Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Raid Arena

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carm

Carm Drip drop, when will time stop

Reading List:
    Link
    The heart wrenching screeches of ghouls and ghosts were only overshadowed by the terrifying screams of the banshees. Thanks to my new found healing affinity, because apparently being constantly on the edge of death causes you’re body to obtain it (even though it should be a death affinity), I was forced to heal those who were injured, I’m not complaining about the ones with injuries though, rather the act of healing.

After several grueling hours of constant healing I was finally released, finding my armor to be fixed and acquiring a new shield thanks to a certain someone. Equipping it, I listened to the guild master’s announcement, immediately I went to the blessing font to divine my mace and shield.

Waiting in a line is never fun, especially when you’re in a line full of egotistical adventurers, since I’m an adventurer I can say these types of things, and there are thousands of ghoulish and spiritual beings heading you’re way.

Due to the wait I only managed to acquire a blessing for my shield, not both of them. But that’s better than nothing, I told myself. I then left by myself to go help defend the tumultuous village frontline, Lucky was currently acting as a healing factor for the injured and thus could not join me.

“Though it would have been nice to have him.” I muttered under my breath. My reasoning? Simply put, cats since ancient times have been seen as emissaries of god, or god itself, and have a very subtle holy nature due to that, even though that reverence is no longer practiced (at least, on a grand scale).

My lonesome figure was prominent in the wake of the attack; I went against the only thing I could reliably hurt, the ghouls, leaving the incoming higher ranked demons to my comrades.

Slowly 4 ghoulish fiends, out of a many, came into view, rather than wait and get overwhelmed I decided to act out my desires and pursed after them. They were quick, almost as fast as the crows, and that’s just their movement speed, their claws moved at speed exceeding even the dive bombing speed of the crows.

Yeah, I regret doing this.

*BANG CLANK KLINK* The front most ghoul immediately started to attack at random, since I couldn’t hope to dodge the fierce and swift blows, I raised my new shield, and took on the attacks. Slashes and scratches were made on the newly forged alloy shield, which had spikes (!), yet it showed no signs of breaking what so ever under the relentless attacks. Thankful for the shield and the single track mind of the ghoul which led to its self-injury (due to the spikes and blessing of the shield), I *BASH*ed the ghoul with my shield, impaling it with the spikes and knocking it down. *SMASH* Using my iron boots I crushed it’s head, and watched it’s body turn to dust, leaving only a stone similar to the ones dropped by the skeletons and zombies.

Distracted by that observation, I was attacked by the other three ghouls whom came at me all at once. *SCRATCH* The sound of a claw scraping against metal resound against my ear, as it's blow landed on my helm. Grinning (?), I let out my war cry and began the battle between us four.

BlancFrost, Zek, Nurman and 3 others like this.
  2. Siostar

Siostar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I managed to stab him, right on his shoulder, through the gap of his armor and coat. As stabbed him, I could feel how the dragger got into the his flesh, and the warm blood running down of the wound and into my hand, color it in a crimson red.
    Thanks to that, his posture has became unstable, a perfect chance to kill him. I quickly readied my dagger again, ready to give him the last blow, but in the last second I hesitated to kill him.

It was only for a second, but it neverless stopped me from killing him, right after the door suddenly opened and an elf showed up.
    Erdatiel: "Shadow, the healers need mo-What!?"
    Ah damn! Seems like the plan to kill him stealthy has failed, but is not too late yet, as long as I dispose of the eyewitness, it will be fine.
    Shadow: “Erd! Get away from here!”
    The moment he shouted that, I sprinted toward the unsuspecting elf, with my bloody dagger pointed towards her. She managed to block the dagger with her bow, and in the next moment, she disappeared. I looked around and I saw that Shadow has also vanished. I forgot about his ability to teleport.

Now that the plan has failed, I have no more use for you.
    Before I could say anything, I feel the same pain from before again, and once again I was also covered by the black cloud. The pure torture that I have yet to forget, made me scream with all my power. After that torturous amount of pain, my mind suddenly went all clear, and I realized what I have done.
    I...I almost killed Sin..... @ExitedDeviljho ...And also @shad12ow.....
    This...this was because of being controlled me….but…I don’t know whether they would listen to me….
    With that in mind, I quickly escaped the airship and then went away from the village. I could hear commotion on the far side of the village, it seems that I have been found out. I run and run as far away as I could. The only things that was still in my mind, was that I may not be able to see Sin again, but I'm glad, I at least didn't kill him... Farewell, Sin.
    OOC: For the people who want to know what really happened for Sin
    I take a look in my item box, and found some of the poison I have.....but in the end, I can't get myself to kill him...
    So I found some potion that makes him look like a dead person, for some hours.
    The effect of the potion is to make someone sleep for a long while, it will also make the heart beating weaker, the same thing will happening for the pulse, while the blood will run slower.
    I took one of them, to cover a needle with the liquid, and quickly hide the needle.
    Ps. I got help mostly from @Bielt and @shad12ow in this and the last post.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  3. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    Announcement! RAID IS OPEN!

When I was just leisure talking a walk around the camp, an announcement was make.

"Gahhh!!! I still can't find Monti and Ton!!! And Sin is busy flirting with girl in the camp. There's no way I'm going to ask him for help. F*ck Riajuu!!!"
    I join the other adventurer and soldier at the barricade of the Frontier Village and start fighting.

Eh? This time it's a different time of undead.
    Let me check with my Analysis skill.

Ghost, E-Rank, Level 13-17

Wraiths, D-Rank, Level 23-27

Ghouls, E-Rank, Level 15-19

Vampire Initiates, D-Rank, Level 25-30

The other undead army that are Rank above C is unable to be Analysis.

This time, the undead is weaker to holy magic instead of Fire.

"Gahahahaha!!!!! Luckily this brother has become Elementalist Marksman! And I have Light Element 1st Tier Skills. It should not be a problem."

I already have light bullet, now to learn Holy blast that deal 100% damage against undead.
    I still have fireball. It should be enough to help other adventurer.

I join the other adventurer that defending the Frontier Village and attack from behind.

"Holy blast! Light Bullet! Fire Ball! Snow Ball!"(Razer)
    "Huh? Who throw snow ball at the ghouls? Be serious a little, will ya?!!!"(Other adventurer)

It looks like I shouldn't use snow ball on the undead...

4. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    The sudden appearance of the Guildmaster and her elven wife startled everyone in the healing tent. Moreover, he was injured. Immediately after he appeared, Shadow fell onto his knees while being supported by Erdatiel.

“Q-Quickly, get me a healing potion!”

“Y-Yes, Ma’am!”

The staff, clearly still surprised by the turn of event, answered with a stutter. But then he quickly grabbed a healing potion and gave it to Erdatiel which proceeded to make him drink the medicine. She also quickly put her hand onto the wound and casted healing spell on it, closing the wound. While being treated, Shadow’s mind turned and turned.

“S-Sir!”

“Don’t worry about me. Focus on the others! Leave me alone for now!”

“Yes, sir!”

The other staff then exited the tent, leaving only Erdatiel and Shadow. She helped him sit on a nearby bed while she kept healing his wound. After a while, she stopped as his wound has closed completely.

“Erd.”

Said Shadow with a quiet voice.

“What…do you think happened?”

Erdatiel went silence for a while. She then looked at him with a very concerned face.

“….I don’t really know…but I think…she might be corrupted.”

“Corrupted?....Did you mean brainwashed or mind controlled?”

“It is,,,,certainly possible. Moreover with the fact that your enemies are vampire that are proficient in that kind of art.”

“Tch! Troublesome!”

Shadow stood up and then he touched his already healed wound.

“We have to get her. Can we….treat her?”

Erdatiel just shook her head in silence.

“….I see….well, if she can’t be saved….the least I could do is free her from her bond by…disposing her…”

“Shadow…you don’t mean…”

“…Unfortunately I do….It is hard as she is….a friend of mine but….I guess I’ll just capture and locked her somewhere save for now…”

“…I’m sorry that I can’t do anything about it…”

Shadow looked at her and shook his head.

“Don’t worry. You are not at fault. This is…war after all…”

Just when he was about to exit the tent, an adventurer came with a pale face. Seeing that, he knew that something bad is happening.

“Report.”

“G-Guildmaster! A-Aeternus is under attack! An army of flying monsters is attacking the city!”

They widened their eyes while Erdatiel let out a gasp as she covered her mouth. Shadow gritted his teeth at that new information and then barked out an order.

“Keep the defense in the village! Don’t let any of them get close to the Gate! Go!”

“S-Sir!”

The two of them looked at each other and they could read each other’s mind at that time. And that is that the war is getting worse by the minute.

Announcement! New Enemies spotted!
    1. Aeternus is under attack! All B and A member is ordered to get back to Aeternus and put up some defense. The enemies are a mix of Ghost, Wraith, Phantom, Vampire Initiates, Vampires, and Vampire Lord/Lady.
    2. The E to C members are to keep up the defense in the Frontier Village. Don’t let the ghost enter the gate!
    3. There is a chance that some shapeshifter has infiltrated our rank or some of our man has been brainwashed. Try to find them but just subdue them, don’t kill them.

BlancFrost, Zone Q11, Bielt and 7 others like this.
  5. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    I managed to raise my level from 10 to 15.

Looks like I work hard enough today.
    I don't have enough mana and stamina left.
    I should retreat and take a rest for now.

I see Monti running around the camp.
    He saw me, and running directly toward me.

Why does his face looks like sh*t?
    Like he just saw ghost or something.

"Hey Monti! What's up with the ugly face? Did you lose your money or something?"(Razer)
    "Sin is death."(Monti)

"I'm sorry? I feel like I hear something ridiculous right now. Can you repeat it?"(Razer)
    "Just come with me right now."(Monti)

Monti Dragged me to the healing camp where I last saw Sin flirting with a girl.
    What did he say just now?
    Death?
    Who?
    Sin?

I can see a boy laying on a bed surround by female adventurer and a doctor.
    You kidding me right?

"Sin!! No!!!"(Female adventurer 1)
    "We didn't even have a chance to go party quest together."(Female adventurer 2)
    "Sin. You promise to go training sword together."(Female adventurer 3)
    "Sin! You promise to go to gay bar together with me."(Male adventurer 1)

I feel like I heard the last guy talking about something weird.
    But let just ignore it for now.

I got close to the bed and watch Sin cold body.
    You kidding me right?

"Hey Monti. If this is a prank, then do tell me right now. I got it. You people must be pranking me right?"(Razer)

"Who is this rude guy?"(Female adventurer 1)
    "Can't you read the mood?"(Female adventurer 2)
    "Get lost will ya? No one in the mood to joke right now!"(Female adventurer 3)
    "The guy with the scythe look handsome. Want to go somewhere with me?"(Male adventurer 1)

Alright. This guy is on my death list.
    You better watch your back at night, pal.
    I throw snow ball at you.

"Hey Sin. Wake up Will ya!! You promise to go to party quest together with me, Monti and Ton. You can't just die right now. You want to become strong and avenge your family, right?"(Razer)

"There's still many thing that you need to do. Damn F*ck this. I won't call you riajuu anymore. So wake up will ya?!!!"(Razer)

"That's enough, Razer. Sin is already gone."(Monti)
    "F*ck this."(Razer)

"Announcement! New Enemies spotted! The E to C members are to keep up the defense in the Frontier Village. Don’t let the ghost enter the gate!"

"Razer. Let's go! This is not the time to mourn. There will be more death if we don't help defending at the gate right now."(Monti)
    "...Let's go."(Razer)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  6. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Master, it appears the Guild Master is Summoning you to return."

"Hahaha!"

(Lee Xiu sighed as he realized his Master was apparently relieving his pent up aggression. Thankfully, the moment ended and Gabriel went back to the town. He sent a Demon to the Guild Master with the loot dropped from the...

Draugr x30
    Jiangshi x70
    Phantom x12
    Banshee x3
    Vampire x5
    Vampire Lord x1

Gabriel had a good haul but the only reason he had so much was because he could just instantly kill an enemy by absorbing their soul)

"Hmm...that's no fun. I guess the Soul Rend is to be used as a last resort. Oh well. Haha! Let's make something new while you go fight for me!"

"Master?"

"Yeah, you. Get on it. I want to make myself a better weapon. Hop to it, Rotten Lee."

"...yes, Master..."

Zone Q11, Monti, Zek and 1 other person like this.
  7. Zek

Zek I write sins, not tragedies.

Reading List:
    Link
    [ooc]Your number one mahou shounen cockroach slayer sama is back desu[/ooc]

Having granted enough time to recuperate, Ruriha quickly arranged to head back towards the Frontier Village. This time, upon arriving, he was assaulted by pain inducing sounds, a result which came from the adjoined wails and weeping of the mourning ghosts. What's worse, right after he have reached the said village, the higher ranked adventurers were pushed back to help defend the Adventurer's HQ due to the sudden turn of events, leaving him alongside with only C - E companions.

Unlike the former monsters he have faced the previous day, the attacking creatures were entirely different. Perhaps they are being drawn by another perpetrator is what he hypothesized.

Since what he had to deal are Ghouls and alike, his previous contraptions and options were now severely limited, if not, none at all. This means that neither making a trench nor setting up some traps would work, as they had their fair share of ability to think unlike the normal Undeads.

Ruriha gritted his teeth upon arriving at this notion, as now he had to face them by himself.

8. Balthazzar

Balthazzar 『Reformed Member of NuF Society』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehhh?! They reappeared? I teleported to the edge of the ship and looked over. Upon seeing th forces, my grin became a sigh of disappointment. Still weaklings, can't anything show up that's well, stronger? Or at least provide some fun?

'All A to B rank members defend Aeturnus' They are ttacking Aeturnus then? I teleported to the edge of the floating city which allowed me to see all the flying creatures coming my way. Even though this was boring, the guildmaster neded me to do something right? "JERRY! AND OLD ELEMENTAL DUDE, COME TO ME!"

Then with those words, 3 beings materialized nearby. Jerry, his dragon mount, and the old dude that I wil name..... Bill! Why not? I sighed and summoned a chair to sit down on. I pointed towards the incoming forces and they nodded, showing their understanding.

Bill vanished and re-emerged in front of them before lining up his orbs and blasting the opposition into ash. But, there was simply to many and Jerry joined in. The two successfully managed to block the incoming waves, but unlike the undead, Jerry and co. had fatigue. They would only be able to keep this up for an hour before they started to be pushed back.

At that time, I had to join in.

ForumObserver, Monti, Nurman and 2 others like this.
  9. seriouslynope

seriouslynope [Armoured Madman][Ninja Hobo of War]

Reading List:
    Link
    If only I have that legendary elven made sword, I can probably hijack the ghost army and turn the tides, or not, as I’m not a legendary king or something. My blessed swords and armour is all I’ve got, that and a few potions and barrels worth of holy water I could probably use for traps.

Fighting against ghouls, huh? There were missions I accepted in the past that deals with grave robbers, some of them turned out to be ghouls. Fighting them is easy enough, they can't eat the dead if they have no head after all. Vampire hunting contracts are a bit rare which is why I'm quite surprised that there's an army of them out there, wooden stakes and the usual severed head should do them in. Ghost are a bit trickier. Silver blades work but silver is shit as weapons, salt works but is quite an important resource, and paladins are too zealous to help. Where's a ghost whisper when you need one...

I sit here alone once again, finished setting up barricades, stakes, and traps for the vampiric army. The ones for the ghostly army mainly uses holy water. Maybe I should've bought grenades with holiness imbued into them from boss, if he's got those sort of stuff...

10. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    After hearing that monsters were attacking Aeternus, I hurried back to set up a few defenses. As I approached Aeternus, I started gathering Holy Essence. Once I arrived, I had gathered a massive amount of Holy Essence. With my Essence Manipulation, I enveloped a thick layer of Holy Essence around and on Aeternus. With this condensed Holy Essence in place, any Unholy monster will feel weak when they get too close and any Unholy monster will die when they touch any part of Aeternus. Next, I set up a Luck Boost Field to increase the luck of Aeternus, allowing it to avoid disasters more often. Finished, I went back to my adventures.

Monti, fuzor100 and Zek like this.
  11. Malphas

Malphas Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm? This undead horde seems like one interesting welcoming party. How are we supposed to damage ethereal species anyway. I should be able to further my work here so I joined but it seems that it will be put on hold.

“Holy weapon enchantment over here!” Oh? A curious sensation filled me and I walked towards the sounds. Holy weapons? And apparently they can damage those beings outside? I grinned and had my scalpel enchanted with it.

This is a good chance to study a ghost afterall. Let’s see~ any lone ghouls or something like that? No? Well, I guess I have to find my own. Then something caught my eye, was it an incorporeal being? No.

To be honest, it was an adventurer, female. But, unlike what most men would see, all I noticed were her cold lifeless eyes. But she was moving around and looked to be acting normal.

So that is one of their ‘imposters’ aye? I would have completely missed her if I didn’t see her eyes, they were ones that I was used to seeing. Now, obviously I didn’t get much interaction from the undead, and my patients weren’t exactly alive so where could I have seen those eyes?

Ah, that is correct. those eyes look at me in the mirror. Emotionless, unfeeling. It unsettles people, makes them feel fear, disgust, or any form of ostracization really. Humans and other beings are a curious folk, but anything that doesn’t align with their perceptions are treated as outliers.

It is quite interesting and if you studied the brain like I have, then you would see that- Oh! I’m getting sidetracked. Back to the task at hand, the maniacal look in my eye returned to the normal unemotional one and I walked towards the girl.

Not too slow, nor too fast. These certain things will likely trigger some psychological nervousness from her that pushes her to get away. She looks at me and I look back at her while concealing the coldness in my eyes.

It works quite well for someone who doesn't know me. I offer an unnatural smile and ask her if she would like to volunteer at the health tents. This may have been an odd question to ask but I did so after making calculations.

If they were infiltrating us then they were trying to do one of these things. One, create discord within our ranks by challenging the hierarchy. Unless they were dumb however, they would wait for the time the boiling pot is at a high before attacking and this was clearly not the case.

Two, they were planting sleeper agents within our ranks to strike at us when the time was most suited. But once again, they were either not doing this or stupid because now that we know there are impostors, their plan would be at least 50% less efficient.

Finally, there was the third option, whittling away at our forces as much as possible from the inside.

@shad12ow Im not fully in char yet so the char won't be as in depth as later

12. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh? I fainted again. Sitting up I looking around, yep same tent. I wonder who's been dragging me back to this tent every time I faint?

Getting up and stretching, yep, my body seems to be fine. Looking down I notice a pouch at my feet, yep, they're my bloodstones. I go to grab it but my hands slip straight through, is someone pranking me with an illusion? I tried a few more times, yep, someone is pranking poor little Ton. What should I do now, I was planing to ask Shadow about these bloodstones though. I guess I'll look for him again~

Exiting the tent I think I can hear Razer making a fuss to the side, lets go take a look. Oh there's a crowd over there, I approached the group hearing bits and pieces of the conversation. It seems to be about Sin, as I waved my hand at Razer and Monti an announcement came up and they left. I guess they didn't see me?

I'll get closer to the group and see what the fuss is about, I wonder if Razer didn't get the free food or something... Oh? Sin's sleeping on the ground, I didn't know he had such an interest, but to each their own I guess. While bobbing down over the sleeping Sin I notice the sobs around me. What? Sin's dead? I take a closer look, nope, his soul is still here. Is this some sort of new bullying fad and that guy over there seems to have some strange fascination towards Sin's butt. I should probably remember his face, he looks dangerous...

As I get up to tell the group to stop their harassment one of the girls moved straight through me, startled I literally fell into Sin. Eh? When did I gain the power of intangibility? An out of body experience maybe? Glancing over at the tent I exited from I noticed me standing there staring back at myself. My body gave me a smirk and ran off.

Yep, my body's been hijacked. I guess I'll approach the guild monsters to get my body back? Eh? They all are away aboard Aeternus?

... This is bad...

13. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    (Ignoring the screams and cries of the destitute around him, Gabriel pulled several ingredients he had not used for a while. He used the various bones and materials from all of the loot he managed to keep so far and stitched together a hideous beast. He used the bones of the powerful Undead around him. He used the wings, horns, scales, and fangs of the Wyvern he still had left, and he shaped it to be bipedal with four arms. Using the disgusting armor, he Fused them so they could become big and strong enough to be used by this fearsome creature.

He Fused the two Obsidian Golem Cores into Black Diamond Golem Core and then Fused that with a Living Golem Core.

The final creation was something that shocked even Gabriel.

Great God Geb's Heart Shard:
    A piece of the earth God, this little scrap may not hold the true might of the Gods, but it has enough to power a city for all of eternity.

The monster that Gabriel created looked like a large brutish Dragonoid with four terrifying arms with crushing claws and scales. The bones were all fused together to increase their density and toughness. But it made the overall corpse so heavy, it sort of sank into the hard dirt. Gabriel had made use of the various spirits and souls to concoct another nightmare.

Midnight's Wailings:
    A truly hideous creation. Taking over 1,000 of the most vilest of souls, a truly gut wrenching person has made an appearance. Please, don't let this madman complete this!

Even the corpse that the Hobgoblin put together was an important piece.

Ancient Dragonkin Brute:
    Even though this does not completely measure up to the true things, this abomination would easily topple kingdoms if it had ever been alive.

By making use of the Mana flow he learned form Lee Xiu, Gabriel worked on fixing this experiment as fast as he could.

Finally, the Shard seemed to melt into the corpse and just as it was finished, the soul flew into the Shard, turning it from black to a deep bloody red.

"Hahaha! I did...it...oh."

"Do I have to fight? I don't want to..."

"Shit."

He got Irritum, the Demon of Depression.

Irritum, Demon of Depression:
    This Demon had long since gone to rest since he had been slain. However, due to a stupid person, he has risen again. Only to infect his surroundings with his contagious depressive aura. If he actually got around to fighting, he could probably ruin continents, so this is good...I guess...

Couldn't find a dragon with four arms and a set of wings, so just imagine them.
    [​IMG]
    ***************​

Zek, shad12ow, Monti and 1 other person like this.
  14. The great metalunicorn

The great metalunicorn [Blood Countess][Glue Overlord][Big Sister][War]

Reading List:
    Link
    *walks outside when the wind suddenly carried the smell of blood, natural instincts kicked in causing syn to blend into the trees*
    "That's too much blood for a petty match.... OOH THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!"
    *moving rapidly through the trees syn let out a sharp almost silent whistle, to which a large black vulture comes to*
    "Luci find out what's happening,", *licks lips* "It's been a while since I've smelled this much blood."
    *the bird quickly leaves leaving syn to follow the blood's coppery scent. A voice speaks, quickly getting clearer as the blood gets stronger*
    "......But the terrain is in our advantages! We can ambush them in the pass and also set some trap along the way! Be sure to not hit on them head on since their number is too large!
    "Hm?"
    Something is attacking us?
    *seeing fellow guild members, syn watches quietly, formulating her plan. The blood slowly pervading her senses and her feeling becomes cold 'the scent of blood' activated*

Nurman, Zek, ExitedDeviljho and 3 others like this.
  15. Carm

Carm Drip drop, when will time stop

Reading List:
    Link
    Mist started to cloud the area. Charging at me, the closest let loose a ferocious attack, quickly putting up my shield, I blocked the blow causing the ghoul to damage its hand. Seeing it stagger I went to bash it, only to feel a rather powerful blow on my right chest side, sending me flying. Feeling the intense pain from the bout of violence, I continued to roll on the ground. Now you might be thinking “Why roll?” Well simply put, rolling is under estimated, if you are ever knocked down by an opponent , then instead of trying to get up then and there, you should roll away from the attacker. Why? Getting up at that point will cause you to make yourself extremely vulnerable to the attacker. As well as the fact that if you roll, you’ll have more momentum and use less energy to get up. Well if this doesn’t make sense then I’m sorry but that’s the best you’ll get. But I digress.

After losing a suitable amount of momentum I got up and inspected my chainmail determining that it was not a ghoul that did that blow. If it was it would have scratched my chainmail, not bend it (the rings, not the actual chainmail). Looking around I saw nothing but the three ghouls charging at me.

I can’t focus on something I can’t see so I decided to focus on the ghouls for the time being, and will get to the matter of the surprise attack later.

The ghouls were getting harder to see as my line of sight was covered in mist. Anyways, I successfully parried one of the ghouls’ slashes and swiftly smashed its head into oblivion, now that it was vulnerable. At least, that what I would have liked to happen, but the world (writer[sadist]) isn’t so kind.

I was sent flying once more.

Rolling once again I got up, only to parry a ghouls attack at the last second.

‘Damn, this mist is making it hard to see where the ghouls are!’ I thought in my head as I agonized over how to deal with the situation at hand.

I felt a quick jolt of pain as one of the ghouls clawed my unprotected arm. But doing so also made it susceptible to attack, so quickly without letting it react I scattered its head, leaving only dust. I felt the mist quiver as I did, wait…. The mist? *BOOM*

I was sent flying once again.

This time it felt like a broken rib, I thought, as I did a self-assessment on my injuries from the recent sneaky blow. Never mind that, I listen closely for the other two ghouls that I was in battle with.

*BASH* The ghoul that was about to sneak attack me staggered and fell, *SMASH* and scattered into oblivion.

Now then, where was I? Ahh yes the mis….. *BANG* *CRACK* My thoughts were interrupted.

I was sent flying…. Well you get it.

Feeling the extreme pain in my chest and hearing the cracking sound I realized with one hundred percent certainty that I had a broken rib. Silently, I used my healing skill on myself, while I tried to detect the last ghoul. Without even bothering to block and bash I stepped and *SMASH*ed it’s head. Finally all four ghouls were dust.

Finally I can focus at the thing at han… *CLANK*

I was not sent flying this time.

My shield blocked the attack and only made me stagger back a few feet. Thanks to this I could get a clear view on what attacked me. “Just as I thought” I mumbled as I saw the vampire initiate materialize, dispersing the mist, clenching it’s hand in pain, probably over the fact that it impaled itself into my shield, which was blessed. Looking at me with hateful eyes it impulsively leaped at me. I once again blocked the fierce blow, this time was a kick, but was again sent staggering from the strength of the blow. As it winced in pain again it looked at me with caution. At this time my mind was thinking ‘Why didn’t I get any holy water?’ This exchanged repeated itself once more before the vampire gave up.

A flame fueled by anger could be seen in the initiate’s eyes, mine were filled with pain. Reaching this impasse of attack and defense I continued to use my (minor)heal, only stopping when my pain subsided. Grinning to myself, I went on the offensive. It blocked and parried, while I crushed and smashed. As I gained more and more momentum finally an opening appeared and I took it. *BASH* It went staggering, *SMASH* it dispersed into dust, following the previous examples, and left behind a single mysterious stone.

Looking up I saw countless adventurers fighting, some even fighting each other. I wondered why till I heard the newest announcement. Clenching my teeth in rage, I stormed off to meet the specters.

BlancFrost, Zek, Monti and 2 others like this.
  16. The great metalunicorn

The great metalunicorn [Blood Countess][Glue Overlord][Big Sister][War]

Reading List:
    Link
    *In Syn's vision a group of people are crowded around a single laying body. It was that really pretty person.... And based on the sobs that person was thought dead. Something was off though... Syn had a lust for killing and watching as the very life of a person faded under her blade. The pretty person however seemed too, ...bright.*
    " It seems the holy knight's soul is still here."
    *Syn's eyes became cold as she grabbed her dagger, behind her a large bird landed silently. Images of conversations and battles ran through her head*
    This smell, I need to leave before I destroy something else.
    *taking one last look at the pretty person on the ground, an image of a sleeping child dying by a black onyx blade ran through her head, she, like a shadow, disappeared*
    *Slowly the smell caused her body to change....*
    *A distorted smile broke through a twisting face*

A shuffling sound caught her attention, like a wisp she was in front of it, daggers ready. Before her stood something vaguely human that smelled of rot and death.... Seeming to not notice her presence it shuffled towards the direction of the pretty person. With the speed of a viper her two daggers decapitated the lifeless alive.

"Time for some fun."

Zek, ExitedDeviljho, fuzor100 and 2 others like this.
  17. Malphas

Malphas Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (continuing from my last post)
    This was likely the option they chose and what best way to do that then target the still recuperating? For me, I didn’t even know if such tents existed here but it was worth a shot. For her however, an idiot human was allowing her access into a place filled with vulnerable humans.

It would be quite the deal if I was in her place and just like I had anticipated, she accepted. We walked through the village for a couple minutes making small talk until we came near the battle. To which, I avoided completely and took the desolate route without making myself to suspicious.

“We are almost there now.” I assured her that the destination was right around the corner and when I turned she turned along with me. But what met her was not the sight of medical tents, it was me, pressing one of her many paralysis points.

It astounded me how many modern day physicians had missed when it came to these thing. Quite interesting really, they were all revealed with a simple push and instead of rewarding my efforts, they casted me out and branded me as crazy. Can you believe it?

A revolutionary discovery but they shunned it on the account that I had used so called unsavory means. Who cares about sacrifices, as long as it serves to further my knowledge then it is accepted by me.

And now that I’m in this ‘guild’, I can examine a wide array of species I wouldn't have been able to before. The possibilities were endless! Genetics could be combined, recreated, or destroyed with a single tweak.

If you understand what I’m talking about then you have a better chance of understanding the outcomes in my discoveries. Disease could be eradicated, any species could be genetically enhanced or otherwise.

It would be quite marvelous but they cast me out on the pretense that I was trying to play god? THIS IS SCIENCE! NOT SOME TEST AGAINST AN IMBECILE WHO CAN’T EVEN CREATE A PERFECT RACE! Ah…. anger, pleasure, or otherwise, all these emotions of mine stemmed out from my feelings towards my brand of science.

But i'm getting sidetracked, so with newly-discovered fervor, I strapped the imposter to well, something she probably shouldn’t be strapped to and gave a small smile. My work will continue! First, I took out my scalpel, then my forceps, along with a bonesaw and any other tools I would need.

Without anesthesia or any numbing agents, this would basically be torture but in my defense, everything I do is a step forward for science, no. For MY science. So without further ado, let’s get this examination started.
    OOC: this character's personality is miles away from the sadistic killer that i originally planned

Clown333 and Zek like this.
  18. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently, we are defending at the barricade in front of Frontier Village.

As an Elementalist Marksman, I don't have to be in the vanguard lines anymore.
    I just need to shot light bullet and holy blast from a safe distance.

The undead army are currently pushing hard. All the Vanguard have abandon the first barricade line and are now defending the second barricade.
    Hopefully we can stop the army before it reach the Frontier village walls.

I have reach level 17, just from firing from a safe distance.
    I still can't believe about Sin death.
    I wish someone just tell me, Surprise! You have been prank!
    But reality doesn't go that way.

Now that I think about it, I don't see Sio anywhere near Sin at all.
    I thought Sio will be the saddest one because of Sin death.
    Am I missing something?

Suddenly I saw Ton running toward us.

"Hey Ton!!! Where the heck have you been? Stop slacking and help us defending the barricade!!!"(Razer)

Ton who saw me yelling at her, suddenly running toward me, give me a drop kick to the face and running while laughing like a madman.

"Muhahahaha!!!"(Ton)
    "You @#$%! Chibi! You better not let me catch you!!!'(Razer)

Ton is running around giving a drop kick to the face to several adventurer.

What the heck is she doing now?
    Eh?

Suddenly a curse scream coming from the vanguard at the front line.
    All melee fighter are currently fighting each other.

What are they doing?

"Watch out for the Phantom C-Rank undead. They can possessed your body if you are not careful enough!"

C-Rank undead? There's no way I can fight that.
    Does that mean Ton is currently possessed by that Phantom?
    I thought it was just her normal behavior.

How the heck are we going to defend this barricade?
    This is getting harder and harder for a second.

Zek, Monti, AliceShiki and 1 other person like this.
  19. Balthazzar

Balthazzar 『Reformed Member of NuF Society』

Reading List:
    Link
    I was in the midst of the enemies, holding them back for quite a while. Jerry and co. were recuperating on the sdelines while I just sat and destroyed wave after wave of enemies. It was honestly getting quite boring, not much variation in how I did things. Might be magic, might be a slash of a weapon or something but it was never really entertaining.

The strongest thing was a lord and even that was weak as hell, I really need to fight the hydra soon. I know that its at S rank but even though im not exactly on that level yet, well... technically I am because I can destroy a planet but it would take a while. But anyway, it would at least be fun enough.

That and the battle against heaven but the hydra comes first. You know, as I was killing these things, I could feel something in the back of my mind pressing forth to my attention. It wasn't my demon side and I just couldn't place what the hell it was. But after killing a couple more thousand, it became apparent to me.

It was quite painful as well, it started from a slight throb and progressed to mind-numbing pain that shredded throughout my body. I wasn't attacked by the forces however since Jerry and co. took note of my stress and took over for me. I was now back in a chair overlooking the fight.

I was concious, obviously, but I was losing my awareness. It was completely unknown to me that everything within an area around me was subtly getting pulled into my direction. I was also unaware of the fact that I was coated in black and the area was quickly expanding. I couldn't think as the pain got more intense and I lay there in the sky, surrounded by black.

The pain was getting more and more intense and as the area expanded onto the incoming foorces, I let out a roar of pain. It was accompanied by every being the area covered, but mine was the loudest. Quickly, Jerry and co. disintegrated along with any forces that were enclosed by the area and their matter was getting sucked to me.

Instead of gathering around me however, they were absorbed into me and I was quickly feeling more and more pain. Space couldn't hold and was ripped open but even that was absorbed by me. It only made the amount of pain skyrocket and a wave of pain assualted me as an unnoticeable tear in the dimension appeared quite a ways below me.

Out of which came a fallen angel, if I was aware then I would have recognized him to be the same one that saved me during the dragon raid. (for all you who have known me since then, you know who im talkin about) It was unknown to me then, but his true power was at least SS rank.

His eyes quickly widened before he disappeared and reappeared next to me. he grabbed onto my shoulder, seemingly unaffected by the absorption of well, everything and dragged me near the tear he came out of. He looked back at the opposition that was closing in on the city and snorted.

He waved his hand which released 2 black drops of blood which formed into 2 normal looking men. You would be good not to be fooled though since the power of each was even stronger than I. They stayed behind and flattened the opposing force as he, along with me, disappeared into the tear.

OOC: hur hur hur, time for power up number.... I dont even know anymore, it'll probably be a side story that will be uploaded to the AG thread.... the one for side stories... ya know?
    tag me in the tavern or like this post or do something to catch my attention if you want to be notified when the side story is released

20. Xenasora

Xenasora 「Togepi Clan Leader」「RuneWeaver」「Enchant Crafter」

Reading List:
    Link
    "Kuhu...Kuhahaha...KUHAHAHAHAHA! I'm here!" Arriving extremely late to the battlefield of Frontier Village, I gazed at the myriad of undead surrounding my fellow adventurers.

"Keh, looks like I should have joined in earlier..." I muttered as I grabbed a SonicRune Talisman from my side pouch and activated it, "TO ALL ADVENTURERS CURRENTLY AT FRONTIER VILLAGE, IN THIS STATE OF EMERGENCY, I HAVE TALISMANS OF HOLY ELEMENTS THAT CAN BE APPLIED ON YOURSELVES AND YOUR WEAPONS. IT ENHANCES EXISTING HOLY ELEMENT BY 130% AND PROVIDES 85% HOLY TO ANYONE WITHOUT. I ALSO HAVE LIFERUNE TALISMANS THAT WILL FULLY HEAL YOU! THEY ARE ALL FREE AS IT IS AN EMERGENCY! I HAVE A LIMITED SUPPLY, SO MOVE QUICK!"

My voice echoed across the entire area, being heard by everyone over the din of battle. As I shouted, I cast as many of my buffs and debuffs to help my allies. 【Cast on Beat】was used to reduce my cooldowns to half, while using 【Keen Strike】 to boost accuracy and provide additional 76% attack to weapons, 【Elixir】 which boosted Healing Effects by 250% for 1 minute and 30 seconds, 【Overrun】to increase movement speed by 60%, 【Mage Howling】 and 【Reflex Boost】 to increase Magic Attacks by 20%, and dodge rate by 40%, respectively. Making my decision not to use 【Array of Sacrifice】unless we were in a dire situation, I cast 【Mana Siphon】and【Mana Transformer】simultaneously, using Siphon on enemies to recharge my energy pool, while spamming Transformer at my allies to lower their energy costs, in between, I cast 【Astral Hypnosis】and 【Mind Shock】as many times as I could, before returning to support.

'Those monsters aren't going to realise what hit them when we're through with them!'

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    Zek, ExitedDeviljho, fuzor100 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.