Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Gather 10 Moonlight Flower & 10 Healing Plants [ 50G | 1 x Rejuvenation Potion ]
    ================================
    Welcome back Pythy-chan!

*hugs* Seems like you have it rough... I understand your pain... Please hang on and try your best, if you keep getting sad because of it, your parents and brother will also get sad on the place they are now, so try to cheer up, okay?

And you should avoid drinking the water from magical lakes! You don't know what kind of effect they might have in you! What if something more serious had happened to you!? Be more careful Pythy-chan!

I'm glad you're safe and sound at least... Oh, and don't mind the time you took to clear it, we don't have a time limit for most of the guild's quests, so it's okay even if you take a bit longer to finish them, alright?

As the reward for clearing this, you'll get 50G and a Rejuvenation Potion!

Take care of yourself, hope you do well on your next quest!

((Don't worry about the time to complete the quests, some people *glares at @seriouslynope* take 2 months to finish their reports, it's not a problem to take your time to do it!

Remember, the guild is here for you to have fun! You don't need to force yourself to write quickly! \(^^)/ ))

2. Tang Tang

Tang Tang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 20 Slimes [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE2 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Goblins [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE6 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Wandering Rabbits [ 80 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD2 - D-Ranked - Slay 8 Rampaging Rhinos [ 80 G ]
    Great Plain - #SC1 - C-Ranked - Slay 5 Cyclops [ 150 G ]
    Great Plain - #GC1 - C-Ranked – Gather Cyclops Eye [ 150G | 1 x Earth Orb ]

SOLO

@LittleFox21

Quest 7: Training with Lizardmen
    ---First Day---

I’m going back to Kael Village first to let Kael, Loto, and Sae rest. Afterward I’m reporting to Guild Receptionist about my encounter with centipedes at desert mine.

The guild staff is promised that they will put countermeasure effort to hunt centipedes for safety of miners. With that promise I feel relieved and then I stop by at the tavern.

I coincidentally meet the guild master that currently drinking with adventurer. I buy a jug of ale and join them. In one of the conversation I told guild master Shadow that I want to find a way to make elder treant seed grow quickly. Then Shadow gave me a vial of his HE-growth potion to help the seed grow. I hope his potion is effective and doesn’t have side effect. Anyway, let’s try it as soon as I arrive at Kael Village. After receiving potion vial from Shadow, I drank more ale and enjoy the evening with fellow adventurer at the tavern before going back to Kael Village.

As soon as I arrived at the Kael Village, I go to the seed location and pouring HE-Growth Potion and also pouring most of my mana using [promote growth] until I feel a bit dizzy because my mana nearly depleted. Afterward, I go to bed at my house near where the seed is planted.

---Second Day---

At dawn, I’m engraving [mana gathering glyph] on 14 stone slabs that I got as reward from my quest completion. I will use formation of 1 stone slab as the center with refined earth crystal under elder treant seed, 5 stone slabs with earth crystals as inner circle, and 8 stone slabs as outer circle. After the formation is completed, mana are gathered slowly toward the formation, especially earth mana that is being discharged from mana crystal and in turn attracted more earth mana. I’m sure after period of time, the quality of earth in this formation is become excellent and can give the seed a good environment for the seed to grow. I left the seed with satisfied feeling.

I seek Kael to ask about village situation. He said that the harpies nest is almost done. Rainbow slime is healthy and happy with her home. Maybe, at near time villager can harvest rainbow slime gel. For Lizardmen villager, the youth is still training for basic fighting and is currently doing chores in village. With increased population, the village needs more efficient way to hunt or produce food. Other than that, the village doesn’t have any immediate problem.

Villager status such as follow: 8 Lizardmen Fighter, 13 Lizardmen women, and 22 Lizardmen youth. Building wise, there are 10 houses occupied, 22 empty houses, and another 23 that is still in broken state. For the fences, the wooded fence of 2 meters tall is already repaired and reinforced. The village is almost recovered after last Cyclops attack but still lacking on population.

I discussed with Kael about lizardmen youth. In my opinion, we can train them and give them job to tend little creature that can served as food source for the village. So I propose to give them each a wandering rabbit for their pet until they turn adult and can be a proper fighter.

Kael hearing my opinion is feeling eager and is agree to my proposal. The youth can gain experience from hunting and can help solve food problem that may arise if they only depend on hunting alone. I also think that they need to plant some fruit tree, but that’s for later time.

After the discussion ended, I’m going to the guild for taking some quest located at the great plain. I take E-rank slaying quest as I will train the lizardmen youth to kill some slime, goblin, and wandering rabbit. I also take D-rank slaying rampaging rhino quest as I’m planning to make them as lizardmen fighter mount so they can carry more stuff with them when they go hunting. And rampaging rhino also can be nice addition to their overall power.

Then lastly, I pick C-rank slaying Cyclops and gathering Cyclops Eye quest. According to the quest, Cyclops is reported seen at the hill north of Kael Village. I take this quest in hope prevent same incident between Cyclops and Kael Village is happening again in the near future. We need to kill any wandering Cyclops near Kael Village. Afterward, I go to the market to buy some tools for my house and Kael Village before get back to Kael Village.

At the village, I and Kael are gathering 8 lizardmen fighter and give them my iron spear and spiked mace. We told them that we will take the youth to hunt some e-ranked monster to make them gain experience. Then I also told them that later I will take them to find mount and hunt some Cyclops. Their eyes are full of anticipation hearing they will each get a mount and for the opportunity revenging their deceased friend and family. The lizardmen fighters are dispersing to prepare their equipment while I train Lizardmen youth to hunt E-rank monster.

Lizardmen youth needs gain experience to grow and become adult form. Any creature can choose to grow slowly as the time goes by or they also can choose to grow fast but with more risk, that is to gain experience trough battle. When a creature is battling, even better in death or life situation, the heat of battles is stimulating mana intake and circulation within their body. In turn, the mana circulated more smoothly and became purer. That is when their growth is spurting, fastening their growth time. That is my hypothesis on why E-Rank creature doesn’t extinct even they are in the lowest food chain with almost every day being hunted and killed. They are on constant death or live situations that push their growth as high as possible besides their reproduction rate is astonishing as well. Higher the creatures rank, they encounter less death or live situation and that make them grow at slower rate than the creature with lower rank than them.

Later at evening Kael, Loto, Rhino, Sae, and myself are lead 22 Lizardmen Youth to hunt monsters.

Before we begin our hunt I, with Kael help, is explain briefly on how we human, hunt as group. It will different with how Lizardmen hunt and with some assimilation they can take the best part of each style to make them more adaptable in battle. Although I’m not an expert of this field, but I still can explain the basic for this children. For more conservative formation there will be a guard, long range, middle/short range damage dealer, and a support. Every addition in the group can take either role depend on situation or their capabilities. And I also explain briefly about weapons. Because there is no lizardmen mage currently in this village, so it will be substituted with archer.

I split them to five groups with two of them have five members based on their weapon of choice or fighting style. The composition of each group as follow: One with sword/mace, two with spear, one with bow and for five man party, either plus one with sword/mace or one with bow. Kael and Rhino are supervising two groups of five, while I and Loto are supervising the other three groups. And to make them more eager, I promised to give each member of the best group a new weapon. After hearing my promise and remembering the weapon I gave to the lizardmen fighter, they cheered up and motivated.

We begin our first hunt with slimes. At first their cooperation are a mess, just to kill one slime with four people they need relatively long time. But after 10 or so slimes their cooperation began to form and fluent. They begin to know their role on the group and matching their attack with their friend. Not long after, they can handle two slimes at a time (sometimes we still need to intervene to save them).

The last training session with slimes, 2 of Kael group fighting with 5 slimes while 3 of my group are fighting with 10 slimes at once. I’m boosting them up with buffs before their battle to make sure they are safe. I just need them to experience fighting with larger group. The result is, even though this battle is testing their coordination one again, with few mistakes here and there the still can manage kill all the slimes with minor injuries. And I’m quite satisfied as two of lizardmen youth shows leadership talent as the two of them naturally can put each of their group together and lead them on the last battle. Their name is Groot and Kuox. I promised the two of them with leather armor. The other lizardmen youth approving Groot and Kuox talent are cheering for them with respect.

I told them to rest for a while before we move to our next training target, the goblin. For goblins, I split them into two groups each have eleven member with Groot and Kuox each become their leader.

Goblins are often moves in group, so I told each group to handle up to three goblins at a time. If the goblin happens in a group of more than six, I will handle the rest of goblins. After wandering on near lake area, we found four goblins that are hunting a deer.

Two group of Lizardmen youth are charging at the goblin fearlessly. Seeing many lizardmen youth coming to them the goblins tried to run, but Loto readily using his vines to ensnare their legs giving lizardmen youth chance to come closer. After the goblins got surrounded, Loto let go his vines and let them battle. I, Loto, and Kael is watching nearby so we can help them if they will take a fatal attack, but we are ignoring any minor injuries they took.

The battle took some times as although the goblin is less in number by much, they are using their battle experience to make up their number. So the goblin still managed to inflict injuries on several lizardmen youth. And for the lizardmen youth, they are lack of battle experience so their formation inflexible and they having hard time to adapt on various change of battle situation created by experienced goblins. Fortunately, Groot and Kuox are steadily getting better at commanding their peers making their group became more efficient at handling enemies. Overall, this battle is a success as no lizardmen youth has serious injuries.

We are having few more battles with goblins while taking break after each battle to recover lizardmen youth stamina and getting healed by me. After the fifth battle, I saw their concentration decreased considerably so I decided to call it a day, praised them, and lead them back to the village.

Today hunt we manage to kill around fifty slimes and thirty goblins. As for the loot are taken by the lizardmen youth. Especially we collecting all goblin iron equipment so we can re-forge the iron into various tools needed by the village.

---Third Day---

The next day, I gather the lizardmen youth again. But today I will get them a wandering rabbit each. They can help the adult to solve food problem by let their wandering rabbit breed and produce more docile offspring to be livestock. Also their original wandering rabbit pet can serve as battle companion to hunt E-rank creature or forest animals. That is my plan for them.

Like yesterday, the 22 plus 4 of us is searching for wandering rabbit. I let lizardmen youth choose their wandering rabbit and made soul sigil between them. While the rest wandering rabbit is killed by them for food stock and I collect 10 of rabbit ear as a proof to the guild. After all the lizardmen youth have their new pet, I let them hunt and familiarize themselves with their pet for a while before we’re going back to the village.

At the village I told them to let their pet mating and keep them around the village.

When I checking the seed I saw it is already sprouted. But the problem is the grass around it is also grew fast. So I told Kael to cut the grass before affecting the seed sprout.

I also give a briefing the Lizardman Fighter to prepare to hunt Cyclops tomorrow. For today we will hunt rampaging rhino and make some of them as their mount.

….

We hunted total twenty rampaging rhino today. I take role as support as always, casting shield, heal, and sometimes offensive spell. While Loto is taking role as middle range attacker with his vines is attacking or restricting rhino movement. And Kael is taking lead other lizardmen fighter in the front.

Trying to capture the rhino alive is proven harder than to just kill them. So, twelve rampaging rhino is dead whilst fighting with us and the other eight is successfully captured and created soul sigil with them. Lizardmen fighter will need a period of time to tame the rhinos completely because the rhinos saw them hunted other rhinos before got bounded by a sigil.

We go back to Kael Village with rhino meat to be processed as rations. Lizardmen women received the meat and swiftly started to process it all. After handed rhino meat to the women, all lizardmen fighters use the rest of this day bonding with their new mount.

I use my time to teach lizardmen youth with my basic herbalist knowledge and use my healing flower to demonstrate how to make quick emergency healing medicine that will be useful when they hunt later. I also tell them to let their rabbit eating the wild grass around elder treant seed sprout. That will solve my weed problem while they will have food to feed their rabbit pet. Loto currently stand by to tend and protect the seed.

Lastly, I also pours my mana [promote growth] the harpies egg. But, they seem will not hatch anytime soon but I will still try until they hatched… On the night I studied ancient glyph scroll until I go to bed.

---Fourth Day---

Early in the morning we gathered in front of the totem. Groot and Kuox is also there by my order. Officially, they will be our porter. But my purpose bringing them is to let them see how we hunt the Cyclops for their experience.

After our preparation is complete, we are going north to the place reported from information at the guild. On a certain hill, we saw one Cyclop roasting a pig. We approach the cyclop slowly from behind him. Apparently he so engrossed with his roasted pig that he didn’t noticed us.

We, fully buffed, are launching our attack.

=Third Person POV=

Loto is [taking root] and [ensnare] the cyclop. Lizardmen archer is firing his bow that already smeared with Loto [paralyzing spore]. Kael and other melee fighter are charging bravely with [wind shield] protection that I cast on them before. And I’m firing my [wind blade] at his leg, trying to shave his mobility.

The Cyclop with his leg ensnared is throwing his pig to the fighter then take his club beside him while struggling to break free from Loto vines. Several arrow hits him while he concentrated on Loto vines but the power is not enough to penetrate deeply because of clycop thick skin.

By the time the cyclop manage to shake Loto vines off, three lizardmen already in front of him brandishing their spear to him. He swung his large club and deflecting all attacks. Several more arrows come to him but he’s just ignoring it as arrows didn’t inflict much damage to him. Suddenly, a crescent shaped wind magic coming to his ankle and wounded him. His movement became hindered by the wound. And to his surprise, he feels his body heavier especially around the arrow that stuck on his skin. This made his movement became more sluggish.

All the attack that poured into him endlessly slowly increases his wounds until he can’t move and got finished by one of lizardmen.

==Dayuh POV==

At last, the cyclop is killed. Then we carefully kill four more Cyclops one by one and I take five of their eyes for the quest. At the end of our hunt, one lizardmen got a serious wound due his carelessness losing his focus at the end of battle, while the other seven only have minor injuries.

We go back to Kael Village with high morale, especially for super excited Groot and Kuox that witness their senior fierce battle against Cyclops. I hope Groot and Kuox get valuable experience that can serve as their motivation become stronger.

At the village, all lizardmen go straight to their house to rest. And I’m like yesterday, is still trying to hatching harpy eggs before take rest at my house.

---Fifth Day---

On the next day, I with Kael go to Floating City of Aterus to reporting my quest completion at guild receptionist.

Finishing my report, I go to the blacksmith to order a poisonous spiked mace using hornet sting, iron sword, iron spear, and a bow. I handed my iron ore to reduce material cost. I also find some leather master to order leather armor using my rampaging rhinos pelt for eight lizarmen fighter and two lizarmen youth. They said my order will be done in a week, so for now, I’m going back to Kael Village.

Loot:
    20 x slime core
    10 x goblin ear
    10 x rabbit ear
    8 x Rampaging rhino horn
    5 x cyclops eye

ooc:
    sorry a bit off this day

3. Totally Not A Clone

Totally Not A Clone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town - #GE1 - E-Ranked - Gather 10 Chickens [ 20 G |5 x Eggs ]
    Delta Town - #GE2 - E-Ranked - Clean Barnacles from hull [ 40 G]
    Delta Town - #GE3 - E-Ranked - Fish 5 Speedy Tunas [ 80G | 1 x Speedy Tuna Fillet ]
    Delta Town - #GD1 - D-Ranked - Gather 10 Lumber [ 100 G | 3 x Wooden Plank]
    Delta Town - #GC1 - C-Ranked - Trap 3 Giant Crabs [ 140G | 1 x Crab Meat ]
    Delta Town - #GC3 - C-Ranked - Recover Sunken Treasure [ 100 G | 1 x Mysterious Chest ]

The nyaid was finished nya, Nyi forgot to attack the boss and take the nyoot nya... Nyi can't believe Nyi lost this nyig chance nya!

At least Nyi won't have to nyeal with the nyugs again nya... No more nyugs nya...

Nyi guess Nyi'll take some quests nyaway from the nyorest to relax nya.

Let's see... Oh, this nyace looks nice nya! Nyi can play on the nyeach after finishing the quests nya!

Nyi got on the Nyeleport Gate and reached the Nyelta Nyown, Nyi will complete which nyest first nya? Hummm... Nyickens! I'll catch the Nyickens first nya! It seems quite nyeasy nya!

Nyafter getting on the nyace with the nyickens, I nyickly caught them nya, Nyi'm nyaster than nyem nya! Nyafter that Nyi went to nyeliver nyem nya!

"Nyi brought nye nyickens nya!"

"... What?"

"Nyickens! Nyere!"

"Just what are... Oh, chickens, you caught them for the guild, right?

Such a collection of crazy people... Oh well, at least you brought them, thank you for that, now if you excuse me, I have other things to do."

Nyest complete nya! Nyuch a nyeird nyerson though nya... Nye talked Nyeirdly nya, Nyi could nyarely nyunderstand nya!

Nyell, nyet's go to the nyext nyest nya! Nyi will choose... Nyeaning nye nulls nya!

Nyi nyastarted nyo nyun nya! Nyi nyas nyoing nyeally nyast nya! Nyalthough... Nyo nyeird nya... Nyings nyere nyeeing nyo nyet nyigger nya? Nyand nyarther nyaway nyas nyell nya? Nyat's nyappening nya!?

Alice will only speak and think in the form of nyas from now on, I'll write it normally though.

Also, there were some parts that were probably quite unreadable due to the big amount of nyas, so I'll be putting a translation of how the story went so far.

The raid was finished nya, I forgot to attack the boss and take the loot nya... I can't believe I lost this big chance nya!

At least I won't have to deal with the bugs again nya... No more bugs nya...

I guess I'll take some quests away from the forest to relax nya.

Let's see... Oh, this place looks nice nya! I can play on the beach after finishing the quests nya!

I got on the Teleport Gate and reached the Delta Town, I will complete which quest first nya? Hummm... Chickens! I'll catch the chickens first nya! It seems quite easy nya!

After getting on the place with the chickens, I quickly caught them nya, I'm faster than them nya! After that I went to deliver them nya!

"I brought the chickens nya!"

"... What?"

"Chickens! Here!"

"Just what are... Oh, chickens, you caught them for the guild, right?

Such a collection of crazy people... Oh well, at least you brought them, thank you for that, now if you excuse me, I have other things to do."

Quest complete nya! Such a weird person though nya... He talked weirdly nya, I could barely understand nya!

Well, let's go to the next quest nya! I will choose... Cleaning the hulls nya!

I started to run nya! I was going really fast nya! Although... So weird nya... Things were seeing to get bigger nya? And farther away as well nya? What's happening nya!?

Okay, that's done, now back to the actual quest! \(^^)/

I kept on running, but... It seemed like everything was really far nya? I wonder what's happening... What is that!?

A big shadow loomed over me, I jumped to the side and avoided it on the last moment nya! So scary nya!

I looked at it and saw... A big foot nya? No, it's... It's a giant nya! Why is there a giant here nya!?

Actually... Aren't the whole surroundings full of giants nya!? Where did they all come from nya!? And why is nobody doing anything about it nya!?

I kept on dodging the giants steps' nya! It was really scary nya! I did it until I reached a small alley nya... They won't find me here nya... Luckily there was this big building for me to hide in between nya... It's really big nya! Even those giants can enter this place nya! How come I never noticed it at all nya...?

It's really dangerous out there nya, might as well see what's in this alley nya... I started wandering through it a bit nya, until... A big sound nya! Who's there nya!?

I looked to my side and found a big black cat nya! A really big one nya! It was at least thrice my size nya! So big nya!

"You dare to intrude in my territory!? A child like yourself!? Prepare to suffer doom! Nobody comes into my place and goes away unharmed, for I am the great Caterberus, owner of the 7 great alleys, wielder of the claws of doom, able to pierce the very thick fur of the tailor shop, ruler of the nyagion of Delta Town-"

I can't believe it nya! Wherever I go I always find some sort of chuuni stupid enemy nya! I'm amazed I found none at the raid nya!

I better run while he is busy with being chuuni nya! I don't want to fight a giant cat nya!

Without waiting for him to finish his speech, I starter running as fast as I could nya, he seemed to notice and ran after me nya! Scary nya! He is catching up with me even though I have a cheat nya! Why nya!?

I went out of the alley nya, the giants were still here nya, but I kept on running nya, going in between the giants legs and feet I kept on moving forward nya!

"Ouch!"

I hit on something... It was a giant's leg nya! Scary nya! I looked up and saw... A girl nya? Seems like a smaller giant... But still too big nya! She is scary nya!

"lkfhasklasghleuuo"

"What was that nya? I couldn't understand nya!"

"tpwrierinvxbnksdh"

"Just what language is she speaking nya?"

She crouched down and approached her hand to me nya! Get away nya!

"tlhasljhaugais"

"I can't understand it nya! Speak my tongue nya!"

"pykjdsvksl"

Her tone seemed quite calm and amiable nya, I think she is trying to calm me down nya? She approached her hand again... I let her put it on my head nya... It was a really big hand, but she passed it through calmly and comfortably nya... It felt nice...

"It's good nya..." I purred a bit.

"hlsjhgashguir"

"I can't understand, but I think you're also happy nya?"

"lasnvla"

"Nya!? What are you doing nya!?"

She caught me on her hands and lifted me up nya! What will she do nya!?

"shdkljasruiohgw"

Her speech is always on an amiable tone nya... I think... She doesn't mean any harm nya? I... Alright, I'll let her take me nya... Feels safer than being in the middle of the giant's feet nya... As she brought me up and started moving, I could see the giant cat looking over nya, he stayed in the alley nya, I guess he is also afraid of the giants nya.

The giant girl went on walking for a while nya, she was talking to me in a cheerful tone while petting me nya, I tried replying, but we didn't reach any real communication nya... She seems happy though, I guess it's not as bad nya?

After some more walking, she reached a giant house nya, rather... All buildings I was seeing seemed giant nya, and all people seemed giant as well nya, just where did the normal people go nya? Did I get transported to another world nya? But everything looks so much like Delta Town nya... So mysterious nya.

She entered the house nya, seems like it's her home nya, she said something loud while entering nya... I guess she is telling whoever lives here that she arrived nya?

Before long a woman appeared nya, seems like the girl's mother nya, she seemed displeased at the girl nya, pointed fingers at me and talked in a heavy tone nya... The girl answered in a pleading tone though nya, after a while the mother seemed to resign and talked amiably to the girl nya... Seems like things were solved nya... Nya? She is getting her hand closer nya? What will she...? Oh, this feels good nya... She knows how to pet nya... Why am I being petted by them though nya? It's a bit weird to go petting other people like that nya... I can't understand anything nya...

The mother seemed to remember something nya, she pointed at me and a room of the house nya, saying something to the daughter nya, the little girl seemed to acknowledge it nya, and started walking with me nya... Where are we going now nya?

It didn't take long for me to discover nya, it's a bath nya, seems like her mother wanted her to give me a bath nya... How rude! I can bathe by myself nya! I don't need to be taken care like a stray child nya!

The girl put me on the ground and started to undress without a care in the world nya, is it really okay to undress in front of a complete stranger nya!? Even if we're both girls, it's still embarrassing nya! Once she was naked, she took me again and started heading to the bathtub nya, wait, I can bathe by myself nya!

... Nya? What's that nya? Is that... Just what is...?

There was a bronze mirror on the bath nya... I could see the girl and... The one she was holding nya... Which was definitely me nya... But... I was seeing a brown and white cat nya... Did I... Did I get turned into a cat nya?

Then... The giants... The reason I can't understand people talking... And they not understanding me... Is because I'm a cat nya? I... What do I do nya? I... I don't know nya...

The girl started brushing me on the bathtub nya... I think she was saying something nya, but I wasn't really listening nya... Not like I could understand anyway nya... What can I do nya? I can't go back to the guild as a cat nya... I can't fight anything or carry anything like this nya... I don't even know if I can still do magic like this nya...

It's all that goddess' fault nya... She shouldn't have turned me into a nekomata nya... I guess she ended up making me a full cat now nya...

The girl started poking my head nya... What's up with that nya? I turned towards her nya, she seemed... Worried nya? I guess it makes sense nya, I was looking really gloomy nya... I shouldn't make her worry at least nya.

I caressed my head against her a bit nya, purring a bit... She seemed to get happier nya... I'm glad nya, I'll keep at it for now nya, I shouldn't worry this girl over nothing nya.

After a bit more of that, she started playing with me nya... I ended up playing along nya, she seemed so expectant of it nya, I didn't want to see her disappointed nya, I ended up having fun, although... It was just... Playing as cat nya... Feels weird nya...

Once the bath was over, she dressed herself up and carried me again nya, she took me a few Gold Coins that were left on top of the table and went out with me nya, I still find it weird to see that gold is so common here nya, usually most commoners would deal with copper nya, but it seems like in all of the guild's territory, there is enough gold to make it a common currency nya.

Before long we were in the market nya, as she was walking, I could see her greeting plenty of people nya, seems like she knows most people around here nya... Probably lived around here her whole life nya... Must be nice nya, to have a place to stay and people that you can trust on to be by your side nya...

She reached a shop and talked with its owner nya, after a while he brought... A sturdy looking bow, sand, a bowel and... Cat food nya... She is... Buying the things to take care of me nya... I see... She picked me up on the street and is making me the family's pet nya... What should I do nya... I can't simply live like this nya, I need to do something nya... She'll only suffer if I leave her alone once she gets attached nya... I need to solve this soon nya...

The merchant called somebody from his shop nya, he pointed to the girl and in the direction of her house nya, the girl seemed flustered about it, but the merchant was insisting nya, in the end she seemed to accept his view nya.

A bulky man came and got the things the girl just bought nya, and started carrying them towards her house nya, she carried me at the same time right by his side nya... So he was taking the things for her in order to make things easier... Such a goodhearted person nya, it's quite a blessed neighborhood she lives in nya. I'm jealous nya.

Once we got at her home, she started preparing the things right away nya, while we were travelling I paid a bit more attention to her than before nya, I think she is around 8 years old nya, yet she already goes out on errands on her own nya... Seems like she is already well trusted nya, people probably don't have much time to play around on childhood nya... Even so, she seems quite happy with it nya... Maybe it's because it's the only thing she ever knew of nya?

Her house was a medium sized house nya, I guess her family isn't poor at the very least nya, it makes sense since her mother accepted that she raised a pet nya... I'm already viewing myself as the pet nya... This is tough nya...

She soon finished setting things up nya, there was a bowl with some cat food on the kitchen nya, as well as the sand box near the laundry nya, she beckoned me over to eat the cat food nya... I don't wanna nya... There should be a limit to how much I should go through nya...

The girl looked at me with expectant eyes, she kept on trying to show me it's safe... I don't wanna nya... Please let me be nya... She is putting her hand on the food nya, and is trying to feed it directly to my mouth nya!? No! Please don't nya! Give me a fish or something at least nya! Just not this nya!

She stopped nya... Nya? What is she... No, don't put that on your mouth nya!

I jumped at her hand and made her let go of it nya, I don't want to make this girl eat this kind of thing just to convince me it's safe nya! I'll eat alright? Just don't do it nya!

The girl seemed astonished at my sudden action nya, but I decided not to give her another chance and started eating nya... So embarrassing nya... Eating from a cat bowl nya... It doesn't taste as terrible as I imagined at least nya... I kept on eating until I felt full nya... I was actually quite hungry since it's been a while since my last time eating nya... So troublesome nya...

It seems she got happy that I ate it nya, there was still some left, but that wasn't a problem nya... Such a kind girl, she is willing to do a lot for me nya... I'm feeling really bad about it nya, I'm not someone that she should be caring like this nya, I should be the one doing quests and protecting her nya.

She then brought me to the sandbox nya, and pointed towards it... You can't be serious nya... Please don't tell me you expect me to do it right in front of you nya? At least give me a bit of privacy nya?

She brought me on top of it nya... And is looking directly at me... Don't do it like that nya, some cats need privacy nya... Please leave me alone at least for this nya...

I sat there and waited nya... She seemed to try and push me a bit towards it, but at least on this one, I didn't bulge nya... I couldn't do that nya, after a bit, her mother came again to check on things nya, she saw the scene and talked a bit with her daughter nya, after a bit of talk, they both left nya... I guess at least the mother understood me nya... I thanked her in my heart nya.

Well... This was quite a terrible thing, but... I had to do it in a litter box... So horrible nya, I hope nobody ever gets to know of it nya... I buried it within the sand to make sure it wouldn't smell too harshly and then went after her nya... I was feeling dirty, I can't even clean myself after doing it nya... And no way I'll go licking that part, I have my limits nya!

Once I reached her, she went back to the laundry straight away nya, checked the sandbox and noticed things were alright nya, she got happy and caressed my fur nya... At least this feels good nya... Still... I can't keep up with this for long nya...

Afterwards, she started playing with me a bit nya, I was getting really attached to her quickly nya... This was really bad nya, I couldn't simply do that nya, I need to become human... Or at least a nekomata back again nya, so as to become and adventurer again nya, I can't stay here playing nya... And I definitely can't live this life of having to eat on bowl and do my things on a litter box nya! I need a proper girl's life nya!

The playing didn't last long nya, she got up and told me something in amiable voice nya, then she went out of the laundry nya... I followed her for now nya, Once I did I saw... She entered a room that her mother was nya, it was fool of threads nya, her mother seemed to be working on them, and she started to help nya... I see, guess she needs to work since an early age nya, it's a harsh world nya... Even so, she seems quite happy nya.

This is my chance though nya, she is distracted, so I can leave nya, I feel bad for her buying the things to pet me nya, but I can't really stay here forever nya, I need to go back nya!

I left the room and looked for a window nya, they were all tall, but there were things close to them nya, I jumped on a cupboard and the to the window nya, I'm leaving nya, take care of yourself nya!

I jumped out of the house back to the streets nya, it wouldn't do to stay in the middle of the passage of all people since I'm a cat nya, specially because I seem to have the same size as a really young one nya, so there is a big danger of being kicked by the passersby nya!

To make sure this wouldn't happen, I climbed the nearby house nya, I still seemed to have some of my cheaty strength nya, so I could do it somehow nya, even if it was quite tough nya.

Once I was up there, I started to ponder on what to do nya... First things first, I guess I should try using magic nya, it's a good start to know my limits nya.

I tried making a simple icicle nya... And... Nothing nya... Not one bit... I tried simply making my surroundings a bit cooler, but even that seemd to not work nya... I seem to have completely lost my ability to make magic nya! That's terrible nya! What can I do in a cat's body if I can't even cast nya!?

I really can't do anything right now nya... I need to find that goddess nya, she should be able to turn me back nya... She didn't give me any way of contacting her though nya... How should I do it then nya?

"Nyanko! You stupid goddess nya! Come here and turn me back into a human nya!"

... Of course this didn't work nya... It would be too good if it was this easy nya... What then nya?

Maybe... That cat nya? It seemed to be quite big nya, and way too chuuni nya... I think it would be weird to find a super chuuni cat just out of nowhere nya, maybe he had some sort of relationship with the goddess that made him this chuuni nya?

I'm out of any other ideas, so might as well check that nya!

I ran down the house and started running towards that alley nya, I had to be careful to not be kicked by the passersby nya, but I was prepared this time nya, so I made sure to go very near the buildings to have less people near me nya! I'm pretty smart nya!

I could reach the alley without much trouble nya, now... Where was it again nya?

Turning here... Then there... Around that corner...

... I'm lost nya! I can't find him anywhere nya! What do I do now nya?

"Oh my, what is such a cute kitty doing all alone here?"

"Who is there nya?"

I turned around and saw... Wow, such a rugged cat... Must've been through a lot nya.

"Nya? What kind of crazy cat says nya at the end of their phrases?"

"It's force of habit nya! I can't really help it nya! I never wanted to start nyaning in the first place nya!"

"I see... You're really mad aren't you? Oh well, plenty of mad people out there in the world, what's the problem of having another? So, what's your business in this alley?"

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot nya! I'm looking for a cat goddess nya! Her name is Nyanko nya! Do you have any idea on how I could find her nya!?"

"A... Cat... Goddess?
    Just how many screws do you have loose?"

"I'm completely fine nya! I met her before nya! She was the one that first turned me into a nekomata, and now on a cat nya! I need to meet her to tell her to turn me back into a human nya!"

"I... You know what? I think I know somebody that can help you, why don't you just follow me for a bit?"

"Really nya!? I'm glad nya! I wouldn't want to stay like this forever nya!"

"Yeah, just come with me..."

I followed him nya, he seemed like a good cat nya, even if a bit weird nya! We went through some corners and tricky passages until we got into a bigger ground nya... Is that...

"Chuuni big cat nya!"

"Who the hell is calling me chuuni and big!?"

The black cat from before nya!

"Hey hey, this other cat said that you could help me nya!"

"Other cat? Where?"

"Right here nya-
    Where is he nya?"

"Are you playing me for a fool kitty, I'll have you know that nobody treats the great Caterberus as a fool, all that dared to, met their ultimate demise before long, for I-"

"Yeah yeah, I know the drill nya, at any rate, do you know any cat goddess nya? I'm looking for one named Nyanko nya!"

"How dare you cut the speech of the great Caterberus in the middle!? You once ran away in the middle of it, and now the lowly you is even daring to cut the great me!? If you keep on with this kind of insolence, I'll have no choice other than to-"

"Just answer already nya! I need to hurry nya!"

"Answer!? I'll have you get your answer then! Get her!"

A lot of other cats started rushing near nya!? Scary nya! Where did they all come from nya!? This just seems so much like your typical Mafia Boss nya! Why is there a chuuni mafia cat here nya!?

They quickly approached me nya, I jumped away from the nearest one and tried to run nya, but they surrounded me nya... That's bad nya!

I jumped into one of them, which promptly flew away nya, I hit another with my tail that made him fall down unconscious nya... Oh yes! I still have my cheat strength nya! Come at me nya!

"How dare you bring 2 of my followers down!? You will face retribution!"

The big cat jumped down nya, when it hit the ground... The ground shook nya!? I lost my balance nya!

The other cats attacked in the meantime nya, I tried dodging, but couldn't move properly nya, one hit me on the back nya! It hurts... I hit him with my tail nya, it flew away, but another one already got his place and scratched me nya... It hurts lots nya!

Why doesn't the ground stop shaking nya!? He already fell a while ago nya!!!

"Fool! You finally understand the might of the great Caterberus! My magic will make sure you won't be able to move properly, now feel the punishment deserved for insolent beings like you!!!"

Magic nya!? Why can he use magic, but I can't nya!? Ouch! Again, I was scratched again nya... It just hurts way too much nya...

I attacked a few more times, but there were too many cats nya, and I didn't have good footing nya... Why aren't they affected nya...?

The pain was too big nya... I can't... My vision is getting hazy nya... What will...?

"Alice!"

What... Who nya?

There were steps... Something... Someone is coming nya... The other cats scrammed nya... Who is...?

I was... Being lifted nya?

"fhnasjkgh Alice lashgauiuonkabr"

This voice... The girl nya? How did she get here nya? Is she... She's crying nya? And hugging me tightly nya... Seems like I worried her nya...

"slghauioasduigerinaigber"

I wish I could understand her nya... What is this nya? Healing... Healing magic nya? She knows it nya? That's... Quite incredible nya...

It lasted for a while, and I could feel my wounds closing nya... She fell nya? "What!? Why did you fall nya!? Did you faint from just enough energy for healing a small kitten like me nya!? Why did you overdo it nya!? Wake up nya!"

I kept on poking her and trying to move her nya... Why isn't she answering nya!?

"Well well, the knight in shiny armor came, only to fall on the spot... Needing the help of a human... Guess you're just a worthless cat after all... I guess we should just get rid of you now, and leave you in front of her body for her to notice how useless was all her effort."
    "Oh, why don't we also leave her scratched over as well? We would teach this stupid human not to mess with us, cats!"
    "Shut it! The Great Me, Caterberus, decided that this human shall be served as an example, to all other humans out there what happens when you dare to mess with our great cat empire! She and this small kitten will have the Death Sentence!"
    "Ooooooh!!! All hail the great Caterberus!"
    "Hail Caterberus!"
    "Ha... Cater..."

What was that nya...? I wasn't hearing them properly nya... Rather... Why is my vision getting... Red nya? I can't see properly nya... I can't hear properly nya... I just... I'm being... Why do I feel this urge to... To kill nya?

A cat approached nya, it was fuzzy, it was red nya, it was slow nya, I threw my claw at it nya, it stopped nya, fell on the ground nya.

Some noises on the background nya, they are loud nya, more cats nya, ground shaking nya, stopped cats nya, not moving nya, more and more cats stopped moving nya, all on the ground nya, why did they stop nya?

Big cat is turning around nya? It shouldn't turn around nya... I want... More nya.. MORE!!!!!!!

I rushed towards it, it seemed to open his mouth nya, I pierced his flesh nya, my mouth went through it completely nya, it was cut in half nya... Not enough nya, I still want more nya, give me more nya!

I ate it nya, it went completely inside me nya... Not enough nya, give me more nya, I need as much as I can nya, there are others nya, on the ground nya, I want them nya...

No more nya, no more to have nya... Human nya... It's stopped nya... I can... No... Not this nya... Not her nya... Get her nya... No nya... She is... Prey... Friend... Not enemy... Away nya, get out of my head nya!!!

My vision went back to normal nya... Pools of blood were scattered everywhere nya... I... I was completely covered by blood nya... The girl... She was also dirtied by it nya... There were no bodies though nya... Just what happened here nya?

More steps nya? Who is coming this time nya? Oh, it's... It's her mother nya, she is running her nya!

"sahjkdgfekwrjltbArialnvheuinein"

She held the girl on her arms nya, she is also crying nya, and... What is this look of hatred pointed towards me nya? Oh... The blood nya... No matter nya... I'm just happy she is alright nya...

"slvjAriaknrtuiasdfh"

An appeasing tone nya? She put her back on the ground nya? And... Is coming towards me nya? What is this... This killing intent nya? Should I run nya? But what then nya? What should I...?

"The girl is waking up nya! Turn around nya!"

She is getting closer nya... I... She will...

"alsdgnavweuu!"

The girl shouted nya! She is raising nya, the mother turned around and went after her nya... They started talking nya... A few times looking over here nya...

After a while, the girl came closer nya, what will she do nya? She crouched near me nya.

"slauiaegnadkj Alice Aaiaovnerao"

I... She put her hand out to me nya? But... "I'm all dirtied by blood nya? And all the cats are gone nya... Can I really come with you nya?"

"vareuiw Alice sadfoeawob"

Such a... Thank you little girl... I... I'm going back home...

I jumped unto her hand nya, she picked me up, not minding the blood and held me on her arms nya... I'm really... Thank you nya...

The girl kept on caressing me and talking to me on a pleasing tone nya, her mother looked at me with a mixed look nya, but... Didn't see really angered anymore nya... I'm glad nya... After a while they started walking back home nya, I kept on her arms the whole time nya we slowly moved forward nya, until getting back home nya... People were scared by the blood nya, but we didn't mind nya, the mother talked to those that asked nya, but me and the girl just kept on being together nya... I'm so happy nya... I'm really really happy nya...

We got back home nya, the mother talked to the girl nya.

"Aria askljdioua Alice kjlauiwer."

"avaeruidfhsrtjr"

Aria nya? I think I heard this word a few other times... Is it her name nya? It's a cute name nya...

She took me with her nya, taking care not to let the blood fall on the floor nya, oh, we're back at the bath nya, I guess it's the normal thing to do after getting dirty back home nya, she put me on the bathtub and quickly undressed nya, afterwards we bathed together nya. Aria kept on talking to me while we bathed nya, and I talked back nya, we didn't understand each other nya, but I was quite happy with it nya, I was happy being with her nya, I think she named me Alice nya? It's nice that I don't have to adapt to a whole new name nya, but I wonder what are the chances of her calling me the same name I already had nya?

Not that I mind it nya! I'll just enjoy this nya!

After getting out of the bath, she gave me some food again nya, this time I ate it without worries nya, I even went to the bathroom afterwards without caring much nya... Without her around of course nya, I have my limits nya.

Just then, I finally noticed it was already night nya? I guess I didn't notice it much because I was out for some time nya, she went to eat while I just kept on watching her nya, a man came as well now nya, I guess it's her father nya? He seemed happy to see Aria with me nya, I guess he also likes pets nya?

After they ate, we played a bit more before she went to sleep nya, she carried me with her nya, we slept together on the same bed nya! I'm happy by being together with her nya!

"valbqwuipt Alice"

Nya? I wonder what's that nya? Is it a good night wish nya?

"Good night Aria nya!"

She smiled, I guess she somehow understood it nya? She is really cute nya...

It's getting harder and harder for me to leave nya... I wonder why I got this attached nya? At the same time... I have to nya...

Nya nya? What is this nya?

"kjalv Alice vua~"

"Morning... Morning nya? Where am I... Oh, Aria nya, good morning nya!"

"uivriggroiuhkljnjka"

"Let's have a good day nya!"

"owrawerij Alice!"

Aria took me with her to eat breakfast nya, she did on the table, while I on the bowl... I still didn't like nya, but I could endure it nya, then she went on again to help her mother nya, I tried to sneak out again, but Aria paid a lot more attention nya, she didn't let me go out anywhere without her nya!

We did go out together a few times nya, but always together nya, to do errands nya...

A few days passed nya... I was out of clues nya, I couldn't go out alone, nor did I have any way of contacting Nyanko nya... What do I do nya? Should I just stay here like this nya?

2 weeks already nya... Aria's mother already seems to have forgotten about that whole incident nya, I got really attached to the whole family nya, I even got to learn a few more words as we played together nya, like "eat, catch, run, play" among a few others nya, also, her mother's name is Luna, and her father's Riki...

Been a month now nya... I'm really attached to Aria now nya... Why did I even wish to leave nya? I mean... I can be with someone I love, I have free food, lodging, don't have to worry about any danger... Feels like the perfect life nya, maybe I should stay here like this nya? I'm a bit sad about not being able to talk with her, but we've been able to get together so far, I'm sure we'll be able to keep at it nya.

She is going to out nya, is it for groceries nya? I want to go as well nya!

I hopped on near and she petted my head nya, then we started heading out together nya, Aria already lets me walk by her side nya, instead of needing to be carried on her arms nya, I did like being carried, but it's nice having some more freedom nya!

We were going through the market and were taking a few things nya, oh! There is a nice fish smell coming from there... I wonder if I can get Aria to get it for me nya? I don't want to keep on eating catfood all the time nya, some fish would be nice nya!

"Aria, I'm going over there for a bit nya!"

"anrwrlker Alice vadnlon?"

Oh, good she replied nya! I will take that as a yes nya!

I ran towards the direction of the fish nya, huuummm, smells good nya... I really want to eat some of this-

"vaiewruio ALICE jlasviweru!!!!"

Nya!? What happened nya!?

I suddenly noticed it got dark nya! I looked up nya and saw... A giant tentacle nya! Is that a lesser kraken nya!? Why is something like this here nya!? They shouldn't be this near the shore nya!

I started running nya, the tentacle came down quickly and almost hit me nya, the stall that was selling the fishes I was looking at was completely destroyed nya!

I need to run nya! I can't deal with something this big nya! Where is Aria nya!? Aria is... Why is she getting near nya!?

"Go away you stupid girl nya!"

"klsjavbwer Alice ulwer"

Is she coming for me!? How stupid can she be nya!?

I ran towards her direction nya, I wanted to get near quickly, so that we could run nya...

A tentacle... It... It took Aria nya...

"Aria!!"

She was shouting nya! I need to do something nya! Anything nya! I can't let her stay caught nya!

I ran towards the kraken nya, if only I could do some magic, I could try something nya... But I just... What can I do nya?

Another tentacle came nya, I narrowly dodged it and then jumped in for a bite nya, I desperately clang to that tentacle nya... Please, make it let Aria go nya!

It swung the tentacle nya, I was throw away nya... I went through some buildings nya... It hurts nya... My vision is getting blurry nya... I need... I need to get Aria back nya... It's all... It's all because I was going after some stupid fish nya... I'm such an idiot nya...

"Nyanko... Help nya... You made me a cat nya... Please nya... I can't count on anyone else nya... Aria is going to... I don't want to have Aria die nya... Please help nya... Why...? Why won't you answer me nya?"

My sight was getting red again nya... I'm fainting nya... I can't...

"Just... Come here already you stupid cat goddess!!!"

My sight cleared up nya, I could suddenly see again nya... And... Things aren't moving nya? What's happening nya?

"What's up with all this shouting... I was having my nap nya!"

"You... Turn me back into a human or a nekomata already you stupid Cat Goddess! Look at all the mess you've made nya!"

"Me? Isn't this the fault of Kraken nya?"

"But it took Aria nya! And now I need to save her nya! And I can't do it as a cat nya! You should've never given me this kind of crazy blessing nya! You only caused me trouble nya!"

"Trouble? How come? Isn't the life of a cat the best? You get as much attention as you want, can act as spoiled as you wish, and no matter how much care you give, you'll still get a good bed and free food to take as much as you want nya, that's quite a wonderful life, isn't it nya?"

"I don't care nya! Turn me back nya! I need to do something nya!"

"Huuuuuuuum... I can't do that though."

"What!? How come you can't nya!? It's your own blessing nya! You should be able to do it nya!"

"It's not that simple... You were given a blessing, and the whole purpose of it, was to make you able to live a good life nya, it made you go through a smooth transition between human to cat, and it only finished triggering when you were in a place where you had good chances of getting happy nya.

You already went through the whole thing so... Even if I take the blessing away nya, you'd only lose the benefits it gives you nya, like the extra strength and nimbleness nya."

"What... Isn't there... Isn't there anything else nya? Can't you do something nya? Kill that kraken yourself and save Aria nya?"

"I can't do that, gods shouldn't interfere directly nya, I could end up getting in trouble with a sea god nya."

"Then... Is it really hopeless nya?"

"Well... There is alternative nya~"

"Wha... What is it nya? Please tell me nya! I need to save Aria nya! I'll do anything I need nya!"

"This much...? Don't you know her for barely one month? Why this much attachment nya? Isn't she just a girl that picked a cat up on the streets? She doesn't even know you were once a human nya, can you really be sure she'd like you if she knew the truth of things?"

"I... I don't know nya... But... I really need to save her nya! She may not know anything about me, but I know about her nya! I've seen her plenty nya! I saw all the nice people around her nya! They all loved her and took care of her nya! She deserves better than to die by a stupid kraken because I was careless nya!"

"Seems like you're quite determined~
    Then, why don't you try ascending nya~?"

"Ascending nya?"

"Ascending! You see, like those cultivation freaks? You'd just be skipping all those boring cultivating stages and skip straight away to a higher realm nya! With that, you'd be able to get back into humanoid form and would also be a lot stronger nya~"

"Nya!? Can it really be done nya!? This easy nya!?"

"Why not nya? Don't you say it yourself that you're a cheaty character anyway nya?"

"How do you know that nya!?"

"I'm a cat goddess silly, of course I can read the minds of all cats in the world, or at least all the normal ones and those that I blessed nya~"

"Do-do-don't go invading my privacy like that nya!"

"Right right, so, are you up for it nya?"

"... Is there really no catch nya?"

"Of course there is! You'll die if you fail nya!"

"That is... Fine, I'll do it nya!"

"Just as expected! Now, close your eyes and focus on yourself... Can you feel it nya? Your neko powers?
    All you need to do, is to let them flow... Like this nya~"

Neko powers nya? What is she talking about nya? Nya!? Her finger touched my forehead nya, why is- nyaaaaaaaaaah!!! It hurts nya! It hurts it hurts it hurts nya!!!!!

The pain is spreading nya! It's getting my whole body nya! It really is hurting nya! I don't want to feel so much pain nya! Make it stop nya!!!

I felt my consciousness slipping nya! It just hurt so much nya! Please just go away nya!!! Things are... Blurry nya... Hard to see nya... What is this nya? The... Goddess nya? She's sad nya? Why is she sad nya? I... It's hard to think nya... My hear hurts nya... My eyes... It's hard to see nya...

Nya? What is an octopus doing in the city nya? It's not pretty nya, it's near some destroyed places nya... So much rubble nya... It's bad nya... What is... Hurts... So much pain nya... Stop the pain nya...

A girl nya? What's she doing on the tentacles nya? Why is a girl... Pain... Stop... A girl on... Hurts... A... Ari... No more... No more pain... It's Aria... Aria nya... She is in danger... I need to save her nya...

Things started to shine nya, I could barely see nya... What is this nya?

The light calmed down nya, what now nya? The pain... Is gone nya?

"Congratulations! You've ascended to a higher realm now Alice! Feel proud of yourself nya! I was worried that you weren't going to do it, but you somehow carried on nya!"

I looked at her... Oh, she doesn't look like a giant anymore nya, I seem to be human sized again nya? Great nya! And... There is something strange as well nya... Are those... Two tails nya? Is that because of this ascension nya? No matter nya, I can worry about this later nya! More importantly...

"Can I save her like this nya?"

"That depends on you! Though I'd hurry if I were you, the moment right after ascension has all of your power circulating perfectly and in full harmony nya, you should be plenty of times stronger than you normally are right now, but it should only last a few more seconds~"

"Nya!? I'm going nya! Wait for me Aria nya!"

"Take care and good luck~"

Time flew again nya, the lesser kraken was moving all around nya, as if I'll let you cause more trouble nya!

I threw a huge ice lance at it nya, it cut the tentacle that was holding Aria down nya, I made an ice platform right below her so that she wouldn't be hurt with the fall nya, then I brought the platform to the shore to make sure she would be safe nya!

After that, the lesser kraken got really angry nya! It tried attacking me with lots of tentacles nya! Go die nya!

I pierced those tentacles with lots of ice spikes nya! And then I made the freezing cold spread through its whole body nya, the kraken became a Popsicle nya! I made a big ice warhammer that is on the size of the kraken and smashed it down nya, it broke completely nya!

All that took around 10 seconds nya? I'm feeling my body getting heavier nya, I guess the post-ascension buff that Nyanko said just weared off nya... Oh well, it did its job nya... I should check on Aria nya!

I turned around to look at her nya... I'm glad, she is fine nya... A bit bruised, but... Not really hurt nya. I slowly approached her to talk nya.

"A... Alice?"

"You... You recognize me nya?"

"How could I not!? I have been with you for the whole month!"

She hugged me nya... I'm glad... Aria still likes me nya...

"I got bigger nya..."

"Yeah, you did..."

"I'm bigger than you now nya."

"You sure are..."

"Thank you for taking care of me all this time Aria nya."

"What... What do you mean?"

"I need to go back nya, I'm an adventurer from the guild nya, I can't just stay here doing nothing nya."

"Why?"

"Why nya!?"

"Yeah, why!? Why is it that you have to go back... Why can't you stay here...? I'll get lonely without you Alice... Except when I'm helping my mom, I spend all my time alone... I don't want to... I don't want to feel lonely again... I want to be with you..."

"I... I can't nya."

"Why!?"

"I... I don't know nya... I just... Can I really spend my time as a cat nya? It... Doesn't seem right nya."

"But we could stay all day together... Do you... Do you not want to stay with me Alice? Was I bothering you this last month? Was that why you wanted to flee?"

"No, not that nya! I just... I wanted to become human, or a nekomata again nya... I didn't want to stay like that... Though that changed nya! I loved being with you nya! I even started to question why I even wanted to leave nya!"

"Then... Why...?"

"I... Look nya, you see that big and scary squid there nya?"

"Uhum."

"There are lots of other big and scary monsters out there nya, lots and lots of them nya... And other people getting attacked and hurt by them nya... If I'm an adventurer... Then I can do something about it nya, I can't solve all the problems, but... I can at least help some people nya."

"But... Isn't that dangerous?"

"It is nya..."

"I don't want you in danger Alice... Aren't there other adventurers out there to get the job done!? Why must it be you of all people? WHy can't you stay safe here with me...?"

"Aria..." I hugged her tighter nya. "Please understand... I need to go nya."

"Will... Will you be back?"

"Be... Back nya?"

"Yeah... You can't be adventuring all the time... You'll be back when you're not on adventures, right?"

"I... Alright nya, I'll be sure to come back here Aria nya."

"I will be waiting for you, okay? Please make sure to come back once you're done."

"You can count on me nya! Take care now nya!!"

"Uhum, you as well."

I stopped hugging her and went out nya, I looked back a few times only to see Aria still looking at me nya... It was quite hard to part from her nya... I really enjoyed this last month nya... I'll surely be back nya.

For now, I wanted to get out of the harbor, to make sure I wouldn't run into Aria again nya, I'd better take something a bit farther away nya! Let's see... Oh, lumber nya! This one works nya!

... Where will I find lumber in the middle of a desert nya?

... I guess that's why they issued a quest to get it for them nya... Such a troublesome thing nya... Oh well, luckily, we have the teleport gates nya!

I went towards the gate nya, once I teleported back to Aeternus, I went straight away to the frontier village nya! There are definitely trees on the great plains nya!

I arrived at the plains nya... Huuumm...
    -----------
    I got into the airship to the Rainforest Vale nya! I'm really smart nya! I went straight away to a place with lots of trees nya! And in the rainforest are trees well adapted to high humidity nya! I'm sure they'll be good for a harbor town like the Delta Town nya!

Once I arrived at the vale, I could see that there were plenty of friendly plants nya, probably the fault of that nature mage nya! Nice that I won't have to worry about fighting while gathering the lumber nya!

How do I get lumber though nya? I guess it's alright if I just break the trees nya? I guess I will do just that nya?

I got near a tree nya, let's use my cheaty claws nya! Zwash! Cut clean in a single blow nya!

... Nya? This noise is... BUGS NYA! Why are there bugs getting out of the tree nya!? Why couldn't they live elsewhere nya!? DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!!

... They're gone nya? Rather... I froze them all over nya? I guess my magic got stronger with this ascension nya... Nice nya!

I cut the tree in some smaller pieces that are considered the "Lumber" piece by the guild, I got 2 from this single tree nya! So I only need another 4 trees nya!

I cut it, and froze any stupid insect that came out nya! I'm not even getting tired nya! I became more cheaty nya! I'll be the most OP MC the world has ever seen nya!

Third tree down nya! This went by really well nya! I can do this in no time nya!

Fourth tree nya! Just one more nya!

Aaaand... Done nya! All tress down, 10 lumber got nya! Now I only need to go back to Delta Town and... How will I get back nya? The airship is already gone nya... Will I have to go all the way on foot nya!?

I knew I should've gotten some lumber on a place near a teleport station nya... Here we go nya!
    -------
    Wow... It's quite far nya... Ganbatte Alice! You can do it nya! You're a cheat MC nya!
    --------
    It should... Be getting closer nya...
    --------
    Any moment now nya...
    ------
    Haa... Haa... Just a bit more nya...
    -----
    I guess... I'll just... Rest a bit nya...

I sat down to rest nya, I was in the desert now nya... Such a troublesome distance nya... Good thing I have a desert tent on my item box nya!

Why is it not here nya!? Did I forget it home nya? But why would I... Oh... I took it out for cleaning nya... Since I wasn't going to use it nya... Great... What shall I do now nya?

The Beach is quite near nya... I guess I can stay there nya?

I got near the water nya, the sun was getting close to setting, so I should find some place to stay soon nya... Maybe I could make an igloo nya? Since the desert is cold at night, I shouldn't have many problems with that nya, and I can use the water of the sea to make it nya!

Let's do this nya! Ice Make Igloo nya!!!

Yep, a job well done nya, I won't have a comfy bed here, but I'll at least get protected from the sand nya.

Yosh! Now I only need to get in it nya!!!

I'm bored nya! There is nothing to do on the igloo nya! The sun just set nya! It's still too early to sleep nya! What do I do until I'm sleepy nya!?

*rumble* ... I'm hungry as well nya! I haven't eaten anything since I left Aria's house nya! What am I even supposed to eat in the middle of a desert nya!? I won't have to starve until tomorrow, will I nya? Isn't there anything I can eat nearby nya?

... Oh yeah, the fish nya! I can just get them here instead of near the town nya! I won't even have to compete with them nya! I really had a wonderful idea nya!

I left the igloo to go after fishes nya, it was all dark outside nya, I could still somewhat see though nya... Is it another bonus of my cheat nya? Seeing well in the dark nya? Just how many abilities does this cheat give me nya!?

It is quite windy as well nya, I wasn't noticing because of my igloo nya, but it seems a sandstorm might be coming nya! So troublesome nya!

Well, at least sandstorms don't get into the sea nya! Let's go nya! I quickly undressed and put all my clothes on the igloo nya, then I jumped into the water nya! Starting to swim farther from the coast, since I think it will be easier to find them there nya!

Okay, I think this is a nice place nya! Let's try diving in nya!

I held my breath and went into the water nya, it was hard seeing inside the water nya... I should've went in the morning nya! I'd have more light to work with nya! Cheaty night vision is still not as good as day vision nya!

At least I can see some fishes around nya... There are some swimming really fast nya, I wonder if they are speedy tunas nya? Let's ask nya!

"Hey, are you Speedy Tunas nya?"

My voice came out funny nya, talking underwater is weird nya! I could still understand it though nya, I wonder if they understood it as well nya?

"We are, why do you ask young girl?"

"Become food nya!"

"Wait wha-"

I froze 10 or them in place nya! The other swam away quickly nya, but this was enough nya, they'll serve as my dinner and breakfast nya!

I took them all with me and went back to the surface nya, good thing it didn't take long to find them nya! I wouldn't be able to keep underwater for long nya!

Once I got to the surface, I went back to the desert nya, it was already having a heavy storm nya, but my igloo was near nya, I could see it even amidst the storm nya, so I quickly went back to it and hid for protection against the sand nya!

I put 7 of the frozen tunas on my item box nya, 2 for tomorrow's breakfast and 5 for the guild nya, now I can just eat those 3 now nya!

... I don't have any means of cooking them nya, I only have the wood for the lumber quest nya... Will I have to eat them raw nya? I suppose it can also work out nya...

In the end I ate them raw nya, it didn't taste that bad nya... Rather, it was nice to have something different after eating cat food for a month nya, I ended up getting happy even with the raw food nya!

After cleaning my hands on the sand and with a bit of ice I made, I thought of what to do nya... It's still a bit early, but I guess I'll sleep nya? It's not like I have anything better to do nya... I don't want to put any wrinkles on my clothes though nya, since I didn't bring any spares nya... I guess I'll just sleep naked nya? Not like there is anybody to see me nya... Nope nope nope, I'm definitely not raising that flag nya! I'd definitely be attacked by a pervert if I slept naked nya! I don't care if I'm in the middle of the desert nya! I'm not letting this kind of flag come true nya!

I had already dried up from my sea trip while eating nya, so I wasn't wet anymore nya, so I could put my clothes on nya, I guess I'll just lay down and-

*crash* Why did my igloo suddenly break nya!? Wait... Why did a giant fish suddenly appear nya!? It's still moving nya! Die nya!

I pierced it with an ice spear nya... Just what was that nya... I guess I better reconstruct my igloo before another weird thing happens nya...

You can't be serious nya... Since when are sharknados real nya!? This is stupid nya! What kind of crazy setting did I end up in nya!? This is wrong nya! Completely wrong nya! Sharknados should never be a thing nya! Never nya! I don't care if we have mountain farters here nya! It should not be an excuse for a sharknado nya!

... At least I avoided the flag of the pervert sharknado nya... I'm glad I got dressed up nya... Gyah! Another shark incoming nya!

I cut it in half with an ice sword nya! This is really stupid nya! This kind of hunting method is completely inefficient nya! They don't have any maneuverability on the air nya! And they can't even get back into the sea once they fall nya! It's just plain stupid nya!

Oh oh, the tornado is getting closer nya! That's the only real dangerous part of it nya! I need to run nya!

I started running as fast as I could nya, but... The tornado is going after me nya! What kind of stupid sharknado is that nya!? It's sending all sharks towards me nya! And even the main body is going on my direction nya!

"Muahahaha, now you finally understand my true power, you worthless insect, you have overestimated yourself, but you will meet your hands here today, at my hands, the great Tunian has come to take vengeance from all the speedy tunas you've killed! Prepare, because I'll have you know that..."

What... Again nya? This is starting to get old nya... There is a limit to how many times the same joke can be funny nya... Finding chuunis over and over again will get boring in no time nya, the reader will just look and say "oh, another chuuni... Such a creative author..." nya, if you want to put me in trouble nya, at least be creative on how you do it nya!

And this stupid chuuni is still talking nya! Just who is it this time nya!? Oh... A speedy tuna nya... It should be about the size of a human nya, that's quite big for a fish nya... Why is it on land nya?

"So... Let me see if I get this straight nya, you were the one to make the sharknado nya?"

"That is indeed correct, for the great..."

So predictable nya... I wonder if it had said it already in the middle of the speech nya...

"And you came here on land to face me directly nya?"

"Just as you suspected, I am here to face you like a true fish, on equal grounds, because-"

"A fish fighting a nekomata on land nya... Losing your advantage of having a tornado on your side nya... And coming to direct combat instead nya... Wow, and people complain about villains that make speeches nya, I just found a complete idiot nya!"

"Finished with your last words? I will prove to all that I am not an idiot, but instead someone great enough that I can beat a land dweller with my own power on their own territory, because the oh so incredible and powerful me is- ugh... What... How...?"

"You took too long nya, I just made a spear behind you and pierced without you seeing it nya... You can't simply let a mage cast freely like that nya... And please, don't start a death speech nya."

"I see... I was too naive... I had eyes, but couldn't see the Mount Tai... I suppose it was my fated end to meet you here-"

I ran towards him and slashed him with an ice sword nya... I asked for no death speech nya... Well, at least the sharknado is gone nya... Please let this be the last of the crazy and nonsensical things I see nya, a sharknado is just... No nya, it just isn't right nya.

Making a new igloo, I got shelter from the sandstorm nya, I also made an ice bed and lay down on it nya, I'm feeling quite drowsy nya... I guess dealing with stupidities is very tiring nya.

Morning came nya, I woke up and got out of my ice bed nya... My body was aching nya, I guess sleeping in a hard bed isn't that nice nya... I should take some camping tools with me next time I go on a quest nya, and some changes of clothes nya, and some food nya, and water nya... I really did come unprepared, didn't I nya?

Back to Delta Town we go nya!
    ----------
    After running at a mild pace for some time, I finally reached it nya, the first thing I did was to go take the teleport gate to Aeternus nya, I got back into the inn I was lodged in nya, took everything that I had left there and put on my item box nya, took a bath, got a change of clothes and then went back to Delta Town nya... I feel much better after a good bath nya! And not using dirty clothes is wonderful nya! I'll definitely bring changes for the next time nya!

Once I got into Delta Town, I decided on the next quest I'd do nya, I'll clear the barnacles from the hulls nya, it should be easy enough nya!

I talked to the ship captain nya, he told me I could start right away nya, so I went there and... Wow, those are lots of barnacles nya, the ship's captain must be quite lazy nya... Let's get this over with quickly nya! I started freezing all barnacles I found nya! They came out a lot easily once they were frozen nya! This works well nya! I could finish removing them in no time nya!

A job done with no incidents nya! I like this kind of success nya! The next is... Trapping giant crabs nya? I guess the guild wants the fresh nya? In this case I'd better leave them for last nya... So, the sunken treasure is all that is left nya?

Alright nya! I got a bit far from the port until I was sure there were no ships nearby nya, I didn't have a swimsuit nya, so I'd have to swim naked again nya, no way I'd let anyone see me looking for it nya!

I got into the water again nya... Hmmm... I doubt there will be any ship close to shore nya, so I should swim until some distance away nya... *swims for a while* Okay, I guess this is good nya!

Now... How do I get down there nya? I can't breath for enough time to get to the bottom of the sea nya... Oh, I know nya!

I started freezing some of the water around me nya, then when I had frozen enough, I shaped it into a big ball nya, made it right around me nya, now I was being surrounded by a big ball of ice nya, it had limited air nya, but at least I wouldn't have to worry about not having any air at all nya! The surroundings were all fuzzy nya, looking through a ball of ice was fun nya!

Now, to make this ball dive nya... Oh, I can just make it get really heavy nya! And I have a good idea for that nya!

I took lots of things out of my item box nya, since they were all heavier than ice nya, it quickly started diving nya...

After some time, the ball finally got near the deep parts of the sea nya, it had very little light hitting those parts nya, and it was all fuzzy because I had to look through the ice nya, so it was hard to understand what was around me nya... I started moving the ball around in a kinda random way nya... Oh, hey, I think that's a darker part nya, maybe it's a ship nya?

After getting closer, I could discern it a bit better nya... It really is a ship nya! So lucky nya!

I don't really know if it has a treasure or not nya... And I don't have that much time to check nya, so I guess I'll just try counting on luck nya?

I froze more of the water on the surroundings nya, it's a lot easier to make ice out of water instead of the air nya, so I can make it while using little Mana nya... Though it does consume a fair bit to maintain the ball of ice for a long time nya. Either way, I made a big hand of ice nya, I used that to start moving the wreckage away nya, I couldn't move the main body of the ship with it nya, but I could move some broken parts nya... Now let's see... Treasure treasure treasure... Is this a treasure nya? No, it's a dead person nya, and this nya? Just a cage nya, what about his one nya? A big plank nya...

Oh, a treasure nya, just in time nya!

I enveloped the treasure with the hand of ice nya, then I made the hand merge completely with the ball nya, slowly bringing the chest to the inside of the ball nya. Sunken treasure got nya!

Since I already got the treasure, I'd better go up nya! I put everything I had gotten out of the item box back on it nya, including the sunken treasure nya, then the ice ball started to naturally go up nya!

Once it got to the surface of the sea, I unmade the top of it to let air enter nya... But now that I think about it, I don't really need to swim the way back, do I nya? I can simply move the ice ball through the water nya! It's a lot easier nya! And I won't have to swim against the current nya!

I wonder if there is any way for me to dry up quickly nya? So as to not need to go the land naked nya? Hmm... Oh, I just need to freeze the water drops on my body nya!

Freezing them was easy nya, and once they were frozen, I just made them get away from me with magic nya, then I could dress up easily nya! I should do that more often nya!

Once I finished putting my clothes, I moved the ball back to the shore nya... Getting there, I dismissed the rest of it nya, I got almost everything... Only thing left is to capture the giant crabs nya.

For trapping them... A cage of ice will do nya! I just need to find some nya!

it wasn't that hard nya, there were about 15 running through the sand nya... So... "Freeze nya!!!!!"

They looked towards me nya, with a face of confusion nya... Why didn't they freeze nya? Oh, I'm out of Mana nya! I didn't even check it nya!

... The crabs are running here nya! Scary nya! Better run nya!

They keep on coming after me nya! Go away stupid crabs nya!!! Wait... I could just fight them with my claws nya? I'm pretty strong after all nya!

No... That would be problematic, I shouldn't damage their bodies nya, what then nya? While I kept on running, I started rummaging through my item box nya, I'm glad the crabs aren't that fast nya, nor do they have any ranged attacks nya, so I can keep a safe distance while thinking on what to do nya.

Oh, a rejuvenation potion nya? When did I get this nya? I don't remember nya... Oh, it was a quest reward nya! It's a good solution nya! It will solve my problem nya!

I quickly drank it nya, I could feel my Mana replenishing nya, it's quite a good one nya!

I turned my head to the back to see how many crabs were still pursuing me nya, there were 5 nya, I guess the other 10 gave up nya? Let's get this over nya!

"I said... Freeze nya!"

They quickly froze in place nya! I only need 3 though, so I made them fly by my side, since they enveloped by ice, and started going back to Delta Town nya, the other 2 were left there nya, the ice will probably melt in a while nya.

Once I got to Delta Town, I teleported to Aeternus to deliver my report nya, as soon as I did it, I rushed back to Delta Town to meet Aria again nya! I wanted to spend as much time as possible with her nya!

I didn't want to scare her parents though nya, so I turned back into a cat nya, I discovered that since I became a nekomata again through an ascension of sorts nya, I could still change freely between the forms nya, and I'm unsure if they would be fine with me living with them as a nekomata nya, so I opted for the cat form nya, they were a bit weirded out by the two tails nya, but Aria stood by my side nya, so it went without trouble nya.

I could also talk normally and understand human language on cat form now nya, though I only spoke with Aria, and only when we were alone nya, it was still quite nice to understand what other people were saying nya.

Having a home is really nice nya! I'm loving staying with her nya!

[ I got a home nya! And an owner (?) as well nya! Oh, and I got an ascension nya, I have 2 tails now nya!

And... 11580 words nya! It went for way longer than I expected nya!

... Even if about 7k of those are from a side quest nya... ]

@LittleFox21

ToumaNorstein, LittleFox21 and Carm like this.
  4. LittleFox21

LittleFox21 The Soon-to-be famous Nyatsune

Reading List:
    Link
    =======================================================
    Great Plain - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 20 Slimes [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE2 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Goblins [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE6 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Wandering Rabbits [ 80 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD2 - D-Ranked - Slay 8 Rampaging Rhinos [ 80 G ]
    Great Plain - #SC1 - C-Ranked - Slay 5 Cyclops [ 150 G ]
    Great Plain - #GC1 - C-Ranked – Gather Cyclops Eye [ 150G | 1 x Earth Orb ]
    ========================================================
    welcome back deri~
    oh, you managed to befriend a whole lizardmen village derika?
    a good accomplishment deri!
    and hmm, i should say you make a good use of them, deri.
    both the alliance and the friendship deri.
    this will be a good example for the other members, deri.
    but for safety please mark your allies so they don't get hunted by our members mistakenly, deri.
    and now the rewards derizo! 560G and 1 earth orb deri.
    good job deriyo~

Tang Tang likes this.
  5. LittleFox21

Reading List:
    Link
    ========================================================
    Delta Town - #GE1 - E-Ranked - Gather 10 Chickens [ 20 G |5 x Eggs ]
    Delta Town - #GE3 - E-Ranked - Fish 5 Speedy Tunas [ 80G | 1 x Speedy Tuna Fillet ]
    Delta Town - #GD1 - D-Ranked - Gather 10 Lumber [ 100 G | 3 x Wooden Plank]
    Delta Town - #GC1 - C-Ranked - Trap 3 Giant Crabs [ 140G | 1 x Crab Meat ]
    Delta Town - #GC3 - C-Ranked - Recover Sunken Treasure [ 100 G | 1 x Mysterious Chest ]
    =========================================================
    *pat pat*
    *scratch scratch*
    *pat pat pat*
    =3

rewards: 480G and those stuffs deri... @shad12ow a mystery chest for you to appraise, boss~

6. ToumaNorstein

ToumaNorstein Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town - #GE1 - E-Ranked - Gather 10 Chickens [ 20 G | 5 x Eggs ]
    Delta Town - #GE2 - E-Ranked - Clean Barnacles from hull [ 40 G ]
    Delta Town - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 100 Rats [ 100 G ]
    Delta Town - #SD2 - D-Ranked - Slay 5 Sea snakes [ 120 G ]
    Delta Town - #GD1 - D-Ranked - Gather 10 Lumber [ 100 G | 3 x Wooden Plank ]

Personage,
    Solo

Receptionist,
    @LittleFox21

Day XX Month OO - Present time, stranded.

Here is my log concerning the facts I, JGSDF Major Ichijou Yanagi, after mysteriously thrown off into this mysterious world of fantasy. Regardless the facts I was slightly dozed off when I was doing regular inventory inspection and leaning myself in chair after filling the reports as per usual I done.

-------

After fell into the darkness of deep slumber, my eyes were opened in a place, which I swear, was the desert. Illusions at first of my thought but, the stroke of the heat, the blue sky, were so real. Of course, when the belief of reality was real, the doubts were real also. When I saw scorpions in gigantic size, or lizards and desert fox. Real and no. But what I felt is still the same.

Still in my duty uniform, it seems that some of the military stuffs, the real things were also sent in this godforsaken desert ground. MRE ration packs, water canteen, survival kits, ammunitions and weapons. Since I didn't know anything about this unfamiliar desert, I chose to wear the full gear equipment. Helmet, vest, boots, gloves. Additionally, whoever or whatever sent me here also added protective googles to be sent together with me.

Talking about self protection means, vest and the helmet is the only thing I could rely upon for defense, in case anything happens to me, which is I am grateful that what I chose to do was right. Gloves, googles, and boots also protected me from the harsh environment. Allowed me to traverse the desert.

Weapons, is another whole matter. As you expect from a soldier, their virtuoso, what they're trained for is, was to fight. Weapons also sent altogether with me here. Sniper rifle, Barrett 0.50, handgun, Sig Sauer, and Howa Type-89 assault rifle. The ammo which was sent here enough to fill the bag. I didn't know why I was sent here but, I was grateful for at least leaving me the firearms and not only the knife and fists.

Day 1,
    Since I brought no compass, I decided to mark the four-wind points by the sun movement. Leading me to walk South by the decision of a dried twig. Let me to be amazed by the fantastical view of fantasy like desert. Full of rock cliffs, desert sand as eyes could see, and the habitants. I kept my walking pace while sight-seeing the scenery at the same time.

At night, I spend my dinner with opening one of the ration. The menu is curry. Curry was my favorite dish I always made myself. But, since this was a ration pack, I didn't put much hopes in the flavor, which was a bit bland. Expected from emergency 600-yen pack food for survival.

On the day, I spend my breakfast and lunch by snacking on hardtracks. Eating one small piece each fifteen minutes, two piece of crackers for each hour. Hard, but enough for filling the guts of a grown man. Expected, tastes also no no. But there were mouth to be feed, and hunger to be sated.

Day 2,
    Some how, I felt that I am being watched by some thing. Taking my binoculars out, I found that since yesterday, some pack of desert fox had already put their mark on me. They've been following me since yesterday I presume, meant to prey on me, a lone wanderer in the desert. I am one lone man, but I won't let them do as they please. And I kept my word true. I didn't let them.

After two days of full precautious, the fox pack finally did their assault on me.

In the night, they came walking to me, slowly. Cautious. Didn't want to make the prey awoken from his sleep and run away in the end. Snarling and gnarling, they come surrounding me. Baring their teeth, closer and closer they get.

But alas, their life ends tonight.

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

With half of the rounds in my handgun magazine, I ended the fox who tried to take me prey. Not rising from my sleep position, I pointed my gun to the other foxes who stand behind the first one, and began to shoot. Left two dead desert fox in the middle of the night, while the others running away. By using five rounds for each kill from my 20 cm long P220, I know its a waste but, I succeeded to intimidate the fox to not to come near me. Means I can finally asleep in peace after two nights.

Day 5,
    It seems luck is residing with me. God had saved me.

From my binoculars, in the distance of ten clicks, I could saw a big oasis. It was so big, comparing to a lake, full with water, with treelines on the both sides of the watery edges. Across the oasis, was a hill. Not just a simply hill, but with lands. Lands that were cultivated. Desert plants. Barley, wheat, figs, dates. Means here was a civilization, lest I thought this desert had zero population or inhabited or isolated from civilization. People were here. As I saw them on my binoculars, I am now sure about it.

What I was saw, was a caravan. Their destination were set to the oasis.

Approaching them and asking them politely, I hope they would let me join their caravan, or at least, pointing me to some directions. At first, I thought this was a good idea but, I remember something.

Can they speak Japanese? I am using Japanese whole my life and some foreign languages but, I am the Foreigner here. Yet for fuck sake, I have to do this. Be brave, me. And so I just walked to them and asked them anyway.

Approaching the caravan, I asked, "Excuse me, but may I know where are you going?".

The one who rides atop the camels said, "The Village, not far from here. Are going there too?". Which is surprising me, they used Japanese. Means, I could have, no, ought to have conversation with them.

Asking for hitchhike, I was permitted to sit in the wagon end, accompanying me, is some bulky guys whom wearing some sort of equipment I often saw in my subordinates browser. In a game, I was sure about it. Tasset, quiver, bow, axe, shield, sword, boots, greaves, dagger, maybe these guys were some kind of mercenary. Hired to ensure the safety of the caravan. How do they employed were mystery to me but, maybe they were dispatched by some kind of organizations akin to defense contractor or paramilitary corporation. They ensure me while showing their identification. Cards in form. Yet the most surprising thing is, the cards they had shown to me had also shown me things that were so identical to games and novels. The Adventurer Guild, of the Flying City of Aeternus. North of here, only accessible with some kind of peripherals akin to teleportation gates operated solemnly by the officials, so they said.

In back, for answering my questions, they also asking the same. "Where do you come from? What are those thing wrapped in cloth on your back? Is that a staves? Why it was metal? Why do you clad in green?" So they asked.

Well. Since I can't tell the exact things, that they may not understand, I just told them that I came from the eastern continent far far away. I am some kind of mercenary which had structured organization and certain degree of discipline and uniformity. I am a magician (of course it's a bullshit lie) who uses staves that spew fire (guns) and looking for the nearest city here for I was stranded. And I am looking for settlements. In response, those nice fellows, aside for saying their condolences, they advice me to join the Adventurer Guild if I am searching for secure (may be not) jobs. They told me, if we have reached the Village, I should use the teleportation gate to go to Aternus, and searching for the guild.

Decided to listen to their advice, I will do as they said when we had arrived.

Day 6,
    After saying good bye to the adventurers, and of course to the caravan master, as an at of manners and courtesy, they will continuing their journey and so do I. Now I am here in the Desert Village.

The village named Desert Village since the topographical features in the local area. Desert, oasis, rock cliffs. Hence the naming sense. But, the vitality of the village is not dried up as the desert itself. The people who settled here were very lively, looking by the activity they do, either it was trading, drawing water from the canals of the oasis, or cultivating the fields.

Politely asking, I was shown the direction to the teleportation gate. The gate itself, I swear, it was just like on the anime my niece watched on the morning television programs. And when I used the device, I was teleported for real. The feeling was , like you were suddenly transported to a place with high altitude, like riding a plane.

Entered the teleport gate, they looked like a large ring surrounded by large pillars. As for how they worked, it's like the two rings become a connected gate. Spewing runes and magical lights in kaleidoscope speed. Not a thing I have seen in my whole live. Magic and wondrous.

-----

"Welcome to the Floating City of Aeternus. We hope that you may enjoy your stay~"

Greeted by the officials of the city. I bluntly said my needs to them. I was looking to join the guild, and in urgent need of settlement. Giving me a warm smile, they showed me the direction of the guild. The structure in the middle of the city, passing through the districts and main roads. The building with the proud flying banner in it's side and top. Majestically, it stands out from all other tall buildings. The place of all kind of people would know as the most functional and important building. That is the Adventurer Guild.

As I seen the city. I know that the adventurers, the caravan people, or the villagers not lying to me. Yet the sight is not believable to the mind of a simple soldier, me. High building touching the clouds, people of every races, not just human but fantasy races like elves, demon race, angels, lizardmen, therianthrope, inhuman, they were here in the front of my very eyes. Walking sides to sides with them, they seemed to blend in perfect as a part of the city, and not too curious of strange things like stranger. As sayings in old phrase, no better place to hid a plant except a forest. No one staring intensely or glaring at me, and I would not disturbing them by walking normally to the guild.

The insides of the guild, mainly speaking, were built like in the fantasy settings, tall arch, chairs and table, bar, quest board, decorative sigils and proper front desk, which is if I'm not mistaken, was called the receptionist desk with proper receptionist. There was I supposed to go.

Walking closer to the desk, I was greeted by one of the receptionist, I asked,

"Is this where I ought to register?"
    "Correct! This is where you register! This I, a template on the first register, but feel free to ask any questions you might have! Welcome in advance!"

so she said.

The receptionist who just greeted me is a girl. 14 - 15 years old clad in magical clothes, carrying a staff as Magical Girls are supposed to. Tagged, her name was Hikari. Cute. Receptionist for called but she may angered and pouting for that. Girls always hate if they didn't get called by name. Experience of my niece.

Filling the templates given, I filled them with no lies, maybe when I will be questioned in the future, I will have nothing to hide. No loss by telling the truth anyway.

"Welcome to the guild Nagi-kun! As a gift for joining, please take this guild issued Item Box, free of charge of course! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them at the Tavern! That's all, I'm Hikari Shiki, a receptionist here, let's be good friends!!!"
    "Thank you very much. I will try to visit the tavern after this"
    "Have fun on the guild! Welcome to the crazy tavern!"

As per courtesy and manners, I bowed to express my thanks. Shortly after that, time to going further inside. The inside and maybe the heart of the guild itself, the tavern.

Walking to the tavern, I asked, while bowing to show some courtesy. I wanted to get as friendly as possible. I didn't want enemies you know?

"Is this the tavern perhaps? Am I come to the right place? I'm a newbie you see~"
    "Yes, you are at right place! Welcome"

A magician, was the first to answer my question. Warm smile, looks like a kind guy, clad in black robe. Never I met person who gave me a kind greetings like that. I mean for real. In my line of work, or my previous world, smiling means like business. Except it was all known by the whole division. Even my superior, and his superior too, knows that. Smiling, greetings, forced to do so to the people we didn't like, is hard.

"Welcome"

The second person who greet me, female. Wearing white dress, white skin, white hair and blue eyes. She was giving me feeling from the sea. Reminding me of vast ocean when I was on my official vacation with the upper brass. Fishing, in Okinawa.

"Hello, good sire! You might regret ever coming here but welcome!"

The third person. Funny things he said, but that sentence, he was meaning it. Wearing robe and holding staff. I wonder if he was a kin of martial artist? Well. I will find out about it soon.

"Hello"
    "Hello for you too. Hope we could get along~"

The fourth person. He, somehow were very mysterious tome, gray hooded cloak and I can't grasp anything about him. In his waist, hanging a sword. Iron sword.

To him I asked,

"By the way... If I may ask, what exactly do we talk about here?"
    "Everything, this is a place to fool around... mainly"

so he said.

"Eat and drink" others said.
    "Oh hey! Welcome to Adventure Guild!" more sound greet me.

Oni. This fellow was certainly Oni. No doubt, or I am not a Japanese. Two prominent horns. No doubt. Yup.

But strange, from her equipment, she carried weapons. Magnum caliber Desert Eagle. A powerful handgun but, this means firearms is not a strange things here, since I thought personally this place or this world at least, was a place of swords and magic fantasy. Maybe I could ask her.

"Hmm, new eh?"

The next person who asked me, he was a swordsman. After all, he was clad in black armor, and sheathed in his waist, were sword of peculiar design. Or.

With his movement of finger, he summons skeleton to bring over a meal and a drink. For me. Staggering but. Well. He was a necromancer.

"Please... enjoy" he said.
    "Thank you" I replied.

Maybe I will just enjoy this. Nothing unusual. Skeletons maybe just normal here. After all, this world is a fantasy. If multiple races exist, and magic does exists. Undead and other netherworld things maybe exist as well. Agreeable. Logic.

"Thanks~ I will enjoy this for now. Itadakimasu"

At least I will enjoy my first time meal here. Funnily, the taste of the meal was good, even though the one who bring it was a skeleton for god's sake. Oh, and more guys greeted me. This time, fellow who looked like a proper archer. Using a black luster bow and quiver in his back. And of course leather armor. Black eyes and hair. Nice fellow also.

"Welcome to the Adventurer Guild. New members~" he said while I was enjoying my meal.

Quite energetic fellow for teenager. What age was he? 16 years old?

"Did you just ignore the skeleton? You're no pushover aren't you?" one of the adventurers who greeted me asked.

No push-over. Nice things to say but, I'm truly deep struck down here. I have seen Orcs, Goblins, and flying what shit in the sky ate smaller things below. Skeleton is a bit less scarier. Imagine it like anatomy models in Biological Preparation Room.

But then,

"Since you're here, make sure to get better guns. Stuff here is more... overpowered" the necromancer-swordsman said.

yeah. The warnings.

You know that survival is the most important thing here. As I sit-rep my own condition, I just had joined here and about this world, I didn't know a thing. And maybe, just like my imagination, if I wanted to live here, I have to live strong. Guns, maybe not enough to cut for it. Byt the time flows, I had to make sure to strengthen up myself. Armor. Arsenals. Everything but, at least a settlement to rest this head.

"Will do" I replied.

But still, the omen still came for me. The signs. She came.

"You're a solider aren't you.....But not front lines..."

Girl. Clad in black cloth, black as if shadows put her, rest asunder in her own. And all I can do is maybe just to pay heed. To her.

She said that, then she walks up and sniffed me. A short breath, but filled with malignant feeling. Funnily though, that feeling was throbbing through my heart. Telling me to grab my knife when in the meanwhile, she closes one of her dual-dagger to my neck.

I wonder how I was ended up in this condition.
    Ridiculously, that maybe my fault. And in the end,

"Just don't give a reason to eat you, human"

She miles and poked my nose before she left me.

------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Tavern's desk, he was seen to write something in the end of his log book. Seemed with straight emotions, telling that he had decided over something. Decision that had made him now. And with the last stroke of his pen that was almost running out, he writes.

"To live.

Thus, were my turning points, from a soldier, into what I am now.
    Putting my decisions, I hereby ended my reports in this log, and hereby try as well to live and accept the reality as I supposed to."

X Month D Day
    MMMM Year

JGSDF Nerima 1st Division, Major

Ichijou Yanagi.

-------------

Month XX Day OO
    Past a week.

Reality.

What does the word means to a person. Even more a normal person except the routine he or she had? Normality, the boredom of what we man may call as "living", through and through were something absolutely we must go through.

For the ones who believe the intrusions and linings of fate, destiny, and had superstitious belief like that, that maybe different. But, if you put those elements all aside, erase them, what you will get as the result, was something plain. That was the thing left unto it. For the reality is a normality. Reality is the normality of one of many or all individuals present in this plane. Or just what they saw, or feel.

Concerning that, man also had some prominent thought regarding what man may called reality. To made it more simple to understand. But to me, it made them more complicated than ever.

From my point of view, it was practical nonsense to me. To gave efforts in life, to survive. Nothing different in particular. And may I say it by one more time, it was by the effort we may live. Nothing could be seen as a problem from that. The problem is, what we should've done with that efforts.

People says, putting the efforts to one own survival is, and, or maybe selfish. As a soldier, that was ringing through my head, all the time. To sacrifice one own body, giving efforts, bleed, sweat, did things and achieving feats for the sake of another. That is what we told. Yet how I could do that, when I am in this world of magic and fantasy? I have not a pinch of knowledge of this world except self profound one and from readings. Novels, manga, anime, etc. Worse. No one knows what will fall unto myself in the near future.

For some reason, somehow, I didn't want to accept this "reality".

Let's do a quick review then. About this world and me. Summarize the points and maybe I could get something to let me surrender myself, that this world, is my own reality now.

------

Delta Town.

Southern-most populated town in the continent, harbored by the ships from many nations and regions. Pot of melting people is the add-name to this city. Not crowded or not of it, but the town certainly had the magnitude of vast region. Comparison to the Flying City of Aeternus, the Delta Town may lack the facts that the city was flying above the clouds.

Nevertheless, the Delta Town is the main hold of the vast world of commerce and commodity agriculture, and maybe maritime-based mercantile. The fact made the Delta Town the most populated town in the Southern Coast. Second in popularity and fame when compared to Aeternus but, this town held the vital pivoting for the continuation of whole continent. From the sea in the South, far traversing the Desert until to the Northern Volcano, and may held effect to the Flying City of Aeternus itself.

Back to the topic, the main differ point offered by this town was,

the sea.

For no doubt. And that's where this story may and will begin.

When you mentioned sea, and a settlements, or civilization built alongside the coast or shore, the one thing may never missed to be there, was ships. Mentioned, and can be simply deduced, ships are one of the things that may be found here in this town. And our story here, may begin in the harbors, where one of the ships, were harbored.

Scrubbing, for as much as three hours, he was cleaning the ship hull from barnacles.

*scrub
    *scrub

"That's almost all of it" he said. Hanging from rope to the hull, he continued the work he had begin from 3 hours ago. Scrubbing the hull was all he did. Not only the front hull, which was not submerged, he also have cleaned the deep hull, which is always submerged. Hard work, clean and thorough. With each sweep, or scratch to be more exactly, from his hand, barnacles fall to the sea like bread crumbs.

Additionally, he also exterminate half a dozen of Sea Snakes while on it. He shoots them from the deck above with his P220. There were sea snakes here, just like in all sea in the previous world of his.

Sea snakes, or Hydrophiinae by the Latin naming, are snakes which inhabits the ocean. Typical of the snakes like usual, but they were extremely poisonous, and compared to the usual snakes he knew, sea snakes were much more bigger by one point five times.Sea snakes often found in the shore and even in the middle of the sea. Hiding in sea bottoms, rocks and corals crevice, even inside a wreck-ship and sea abyss. Often caught in fish nets, or slipping inside a ship, or threatening whoever it met if feels threatened. Usually, the fishes was the diet of this mild tempered creature. People who didn't know things about them may just trying to caress this sensitive creature, and hold them without knowing the risks. Hence, cases happens.

Anything that may possess danger to the people of the shores must be eliminated.

"Still, to find myself here scrubbing ships from medieval time is staggering. And for god's sake this ship is big. A galleon type ship as expected~" he said. For your additional information, the name of the ship he was cleaning, is "The Mistcleaver"

A galleon was a large, multi-decked sailing ship. Used as an armed cargo carrier primarily by European states during the age of sail from the 16th to 18th centuries and were the principle fleet units which could be easily converted or drafted for use as warships. Galleons generally carried three or more masts with a lateen fore-and-aft rig on the rear masts. Some were carvel built with a prominent squared off raised stern, and used square-rigged sail plans on their fore-mast and main-masts. Such ships were the mainstay of maritime commerce into the early 19th century, and were often drafted into use as auxiliary naval war vessels—indeed, were the mainstay of many nations contending fleets through most of the 150 years of the Age of Exploration — before the Anglo-Dutch wars begat purpose-built ship-rigged warships that thereafter dominated war at sea during the remainder of the Age of Sail.

No jest but, from the terminus of the word "galleo" which was derived from, the meaning in the rough English is "armed-merchants", some other languages were "galley" and "war-ship". This kind of ship obviously well armed, mounted with triple-deck line of cannons, double sided, plus front cannons, aside it was designed to carrying loads. This ship was the perfect ship with double use, either as logistic ship, or warship.

But still, just like any other ships, which was made from wooden plank, it was still vulnerable to the sea salinity and,

barnacles.

Which is providing our poor other-world-to-blown majordomo a job for making a starter living.

--------

The other job he had done in this ship is to help with the preparations, such as gather the logistics, for the ship's next expedition.Preparing for expeditions is not a simple matter, in the opposites, it was a quite complicated one. Pests controls, provisions, auxiliaries. Those were the things a good ship needs of.

The next thing he was doing, was much more like of a hard-laborer. Moving stuffs from warehouses, and stalls to the ship. At first, gathering the chicken. Ten of them.

The chickens, unlike cow, may be kept inside a ship to keep producing eggs for additional food. Or just be kept to be emergency food. Tender meat, smells of fat was very tempting to not to have roasted chicken while the ship was sailing. Hence, keeping them inside a ship is a good idea. But the problem is,

to get those chickens inside the ship.

Here in the middle of the desert, Delta Town keep the breeding pen as wide as they could. They let their chickens roams free in their wide breeding pen. And catching them will need time. Twenty minutes almost for him.

After that, he was asked to bring the timbers from the warehouse to the ships inner cargo. The timbers were meant to be sold. Just ten logs of them. Easy thing to be done, for he wasn't carrying it alone. The shipmates helped him all the time.

The third, fishing.

This time, helping a fisherman, he would have to spend the afternoon inside a middle fishing boat, accompanying the old fisherman, and his grandson.

"Say, do you like fishing?" he said while showing his cavity in his teeth. No doubt he was old, so may the teeth matters not concerning him.

"Granpa~Granpa~No need to show your teeth to him. You have no teeth!" so as the nine-years old grandson said to his know-no-shame grandfather. And so their journey of three man fishing begins. The queue, is five Speedy Tuna fish.

Tuna, is one side family with mackerel. Belong on the middle sea, usually hunted with methods like using fishing rod, nets, or shoot them with a harpoon. Weight until hundreds of kilograms, tuna may be sold for high price for its delicacy. He remembered there was a moment that he would go alone, or with the top brass to a renowned sushi restaurant. Fish like tuna will be a fine delicacy. That was sure.

But maybe alas,

"My grandson, do you saw them in your side?"
    "No~"
    "Young lad, how is your side?"

After 4 hours of fishing, there was none of the sight of a herd of tuna anymore. Looking at the portside of the boat, looking for a herd of tuna is more like a battle for not losing concentration. Slight splash in the wavy ocean was maybe their sign. Where they must put their attention to.

The quota needed for the ship today was near 10. Either what he catch today was only five or more, what they had catch now is nowhere enough to ten. Four. Minus six to the quota. Two catch by the old gramps, and two by himself.

Tuna, was an elusive fish. Hard to catch due to its resistance fight, and hard to spot. Catching tuna is more like an ordeal of test for the three of them. In Japan, not just everyday a fisherman will be likely to get one fish. But, here, the ocean here was more abundant. Breeding season the gramps said. But all what they caught was only the ones who were astray. The herd of the tuna was hiding in the sea deep's to breed. It was despair if there was nothing more to reel. And after the last catch, they had been waiting for 3 hours. It was like despair. But, after the waiting, among the despair, was a glimpse of hope.

"There!" he said.

A splash. A hundred meter to the opposite of the starboard side of the ship, was a splash of water.

Drawing closer to the splashing water, it was there. Glittering silver by sun lights. Fat and tinted blue. Swimming near the surface. Not knowing that they was near.

"Granpa! It was a full herd!"
    "Drop the net! All! We need all of them! Well lads, ready your hands. We're lifting these fish now~" he said to them.

------

After the extreme fishing, it was almost over the noon. And there were still one more job to do.

Like the middle ages, one of the problem which the commercials may face, is pests. Rats to be more specific. And as pests, rats is the worse. As they may bring doom to the households, they may also bring disaster to a ship. Eating anything was the only thing they knew aside from breeding.

Reports said that rats were making the sewer as their kingdom. They were there and almost nothing can be done by the citizens of the city. After they exterminate them thousand times, they're still there. More and more of them. Squeaks can be heard inside the drainage. All the time.

So the citizen thoughts that this is a serious trouble. Even compulsory tasks like this have become the main concern of the citizens. 100 gold is rewarded for each one hundred rats. Not caring how and how long.

Lit up his flashlights, he lit the way down to the sewers.

And what he was, was them.

"For fuck's sake...." he said.

The only thing he do afterward, was to open his bag, and taking some tubes with red linings.

Those were incendiary grenades. He lined them up, and put a rope in their trigger pin hole.

Pulling all the trigger at the same time, he throws dozens of it into the sewer before closing the sewer hole once again.

LittleFox21, Carm, AliceShiki and 5 others like this.
  7. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    You are a damn good writer if I have seen one *Thumbs up* :D really, you are
    I enjoyed every part of your writings fully.
    P.S I'm fairly certain I'm wearing rags, not robes but eh (shrug)

ToumaNorstein likes this.
  8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    (( Hikari was supposed to be using a wand, not a staff... No need to worry about that though, the difference isn't that big anyway! \(^^)/

Great story anyway, looking forward to your future reports!!! ))

9. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe a meter or so~ XD

Way, ToumaNorstein and AliceShiki like this.
  10. LittleFox21

Reading List:
    Link
    ================================================
    =================================================
    ooc: excuse me as i'm ot too good in english, are timbers in your story above refers to lumbers/wood logs? because i need to verify this last thing before i appraise your quest. sorry for the inconveniences

11. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: I think it should. Or rather, it does.

12. ToumaNorstein

ToumaNorstein Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. Particularly, because there were no forest in the desert.

'^'

AliceShiki likes this.
  13. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: I will take this quest appraisal for Foxy, 'kay?
    ===============================================================
    ===============================================================
    "Ah, good day to you, Mr. Ichijou. I see that you've done quite a lot of job. Let's see, let's see.....Hmm.....From the report, I see that you used some kind of explosives when dealing with the rats. Excellent job, Mr. Ichijou. I do like to see it in action just to compare with my own explosives. Oh, want to see? Maybe you can use it in the next one."
    *pulls out a small box filled with a bomb, a fragmented bomb, a fire bomb, a tracker bomb, and a flash bomb*
    "Ask me in the tavern for the difference and the instruction. And I also see that you are a good sharpshooter. Very nice. Aside from that....no, there's nothing wrong. Well, here is 460 G and the other stuff as your reward. Take care now~!"

ToumaNorstein and AliceShiki like this.
  14. Abox

Abox ☆Havek's Lil' Kitten☆ {Rea's Slave} |Bielt's Wife|

Reading List:
    Link

I did it alone...

Well, I arrived in Delta Town quite quickly. Looks like it won't be too hard to find the docks.

.....I think I'm lost. I-I don't know how and why b-but it's really dark in here and I'm scared... anyone? Helllo?

Eeek! I-it's just a rat...just a rat right?

It's really wet and smelly too...don't tell me, this is the sewers?!? B-but the old man said that this was a shortcut. I didn't even know there

Oh! There's a torch and some men up ahead, let's go ask them for help. They don't look that shady

Nope. Nope they did not want to help. It's really hard to see where I'm running. As I look over my shoulder at my pursuers, I trip on something and get a face full of foul smelling material. I wanna shower...

Feeling a strong grip on my shoulder, I am pulled back to my senses. With a random kick, and a jerk of my body, I get away...into a wall of cobwebs. I still run; however, I have no idea as to where I'm going because my face is a spider nest.

As I clear my face and run, I feel that I have missed a step.. stairs? No, not stairs, a sheer drop and then a loud splash. Bellyflops hurt so much, but not as much as saltwater in your nasal system and airway.

Ah well at least I can see the docks from here...

Cleaning the barnacles off of ships' hulls was much easier than that earlier fiasco. Sure I dropped my butterfly knives a couple times, but it was simple diving down and getting them...

Ah, it's good to be home

@LittleFox21 @shad12ow

15. Carm

Carm Drip drop, when will time stop

Reading List:
    Link
    Please only tag the receptionist that accepted your quests.

Abox likes this.
  16. Abox

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah sorry sorry sorry *bows*

Then can @shad12ow please look at them?

17. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    I will, wait a bit.

Abox likes this.
  18. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    ======================================================
    ".........Hmm......Is the sign that lead to the dock not clear enough? Hmm....Well, as long as you clear the job, the Guild doesn't really mind. So here is 40 G as your reward. Take care now."

Abox likes this.
  19. Abox

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks and sorry for troubling you two!! orz

Carm and shad12ow like this.
  20. Abox

Reading List:
    Link
    Verdant Forest - #SE1 - E-Ranked – Slay 10 Forest Goblins [ 80 G ]

It seems I'm really bad at his huh, I can barely handle some goblins...

Hmm.. It looks it should be fine this time. I don't think I will get lost if I always keep the forest's border in sight.

Oh well, they're just goblins anyway, so they shouldn't be too difficult...right? Oh look, a mushroom! I wonder how they'd taste if I cooked them. Maybe I can have goblin meat with mushroom for dinner tonight. Although goblin meat doesn't sound too appetizing.

Taking out my hook swords, I use them to climb up a tall tree nearby. I stop on a branch right below the canopy, giving me a nice, wide, view of the surroundings. I turn my head, looking for movement in the undergrowth. The smell of nature calms my mind.

<Hmm... looks like there's nothing here>

I peel off some bark, take out a smooth, polished coin (unknown currency coin), and jam it in the opening.

<Now if there's any light around I can find this spot again>

Taking a running jump into the direction of a nearby tree, I hook onto a branch with my swords and use them to swing from tree to tree. The air courses through my lungs as I travel, stopping periodically to regain lost energy. As I travel deeper into the forest, I make sure to leave coins in the trees behind me.

After about three hours of travel and 63 coins in trees, I finally spot a pack of goblins. Well three of them to be precise. I make my way down to a low branch in the path of the trio and ready myself for action.

<Shouldn't be too hard I guess>

They're close now, gotta make sure to keep quiet.

<<Gra~groajwok~~gro>>
    <<Grek gruliuy ~~gro>> <----(Idk how to write goblin language help me pls)
    <<Gehehehe>>

Bending my knees and using my legs as a hook, I flip upside down and grab the goblin in the back with my two swords. Lifting him up, he screams, alerting his friends below. Quickly dispatching it by piercing the hooked tip of one of my swords into the bottom of the jaw and into the brain, I unhook my other sword and use it as an extension to lower myself from the branch. However, one of the goblins below has caught the long back hem of my dress and pulled down hard. Surprised, I let go of the sword and end up falling on him.

<Aaagh!>
    <<graaaa~~~>

His twisted metal dagger ends up piercing the back of my thigh, but my body landing on his unproportionately large head snaps his neck with a sickening sound. With an injured leg and only one sword, I must face off against the last goblin.

<<Greeeeek~~!>>

It screeches as it comes at me. This one has an old, battered gladius (like a really short sword). Taking one of my butterfly knives (the Chinese one, not the CS:GO one, look it up if you don't know) into my left hand, I struggle to keep myself from screaming too much.

<<Gruuk oa~~>>

The goblin grunts as he throws a slash at me with his gladius. Catching it with the main-gauche at the back end of the knife, I successfully defend the goblin's attack. Now that it's my turn, I bring about the hook sword in my right hand and use it to bring the goblin closer to me where I roll onto it, pressing it's smaller frame down. However I am too small and light and the goblin (which has a surprising muscle strength like a chimpanzee) manages to push me off of it.

<<Groaaaaa~!>>

It yells into the air before walking towards me menacingly. I crawl backwards until I feel the solid trunk of a tree behind me. I swallow the saliva in my mouth, my palms are sweating and I have goosebumps all over my body. My breathing becomes unsteady as I fear for my safety. The goblin purposefully walks towards me slowly, I can see in his eyes that he enjoys my fear. I am alone...

<<Gohohohohon~~~>>

The goblin walks ever closer. At this point, it is standing on the long train that is the back of my dress. My widened eyes meet it's dark and beady eyes. My gaze pleads for mercy, but I know I won't get any.

<Aaaghk!>

I let out an un-ladylike scream as he plunges his gladius into the calf of my good leg. The dulled blade gets caught in the hard leather as the goblin tries to pull it out so it just leaves the sword there. In a stroke of luck, as I flail in pain, the part of the dress the goblin is standing on is suddenly shifted and it falls to the ground. Not letting the opportunity go to waste, I pierce my hooked sword through the far side of it's face, the tip of the exotic blade poking through the nearer eyeball. It's spiteful gaze sweeps over me as it slowly loses its life.

<fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck ah it hurts...>

breathing through clenched teeth, I yank out the gladius and quickly untie my right boot with fumbling hands. Thigh-high boots may look fashionable and allow for better protection, but they are very hard to take off in a rush. After spending an eternity with the boots I cut off a strip of my silk dress and use it as an ad-hoc bandage before spending another eternity lacing my boot back up again. The twisted dagger in the back of my left thigh will have to stay in for now. Taking it out would only make the wound worse and cause more bleeding. Not to mention the risk of an infection. Taking out some tea from my belt pouch, I calmly sip on it while I sit. My energy has returned but I am not at full capacity. Life is not a game, damage like this will need a specialist to heal. I slowly pass out at the base of the tree, a dead goblin at my feet.

I awake at around early midday. I hear my stomach grumbling. Grabbing some nearby mushrooms and washing them with water from my canteen, I put them in my mouth and chew.

They taste terrible. But I had to eat, so I continued to eat.

<Eh~eeehhhh~~~? A-am I shorter than before? N-n-no way, please don't be happening. I thought this only happened in fantasy stories~!>

Yup that's right... magical mushrooms. I went from ~170cm (5'8") to ~150cm (5') and I seem to have grown an extra pair ears on top of my head and a tail that sneaks it way down my dress. Looking at my reflection in a nearby puddle, I ascertain that I have become a catgirl-loli.

<wh-wh-wh-why me?>

I break down and start crying on the spot. This kind of situation is too hard for a young girl to take okay?

After tightening my gear in places, I can safely say that my chest is still as flat as before I am ready to go back. I use a sword as a cane as I limp back toward the first tree. No swinging in the trees this time, now I must trek through the dense underbrush and look for the shiny coins near the tops of the trees.

It took me two whole days of walking to get back to my starting point. I've had to avoid patrolling goblins and other wildlife. I have however, managed to complete my quest by quickly assassinating lone goblins with a quick slice to their neck or a hook through their head. 14 goblin kills total. Other than the wounds on the first day, there was also a time where an unseen goblin archer shot me in the side. Fortunately, my smaller stature allowed me to get away with only a large gash on my side. More of my precious silk dress gone as bandages. As of now, I have lost all hope of the mushrooms' effects being only temporary.

Feeling defeated, I slowly make my way towards the guild, extremely self-conscious about my knew height and feline features.

TL/DR: Goblin Kills: 14 ; am now only 150cm and has cat ears & tail from mushrooms

@shad12ow

fuzor100 and shad12ow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.