Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Raid Arena

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    I may have said that it felt like the raid was nearing its last push but when was this going to end? I’ve been fighting for so long that even with the help of the kumihimo charm, I was finally feeling the fatigue. Knox never mentioned if the physical exhaustion would pile up and come crashing down if I removed the charm so I didn’t test it out. This was not the time or the place for that.

To my right, I noticed that a certain group of wolves were ganging up on some adventurers and I thought the timing was great for what I had in mind. I had been toying with the idea of using the explosive arrowheads Shea gave me. However, just as I pulled one arrowhead out of my traveling bag, I realized that an elemental was heading my way and I was in danger of being seriously injured with its charge and not to mention, that ice attack it had in its arsenal.

Thinking fast, I desperately summoned my ignis and poured it into the arrowhead. Just as planned, the spirits of the dead were attracted and came pouring into the small piece of metal. Once the spirits ate at my ignis, they were bound to my whims.

The elemental was getting closer and it was then that I manipulated my now loaded arrowhead and willed the small piece of metal to fly towards my enemy. At this kind of long-ranged attack, my accuracy with using mana was better so I had also used that to make sure my arrowhead would reach its target without problems. It was the first time I used ignis and mana together like this.

By estimate, the elemental was eight feet away from me when my arrowhead finally reached it. Just as it was about to hit the enemy’s chest, I activated Specter Guard and waited for impact. The detonation rocked the area. The explosion affected a 6 yard circumference and decimated the lesser monsters in the surroundings. I had double-checked for friendlies and was glad nobody was around when the arrowhead exploded. The reach was further than I thought.

Even I was in the area of effect of that explosion. Jumping back as the arrowhead exploded, Specter Guard managed to protect me just in time and the blast had managed to catapult me a good 15 feet away. At the same time, a bright flash erupted up high.

When the smoke from the initial explosion dissipated, the elemental I had targeted remained immobile. Multiple lines of crisscrossing cracks marred its body and it appeared lifeless. Whatever scratches or wounds I had were no longer evident after that huge sigil appeared. Truly, now, the tides had turned.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    AmIaCat, Kuma Desu, Quaesitor and 4 others like this.
  2. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Blanc and Sio pause in their dance as rumbling sounds throughout the mines. They look at each other before diving towards either side of the cave.

"Move away from the entrance!" Blanc shouts this as she lands, hitting the rocky wall.

Her words prompt Aika to quickly scoop up Jibs and Elyn running away from the mouth of the cave. Rald side steps the girls and picks up Jade who has fallen off Elyn's shoulder. Just as he reaches the side of opening groaning sounds from the ancient sentient golem.

Wind rushes through the mine grabbing the golem its embrace before forcibly tugging it out into the open.
    Pausing for a second due to the unexpected occurrence, they quickly snap out of their stupor before rushing after the golem. Sio places her sword on the ground, and releases mana so that it is hovering above the ground. She then stands on it before flying over to Blanc and princess carries her. Blanc is startled but doesn't struggle, they fly off down the opening in the cave caused by the force pulling the golem. Aika sees Blanc's signal and runs after them hopping over the rocks skillfully with Jibs on her back and Elyn in her arms.

Rald follows soon after.

OOC: @Jibs @Zerith @seriouslynope @Siostar
    • I will wait the 10 or so posts after @scriptor 's post and then I will seal it back into the mines.

Kysil, Siostar, Kuma Desu and 6 others like this.
  3. NiQuinn

Reading List:
    Link
    The monsters were very easy prey. The gap between base camp and enemy was becoming even more obvious. What remained by the defensive wall were the corpses of our attackers. I noticed that other adventurers were becoming braver and were traveling further from the base camp. More experienced individuals were looking for more challenging targets.

As for me, I was continuing with what I was doing originally. Taking care of goblins and wolves. They really were weaker than normal. Add the boosts in effect and all seemed overkill.

The fact though that they were so numerous in number proved a hassle to handle. With the gravitational force in effect, they were going nowhere anytime soon. I wasn't going to complain about it at this point. If anything, I just wanted to get this done quickly.

Kysil, Kuma Desu, Quaesitor and 2 others like this.
  4. platys51

platys51 Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    It is quite hard to move. Pain is not a problem. I actually feel surprisingly little of it. What makes moving problematic is how weak I feel. I don't think I would manage to do any slightly faster movement. Any encounter with a monster would probably be my last. Luckily, there are very few monsters around. And those that are, are being killed off rapidly.

On my way, I saw adventurer skinning monsters. I guess everyone wants to profit as much as possible. Should I try skinning one too? Nah, I don't think I would manage to do that in my current condition. Walking alone is hard enough.

Further towards noises of battle I go, more creatures made of ice start to appear around. To last until now, those must be strongest ones. I can normally kill goblins, but now, even goblin would do short work of me. Let's not get involved with any of those creatures. I just want to observe.

Adventurers were using quite rough methods to get rid of ice creatures. Explosions and fire made it harder to move around. The closer to my target I was, more monsters and adventurers trying to get rid of them were there. Will I be able to see? Well, I can see quite well even all the way from here, but it's only because that thing is huge. I want to see a bit better.

Finally. I managed to get close enough. Well, at least as close as I dare to go. There is some huge area of effect spell around the boss monster. If I were to cross it to get closer, I would freeze. I can somehow see from here, and I should last long enough to see some extent of its power.

It seems to be occupied by some humans. Two of them. One looks like a mage, but doesn't cast any spells. Ran out of mana? Maybe. It's hard to see. Mainly because humans are small. Other is chipping away on the body of whatever monster it is. It looks like quite effortless activity. I doubt I would be able to even scratch its body.

Oh, it seems that mage was just casting a spell. He activated it now. Sky itself lit up and state of battlefield changed in a second. Adventurers that were wearing out little by little regained their vigor and monsters were pushed down by some unknown force.

While I was looking around, I missed the most important moment. I noticed only after winds started to die out. It seems that boss was defeated. I didn't find out much, did I?

With winds dying out, I could finally see its body properly. It kind of look like Ice elemental. Aren't those spirits summoned from a different plane? Killing one this powerful would bring change to the world.

Interesting.

Kysil, Kuma Desu, Quaesitor and 4 others like this.
  5. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    "Aug!"
    Hubo was not having a good time.
    Although he was lucky enough to avoid the brunt of the ice storm, he was still affected by it.
    Mainly getting struck in the chest with a block of ice...
    If not for the fact that the force that hit wasn't the full brunt of the storm, he would probably have returned to mother nature...
    "I'm not feeling good..."
    Hubo was rather pale faced as he watched the greater elementals approach intently.
    It felt like the elementals was sneering at the group, before the ice and snow started gathering around it again.
    Everyone knew this last attack would probably finish them off, but still attempted to form a last stand.
    It was over. They had-
    Suddenly, the greater ice elementals fell on to the ground, as if a boulder was crushing them.
    Everyone was very confused at the sudden turn of events.
    "What's happening?"
    "Thi-
    Then, another miracle happened.
    The wounds of the injured starting to heal up, faster than ever.
    "My wounds are healing?"
    "Mine too!"
    "This is a miracle..."
    "A miracle! a miracle!"
    The adventurers were again taken aback, before they started to feel hope fill their heart.
    "CHARGE! WE SHALL HAVE OUR REVENGE!"
    "YARRR!"
    Taking the chance to avenge their comrades, they red-eyed adventurers proceeded to then beat the completely suppressed and to top that off, taken off guard elementals.
    It wasn't even a fight; nothing remained of the elementals after just 1 entire minute has passed.
    Of course, it was also because they didn't hesistate to take the materials.
    ---
    "So this is the bastard behind all this..."
    "Should we kill it now?"
    "No, this guy is already half-dead,we must that the opportunity to make it suffer..."
    The group was now gathered near the knocked out golem.
    This time, they didn't immediately ravage it immediately, but were instead were calm..
    ..Because they intended to make the bastard suffer as much as possible.
    Seeing this, Hubo sudden had a idea.
    "Listen up guys, I have a idea...You see remember that trap..."
    Moments latter there was laughter among the adventurers as they had a devilish look on their faces.
    "We hope you like the heat..."
    Later, the group was seen dragging towards the base.
    Some people helped to support it, while others casted magic to aid the process.
    Their intention? To give the golem one sauna it would never forget.
    ---
    The adventurer group is dragging the golem towards Hubo's trap pit.
    All adventurers are welcome for the barbeque :D
    ((I have no idea how I came across this idea, really, I don't.))

scriptor, Kysil, Kuma Desu and 3 others like this.
  6. NiQuinn

Reading List:
    Link
    With more monsters out of the way, I opted to help out the growing team of people who were looking for injured adventurers unable to come back to base camp on their own. It was a growing concern since there really was no registry of participants for this raid. There might have been an unaccountable number of individuals who needed help and we wouldn’t have had any idea about it.

The search and rescue teams were segregated into four people in each group and so far, we only had 8 teams to do the job. Too few but we had no choice. Each group had one licensed medic/healer, one adept or sensitive to sensing mana, and two to carry the wounded back to camp. The latter had the most labor-intensive job so highly physically fit persons were tasked for it. Meanwhile, I volunteered as the mana finder. It was a given that all living individuals had their own pocket of mana. One had to be sensitive enough to know whether what you felt was from comrade or foe. I was confident enough that I could do the job.

It was a slow process. There were just so many bodies everywhere. By being a kalman väki, it was very easy for me to find or ignore the dead ones. It took us three bodies until the medic believed that I could find the dead as easy as I could find the living. The search went faster after that.

In less than an hour, we found 26 adventurers in dire need of medical assistance. The sigils had done its magic but the people we brought back either had serious cases of blood loss and or broken bones. Some even had curses or poison effects on their bodies. It was a grueling task that everybody was taking seriously. Thanks to the sigil, the people brought back in were far less than the target number but sadly, there were still dead among the field. It was a sobering thought.

My team seemed to have been experienced because none of them flinched when they saw a dead adventurer in the field. Thank the heavens for small favors. I had nothing against those who would mourn such a scene but there was a time and place for that later. It was the living that took priority now.

OOC: Was this okay? I just thought that with this kind of occurrence, it would have been odd not to have a body count. Anyway, this is my last post for the raid. I had fun taking part :)

scriptor, Kysil, Kuma Desu and 4 others like this.
  7. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    --- Ton's PoV---

With my explosives seized and hands cuffed, I was detained in a solitary cell. I sat in the middle of the tent staring that the busy staff running around in a hurry, signing some forms here and reading some reports there.

All of this happened shortly after entering the campsite. Apparently the reasoning for this situation was because I was a blacklisted individual under the mutual circumstances that:

a. There is a raid ongoing
    b. There is mind-controlling involved
    c. Ton is unattended by a higher ranking adventurer or an authorised staff member
    When I asked where all of this rubbish came from, the staff looked nervous and explained that there was a secret agreement formed by the office staff after the events of Oakenlake Rainforest. The most shocking part was that a certain person of high authority just casually agreed to these terms allowing my confinement if these conditions arise. What the hell?!

This was clearly malicious discrimination!

Although my credibility is below zero and my track record is terrible, what right did they have to forcefully strip, search and imprison me?!

Their bleak response was that this was all done for the sake of lowering their paperwork, according to unofficial statistics, I increased their workload by 25% alone because of the Tonragon incident.

Well... I can let that part go... but...

Why am I wrapped in aluminium foil and what was this even suppose to achieve?!

Left to my own devices and feeling uncomfortable, I started wiggling in the cell and managed to remove some foil from my feet. While rejoicing that I had successfully liberated my toes, I noticed that there was a note laying faced down just out of my reach outside of the containment. Squirming to get closer to the bars, I started blowing at the paper in hopes that it would flip so that I could see the contents to alleviate my boredom. After an hour of blowing through my cracked lips, my bloodshot eyes read the contents...

Bribed...

They were all bribed by the promise of super rare cards...

One of the guilty staff members detected that something was off and noticed that I had read the note. I turned to glare at him but he couldn't return my stare.

I turned to glare at everyone in the room and the temperature noticeably dropped by a few degrees...

You've all done well, I'll remember this. You better hope that Blanc doesn't return soon...

I swear...

MY VENGEANCE WILL BE SLOW AND THOROUGH!

Raising my head to the skies I shouted,

"RAZER!!!!!!!"

scriptor, Kysil, Kuma Desu and 6 others like this.
  8. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Not too long into their journey, the group suddenly discovered something.
    "That...is a ENORMOUS elemental!"
    "But...it seems to be dead?"
    "Who could have such enormous power to kill it?"
    "I remember it was fighting a few powerful adventurers a while ago, maybe they killed it?"
    "It seems to almost dead anyway, someone check?"
    "I'll do it."
    Hubo volunteered to take a look.
    No one was really too concerned since it already seemed dead.
    ---
    In reality the elemental was still alive.
    Barely, but it was still clinging on to the last of its consciousness and soul.
    But suddenly, a stick landed on its body.
    It is unknown if it was enough to kill it, but it's conscious finally faded away.
    --
    "Yep, its dead."
    After smacking the elemental in the face, Hubo simply nodded to himself unsurprised.
    The elemental was probably dead, he and everyone else reckoned.
    "Well, we can loot the corpse later, lets move on first."
    And they did, without realising the possible consequences of their actions...
    --
    After a relatively long and boring hike, (Considering every last enemy is either dead or stuck, yea) they finally reached their long (or not so long) awaited destination.
    "We're here!"
    After Hubo gestured to the others this was the spot , they threw the golem into one of the bigger empty trap pits.
    "Now, my fellow adventurers, we can't just do it like this, we need fuel for the fire!"
    "What could we use then?"
    "Anything I say! We could use anything you guys are willing to donate, and other things like monster corpses and fallen vegetation could do."
    "Should we go and collect some vegetation and corpses and stuff?"
    "Do it if you wish. We appreciate your contribution."
    No one really knows how, but at some point it started become a community effort to barbeque the golem.
    The obvious commotion started attracted other adventurers to check what is going.
    "Is-is that!"
    "We must kill it!"
    Hubo than stopped the guy from drawing his weapon and rushing down.
    "Calm down partner."
    "But-but that thing!"
    "Don't worry, we have a plan..."
    After a good minute of convincing, another adventurer joined the Golem barbeque party.
    After a long period, there was a mini mountain around the Golem.
    It consisted of everything there was for fuel, there was plain old firewood, corpses, and there was even fire crystals and explosives from some adventurers.
    The barbeque was ready.
    Hubo cleared his voice before speaking.
    "And on this day, Blysteir the Sentient Ancient Golem, was hereby roasted in many many flames. Literally.
    The time is nigh, let the barbeque begin!"
    He then, received a torch from another adventurer and proceeded to do the honors as he set flame to a long length of rope leading to a package of explosives.
    The fire burned and burned, and the length of rope shortened with every second passing...
    "This is taking too long...oh right, I forgot about the arrows! Well, the ceremony doesn't matter if its taking so long everyone is going to fall a sleep, soo... hmm, what is the spellword...Ah right! eccaia -o nar-"
    KABOOOOOOOO-
    ----------------------------------
    Soon, even from the base you could see a giant mushroom cloud in the sky.
    ---
    @BlancFrost

Kysil, Nurman, Kuma Desu and 3 others like this.
  9. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Groans of despair, roars of anger, cheers of triumph sound throughout the North Mountains as the battle against the monsters rages on. It had gone on too long, far too long for something that was supposed to be sealed up. The weakening of the seal was expected, but the destruction and chaos that followed is countless.

Perhaps if they had checked up on the seals more regularly.

Perhaps if only the kept a closer eye on the world.

Perhaps...

Perhaps.

Too many countless possibilities.

Too many lives lost.

Frustration. Pain. Anger.

Countless emotions flutter through her eyes, as the smokes clears a resounding groan echos from the nearby adventurers as their "plan" to burn the golem doesn't work. She watches the ancient sentient golem struggle in the snow as they come closer. The sight is unexpected but not unwelcome. It seems one of the C-ranked adventurers had exhausted themselves in dragging this monstrosity out into the open. Already weak from the seal that was place many centuries ago, the bashing from their fight just now and the unforgiving tug out into the open had weakened it even more. The golem is weak enough to finally subdue. It is time to end this once and for all.

So much trouble from such an monster. So much trouble because of misinformation.

"All adventurers stand back!" Blanc shouts as she stops just in front of the golem. in one swift movement Blanc stabs her umbrella into the snow covered ground. The red blood drips off her umbrella onto the snow slowly seeping out to form a image that looks oddly like a flower.

Blanc takes out the Harisen while making sure to keep the golem in view... just in case there is are unexpected movements.

"Blanc is going for it now!" Jibs whispers excitedly to Elyn.

"Shh Jibs not now!" Elyn whispers back as she leans closer to her partner.

No comments could be heard from the remaining three of their party. It was not time for idle chit chat, not that Rald, Aika and Jade had much to say.

They didn't feel exhausted anymore and feels their injuries healing due to the magical residue in the air. The same adventurer who dragged out the golem must have been the one who released this buff over the mountains. So much skill must have made them exhausted, when they got back the girls wanted to go find this fellow adventurer and thank them.

"Ah...so it comes down to this. I didn't expect the sealing tool to be a fan....a harisen at that...Mother I can finally do that dance." Blanc readies her stance and centers herself clearing her mind of any thoughts. Taking a breath then releasing it she glides.

Stepping left, then right, then left again she dances in a series of movements that come naturally to her. The harisen becomes an extension of her arm as she twirls and spins. Reaching the climax Blanc abruptly swings the harisen in the direction of Blysteir the Sentient Ancient Golem, causing the winds to rush forward from the harisen to push the golem back into the cave.

Blanc starts to perform the final dance, the winds furiously surge with each of her movements. Gushes of wind throw everything that were near her away, cleaning the ground around her. Flocks of snow dancing in the air giving an unworldly sensation as she danced.

However, the Ancient Golem still had not given up yet. Using what power it had left, it grasps onto the cave opening, trying to go against the seal. With its glowing eyes, it glares at every adventure present, before a sound resonates from it. A laugh echo inside everyone's mind, "Hahahaha. You had gotten weaker mortals! Hahahaha." With the last words spoken, it gets pushed with a stronger force further into the mines.

However, even sealed. The words it's spoke, remain deep in many hearts.

It was anticlimactic, but when was sealing something straight out of the story books? The destruction it caused was enough to last them awhile.

Ancient Ice Elemental - Third P.O.V.
    With the Sentient and Ancient Ice Golem, Byleistr sealed back into the mines all of its influence slowly disappeared as if it was never there in the first place.

The ancient ice elemental groaned as it is lifted up into the sky before disappearing. Surrounding adventurers are stupefied as they thought it had "died" but then again do elementals such as that really die?

====================================================================================

THE BOSS IS NOW CAPUT!!!
    You will have 1 x 24 hours to write an aftermath of the raid. Have fun and thank you all for participating!

scriptor, AmIaCat, Kysil and 11 others like this.
  10. NiQuinn

Reading List:
    Link
    In the midst of searching for more people, we suddenly heard a shout from a little far off.

"They're leaving! The monsters are leaving!"

There was a moment of silence as disbelief spread among those still very much active in the field. We all watched as, sure enough, the remaining creatures moved as one and left en masse. One could see the confusion and panic amongst the monsters as they found themselves surrounded by a desperate mob of adventurers. They fled and most, if not all, hadn't even bothered to come after the people in the area.

Suddenly, a resounding victory cry rose in the air as everybody left alive finally realized that the battle had been won. They get to live another day. We had successfully defended the Northern Mountain.

For a ragtag group of people, one might ask, "Why is your allegiance to the Guild? It is not a country. It is not a monarchy. What can it offer you when so many have sacrificed their lives today? What do you stand for?"

I looked around me and watched the tears, the laughter, and the sheer pride from people standing here victorious. For me, I fought for this kind of freedom. The Guild my not have been a country or a monarchy but it did stand for something important. Freedom.

We freely chose to come here to fight for that. We all had different reasons for coming here but at the end of the day, we all cherished the fact that it was us who decided our fates today. We were not ordered, sanctioned, or bullied into this battle.

I sighed. I was putting words in their mouths. My thoughts were my own. To be honest, I actually didn't know why these people came to help in defending the Northern Mountain. I had no idea what their motives were. Mine was really simple.

I just felt like it.

Way, Nurman, BlancFrost and 5 others like this.
  11. Kysil

Kysil [Progenitor of Sloth][Sloth Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    "phew.... That was something...."

The Sentient Golem Blister- blightes? Err... What was its name again? Well what-ever-name-he-has golem is Sealed again with Blanc's super Dancemoves with that fan... Nice moves desu!!... Hmm? Asking where am i? Of couse on top of the Ice Wall, looking at the small people and dead monster with my super duper eyesight from my demonic blood lineage... Wonderful for spotting things from afar... Also useful for looking for people as it can also see souls... Nevermind that. Golem Sealed and Greater Elemental gone... I said gone because it just dissipates into tiny parts and flew on everywhere... I tried to grab one but its agile for a bodyless bastard... Hmm... Should i report this? .... Nah ... They must have known... Now then Where was i? Right! GOLEM gone and Elemental disappeared... Means raid is finished? Maybe but they say The Mission is still not done till we got home... Maybe ill go grab some more grub back at the messhall before greeting blanc for the Job well done?

((@scriptor @Jibs @BlancFrost @Zerith ))

Way, Nurman, BlancFrost and 5 others like this.
  12. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    PoV - Sentina​

It's over! Finally! I almost died once, am lucky to not be one of those that died. Luck... hey, I'm sure it's because of the Fortune Drink!

Well, there were plenty of people more unfortunate than me. Those that died. Hope you'll go to heaven if it exists.

That's enough mourning and praying, time to meet and talk to the living. Grab some beer, get drunk, have fun - get over the bad things with good things.

I blast one last snow goblin away and return to the camp, helping a fellow injured adventurer on the way. Don't know or care who he was, just carried him to the camp.

After arriving, I begin my search for beer and drinking buddies.

PoV - Tene
    Listening to the cheers, it seems like the battle is won. I'm glad, no one else will be hurt today. No additional patients, no additional casualties.

I continue to keep Meilin, that's the name of the crying girl as I found out, company and console her. I can't stand seeing people in pain, no matter what kind of pain.

Way, Nurman, Kuma Desu and 2 others like this.
  13. AmIaCat

AmIaCat [ Shem's Kouhai ] [ AmIaCat ]

Reading List:
    Link
    -Yoru's POV-

-timeskip-

"Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!" (Goblin)
    "Haaaaa!!!" (Yoru)
    *Slash*
    *Thud.* *Thud.* (Goblin head)

"Haaa... Haaa..." *Breathing roughly*
    "Finally. I can rest. "

*Thud*
    *Collapsed on the ground*
    *Looks around*

Sigh.... I actually survive but too many died... That giant is so dangerous... It's good to actually have the Guild's best members here...

*Clench fist*

I HAVE TO GET STRONGER.

*Stands up*

"I'll catch up to them someday.. Okay! Now for the spoils!"

*Stripping skins*
    *Getting materials*

"Hmmm... Good harvest."

I think I forgot something.....

*Thinks hard*
    *Pong*

"Oh, right! I'm gonna find that fox I'm gonna pay you back! Hahahaha!!"

*Evil Smile*

*Runs off somewhere to find the fox*

OOC: I put you here. Hahaha! @Kysil

Way, Nurman, Quaesitor and 2 others like this.
  14. seriouslynope

seriouslynope [Armoured Madman][Ninja Hobo of War]

Reading List:
    Link
    This is it. The bastard who tried to touch my mind and make me kill those who I don’t want to, it’s time I get even.

Keep him pissed, keep his attention, keep moving and keep protecting the young ones.

That was how the fight has unfolded for quite some time now, me and the young girl wielding two swords were the ones responsible for keeping the ice elemental away from the mages. Using my shield to parry away its strikes and intercept any projectiles while my pollaxe set to be imbued with fire shave away at it slowly. Strikes with a superheated axe blade melt away the enemy’s defense, the front spike fills the surfaces with cracks but its use is a bit slower which is why I spare it until the optimal timing comes, the hammer blow gouges blocks of ice from its body.

Other people arrived, doesn’t matter. Focus lies in what’s at front.

Details blur, silhouettes of people on my side, familiar voices saying unintelligible words. Coherence lies with the enemy in front of me, it makes sense to feel the need to defeat it, what’s clear is the HATE.

The others seems to have plans for this cold bastard, the goal is to give them time to realize that plan. Give them space, a room to breathe. It doesn't matter since the plan was to have me front and center, the vanguard, the bait. One very pissed off bait.

Push the attack. Dodge, shield in front weight leaning against it, block. Step to the side with a hammer blow. Thrust, recover and parry. Riposte. Attack the opening, stick your point through it and bite through with the blade, bash away with the hammer’s head. Break it, wear it down.

For what seems to be an eternity that was all that remains clear. I can see the undefined figures people moving alongside and behind me; though I can’t see the details I know they are allies but they were obscure.

The ice elemental stopped dead on its tracks and I was brought back to my senses. Whatever the plan was it seems to have worked, though it's quite regretful that the vile creature cannot be killed by anyone who is present at the moment. Only sealed. I wanted it dead but there's not much I can do about it, maybe sometime in the future I'll find a way.

The cave system started collapsing, boulders came crashing down. The girls started hauling themselves out to the entrance, I followed.

Way, Nurman, BlancFrost and 1 other person like this.
  15. Blank9

Blank9 Interdimensional Traveller

Reading List:
    Link
    The cries of victories covered whole surrounding areas. Finally, after so much struggle , the fight was over. Though adventurers were exhausted , they were in high spirits.

The decisive battle with Ancient Golem and elemental lasted too long. Many lives were lost and many were injured severely. Had the fight gotten longer , the outcome may have been very different .

The healing magicians were dispatched and many non-combatants participated in taking care of tired and injured adventurer.

I felt relaxed as I laid upon the bare ground. Ah, the long battle was finally over. My whole body ached due to over exhaustion.

I was too exhausted mentally and physically . I could hear the adventurers victory cheers. I too wanted to shout out loud cries but I couldn't even gather my strength to do so.

At last , one of the healers came and started healing me. I could feel my energy and my injuries recovery very fast. Must be a some upper echelon healer of guild I thought.

My blood still boils as I think of the bloody battle. "Next time , I shall paint the ground with blood of enemies" I thought as I was taken to nearby camp to recuperate.

Way, Nurman, BlancFrost and 1 other person like this.
  16. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Compulsory epilogue...here we go!

×××​
    Moon battled together with the Elementals until the final moments of the battle. He wanted to be at the main battle but he knew he won't have much use now with one of his dual blades broken and his skills weakened to base level.

Nevertheless, it seems that he's satisfied with the result of the raid because of the fact that he's still alive. It means he still has the chance to get back at the bastard behind this who is also the one who delivered despair to all the ones he loved and cared for.

"Alriiiiiiight!!!!"

When the battle is finally over, cheers rained from the adventurers. There were some adventurers who collapsed as if running dry on battery but despite that they still have the victorious expressions in their face. Moon simply smiled and left the others to celebrate as he assisted adventurers who need to recuperate back to the camp.

After that, he didn't waste any time and proceeded to take measures in order to get a lot more stronger in case fate allows him to meet that bastard once more.

OOC: referenced @Blank9. I wanna write a longer post but most of my creativity has been drained by my 2nd quest log.

Way, Nurman and BlancFrost like this.
  17. Siostar

Siostar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Seems the battle is over, Er Yue."

The fox beside me nod in agreeing, and stare back at the cave, noticed he's glance I also begin to look at the cave.

"Right, I promised your mother, I will come after the battle. I wonder, will she be angry, if I come in another day?"
    No, as a long living race, she wouldn't mind to wait a few day later, a year or two is just a few days for her.
    "Then let's come another time, for now I just want to rest. And I also want think over some questions, I will have for her next time."

I go towards the clamp, as I think about if I could get some food to eat. Er Yue looked at the cave for awhile, before he fellow me back. Maybe our visit was too short today, so I noted to myself that we have stay for a longer time.

And so, the Bladedancer and her fox friend, leave the battlefield for today.

Way, ExitedDeviljho and BlancFrost like this.
  18. Clown333

Clown333 「Altiora Petamus Volente Deo Lucete Stellae」

Reading List:
    Link
    "Haha...."

Only a chuckle, a laugh that could be heard among the countless of bodies which lied upon the snow.

"Haha~"
    "Haha~"

And now there is two of them. Joy, exhausted, conviction, all of the feelings were stirring within the voice of the dry laughter.

"It's finally over isn't it?" the man next to him said.
    "Yes. It is. It is" he said in reply.
    "It's over"

So that he heard the reply, the man looked upon the frozen sky with a long gaze. Both of them were heavily injured. Both of them supposedly have fallen at the battle. Feeling all the pain. Freezing winds blowing. Their cold fingertips.

As they walked to the inside of the base camp, the man asked,

"Where is the infirmary?"

Yes. That, maybe, was the most appropriate question for the time.

"Just right there. Hold on"

So the both of them supporting each others back, and walking through the snow.

Way, ExitedDeviljho, Nurman and 2 others like this.
  19. Kuma Desu

Kuma Desu Holy Architect | Defender of Children | Clozdark's

Reading List:
    Link
    ---------------- Side Maligno ----------------

“The battle is over. We have won!”

As the staff announced the end of the battle, in the wreckages of the south camp, many adventurers and staffs started cheering.

In the last moments, thanks to the big hole in the earth wall, monsters flooded as if there were no end for them. The already damaged tents by the in fights against the mind controlled adventurers became even more tattered with the final fights.

“At least we got out of this in one piece...”

“Say that to the camp.”

As I said, relieved, Alfonse was quick to retort. I sent to him a bitter smile before going where Master was.

She had sat down and was currently stroking the head of a unknown girl. It was the girl she had fighted with before, the one with the metal ball.

“What?”

“What what, Maligno? Speak already.”

“Why are you with her…?”

“Who knows? More importantly, look. Her face is so peaceful while she sleeps, though she was fighting for her life, and later fighting against her comrades.”

“Could you not beat around the bush, Master. You know I’m not that smart for your blabberings...”

“Fuu… you know me too well… She’s younger than me, though she was that strong.”

“But you won in the end.”

“I can’t consider that a victory though… Anyway, I wonder how she got that strong… or rather, why she had to become that strong… I want to know. I want to ascertain if what I’m doing is the right thing or not...”

“I can’t see anything wrong with your reasons… but who I am to butt in… more importantly, you really changed your opinion about the raid. You arrived with that scary face, but look at you now, with that stupid smile in your face.”

“Am I smiling? I didn’t noticed.”

Master was stroking the head of the sleeping girl with a huge smile plastered in her face. She remained like that for a bit before asking me to carry the girl as we left the camp.

Way, Nurman, NiQuinn and 1 other person like this.
  20. Crau

Crau 『Kysil & Kyuu's master』『Onee~sama』『Utopia's』

Reading List:
    Link
    [It ended hu?...ha~~~I used too much energy]
    «Thats because you create 2 Mid-Rank dolls and 3 of a High-Rank series »
    [Well, This body can't stand into a close-combat fight so I haven't many options ]
    « Ha~~and you send your dolls to help other adventurers leaving you alone »
    [Well, even me can win against goblins you know?]
    «So you lost an Arm for what reason~~~ »
    [Ehm..that was just an accident...I was thinking about other things at that moment~~]
    «You are really a helpless person, even after I tell you to not be reckless»
    [Well isn't it ok? since we are almost immortal]
    «Even with that, you need to think about the consequences of your acts »
    [Are you my mother or something?]
    «Are you a kid or something? »
    [Ha~~~Dont worry, Everything ends as my predictions so its alright~]
    «Thc, You Deviant Scientist »
    [Ho~Ho~even with my personality affected with your soul corrosion, My thoughts are the same you know?]
    «Arent you more annoying than before? »
    [If you say something like that I'll blush you know?
    «Ha~~~ anyways if something dangerous happens just call me »
    [Ok~Good night~~]
    [Fu~~~well I need a little rest, My dolls will disappear in 1 hour I guess... so its alright~~~maybe]
    *A bad feeling pass through my body*
    [Wait..Lily, right now you didn't put a flag? No, It can't be possible, even the foreshadowing have a limit...right?..right?...]
    «You are noisy can't you stay silent for a moment? »
    [But the foreshadow..]
    «foreshadow? The world rules can't be written by a simple sentence, just let me sleep »
    [uhm...sorry]
    «Good night then...ZzZzz »
    [Tch, this annoying spirit]
    « Did you say something?»
    [nope~~]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    Way, Kysil, Kuma Desu and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.