Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Raid Arena

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: After saying I'm not writing it, I gathered my courage to write my fifth log. Here goes~~

——————————————————
    Some time around other adventurers are starting to get brainwashed...

I woke up from a nightmare while resting in Miss Medic's Station.

"Why...why did I dream of that again?"

It was a time in the past I wanted to forget — the day our village was obliterated.

I heard from Miss Medic and the other staff about what happened outside. The offense team is being controlled by the enemy.

"I knew there was something going on! I need to get out there, or else..." (Moon)

The moment I said that, an oppressive feeling entered my mind. I acted right away while I'm still able to control myself. While gripping the Peculiar Stone in my hands...

"No one come near me!" (Moon)

"You...you're also being affected by Mind Magic?" (Miss Medic)

"I need someone to aim Shock at my nape! Hurry! Agggghhhh!!!" (Moon)

"Moon!" (Miss Medic)

I knelt due to the pain that struck me for going against the magic.

"No! I was training! Training hard for this day! That day I swore to endure anything so that...so that it'll never happen again!" (Moon)

I smelled a fragrance that seems to be from an incense. The pain immediately disappeared and I'm able to control my body again. I took this opportunity as I remembered something that I need before the incense wears off.

"Moon! Where are you going?!" (Moon Medic)

"To the mess hall! I need something from there!!" (Moon)

It seems Kynn-san is lively as ever. I just kept running as it's unlikely that I'll be hit by those fireballs. There's some small flames from his previous fireballs here and there which I used them to burn the bandages on my body.

×××​

Arriving at the mess hall, I did not bother to look for my goal and shouted,

"Arlence-sama!! Are you here? I need a Tonic! I'll also need a Stamina Up!" (Moon)

I chugged down the Tonic that was given to me. I got the feeling that my skills are usable again. I was going to chug down the Stamina Up when my vision became dizzy and I felt a falling sensation.

Unknown Curse has been lifted.
    Your natural abilities that has been restricted will resurface.
    The resistance of the curse caused to weaken your skills.
    Wh-what is this? Unknown Curse? Is this why no matter how I tried I couldn't learn some skills? And my skills are weakened?!

When my vision went back I found myself lying down on the floor. It seems that I fainted.

I remembered the message and checked my skills. Most are reverted to lowest level, while 「Dishwashing」changed from IV to III. I acquired new skills and that skill* is replaced by another which increases my abilities by at least 10% without absurd penalties.

"It sucks that my power was eaten up but I'm glad I could learn skills on my own now!" (Moon)

"It's the bell! That means the Elemental is up!" (Moon)

Moon exited the mess hall and dashed towards the battlefield where there's a huge chunk of ice floating.

×××​

"Nice work Arlence-sama! This makes things a lot easier!

Moon didn't waste any second as he immediately aimed for the immobile monsters.

"I guess I should take this chance to level my skills. 「Pierce」!!"

He moved throughout the battlefield along with other adventurers aiming the remaining Snow Goblins and Mountain Wolves. The smile plastered in his face tells that he's enjoying this so much. ((OOC: Well of course. They made him feel so much pain.))

"Small fries - DONE!! Time for the main event! 「Overboost」!!" (Moon)

He said as he headed where the Elementals are.

——————————————————
    > acquired 1 Stamina Up ((freebie huehuehue))
    > learned「Swordsmanship」
    > learned「Dagger Wielding」
    > learned「Magic Operation」
    > learned「Overboost」

*It refers to「???」, the skill Moon used to beat the monster's pincer group earlier...or yesterday?

OOC: wanna add more but I feel like it'll be past the word limit. Referenced @Kysil and @scriptor

edit: forgot to add item/skill changes that wasn't directly mentioned

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  2. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    PoV - Tene​

With methodical movements, I swiftly bandage the hurt adventurers, apply salves, and make those with great pain take narcotics. I'm only here to give treatment to those that can't be healed with magic yet, but we have a lot of injured people, so I'm constantly busy.

That's normal in a fight. Due to this, I dislike fights. But sometimes, violence is necessary.

Luckily, the battle seems to have mostly calmed down, so I think that there won't be a need for me much longer. I've been working constantly since the start of the battle, luckily I don't need to rest.

I treat one more person and notice that there are no other patients remaining. That's a good sign, time for my first break in hours. I stand up and stretch, then walk around the camp, observing the current state of the battle.

Suddenly, I hear the faint sound of someone crying. Did someone get hurt? I hurry towards the sound and soon reach a small campsite. There, I see a girl crying beneath a table and another trying to comfort her.

I approach slowly, but in a way that they would notice me. Then, after arriving, I sit down next to them. It's important to not look down on others while talking to them, literally.

I first address the crying girl, changing my usually expressionless face into one filled with worry, but a comforting smile. "Don't worry, you're safe here. I'm sure something painful happened to you, but all of us are willing to help you, you just have to tell us. I'm willing to listen to you."

Then, to the girl with amber eyes, I speak in an encouraging tone. "And you have done well. I'm proud of you, and I'm sure your parents will be proud too when hearing of this."

I continue to sit there and comfort the crying girl, encouraging the girl with amber eyes to help.

OOC: @Nurman @scriptor I hope this will do, pancakes are life.

Crau, Kuma Desu, fuzor100 and 4 others like this.
  3. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    "This is much easier now."
    Hubo dodged a blast from a ice elemental, before dashing towards it and spreading its essence into the cold snow.
    The bell had worked wonders, and all the monsters had been heavily weakened to the point where it was simply childsplay to defeat them at this point.
    Don't even mention the poor goblins, even the ice elementals and wolves were very easy prey at this point.
    As he bashed aside a wolf with ease, a fireball zoomed passed him, hitting another ice elemental at the sides.
    "Thanks for the aid!"
    The group was fighting in a very basic formation, it was nothing sophisticated and awe inspiring, but it worked, none got shot by their own sides firepower, and the efficiency of clearing the remaining monsters was drastically increased.
    "Ice Golem!"
    "Hahah, no worries, its barely a threat to us now!"
    And indeed it was. In a short spate of a minute, the poor ice golem was pretty much melted to the ground, until a 'merciful' adventurer ended it with one good strike to the core.
    As they continued on another being approached appeared.
    It was another greater ice elemental, a beast that could single handedly smash a group into the ground.
    But the adventurers weren't this afraid this time.
    "Hahah, isn't it just a greater ice elemental? With our numbers and the bell, this is childs play."
    "Charge!"
    And the adventurers started battling the greater elemental.
    The adventurers had a fairly easy time against it, although the greater ice elemental still put up some fierce resistant, bolts of ice and blasts of cold fired everywhere.
    "This is taking longer than expected..."
    "Well, it IS a B rank by right, no way that the thing won't still put up a fierce resistance despite being severely weakened."
    "Doesn't matter, it's just a matter of ti-
    ROAR
    THUD
    The adventurers were suddenly greeted with the sight of the greater ice elemental being locked down on the ground.
    It appeared to be confused and bewilded as it attempted moving to no avail.
    "What's happening to it?"
    "Its locked down to the ground all of a sudden.."
    "Hey, anyone feel...stronger?"
    "I feel better..."
    "My minor cuts seem to be healing up.."
    "It must be a buff from someone."
    The adventurers were excited at the extra aid they recieved.
    "Now's not the time! The elemental is immobile! Kill it!"
    "Gotta take the chance quickly!"
    The adventurers then, recognising the resistriction of the elemental as a advantage, immediately started beating it down before it could react.
    Despite being trapped and weakened, the elemental could still pose a great threat.
    And it did.
    Before the adventurers could truly finish the elemental for once and for all, it went berserk.
    The area around it started to churn with ice and snow, the degrees in the region dropping by the second.
    "GAH!"
    "It's-It's free-freezing!"
    "How could it be so powerful even when weakened?"
    The adventurers were not prepared and the storm managed to deal a punch in the gut to the group.
    "Fire! We need fire!"
    Hubo yelled to the mages behind.
    And they obliged.
    Soon, a massive firestorm flew from the mages toward the greater elemental's own icestorm.
    As the two impacted, a gust of steam spread through the area.
    No side had won out in the battle of the elements, but the elemental was now wide open for the picking
    "Finish it!"
    And then every melee combatant rose up to the task, finally crushing the elemental with heavy blows, sending it on a one-way trip back to mother nature

Greater Ice Elemental -Retired!

4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    This was... Unbelievable... What are those... Monsters?

It understood the difference, those things in front of it were not flies, they were not humans, they were simply monsters, its masters plan never had a chance of success, to think such monsters existed in here.

But it could not die, letting itself die would have far bigger repercussions than a simple failure in a plan. It knew its own importance in existence, even if there were others like it, a lack of a primordial would bring chaos, it could not allow itself to die.

It felt its mind clear up, there was no longer rage in it, it understood, its own feelings were controlled by its master, because it knew that it should not involve itself, and yet it entered the battle.

That didn't matter anymore though, it had a job to do, it had a contract, and it had to accomplish it, at least until its master was no longer biding it to its contract.

And so, it will do its job, it cannot kill its prey, but it can stall it, long enough to let it all be over.

It started to freeze, to freeze itself and that which was close to it, it knew it could not freeze those, but it did not matter, what was being frozen, was the very flow of time itself, let them think they are resisting the freeze, it is only stalling, to assure the monsters don't reach its masters, and it accomplishes its job, without losing its own self.

Slowly and unnoticeably, it started spreading itself, entering others like it, making them stronger, it knew its main body would be done in due time, so it wanted to at least preserve a part of itself in others. It would not die, not yet at least.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) The very flow of time surrounding the elemental started to freeze in place, those too close to it shouldn't perceive its occurrence, but those outside should avoid getting too close.
    2) As the big elemental split itself up on the beings around it, the amount of C-B rank elementals and golems increased, be careful.
    3) Until further notice, the big elemental should be focusing solely on keeping Scriptor and Gus busy enough to not let them notice that the flow of time is freezing, so it should not be a big threat to surrounding adventurers.
    4) Scriptor's buffs/nerfs should lose effectiveness due to taking more time to reach the battlefield with the difference in time flow.

... I kinda feel bad for putting too much strength on the boss and asking Scri-chan to intervene... So much to make an interesting boss... Oh well, there are some big strong Ice Golems and Greater Ice Elementals more readily available now and their goal is to stop everyone from reaching the mines, so do your best! *waves*

Clown333, Kuma Desu, fuzor100 and 9 others like this.
  5. platys51

platys51 Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    I woke up. Looking around, all I could see is a white color. There is no pain... " Am I really dead? " Was first thing that came to my mind.

No. I'm alive. Or underworld issues hospital bed to every new citizen. Did I get to camp? Probably not on my own. I remember nothing after I defeated my last opponent.

" What the hell?! Stay down! You should be dead now! " Someone shouted as I tried to stand up.

Noisy... It came from behind. I wonder who is it? Enemy? Doctor?

Hand grabbed my shoulder and pushed me down. He must be strong. I couldn't resist at all.

It took a while to focus enough to look at person standing behind me. It is a doctor. My head is spinning way too much. Why is it? My mind was clear during my last fight. And I was definitely in much worse state than I'm in now. At least I hope. I mean, there is no blood around here right now.

" Whats going on? "

I have no idea how battle progressed. I only saw a small piece of the battlefield.

" You are stabilized. All of your wound were shut, but not repaired. Please wait for healer capable of healing you to arrive. "

Oh, that would explain why am I so weak. But still, why must I feel it now? I felt nothing during the fight.

" No, I meant outside. "

He didn't answer my question at all.

" That's of no concern to you. "

What a useless answer...

" It is. Tell me. "

" Sigh. We are winning. Higher levels fight boss and lower are just cleaning up right now. "

Boss? Some kind of general? Those are usually powerful. I want to see. Just what kind of power this world possess. Let's go watch.

" If you move, you will die. "

Stop doing that... Without turning around, I told him. " If you prevent me from going, I will kill myself. "

Silence. It seems to be effective.

Now then. Show me what kind of beings inhabit this world.

6. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a small celebration as the greater ice elemental final collapsed for good.
    "We did it! We did it! We can fight these bastards!"
    "Lets continue fighting!"
    Encouraged and moralised by the victory over such a strong foe, the group marched on, slaying the monsters in the area.
    "Strange, it seems the enemies are being restricted by some of mysterious force.
    Hubo was very perplexed as he slew his fifth trapped wolf of the day.
    "Huh well-"
    ROAR
    The abrupt roar then sent a chill down
    Suddenly a ice golem charged at them!
    It was a very sluggish charge, but the force behind it was still not to be underestimated.
    "What-"
    The adventurers were rather shocked by the sudden charge, especially after they had gone for so long without seeing a mobile opponent.
    DUN DUN DUN
    Paniked, adventurers started blasting the golem with EVERYTHING they had.
    Fireballs, mana bolts, bolts, arrows, daggers, old shoes, you name it, they had it.
    Eventually the ice golem got plain overwhelmed by the wave of attacks, and collapsed.
    That did use up some of their energy, although the buff still did make up for it.
    "Huff, huff...that was unexpected."
    "We should be more careful now..."
    And the group moved on with their 'cleaning'...

7. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    PoV - Sentina​

**** yeah, that ***hole is dead! I hope that thing suffered. That's what you get for making me fall down, *****! Now, better calm down and kill those lesser elementals. The more the better.

After a few deep breaths, I recover enough for basic combat. Full of energy and motivated from having seen the greater elemental die, I gather negative energy in my hand and cast the spell Negative Cataclysm. Big name, normal effect. A grenade of misfortune and negative energy.

I notice a lesser elemental moving and toss the spell, that unstable ball of negative energy, and watch it blast that elemental apart, scorching the area and cursing it with bad luck. I'm gonna avoid that place for the next few hours, don't want to trip again.

Oh, another lesser elemental. I gather negative energy again and also blast this one apart. They really are extremely weak right now.

What's over there? I toss another NC (short form for Negative Cataclysm). Yeah, that was another lesser elemental.

From my right, a goblin charges at me. There still are goblins alive? I just take out a hatchet and throw it at the goblin with a wide swing, hitting its chest. Probably hit the lung or something. The goblin collapses and I continue systematically searching for weak enemies and killing them. Be it with hatchets, curses, poison, or even Wu Xing.

I'm good at killing weak enemies. In case I ever notice a strong enemy, I just run away.

8. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    In the middle of the dwindling horde, I was skinning my third yeti. Yes, I was being rather opportunistic at the moment. With such beautiful, thick fur, I just couldn't help myself. This would be good material for a coat or plain winter clothes. Ignoring the monster's ferocious face, everything else looked like top grade material.

Of course, I did the same with the wolves. It turned out to be good haul. The knife I used to skin them was one I randomly picked up earlier. An adventurer might have dropped it and when I noticed how sharp it was, I had proceeded with the skinning of the animals.

Some people looked at me horrified but I ignored them. Growing up to be taught to take advantage of whatever came my way, I had no room to feel awkward doing what I was doing. Besides, I was only taking what I could use for myself and one other person. It would do me no good to be greedy.

The fur skins I had taken for myself needed to be processed properly and I was wondering when I would have the time to do it. I still had to go to the Great Plains to gather some nectar for a quest. Thinking about such plain activity, I snorted in derision. To actually come back to such a mundane task felt a little lackluster after going through this raid.

Looking around at the mess that surrounded me, I rethought my idea about the quest. I think a little mundane would do me well. Finishing up with this yeti, I found a patch of unsoiled snow and used that to remove the blood from my animal skins. I carefully arranged them and put them away in my convenient item box that strangely turned into a small pouch.

Magic was amazing. Putting away my newly acquired knife, I took out my daggers and proceeded with hunting down mobs.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    Nurman, Kuma Desu, fuzor100 and 2 others like this.
  9. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    "Damnit, where did all of these come from?"
    "There's too much of them!"
    While fighting in a group was better than fighting alone, somethings being gathered in one large group just attracted much more attention.
    What was happening, you ask?
    A horde of lesser elementals and ice golems was that.
    "Why are there so many powerful monsters all of a sudden?"
    "It's becoming difficult to fend them off..."
    Weapons struck, shields blocked, magic blasted, arrows peppered.
    Despite the advantage the adventurers had, they were still being slowly but surely overwhelmed.
    "Can we hold on any longer?"
    Hubo grumbled as he tried to strike the core of a ice golem.
    The ice golem retaliated with a hefty kick.
    Managing to getting out of the way despite losing his chance, Hubo regained his footing, before he struck out again, this time blocked by the ice golem's arm.
    "Damnit, this golem is awfully resilient..."
    As they exchanged blows with each other, Hubo was slowly being forced back.
    It was hard to fight the ice golem, even though it was severely weakened, with no special skills or magic, nor any special equipment and that was shown clearly for him.
    It also didn't help it was hard to land a precise hit on the core, especially without taking a a punch to the face that would probably take his head AND the rest of his decapticated body with it.
    "Damn golem... I don't even have heavy equipment to fight it, all I can do is keep up with it."
    Hubo grumbled as he moved to the side to dodge another clumsy but powerful swing at him.
    "I would really appreciate-
    Before he could even finish his thoughts, a fireball came from behind, smacking into the ice golem.
    Quickly reacting to the situation at hand Hubo quickly swung his stick up while the ice golem was distracted by the fireball blast.
    Finally, he hit his target, the core of the ice golem.
    Hubo wasn't a strong man in particular, but the force was still enough to shatter the core like a marble.
    Not long after that, the ice golem finally collapsed, becoming another part of this landscape.
    "Huh, finally..."
    Hubo huffed a bit, looking at the corpse of the golem.
    "I'm starting to feel a bit tired...is the buff wearing off?"
    Hubo mused a bit, before shaking his head and moving onto the next one.
    Of course, he didn't forget to give thanks.
    "Thanks whoever threw that fireball!"
    Those were his words as, he charged towards a lesser elemental...

NiQuinn, Kuma Desu, fuzor100 and 2 others like this.
  10. Zerith

Zerith [Clumsy Librarian][Blanc's and Jibs' Mage]

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s dark….and scary….and dark…..The only thing that kept me from running away is the fact that I’m not alone. I’m with Jibs’ summon, Aika the swordsgirl. She is a reliable ally that has been fighting together with me for quite some time. Quick with her blade and fast to adapt to sudden change in the battlefield. Once again, she is a reliable ally I can count on.

And there is another one….One that has told me the basic of battlefield. The full horror of a war. And also the honor of fighting alongside one’s comrade. Mr. Rald. He is a gallant knig-I mean, Man-at-arm!....He’ll scold me again if I call him a knight. I don’t know why, but he really hates being called that. A quiet man that always choose to show his answer through his action. Some say he is cold, but….I know how caring he is. He is, after all, the one that rescued me in our last battle. He stood there like a gallant knight, protecting me until help comes. I….am both indebted to him…and I also admire him. N-N-N-Not to the point of l-l-l-l-love, of course! Just…I like how she stick to the traditional image of a knight.

Oh, there’s also Jade too. I almost forgot. He growl at me when I looked at him. For some reason he could understand my inner mind. Sorry, Jade.

“Elyn-dono, are you okay?”

“E-Eh, y-yes, I’m fine.”

I could sense a slight worry in her voice as her words brought me back from my own musing. I looked to the C-Rank adventurer near her and he only glanced at me with a slight groan, he is clearly not amuse at my own slow pace. Uuuu….I n-need to focus! I slapped my own cheeks once to forget the bad thought.

“I’m fine!”

“…If you say so, Elyn-dono.”

We then continue the walk when suddenly Mr. Rald lifted up his hand, blocking our way. I glanced and saw several elemental standing in the small path.

“…I guess we need to take them on be-“

“Wait!”

I almost shouted that, but I managed to at least avoid alerting them. Aika that was stopped looked at me while Mr. Rald kept his attention toward the enemies. For some reason he is…scary. As if he is in a very bad mood.

“We can take another route.”

I spread my mana to grab the presence on the air. And…just as I suspected. That path is too long. There is another path that will take us straight to the main chamber of the sentient golem. But…there are…a lot of guard. I could sense…that they are comprised of lesser elemental and golem. We can take them, I’m sure of it. But the number is the problem. They are just too many.

“That way,” I said to them while pointing to another route, “but they are guarded by many monsters.”

“….That is bad, Elyn-dono.”

“B-But I have a plan. Just run after I said so. Run without fighting them a bit.”

“….Are you sure?”

“I’m….not so sure. But…that is the best plan I can come up with.”

For a while Aika just looked at me. She then gave a nod, approving of my plan. I looked at Mr. Rald and he gave me a silent nod. O-Okay, let’s do this!

After a while, we trek the other path and finally found the cluster of guards. I stepped forward and then drunk the mana potion I have. I then prepare my plan.

Freezing wind that affects everything, give me foundation for my feet.

After whispering my chant, I looked back while holding back my own mana on my hand. They all gave me a nod and then I pointed to the path.

“Ice Blocks!!!”

I let the mana exploded from my hand onto the ground, summoning ice blocks that pushed the elemental and golem toward the cave’s wall while making a straight path toward the end of the chamber.

“NOW!”

Mr. Rald took off first with his shield and pollaxe at the ready. I followed behind him with AIka guarding our rear from any surprise attack. What followed at that is a series of Mr. Rald pummeling and drilling any incoming attack from the chamber and Aika blocking any projectile attack from the enemy behind us. I could only summon more ice blocks to seal some holes where more enemies could come.

After that, we finally arrived in the main chamber of the sentient ice golem.

“….what is that…abomination….”

(( @BlancFrost @Jibs @seriouslynope ))

Nurman, BlancFrost, fuzor100 and 4 others like this.
  11. Jibs

Jibs 『Still alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯』

Reading List:
    Link
    Elyn is shocked at what she sees appear before her eyes. There is a three meters tall golem within the chamber. Its body is decorated with crystals, leaving no surface untouched the golem Byleistr was in front of her.

"I wonder what those crystals are for?"

Elyn asks out loud. Just as she speaks the golem springs into action heading straight for Elyn with its fist ready to crush her. Elyn couldn't react in time, I'm going to die! Elyn thought but an armored man came in between her and the golem.

The armored man diverted the golems attack by hitting it with his pole axe.
    The fist flies off at Elyn's right side destroying the ground, causing small rocks to fly out in random directions.

Elyn thought his figure was quite dashing. The armored man called Rald turns to Elyn while still facing the golem and turns to face him again.

"Ah! I'm sorry!"

Elyn snaps out of her thoughts and levitate a bit to go to the left side to circle around the golem. Rald then looks at Aika who has her twin katanas out.

"Follow me..."

"Leave it to me knight-dono!"

Rald and Aika then charge towards the golem.

And so the fight begins.

---meanwhile----

"Blanc hurry up!"

They could feel the ground shaking a bit indicating that the fight already started.

"I know Jibs!" Blanc shouts while running to Jibs side.

She took off running along the trail following the ice the moment she felt the ground shake. Hearing Blanc, Jibs slows down for her to catch up.

"Did you get the thingy to help us with the golem?"

"Yup! It's right here."

Blanc shows Jibs the harisen she is holding.

"Alright then! Let's speed up!"

Both Jibs and Blanc speed up.

--at the battle--

Rald diverts it once again with his shield, while Aika attacks the Golem. When the twin swords make contact with the golem's body it only makes a 3 inch deep cut.

"It's hard Rald-dono!"

"...ughh.."

Rald smacks the golem in the head making a boom sound when he did.

"O fire that will strike down my foe, appear and shoot them down!"

Fire forms and flies to the golem's back hitting several crystals.

"Oh! Managed to hit it!"

The golem then turns to look at Elyn but jumps when something hits him on the back of the head making a loud boom. The golem tries to retaliate, but Rald rolls under it and is now behind the golem.

The golem turns around to face Rald but Aika takes this opportunity to the cast mana blade slicing the air sending a sharp mana on to the golem's back slicing it along with several more ice crystals.

"Fire come pierce my enemies....fire arrows!"

More fire arrows fly towards the golem's back hitting several places and destroying the little ice crystals left on its back.

"And Jibs has arrived!!"

"Don't forget Blanc!"

The duo jump infront of Aika with one wearing red based colors, the other mostly blue. Rald turns to look at the duo.

"............."

After taking a look at the two, Rald fixes his stance and gets ready to fight the golem but..

"Mrpunman!!!"

Jibs jumps at Rald making him catch Jibs using his left hand on the head.
    She was swinging a bloody katana while struggling to be free from Rald's iron grip. Thinking he may accidentally choke her he lets go promoting her to drop on the ground.

"What was that for I was just going to hug you!"

Rald ignores Jibs and sets his focus on the golem.
    Jibs was clearly pouting but Blanc steps in before she could throw a tantrum.

"Jibs focus. You can hug Rald all you want later. For now let's face this golem. Okay?"

Blanc says holding an umbrella with blood dripping off it. The blood Indicated that they had a bit of action coming here. Looking at them at a glance they had light injuries with some of their clothes torn.

"Okay.."

Jibs answers her preparing her battle stances.

((@BlancFrost @Zerith @seriouslynope ))

Nurman, BlancFrost, fuzor100 and 5 others like this.
  12. Kysil

Kysil [Progenitor of Sloth][Sloth Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmm.... They're fighting the boss golem...

"Hmm? I wont be of any use with that big ice golem or whatever... But i guess i could just hunt the small fries or something?"

As i said that, i quickly hopped on the back of Gen and we quickly departed and jumped on top of the ice barrier.

"Here Gen, stop here .. Eletai and Yuki... Make fireballs Soulseeking ones, Gen order the quad fox to start hunting again"

I ordered them once we got on the highest part and overlooking the battlefield, Gen quickly departs and joins in the quadruplet firefoxes on their hunt. Meanwhile Yuki and Eletai made red fireballs one after another, these are made for seeking an enemies in numbers of mass fireballs, not really lethal on their own that is why i ordered them to make many.

I also start making my own soulseeker fireballs... But mine are colored Purple, a balance in firepower and seeking accuracy

"Launch on my command"

Readying again and somehow started counting the fireballs it numbered 128 Red fireballs and 62 purple ones

"Launching Hunter-Seeker Fireballs!!! (Dont Run Desu!!) Fire!!!"

Launching all the fireball made by us... 36 of the purple fireballs went Towards the Cave and enters it while moving inside it ... Arara...

((@Jibs @Zerith @seriouslynope @BlancFrost @Greater Infinity ))

BlancFrost, Nurman, Jibs and 5 others like this.
  13. Clown333

Clown333 「Altiora Petamus Volente Deo Lucete Stellae」

Reading List:
    Link
    Smack!!!

---Shite.

As raised the picked up dagger, he pommelled the adventurers who tried to attack him with the hilt, while he said the word inside his mind.

All the things that happened here, he only could said such profanity. Such catastrophe. Such chaos. Surely the scene in front of his eyes looked like that. Whimsical. For such a thing like this only could be realized by someone will. No. To be exactly, it was at the whim of a certain something.

The adventurers and the monsters alike, they are controlled. Moved by strings and sticks. Almost like a marionette. Which only could be moved by the will of the puppeteer. And when the surrounding black smoke made contact, they're finally freed.

Goooaaaahhh!!!!!

Zwooosh!!!

KABOOM!!! KABOOMM!! KABOOOMMM!!!

It was just an instant from when released his picked-up dagger, and taking his bow, nocking it, and release the arrows. And the sounds from three consecutive explosions could be heard afterwards.

Just a while ago that he have subdued the adventurer, now he had to shoot a Yeti which suddenly approached from the thickness of the black smoke. His visibility is clearly reduced by the smoke, and so do his movement. At such visibility, he couldn't just shoot his arrows. He wouldn't know who, even what was there beyond the thick veil of smoke. If it wasn't for the roar, he wouldn't have released his arrows. He wouldn't know if it was his fellow allies or enemies. The worst scenario that could happen may have occurred if he was careless.

He could've just shoot at his allies.

Risking their lives, and although it was almost like a selfish thought,

himself.

Weighing the risks of each shot he took, he couldn't just stand and bewildered, or remain dumbstruck to be exactly, shot by shot, between wavering and made clear his resolution. Such ingenious, such cruelty, such malice, fitted for a great malice that they must fought.

But in the end, it is the risks of hurting one of your friends that made him scared. At his very own, so he was.

What do you feel when your friends suddenly turns his back against you? Even though knowing that they were controlled, it wasn't just right to hit them. It wasn't as it should be in order to save them from their own demise.

It was just a moment ago that this horrendous and horrible nightmare had begun.

As the waves of monsters came to their sight, adventurers put up their efforts to hold them up. Once again, their advantages is only their own wits. But numbers, it was definitely not their forte. As the battle went in the raging flame. As the sounds of clashing weapons, agony, fear, and desperation rises. As the cold swept by, followed by the sharp icy winds and falling snow. The adventurers will hold their ground. Making their own part as much as the ones who went to the front lines of confrontation. It was their duty to do so. And it was, of course, the most least of things that was expected from them.

So the battle lasts for a time.

A certain time.

A certain moment.

A certain moment which will had changed the tides of the battle.

It was the first of their thoughts, that the hardships is finally over. As it truly was.

It was the sights of the other team of adventurers which had been sent to confront the Raid Boss, came from the base of the mountain, the other side of which the monsters had come from, treading their path up to the base with their weapons on hands. Walking through the snow covered slope. Walk. And not even rushing their pace.

"Hey! Over here!!"

So one of the adventurers shouts while waving his hands in the air. He shouts with feelings brimmed with hope and utmost joy. For it was the most reasonable expressions that a person should have expressed at the time. Normally in addition. And afterwards, more and more of the adventurers are doing so. They followed him. Shouting amidst the raging blizzard. Against the howling cold winds, while their sight is blurred by the falling snow.

And so he did too at the time.

For they had returned. No more reasons was needed for the explanation.

But it was just the time when the ominous notions had struck him.

"Why?"

It was the beginning. Of a hellish scene. Of a terrible nightmare.
    OOC : Will continue after post-Passover-infinite-church-works

Additionally, tell me also if you found something off within my writings... I need your assessments for future purpose

Nurman, Way, fuzor100 and 1 other person like this.
  14. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Scriptor didn’t want to see Gus mercilessly grinding the elemental into nonexistence for what remained of the day so she wriggled her way up to peek over his shoulder at the battlefield. Everything was chaos: there were explosives, gunfire, flashy magic, blood, and all kinds of things happening everywhere.

There were sure a lot of higher level ice golems and elementals moving around, she noted absently.

Her eyes opened wide.

Oh no…

Her sigils! She almost wrangled a brush out from her storage but immediately thought better of it. No doubt this was the doing of the ancient ice elemental or the ancient golem master behind its actions. It wouldn’t be a good idea to let them know the game was up. Mentally, she tapped into her sigils. They were fine…

But what could have caused the previously-stalled enemies to start moving again?

This time, Scriptor probed into her surroundings. Mana flowed normally but there was a strange disturbance she could sense, like the world was altered somehow.

Brr, it was cold even for her.

Then she started to think… some of her studies theorized that under extreme temperatures and conditions, it was possible for even time to be affected…

Yes. That would explain the sudden cold, why the enemies started moving despite her sigils still being undisturbed and activated, the decreased fighting ability of the adventurers. Ice element-affiliated beings would be mostly undisturbed the cold but the regular adventurers would, slowing their time. As the time on their side started freezing, naturally it would look like time for the other side was speeding up. It also explained why the monsters were starting to move.

Maybe it was time to let loose a little. The original sigil she modified belonged to the space-time and cosmos categories and would have been immune to such disruptions. She could take off one of the modifications.

Flopping over Gus’ shoulder, Scriptor sent a mental message to Gus telling him her discovery. His eyes flashed but otherwise he looked no different as he continued to pressure the ice elemental into the ground, burning and poisoning it with his dark flames. Only now, he snorted and smacked the elemental down one more time with a crack of breaking ice, disabling it. He raised his blade and began to make small cuts on the burning elemental.

It howled even more miserably at this new torture. The small cuts were actually slits in space, tiny vacuums that sucked away its vitality. Some of the deeper cuts had enough vacuum power to even tear off bits of its consciousness -- and soul if it had had one. If this went on long enough, it wouldn’t have a consciousness at all…

Scriptor sent her senses into the mines carefully. Deep in its depths, she felt the ancient golem’s spirit like an old oak in a forest of young trees. Even if it wasn’t busy, it would never have been able to sense Scriptor’s probing.

Now that she had its location, Scriptor began preparing her sigils. She could no longer scale them easily as she had last time and had to hold them all in her head and cast at once. A shimmering golden sigil appeared in her mind. Then she added more, one by one slowly and steadily without even a medium like the ink brush to decrease the load.

The battle could only end if the head was dragged out. She was going to remove the negative time effects and bring out the ancient golem whether he wanted to come or not.

[OOC]

-Scriptor & Gus both know the elemental’s plan but are playing dumb for now.

-Gus will buy time for Scriptor to cast another set of sigils to reverse the time disruption and to drag out the boss.

-Gus is buying time by torturing the poor elemental to its limits. Hello soul/consciousness-shredding effects! The elemental will start to lose its consciousness the more posts there are.

-forgot to mention this earlier but Gus’ flames apply a constant corroding effect and soul/consciousness-eroding poison on the ice elemental. This will last even if the elemental regenerates; the only way it’ll ease up is if Gus eases up.

-in about 5-10 posts (depending on how things turn out @brasca123) Scriptor will finish casting the sigils to restore time and drag out the boss.

Edit: Fixed term to 'ancient ice elemental.' The flames have a soul AND consciousness corroding effect so it affects the elemental's consciousness (the elemental has no soul).

Quaesitor, BlancFrost, Nurman and 4 others like this.
  15. Drevart

Drevart [Eternal illusion][Tea lover][MC RLOAT]

Reading List:
    Link
    I looked at the surroundings and noticed that the main fighting gotce is already fighting the golem. I cursed silently in mr mind^ "Crap why should they be elementals and golems my illusions can't affect them because of that. Maybe I shall start using the old tactic?...." I pondered a bit and hopped on one of the tree branches and started to use them as a ground to move more swiftly in the forest.

After looking around I found only a few wolves and yetisthere were absolutely no goblins around.
    "Are you kidding me?! there are only so few monsters around?!" After staying on one of the branches for a while I sat down and spread my influence on a larger area and I started creating illusions from every place around. I was creating tens of small illusions some monsters smelled something some saw something or heard. This way I was able to not use much mana and attract quite a number of cannon fodder. Except of different cannon fodder I attracted three yetis and two old wolves which were almost on par with C-rank monsters.

After gathering them in one place I made them see each other like adventurers and so they started fighting each other.

When the fight ended there were those three yetis remaining and 5 more wolves. I decided not to delay it any longer and used my illusions to make them feel like they are in some closed corridor so they will run in a certain direction. And I started leading them in the direction of our main fighting force. I made it so the monsters didn't see each other so they won't be able to cooperate with each other.

Quaesitor, Nurman, NiQuinn and 4 others like this.
  16. Siostar

Siostar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And..... there he goes.... so he knew where to go in the end? Anyway, I just need to treat the other adventure, and await to the others wake up. Then I was done with my treatment, I take a looked at my handiwork, not the best but he survive..... I think....?

While I waiting for help or the other sleeping heads awake, we eat some sandwiches with to stop the hunger, and by attacking any monster that come near, we protect our guild mates behind us. At some point, a black mist came from the tunnels, through I don't know what is used for, it seems harmless. With no reason to remove it, both Er Yue and I wait a bit longer. However, with a sudden shaking, added with a bad feeling, I swiftly create a ice barrier with me in center. It was a good thing, I gathered the unconscious on one place, for the next thing I knew, is the ceiling begin to collapse. Somehow the ice could hold off the boulders, and good luck for us, the whole ceiling didn't fall. Looking through the transparent barrier; and judged it's safe, I quickly used my scarf to melt the side with less boulder, last thing I needed is to kill myself by suffocation...

And guess what? Some adventures awoke under all that noise! Surprise, surprise, they are clearheaded too!

So to thanks me for looking out after them for all that time, they told me I could go and help the raid, they could carry the other to the camp, so I don't need to worry. The people here seems stronger then other adventures are normally, so I deem it as true, and fund a patch deeper to the mine. The longer we run, the more monster there is, make it harder to advance, but I had a feeling I going on the right way. Killed the who knows how many ice elemental I killed, I heard a sudden weird jell.

"Mrpunman!!!"

There was some sound, that I wasn't what to make of, but I guess there is other people here. Going on my own pace towards them, I called in a loud voice:

"Anyone who need a Bladedancer and a fox to fight?!"

That way, they wouldn't think me as an enemy, right?

(OOC: @BlancFrost @Zerith @seriouslynope @Jibs
    I since
    doubt, I will post much more, you guys can use my character~)

17. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    The horde was still there, but the adventurers, fighting for tooth and nail had slowly whittled it down.
    "Hah, their numbers are decreasing."
    "Just a few more minutes and we might drive them off!"
    "We're almo-
    KABOOM
    "...What now?"
    "But as the adventurer's looked around alertly, they really were completely flabbergasted.
    For there were more greater elementals.
    As you noticed, 's'
    There was not one elemental,
    nonono, not even two, there was THREE.
    "OH MY GOD WHERE DID THEY COME FROM?!"
    "HOW CAN THERE BE SO MANY ALL OF A SUDDEN?!"
    The adventurers were truly shocked at the ridiculous number of greater elementals.
    Mind you, even with the utterly overpowered Biel Bell, these guys were still elites of the army in essence.
    Their power might be severely reduced, but they were still extremely powerful.
    And now there were three, for godsakes
    "Oh god, Help- ARGHH"
    "WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?"
    "My cabbages"
    A powerful icestorm smashed through the group, inflicting massive destruction...
    (OOC: Anyone help perhaps :D )

Quaesitor, Siostar, Nurman and 3 others like this.
  18. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    "That sounds like Sio!" Jibs turns towards the sound and waves at the Bladedancer and the fox.

"Just in time Sio." Blanc nods at her, it wasn't time for chit chat. They had a ancient sentient golem to subdue.

Elyn waves a hello, but stays quiet as she focuses on her spells. Rald doesn't acknowledge Sio and continues to stay on the offensive.

"It's seems, you guys could use an extra hand and paw." Sio readies her stance and glides forward slashing her sword speedy a few times, across the cave.

Her sword create some waves of ice, which upon hitting the golem at full force. It screams as the burning sensation rides up it's body. Freezing ice and scorching heat consume it, the golems body cracks on the surface, and it's slowly forming all over the body.

Elyn takes this chance to stop casting her fire spells, and hurries over to where Blanc and the co are. Rald moves out of the way as the scorching ice fills the cave. Screaming is heard coming from the golem, as it tries to free itself from the pain.

The sakura petals comes like an illusion as Sio begins to move into close combat. Her fox is closer behind and shoots ice shards, at every chance he gets from behind. Every move, every strike she makes is quick, accurately aiming at the golems weak points created by the battle. Tracing along the lines of the recent injuries.

Blanc leaps in with her bloodied umbrella to assist Sio in her dance. She spins around to follow the bladedancers' lead. Together they dance around the ancient sentient golem, until it roars out in frustration trying to break free of their hold.

"That looks rather painful." Elyn mumbles this as she stumbles closer to the girls. Aika follows her from behind to support the weight.

Rald joins them to watch the golem in its struggles. His stance has relaxed a bit and the grip on his weapon is not as tight.

(@Jibs @Zerith @seriouslynope @Siostar @scriptor)

Way, Nurman, Quaesitor and 7 others like this.
  19. Kroenen

Kroenen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    An exercise in futility. This is what Kroenen would describe what he's doing at the moment, using the STG46 against the golems and ice elementals were simply not enough to do significant damage to them. If ask why is he still bothering if it's largely ineffective, Kroenen will simply point out the fact that he's still getting data. Obvious one is how this prototype rifle and ammunition performs in cold weather conditions; the roller-delayed blowback is considered as a violent action which means that the bolt assembly moves at a higher velocity that what it needs to operate with the result of a robust extraction cycle. Along with the fluted chamber, this makes for an action that is simple and functions quite reliably albeit at the cost of mangled bullet casings. Another is that ice can be quite a useful tool in seeing the impact energy of the bullet via cracks and fractures on its surface; with it he could tell if he needs adjustments to the powder load and the bullet weight. He isn’t interested in killing any of the golems he’s facing right now but he isn’t interested in letting them roam around the mines or go outside to the others that were still fighting, so deftly dodging and re-positioning before firing back his gun is what he does to keep them interested and out of the others back. His weapon clicked empty and without missing a beat he reached for an incendiary grenade on his belt to use it in order to buy time to move back and re-position behind solid cover. His left hand reached for the charging handle and racked it back towards the bolt hold-open notch and tilted the gun counter clockwise to see through the ejection port if the chamber is empty, it is, so compressed the magazine release lever in front of the trigger guard and stow away the empty magazine, he grabs a fresh one and rocked it in the magazine well before slapping the charging handle off the bolt hold-open notch to send it home and chamber a round.

Two elementals and three golems were itching to tear the masked man apart and were throwing chunks of ice and boulders at where they believe he’s hiding behind, Kroenen pulled the grenade launcher from its holster again and load it with a miniaturized version of a HESH round used in anti-tank weapons and aimed it at the leading ice construct’s legs. High-explosive Squash Head, developed in the 1940s and was meant to be originally used as an anti-fortification munitions used for concrete bunkers, turns out it’s also surprisingly effective against metallic armour as well and was fielded against tanks using recoil-less rifles. It is made of thin metal shells filled with plastic explosives and a delayed-action fuze, when the shell contacts hard surfaces that plastic explosive is squashed into a disc and is detonated a couple of milliseconds later by the fuze creating a shockwave that, due to the high surface area and direct contact to the target, is transmitted to the material causing it to fracture and in most cases crumble into rubble. This one being a small version manages to compromise the ice elemental’s leg and a follow-up shot with another results in it being immobilized and obstruct the passageway, Kroenen reloaded another HESH round. He is a combat engineer and the environment is their weapon, he collapses that tunnel on top of their heads.

Holstering the grenade launcher, he checked the rifle once again and tried to remember the number of rounds he put through it in the course of the fight. 61 failures to fire per 1000 rounds which is not bad for a prototype, the cartridge dimensions obviously needs a bit of tweaking and the load data needs further adjustment but a good data point is a reward on its own.

Way, Nurman, Quaesitor and 3 others like this.
  20. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Though no one could see, the sigils inside Scriptor’s mind numbered in several sets of ten. All those tiny sets came together to form a much larger sigil with a small attachment that would layer onto the previously cast gravitational cosmic support sigil she laid earlier: one of the controls on the previous sigil would be cancelled for greater power so the freezing time effects of the ice elemental would no longer be in play. The other, newer sigil would target and summon the ancient golem behind it all out into the open.

She counted down in her head, passing the message onto Gus who unobtrusively readied his yanyuedao.

3… The adventurers struggled below as an ice storm blew through the area.

2… The abyssal fire on Gus’ blade flared even darker.

1… The ancient golem waited in the mines, eyes glowing with unnatural fire.

Cast!

The sigils suddenly appeared in the sky above the battlefield and rapidly spiraled into effect. The ice elemental, though worn down significantly, was pretending to be even weaker than it was but the surprise attack crushed it nearly beyond recognition. The restored original sigil came back even stronger than it was originally.

With no correction, it slammed all the elementals and ice monsters around and cracked through their bodies, heavily injuring them. They were pinned down even harder than they were before by the gravitational force.

Strength flooded through the adventurers like liquid energy and wounds healed almost instantaneously.

Deep in the mines, the ancient golem paused, choking. Something vital inside it had been grabbed beyond escape. That same power yanked the golem unmercifully through the hard dirt and rock of the mine, through the rotten timbers, through the other monsters in its lair like a loose cannonball. It was dragged into the center of the melee like a sad, rocky rag, stunned and so damaged that the metallic inner skeleton showed.

At the same time Scriptor cast her sigils, Gus made his move. He swung the halberd down and cut a large vaccuum directly onto the ice elemental’s body. Even as the cut opened, Gus’ peculiar black flame engulfed the elemental and accelerated the erosion of its consciousness even further. Under this complete assault, the elemental had lost all sense of self and could only slump to the ground until its consciousness was completely gone.

Scriptor had fainted after finishing the spell, leaving Gus to dart with Scriptor quickly to their camp. He needed to find her another Ether potion to drink…

[OOC]

-Previous buffs on friendlies and debuffs on unfriendlies restored and stronger than ever (at least 2x). Strength & vitality up for allies, HP/MP regen up for allies. Mass gravitation debuff on enemies pins them in place and even shredded most of their defenses.

-Ancient ice elemental on field is disabled & unable to do anything but wait for seal/death. Its soul/consciousness is chipping away stronger than before. In 5 posts or less it’ll turn into a soulless body.

-Ancient golem is stunned and heavily damaged. Its rocky defense is mostly gone so it’s fair game for adventurer attacks. Stun will last for 10 posts.

-Scriptor and Gus will be absent from the battlefield for now since Scriptor is knocked out from mana exhaustion and her hubby is trying to revive her.

Edit: Fixed term to 'ancient ice elemental.' The flames have a soul AND consciousness corroding effect so it affects the elemental's consciousness (the elemental has no soul).

Way, Nurman, BlancFrost and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.