Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Raid Arena

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seriouslynope

seriouslynope [Armoured Madman][Ninja Hobo of War]

Reading List:
    Link
    Last I remember was the act of breaking the second leg of the last Herculean Beetle, after that all I could remember was a blur. Pain, the sound of my own breathing, footsteps, and impacts against a hard surface, then comes the crumbling followed by a cry of a wounded behemoth. The deafening sound of the groaning beast stoked the embers of life in my body, I can’t move but seeing my handiwork pay off all I could do is smile. I feel the wind on my face, seemed like the bevor and visor of my helmet has finally given out on me. Well, I don’t think I need it in the afterlife.

Time stops, people said that this thing happens whenever you’re close to death. I’ve experienced it more than enough times to politely say that they don’t know shit.

The sensation of my body leaving the ground follows, I know the pain should’ve been immense but struggling to breathe due to a punctured lung was what consumed me, not the burns, not the broken bones. A voice was heard, I couldn’t make out what that voice was saying but I care not. That was a voice I know; if I’m not just hearing things it means that I’ll likely survive this one. I see…

My breathing slowly normalizes, the pain as my bones were set back to where they should be follows before the smell of burning skin started to dissipate, I was being restored back to health. No rest for me, I can keep fighting.

"Well, it's done, you're healed up... Your armor is lost though... I'll take you back to the camp; I think you can get a spare one there." Says the young lady as she also point out the sorry state that my armour was in. Nothing I could do but make another kit, hopefully boss can make improvements on the exoskeleton part of it.

"Bring me to the elves instead." The information I gathered as I was on my suicide run was that the enemies are concentrating their efforts there, there’s little time to spare; I go where the fight goes.

"What? How will you fight like that!? It's suicidal!" Maybe, but that’s just how these things go. You only stop fighting once you stop breathing.

"We need every hand we can get, don't we?" There are no civilians in a fight for survival, that’s the truth that has dawned to me a long time ago.

"That is... Alright, please try to stay safe Rald-kun, don't overdo it." I won’t make such promises.

Arriving at Oakenlake, I changed into something less burned out and stow the non functional parts of my armour before meeting the defense militia that was engaging the first wave. The only thing I could salvage from the wreck is my boots and my gauntlets, the others were exposed in so much heat that it’s possible their tempering was ruined. Seeing me arrive with one of the known faces of the guild, they let me off without much comment and even let me borrow a shield which I strapped to my back. Once at the walls I took out my bow and clipped the arrow bag on my sword belt, without the exoskeleton supplementing my strength the two-hundred and pound draw weight of this bow would only permit at most fifteen successive shots before I can’t pull the string back anymore.

I’m at my last five shots, downing around a dozen insect and flying serpent in the front line I decided that the next five would be the last I’d use this massive bow. I can’t commit all my strength to archery so five more and I’ll go to the front lines myself to engage in the melee. A great horned beetle’s down, an arrow smashing through its head armor, a flying serpent falls, skewered with a broadhead, another beetle’s charge was stopped with an arrow to the knee joint, skewered a giant mantis and the giant ant behind it with a bodkin pointed arrow, last shot blinded an ancient treant and interrupted its spell. I unstrapped the shield on my back and draw Drei Wunder from my sword belt before jumping from the ramparts, landing on that same ancient treant as I stab its other eye out before finally killing it.

“Rally to me! Form up and shields together, we’ll slaughter all of these bastards!” With these crude words, I took command of the fight.

[OOC] 740 or something...I'm always cutting it close, am I?

scriptor, Nurman, Razogul and 8 others like this.
  2. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    An announcement of Morian death had been announced. All adventurers are to pursuit and kill any monster remnant of Morian soldier.

The raid finally finish. I want to go back already, but first, I reach the previous metal house that I found at one of the empty village. As expected, no one is around anymore. How the heck do I search for Ton and Taka in this big forest?

There's no way I can find those two. Let just go back to the Camp B and rest. I heard their going to make turtle soup party later. I wonder how it will taste?

On my way back to the camp, a sound of bombardment can be heard. I hope the bombardment didn't stray to my path on my way back.

A sound of fighting can be heard hundred few meters in front of me. I check the battle with my eagle eye and can see a group of elves fighting with Man Eating Plant and poisonous bug.

"Oi Elves!!! Fall back!!! I'm going to make a rain of fire at those monster!!!"(Razer)

The elves heard me scream and instantly take they distance away from the monster. Without wasting time, I cast Fire Shelling at the middle of the monster swarm and finish them with Flamethrower.

"Are you guys OK?"(Razer)

"Yes, thank you for your help. We were ambush by the monster when we are busy with something else. If not, we can handle those monster just fine. What is your name?"(Elves)

"I'm Razer Fuzor."(Razer)

Hmm? Why do I feel deja vu???

"Oh! OK, thank you once again Mr.Razer. If you want we can reward you if you follow us to our village."(Elves)

I guess it's not deja vu.

"No, it's OK. I'm in a hurry. Maybe next time."(Razer)

"Haha. I understand. You don't have to be reserved with us, just because all of us elves is handsome and beautiful. We don't discriminate against normal human."(Elves)

*Twitch*

Did I just meet narcissistic elves? Now that I look at them again. These elves man and women are handsome and beautiful.

"No. I'm fine. I have other business that I need to attend. Until next time."(Razer)

"Oya? You still feel shy with us? You human don't have to be shy with us. I know that I'm more handsome. You don't have to feel inferior."(Elves)

I grab the elves collar and lift him up in the air and cast fire punch in my other hand. This elves level is low. My strength is higher than him...

"Alright. You better shut your mouth before I burn you. You get me?"(Razer)

The elves nod quickly. I guess the elves have bad affinity with fire.

I quickly leave the place. By the way, I'm wearing my Fire mask during the battle and the conversation with the elves. He must mistake me having inferiority with my face due to me wearing my mask.

Later, I reach the camp and found Ton is selling photo to a group of adventurer. Without wasting time, I quickly grab Ton and leave the place. A sound of cursing from other adventurer can be heard but I don't care.

"Hey! You disturbing me doing my business. I'm racking a lot of gold you know?"(Ton)

"Never mind about that. First explain to me about this orb."(Razer)

"What orb are you talking about?"(Ton)

"Don't play dumb with me! Do you want to see what is inside the orb?"(Razer)

"Tch! Alright, calm yourself down. I can sell to you something good and you won't regret it!"(Ton)

"It's better be good or else."(Razer)

"Pff!! See for yourself."(Ton)

Ton throw something at me and I catch it. This is!!!

"Alright! I buy it. I forgive you if you give me discount on it."(Razer)

"Thank you for your purchase!"(Ton)

I thing I can turn this into a card and sell it later. But first thing first. I search for crowen and found him resting at some place at the camp.

"Crowen! I have something I want to give you! Here, take it. But you cannot see it in here. Go to a place with no people and you can watch it later! Bye"(Razer)

I quickly left the dumbfounded crowen and quickly go back to my tent and start forging card.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    Zek, scriptor, Nurman and 7 others like this.
  3. FuRen

FuRen [Lime]

Reading List:
    Link
    After I finished assisting Millie, I decided to return to the Guild through the teleportation point.

But on the way there, something unexpected happen.

A paper suddenly appeared before me. It simply appeared out of thin air like a ghost, giving me a surprise.

When I took it for a read, I realized that it was a Potion Recipe for an unnamed potion. And when I read the bottom of the paper, it said: 'You must craft this potion'. So I thought aloud.

"Do I have a choice?"

Then, another smaller piece of paper appeared before me.

'No.'

The moment I read it, I could feel the side of my eye twitch in exasperation. But after some time, I simply sighed and took the recipe another read.

The potion requires a Dragon Heart, Bottled Purified Moonlight Water, Heart Blood of a Black Cat, and a drop of blood from a Nine-Tailed Fox.

Fortunately, I still have a Dragon Heart from the Earth Dragon which Cameron almost killed.

So with another job in hand, I returned to the guild.

Zek, Razogul, nguuuquaaa and 8 others like this.
  4. Clown333

Clown333 「Altiora Petamus Volente Deo Lucete Stellae」

Reading List:
    Link
    Drawing the horizon in the red sky lines. The setting sun. Began to rise in the frozen nights. The moon.

As the gargantuan turtle, Morian flames of lifes disappeared forever, the body gradually fades into dusts. Crumbling, down within the night, leaving his minions rampaging--soon be defeated by the guild members. The monsters, the plants, the vines, a quick one sided extermination. Since Morian has been defeated for good, the morale of the adventurers has raise to its peak since the beginning of the arduous battle. Again, in the clash of either sharp or blunt edged weapons, dancing magic in the night sky, paramount salvo of artilleries shot in unison which is conducted in grand manner, constructing a symphony of the night ends. Powerful, brimming with intense plays of its own instruments. At the fingertips of the conductor. Everything had happened. And the attrition of the long battle, shall be fruitful.

“Rally to me! Form up and shields together, we’ll slaughter all of these bastards!”

Commanding the battle, Rald, said the words.

Taking a glance, even when his armor was an already in lost-condition, he smiled and leading the lunge. Swinging his Drei Wunder after administering his shots all the way. Followed by the others at his back.

"Seems nobody has loosened up their spirit. No?"

Crowen, following from the back, joining the skirmish. Shooting down monsters who were trying to attack from the rear and back.

Additionally, the evacuation in the village are proceeding well but, since the threat was seemed non-existent, the elves has decided to return to their villages, even one moment ago, they would meet an undeniable and utter destruction upon all of them. Either in the mercy of Morian, or the monsters-it-controlled. Or either entities whom beyond their and all comprehensions which also waits in the void darkness.

Looking into the sides of the battlefield, lava craters, damaged earth, dead bodies and debris could be seen from above. But there, were the adventurers whom resting their soul, mind and body. Rejuvenating themselves, regenerating their lost power, recuperating their energy. Sitting, leaning to each other shoulder or a stone or tree.

After some hours, the clamoring chatters in the bonfire could be heard. Smells of the food served. Ale, and other beverages quenched the parched throats. Delighting the strayed souls into one warmth. They're circling the fire.

Sounds of the repairing also could be heard. Restoring the damage done to the adventurers, and the guild properties also as hard as restoring the aftermath of the battle. Leaving the hard-work to the guild staffs, the members are helping with what they can.

The joyous mood had returned to the faces of the adventurers. Apparently not from recuperating and healing but, something else. Not a kind of sarcasm but, it would be better if everybody took rest through the night. Except, for some, who still have other business with the pile of monster carcasses. What business? It's just, a little business which almost all of the adventurers should've known about. It's just...

dismemberment.

Hacking through the numerous piles of bodies for something of value. Some may found little, or many. Little if you don't know where and what to look. But otherwise, the opposites as for the otherwise. That is what has filled up Crowen's Inventory now. Leaving him just to rest in the camp.

"Dragon Hides, Dragon Teeth and Talons, Dragon Bones, Dragon Liver, Dragon Heart, Elemental Sac, Dragon Scales, Containers of Vials filled with Poison Acid, Vines, Carapace, Barks. So much to take. Whew~"

Letting a long sigh out, he finally ended with organizing the inventory he had today.

After taking all those items out and putting them again, as expected, it was tiring. And finally, he could get the rest he deserved. As so was he thought.

But,

"Crowen! I have something I want to give you! Here, take it. But you cannot see it in here. Go to a place with no people and you can watch it later! Bye~"

Razer suddenly came to him, giving a peculiar orb, and then just leave. Leaving a very big question for Crowen to answer alone.

"What's that supposed to mean anyway?"

Dumbfounded, he was putting the orb to his Inventory. Leaving him in peace for now. Until,

yes. Until the truth of the orb came to him. Made him vomiting blood, and cursing his own eyes for what he had seen.

The debauchery.
    It maybe too strong for him.

@seriouslynope @fuzor100
    [OOC] The thing that took me so long is to listening Beethoven's No. 9 for hours, posted by @Kroenen in page 25. Do blame him. It's epic lol [/OOC]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  5. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    Setting off after helping the woman adventurer, I fly to Morian's direction... But I feel him die... It was probably Rachii's doing... Because I feel her absorbing his energy lines too, which I cut a part off, so she won't absorb corrupted nature energy...

I look around and see that even after Her doings there are still some monsters rampaging... Specially neat the camp... Maybe a side effect of all the deaths near it....

I fly back to the battlefield, using shadow tendrills to kill every rampaging monsters, and in the way, I notice that the vines are still attacking too....

I turn them in ashes... But they have something strange in them... Almost like they are a form of magical being.... So I cut some parts of it, and store in my shadow together with some monsters...

Almost reaching the camp I see far away some "mountains" trying to see what it is, I remember that Dan had cut off Morian's legs many times...

So I go there and land on top of it...
    The dark energy feeling the forest is thick... And I can hear the souls of the dead crying out for vengeance....

Niyari: {Bi... Hikari is going to someplace, she said she wanted to go... But don't worry I will be with her...}

Answering Niyari's mind message.
    {Okay Niyari... Please don't let anything happen with her...}

"Well... I can't let Rachii's new territory, end becoming stained with death... So let's start"

I open my shadow and take Morian's legs in. Next I fly high in the sky, and expand my senses... And my power...

Using Soulmancy to cove not only the valley, but oaklake and all the forest.

{Come to me dead ones!
    I am Biel Shiki and I will judge if you are worth for a next life, or if you are going to the lands of suffering!}

The souls of dead adventurers, monsters, animals, plants and anything that died in this forest come my way forming a vortex of souls that covers the entire sky above The forest...

A ghostly lotus appear in my left hand, and black chains appear in my right hands...

The lotus absorbing the good and neutral souls, and the chains bidding the evil tainted ones... It was then that I saw one expecific soul... A giant turtle... The soul of Morian...

A grin appear in my face, as grab it
    "You dared to attack my home, my friends and family. You will suffer for in life and in death!"

His soul shrieking and I store it away to continue my work...

Soon all the souls were dealt with... And I send a message to Dan.
    {Dan, are you okay? I want to see you~
    We need to celebrate the victory and Rachii's new territory~ I will be going to meet her~
    I love you~♥}

I fly where I feel Rachii's life signature, and soon see her

Beautiful as ever, or maybe even more.
    I glomp her and both of us, roll a few times in the air.
    *Giggle*
    "Racchi~! Congratulations~
    For getting a new territory~!"

I kiss her before she can answer...

@LittleFox21 @brasca123 @A5G_Reaper @shad12ow

((Got some cool Crafting materials))

Zek, LittleFox21, scriptor and 10 others like this.
  6. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    The elf lifted her head weakly, just enough to get her eyesight toward her rescuer’s face. Although she didn’t say a single word, the expression on her face had said enough for Shadow to know that she at least recognized him. To what extent, even he doesn’t know.

But their reunion has to be cut short as they are not in the safest place around. Shadow then deployed several saw spiders to deal with the remaining monsters before he could join the retreating group of survivor.

“Here, drink this,” said Shadow as he gave her a small health potion.

“T-Thank you.”

With trembling hands she accepted the potion. She barely able to lift the potion up by herself, a sign of how bad her condition is. When she finally emptied the content of the small vial, her complexion turned for the better. But she still looked far from well.

“Can you walk?”

“I t-think I can…”

She said that, but seeing that she has collapsed before, Shadow decided that making her walk by herself is not the wisest option at the current situation.

“Tch! Excuse me for this.”

“H-Huh? What are y-KYAA!!”

“Quiet! Don’t struggle!”

“Y-Y-Yes!!”

The elven mage nodded her head frantically while her whole face is red due to blushing heavily. But Shadow didn’t realize that and kept her in a princess carry. For him, carrying her that way is so easy due to the whole exoskeleton strength enhancement. With both of his hands occupied, he relied on Nehebkau for attacking the monster army. The eight spider legs shot out ice arrow and also slicing any monster that is able to dodge the saw spider’s attack or Nehebkau’s ice arrow.

“Master Shadow.”

“What is it, Arkley?”

A sudden communication came from his mechanical spider on top of the airship.

“Morian has been dealt off, sir. The majority of the monster has retreat. And some member has requested some pick up.”

“The turtle’s finally dead, eh? No wonder the monster seems weaker compared to before. Proceed with the evacuation while continue the bombardment against the monster army.”

“Acknowledged, Master Shadow.”

As the communication closed, he tried to get ready to join the other before a slight tugged on his sleeves.

“T-Turtle? D-Did you mean Morian? He’s dead?”

“Huh? Yeah, we killed it. Just in time though since he is nearing the capital.”

“B-B-B-B-B-But h-h-h-h-h-he’s powerful!”

“Yeah? So?”

“So? So how did you defeat that!?”

“Uhm…..burning it, stabbing it, stomping it, anything, really.”

“B-But, b-b-but-“

“Oh, just be quiet, will you? We’ve dealt with it and that’s all that matter.”

He then shot out several ice arrows at the incoming few giant insects which froze them instantly. Then a slash with the metallic spider leg shattered them into millions of ice pieces.

“And besides, we need to get away. My airship will bombard this place soon.”

“B-B-Bombard!?”

“Yeah, bombard. So let’s get away from here. Oh, a present for you guys~!”

Shadow let out several explosives spider toward the horde. Seconds after that, loud sond of explosion filled the area.

“Now let’s join the other survivor. I also need to pick some of my guild member.”

“Y-Yes.”

And with that, the Guildmaster ran toward the direction of the retreating survivor while carrying an elven mage.

[OOC: Considered that everyone in request of pick up will be picked up by either my airship or the guild's airship.]

7. Drevart

Drevart [Eternal illusion][Tea lover][MC RLOAT]

Reading List:
    Link
    After the Morian was killed I decided to continue my adventures in the forest since I can find something useful here. I was running through the forest when suddenly a vine came from the side. I was barely able make it so that the vine won't hit me with the full force but even with all my efforts I was unable to completely neutralize the strike. There was a bloody wound on my left side.
    "Crap, what was that?!" I turned around and the sole thing I saw were three vines coming at my face and limbs. I was able to evade one coming to the face by crouching down and cut off the second, but the third hit me at the shoulder.
    "Again! These damned plants!" I groaned in pain when the plant hit the wound which I got last time. "But how is it so strong?! It's strength is not something D-rank monster can have." When I finally saw the plant which attacked me, all questions were gone because at the moment I knew why it's strength wasn't something that a D-rank monster should have. The reason behind this was quite simple. It was because this wasn't a D-ranked monster, but C-ranked instead.

"I think I'm in danger now..." I said with wry smile. "Hm? What's that?" Something on the monster caught my attention. It was that half of it's body was withered. I dodged another his attack to the side. I felt a few drops of chaos energy in this monster.
    "Seems like it's th Biel's work..." I mumbled to myself. And I noticed another thing, it's that his movement speed and strength are reduced and even when I'm not using illusions I can evade it's attacks, but with some damage to myself.
    "Okay then I will use illusions to distract it. With this wound I have a chance to kill it." I used illusions to make him see me sometimes a little bit slower and sometimes a bit faster than I am. With this he often couldn't direct his attacks in a correct way. He even missed a few times, but not always even a wounded C-rank monster is still C-rank monster. It's far stronger than D-rank ones.

I dodged to the side another ten or so attacks and utilized illusions on full power.I distracted his senses of touch and smell so it can't use his senses properly. This lessened its battle efficiency and increased my chanses on winning. I slowly started to carefully cut off its vines. In this process I was hit a few more times but thanks for the remaining chaos energy in its body and its destructive effect its attacks weren't so strong. So I just recieved a few cuts and bruises. Finally after exhausting 11 min battle I was able to finally cut off its main stem. Green juice splashed every where and along with my ragged breathing monster gave his last breath and fell doen. I quickly cut off the remaining intact vines. After that I quickly went towards our guilds camp. Constantly using illusions to remain unnoticed. 35 mins later, after I returned to the camp I went towards medical tent to treat my wounds. Afterwards I tested the durability of gathered vines and was really satisfied with it. The were thick and tough but at the same time flexible enough to encircle it around someones neck.

Clown333, Zek, LittleFox21 and 8 others like this.
  8. Tang Tang

Tang Tang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After our wounds are healed, we are going back to the front line to help with evacuation of others elf folks.

Our squad and few of remaining soldiers are marching forward past the river whilst slaying monsters that we’ve meet. Our battle efficiency gone up since we don't have have villagers to protect like before. Until we reach at an empty village we saw Morian get defeated from afar. Then the monsters start to dissapering along with the death of Morian. Then we cleaned the monsters as much as we can. Until gradually we didn’t sees monsters anymore. Then we decided to loot what we can to the front line. By the time we arrived at the front line, almost all of the good part has been looted. But I managed to get some dragon skin, giant beetle hard shell, dragon blood, dragon meat, various monster cores (mainly rank-D), but the most thing I collect is the seemingly not valuable small fruits from Treant and elder treant that many people miss it. Of course I too will miss it if not Loto insist on picking it up.

We are patrolling around for a while just to make sure there’s no Morian minions that still hiding in this area so villager not attacked by incident after they come back to their home before we get back to the city again.

At the city, Guard Captain Eldire gave me our reward of fifty gold coins based on each adventurer ranks to simplify things down. Then I told him that I want to let Loto meet a treant protector if it possible because he grew up without ever seeing being guided by his kin. And I also told him our story briefly. After hearing our story and see Loto who act pitifully Guard Captain agreed to try ask his relatives for a chance to meet a treant protector.

The raid is at its end and guild master shadow came with his ships to pick us up back to our guild. But I choose to stay I oakenlake for now, there is some private business I tough I could do at here. So I left our squad and told Knight Leader to help me reporting to the guild while I not yet back to the guild. I said farewell to all squad members that we share sweat and blood in few day of raid and heading to Medic Camp to help healing the wounded.

A while later, Guard Captain Eldire that happen pass medic camp told me that he got a permission to take me to meet his relative.

At Eldire relavite house, I was introduced to him. His name is Erlathan Valdi, currently he is a knight that serve as protector of the treant. Then Erlathan told me that after hearing Eldire story about me and Loto he is desired to meet us. Especially he interested on Loto whom as far as he know it is very rare a treant forming a contract with being beside pure elf. From there on, our conversation proceeded smoothly and we got a chance to meet one of elder treant.

Zek, Razogul, Clown333 and 7 others like this.
  9. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    After Morian's collapse, my motivation hit an all time low. Sure, there were leftover monsters rampaging about, but the others probably handle it, probably.

Rather than that, perhaps I should spread the greatness of traps and gather a following of like-minded individuals, or maybe I create a monopoly on trap goods?

Returning to camp, just as I attracted my first few customers, Razer dragged me off. Apparently he didn't like my gift, sigh, I guess I'll give him that then. Looking pleased, he ran off. Well, back to my business then. Patting my sleeves I felt that it was slightly lighter than before, taking everything out, I finally noticed that it was missing.

An awesome image of Sin and Sio was missing. That image was perfect, the sun shining down, the grass swaying rhythmically under the breeze, and to top it all off, there was that rare heartfelt smile from Sio. That was going to be a great gift as well. I think I chucked it to Razer earlier along with that thing.

Heading towards the camp's HQ, "Oi! Staff-chan, I lost something. Can I borrow the announcer to make a public announcement?" (Ton)

"Sure, as long as it isn't one of your stupid pranks like last time." (Staff-chan)

"I assure you, this is something very important!" (Ton)

Shaking her head, Staff-chan brought me into a corner, "You got the stuff?" (Staff-chan)

I nodded and passed Staff-chan a couple of photos, "You got the gold?" (Ton)

Passing me a pouch of gold, "Does anyone else have these?" (Staff-chan)

Weighing the pouch in my palm, "These go straight to you, it doesn't look like you have much competition aside from a certain librarian and someone with a connection to your boss, not many people are romantically interested in a walking and talking suit of armour." (Ton)

Leading me towards the announcer, "That's fine, I just find him really manly." (Staff-chan)

Shrugging, "To each their own." (Ton)

"Here it is, go ahead." (Staff-chan)

Cough. (Ton)

Testing 1, 2, 3. Testing 1, 2, 3.

Oi Razer! Get back to me with that high quality image of Sio and Sin!

My voice echoed across the campsite, and the camp was suddenly filled with shocked gasps. Looking back at Staff-chan, I noticed her pale complexion.

"What's wrong?" (Ton)

"Please tell me exactly what you gave Razer..." (Staff-chan)

"A smiling image of Sin and Sio, why?" (Ton)

"There may be some misunderstandings due to your wording, please try again." (Staff-chan)

"Sure?" (Ton)

That image is a one of a kind image, it happened directly after Sin was entangled in those tentacle vines!

My voice once again echoed across the campsite, but this time the camp exploded with uncontrollable bloodlust. Looking back at Staff-chan, this time she was crouching on the floor with both palms to her face.

Patting her head, "Don't worry, I think Razer will get back to us in one piece." (Ton)

Looking directly at my face with a scared expression, "You did that on purpose?" (Staff-chan)

I smiled and tilted my head, "What on purpose?" (Ton)

Outside of the HQ, a chant can be heard throughout the campsite:

ERASE RAZER! ERASE RAZER! ERASE RAZER!

BlancFrost, Clown333, Zek and 11 others like this.
  10. Zek

Zek I write sins, not tragedies.

Reading List:
    Link
    The gear has shifted and tides have turned against the enemy of Adventurers, Morian's existence has finally been put to a conclusion.

After the ceaseless cycles of conflict, the men that did their best on bringing it down reveled under the glittering shine of moonlight, feasting and marrying as though there was not a fierce battle that just occurred.

However, Ruriha did not share the same sentiment. There was an acute throbbing pain that was coursing through his head, enough to make his consciousness fade. And yet, unpleasant enough to make him stay wide awake. He held the side of his head in anguish, as he wanders through the luscious bounds of the forest, where he ended up at the spot Morian has perished.

Ruriha looked at its lifeless carcass, eyes absent of light that indicated any signs of sentience.

In an instant, visions and images of foreign objects flowed in his mind, blanking him in the process. If he had to comment about those pictures, they were all blank. Rather, all he could see aside from one figure was a vast expanse of space. In the middle of the unceasing image going in and out, there was a man clad in jet-black, even darker than the vacuum, as if put an emphasis that it was there.

Finally, it stopped along with the headache.

Ruriha opened his eyes.

It all made sense now.

"...grand...father."

Ruriha circled the body of Morian, seemingly inspecting its body. And then, a notification rang out.

>>>>>> Congratulations! <<<<<<
    Ruler class has been successfully acquired!
    Class Requirement(s): Level Error
    Hidden Requirement(s): Error

You have gained Error experience points!
    False God Ruriha has leveled up from Error > Error, level limit of the system has been already exceeded, impossible to calculate!
    Level will be interpreted as the limit instead, 10^10^100.
    >>>>>>End<<<<<<​

Ruriha continued walking, and when he turned around, he saw a girl blankly looking at a scenery in the opposite direction Morian's corpse lied. He slowly approached the girl which seemed to be at an age of 14, and he asked:

"Who are you? And what are you doing here?"

The girl turned around, and solemnly replied:

"My name is Lillie, and I don't know the answer as to your last question."

"Huh, strange."

"And who are you?

Ruriha looked at the starry skies, then directed his gaze back to the girl once again after a short pause.

"I'm Charles."

Razogul, scriptor, nguuuquaaa and 5 others like this.
  11. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    Inside the tent, Razer is busy forging a card. A loud sound can be heard outside the tent, but Razer ignore it and focus on forging the card.

Finally!!! I finish forging all 3 SS-Rare Card! With this 3 card, plus all the other S-Rare card, I can make lots of gold! Muahahahaah!

When I go out, I can see the ruckus caused by other adventurer.

"Did you find him?"(XXX)

"Tch! Catch that guy! We can't let him hog that thing all by himself!"(XXX)

"Let's go search over there!"(XXX)

Dumbfounded by the situation, I approach one of the adventurer and ask him a question.

"Bro! What just happen?"(Razer)

Without turning back to look at me, the adventurer say,

"Ah?! Don't you heard the announcement just now? Never mind, we trying to search the guy name Razer."(XXX)

What the heck? Why all this guy searching for me? I better run away first and look into it later. I slowly back away from that man and suddenly,

*Crack!*(Sound of stepping on twig)

@#$%! Frekking Twig!!!!

I should find a way to learn ninja or thief class when I can.

All the adventurer look at my way, but I quickly throw a stun bomb that I still have left toward them, cast a wind move and quickly run away from that place.

"BOOM!!!!!!!!"(Sound of Stun bomb)

A sound of curse can be heard, but I don't care and try to quickly leave camp B and proceed to Camp A to go to the teleport gates.

"THAT'S RAZER!!!!"(XXX)

"GET THAT PERVERT!!!!"(XXX)

WHO'S PERVERT?!!!! This group is so fast! Why the heck are they chasing me?

An arrow pass by the left side of my face. WTF? Crowen you freak! You try to take revenge because of the orb just now?

I can see Monti, and he also noticed me, but he quickly run away from different direction, abandoning me! Some friend you are!!!

This time, fire ball pass by my side!

"I can smell chocolate on your body! Give it to me!!"(Choco)

Why the heck are you chasing me for chocolate right now? Chase me another time you dork!

We pass a group of adventurer carrying fainted little girl on the stretcher... Takako...Ignore her, ignored her....

"Ah!!! Look Guild Master Airship!!!"(Razer)

"Don't lie!" Guild Master is still at the Oakenlake Kingdom!"(XXX)

Damn! I don't need you guys to stay sharp at this time!

We run past the HQ and I can see Ton outside the HQ.

"Ah Razer! You finally arrived! Wait, where are you going?"(Ton)

I run pass by Ton, and she quickly chased after me.

"What do you want Ton? No more importantly, why the heck this groups chasing me?"(Razer)

"How should I know? Btw, give me back the picture of Sin and Sio that I accidentally give you just now."(Ton)

"What picture?"(Razer)

"Don't you heard the announcement that I make few minutes ago? It's the picture of Sin and Sio after Sin got entangled by those tentacle vines. I make loud announcement for all people in the camp to heard."(Ton)

That was it?!!!! That was the freaking reason I'm being chased right now??? You damn Ton!!!

"Give us those picture!!! What the heck?! Don't block me! Those who block me, DIE!!!!"(Razogul)

What the heck is that samurai problem? Calm down. I can solved this easily. There is always an easy out for every problem in this world. Push the problems to other people.

"AHH!!!! It's BIEL!!!"(Razer)

With that one scream, all adventurer instantly stop and look around in fear. Who don't know Biel prowess inside the guild.

"Hey, that's a lie! There's no Biel around!"(XXX)

Ton and I stop in front all of the adventurer. First thing first, is to calm down all the adventurer, no matter what it takes, take control of the momentum.

"I have just learnt sub-class Cardsmith last night!!!"(Razer)

"So what?!!! We don't care about that! Give me the picture!"(Razogul)

"Tch! You guys don't understand. With my cardsmith ability, I can produce this card anytime I want, and I can freely distribute it to all adventurer in this place right now."(Razer)

"OHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"(OTHER ADVENTURER)

"I'm not interest! Give me chocolate!"(Choco)

"Tch! Of course I have card for summoning chocolate."(Razer)

"Ok, then!"(Choco)

After a few hours later...

Damn! I was tired of making all those SS-RARE card, now I need to forge another 100 of them. My mana is spent, and Ton run away happily while taking back Sin and Sio photo.

Happy Ending?

OOC 1: At first it was 781 word. My first story exceed 750 word!!! I have to reduce it until 744 word.
    OOC 2: Finally, here's the SS-RARE CARD that I finally finish forging! Can't say it's perfect. I'm just getting lazier.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  12. Kroenen

Kroenen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Creeping barrage is usually done as a screening tactic for the infantry’s advance. Bombarding the enemy line and slowly incrementing it as the infantry advances towards them while the target area moves deeper inside the enemy lines. It was first done during the first Great War, the lack of communication at the time resulted in death by their own artillery fire. Kroenen thinks that they’ve come a long way from that, watching as a line of explosions on the remaining enemies behave in a manner that he intended was enough proof for that.

He stood there now uninterested on the outcome of the fight as there isn’t much the enemy could do since the announcement of their leader’s demise and the massacre of the big ones that he help orchestrated, he quickly assess the airship and its non-human occupants.

Clockwork and steam though there’s much more to it, a different means of power generation, something different from combustion engines and electric motors that were used from where he came from. Kroenen also dwell about how the floating city which was the headquarters of the guild works, it was a marvel of engineering he thought. In understanding the technological paradigm that this world runs on will permit him to create ones of his own, supplement his understanding and modify machineries to suit the resources he have at his disposal, create better than what the greatest minds can achieve back home.

Despite his disinterest in the progress of the fight he was still diligently doing his job. Observing the spread patterns of the bombardment using his binoculars, communicating what should be adjusted or if there should be changes in the firing solution. Kroenen still do what must be done.

He did wonder though if the merit he has amassed in this mission is enough for the guild to provide him with incentives he might request for. During his arrival at the floating city he happened across the information that the guild’s got a working teleportation gates, they were successful in making it work when it was still in the experimental phase despite the brightest mind of the Fourth Reich’s efforts, he wonders if he could get permission connect it to ‘that’ place. If he could then transporting the items from there would be easier. Another possibility is if he could obtain a means to power that place up, being disconnected to the dam that it gets its electricity from renders a lot of the facilities and equipment inside it useless, Kroenen used the last hurrah of the generator that serve as a backup to power the machining tool he needed to make his guns and its ammunition. A lot of the juice of those backup generators was used up during the ensuing firefight to clear that facility.

A man in black stood there watching as the remnant of the enemy forces were driven back. Inside his head was possibilities and schematics for things he’s planning on building, things he’ll need to satisfy that frenzied craftsman inside him.

Clown333, Razogul, Tang Tang and 6 others like this.
  13. seriouslynope

seriouslynope [Armoured Madman][Ninja Hobo of War]

Reading List:
    Link
    Blocking a big spider's fang with a shield while simultaneously countering with a thrust to the underside of its abdomen, I started barking out orders.

"Archers, keep the fliers off our ass while we form up! Shieldsman and spearman on the front with me!"

They did as they were told, the breathing room the archers provide us was used to shore up the front lines, now that the battle lines are defined we could decrease casualty.

The merciless bombardment was able to kill off all of the big ones, with them out of the way we can start to push back.

"Second line spearmen, use the gaps to reach around us and attack! Send men to the left flank they need more over there!"

We're pushing them back. A horned beetle tried to plow through the formation, the archers soften him up enough that we of the first line stopped it dead on its tracks.

"Hold! This is as far as we go, archers on the walls can't effectively support us beyond this point so we'll hold them off here. Shields front and up, protect the one beside you, do that and you protect the ones at the back as well. Mages at the back concentrate on the treants, archers deal with fliers and chargers!"

A few hours of fighting ensued, it was frenzied but with a clearly defined front line the casualties on our side was minimal. We stood there and watched as the remnants skittered back to the deep forest, once it was clear that the enemies have finally retreated we started clearing up the corpses.

Clown333, Razogul, fuzor100 and 7 others like this.
  14. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    The battle was long and dreadful. Many have fallen and their corpses have littered the ground, painting the once green forest into a painting of utter destruction. There is almost no trace of the preciously luscious Rainforest Vale. Only remains of horrible battles and death can be found there.

In the end, the Guild emerged victorious. The giant beast, Morian, has been defeated. His monsters have either been slain by the adventurers or retreated and disappeared into the rainforest. The rainforest, now clear of any Morian’s corrupted influence, will somehow turned those monsters’ mind back to their original condition and will no longer attack the surrounding area.

With the loss of Morian, Rainforest Vale has lost its guardian. Although the Nature Avatar, Reachii Shiki, has taken control of the domain of the mighty beast, there is still a need for a constant guardian that will monitor, manage, and control the condition of the whole rainforest. Thankfully there is a suitable candidate. And that is Gen, the descendant of Morian that the beast has imprisoned but rescued by Guild upper tier member not long ago. Together with his wife, Chidna, and their child, the three has taken the position as the Rainforest Guardian with the help of the Guild. They are put into that post with, of course, agreement of mutual alliance between them and the Guild. He will immediately tell the Guild if there is anything wrong around the rainforest and giving guidance and protection to any member that is taking some mission inside the rainforest.

The victory won by the Guild is not a cheap one. The majority of the Lizardmen corps that is assigned with the Mana Cannon has been decimated with only a few handfuls of them left. The human puppets that were armed with Mana Shooter have also been reduced to only a third. A few of the Guild owned airship has been destroyed too. A lot of the adventurer have been wounded and injured, while some has also died bravely in the battlefield. Overall, it is a very costly war and it left the Guild the need to recuperate.

Sadly, the Guild is not the only one that has to bear some damage. Oakenlake Kingdom, the one kingdom that is next to the rainforest, also suffered tremendous damage. The last day of the battle alone has ravaged quite a lot of the surrounding villages. And they have also been attacked constantly by the monster army far before the great battle between Morian and the Guild. So the news that Morian has been defeated and the corruption of the whole rainforest has vanished is a very good news for them.

Although the Kingdom still wanted to avoid to rejoin the alliance, the fact that Guild has been able to deal with Morian and his army of monsters have made them rethink about their decision. For now, they still stay with a non-aggression pact against the Guild. The Guild approve of that decision and instead just asked them to increase their trade activities and the permit to open some business inside the kingdom’s domain, which was accepted. It was not known whether they accepted that due to the improving relationship or due to fear of being attacked by said organization that managed to kill such mighty beast. Only the king and his council know the truth.

In the end, the battle of Rainforest Vale has ended with victory to the Guild and even as this announcement is being written, progress of repairing the rainforest has started by the new guardian, Gen. The Oakenlake Kingdom too has also started to repair the damage they have received from all those attacks from the monster army. The Guild too also needs some time to recuperate from the terrible battle. That is all. Have a nice day, everyone.

Signed,

Shadow, the Guildmaster

P.S.
    Your reward will be announced shortly after this.

===-------------------------------===
    !!-RAID IS CLOSED-!!

BlancFrost, FuRen, Zek and 16 others like this.
  15. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    A large stage was set in the largest village of Oakenlake Kingdom. Lighting crystals decorate the stage, making the already grand stage even grander. A lot of stalls encircled the perimeter of the stage. Each stall had different wares to sell. From simple fresh fruits to exotic dishes, from wooden carvings to expensive jewelry, from bronze weapons to intricate weapons. You name it, they have it.

The collective sound of the crowd that has gathered around the stage filled the air with a feeling of excitement and festivity. The crowd itself was a mix of adventurers, villagers and guild staff. Even some nobility were present, their curiosity of the event captured by the strange Adventurer Guild which drew them in.

Then all of a sudden the light crystals started to turn off one by one from the edge to the center of the stage. That occurrence startled the crowd to the extent that the chattering sound subsided almost immediately. The light kept turning off until only a single lighting crystal shined in the very middle of the stage. It flickered slowly until it died down, making the whole area dark.

But then a bright flash appeared in the middle of the stage. Some covered their eyes while the adventurers and the guild staff turned vigilant.

“Stand down! Relax, would ya?” A booming voice resounded in the whole area, as a figure appeared in the center of the stage.

The figure is dressed in a dark and heavy trench coat, but unlike the usual outfit this outfit was a lot cleaner. It was none other than their Guildmaster, Shadow. Realizing the identity of the figure, they all calmed down. The tense atmosphere relaxed immediately.

“Now that I have your attention, let me say a few things.” He spread his arms, making a rather loud flapping sound due to his heavy outfit. “My fellow adventurers, Guild staff, and also the people of Oakenlake Kingdom! Welcome to our festival!”

A loud cheer erupted when he said that. Of course, most of the cheers came from the loud adventurers and the guild staff. But that didn't mean there were no villagers or nobility that echoed the cheer.

“Now, I know that we have been through a lot. We have just come out of a great battle. We have lost a lot of our brethren in that great battle. But their sacrifice is not a waste! We have won! We have come out victorious!” Another loud cheer came as the crowd responds to that statement.

“I also know that we are in the middle of rebuilding the area. You have done so much, you know? The wall that has been damaged started to show shape. The houses and buildings that have been destroyed now have been rebuilt. And the supply has been stabilized each day. Give yourself a pat on the back and a loud round of applause for your hard work, ladies and gentlemen!” The sound of cheers and applause filled the air after those words.

“But I say that is not enough. You all deserve a reward. You all deserve…A FESTIVAL!!! A GRAND ONE!!!” Once again, a loud cheer resounded in the area. Hearing that, Shadow looked around them with a pleased expression.

“Now, now, settle down, settle down, you lot. Hear me out before we can start our fun time. As you can see we have a lot of stalls set up around the area,” said Shadow as he gestured toward the lines after lines of stalls. “There are merchants from all over the land that are eager to sell their wares, please take a look at their goods and I hope that you find something to buy. And not only that, we also have a lot of food stall here and there. Exotic dishes and snacks are gathered in the one place. They are not free, mind you. But I can guarantee that they are good and worth the price. Now how do I know that you might ask? Well, yours truly have sampled them all. Hahahaha~!” This time, a mix of cheers and laughter filled the area from the Guildmasters' words.

“Everyone, for tonight only let’s enjoy our time. Let’s honor the ones that have lost their lives to protect us. Let’s give them a smile from the bottom of our heart. Eat, drink, and be merry! Let the festival commence~!”

Announcement! Current condition!
    • This is a non-battle oriented raid, meaning that there is no fighting or troublemaking allowed. Friendly banter is allowed, but don’t disturb the other players in their story.
    • There is food and merchandise stalls that sell unique stuff and dishes, but there are no extraordinary items there. They are just something you can buy as normal people.
    • You can spend gold, but you don’t have to specify the exact amount of them.
    • Do try to go in pairs or more. In fact, we encourage you to do that.
    • There will be some events announced every one or two days depending on the situation. But they are mostly just for fun.
    • There will be a reward in the end for some lucky member.
    • The mini-event quest is no longer available, but you can still submit your report as long as this raid is still open.
    !!-RAID (FESTIVAL) IS OPEN-!!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  16. Balthazzar

Balthazzar 『Reformed Member of NuF Society』

Reading List:
    Link
    I perked up at the thought of some big event going on in the guild. After all, there should be something fun to do there, right? Some monsters to kill or something.... right? Unfortnately, it was just a festival. A FESTIVAL! No fighting or killing or any of that stuff. Which, in a way, is good since some of the members looked like they needed breaks, but such peaceful matters aren't something that I specialise well in. To be completely honest, any matter that isn't related to some kind of physical activity was quite boring.

It doesn't mean that they're hard, but well, you get what I'm saying. I suppose I could get drunk now. Find out what exactly all the hoop-lah is about, but drinking messes up your mindset and I don't really want to go around and start swingin' a sword at groups of kids do I? Even if the little shits deserved it. Also, is it just me or did I become more.... open as of late? Who knows. What to do, what to do..... Let's go get drunk in the empty tavern and wave my sword at a wall. That seems nice.
    [OOC] *shrug* If someone wants to pull me out of the tavern, go ahead.... you have my consent to do what you want with my intoxicated character unless it's perverse or ends up in death.... or anything close to death. If you want permission for any perverse actions (You sick motherfuck*rs) Notify me first though, kay?

Kysil, fuzor100, Nurman and 1 other person like this.
  17. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Happiness sweeps across the village as the festivities commence. The buzzing of many people speaking at once as they exclaim at the various wares and sights on offer, creates an exciting atmosphere. Individuals can be seen jostling for the best position to view this incredible away of stalls. It had been too long since such an relaxed atmosphere was present in Oakenlake. This festival to celebrate the completion of the reconstruction would be the start of a new period. A period which puts the past to rest and looks towards the future.

The smell of sweets, freshly cut fruits and sweets fill the air.

"Ah~ sweets and fruits were such a good combination." Blanc exclaims as she moves from one stall to the other. "I can't choose which ones to eat first~!"

She looks back towards the stage and decides to go closer to investigate the lighting instead. Pushing through the crowd still gathered there, she stares up and tilts her head.

"Hmm, I wonder if there are sweets that look like that light...wait I know ~! I will go find some blueberries~ Might as well start with something healthy and make my way up to the sweets."

Turning around and pushing through the crowd again she goes towards a stall. The stall had a sign that read: "The freshest and juiciest fruits in all the lands! You won't regret buying them!"

"I am dubious about this sign..."

Hearing her statement the merchant leaned over and hastily correct the potential client,"Miss our fruits really are the best, here have some samples and try! I can guarantee you won't regret it!"

The merchant quickly cuts open some melon and sticks a toothpick in it before handing it over.

"..."

*crunch*

"mm there are delicious, do you have blueberries?"

"Ah yes here!" He carefully washes some blueberries before handing them over.

Blanc pops one into her mouth and savours the taste. "Ah this is just what I need, I would like three boxes of your blueberries thanks."

Relieved the merchant turns around and picks up three containers of blueberries and ties them together with string. "That will be 3 gold thankyou miss."

"Only 3? Um alright then." Blanc hands over the correct amount of money and walks off.

As she continues to look at the other stalls again in more detail, Blanc suddenly remembers what she was going to say back at the fruit stall.

"The pictures of the fruit on sale were not cute at all. They looked nothing like fruit...only a bunch of straight lines...the merchant was rather nice though. Samples are always the best~ fufufu~"

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  18. TheOneTrueApex

TheOneTrueApex Illegitimate Young Master|Sadistic Male Lead|Laozi

Reading List:
    Link
    "... Eat, drink, and be merry! Let the festival commence~!”"

As those words left the Guildmaster, Shadow's, mouth, the Festival had officially begun. All around, there were stalls that sold various merchandise, delicacies, and even games. Such a festive atmosphere provided a stark contrast to the heavy and tense air that previously hung over the kingdom.

Within the crowd was a man clad in a pitch-black leather longcoat with his hood pulled up and his face fully concealed by a bone-white. skull shaped mask. This man is Elias. Beside him was a woman decked in leather armor; around her was a stern, proud aura that can be normally found in a soldier. This woman is Chambui. Elias, having been never that fond nor accustomed to festivities really didn't plan to participate in this festival; however, as he had heard that Chambui had never been to one, he opted to take her to one right now. Looking at her, it seemed that it was the right decision as she was curiously looking around the stalls and taking in the sights and atmosphere of the festival. To prevent her from being lost in the crowd, he grasped her hand and moved close to her ear as he spoke:

"Which one would you want to try out first?"

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  19. Kuma Desu

Kuma Desu Holy Architect | Defender of Children | Clozdark's

Reading List:
    Link
    “Everyone, for tonight only let’s enjoy our time. Let’s honor the ones that have lost their lives to protect us. Let’s give them a smile from the bottom of our heart. Eat, drink, and be merry! Let the festival commence~!”
    As soon as the Guildmaster said that, a small grin bloomed on my face while the rest of the people cheered lightly. The Festival had begun and, though I was in a quite sour mood, this was enough to liven me up.
    “This Festival looks like fun.”
    I unconsciously let out a comment and Maligno quickly added with a devious smile.
    “Although your clothes are not that proper for it...”
    “S-shut it, I don’t want to hear that from you!”
    I looked back at him and sighed. He was wearing clothes that resembled a commoner's ones and a long black cloak given to him by the Guildmaster.
    Although I said this, his clothes are more or less proper for this kind of thing. At least better than mine, that were my only clothes brought from home. I should have bought new ones here, but Maligno's clothes dried up my savings.
    "Anyway, let's enjoy this~!"
    "Aye~!"
    My money is not that much... and I don't think I should be spending it right now, but... who cares? Let's enjoy for now. Later I'll solve this. I thought while going to the stalls to see what I could find.
    Buying a bunch of fruits, I sat on a place nearby together with Maligno to eat and watch the festivities unfold.

nguuuquaaa, Kysil, fuzor100 and 5 others like this.
  20. Zypher

Zypher Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The festival was already in full swing when we arrived. The foods and drinks just keeps coming. The booze was instantly refilled, the table was always full of mouth-watering dishes. There are already lots of people dancing, singing, eating or doing something crazy. Truly, the Guild is full of eccentric people.

However the festive mood just makes me more uncomfortable, not knowing which people are threats. I quietly moved towards a dark corner observing the others, it's no good if I'm caught off guard. The people here -

I was suddenly interrupted by a hand in my shoulder. My blade was already halfway out of its sheathe when I heard a familiar voice.

"Loosen *hic* up a little will *hic* ya," Four whispered, "it's a party *hic* learn to have some fun *hic*.."

A~and she's drunk. I should have known. Four is very weak to alcohol but she loves to drink. We arrived at the same time and somehow she have managed to get drunk at that short period of time.

"We're *hic* no longer at that *hic* place," she continued, "so please *hic* try to have a normal life *hic* just once..."

Even drunk she's still able to give some good advice. Truly, the mind of an 'Onee-sama' is not to be underestimated.

"It's never wrong to be cautious," I replied. The list of people who died due to complacency is already too long and I'm not interested in adding my name to that list. Caution is a necessity in this world. "Besides, you'll never know when you'll be attacked..."

At my words, her entire demeanor suddenly changed from a drunk air-headed Onee-san to a calm and serious Onee-sama.

"Look around you Seven," she said as she gestures to the others, "you have already spent more than a month with these people. You have shed sweat, blood and tears with them. And you say you cannot trust them? Listen Seven, not everyone is the same as 'them' so learn to open up once more. Trust in them, trust in your comrades... Trust in me who trusts in them..."

Her resolute words resonated deep within me. I have closed my heart ever since 'their' betrayal, never letting anyone else in. Truthfully, 'that' incident left a deep scar within me. My most trusted 'sister' have betrayed me, leaving me for the wolves.

'It's just being cautious. It's just being ready. It's necessary so that I won't be betrayed once more.' I tried to reason to myself. I'm not wrong right?
    RIGHT?
    How long since I have really connected with someone other than my partner? How long was it since I have really connected with others?

Looking at the happy and carefree faces of my guildmates, something warm welled within my chest. I couldn't help but feel this wonderful sensation. It was then I realized, I longed for this warmth once more. The warmth I felt at the 'Family' returned.

Maybe...

Maybe..

Maybe I can give them a chance... After all they deserve it, right?

I gave a quiet thanks to Four. Honestly, she always knows what to say. She always knows what I was worrying about. She always knows my problems. Are woman really psychic?

It's about time I left the shadows and join the light once more.

I walked out of the corner with slow steps, joining my guildmates in the festivities. No, they're not guildmates, they're my comrades... My freinds... My new Family...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.