Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Raid Arena

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghjk

ghjk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gingerly touching the bandages wrapped around my waist, I walked out of the medical tent. There was apparently a massive Ice Elemental that I missed out on. Not like I could've done anything about it though.

Adventurers were both cleaning up and performing repairs on the tattered camp. There was a commotion somewhere, though I couldn't tell if it due to monsters or partying. Anyways, it was no longer my business. My task had been completed and I prepared to head back to Aeternus. Now I just needed to find Jason. There was a new member we had to welcome at the Guild Headquarters.

I found Jason flirting with some young adventurer girl with cat ears (a npc adventurer).... too many of them have cat ears. I sighed.

"Hey lover boy, over here!" I called as I pulled in a head lock and dragged him off.

"Ack! Come find me later in the tavern sweetie~!" He called back to the girl, "ya don't have to be so rough Beretta".

"That's Lieutenant Corporal to you"

"Yes sir~" He sighed.

Way, Kysil, NiQuinn and 3 others like this.
  2. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    --- Meilin's Summer Report, Entry #003 ---

Luckily the raid ended in an orderly fashion and everything was fine.

Is what I would like to say but... Ohmygoshthatwassoembrassinggettingcomfortedbyagirlyoungerthanmeandatotalstranger!!!

fffffuuuuuu~

With that off of my chest, it seem that I had gotten myself into quite an embarrassing situation. Fortunately a younger girl with a greater fortitude and a kind doctor supported me through that ordeal. Although I'm feeling better now, I don't think I'll be able to stick to this path anymore. On this journey I've learnt the harsh reality of working for the adventurer's guild and in all honesty, I don't think I'm up for such a task. Therefore I made my decision, I'll return to the academy and withdraw. I think I'll pick up my family trade and live a more stable lifestyle. With my future planned out before me, I went to look for Ton.

---

I later found Ton just outside of camp, she seemed to be having a discussion with Sat'r and Nio. As I approached, I heard something about disassembling Razer(?) and faulty card scams(?). Noticing my approach, they stopped and asked how I was doing. I ended up telling them everything, finally feeling unburdened, I ended up asking them about their plans for the future.

Ton wanted to own a big block of land and revive someone, Sat'r said he was on a journey to seek his missing sisters and Nio became interested in the medical field after being mistaken as Dr. Journey. I think he also said something about cutting ties with the underworld? But it looks like we're all heading off on our seperate paths now.

Before I could make my way to the airship I was stopped by Ton, claiming that because this was going to be our final time travelling together, we should all travel together one last time. Feeling downcast I closed my eyes and agreed, I might as well right?

But little did I know that this decision ultimately changed the course of my life...

--- End? ---

Meanwhile on the outskirts of the Frontier Village...

"Sh*t! They're catching up! Don't let go of my hand!" (Slim Male (?))

"Just leave without me Liam! They're only after me, just leave without me!" (Green fox-kin (?))

"After what happened at the festival, I'm never letting go again!" (Slim Male (?))

*Whoosh*

"LIAM!" (Green fox-kin (?))

[OOC:] Yay! All of this lead up just for me to procrastinate~

Kuma Desu, Way, Kysil and 2 others like this.
  3. Zerith

Zerith [Clumsy Librarian][Blanc's and Jibs' Mage]

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s done….Finished…We’ve won…Or at least that’s what everyone thought, I included. But…I somehow felt that the magic in the air is still…ominous. Is it because of the many killing? Or is it because of our enemy’s lingering feeling of hatred still there. I…can’t really be sure. I just…feel that I don’t think this is a complete victory.

Complete victory…Yes, it has never been a complete victory. Be it from the last raid or this one. We have suffered a lot. Materials, money,….lives….They have been spent to ‘fuel’ this battle. Of course, I know that the Guild’s reason is honorable and all. I believe that. I am, after all, one of them. I won’t stay in a place that goes against my belief. The Guild only serve the best interests of everyone. I know that. But still…seeing the number of lives that has been affected. The lives that have been lost. The many that have been injured. I…just can’t really get used to that. Or…should I ever get used to that, I wonder?

“Elyn!”

I looked to the source of the voice and found our ever cheerful member of the team, Jibs, ran to me. Well, me and Jade, that is.

“What is it, Jibs?”

“Everyone has been looking for you. They all said they want to have some celebration! Hotpot! Hotpot they say!”

“Oh! Hotpot sounds lovely!”

“Yeah! Come on! Blanc also said that she will need all the help she can have. You know, all that paperwork….”

“Ah…p-paperwork, is it?”

I’m…not that good at it. No, scratch that. I’m good at it. But…the amount is just…ridiculous. It is a wonder how every one of them Guild Staff could do it all day without getting crazy….Rumor has it that our Guildmaster, Shadow, can do it all alone though. It is…quite a marvelous, yet also scary rumor. I guess one day Blanc can be like them?

“Yeah…paperwork…*shudder* B-But, before that! Hotpot! Hotpot! Let’s go, let’s go!”

“W-Wait, J-Jibs!”

She started to pull my hand to follow her. B-But I still have to-

“Ojouuuuuu!!!!!!!”

“Eeeek! It’s Aika!”

“Ojou!!!! Where are you!!!”

I could saw the figure of her summoned ally running toward us. Then before I know it, she whispered something to me.

“Don’t tell Aika I was here, Elyn! See you!”

“W-Wait!”

And just like that, she was gone and went to the other way. I guess she doesn't want to do her part of the job. And….she is probably looking for me to help her….

“A-Ah, Elyn-dono! Have you seen Ojou-“

“That way.”

Both I and Jade pointed at the way she was running to. Of course, Jade pointed with his tail.

“Much appreciated! Ojou! Blanc-dono still waiting for your help!!!”

“NOOOOO! I don’t want to do the report!!! They are booooring!!!”

And…with that the two leave me alone with Jade again. Jade then growl while tugging my sleeve toward the camp. He’s right. We still need to help with the rest of the crew, be it a hotpot party or just the regular clean up. But before that, there is something I want to do.

Freezing wind that affects everything, give me foundation for my feet. Ice Block.”

A small ice block appeared on the part where I saw some scattered and broken weapon. I have placed them side by side against the ice block. I then crouched down and then touched the ice block. I made it permanent by infusing mana into it. Then I also made a few words there.

“…To all my comrades. You have done well. May your eternal rest is a peaceful one. We will carry on your legacy.”

…On the last part of my own words, I…could feel my voice trembled. Yes….I was preparing a small tombstone. For those who have fought bravely. For those who have given their life for everyone. For those….who I failed to save. I…who is still weak….Can’t save them. I might not know their name. But….I know they are my comrade. My fellow guild member.

“I…promise you this. I will…become stronger. So that less of us will perish next time….”

I remembered how Blanc, Jibs, Aika, Mr. Rald, and Sio work together with me. Their figure….inspired me. To become stronger. And may this ice tombstone will become my silent witness.

“….Oh, you too, Jade.”

I quickly said that as I felt Jade’s glare at me. I wiped my eyes a bit and then started to levitate myself toward the camp. It is time to celebrate our victory.

(( @BlancFrost @Jibs ))

Jibs, Kuma Desu, Way and 6 others like this.
  4. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Mouth watering scents floats through the air as hungry adventurers dig into their meals, with hotpot as the main dish. Something to be shared and eaten together to celebrate the lives of those still among the living and honoring those who perished.

"Blaaaanc!" Kynn looks hopefully at Blanc hopping to be let off and enjoy the hotpot. She thought that visiting Blanc would result in getting more sweets. But Blanc just dumped a pile of papers in her hands and told her to fold them up.

Feeling the stare from Kynn, Blanc skillfully throws over a box of cupcakes at Kynn and shoos her out. Not waiting a moment longer, Kynn shouts her thanks before bounding out the door. Sweets acquired!

"Well she was a lot of help...at least I don't have to fold those letters...I should have just asked Shadow for some spiders to transmit my message. Ah oh well maybe next time." Blanc leans back and stretches out her arms before continuing to go through the reports.

Scratching on paper fills the tent as Blanc goes through each of the reports one by one. There is still so much to do before they went back to Aeternus, the other staff on site had things under control. They had packed up the majority of the tents. Well besides the burnt ones down south...Blanc made sure to politely ask Kuma to deal with those tents....such a hassle...

Cold wind blows in as Elyn steps through the opening and walks towards Blanc's desk. She looks better than before, more at peace with herself. Without prompting, Elyn sits at the desk Kynn abandoned and pulls a different pile of papers towards her and starts writing. Jade hops down onto the table and lies there swishing his tail.

Back and forth.

Back and forth.

With each hit on the table a knocking sound echoes through the tent. Not disturbing the girls, it was something to keep them aware. To keep them present.

During the 100th time his tail hits the side of the table, Blanc stands up and walks over to him before picking him up. She hugs him to her chest before setting him on Elyn's head. Elyn looks up at the additional weight and stops adding up the figures.

"Blanc?"

"Jibs."

Elyn immediately understands and gets up to pack up the papers before putting them all into a box.

"She still hasn't arrived...I think she is trying to escape our lecture." Blanc sighs as she makes her way out the tent.

"Jibs needs to take responsibility! I thought t-that...we had lost her! So irresponsible..uuuuu." Elyn quickly follows Blanc out the tent, holding onto her arm as they make their way towards the mess hall.

"She's over there." A kind helpful adventurer points out Jibs location for her partners.

"Traitor!" Jibs screams before diving for cover.

Sounds of protest can be heard she wriggles out from the crowd, and tries to hide. Aika quickly follows behind, reaching out her hand to grab Jibs by the collar and hauls her towards Blanc and Elyn.

Sio comes up from behind Blanc and joins in staring down at the misbehaving hobbit. She found great joy in teasing the girl, making sure to remind Blanc of her misdeeds.

"Jibs..." Both Blanc and Elyn sigh as they say her name. Jibs wriggles around before giving up as she hangs in Aika's hold.

"Blanc! Elyn! Fancy seeing you both here. Oh and Sio too!"

Not wanting to waste words Blanc goes straight into it, "Jibs you worried us by acting on your own. Not waiting for us, not even consulting us. You need to stop jumping before you think, we are a team!"

Elyn cannot hold back. "Also don't forget that she went straight to the cave without our decision. And also bring a train of monster to us. And also....what else?"

"Jump off the cliff, don't give you guys to think a plan? Hmm were there other things?" Sio chimes in helpfully.

All three girls are deep in thought as they think of other misdeeds Jibs had done.

There were really too many to count.

"Alright! I was too rash. Please forgive me?" Jibs stares at Blanc with pleading eyes before Sio decides to cut in.

"Blanc get Jibs to help with the paperwork. That might stamp out her eagerness to jump first and think later." Sio suggests this as she smiles at Jibs. She is glad to to be able to help out. Very glad indeed.

(@Jibs @Zerith @Siostar @Kysil @Kuma Desu)

OOC:
    Rising over the horizon,
    Dawns a new day.
    Adventurers and citizens alike,
    Must go on our way.
    Suffering and pain,
    Washes away.
    As we bond together,
    Over creme brulee.

Thank you to those who answered the call.
    Thank you for those who cared.
    We will miss the ones who can not come.
    Forevermore shining like the sun.

Signed,

Your In-Field Commander Blanc.

Zerith, Jibs, Nurman and 4 others like this.
  5. Kroenen

Kroenen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Standing in a spacious hall deep into the mines was a man in a dark grey and form fitting wool undershirt worn under a web gear that had some empty ammunition pouches, black breeches, a pair of steel toed boots and a mask that covers the entirety of the head, his feet was surrounded by empty magazines and spent casings of rifle ammunition, pistol cartridges, shotgun shells and grenade rounds.

Not far from where he's standing are corpses, heaps of dismembered and perforated goblins, wolves and yetis. Squirming along are golems that are very much alive but are completely immobilized and robbed off of any means to fight back, Kroenen's liberal use of HESH rounds and gammon bombs reduced them in a helpless heap of rubble.

There seems no more enemies that are appearing, the fight must've been won already. The man stood there and reloaded his rifle before starting to pick up his spent magazines and shoveling the brass casings into a container which he plans on running through a sorter and checking for reuse.

Several moments later he turned hisattention to the immobilized magical constructs, he puts them in a crate using a portable crane that loaded them into a buggy that he had stored in the item box. There's so much to learn about these creatures and there's little time to waste so he head back to the mine's entrance where he fired a flare round to the sky, a signal to the airship pilot that he needs a ride. Kroenen head back to The Facility to continue his studies and expansion of his arsenal.

Nurman, Kuma Desu, Way and 3 others like this.
  6. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Gus arrived at the camp with Scriptor, quickly striding past the emptied food tables to one of the tents. A tall medicine cabinet stood in a corner and he pulled open the doors, scanning through the bottles until he found an Ether. He uncorked it and poured it carefully into Scriptor’s mouth.

The little girl, Aurus, toddled over to him and tugged on his robes.

“Is Mommy all right?”

“Her mana’s exhausted,” he explained, turning to pat her briefly on the head.

In Gus’ arms, Scriptor’s eyes squinched. Aurus poked her cheek a few times, making her wake up.

“Grugh…?”

She smiled at Aurus when she saw her. “Hi, darling.”

“Hi, Mommy,” she replied dutifully. “You need to sleep.”

“I will,” Scriptor said, sitting up a little more. “After we go and finish things up.”

Gus cocked his head, hearing the roars of the Ancient Ice Golem Byleister and its servant, the Ancient Ice Elemental, in the distance. “They’ve been taken care of.”

“How nice,” Scriptor staggered upright, leaning on Gus. “Now we can investigate the base of operations of that golem.”

As it turned out, the ancient golem had been the ultimate creation of an ancient mage. He’d secluded himself in the mines and studied relentlessly to create the perfect golem, adding modifications and improvements continuously. He’d worked so hard that he hadn’t stopped until he’d dropped dead of old age. A crumbly old skeleton still lay in a bedroom inside the suite of rooms hidden in the mines next to a journal.

The workroom contained strange devices that Gus took an interest in, being of a mechanical nature and boasting of some impressive smithing. Scriptor looted the study, taking the research notes and the contents of the dead mage’s considerable library. Aurus found a shiny bauble under one of the tables, looking hopefully at Scriptor until she relented. She and Gus inspected it to ensure it was harmless before dusting it off and giving it to Aurus to play with.

After finishing their exploration, Scriptor cast a sigil and sank the bedroom into the earth and stone after a brief sprinkle of holy water and a prayer. There was no reason to be rude to the dead.

Then they went home to a long-deserved rest.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    Nurman, BlancFrost, Kuma Desu and 3 others like this.
  7. platys51

platys51 Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone else celebrates or got to work on cleaning up. I have nothing to celebrate, nor do I feel need to clean up. Of course, cleaning up is impossible if state of my body is taken into consideration. I should go see a proper healer soon. But there is one thing I would like to do first.

There is no one around. People picking up bodies didn't get here yet. They shouldn't get here in a while. There is a lot to pick up after all.

Lack of prying eyes suits me quite well. I still need a proper weapon. Dagger may be good enough for surprise attacks, but if my attack fails or I'm attacked instead, dagger is not the best weapon to use. I was thinking about what kind of weapon I should use. Every has its own advantages and disadvantages. In the end, I decided on the spear. And what spear would suit me better than the one that almost killed me?

Once again checking if no one is around, I picked up spear. It's around as big as I'm and its blade is lined with small hooks. I guess those tore apart my body during our fight? There are still pieces of my flesh on it. It must require great strength to do what this adventurer did. I wonder if I will be able to retrieve it after I stab someone? Well, I will try to fight everything in one on one for a while. At least before I grow stronger than I'm right now. So it shouldn't hinder me too much if it gets stuck. There is also some kind of sigil on side of its blade. I wonder what group it belongs to? It doesn't matter. I will keep it in storage when I won't use it. That way, anyone who knew him can't recognize his weapon. Even if they do, I will say I looted goblin that carried it.

I won't be taking anything else. There are many things I need, but if someone found looted corpse, they could investigate. And that would be undesirable.

Now then, let's go get healed.

Quaesitor, Nurman, BlancFrost and 3 others like this.
  8. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    The raid was finally over.
    It took a long time, but the battle has finally ended.
    No one was really happy that the golem wasn't that affected by the explosion and the resultant flames, but at least they appreciated that the Golem would no longer stir mayhem in this world.
    But know it was time for the aftermath cleaning.
    Hubo lamented about the raid.
    "Sadly we couldn't roast the golem there and there, but I guess the power gap was just much larger than we expected..."
    Power...I have always known how important it is, but this battle had brought up that issue to my eyes."
    One of those sombre things was surveying the battlefield.
    Hubo sighed as he look at the field of decay and destruction.
    Damage to the landscape was everywhere, and corpses littered the on the field, and quite a number of them belonged to adventurers.
    "So many have dead because they simply weren't powerful enough... god knows what happened to that powerful adventurer..."(@HOMOSENSEI lmao)
    As he thought about the guy that had fought on even seemly on the brink of death, he continued to look around, although his mind was still occupied.
    "Well, hopefully he is in good hands. Now I think about it, I think I've had have a few close brushes with death in this raid alone..."
    He shivered as he though about the really unlucky time he got blasted in the air with the poor guy, the combined storm of the three greater elementals...
    Heck, when the golem awakened, his heart got into his mouth for a second too.
    Infact, he was pretty much in danger for the most of the raid.
    As he thought about the golem, he suddenly remembered the golem's last words.
    Hahahaha. You had gotten weaker mortals! Hahahaha!
    A shudder unconsiously went down his spine.
    Some may have scoffed at the golem's bold words even as he was being sealed, but for others, it really was something to ponder upon.
    Sure, they had won and restored peace to the mines, but at what cost?
    "A cost too hefty..." Hubo filled in that question himself as he grimly looked at the local devastion again.
    "Help..."
    "?!?"
    It may have been him, but Hubo suddenly heard something faint not far from him.
    He could probably just disregard as it just being him, but he was not going to treat this job as any other mission out there.
    Perking up his ears, he eventually tracked the sound to a yeti corpse.
    "...Hmm, where did it-"
    "Help..."
    Hubo suddenly widened his eyes as he realised there was a call from help under the yeti corpse.
    "I've found a survivor! I've found a survivor! Would someone please help rescue her!"
    Hubo exclaimed to signal for help as he tried to push the yeti aside.
    We might have lost too much in this battle, but at least I can too try to help make up for it just a tiny bit...

scriptor, Quaesitor, Nurman and 4 others like this.
  9. Drevart

Drevart [Eternal illusion][Tea lover][MC RLOAT]

Reading List:
    Link
    I was leaning against the tree and heavily panting.
    "Haa.... Haa.... This.... *gulp* was dangerous" I looked at the corpses of three yetis lying under the large stones.
    I was in some near some crevice. I was very lucky to stumble upon one while running. The yetis suddenly went berserk and started to break everything in their surroundings so I decided to dispell the illusion since it was useless. So they noticed me and started angrily pursuing me until this place.

I managed to kill those remaining wolves since that wasn't that hard to do but those yetis..... They were too annoying and caused me to run for my life.And nearly caused me to lose it.... because if they would eat me then I won't be able to reconstruct my body....
    "Well... I didn't feel like that for a long time already... as far as I remember I didn't feel like this since the day when I was running from two imperial battalions while unsealing the portal..." I sighed and got up. "Ha... haha....hahahaha" I started laughing like a madman. "Oh that was so funny you were chasing me and ended up in such conditions, poor, poor yetis.... hahaha..." While laughing I started walking towards the camp while carefully reconstructing my broken arm.

As I mentioned earlier I was lucky to find this place. I managed to distract them with the illlusion of me and lure them in this crevice after that I used unstable boulders above and I have thrown them down so that's how I killed those yetis.

When I returned to the camp creepy smile was still urking on my face and sometimes I would laugh...That scared quite a few adventurers... well nevermind I just went to my tent and went to sleep

Quaesitor, Nurman, BlancFrost and 3 others like this.
  10. Spfere

Spfere [Tea sampler] ༺ Ruyi's father ༻

Reading List:
    Link
    Lorlem reappears on the ice wall and starts to brush dirt from his clothes while muttering to himself
    "useful spell, but it always leaves me so dirty... I should put some more enchantments on these clothes... self cleaning function would be useful...."
    Looks up to see nearby startled adventurer
    "what you never seen someone riftwalk before?" looks out over the battlefield "So... it seems it is all over now huh~ well this one shall be heading back to the others then, looks like there is some festivities going on back at the camp"
    turns around and jumps down from the icewall and proceeds to head back to the adventurer camp that was raised for the quest, looking at empty tables and shakes his head muttering again to himself "I guess I was a bit too late to join in the festivities" and lets out a heavy sigh
    "well it seems it was a successful campaign nonetheless"
    Takes one last look at the camp before heading over to board the airship for the journey back to the guild~

Quaesitor, Kysil, Kuma Desu and 3 others like this.
  11. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    The battle had been long and dreadful, with many enemies at their front, and with none of their usual strongest member to rely upon, the guild members restlessly returned to the Aeternus to rest and celebrate the hard earned victory.

It was not a battle won with no sacrifices, nor was it something that was done easily or quickly, being faced with the necessity of fighting the ones they always trusted upon, the ones they loved, the adventurers returned with mixed feelings, but it didn't matter, at least not now, for they didn't want it to matter, all that mattered was one word, victory.

The deaths didn't matter, the wounds didn't matter, and the pain didn't matter, because they are used to it, they are adventurers and that is their life, it's their daily routine, and it is what hurts them the most, in order to drown the sorrow of the companions they have lost, the adventurers celebrate their hard earned victory, not allowing themselves the chance to cry over the lives of their own friends they removed while in battle.

That is their life, that is what being an adventurer means, to be surrounded by pain and sorrow everyday, a new day, a new death, and what really makes an adventurer, isn't their combat prowess, or how skilled they are in killing, those are secondary, anyone can learn that. What really matters, is how can still be happy, when all they see everyday, is the corpses of the people they talked to yesterday.

A day of rejoice for adventurers, another enemy fell, another place has been saved, another mission completed, another gold coin in their pockets, another comrade's tombstone to visit.

And so, here closes the curtain of this one act, what will unfold of it is still uncertain, and another one will surely rise again, but it doesn't matter, not today at least, for what matters today is just one thing, one concept, one word.

Victory.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (( Well, this came out waaaaaaaaaay different than what I had expected, I was planning on making something more or less close to what Shadow did on the last raids by saying a bit of an aftermath of what happened with the guild's PoV, but... Somehow this ended like this, I don't think it's bad though, I think it works as a closure post, at least for me it does.

In any case, this was the first raid the guild had, ever since the very first, the Demon Orc Raid, that wasn't 90% done by Shadow with only last minute pokes from the rest of the staff once it was already released. Instead, the whole staff planned it together and decided on what would and would not be made. It was also my first time GMing one, as well as Blanc-chan's first raid altogether.

I think there were some problems in it that I will need to be more careful about in the next time I make one, specially on the timing part since I need to learn not to overbusy myself with hosting KR, a raid and doing internship stuff at the same time... I really have to thank Blanc-chan for handling everything so well, this entire raid was my idea (or at least the original idea was mine anyway), but I feel like she did a lot more to it than I did, specially on the last days that I simply disappeared because I needed to sleep and meet my family for some holidays. She was a wonderful co-GM, and there is no way I could've done this without her.

In any case, if you feel like there was something that wasn't very well done, or that it could've been done better, or simply suggestions for future raids, please make sure to say it, either on the tavern or by PM.

I feel like I should try making a tease of what will come of this raid or something of the sort, but... Well tbh, I don't really know what we'll do with it, there were some plans, we scrapped some, kept others, made entire new ones on a sudden notion and... Well, things worked out, but I don't really know how we'll proceed from here... We'll probably think about it and do something sooner or later.

I hoped you all enjoy the raid, see you at the next one! Brasca out! ^^)/ ))

PS: Rewards will probably come some time... This week? I guess so.

!!-RAID IS CLOSED-!!

ToumaNorstein, gkjh, Zerith and 13 others like this.
  12. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Far East Continent Raid - Landing on Far East Continent
    Raid Time : 168 Earth Hours (7 Days) From this message is posted.
    Current Raid Day : Day 1 (This happens in only one day)
    [​IMG]
    The Guild will assist the Masayori Clan in defeating the massive bandit army that has raided their town. Some of the bandit maybe a cultivator.

Enemy List:
    The Reaper Gang
    A group of bandit that consists mainly of human race. They are known to be ruthless and always move in a large group, never alone. Known to always wear some sort of black bracelet.
    1. Bandit (Peasant) – [E-Rank]
      A peasant that by unfortunate turn of event turned to banditry not by choice, but by situation. Armed with whatever things they can find. Rarely found with armor. Cannon fodder of the bandit army.
    2. Bandit– [E-Rank]
      Rogue and cutthroat that enjoy their dark occupation. Very proficient in doing their job, but still just normal bandit. Armed with either sword or spear. Usually wear simple crude armor. The majority part of the bandit army is made up of them.
    3. Bandit Archer– [E-Rank]
      Armed with bow and arrows, these bandits usually securely stay in the back of their many comrade and pepper the enemy with their precise attack. Armed with either bow and arrow or crude crossbow. Usually wear simple crude armor. Dangerous if left alone due to the possibility of doing sneak attack.
    4. Bandit Guard– [D-Rank]
      These are the bandits that are tasked to secure some strategic point. Stronger than normal bandit, they are armed with spear and shield. Usually wear thicker armor. Always come in either a pair or group of 5.
    5. Bandit Captain– [C-Rank]
      They are the one that are tasked with commanding the small cell of bandit. Usually having either a larger body build or an expert martial artist, they are not to be underestimated. Protected by at least 2 Bandit Guard. Wield either large sword or large axe and wear heavy armor.
    The Violet Ivory Gang (Elephant-kin Bandit)
    The Violet Ivory Gang is a bandit group that consists of elephant-kin warrior. Ruthless and brutal, this gang is rumored to be able to reduce a village to ruins in just a few minutes. Their signature is the violet clothes they tied to their tusk.
    1. Elephant-kin Grunt – [E-Rank]
      The grunt built up the majority of the Vuiolet Ivory’s army. They are slow, but pack a lot of punch. They use either a large axe or sword. They don’t use any armor since their tough hide is more than enough to protect themselves from enemy attack.
    2. Elephant-kin Juggernaut - [D-Rank]
      The Juggernaut is the stronger of unit of the Violet Ivory. Armed with heavy club that only their kind can use, they will charge toward the enemy rank fearlessly. Just like the Grunts, they don’t use armor, relying solely on their thick hide to protect them from any enemy attack. They are immune to normal arrow.
    The Blood Stripe Gang (Tiger-kin Bandit)
    The Blood Stripe Gang is one a bandit group known for their speed. Due to the fact that it consists of tiger-kin warrior, they are able to get to their post to ambush or rob someone very swiftly. Almost all of their member wear a red armband whenever they go on their hunt.
    1. Tiger-kin Raider – [E-Rank]
      Agile on their feet and armed with the swords, they are the backbone of the Blood Stripe’s army. They can reach their enemy in no time before slashing onto them and pull away before the enemy can even counter them. Always go in group.
    2. Tiger-kin Berserker – [D-Rank]
      The Berserker is the main attacker of the Blood Stripe. They are much faster than the Raider and can decimate a group of enemy with their trusty spear and axe. Unlike the Raider, they attack alone. But they will stop at nothing as if they are possessed by the war god himself. Armored much better than the Raider.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Naraku, AliceShiki, ghjk and 17 others like this.
  13. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Accompanied by the sound of propeller, a large object broke apart the cloud formation as it went through them. One could see lots of people on the deck of that object. Yes, that large object is none other than the Guild’s battle airship owned by their Guildmaster, Shadow. Near them there are two more airship bearing the emblem of the Guild. And on board of those large airships are a large number of adventurers that are armed to their teeth.

“Master Shadow, we are going to arrive in a few hours.”

“Good,” said the man dressed in dark outfit to the source of that mechanical voice. “Maintain our speed and maintain our cloaking magic to level 2. Keep us informed.”

“As you commanded, Master Shadow,” said Arkley with his usual mechanical voice and followed by his trademark mandible clapping. The giant spider then left the premises, returning to its place.

“Hmm? What is it, Ms. Miu?” asked Shadow to the bunykin agent that was looking at Arkley’s direction with a rather amazed expression.

“How…what is he?”

“That? He’s Arkley,” answered Shadow with a matter-of-factly tone.

“Arkley? He is a….”

“A mechanical construct. A golem, if you want to be more precise.”

“A golem? Construct?...wait…he was built by someone?”

“Yes,” said Shadow accompanied by a single nod. “I did.”

“…I see….”

“Well, don’t mind the detail~ All you need to do is guide us toward your clan’s city. What its name again?”

“Fujira. The Seaside City, Fujira.”

“Ah, yes, yes. I guess that’s why you managed to get into a merchant ship, eh?”

“….yes…”

Ignoring her rather weak response, Shadow moved to a nearby table and then pulled out a small map. He spread it open and read the map.

“So judging by this map, it’s this, right?” asked Shadow while pointing to a certain location on the map.

“Yes, correct.”

“Good~! Get ready to convince your clan leader, okay~?”
    -----------------------------------------------------------------​
    “Master Shadow, we will arrive in an hour.”

“Good~! Prepare for landing then~!”

“As you commanded, Master Shadow,” said Arkley with his usual mechanical voice. But unlike the times before, the mechanical spider stopped before it moved away. “Master Shadow, we found trouble.”

“…what?”

“Please take a look at the town.”

Hearing his aide’s report, Shadow quickly ran toward the front most part of the airship. Seeing that the usually calm Guildmaster ran like that, a sudden feeling of worry came into Miu’s mind. She followed him and stood next to figure of Shadow that has pulled out his spyglass toward their destination.

“…Ms. Miu…I’ve got…bad news…”

“W-What is it?”

“It seems that the city is…being attacked…”

“A-A-Attacked!? How!? By who!?”

“You tell me,” said Shadow as he passed his spyglass toward her. “Look at it and tell us.”

Fearing for the worst, Miu took the spylass and timidly looked toward her clan’s city. Immediately after she saw what happened, her two ears stood straight on their place.

“B-B-Bandit!? And…so many of them!?”

“I see. So they are not an enemy clan then?”

“N-No…but they are as strong as a minor clan. They are…considered to be a very dangerous group that we once had to stop them from making a full-fledged rebellion to the Emperor.”

“Ho? Tell me about them.”

“We have no time!” shouted Miu toward him. “We have to save the city!”

“And that’s precisely why we need to have that information, Ms. Miu,” said Shadow with a calm expression unfitting of the current situation. “Give us the information and we’ll take care of the rest.”

“….Y-You’re right…I apologize for my outburst…”

“Understandable. Very understandable. Now let’s start, shall we?”
    ---------------------------------------------------------------​
    The whole city of Fujira is in a very bad condition. The whole city has been taken over by the bandit’ army. Killing and more killing filled the city as the meager amount of defense force tried their best to repel the invader. But alas, they are outnumbered.

And at the port part of the city, a group of soldier were struggling to keep the massive amount of bandit from entering the port. Each second passed, the soldier’s group kept being reduced one by one while courtesy of the bandit’s sword. In the other hand, the bandit’s group keep getting reinforcement, making them seems to be an endless army.

“Ugh….where is the reinforcement!?”

“There are none!” shouted one of the soldiers wearing a battered armor. “They are too busy trying to defend the castle!”

“They have reached the castle!?” The first soldier’s face paled as he heard that. “It’s over….”

“Don’t stop! We have to do what we can, brother!”

“What can we do?”

“….Survive….And if not, may we die in honor!”

“…Heh! I like that.” A mocking laugh came from the two of them. “I guess that’s all we can do.”

“Yes, that’s all we can do. They will know the consequences of trying to invade the Masayori’s land!”

“For the Masayori!”

“For the Masayori!”

Then a loud sound of explosion filled the area accompanied by a large cloud of dust that blocked their view. As the two last remaining soldiers covered their eyes, they were questioning what has happened. The two opened their eyes and the sight in front of them made their eyes widened.

The once large group of bandit has been reduced to a large group of corpses. On the ground they could see a black scorch mark and a small crater. Not a single one of the bandit in front of them is alive.

“…what happened?”

“W-W-W-W-What!? B-Behind us!?”

“What’s behi-WHAT IS THAT?!”

Their eyes widened much more to the sudden appearance of a large ship that floats on the pier area. Before they could say anything, the hatch on that large ship opened and a man with a wide smile appear.

“Okay, ladies and gentlemen~! Our first mission in this new land! Rescue the city! Let’s not make our client wait.”

Sound of cheers and loud warcry filled the area while the adventurer behind him also raised their weapons, showing their eagerness to start their first work.

“Follow the plan, got it?” asked Shadow while pulling out his trademark crossbow. “ALL PERSONNEL! CHARGE!!!”
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    !!-RAID IS OPEN-!!
    Announcement! Current condition!
    • The E-D ranked member will stop the bandits in the city. Save everyone you can find.
    • The C ranked member will go straight to the gates and secure them from the enemies.
    • The B-A ranked member will go keep the enemy from reaching the wall. You are permitted to go outside the city wall, but don’t go too far. Focus on clearing the area around the outer wall.
    • As usual, read the rules on the 1st page and follow it.
    Special Notes:
    • Starting Point: Port Area
      All member will have their starting point exiting the airship that are docked on the port area of Fujiwara Town.
    • Special condition : Power Restriction
      Due to it being a new land for us, don’t show your most powerful attack. Restrain yourself as best as possible. But do use it when your life is in danger.
    • Special Mechanism : Gate Securing
      We can only ‘secure’ each gate after we reached a certain post number. There are 3 gates (North, East, and South). The 1st will need to reach 30 posts. The 2nd gate will be 20 posts after the 1st gate. And the 3rd and last gate will need 20 points after the 2nd gate. Put the number of the post in the bottom most part of your post.

NiQuinn, AliceShiki, Nurman and 14 others like this.
  14. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    Jin sees the Bandits attacking the villagers, his face grimaced full of anger. He quickly jumps the ship and runs towards the Fujiwara Town.

Sanie: "Master Vodka... Please Wait!!!"
    Bernard: "That's our Master, quickly follow him!!"
    Lavri: "....Roger"
    The Kobold followers of Jin followed him quickly.

"FIGHT ME!!!!" Jin uses his [Taunting Howl] to attract all the aggro of the bandits composing of Bandit (Peasant) , Bandit and Bandit Archer. All the bandits' anger suddenly targeted Jin and started to attack him.

[Sadism Skill is triggered: Stats is increased, Torture skill is unlocked, Pain Tolerance increase, Guilt is decreased. Duration is 5 min by judging the severity of enemies' sin, the target is many.]
    [Total duration: 30 minutes]​

Jin didn't hesitate to kill the bandits with his large ax as he lures them away from the villagers.
    "COWARDS!!! FIGHT YOUR OWN SIZE!!" Jin shouted to more bandits running around pulling all the aggro.

"MASTER!!!" the Kobolds Children shouted.
    "You guys secure the villagers first!! I'm gonna keep luring the enemies away" Jin shouted at them as he keeps using [Taunting Howl] aggroing the bandits.

As the Bandits follows Jin cursing at him. Jin proceeds to head to the archers. The Bandit Archers tried to shoot their arrows at Jin but he only lifted his tower shield to block it.

Jin proceeds leap above the Archers and slam his ax from above, "DIEEEEEEEEE!!!"
    Some of the Bandit Archer quickly dies but some survive. Jin was surrounded by the Bandits and Archers.
    Nowhere to run...

Jin smiled knowing he aggroed a lot of bandits towards him saving some of the villagers. He just hope his Kobold followers were fine guiding the villagers . Jin just taunt his opponents and take his stance, "Bring it on you low lives"

1/30

Nurman, Kuma Desu, Quaesitor and 9 others like this.
  15. Kroenen

Kroenen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A colleague once said to him that you can’t spell slaughter without laughter…or wasn’t it the other way around? Kroenen didn’t care really, it won’t matter anyway for the ones who will be put under the lash of his guns and artillery and his job is quite important.

A town occupied by an army of brigands means that civilians and hostiles are mixed with each other, a complicated scenario that can be solved by specialized tools. Kroenen jumped off the balcony of the airship he was boarding 50 feet above the burning city and used his grappling pistol to slow the descent. Landing on the rooftops with a roll he reached for the grenade launching pistol holstered on the back of his hip and loaded it with a 40mm grenade with a projectile painted in bright green, riot control grenades laced with CS gas started belching ominous white smoke that slowly blankets the streets. With a megaphone in hand he started addressing the people down below, the high pitch cry of the contraption made both bandits and the citizenry pause.

“Citizens, please evacuate indoors, secure any possible entrance and keep your heads down. Anyone that has no ability to comply will be assisted; anyone who refuses to comply will be politely persuaded. As for the bandits, surrender to the local authorities and you will be treated fairly and humanely, run and you will be hunted down and bludgeoned to submission, fight and you will be dealt with accordingly.”

Dropping down to street level the door of the building he was on top with bursts open and a group of five armed men started pouring out carrying whatever they’ve looted inside, the one in front has a young lady screaming and wailing on his shoulders.

“Who the fu-”

The presumed leader of this small group wasn’t even finished with his question when Kroenen reached under his greatcoat to liberate the Browning Hi-Power holstered within and leveled it to his groin, a pair of the pistol’s battlecry resounds followed by the howls of anguish of the bandit. He dropped the hostage which quickly crawled away and curled herself on the sidewalk in terror of the brewing confrontation. The other bandits gawked at the sudden attack and stared at their leader that was squirming on the pavement and howling in pain, once the shock at the unfolding events and the realization caught up their face contorted in anger before beginning to drop what they have pillaged and raising their weapons.

There are still four of them; eleven 9mm hollowpoints in his magazine, means that there two for each. At this range, it's impossible to miss.

The howls of pain recede into groans of anguish as the bandit leader hears the sound of heavy steel-toed military boots closing in on him, raising his head he saw the figure clad in black walking towards the girl he planned on having his way with. He reached one of his hands to him as if to beg for mercy, the last thing he saw was the business end of the masked man’s gun.

2/30

16. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    In an open area, a woman is running away with a few of her children. Panting due to exhaustion for running so long. Behind them are bandits chasing after them, weapons drawn.

"Come back here! We just want to 'play' with you and your children! Take the easy way or we'll kill you!" The bandits trying to scare them into submission.

Seeing the bandits scary appearance, one of the children doesn't notice and trips over herself. Before she can get up to run away again, one of the bandits steps on her back. Instantly pressuring her to the ground again.

"What bad luck, if you stopped running in the first place, this wouldn't have happened. Time to die now." Smiling, the bandit takes out one of his swords and prepares to decapitate her.

The child could only utter a few words. "...Someone...help...me."

As she says this, the pressure on her back is gone. She looks up to see who did it and sees a young man. Holding a sword and a head in his other hand. Razogul looks down and sees the child look up at him. He smiles and only says a few words.

"I am here...don't worry." Razogul reassures her and looks at the rest of the bandits.

The bandits glare at him aggressively. Showing bloodshot eyes with their weapons ready.

"I don't know who you are, but you'll die for what you did! Char-" Before he could finish his sentence, his head rolls onto the floor. His body soon following afterwards with blood coming out.

"Stop talking you murderers...your life ends here now." Before he can talk, a bandits raises his sword and chops down. Aiming for his arm.

"Die!" Chopping down at him, however all that happens is it ricocheting off him. Shocked, he looks at Razogul and feels fear. Razogul seeing this frowns and slices his sword, chopping his body in half.

"No...way..." These were the last words he said before Razogul raised his leg up and stomped down. Crushing his skull without effort.

The child seeing this is shocked and can't move. She looks over and spots Razogul pointing to a direction.

"Go back to your family, I'll take care of this."

"Thank...you..." She goes off and starts running in the direction. Hopefully reuniting with her family soon. Razogul smiles at this and looks back angrily.

Seeing more of them come, Razogul starts laughing.

"Great...time to get rid of you."

"You're the one who'll die! Kill him everyone!"

They all charge towards him attempting to kill him. However, after a few minutes, only 2 people remain out of the large group. Seeing they have no other option, one of them tries to run. Razogul dashes and slices off his head, landing onto the other bandits lap.

"Who are you! Where do you come from! Is this a dream!?"

The bandit starts spewing out endless questions towards him.

"Razogul, I'm from the adventurers guild. Also...this is reality." He grabs his skull and crushes it instantly.

"Hmm, the only real problem was that leader they had. I sensed something in him that was different...oh well. It was probably nothing in the end."

Seeing his job was done, Razogul goes to where Kynn, Yoru, and Sen are.

3/30

Nurman, Kuma Desu, Quaesitor and 8 others like this.
  17. Balthazzar

Balthazzar 『Reformed Member of NuF Society』

Reading List:
    Link
    Entering the port area after exiting the airship, the fresh smell of copper drifted from outside the northern wall. As a B-ranker, my job was to defend the gates or at least that’s what I think Shady said to do. He gave us an extremely ‘detailed’ map listing the 9 important locations of this particular raid.

It even listed the camps of the bandits, which made me wonder why we don’t just smash their base but I’m not the shotcaller so I’ll just stick to my role. Reaching a proficient level in my portal opening, I no longer needed any preliminary motions to open one. Space simply opened beneath my feet and it looked like I had sunk into the floor. In reality though, I had simply teleported to the area in between the South and East Gates. Outside the wall, bandits were roaming around trying to get their way up here.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t proficient enough to do my next action like breathing and I let out a few complicated looking hand motions. Bandits that were climbing the wall were suddenly knocked off into portals below. If you looked carefully, you could see them being spit out at the bottom of the wall.

Jumping off the tall wall, my landing cracked the ground slightly but it was of no notice to me. Some bandits were getting gutsy and came after me as I devised ways to deal with them. Decimating them simply wasn’t fun and I did need to practice some skills. So after getting a rough idea of what I wanted to do, I clapped my hands together and welcomed the incoming bandits.

An axe was coming for my head and a mocking grin lit up my features as a rip in space appeared in front of the attack and the bandit halted his movements. Falling to the floor, I could see a gash on the back of his head which split his skull nearly in half. The attack was from an axe, and thus my intentions were revealed.

Not noticing anything strange about their fallen comrades, a wave of bandits came over and I walked through them calmly. Flashes of weapons were seen heading my direction before screams and blood split the air. The sounds of metal tearing through wind did nothing to impede the sounds of death. If I was to be technical about it, I wasn’t the slaughterer, they were slaughtering themselves after all.

That grin persisted throughout the entire ordeal and after the wave of bandits came to an end a fanatical look came into my eyes as my understanding of this spatial skill skyrocketed. Seeing what looked like a regiment of bandits in the distance I waved my hand slightly and they disappeared, only to reappear in front of me.

Now that the playing field was set up once more, it was time for the toys to fulfill their role. Some of these toys made it past me but they were insignificant beings and I left it up for the others to handle as I carried out my training. Though if I was to be completely serious, there was something satisfying about having them all kill each other.

4/30 + Less pressure for South and East gate for the next 5 posts.
    OOC: They gotta learn to stop coming into my field of view sometime right?

18. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Those are some unusual folks down there."

I offhandedly said while pointing toward the chaos under.

Currently I'm seated on a rather conspicuous ark shaped like a kraken, with random creature's head sprouting from the tentacle tips. Good thing the guild ship dwarved it in size while being so much closer to the ground and thus attracted all attention. Yep, there's totally nobody that pointed this way screaming about flying demon.

Anyway, the ark was made fully from nature magic. I can freely manipulate the tree's shape, there's plenty of natural coloring I can generate, and my telekinesis easily supported the most impractical of shapes. As for the reason I'm doing this?

I spent past few years travelling with my cutest and most adorable mermaid daughter. She's next to me sipping fresh coconut in fact, and whenever she saw any cute creatures she'd ask me to create their head to our ark. And before you ask, manticores and steel centipedes and doppelgangers are totally cute, end of story.

So since the guild is going toward a new continent, I tagged along. Whether Shady knows about my presence isn't important.

Now that we're here, might as well help abit. While creating ice sculpture of the many different races I saw below for Vhera to pick, I waved a hand toward the overwhelmed wall. The guild seems to support the defending side after all, so this'll stop more people from pouring in.

The magical burst was concentrated, that I doubt anyone around could even feel it. That being said, the effect was sufficient as a massive glacier burst and rapidly solidfied. A wall of ice three times larger than the city wall now surround the settlement, filled with gleaming spikes jutting outward while being harder than conventional steel. That should do for now, I think?

E: This should be 5/30. Nobody will enter or leave anytime soon. Mwahahahaha, I iz back!

19. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    (Gabriel, still sitting at the tavern, watches the ensuing chaos thanks to a treasure that links his vision with his subordinates. He snorts, twisting his face into a snarl)

Huh. It sees that things aren't being handled in quite the effective way. Lee.

<Master.>

Order the Demons to at least guard the civilians. Though we can't watch everywhere, make sure to lighten the load the young ones have to bare.

<Yes.>

(And like that, the Undead disappears quickly outside to send word. Gabriel returns to his drink. He watches as his soldiers move out. For a force that is commonly guarding the flying city, surely some could be spared. A small contingency of about 20 Lesser Demons now join the battlefield in order to alleviate the danger. He also begins preparation for calling his flying ship)

Hah...and I just wanted to rest.

(While watching the fight, Gabriel's eyes slowly close. Though he is asleep, his stance appears awake. Soft snores come from the bar)

6/30

AliceShiki, shad12ow, Nurman and 11 others like this.
  20. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    "Well, here we are."
    Cracking his neck (with a mild groan as he did it wrong) , Hubo took a moment to survey the port.

It was plainly and simply -a bloodbath. Soldier and raider fought to even hold on to their lives, and every moment that passed, at least one either each side fell.

Hubo's expression was neutral, although in his heart he saw how dire it all was.
    "Such chaotic situation.... The potential destruction these low-lifes could be doing, if they've pushed this far..."

He quickly made his way to the scene of the battle, but instead of directly charging in,he went into a safer corner instead, where he took a moment to quickly take out his item box.
    From the item box, there were a few small crates.

And from the crates, there were many bombs, stacked neatly in rows.

"Figured I should prepare more for more large-scale situations like this. The guildmaster is awfully nice when it comes to things like these for some reason...well, I shouldn't be surprised."

Slowly taking out a bomb and looking at it, suddenly-

"Har!" Right off the bat, a Tiger-kin came right behind him, his axe lifted and his spear hoisted, as he let out a fierce, crazed roar.

This was a bandit all right. A berserker.

"What?" Caught a bit off guard by the sudden appearance of the berserker, Hubo instinctively hurled the bomb in his hands straight at him.

"You will- WHA-" KA POW

...As expected, the results were quite messy.

Before the berserker had anymore time to truly process what was happening, he was now no more but fleshy and bloody splatter.

Hubo didn't know whether to laugh or cry seeing the grisely remains of the berserker.
    "Wow...getting spotted by a berserker behind the lines the moment I get off?! I should buy a lottery ticket these days... wait, that statement doesn't seem right..."

Putting his thoughts aside to take another moment to look at the corpse, he poundered to himself a bit more.

"Although It isn't wasn't exactly the best usage of the bomb...at least I now know that these can pack quite the punch. Well, the guildmaster might be slightly nuts, but he pushes out only the best quality stuff, even freebies like these..."

After his short monologue to himself, he hurriedly moved the bombs from the crates, placing the bombs directly into the itembox so they were always within convienient reach while allowing him to properly defend himself in proper face to face engagements -like a bandolier, except somehow simultaneously more makeshift and better and the same time.

Simple things, but those are the ones that make life much easier.

"Well, I've spent enough time dilly-dallying here...there's no more time to waste. Every second could determine the life and death of a innocent... It's time to go."

7/30

AliceShiki, shad12ow, Nurman and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.