. It seems to know everything about me, and much more. I know that should I enter, there will be no turning back. It will change me forever.

I turn back without speaking a word and return to Aeternus by use of dimensional magic. But both I and the creature know that I will return. The seed of curiosity has been planted, and it will keep growing. In that split moment in which we had eye contact I also learned of its name, but I dare not to think or speak of it. I will only call it the Crawling Chaos.

But for now, I am back in Aeternus, back home.

7. Evil Lee

Evil Lee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The man was a guard captain on one of the many border outposts to defend the Holy-Empire and Mortal Grassland border, watching carefully on his stone watch-tower when the door abruptly cracked open.
    "Who's there! Show yourself!

A raspy voice called out "The time Is nigh" and when the guard tried to look for the source, there was a man hidden in the darkness near the door.

The Guard captain took out a sword and pointed it at the darkness near the door

"Show yourself! or get slain in the name of the Goddess!" The captain was actually scared

S***less, he never expected anyone to be able to just sneak into a guard tower surrounded by many of his comrades!

But then he felt something in him comply, as if his deepest desires were being accepted "Time is short, The festival approaches." Somehow, he knew what it means, and felt that it represented him, and what he really wanted.

"Start, The Circus"
    The guard woke up from his stupor and went to where the shadow was with a torch, only to find nothing.

"What was that? Why do I have my sword out? I must ave been drinking."

and so, the guard captain sat in his tower, unknowing of what had happened to him and 5 other sons of generals, as he watched the border once again.

Current Title, Bagamul the smart and Vicious General

"Chieftan Bagamul, A scout has found a time-gap in which the adventurers seemed to not be attacking the wild Orcs!, Chieftan Grukk has sent a message that he is preparing his raiding parties to see what's going on!"

I sighed "This information is will need to be confirmed, you remember the slaughter they had of our kin"

"Yes Wise Chieftain, you told us that we were not to go because there was something wrong about it."

Ha, good thing I was too lazy to actually command a Warband back then, though I won't let anyone call my bluff

"Indeed, I believe it to be a revelation from the spirits, now, send a few raiding parties and help chieftain Grukk for now, make sure to only target weak groups, try not to attack any adventurer for now, though that can be ignored if they attack you, or suddenly appear while your attacking a weak caravan."

before the scout left to relay my orders "Make sure to retreat if there are adventurers that look strange, strange looking adventurers are ones to be wary of."
    "Yes Chieftan! I obey your orders!"

Damn those adventurers, *laughs* they took all of my competition away! Now it will be easy to take the leadership of all the Orc Tribes for myself when my power rises.

I walk outside my tent to see orcs training heavily under the sun, we had scorned techniques using anything other than brute force, and we paid for it in blood, I take a book out that I had gotten my hand on when I captured a strange man with a strange book, I was able to torture out of him the language for a year after which I killed him at the end, then I was able to read this 'cultivation' manual.

I then set my tribe to start training in the arts, but I kept myself more powerful by absorbing the materials he had on him, making me 4 times more powerful and wise than the average orc!

Mwahahahahahahahaha! One day, This land will all be mine!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  8. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Drunken because it was the first time I ever drank alcohol, I began talking and rumbling about meaningless things to my comrades and friends at the Tavern, obviously Liya already knew, so if he was here, so be it, if he wasn't, so be it.

No need to care that lot about that, he wanted to forget the past, no precisely to move on.

-Stop thinking too much and begins this so-called hopeless story-

Nally never believed my when I said that my childhood was only misfortune on misfortune on misfortunes... so what if they didn't believe this Bloody Bastard ?
    Those sincere friends of mine will now hear the Bloody Bastard's childhood and how he became so mentally unstable then...

-Just begin already...-

«Many years ago...»

Oh well... since I'm 29, it has only been... 23 years...?

- - -

Dragging this thing by the hair, on the road, in the mud, this foolish and senseless creature was going to snatch his head, his num and skinned feet were unreactive and seemingly bloodless, his yellowish skin was unsighty, making it look inhuman, in the first place, was he thrashing a human, a pet or a slave ? None of them, its eyes were alike doll, his outfit was in the end just rags of ripped clothes too small for this little and frail thing.

His blood was spilling on the ground, mixing with rain and mud, turning it into a ugly color, it was tiring to this thing.
    When will this end ? Will he finally kill him in the end ? Will he disappear in the darkness like another of these beaten dogs ?

As always to keep his mind a bit steady, he said after faking some suffering's screams and cries... his face looking despicable... his rotten eyes looking pained yet indifferent...

«Life is worthless, yet, death is useless.»

Nothing has value in this meaningless world.
    God are useless sicne they are powerless down here, honestly talking, is life worth it ? Aren't animals killed to be eaten by senseless and foolish creature called humans, elves, orcs, demons, demi-humans, goblins, demon beast... we are foolish, we are worthless, we are disgusting.
    Royalty isn't different, unsighty, the same for the noble revering those useless gods...
    Then why doesn't he kill himself ?

He has even less worth than nothing, a piece of shit, a bastard, a hated object.
    Still flowing from his head, my legs and arms, what he's seeing became crimson, everything became less fake, ultimately, this world is all about life and death, blood is what they are, what they have in our body, and what they will lose.
    People tends to care about meaningless matters, this is why they still care about this dirty blood.

Suddenly, this living doll fell to the ground, feeling that something was different than usual, that foolish creature never ever realease him once, yet, not this time... does... it matter...?
    He probably only hurt his hand and lost his grap on his hair, nothing will ch-

He was wrong.

A familiar head, was rolling to his side, a foolish creature's head was in front of his fallen body... someone beheaded him, the supposed child sighed with a light smile, still lying in the mud, under the rain, he didn't move and said with an indifferent voice, without any problems, his vocie was cold, not childish, just a coldness that forgot the warm of life, that lived alone without anybody during the very start.

«What are you waiting for ? This foolish person never offended anyone, it's obvious that you killed him indiscriminately, he had no debt, he was living well. So, kill me now. I will wait for you in hell.»

Unexpectly, an unknown voice replied to him, a young voice, but also as cold as his, it asked with a monotone voice.

«Young Master, what did you do to go to hell ?»

Was he being hit in the head ? Why wouldn't he go to hell ?

«Idiot, there's no paradise, there's just hell. We're all going there... since this world only has unsighty people, how can paradise exist ?»

Can you imagine this, a six year old giving a lesson to a child seemingly in his early teens ?
    He looked up and saw the unknown's voice face, a stern and emotionless face, dark blond hair, gloomy blue eyes, smileless, lifeless... Just another doll.

Interesting, isn't it ? There's also people like him, wearing a heavy iron armor, the emblem of your «land» is on his shoulder, a white sword in front of a black and dark hand, he said with still the same tone and voice.

«You're wrong,we're already in hell, young master.»

The young master wasn't surprised or shocked by his words, if he already in end, he just got another reason to die, however, he was perplexed, why was he calling him young master ? Is that possible that... stop those silly thoughts child, it's just a mere fantasy, how could he, be the son of a noble or a bourgeois ? Otherwise why would he be living in the mud since his birth ?
    Also, the foolish creature never talked about having hostage during those useless six years of his life.

Emotionlessly, he had no choice but to stand up, neverthless, he said, looking at his injuried legs, at his unhealthly skin... with a indifferent voice.

«If I'm your so-called young master, just carry me. Do I look like I can walk on my own right now ?»
    «Of course not, but how can I protect you if I, your follower named Liya, have you as a burden on my back ?»

He had no choice but to walk with difficulty, but he did... and began following the back of this sturdy yet young child, after all, his fate won't ever be in his hand, but in another's hand, as always, he got used to it.
    Why is he in this situation ? He didn't know.
    Despite this, after a few dozens of minutes, he gave up on living, hearing the villager's whisper behind their back, he felt... strangely...

«Is he the..?»
    «Another new bastard of this damned lord.»
    «...this time, I wonder if this bastard is human...?»
    «...it is...?»
    «Right, I remember him, the Broken Old Doll, no ?»

Broken Old Doll was his nickname because of various reasons but mostly it was because of his look, obviously because...

«His skin looks so sick and old... yet he is child with no emotions at all... always beaten up, having broken bones is just his daily life.»

This young master, no Broken Old Doll was unexpectly famous, one who does not die no matter how many times you said to him 'scram and die' it's almost like death forgotten him, however, it seems like not only death forgotten him... but also hope.

«... at least, we will lose an useless one.»
    «I bet he will be the one who will last the longest time.»
    «Ah, I bet the same !»

These random talks sealed his fate and contrary to what they have though, he game him hope, maybe instead of killing himself, someone else will do this job.
    No need to uselessly continue on living.
    Laughing loudly, he walked faster while Liya stayed in front him, guiding him toward the door of death, as long as he can follow him, it can be the end....

After some minutes, they have arrived, at a mansion, who is massively protected, the guards were the same, heavy armors, however... something was alike Liya.
    All of them seemed lifeless, discarding all those useless and annoying feelings, but most people doesn't notice this fact, since this is far from being important, since even Broken Old Child Doll was watching something else...

Making him smile, there were children corpse bounded and pierced by diagonal wooden spikes which are part of the mansions's walls, doors... It was just another decorations...
    His eyes stuck to this sight became filled with a certain emotion, joy, he was feeling joy, he whispered with an unique and demented smile, showing a desire which he doesn't show often...

«Soon, I will be at their place.. it's...»

… just perfect.

- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -

-You were a suicidal kid ?!-
    Oh Nally, don't interrupt me... I often gave up killing myself because it was useless, yet I wanted to die, to be honest.
    Right now, I'm thinking that I really should have cut my wrist.
    -Liya wouldn't like...-
    Even if he heard me... he would forgive me
    -But this is not hopeless at all for now ! Since you're still alive !-
    Being alive doesn't mean that life is hopeful, just look at you... oh wait you have no body yet~
    -Just continue...-
    Sorry Nally~ I will~

- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -
    «Young Master, why are you smilling so creepily ?»

Liya said while looking curiously at him, he was probably perplexed, nobody will smile if death knock at their death, yet a six-seven years old is actually grinning widely and this smile seems insane.
    Without responding to his question, Broken Old Doll said with a sarcastic and joking tone.

«Don't call me young master you fool, call me Dead Child Number I don't know which one is it.»
    «Alright, Dead Child Number I don't know which one is it.»

Is he messing around with him ?
    Unexpectly the future dead child laughed at his word, because he really obeyed to his order... after laughing for a dozen of seconds, he sighed and remembered that the last time he laughed this way when the now beheaded foolish creature beated him up and after a few hours, he hurt his own fist while hitting him.
    It was hilarious, seeing this idiotic yet pained face made him laugh so much.

Plunging himself into 'happy memories' made smile, well, it's the end, anyway ? At least, he will die with a smile on his face, something that by killing himself, he won't be able to do.
    Walking slowly toward the mansion's door, Liya didn't follow him, he was perplexed and asked why while frowing with an indifferent smile.

«Dead Child Number I don't know which one is it, I will wait for your commands in your quarters.»
    «...Alright, when if I come back, I'll tell you to call me with different 'honorifics'.»
    «I will follow your every orders.»
    «...even if I tell you to kill yourself ?»
    «No.»

He made his master laugh once again, in fact, it wasn't funny, yet he laughed again... without minding the looks from the surrounding guards, he opened the door of his first and last journey, quite ironic, isn't it ?
    Only six year old, yet it's the end.
    Perfect... perfect...

Entering the mansion, he looked at hi right then at his left, both corridors were far too luxurious for a Lord of a remote place like this, how can he make so much gold ?
    Red carpets, many great and outrageous painting, the walls are carved with words made in gold, just... how much money do you need to do that...?
    Thinking about that, this dead child number I don't know which one is it sighed wondering about how many piece of breads could he get with that.... he found the decorations too bright, too white, too luminous... anyway, why complain since he is going to die...
    He though this but he still complained.

«After opening a door, I'm a in a desert junctions of corridors with no souls around there yet there's still another door in front me... quite demanding, I don't even know where to go, I need to guess then ?»

That was the problem, he entered yet nobody was there, he was on his own... he guessed he just needed to go straight and so, he opened this second door...
    It was a hall... no a pretentious throne room, the lord is really taking himself for a king ? It's decorated the same way as the corridor, red carpet, painting, wall carved with gold, homever this is not the end, the pillar are carved with names, many names.
    The throne is in a white and smooth stone, quite... good to be honest.

Obviously, something feels off there, it was this bastard, while the lord, accompanied by two soundless guards, the lord was... unfortunaly dignified, brown hair and crimson eyes, some wrinkles were on his face, a sinister smile, a great and sturdy line, muscles apparent under his clothes decorated with silver...
    Somehow, if the young master was clean, they may have looked similar, the child has brown hair with white highlights, his eyes seems lifeless yet their color is the same as rotten flesh, considering this fact.
    Like father like son.
    Hmpf, just kidding.

The son kneeled and said in fake solem voice, obviously not disrespecting this lord which can be his father, even if he wants to die, he doesn't want to have this kind of dirty death.

«Lord, your guard brought this nameless child here for an unknown reason, may I know why ?»

The Lord replied with a casual voice, just used to this kind of situation, how many has said the exact same thing in front of him, the only difference was that this one is nameless.

«Son, it's because you're my son.»
    «Which one ? I saw a lot of yours sons outside, they seemed really healthly and lively.»

The soundless guards gasped at his words, they were shocked while this nameless child snorted inside, to him, thoses child died happily, they had a smile.
    Why wouldn't he want this kind of death ?

«Oh ? Did they really seemed heathly ?»

Yet, he is playing dumb with this smile, evidently, he knew that the childs he picked weren't his own and just looked blurrily alike, so what ?
    Their Lord is obviously good at acting, he sounded really curious, if anyone didn't know, it may have looked like quite a nice interaction.
    Even if he played dumb, this future dead child said with a serious tone.

«Of course Father, they all have a smile on their face... they may be pale, but I can guess it's only their carnation.»

Why shouldn't he be serious ? Why should he become panicked because death is crawling on his back ? Is it really that meaningful ? No, everything is meaningles, even this talk... so dying and mocking someone isn't that serious of a matter.
    Suddenly, his dear and only father caugh his throat and lifted him up, he never was this high during all my life, is that what you mean ?
    Ah, how foolish he is to think this way, how stupid can someone be ? He is just strangling him, there's no specufuc meaning behind this act, it's just because... why shouldn't he be doing that ? And why should he do that ?
    It's pleasant to him so why should he stop ?

He can't breath now, so what ?
    This is what he wanted.
    He can't see anymore, so what ?
    It just means what he want is nearing... death is approaching...

However, he could hear his voice ringing in his ears, it felt disgusting, just like some kind of snow, when it became sticky mixed with mud and someone plunged your head in it, no matter how hard you tried, you couldn't get off this sticky and exhausting substance...

«Are you mocking me ? Just say you want to die except going in circles.»

Unexpectly, his grip loosened to let him speak while he was lifted up, the voice of his son was harsh, not understand why he loosened his grip and said this stupid sentence.

«Can't you just kill me without asking useless and meaningless questions like these ? So what I'm going in circles ? I am annoying and mocking you so kill me you idiot.»

Precisely, at this moment, he felt his knee entering in his belly, it didn't hurt... he should have aimed at the bones or at least vital organs... his weak body fell on the ground, he stood up without minding the pitied looks upon me, what are they staring at ?
    At a dog ? No, at an ant ? Yes of course.
    'I'm just one of his another toy if I guess right, that's it ?' this is what he though while in the end, he was back at the starting point, he sighed and asked, not hiding at his annoyance.

«...So you're going to keep me alive ?»
    «Of course, you're my son after all, I need a heir after all.»
    «You... it's useless... let's just...»

He sighed once again, thinking he has to bear living once again, one more day, why can't he kill himself, this idiot ? Just because of this stupid pride ? He doesn't deserve to be killed by his own worthless hands, so he needs so meone else to do it.
    It might be ridiculous and pathetic, but this is what he sincerely thinks.

«...putting aside the worthless matters...»
    «Oh ?»

Interesed by his choice of words, he let out an unexpected sound, because it meant, that 'dying was a worthless matter' but if he doesn't hold this high it means that it's the same for his life, it's as worthless as his future and unavoidable death which will obviously be in his hands.
    He began talking, going directly into the main point.

«What do you want, Father ? From this unworthy child, named since now as Cinere.»
    «Cinere Lorem, huh... Cinere... hmm... quite a good name you chose now, where did you get the idea from ?»
    «From nowhere, from nothing, from something that won't change.»

If you are nothing, then just stay nothing.
    In the end, he just randomly took this name... probably...?

«...?»
    «What is it ?»
    «Are you mocking me ?!»
    «Ha...?»

His face twisted just a bit earlier, he looked mad for a reason that seemed unknown to Cinere Lorem, he just wondered why his 'father' became furious at him.
    He sincerely didn't understood since he was honest to him, this name just came from nothing, and in the end, this name is useless.
    Noticing his strange gaze, that he didn't lie, he sat back to his throne and said to the nearby guard.

«Liya was the one who found you, so he will be your personal guard, this one will accompany you to him, he will explain your future daily life.»
    «Alright, my sincerest gratitudes, Father.»

And just like this, he left.

- - -

When he left, the Bloody Lord just laughed loudly, this kid, he liked him, so... unreasonable, his actions aren't in concordance with his true feelings, he is just so hilarious, and not only that... when he ordered him to be straigthforward, he became rude and insulted him.
    How funny !

«AHAHAHAHAHAHA ! This kid ! So funny ! I will keep him ~ And play with it ~»

He licked his lips, ready to prepare a last game, the recents were just too similar, let's create something unique that no one would dare to imagine, it will be thrilling, this soul will have its last shred of pleasure.

«Sir...?»
    «Shh...»

He put his hand on his guard's lips and cut his wrist, he didn't scream, he stayed silent, while his blood began to flow slowly on the ground, his body became paler, and without any emotion, he died.
    Expresionlessly, he died.
    Mindlessly, he died.
    So irritating.

«...Whatever, soon a new game will begin, I will wait for years to put him into despair... it will be so thrilling~»

And the next for another time...
    -...uhm...somehow I don't want to know the next...-
    ...Unexpectly I began sleeping after saying this useless and meaningless story...
    -In only one day... he found his father, only to be strangled... it's somehow doesn't begin well... I will know the next one day, but I hope it isn't what I think... otherwise...-

What happenned to him was definitively something not even a slave can think... if only the original made some research about the Bloody Bastard... I think he heard something about...

If Nally had a body, she would have shivered, she remembered something about a curse, and also, the one who was cursed was a Lord in a remote place... however, there's something else she doesn't remember, there's something more... more... shocking, no... bloody, right that was the word.
    OOC : This is only the Prologue of his background in fact~
    I had trouble rewriting it, at first, I made Cinere talked with "I" but then I though telling it at the third person.
    It's around 3150 words~

9. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I, The Great I have gone on an epic journey of many conquests. This is just the start of my journey, but I am being hampered by an annoying foe. "Pig-San~ Pig-San~ again! again!" I oinked and sighed, there was a sad looking child on the street because the child had dropped their food, and she were squealing for her, as I quote "Mummy", what a strange name for a creature.

So, to get rid of the small creature riding on my back, I rode towards this creature that she was pointing at and they hugged each other and thanked me. I was about to head to the teleportation gates when

"Mister Sniffles!?"

POV Leeanne

So I finally got the time to visit the guild in guild city, It took a whole week for me to finally free myself from the busywork I had put myself in. when I stepped outside the teleportation gate and headed towards the tavern, I saw mister sniffles. I peered at him till he came over to me and handed me my items. I promptly thanked Mister Sniffles and headed to the tavern, it was a long week since I've been here. I was just ready to go when I was suddenly dragged into an alleyway.

"Ey Girly" The group from Adventurer's Guild - Main Tavern arrived in front of me and surrounded me on all sides. "We need a favor Girly, ju-" "Sure Thing!"

"Boss, ya sure bout this one?" "Dem adventurers are crazy, dis one might be crazy too boss" minions 1 and 2 spoke their concerns but were ignored by their boss. "Listen girly, we got someone that needs a little something we got that needs to be delivered, got it? I'll give you this apple pie for the trouble."

"Wtf boss that's our lunch!" """Yeah!"""
    "Be silent! any of you scrooges won't give any money anyway and I dun wanna give my money away so easily"
    The 'Boss' looked at me again "So girly, ya accep--- and she took off with the pie and the package, how easy was that?"
    Pie~ Pie~ Tasty Pie~
    I sang that in my head as mister sniffles followed behind me, Did he just sigh?
    Nai wa~ :blobmelt:

Guard POV

I was patrolling the street when I saw that darn gang again
    "You there!":blobpoliceangry:
    :blobfearful:"We gotta smoke this joint, let's get outta here boys!" :blobpeek:
    Those cowards! I called my buddies
    :blobpoliceangry::blobpoliceangry:"Get them!":blobhero::blobhero:

(OOC: Can I use blobs in these stories?)

Naraku and AliceShiki like this.
  10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    19641.png

Bielt and Naraku like this.
  11. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    asriu likes this.
  12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ma.png someone poke~

no wonder~ there was change and merge~
    been ages~
    19650.png

Bielt and Naraku like this.
  13. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh normal~ It's only been... uhm.. some weeks or one since I'm here...? Wait... two I guess...? Oh well, whatever~
    Wait what, you're already leaving ~ ?

14. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    empty.png
    Every time passes I could feel my consciousness fleeting away as if something is trying to drag my soul to the abyss.
    So be it... I'll prepare for the coming day... I'll make sure to never make any more regrets...
    Bernard was just resting on his home after the raid. He slowly gets up as he walks around the town. It was peaceful and full of life. The other Askian Kobolds were doing their livelihood and the kids are running around playing.

‘Sigh, I hope Master Vodka comes back soon. I absolutely want to train again.’
    Bernard sits next to the river as he looks at the sky. The weather was not hot nor it was too cloudy. It seems like the perfect weather.

But for him, it reminds him of the past that haunts him and made him push to become reckless in the pursuit of strength. Additionally what happened to the Aeternus Floating City scared him. What will happen to his people if monsters attack the frontier? Can he do something when he could only look on the back of Presia and Lavri leading the fight? As he was lamenting his powerlessness, a strong gust of him almost pushed him down.

“What..!?”
    Bernard’s eyes open wide as he looks towards the sky. He starts to chase the figure only to see a pair of wings dropping snowflakes and a figure of a little human child.

“Master Vodka!!!?
    ” Bernard looks at Jin who was in the sky trying to chase after him.

“Big Brother watch out!!”

“Gueeehhh!?”
    Bernard hit a large piece rock right in-front of him.

“Idiot, what are you doing?”
    Lavri reaches out his hand as he pulled Bernard to stand up.

“Master Vodka is flying above so fast! What is he doing!?”
    Bernard pointed out towards the sky but Jin is already far away.

“Master Vodka is creating a large magic circle around the Askian Hamlet. It seems like he is worried due to how the Aeternus Floating City was under attack. So he hastily implemented the protection magic barrier he was planning later. These large slab of rocks are to be made as the pillar for that magic. He can only cover the Askian territory since he lacks the materials and expertise.”
    Sanie explains as she tried to help heal Bernard's injury.

“Wait, what…?”

“In simple term his putting a magic barrier around the Askian hamlet.”
    Lavri moves to look at the large stone slab as he observes the mana flow in it.

“OH!!!!!!! That is cool! Master Vodka is really the best!!”
    Bernard admiration skyrocketed again seeing Jin do so much for their village.

*BAAM!!*

Suddenly they heard a loud crashing sound. In the distance, they saw Jin struggling to the stand-up. The three Kobolds quickly runs toward his side.

“I’m starting to lose control of my body. Damn, I thought it is still after I found a teacher to train and make a demon. He really wants to drag me to that damn cursed 3rd trial.”
    Jin grit his teeth as he crosses his leg and sat. He concentrated on staying awake as he was afraid that he wouldn't wake up for a long time. ‘Hope Shamal find me an info about those monks and a possible teacher.’

“Master Vodka are you alright!?”
    Bernard waves his hand as he was afraid to touch Jin.

“Do you need healing or perhaps potion….?”
    Sanie hastily opens her bag to look for items.

“.........”
    Lavri only silently put his paw on Jin's forehead.

“Hmm..? Oh, it is you guys. Don’t worry~ just a bit tired and lack of sleep. I’m going to be gone for a while so I need to start some stuff I’m planning later.”
    Jin stood up as he releases Stolz transformation and patted the dust on his clothes.

“You will be gone..!?”

“Yes, need to do some training and trial. Ah, you guys don’t have to look so worried, I’ll be fine. You guys should continue your training, Presia can help you with that. Or maybe I’ll ask Shamal to call someone to train you guys also hmm….”
    Jin tilts his head thinking what to do when he remembered something. “Wait that’s right!!”

“What is it Master Vodka..?”

“Do you guys have any god or deity you believe too?”

“I don’t have one,”
    Lavri stated without hesitation since he was a son of a thief Kobold. He has no god for the reason that his father didn’t teach him anything about it. In his past life, they don’t follow god but a series of teachings from a monk instead.

“Lavri!! How about you become a worshipper for Hikari-sama! Just offer some stuff you deem important!"

“Hmm… well, I could give the food I hunt and some bonecraft I made.”

“That was so fast but that is reassuring! How about you Bernard and Sanie?”
    Jin smiled widely looking at the two Kobold sibling.

“Umm… that’s.”
    Bernard was looking away as his eyes waver. For some reason, he was not the usual energetic Kobold. Sanie was only hiding behind her brother not showing her expression.

“Master Vodka!”
    Presia arrives running towards them wearing her maid outfit. She was being followed by a man in black bluish armor. “You’ve got a visitor~”

“A visitor…?”
    Jin looks towards Presia as his smiled started to disappear. His expression started to change into empty one as he remembers the person.[#DAA520] ‘It’s him...’[/COLOR]

“Lord Vodka!”
    The man shouted as he ran in front of Jin while pointing to his face. “It’s me Goel! the bandit you curse. I was looking everywhere for you and those weird stuff happened in City. Glad I was able to hide safely in the Tavern. Anyway, I want to follow you!!”

“What…?”

“I saw how strong your followers and heard some rumors about you. Plus, you have an army of Kobolds!! I will absolutely like to be under your command!!”
    Goel shouted as he kneeled seemingly begging to work under Jin. After hearing rumors that Jin was actually an adult just got turned into a child. ‘If I follow this guy, my family and I would absolutely have an easier life. Plus he got a plot of land and seems like rich.’

“That’s! You mistaken the Askian Hamlet is not mine, I’m just guarding it---”

“Please Lord Vodka!! Let me be your follower!!”

“Oi~ will you listen to me--”
    Jin started to get irritated as Goel keep yapping words. His eyes started to turn red as he shouted, “Shut up!! Listen to me!!”

“Ah yes!!
    ” Goel stands up in high alert as his body shivers remembering the fear he felt.

“Well, I don’t mind if you become my follower.”
    Jin nodded since he made him a demon. Goel was already his responsibility and he needs to make sure this guy doesn’t make any troubles. “Follow me, let’s discuss this properly inside.”

“Oh, my~ then I will prepare the sweets and tea.”
    Presia happily smiled as she lifts her skirt and ran to the kitchen.

Bernard sigh with a relief as he holds Sanie’s hand.
    Lavri was looking at them curiously, why did they have strange reaction earlier. When Lavri was saved by the siblings, the Askians are already living in the Great Plain. So he doesn’t know the past on why the Askian Nomad arrived there.

……..

Jin started to discuss everything with Goel as he lay out the rules. The reason why he is guarding the Askian and his work as an Adventurer.

For some reason, Goel just accepted it easily and eagerly wanted to join Jin’s followers without hesitation. As he was accepted, he asks permission to take his mother and siblings here to stay. Which Jin accepted easily and quickly ask the woodcutter and blacksmith Kobolds to help in building the new home for the human follower. Goel, on the other hand, will go to his hometown to take his family to the Askian Hamlet.

“Well then Goel, I will let Lavri and Flyx go with you. Lavri is good with directions while Flyx can play the music to make the travel lively. You can use this traveling cart Flyx made for the hamlet."

“Oh! Thanks for the consideration Lord Vodka!”

“No worries, plus don’t call me lord. I already said that I’m not a noble.”
    Jin could only sigh as he grows more uncomfortable with the title.

“Okay okay~ I understand master Vodka hehehe.”

“Ah that’s right, Goel do you have a god you believe with..?”

“Pft... Those cocky gods won’t accept a piece of trash like me. They wouldn’t even see me as a human.”
    Goel laughs as he shrugs his shoulder. His disbelief of the god due to his circumstances made him not give a care to them.

“I see... Hmm… How about I introduce you with the goddess I believe with.”

“Well if she accepts stuff from a trash like me then why not? Hahaha, well then I’m going now master~”
    Goel grin as he holds the reins of the horse of the cart.

“......”
    Lavri nodded towards Jin as his eyes conveyed that he will deal any troubles that will occur.

“Cya later!”
    Flyx waved his hand towards Jin and the others.

“Anyway about what we are talking about earlier Bernard.”

“..!? Umm, that’s… I’m also coming with Lavri it would be interesting to see new stuff.”
    Bernard falsely smiles as he rushes and jumps towards the cart.

“I’m going to check Grandma Alcea. So I’m heading to Aeternus Floating City.”
    Sanie bowed as she rushes to the Frontier portal gate.

“Why are they in that rush?”
    Jin could only sigh as the two Kobolds sibling seems to be avoiding the topic.

"Nyuuu..?"
    Iris only rubs his eyes as he yawns and goes back to sleep.

“Oh my~ Why don’t you ask elder Schnauzer..? He might know something fufufu.”
    Presia moves back inside to clean up and prepare for the young Kobolds class.

“Well, I guess I should try that.”
    Jin walks toward to Schanzer house but he wasn’t there. When he started to ask the other Kobolds about their god or any related about it. They would quickly avoid the topic and escape.

“Master Vodka what are you doing here..?” Schnauzer finally arrives carrying a bag of books. He saw Jin sitting in-front his door hugging his knees.

“Oh, you're finally here...”

“Oh dear! You look pale and lifeless! Come inside, I’ll prepare you some herbal tea!!” Schnauzer quickly opens the door and drag Jin to sit on the chair. He put the books on the table and busied himself in preparing a tea.

“Seems like you are reading some good books Elder Schnauzer.”
    Jin smiled as he picks up some old books. It contains the history of the Frontier, Aeternus City and one containing herbal medicines.

“Hahaha, I was able to learn reading words with the kids and Presia. Plus, it is helpful to write our tradition in books.”

“I’m glad you are adjusting well Elder Schnauzer. I always thought that I might have forced you guys.”

“You don’t have to worry if it weren’t for you. We might end up dead or annihilated.” Schnauzer smiled towards Jin as he handed the tea and sat in front of him. "Are you okay master Vodka? Seems like you are pushing yourself hard. Please do take some rest and take care of your health.”

“Don’t worry about me, I’m completely fine. It is just the after-effects of the ability I used continuously during the raid. Plus, I have no time to waste.”
    Jin faintly smiled, he just couldn't say that his consciousness is starting to fade away. “I’m curious why the Askian Kobolds are avoiding the topic about God. No matter how I try to open it up they would always find a way to avoid it.”

“I see… It can't be help since we have bad memories pertaining about Gods. One has taken all those important to us while the other abandon us. Well, will you listen to my story?” Schaunzer sips his herbal tea. He sadly gazed toward the window looking at the kids running towards Presia to start their class.

Jin silently nodded as he prepares himself.
    Few months before, the Askians were not the weak Kobold nomads they are now.
    They were a great tribe of Kobolds with many daunting warriors and a strong Alpha male.
    His name was Tosa, the strongest Askian Kobold with white fur and sturdy muscles. His weapon was a battle ax and he rode a large boar mount. He was sitting on the tribe leader designation as he was surrounded by other Kobold warriors.

“What are we gonna do!?” A large Kobold with a large scar on his eye shouted. He angrily slams his fist to the table. “That bastard is getting ahead of himself. Taking hunt on our territory and even attacking our kin!”

“Tribe Leader we need to make a choice! This is our territory and we refuse to be pushed around by any foreigners!” Another one whose arm was missing agreed. The other Kobolds also agreed as they nod their heads.

“That is plain stupidity are you saying that we will attack? Do you know what will happen to us? I know you guys are angry but that man is unknown to us. If worst case, we might lose--”

“Sennen!! What are you saying, you coward! Where is your pride!?”

“We can’t antagonize an enemy we don’t know about,” Sennen responded. He was a Kobold with black and white fur with a bit of brown while his ears are folded down.

“You coward!!” the Kobold angrily tried to grab Sennen’s neck but--

*SLAM!!*

“Silence!! Calm yourself, Rotta! I don’t want any in-fighting. We got problems already with that human loitering on our territory and taking our hunt!” Tosa notices the atmosphere getting worse. It seems like all the Kobolds warriors are on edge since that man arrived. They have peaceful life till he comes around.

The man started to wave his sword and kill monsters without care. Not only that, rather than killing the monster for food. He would just leave the corpse around. Seeing a person killing for no apparent reason and not for hunting give a great anger to the other demi-human leaving in the area. He also has other people around him that would lay waste magic creating destruction to the environment. It ends up destroying their source for wild fruits, herbs, and wood. They don't even clean up to the mess they made.

Tosa massages his forehead as he tries to find a solution. “We are not the only ones getting affected by this. I would visit the other Tribe leader of Orcs and Goblins for now to get their opinions on this. You guys are dismissed.”

“Understood Tribe Leader.” The Kobold warriors in unison bowed down towards their alpha as they head to the exit.

“Coward.” Rotta hit Sennen shoulder as he walks away while looking down on him.

Sennen could only sigh as he walks back to his home.

Sennen walks to his home quite disheartened. He has no proof but he got a bad feeling since that man arrival. He would like to advise for them to leave this place. But the other warriors will disagree with him strongly. Before he could continue thinking more gloomily about the coming future. He suddenly sees two small figure rushing towards him as he opens the door towards his home.

“Father!!” The two child Kobolds leaped to Sennen clinging on his both side.

“Bernard! Sanie!” Sennen forgot his troubles as he smiled widely his eyes seem to disappear. He hugs his kids tightly as he spun them around.

“Sennen you are back, so how’s the meeting” A Kobold lady walk while drying his paw with a cloth. Her appearance was just like Sanie only older.

“Anie...” Sennen looks towards his beautiful wife as he started to look gloomy.

“What is wrong?” Anie worriedly approaches Sennen.

“Kids why don’t you play outside for now.” Sennen looks towards his children as he let them down. He then patted their heads giving a faint smile.

“Yes, father!” Bernard smiled widely oblivious to the atmosphere. He holds his little sister hands as he walks outside.

Sennen eyes look towards his children sadly as he sees them leave. He sat next to his wife as he starts to talk about what happened earlier.

“That’s… well did you ask Elder Schnauzer opinion? Maybe he can persuade the others. After all, he has great instinct and his insight never goes wrong.” Anie patted his husbands shaking hand trying to reassure him.

The time passed by waiting for their leader Tosa to return. Everyone was worried and anxious, the atmosphere of the village was quite gloomy. Still, they still need to continue to leave their lives. The strong male Kobolds continue hunting for food while the women took care of their children.

*TRRUUNGGGG!!!!!!!!*

A horn is blown signifying the return of their leader. All the warriors hastily run towards the gate to meet their Alpha.

Tosa was walking towards the group, his expression was serious.
    The Kobold Warriors couldn't help but gulp feeling something wrong had happened.

“Gather all the warriors, we need an emergency meeting.” From Tosa tone, the Kobolds could know something was amiss. “Also bring Elders especially Schnauzer.”

“Yes great leader,” the two Kobold warrior bowed as they went to call the others.

On the side were children looking at the situation.

“Hey, Bernard isn’t the atmosphere looking bad?” A young Kobold with long droopy ears and dark brown skin.

“Hubert seems like we need to get ready.” Bernard nodded as he evaluates the atmosphere.

“Get ready for what..?” Sanie sitting next them ask in confusion as she tilts her head.

“Just follow me!” Bernard eyes glimmer as he snickers and walk away.

The two clueless young Kobold tilt their heads as they look to each other. Hubert just shrugs his shoulder while Sanie was still puzzled. But both of them silently followed.

…..

In the Askian tribe leader room, all the Kobolds warriors and now together with the elders gather around. The atmosphere was quite tense and serious.

“Tosa! What is the problem!? To call the elders here.” Rotta inquired as for the other warriors also curious.

“The Goblin Tribe next to ours is annihilated,” Tosa said seriously as he faces look grim.

“WHAT!!!!!!?” All the warriors shouted as some even hastily stood up. The elders are quietly listening on the corner.

“Yes… it seems that man found the Goblin Tribe location and mercilessly killed all inhabitants there.” Tosa could only look down gloomily.

“Esteemed Tosa! Wouldn’t that mean that man is closing to us!”
    “It is better for us to attack first and ambush him!”
    “Let’s kill him now! He is a threat to our tribe.”
    “What about the Orc Tribe? ”

The warrior argued and started talking at the same time. The elders also tried to voice their opinion but their voice is covered by the loud voices of the warriors.

“SILENCE!!!” Tosa slams the table as he shouted scaring the warriors. “Be quiet! Elder Schnauzer what do you think we should do?”

An old kobold calmly drinks his tea and put it down. The warriors and other elders stare at him waiting to speak. Schnauzer was the previous tribe leader and one with great insights.

“Hmm…. well, I had some discussion with Warrior Sennen,” Schnauzer calmly stroke his beard.

“Sennen..?” Tosa confusedly moves his gaze to search Sennen but he is nowhere to be found. So Tosa just stared back to Schnauzer to continue.

“Yes, Sennen had given advice for us to depart this place and avoid that man,” Schnauzer said calmly while looking at Tosa.

“What cowardice!! This is our home and if anyone leaving. It is not us!! And where the hell is he!? When we have an important discussion!” Rotta angrily shouted while slamming the ground. The other Warriors also were pissed by those words, even the elders gave their disapproval. The room suddenly turned quiet as Tosa raise his hand.

“What are you opinion elder Schnauzer?” Tosa look at Schnauzer seeing the people stay quiet.

“It is best if we depart,” Schnauzer seriously advice as he drinks his tea once again.

“I see...” Tosa nodded as he looks down and looks at Sennen who silently nodded.

“Tribe leader!!” Some of the warriors stood up as they see their leader listening to the idea. Before they could even continue to argue---

*TRRUUNGGGG!!!! TRRUUUUUUNGGGG!!!!*

“Hmm… we got visitors?” Tosa slowly stands up but before he can fully stand the door suddenly opened wide. A large burly man appeared wearing armor and bone necklace. He has a very daunting beard and producing fangs raising upwards giving a scary look.

“Tosa long time no see!! Hahaha!!” The orc swiftly sits down in-front Tosa suddenly picking up something behind him.

The Kobold warriors quickly stood up readying their weapons as they see the orc grabbing something.

“How about some drink with me!” The orc smiled waving a bottle.

“Kalmin!! What are doing here!?” Rotta pointed his longsword to the Orc neck with an expression full of anger.

“Oh come on Rotta, don’t be mad just because I give you that scar on your eye.” Kalmin gave a wide grin as he traces the scar of Rotta on his face.

“You bastard!!”

“Rotta!! Don’t be rude to our guest! I invited him here.” Tosa glared Rotta giving a stern warning. His aura was strong that the other warriors couldn't help but intimated and whimper.

“Tche… your safe for now bastard.” Rotta retreated as sat back to his sit.

Kalmin the Orc Tribe Chieftain and Tosa the Kobold Tribe Alpha. Both of them has problematic acquaintances as they have battled each other to increase their territory for the food. But both of them recognize each other strength. They only stop battling each other as they found it pointless as no one is winning. In end, the treaty was created from both of them to not bother each other.

“So Kalmin are really sure you're gonna attack that man?” Tosa accepted Kalmin offer of a drink as reach out his cup. The other Kobold quietly listen as they perk their ears.

“Straight to the point huh, as expected of you Tosa.” Kalmin poured the drink on Tosa’s cup as his expression turned serious. “Our Shaman has noted that man is blessed by a god.”

“...a god huh, quite problematic.” Tosa eyes stared at his cup and drink it one gulp. He wanted to ask for more but notice Kalmin drinking the bottle in one go. He could only furrow his eyebrow seeing this gluttonous muscle-head drinking all the alcohol.

The atmosphere suddenly turned tensed as they heard the word god. A person blessed by God will be considered powerful. They don’t know what blessing it is but hearing that man has a blessing by the gods are quite dangerous.

Kalmin seriously put the empty bottle down and seriously speaking. “So I’m here for an alliance. I’m not scared of the blessing but what worries me is that man has allies which also know magic.”

“Hmm… I also heard of those women. They are quite powerful.”

“What kind of man is surrounded by only women in a battlefield? Maybe he is she instead, humans gender are quite confusing.”

“So you want us to join forces and fight against them?” Tosa swiftly changes the subject since they are going off topic.

“Yes, that man might be blessed by gods but with an army, we have a chance. Also, I always wanted to fight beside the great Kobold Tosa hahaha!!” Kalmin laughs loudly as he slaps his tight repeatedly.

Tosa thinks for a while and looks towards the other Kobold warriors. As he meets each of their eyes, he could see their agreement. It seems like his men would team up to their previous enemies just to deal with a greater threat. Tosa then looks towards Rotta, he knows how Rotta loathes Orc Tribe Chieftain Kalmin for injuring his eye.

When suddenly loud horn was blown repetitively.

“That’s..!!!” Both Tosa and Kalmin stood up as they hurried outside. The Kobold warriors also followed.

A wooden Orc with missing limb was running towards them. Before he fell to the ground, Kalmin quickly rushes as he catches him.

“Mortak!! What happened!!?” Kalmin holds the dying Orc on his arm.

“Chieftain… *cough blood* the man suddenly arrived *cough cough*. We could feel something was wrong. He was talking to his comrade, his eyes were full of disgust staring at us. While mocking us and calling us as an ugly monster.” Mortak grit his teeth with anger.

“And then what happened?” Kalmin tried to calm himself. He is used to be called ugly by the humans he killed trespassing his territory. But he will never forgive those who harm his tribe.

“The female mage on his group starting chanting spell. Before she could release it, a Kobold distracted her making the incantation stopped.”

“Kobold…?”

“It was warrior Sennen, he tried to negotiate to the male human. But---” Mortak creased his eyebrow as his face full of rage. “That man insulted and just call him a mutt. Noticing that the man will never listen to him. He looks towards us to try buying time. We were able to evacuate most our kins. But just several minutes, a ball of fire towards the sky falls down and burn our homes. The man arrives grinning as he starts easily killing our warriors.

We couldn't do anything at all when he came to us with high speed. Killing most of the warriors and even if we reach him. He can dodge easily as if he can read our movements. The surviving warriors and shaman are trying to buy time for your arrival. ”

“You did well, arriving here." Kalmin then looks toward Great Tosa with great desperation. "Great Tosa, I would like for you to help me. I will pay this debt with my life.”

“You don’t have to ask, I’m going to deal with him sooner than later.” Tosa nodded and look to his warriors.

“My Brothers!! Let’s finish this bastard who threatened our territory once in for all! So what if he is blessed by a God? We are also being protected by our God! For our tribe!! For the God of Kobolds!!”

“FOR OUR TRIBE!!” “FOR OUR GOD!!”

The Kobold warriors shouted as they slam their weapon on the floor.
    The Kobold Shaman started to cast their spells as they bless the warriors.
    The non-combatant offer their hunt and fruits to the altar of their gods to send blessing to the warrior.

…..

…….

Several hours have passed since the battle started.

Endless fire and corpse were left to the battlefield.

Tosa the great Kobold warrior could stare absently to the battlefield. He tried to stand up but a man was stepping on his head downward. He could see the Orc Chieftain’s leg was detached from his body. It was a total massacre. Even they have a great number, even they have more united. They were easily killed by the companions of that man with their magic. Not only that the attacks they release didn’t graze him at all.

“God have you abandoned us..?” Tosa could only grit his teeth.

“Pfft… God? Do you think your god will help you? I’m a man blessed by a great god. Your god probably shivering in fear and turning a blind eye. After all, you guys are nothing but fodders, useless mobs just to show how strong I am.”

“Kuu… You bastard!! Our God hasn't abandoned us!!” Kalmin shouted as he leaped and swing his axe towards the man. But before he could even reach him, an elven woman released her arrow and pierce his neck.

“Ahahaha, so pitiful. Monsters can only amount to this. I have expected a challenge but this is easy.” The man laughs as he walks away followed by his party composed only of women. He didn’t look guilty of the massacre he has done. For him, it was only a test of his powers and they were nothing to his eyes.

“Dammit...” Tosa could only curse as the blood flow from his chest. He could only slowly die as he loses consciousness. ‘Elder Schnauzer please guide the others to safety. I’m sorry and I’ll leave them to you, father...’

Just a far away beneath a pile of corpse something starts to move. A Kobold with black fur burnt appeared as he was hugging something. He releases it as he stares lifelessly to the corpse of his comrades.

“Uncle Rotta hang in there!” The child Kobold was Bernard. For his recklessness, he followed his father alone and saw all the event. He could only blame his powerlessness, unable to do anything as he stared his father getting killed. Even now, he could only survive because Rotta saved him.

“It is alright Bernard, it is already too late for me. You need to live on and be the new future for our tribes. Only believe in your strength and your father was brave man---” Rotta said his last words before dying while standing.

“Ughhh...” Bernard could only cry as he walks back to where his home. His eyes wavered seeing the dead bodies of the strong Kobolds he once admires. He could only walk forward trying his best to return to his sister and mother.

“Why…?” Bernard's voice was weak as he saw his home burnt. It seems like one of the companions cleans up and kill what is left of the tribe to avoid any future troubles. In his house, he could see his mother who was bleeding.

“Bernard… I’m glad you are fine.” Anie gathered her strength as blood drips in her mouth.

“Mother what happened!?”

“Sanie is safe, Schnauzer leads the others away. Some stayed here just like me since we want to wait for the others. Where is your father..?”

“Father, he fights bravely mother. He was a brave Kobold warrior.”

“I see, I’m glad to hear that. Go with your sister Bernard and I’m sorry to leave alone---” Anie eyes started to close.

“Mother!! Please wake up!!” Bernard cries as he tried to wake his mother. Only to feel her body grow cold. He could move forward passing the dead Kobolds he know and close to.

As he reaches a distance he saw his fellow Askian Kobolds only a few were left. They have been reduced to this pitiful state making him angry.

“Brother!! Mom and Dad are...” Sanie to cling his brother crying.

“It is alright Sanie… I am here.” Bernard look to the distance seeing his Tribe for the last time cover in flames and blood.

Their life was difficult as they search for a new home. The other Kobolds has no one to blame but their God for what happened to them. In the end, they lose faith and trust in the world as they wait to die nothing but low life monster.
    Jin silently gather everything as he heard the story about Schnauzer. He could only take so much in info. But he was puzzled by something and look seriously towards the old Kobold.

“Then why did you guys trust me so much? Even I saved Bernard and Sanie. After what you guys experience...”

“Hmm…. Well simply because we have no longer choice. You showed up in a very scary looking armor and releasing an aura of death. But the scars on your face as you took your helmet and your voice was gentle. Your action was filled with honesty and how you tried your best to help us. You never saw as monsters and your eyes instead contain kindness and friendliness.”

“Geez, you're making me blush.”
    Jin blushed as scratch his cheeks while looking away.

“Must of the Kobolds didn’t trust you but due to Bernard persistence. They open up and accepted you. It seems like Bernard really looks up to you.”

“Most likely due to how I save them, I guess. Well, now I know why Bernard really wanted to be strong and accepted all the hard training I gave to him.”

“But the problem is they would not easily accept to believe a god. Since it engrave to them that they will be abandon at any time. The others decided to never believe in any Gods.”

“I see...”

“Master Vodka, I will ask you a question. If we will be attacked once again by a man blessed by a God. Well, you fight him to protect us?”

“Of course!”

“But what if it will bring a conflict to your Goddess? Are you willing to put her in a great trouble just to save us short live monsters?”

“That’s!! You shouldn't call yourselves monsters!! I….”

“Hahaha, you are way too kind but also reckless. Please do mind the consequences of every step you make. Think about it, will you risk your Goddess for us. Whatever you choose we will never blame you.”

“Please give me time to think for now...”
    Jin looks down feeling conflicted.

“Yes, it is better to take everything in consideration please take your time to think.” Schnauzer smiled sadly as he saw Jin walk outside. He knows he was a bit harsh but it is for the best. He walks slowly as he stares to the fang necklace of what’s left behind by his son and the former alpha male Tosa.
    - Jin made some magic barrier around Askian Hamlet which is in Frontier Village due to the Verdant Raid.
    - Shamal on an errand to search for OP teachers (I already have a plan just need to digitize them)
    - New Follower get: Goel the bandit now cursed axe warrior due to Jin.
    - Goel, Lavri, Bernard and Flyx will be gone for a while since they will take Goels' family to join Askian Hamlet.
    - Sanie will be busy on Alchemy studies (Wait I need to clarify Bernard and Sanie skills Orz)
    - Askian Nomads past where how they almost got annilihated by a man blessed by a god and abandon by their own god.
    - Schauzer question to Jin which will test his belief (and my brain cells)​

OOC: Well 5k words for this... The Askian backstory was in progress the last September. So I just combine with the after-effects of the Raid and made into a FLASHBACK!! \( ' - ' )/ trying to write a war/tribe council it is something. I guess..?
    Tags~ @Quaesitor for the NPC from our last SS.
    Tags~ @brasca123 since Jin will ask for advice after this (Askian Kobolds becoming followers of Hikari). Maybe some divine intervention..?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    Naraku, Quaesitor, AliceShiki and 4 others like this.
  15. AmIaCat

AmIaCat [ Shem's Kouhai ] [ AmIaCat ]

Reading List:
    Link
    'Huh? Where am I?'

When Yoru opened his eyes, he was confused because he was in a white-quiet space where he wasn't even sure if he's speaking or thinking.

'More importantly, what happened to Kynn?!'

He frantically tried to recall about what happened when Jin teleported them to 'safety'.

'I remembered him casting a spell when he was going to teleport us both but....'

He sat on the ground, if you even call it ground, and got lost in thought. Time flew by as he sat there, maybe hours? A few minutes? A few seconds? But still, he can't find the answer about what happened to both him and Kynn. And at the exact moment that he was gonna give up thinking about it, a woman, that he was familiar with, appeared in front of him.

"Artemis."
    "Yes, hello there. Yoru~"

The Goddess of the Hunt, Artemis, smiled there as he looked at him fondly. Yoru then stood up, dumbfounded at the event that just happened. And just as he was about to barrage her with questions, Artemis shushed him by putting a finger right in front of his mouth.

"I'll explain everything to you, no worries~ But for now, why don't we take a seat~?"

With a snap of her fingers, two chairs and a table, in between the chairs, was created. Artemis then sat down at the other side, Yoru on the other.

"First things first, you're in my space, my God space~ I teleported you in here when someone forcefully cancelled your little friend's skill~"

'Huh? Ain't he a master at magic?'

"He is but~ The one that took your wife has an even better understanding than your friend~"

'Oh.... So that's why...'

Yoru has a defect in his personality, which he got after meeting his wives. But he can be pretty reliable when in need and serious times like these.

'Which means, someone aimed for my wife. Which risked my life because the other party only needed Kynn and not me.'

"Bingo~!"

Yoru swinged his fist down at the table in front of him, destroying the table, in rage.

'I hate this! I hate it! I hate it!'

Yoru started releasing a bloodlust that was so frightening that even the Goddess, Artemis, flinched from it.

"Y-Yoru p-please calm down. You won't get nothing from being enrage."

Artemis patted his back and tried to comfort him. And when she have saw that Yoru calmed down, she went back to her seat again while looking at him worriedly.

'So..... Who.... Took her?'

Yoru asked her with a sharp glint in his eyes and in a chill inducing voice.

"I'm not sure but, they are definitely more powerful than you. Maybe ask the newly birth Goddess at your world, she might know it."

Ending her sentence, Artemis looked at Yoru directly in the eyes. Yoru was silent for a moment while tightly clasping his hands. After a while, he decided to just be frank with her.

'It's not that all isn't it?'

"Aww~ you're no fun~ but I like this side of you~"

Artemis said with a captivating laugh, but Yoru was still unperturbed by it. Artemis faked a cough and told him the details that he wants to know.

"Well to be exact, I need you to hunt someone for me~"

'Hunt someone..... Why? Can't you just do it yourself?'

"Well...... It's a requirement for you to be one of my apostles. So can you please~?"

Artemis asked with a sad, teary-eyed and begging expression, which in turn made Yoru sigh.

'Tell me who or what it is first, so I'll know who am I dealing with.'

"Yey~!"

Artemis cried out in joy when she heard Yoru said that.

"Well, you're going to hunt a hero that turned into an angel~"

'Pardon?'

"I said, you're going to hunt a hero-angel for me."

'......Do you want me to d-'

"He did something to your wife and you won't like it when I tell you what."

'Teleport me there right now!'

"Calm down Yoru, calm down. Even if I teleported you there, can you even fight back? More importantly, survive?"

When Artemis said that, Yoru immediately calmed down with a bit of his bloodlust leaking out.

'You have something for me, yes?'

"Nope. None at all~!"

'Then how-'

"Bring out the scythe that you got last time."

Yoru was confused at first but he immediately complied when he saw the urging expression of the Goddess.

'Here. What the hell is this scythe?'

"Well to tell you the truth, this was one of the weapons that my friend lost when we got chased by the other Gods. Looks like someone recovered it but got controlled by the countless souls that was trapped inside here."

Artemis caressed the blade of the scythe while getting lost in thought after sharing the story to him.

'Got chased? Anyway, what's that scythe got to do with my hunt?'

"Hmm?"

Artemis snapped out of her tranced state and smiling looked at Yoru again.

"The name of this scythe is, Soul Devouring scythe. And just like the name, it eats the soul of anything you can probably imagine. Even Gods."

Yoru looked at the scythe in awe and realized how powerful the scythe that he got in possession.

"It has another name tho, and that's reaper."

'Huh? Why reaper?'

"Because once you controlled the scythe, it turns you into one."

Yoru opened his eyes wide which in turn made the Goddess smile even wider.

"Yes, Yoru~, my friend that I was talking about earlier was the Grim Reaper."

Yoru stood still and was deep in thought. After a while, he muttered the conclusion that he arrived at.

'......Yeah... I might survive and rescue Kynn if I turned into one....'

"Well then I'll help you absorb the scythe and turn you into one!"

'But how-'

Before Yoru finished his sentence, Artemis threw the scythe towards him which got lodge in his chest. Yoru looked at the Goddess while cursing the excruciating pain that he was feeling at his chest. Slowly, his knees gave out and he then kneeled down on the ground.

"I know that this is painful but please endure it."
    I knew how painful it is because this is the second time I'm witnessing this..

Artemis muttered to herself as she watch the scythe slowly getting absorb by his soul. Yoru's eyes were red, his breathing, rough and he was trembling because of the pain that he was feeling. But, as time flew by, the pain gradually fade away and a feeling of overwhelming strength filled him. He stood up from the same spot and got a system message.

[System Message: Congratulations! You have successfully changed your class! Hunter --> Grim Reaper!]
    The Grim Reaper is the one that is tasked to bring the souls of the dead to the rightful place where they belong. The Grim Reaper has a special skill that allows them to see the amount of time that a person still has left to live. The Grim Reaper can devour the souls of the dead to increase the reaper's own strength.
    Base Stats fixed to 1000. Can only be increased by absorbing devouring souls.
    An innate skill that allows the Grim Reaper to immediately teleport to a place where there's a shadow.
    An innate skill that makes the Reaper invisible and it's presence undetectable. Will be cancelled when the Reaper attacks.
    Devour's a dead or living person's soul. Will increase the Reaper's strength depending on how strong is the soul. Has a 100% chance of succeeding. Can be used when requirements are met.
    Makes the Reaper immortal. Can be only killed when the reaper's most precious memory has been sealed/destroyed/Etc.

Seals the Reaper's emotions.
    [System Message: Congratulations! You acquired a new sub-class! [Soul Hunter] ]
    Gives a +2 stats every time a reaper has killed. +5 to special cases.
    Has a 25% chance.
    Has a passive 20% lifesteal.

Yoru cracked his neck to the side and start stretching his body. The Goddess seeing this, smiled again and asked him.

"So? How was it~?"

'Great.'

Yoru said in a dull and uninterested voice.

"Well.... There are side effects but, at least you can save your wife now."

'Yes. I appreciate your help, Goddess Artemis.'

Artemis was happy and sad at the same time.

"Well then, you better get going. Time is not on your side, something might happen to your wife if I still hold you back here."

'Yes. Thank you again for all the things that you have done, I'll never forget this.'

"Yes, yes. Anyway, see you again next time, Yoru~!"

With that said, Yoru was covered by a bright light and eventually, he got teleported to somewhere.

-----------------

"Sigh...... I did what you have told me to do now."

At this time, a man resembling Yoru, when in human form, appeared inside the Goddess space.

"Yes. Thank you. It's the only thing that I can do for him."

The man then walked towards her and hugs her from behind.

"Well... I hope he'll become a responsible parent for his children."

The Goddess, Artemis, said with a sigh again while caressing the right cheek of the man with her hand.....

(I'll pray for your success.)

They both thought to themselves.

- END -

@Quaesitor @Kysil

((This okay?))

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  16. Balthazzar

Balthazzar 『Reformed Member of NuF Society』

Reading List:
    Link
    Made it so long ago I forgot about it myself.....
    gonna start workin to bring up his rank I suppose

Naraku likes this.
  17. Baby Balthy

Baby Balthy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I panted heavily before taking cover behind a rock. I had ran for a seemingly endless amount of time to the point where my vision was turning dark and my legs felt like they were filled with lead but they wouldn’t let up no matter how much they tired me out. They were relentless, and they were coming for my head. An inhuman screech assaulted my eardrums and I stopped breathing, not in an attempt to hide, but purely out of fear. There was one thing I couldn’t mask through my fear however, my scent. Of course, I hadn’t realised that even when a tiny green human stepped into my line of sight and charged at me with a broken dagger.

Now, let’s start from the beginning. My name is Baxter Trellin, an average teen, aside from my name, from a seemingly average world. Average to me anyway. There were no small green monsters chasing me down and I definitely wasn’t struggling day by day to only just barely survive. No, my world may have not been peaceful, it may have been boring, and it may have been cruel, but it was my world.

A world that I was born into, a world in which I thrived. I was born into a fairly well off family, no troubles besides boredom. My comprehension was something I would categorize as average but others seemed to admire it. I, in my words, was average. Good grades, easily gained. A good reputation, not as much. Good looks? I would once again categorize myself as average, slightly above average at most.

I wasn’t prone to believing in any compliments as I had been showered in them since childhood. they no doubt made me feel good in my earlier years, but they never came from anyone my age group, thus you could see my hesitation in believing them. And above that, was the fact that I was outshined by my siblings. Where I was good, they were great.

Now, I was sixteen and two out of the three of my sisters had graduated and gone too good colleges. In fact, 2 of them get full scholarships to private institutions while the other was roped into a high paying job right out of high school. My younger brother was an idiot but, he was my younger brother so I had to deal with him. But besides all that, there was finally something I was interested in. While gaming was fun, it died out quickly, but now, there was virtual reality.

Unfortunately, I’d be damned before the day my parents would buy it so I had to save up myself. Working, mowing lawns, anything I could do that would get me money would be done. Well, almost anything. Now, getting one this way was quite unrealistic as the price for one was sky high, but I persevered.

I never did get enough money when I got one. You see, I didn’t get one through money, someone actually gifted it to me. It was a man who could be considered world class handsome. And before I go any further I will state this, I am STRAIGHT, but I can admit that the dude was hot. It probably doesn’t matter to anyone over the age of 15 but I felt like I had to get that out.

Now, back to the story. His name was something super extravagant and if I didn’t know better, I would say that he wasn’t from this planet. But how would that be possible? I don’t know the exact reason on why he gave me it, but he said something along the lines of ‘you look like you could thrive in that world’ and practically shoved it in my hands.

Quite an interesting way to refer to a game right? My suspicion should have branched off from there but as an overly expectant 16 year old, suspicion is kinda drowned out among the excitement. Another point of suspicion was the fact that the virtual reality device looked slightly different from the rest. Nothing major but you could tell that it was definitely different, but I, in my intelligent ways, chalked it up to being a new edition.

I ran home in utter glee, stashed away the money I had made for the day like usual, and plugged the device in. It looked like a pair of glasses, or shades. They were dark and had some kind of science that I don’t care about behind them but they worked. After twisting the dial on the side, the top rim lit up as a blue color before slowly draping itself across the entire lens. In the next moment, I disappeared from my world to a virtual one, a world that was very similar to and should be called a….. character customization room?

I went through the options quickly and was unsatisfied to find that my race, stats, gender, and features were locked. The rest though, was completely free for me to change and I played around quite adamantly. There was no class selection and I assumed I would get it in game.

There were six ‘Body’ stats in the game. Strength, Endurance, Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Mind. Then there were two outliers, luck and charm. The game then aptly allocated every stat a number to my immediate displeasure. Though I suppose it might not have turned out too bad since well, it did seem a little similar to the me in real life, if the average was a 5 anyway.

Strength: 5

Endurance: 6

Dexterity: 6

Intelligence: 7

Wisdom: 6

Mind: 8

Luck: 9

Charm: 5

After checking out the stat values, I looked at their descriptions.

Strength was a measure of well, strength. It was pretty self explanatory. Dexterity was agility and nimbleness, especially when it had to do with mobility based movements whether it was with you doing some crazy parkour or simply precision based activities with your hands. Endurance was stamina and seemed to, very slightly, have an effect on the amount of damage you take.

Intelligence was magic power, or the amount of damage a spell could do from what I could draw from the cryptic description. Mind was something like reaction time, so it was like dexterity for mages or something. Wisdom was the mana pool and mana regeneration speed along with a couple of other minor benefits that really weren’t worth mentioning.

There were the three standard attribute bars, health, stamina, and mana. Under those was an empty bar that I suspected to be an experience bar. They were fairly self-explanatory. Next, I had to choose a weapon. There were a variety of different weapons that I could choose it seems. Everything from swords and spears to nunchucks and wooden sticks. I managed to narrow down my search to a couple weapons.

‘Iron Dagger: Unremarkable iron dagger +5 attack +1 Armor Penetration’

‘iron falchion: Unremarkable falchion +10 attack’

‘Iron Longsword: Unremarkable longsword +15 attack’

‘Iron spear: Unremarkable spear +20 atk’

‘Iron Halberd: Unremarkable Halberd +20 attack’

Other than these, the rest were either things I had no knowledge of, or things that seemed generally impractical, like katanas for example. Yes, they were cool, but there wasn’t any guard to protect my hands, and I knew a certain weapon enthusiast who was extremely adamant against katanas, so I listened to why and his words seemed reasonable enough for me to exclude them completely.

I ruled out the dagger as it did minimal damage even with the armor penetration. Given that I didn’t actually know how much 1 armor penetration was, it may or may have not been a good choice. The halberd did a lot of damage but it was bulky and unwieldy and the last thing a solo player needs is a weapon that is slow. There was a better choice in the spear but the spear head was kind of small and thinking that I was going to be able to accurately poke things without training or auto aim, which I planned to turn off, was unrealistic.

Finally, that brought me down to one of two choices. The longsword or the falchion. The longsword did more damage but it would also be heavier. The falchion on the other hand was lighter and more dextrous. Of course, the longsword had a far better guard and if I was to be PvPing like I believed, then it would be priceless so the choice seemed obvious after thinking it over.

After that, I suspected I was done however, it seemed I could choose a Blessing out of the given options. There weren’t that many but each one looked helpful whether it be short term or long term.

‘Blessing of War: +10 weapon comprehension’

‘Blessing of Vigor: +10 Health +10 Stamina’

‘Blessing of Wisdom: +20 Mana +1 intelligence’

‘Blessing of Benevolence: Increased EXP gains’

‘Blessing of Knowledge: +10 Magic comprehension’

‘Blessing of Strain: -10 pain reception’

‘Blessing of Cain: +10 Damage Unknown Effect’

They all seemed tempting. From what I read, the war and knowledge Blessings will let me learn skills faster. The Blessings of vigor and wisdom increase my attributes. The Blessing of strain didn’t seem amazingly helpful as this was a game so I disregarded it. The ones above were fairly useful but I was mainly looking at the final two Blessings.

The Blessings of Benevolence and Cain. Increased EXP gains would no doubt be beneficial in both long and short terms but the unknown effect on the Blessing on Cain kept gnawing at me. Either way, the damage boost nearly doubled my current damage so even without the unknown effect, it was highly useful in the beginning. I sighed in deep thought but eventually chose Cain because of a feeling, the more because the design looked cool. A medallion made of bone with the symbol of a skull being impaled by a dagger or a tooth of something.

‘You have acquired the Blessing of Cain. This blessing will scale with the amount of creatures you kill.’

Hmmm.. I suppose that meant it increases the damage bonus over time? Or more accurately, as my body count piles up. That was indeed very interesting but the scaling slightly worried me. The world around me faded to black before I first felt the feeling of wind. Then was the ground beneath my feet, followed by the smells of earth. Following it was the visual, I was in a large plain and it looked quite amazing.

I tilted my head upwards and saw a vast…. floating city?! What the- WAIT! Fantasy world, game, calm down, not real. I took a deep breath and looked away from the flying thingy as I spotted a person in the distance. A small person. Maybe a child? A green child?! Mmkay, calm down. It’s a game. Not real.

It turned towards my direction and maybe due to poor line of sight, it didn’t see me. The boundaries in this game needed to be fixed. I approached it stealthily with my longsword at the ready, caution filling me. If it was a goblin then well… did they roam in packs? Would the right words even be packs?

I had no clue but I kept up my stealthy facade. I got within 20 feet of it and a line of red text appeared over its head.

‘Goblin <Lv. 2>’

Level 2? That is a level higher than me, but I can deal with it right? Sneak attacks always end up in extra damage, along with my 25 damage, it should be an equal fight. Given that I had no clue on the standard damages per level, it wasn’t exactly reassuring but it was all i had.

‘Generating skill: 1%’

It popped up in front of my face in an inopportune moment but I wasn’t affected. Many of the games that I played had things like this. The game had skills programmed into it beforehand and repeating the skill had your character learn it. The most likely option in this case was sneak. I wasn’t really doing much besides that after all. It was going fairly slowly so I knocked it to the side of my vision and continued forward.

I was within 15 feet of the goblin and it started acting strangely. Smelling the air and looking around. Luckily, I was within some tall grass so it couldn’t see me. It turned frantically trying to determine the source of its discomfort. I couldn’t tell exactly how the ai functioned, it seemed much more advanced than normal.

Then, I got an idea. Since there was scent, there should be a way to control detection right? With that in mind, I edged slowly downwind so the goblin wouldn’t smell me. I mentally congratulated myself at my findings as I began to once again, crawl towards the enemy.

Its discomfort eased and it continued to sit in the middle of the field, presumably resting. After a couple seconds i was close enough to launch my attack and I readied myself. The falchion was lying horizontally in front of me and I was positioned for a high burst of speed. I mentally took a deep breath and stared at the enemy, no. I stared at my prey.

Then, I lunged. I rapidly accelerated towards the goblin who was now trembling. It screamed and turned around as quick as possible with its weapon not yet readied. But, it was too late, I was already upon it. I swung my weapon horizontally to get the largest hit chance and succeeded. But not in the way I wanted too. I was able to successfully attack the goblin and it let out a scream.

However, instead of hitting its midsection, the goblin was barely able to block my attack with its arm. Green blood spilled out of the wound as the goblin rapidly retreated.

‘Ambush! x2 damage!’

A small notification came up in the corner of my eye and I mentally praised the producers to have notifications during battle spawn outside of my primary vision. I was able to see the goblin’s health bar from this close and it went from full, down to ⅘. It seemed that I would need to hit it 8 more times.

This put a slight pressure on me in terms of time but not being one to test how much damage it did to me, I quickly chased it down and caught up to it as it was grasping its wound with the opposite hand. This was quite realistic. I swung down vertically and before it could dodge, the weapon had cut into its cheek. No damage notification popped up but I could see the cut bleeding so I knew it was damaged.

In another bought of brilliance, I checked to see if the environment could interfere in battles in the most simple way I could think of. I picked up some mud on the floor and tossed it into the goblin’s face before it could react.

‘Blinded’

7 more times. I dashed around to the goblin’s blindside as it swung towards me wildly while crying tears of pain and rage. I dodged its clumsy attempts at an attack with a chuckle and with pure strength, I slashed towards the goblin's neck. Fortunately, it connected.

‘Bleeding x10 Crit x1.5 damage’

I didn’t know how much bleeding did, but judging by the rate at which it was slowing down, I would say that it was quite fast. I stayed behind the goblin as it swung wildly and gurgled. Its rugged movements created an opening and my eye shined as I rushed in and attacked it once more. This time, it was just a stab through the head, but I gained useful information.

‘FATAL! Instant Kill’

‘20 exp’

‘10 gold coins’

‘iron dagger’

That was a plentiful haul? 20 experience? Are you serious? That was only a fifth of my experience bar! I kept my grievances to myself however and was about to leave but, lo and behold, I got another notification. This time however, it was not beneficial.

‘The goblin you had killed had a strong connection with its family. They can sense his death and will be here shortly. If you are discovered, they will hunt you down.’

Fast forward a little and here I am, about to be assaulted by a pack of goblins. I had managed to somehow kill one more stealthily but that only enraged them further and they started tracking me down even more fervently until this one found me.

I grit my teeth and tried to run but my fatigue caught up to me after a while. I was in the middle of a life-threatening situation but even then, I could give props to the producers for implementing what felt like real fatigue. Now what sucks, is that I can feel real fatigue which left a question hanging in my consciousness.

Would I feel real pain? I didn’t want to find out of course so I continued running. But, as I travelled farther and farther, they were always nearby. They never came to my position though, it was as if they were leading me somewhere and i didn’t like it. Also, I guess it would be worth mentioning that my ‘generating skill’ pop up was at 74% now.

I confirmed it was a sneak skill as it stopped climbing when I wasn’t sneaking. I clicked my tongue at the situation but decided on being reckless. They were leading me somewhere and I don’t want to be led places so I’m gonna be a rebel. I stopped in place and looked towards the floating city, I simply stared at it for a couple seconds as a light of determination came into my eyes.

I started jogging towards it, more accurately, I started running at the goblin furthest from me. I readied my long sword and rushed forth, probably to my death. After a couple seconds, I came across a group of goblins with levels ranging between 1 and 3. I grit my teeth and, before I wasted the element of surprise, slashed towards the legs of the nearest one.

I had learned that their bodies function as if they were real so attacking the leg hobbled them. My weapon cut through cleanly and I disregarded the notification that came along with it. The goblin let out an ear piercing shriek as the rest of them closed in on me rapidly. I was distraught at the situation but at the same time, I had determined myself to get through.

A sword entered my line of sight and I raised mine in an effort to block it. The action slowed me down and another blade in my blindspot cut my shoulder. I barely noticed the pain and ran out of the encirclement while mentally giving the developers my best wishes for not implementing pain. My sword was still with me, and despite the injury, I managed to hold on to it.

I ran and panted for a long time before collapsing near a tree. Within a minute, I could barely move and my shoulder was in a blinding pain to the point where I couldn’t even cry out. Fuck the developers! Tricking me into believing there was no pain sense! I thought about why I couldn’t feel the pain before and finally settled on adrenaline but a realisation struck me. You may be able to mimic most things in virtual reality, but you couldn’t mimic chemical processes like adrenaline. At least, not with today’s technology. This was reality.

It was like a punch in the face. It hit me hard and I leaned over to the side and threw up. But how did I have a gaming system? Whatever, not important. In reality though, it was extremely important. A couple minutes later and a notification popped up.

‘30 exp’

‘20 gold coins’

‘Iron Sword’

A laugh escaped my lips as I read the pop-up. First, I needed to find a way out of here. A small cog icon that was in the upper corner of my vision turned and i focused on it. Out of it came another pop-up. This time however, there were settings. The only setting that I actually wanted to see though was ‘Log Out’.

My eyes shot up in glee and I focused on it. However, reality dawned on me as another pop up came up as I focused on logging out.

‘Unable to logout, complete tutorial first’

This was a tutorial? Great, so what is the objective of this ‘tutorial’. I had no way to know, nor did I think I had a way to find out so I suppose I had to wing it. The most likely of the objectives was to kill the goblins who were tracking me but I ruled that out as it seemed completely plausible that I could have ignored them.

It may have been something to do with the floating city but, that seemed more like some high-end place rather than a tutorial zone. I had no other ideas so I guess I was going with one of those. The easiest seemed to be the goblins as I had no information on the floating city besides that it is well, floating.

I was still worried that I wouldn’t be able to kill another living being and I didn’t want to charge into battle with a disheveled mindset. I have done it before so why couldn’t I do it again? It was fight or flight, and if I chose flight, I doubt I would get home any time soon. Kill or be killed, simple in theory, messy in practice.

Thoughts ran rampantly inside of my head but eventually I managed to settle it down thanks to one thought, everything dies in the end so, what’s the difference if I made them die earlier? It was a definitively terrifying thought for someone who came from my world but as of now, I wasn’t exactly in that world and I didn’t know whether this one was real or not.

I took out my sword and one of the daggers that had dropped. Having something to guard with was better than nothing. What? You thought I was going to dual wield? I’m not that stupid, using a weapon I had no idea how to handle was bad enough but trying to coordinate attacks and defense with two weapons I had no idea about was basically suicide.

I could hurt myself. It may have been a better idea to use another sword to block with but I didn’t see it that way. As I saw it, having a smaller weapon to guard was more useful. What if the sword was too big to be handled properly in the environment I was in? I wouldn’t be able to guard or stab, unlike with the dagger where each of these could be performed almost instantly.

I stood from my hiding place and wandered back to where I thought I was being chased. Luckily, I spotted them and started to sneak before they became aware of my presence. And like that, the percentage on the generating skill increased. It was a minute increase of 2 percent but hey, I’ll take what I can get.

There were roughly three of them from what I could see. Whether or not more were being hidden from my line of vision, I had no idea. I could feel the adrenaline pumping as my heartbeat sped up but I was strangely calm. As if I was watching everything with a controller in my hand. I analyzed the situation and went through multiple plans quickly.

3 opponents with possible reinforcements. One level two and the others were level 3. It had to be finished quickly. If they had similar body structures to humans, then I could roughly formulate a plan that would work. From experience I could tell that they had weaker bodies than humans and I planned to use that knowledge to my utmost advantage.

Using my longsword, I could cut the head off of one goblin before they noticed me. That should eliminate one target, at the same time, if I aimed for the level two the plan would have a greater efficiency. Normally, you would take out the stronger enemies first but the level two was next to a level three so I could take both down as soon as I revealed myself.

One’s head would fly off while the other would be stabbed in the throat. I left room to improvise on the third goblin but I was mainly going to try a blitz tactic for him, or her, it. I snuck closer and was pleasantly surprised as I saw a notification that I received for the first time.

‘Congratulations! You have successfully acquired the skill ‘Sneak’’

Instantly, minor knowledge on the skill fled in my brain but strangely, it did not affect any of my current thinking. It was as if it was combining with my memories seamlessly. The thought terrified me, after all, if they could implant that easily, what else could they lodge in my head?

I brushed those thoughts aside with the help of the upcoming task and continued sneaking closer and closer towards the goblins. It wasn’t noticeable to me but I was much more quiet and quick then a couple of seconds ago. This allowed me to traverse the gap quicker but it also allowed me to get closer without signs of detection.

Finally, I got close enough to commence my plan and I shot forward, like an arrow shot from a bow. Before they noticed me, I chopped at the goblin on the right and stabbed the goblin on the left which prompted two notifications.

‘Fatal! Instant Kill!’

‘Crit! x2 damage Bleeding x10’

That left me with an enemy and a half. I rushed the goblin that was uninjured. I could see that it was about to scream and I knew I wouldn’t make it in time. Thus, I grasped the knife in my left hand and chucked it at the throat of the goblin.

‘Generating Skill 5%’

‘Generating Skill 1%’

‘Generating Skill 20%

I was generating three skills huh? That momentarily distracted me from the path of the knife but as I looked back, I had gotten a new pop up.

‘Disabled! x3 damage’

It let out a small scream but that was better than its ‘He’s over here’ one. I could see the knife lodged into its shoulder and realised, that I had disabled its arm. I rushed it as quickly as possible and covered its mouth with one hand while stabbing it with the sword in my other. The longsword had a tip made for stabbing and the goblin soon breathed no more.

‘You have killed 3 enemies with level surpassing your own therefore the rewards will be modified’

‘80 EXP’

‘37 Gold’

‘Goblin Loincloth, Iron dagger, Iron axe’

‘LEVEL UP! You have become level 2’

‘Your actions during the time it took to level up will determine the reward’

‘Generated skill ‘sneak’ +2 Dexterity’

‘Took little to no damage +2 Dexterity +2 Mind’

‘Generated successful plans +3 Intelligence +1 Wisdom’

That was an interesting leveling system. I’ve never seen one like it before. I couldn’t access my character sheet and it didn’t say anything about giving me stat points to spend so all the gains must be from actions I had done. I looked at my experience bar and mentally calculated what I had to do to gain another level.

Since the first level was 100 experience then i would have roughly, 50 experience left over. I was disheartened to see that the experience needed had more than tripled but thinking of the way I had gained my rewards, it seemed to be very helpful.

It off-put my disappointment at the slow leveling speed but deep down, I was still contemplating whether having quick and minor gains or long and major gains would be better. Short term, the first option would be better but long term, being level 100 and having more stats than a level 300 was more appealing.

After all, i didn’t even know if there was a level cap. Another major thought that went through my head was that there may be a possible loophole in this. I couldn’t be sure yet but couldn’t I just never level up and only workout. By the time I decided to level up, my stats besides the intellectual ones may double or even more.

First though, I had to scout the rest of the goblins. Depending on their numbers and power, I may need to power up first. I disregarded the bodies of the goblins and tried my best to find their base. I started by following the footprints left by the goblins. Thankfully, the ground was wet so following them was particularly easy.

There were few times that I lost the trail but I eventually found it again laid out amidst the mud. It took awhile but I eventually found it, their home, or cave really. It wasn’t unexpected but it still provided a slight amount of pity. It was illogical to think that they would all be here already so I made my way inside stealthily.

Nimbly, I crept throughout the caverns, in hope of finding their leader. If i could find him, then I would be able to tell the strength of the rest of them, after all, the goblins were primitive creatures who lived in caves, strength should be king here. As I got deeper inside, a filthier and more repugnant stench was infiltrating my nostrils.

I frowned at the intrusive smells but continued my search. I could see that there was a split in the upcoming tunnel and mentally decided to go right. In some ways, it was good for me to go down that route at this time, however if I had a chance to choose again, I would avoid that path entirely.

What I had found shook me to my core and changed some fundamental value within me. As I walked through the cavern, a smell that was growing more and more grotesque continued to assault me. However, I pressed on. Finally, I entered a room. It smelled absolutely horrible but the sight and sounds were far worse.

Screaming, whimpering, grunts. They all assaulted my eardrums as i took in the sight. Women were bound and being tortured or raped. They were laying in their own shit and piss, some with bulging stomachs. Some of them could only be called girls, not yet at the age of 13. Some others were over 50 and long past their birthing days.

I was filled with disgust and rage as I charged forth and yelled, as if to let the goblins know that they would be slaughtered.

‘Generating skill: 7%’

Another skill was being generated but it was pushed to the recesses of my mind. The goblin closest screamed and backed away from the female he was currently raping, she looked as if she was still a teen, however, the light was gone from her eyes. I yelled even louder and using my sword, I decapitated the goblin.

‘FATAL! INSTANT KILL’

‘Generating Skill 25%’

I rushed towards the other goblins and made quick work of them. They didn’t try to fight, only flee. They had no weapons either but none of it deterred me from my actions, if anything, it made me more brutal. I started prolonging their deaths, as if to make them experience the pain that they had inflicted on others. Soon, they were all dead and a flurry of notifications entered my vision.

‘Skirmish Concluded’

‘220 Exp’

‘94 gold’

‘Goblin Loincloth x4’

‘Congratulations! You have successfully acquired the skill ‘Battle Cry’’

‘Congratulations! You have successfully acquired the skill ‘Rush’’

‘Congratulations! You have successfully acquired the skill ‘Decapitate’’

I wasn’t in the right state of mind and thankfully, there weren’t any goblins who had found out what happened. If there was, I don’t know how I would have handled it. I looked around and tried to search for any women who weren’t broken but it was futile. They seemed like they were here for a long time already. how they have survived up until now was beyond me.

Then, at that moment, I had started to cry. Was it because of the situation I was in? No. Was it for the women who had lost their lives here? Also no. It was because, the sound of a notification interrupted my thoughts and I could barely believe the contents. This entire thing was planned the moment I got here

‘Tutorial Completed: Gaze upon the cruelty of this world and be converted into a true survivor’

'500 EXP'
    'Level Up!'
    'Your actions during the time it took to level up will be rewarded’

‘Generated Skills: ‘Battle Cry’ ‘Rush’ ‘Decapitate’ +5 Dexterity +5 Intelligence +5 Strength’

‘Consistently killed enemies at a higher level than you +3 Strength +2 Endurance +Title: Slayer +Title: Fighter’

‘Title: Slayer +4 Strength +3 Dexterity +3 Endurance’

‘Title: Fighter +5 Endurance +3 Dexterity +2 Strength

‘Successfully Baptised! Unlocked Home Base’

‘Took little to no damage ‘+2 Endurance +2 Mind’

‘Generating Skill: 15%’
    ____________________________________________________________________________

Note: Character page

Name: Balin

Level: 3

Titles: [Slayer]-Unequipped [Fighter]-Unequipped

Stats:

Strength: 18

Endurance: 10

Dexterity: 15

Intelligence: 10

Wisdom: 7

Mind: 10

Luck: 9

Charm: 5

Skills: Battle Cry, Blitz, Sneak, Decapitate, Cutthroat[40%], Mutilate[85%]

Inventory: Iron Longsword, Iron dagger x3, Iron short sword, worn Iron axe, G. loincloth x5, 161 gold

Blessings: blessing of cain

AliceShiki, Kysil and Naraku like this.
  18. Baby Balthy

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Baby Balthy

Reading List:
    Link
    @Naraku There is literally no possibility of you having read all that and liked it within that span of time

Kysil, JinVodka and Naraku like this.
  20. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    To the tavern~❀
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.