Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Verdant Forest - #SE1 - E-Ranked – Slay 10 Forest Goblins [ 80 G ]
    ========================================================================
    "And....who might you be, ms? Ah, is that a report paper? And....from Ms. Erin? Oh, you are delivering it to us? Why thank yo- What!? You're her!?.......Let me read the report for now........You know.....what you need is basic survival guide, as in something like 'Do not eat suspicious stuff of the ground' or 'Be wise' or something along that line. Sheesh....Well, your blunder aside, this is 80 G for the job. Take care now. I think you can ask some of the member for an antidote or something. Hmm? Me? I have some, but I don't know if they will not give any side effect. If you want to try, I don't mind."
    *pulls out a small vial filled with red liquid*
    "Here. Take this. From what I read in your report and your location, I think this will do nicely. As for the side effect....uhm....pray for the best, i guess? See you~!"

Abox likes this.
  2. TheOneTrueApex

TheOneTrueApex Illegitimate Young Master|Sadistic Male Lead|Laozi

Reading List:
    Link
    Treacherous Port - #SD1 - D-Ranked - Slay 5 Bandits [ 150 G ]
    Treacherous Port. A place deserving of its name.

A place where pirates, bandits, thieves, and all other types of scum gather. A place where even thieves steal from thieves and murderers kill murderers... A free-for-all scum hellhole.

As the sky darkens and night falls, the port becomes even more dangerous as threats from every part of the corner awaken and lurk in the shadows. On the roof of a brothel, a figure clad in black lays crouched, overlooking the streets and alleyways of Treacherous port. This man is Elias. He lights up his pipe and leisurely smokes as if just awaiting a simple rendezvous, belaying his true intent in coming here.

"I guess one downside to enhancing my hearing is that I can hear every single moan and banter in this damn brothel. *sigh* If only the women were cleaner and if only I had the gold to spend."

Because of his Eldritch blood, Elias is capable of using Eldritch magic to enhance his senses through his spell, See the Unseen, Hear the Unheard, Sense the Unsensed. Having trained his body, he can maintain this state so long as he is not exhausted.

Suddenly, from the streets below, he sees 5 men approach a 3-storey shack in a secluded alley, dragging along 2 figures with bags over their heads.

"2 crossbows, 2 cutlasses, and one brawler. And looks like they're dragging along a mother and child. There's my five heads." After speaking he suddenly vanishes in a puff of black smoke.

On the street below, one of the men instructs the others as they enter the shack.
    "Slim, Pecker, you're on the roof. Keep your eyes open, and if you see anyone suspicious getting close, fill their ass with arrows! Nobody's stealing my, Rock's, little cashcows. Rick and Brick, with me. Let's meet our customer."
    After issuing instructions, the burly brawler along with the 2 cutlass-wielding bandits enter the shack while the 2 lanky archers scale the shack and make their way to the roof, taking one side each.

On the roof

"Oi, Slim, you think Big Bessie's on at the Bone Pit tonight? Looks like we gonna score big this time, seems like a good night to get down."
    "Ah, shaddap an' keep watch. Always thinkin' nothin' but yer pecker."
    "Why not? I'ms a man after-"
    "Afta what? Afta Bessie threw ya out for bitin' on her tit?"

However after a few moments, no answer came from Pecker. Growing suspicious, Slim turned around but found no one and before he could shout out loud to call alert his comrades, a bone-white gauntlet grabs him from behind and pulls him down crashing onto the streets below.
    "AAAAHHHHH!!!"

On the second floor of the shack.

"What was that?" A young man in his early twenties suddenly exclaimed, his 2 bodyguards suddenly on alert as the stepped forward to his sides. "I'm sure it's just some unlucky bastard getting his ass pelted with bolts." Rock smoothly replied, trying to assure the young man, however, inside, he was feeling anxious. The voice that made that scream sounded all to familiar. "But just to assure you, we'll go out there and show you the work of art Slim and Pecker are capable of." After which he went down to with the 2 cutlass-wielding men.

On the alleyway.

"Slim, Pecker, What's with all that racket?!" Rock exasperatedly inquired as he stepped out of the shack, with Rick and Brick side-by-side close behind him. However, the reply he received was in the form of Slim's corpse sprawled on the alleyway, eyes wide-opened with disbelief and panic. "Who did this?! Come out or I swear I'll turn over this town to find you!"

"Right here."
    SSHHHHKKK!!!
    That deep, dark voice akin to a reaper came out from behind them before Rick and Brick could even turn around, two daggers already pierced the back of their heads, killing them instantly. Rock, reacting quickly sent a puch towards Elias who was blown back 3 steps despite blocking it. The two of them stared at each other for a few breaths. "YOU BASTARD! I'M GONNA-" before Rock could even finish his sentence, Elias suddenly rushed forward, cocking his right fist back in preparation for a punch, the spiked knuckledusters on his daggers gleaming with a cold, piercing sharpness, Seeing this, Rock a cold smile appeared on Rock's face as he prepared to counter the punch. His smile froze, however, when before the punch came, he felt a great deal of pain assault his nether regions, Elias's Bonemold shinguards landing squarely on Rock's family jewels. As he was caught off-guard, two daggers pierced into his temples. Rock's last moments were filled with unwillingness and disbelief.

Elias then gathered the weapons and valuables of the fallen bandits along with their heads. After which, Elias looked back at the shack, nobody knows what expression he had underneath that skull-like mask.

"I suppose a few more deaths wouldn't really make a difference." Saying that, he disappeared into a puff of pitch-black smoke.

On the Second floor of the shack.

Hearing the sounds of fighting outside, the young man grew irritated. "Can't these good-for-nothings even do anything right?!"
    "Young master, I think we need to leave here soon." one of his bodyguards worriedly advised. Alas, it was too late for as soon as those words left his mouth, "No, you can't leave." From out of the shadows, Elias emerged. Seeing him just standing there, the young man commanded commanded in disdain, "He's just one man, you're swordsmen that my family trained for years! Cut him down!"

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Having been overconfident and caught off-guard, two bullets pierced into the skulls of his bodyguards and one into the young man's knee.

"AAAAAAHHHH!!!" The young man screamed like a butchered pig. Fear. Despair. Anger. Such emotions went through his face as Elias slowly walked toward him while reloading his revolver. "You can't kill me! I'm from the Holy Em-"

WHACK!

Before he could finish, Elias kicked him right in the jaw, breaking it. His reaper-like voice rang out "I already have a hunch where you're from and I'm not interested in knowing who you are and what your stupid promises are. But since you've more or less confirmed where you're from, I'm gonna have to enjoy this." Elias then took one of the swords from the guards and severed his four limbs, the young man fainted due to the pain but was woken up by a hot searing sensation on the stumps of where his limbs once were and seeing Elias holding a brightly glowing torch. Elias was cauterizing his wounds with fire! "I'm not gonna let you bleed out on me so easily. You should savor this moment." Next, Elias took out his dagger and sliced out the young man's ears and nose then forced them down his stomach, again, cauterizing the wounds with a knife heated red-hot. Screams resounded inside the shack.

After leaving the young man in a truly wretched state, Elias looted everything that looked valuable, went up to the third floor where the mother and child were kept, freed them, and set fire to the shack. Unfortunately the fire spread and an entire block was burned to cinders.

Only when they made it out did Elias stop to examine the loot. In total, there were 2 oak bows, 36 arrows, 2 cutlasses, a pair of steel bracers (from Rock), 2 fine steel longswords, a golden signet ring (from the butchered young man) and around 202 gold. Elias then gave 102 gold to the mother and child and afterwards made his journey on the way back to the guild.

A man clad in a black cloak appeared inside the guild hall in a puff of black smoke. He placed the heads of 5 bandits atop the receptionist's desk and unhurriedly said: "5 bandits reaped. Here is my proof."

Gains: 2 oak bows, 36 arrows, 2 cutlasses, steel bracers, 2 fine steel longswords, 1 golden signet ring, 100 gold

@shad12ow

3. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Treacherous Port - #SD1 - D-Ranked - Slay 5 Bandits [ 150 G ]
    ========================================================================
    "Elias, eh? Hmm....let's see the report. Ah, before that."
    *snaps finger. A few spiders appeared and drag the bandit heads out of the way. Another group appeared and then started cleaning the desk. In a few seconds, the desk is as clean as new.*
    "Next time, don't drop these on my desk. And the report....Hmm....the Holy Empire of Man again, eh? I seem to heard them coming to our region too much these couple of days. Apart from that, I don't see any problem in your report. Here is 150 G for your work. We expect more wonderful result from you, Elias. Take care now."
    OOC: Oh, about the gold from your loot, you can't put that in your card, okay? We only accept gold from the quest. But you can maybe put that in a way that you give another NPC or something like that. Or maybe buy provision for your journey or your daily needs etc. We only count the gold from quest completion. Thank you~!

4. Abox

Abox ☆Havek's Lil' Kitten☆ {Rea's Slave} |Bielt's Wife|

Reading List:
    Link
    Th-thank you! Sorry for troubling you so much *bows*>/////<

shad12ow likes this.
  5. LittleFox21

LittleFox21 The Soon-to-be famous Nyatsune

Reading List:
    Link
    the difference between boss and me:
    i was going to fail the lumber since you did not gather them from trees but just transported someone's properties instead. well, it was your luck =3

6. ToumaNorstein

ToumaNorstein Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry.

I will properly asked the details beforehand to prevent this gor happening ever again. Forgive me.

Thank you for the notice.
    *bow

shad12ow, LittleFox21 and Bielt like this.
  7. Jibs

Jibs 『Still alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯』

Reading List:
    Link
    Me and @RickyTheKind did this where here to report quest complete
    Delta Town - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 100 Rats [ 100 G ]
    POV Jibs

After getting the quest accepted in the guild we immediately exited the guild while waving good bye at the receptionist. me and ricky went outside the city to complete the quest while saying bye to the guards to told us to stay safe “its really hot in this city ha?” “Well this place is near a desert….by the way you sure you didn’t forget anything?”“Nope ! Everything is here in my item box besides we don’t even anything were broke did you forget?”Ricky let out a long sigh while saying“*Sign* don’t remind me besides where just starting also everyone starts broke” “well I guesss….” “See we just to work hard to earn are pay..”he says while have a face saying we can do this while doing the guts pose,after walking at least 30 to 45 minutes Ricky suddenly said“ look where near the cave…. a number of people said that large amount of rats are coming out from this cave” he says while pointing a cave that about 8m tall and 10m wide after coming closer I noticed something “this doesn’t look natural” I said while examining the cave entrance and taking peek at the cave which was wide but I can’t see to far inside since its dark “Well this used to be a mine of some sorts they abandon it for a while now “ “eh..? Why?” “Well large amount of rats and other monster seems to have taken the lives of a number of miners” “whaaat… rats killed a number of people..thats absurd..” “ Well this aren’t your regular rats like you see in the city this rats have sharp claws that can really hurts you and they are also quite fast” “well we can deal with them if their just that” “well alone they don’t pose much if a threat but in large numbers that a different story…I just hope we don’t encounter a large group..” He sighs while scratching his head“Well lets just hope you didn’t jinks us because of what you just said” i said while smiling wryly “well lets go then!” I shouted while pulling his sleeves “hold horses the rats aren’t going anywhere anytime soon” he said while walking inside the cave and smiling wryly.

POV ricky

After going inside the cave I noticed that it was getting darker the farther we go in. I turn to jibs stoppingwhile saying “Hey can you cast light magic for us so we see better?” Jibs stopped as well and looked up to me said while having anannoyedexpression “you do know that I use mana to cast magic right what if I run out?” “Well its not like I want you to use mana we just don’t have any gold to buy anything…besides your mana regeneration can make up the cost of using light magic” i said while looking at her while having smug smile. She breaks eye contact and gives a short sigh“fine your right its just annoying to concentrate keeping it up “ she says while putting her left hand in front of her while casting magic“light!”a small ball of light emerges from her hand and made the surroundings brighter “well lets go” she says while starting to walk again. I quickly followed her and walked with her pace. A good 10 minutes or so of nothing happening, I spotted something laying on the ground “hey their something on the ground over their.” I said While pointing at the object in a distance “Well let check it out then!” She says while running ahead “hey wait for me!” I quickly run and to catch up to hershe stops near the object and said “it’s a corpse looks like its been here for a while now…” she says having a complicated look on her face “Well this happens all the time anyway” I said coming beside her while examining the corpse, it looks like the corpse was that of a young man probably near his 20s. I spotted that he was carrying a sack of some sort I reach out to get the sack upon opening it I saw it has a book,some gold and a couple of leather armor all of them relatively in good condition“hey, heres a iron sword its in pretty good shape despite it being for a while now” she says while holding a sword with both hand nearly her height. “Here you go you need” she said looking up to me while stretching her arms out to give the sword“thanks I didn’t have a weapon on me” I said after reaching out and grabbing the sword I took the sword out from the scabbard, the on it seems to reflect the light coming from jib’s magic yup,its in good shape“how were planning to fight without a weapon?” She says having a amazed look on her face“Well I can fight with my fist or with this” I said taking out my swiss army knife from my I item box “That’s not a WEAPON!” She shouted then slapping my back “ouch.. I was joking…. Well lets go then” having said that I started walking again “Right lets go” she said after giving a short sigh and running to my side.

POV Jibs

After having that short stop in front of that corpse we continued walking for a 20 minutes while defeating 20 rats that jumped out from the darkness in order to attack us. I defeated them with wind magic slicing them up but from time to time they went a little to close to me so swung my mace to crush them,while I was cutting them up and crushing them ricky easily cut and stab them thanks to his super human body….this damn cheat…while I was having a hard time following them with my eye he just took them out without even batting an eye.Having said that while I was recalling some thing I heard ricky saying something “Hmmm..this looks like it was used for taking break.” He says while looking around the area, upon inspecting the area it look like it was 20m in width and in length I can also spot some decaying objects here and their probably chairs and table used when taking a break from working “wanna take a sort rest here?” I mumbled to ricky “sure well take a short rest here” he said while sitting on top of a rock “well ok then 5 minute break!” I said in a cheery voice while looking around for a place take a sit, I spotted a rock suitable for sitting “Finally a break…” having said that in a tired voice “hey..prepare for battle..” I turn to ricky where I can see his already standing up and gripping the iron on his right hand having a cautious look on his face“what is it..?” I said while standing up and preparing my mace and looking around, then I stopped a large amount of rats surrounding us “looks like where surround did…” “Well ill let you start the show” he said while having an amused look on his face I only smiled wryly at him“Well since you said that…..frozen nova!” I casted ice magic to freeze the area around us I manage to freeze most of the rats surrounding us but some where smart enough to jump out of the seeingthat I casted ice arrow “Ice arrows pierce my enemies!” 30 arrows form around me and flowed to the rats and pierce most of them but there are still a lot them left “Ricky!”

“I know!”He replayed while slicing up finishing off the last of the rats in his side and sprinting towards the large number of rats am facing “oh wind cut my enemies in half….Wind cutter!” I manage to slice some of the rats“alright last round!” He shouted while slicing the rats that jump towards him and stabbing the last remaining rat on the ground.

POV ricky

“Well that’s the last of it” I said while wiping of the blood of the rats on my sword “you sure?” I turn to jibs who asked the question,and listened to see if their was anything else…but all I heard was the sound of ice slowly melting “yup that it we seem to have killed more than a hundred ha?” I said while counting the rats we manage to kill minus the rats jibs killed by freezing we have more than enough rats killed to complete the quest “Really now let go home then…” she says while turning around to leave the cave “now.. now.. we need get the proof that we killed them also look there are corpses their” having said while pointing at the 2 corpses laying on the ground a distance from us “Alright you get the proof while ill check up on the corpses.” She said while walking towards the corpse “more gold and a dagger and a magic book? And some clothes..uuwaahhh…this corpses are full of bite marks!!” “Well just be glad its not us…” I replayed to her while taking proof from the rats. After 45 minutes of getting the proof we exited the cave a after walking back for an hour“damn we have to walk all the way back to the guild…” “Well I could summon some horses but I don’t have a summoners book right now” “Ah..speaking of books is this the book you were looking for?” I took out the book from my item box which I got from the first corpse we found and gave it to her“what?! Say that sooner I could have summoned some pets to help us you know” she said while having what the hell!? Expression on her face and taking the book away from my hand “well I wasn’t to sure if you had one also it was to dark to check what it was I was sorting out my item box while walking here so I just found out” “okx2 just wait for a minute….lets see here…ah! Here it is!” She shouted happily and then started casting summoning magic “ I call forth war horses kuro and shiro to come to my aid!” 2 horse emerge from the summoning circle “well then ill take the dark horse you take the white one” I said walking up to the horse called kuroand stroking it head it made pleasant nose telling me my petting feels nice “well up we go” i happily said while go up to ride the horse “well lets go home then” I turn to jibs who was riding on top of the white horse called shiro“how did you manage to get on top of that horse?” I asked having a surprise expression on my face “easy magic! Well lets ride go!” Having said that she run past me while her horse is making galloping noise “wait up?!” I quickly tried to catch to her.

Afterwards we when to guild and submitted our complete quest

note we didn't go to the sewers because i hate the sewers :ROFLMAO:)
    Items found:

Iron sword(+15 Atk),iron dagger(+10 Atk)

Leather armor (body,pants,gloves and shoes) (All give +2 Def except the armor which is +3)

Summoners clothes(+1 magic def and Magic atk)

Magic book (makes learn 1 magic element Fire / earth)and summoners book
    Accessorys: ring(+1 Str) and bracelet (+1 Magic Def)
    Gold:200
    note we didn't go to the sewers because i hate the sewers :ROFLMAO:)

@shad12ow

fuzor100 likes this.
  8. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 100 Rats [ 100 G ]
    ============================================================
    ".....Well, the works are....satisfactory? I think? Not much I can comment for you. I guess you did slay 100 rats, so...Hmm....I think that's fine. Here is 100 G for the two of you. Divide them by yourself. Take care now."
    OOC: Okay, now a comment from Shad12ow.
    1. Please use paragraph. Even if you keep them POV by POV, each POV needs to be splitted in a few paragraph. Give it some spaces to make reading for anyone easier.
    2. Grammar. Please take a close look at your own writings and reread them again to check for incorrect grammar.
      Example : “looks like where surround did…”
      Correct one : "Looks like we're surrounded."
    3. Typo. Just as before, please reread your work again. I find many typo in there. A few is tolerable, but the amount is quite alarming for me.
      Example : lets see here | well then ill take...
      Correct one : Let's see here | Well, then I'll take...
    4. The gold you find will not be counted as loot. Only the gold given by the Guild will be counted as loot. But you can, for example, use that gold as a mean to pay your character daily necessities or anything. But we will not accept anything but the gold given by the Guild.
    5. We are fine with you finding stuff on the quest. But please don't make them too much. No, it is fine for now. But I just want to say it here in case I forgot to tell you in the future.
    Good prospect and good story line, just needs some more proofreading and also formatting. Good luck in the next story~!

AliceShiki likes this.
  9. RickyTheKind

RickyTheKind 『Isekai Pending』

Reading List:
    Link

It means quest clear right XD... yey....
    @Jibs oiiii you need to work on your grammar nazi . . .
    just joking mate

Thanks for appraising our story well make sure to do a better one :notworthy:

10. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. it is clear. And it's we'll. Not well. Hahaha~!

11. ghjk

ghjk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @shad12ow

Great Plain - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 20 Slimes [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE2 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Goblins [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE3 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Orcs [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE4 - E-Ranked - Slay 5 Boar Warriors. [ 70 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE5 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Kobolds [ 100 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE6 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Wandering Rabbits [ 80 G ]

Walking out of the city through the North Exit, I started a fast-march toward the Junkyard. My target was the Frontier Village were I could try to get more information about the newly discovered planet.

I reached the Junkyard after crossing a small river and the Society of Makers. It was getting dark now, but there wasn't any problem with moving in the dark so I continued on moving toward the Frontier Village with night vision on. About half-way between Frontier Village and the Junkyard, I came across six kobolds around a bonfire up ahead. They were eating.

Crouching down to better conceal myself in their long shadows, I relied on the dark gray and black of my armor for camouflage. F*** (ooc: am I allowed to curse?) they saw me. I guess they have better vision than Humans. With the stealth option botched, I decided for a less elegant way of combat.

Taking out my short combat knife, I closed in on the group of six. They weren't armored and had short swords. They wouldn't even scratch my armor. When they were about 6 feet in front of me, I leaned forward and rolled into the first Kobold's stomach, stunning him momentarily. Grabbing his neck, I threw it into the Kobold directly behind it. A faster one attempted a stab at one of my unarmored joints. The bodysuit part of the BDU would protect me from stabs and slashes, but not blunt attacks. I kicked this one in the knee, breaking it backwards with a clear cracking sound. These kobolds were fast, but not very strong.

With three momentarily incapacitated, the three others charged at me. I stuck my knife in the first one's neck, but they were so small and my knife was quite wide, so I basically beheaded it. The second one hesitated for a split second; however, that was enough time for me to lunge forward and give it a firm punch to its diaphragm, sending it flying into the Kobold behind. By now, the first two were charging me again, so I took my index and middle fingers and pushed them into its eye sockets mid-charge. It managed to get a blow on my helmet before it died. Two dead.

Lifting the dead Kobold's head in my right hand, I threw it at the Kobold charging behind him. They unceremoniously crashed together. Walking over, I curb stomped the live Kobold's head. Brain matter and blood splattered magnificently as my metal-reinforced boot ended its life. The last two were carrying the previously injured one away. The way the leg was dangling looked painful even to me. Pulling out my pistol, I released three shots into the head of each Kobold. The special anti-material bullets really did a toll on their small heads. Barely anything was left of their skulls and various cranial organs littered the floor. Six Kobolds down, Nine to go.

I retrieved my knife from a dead Kobold and continued on my journey. I didn't meet anything else that was exciting except for 50 rabbits on the way. I only killed the first ten that I saw, I'm not some kind of sadistic monster. Anyways, their meat was tastier than the damn ration bars.

In Frontier Town, my foreign gear caught some gazes, but mostly it was peaceful. The people there informed me that I could find most of my targets at the border of the Great Plains near the Galant Pass.

It took me two hours of fast-marching to arrive at Galant Pass. I was delayed by a group of five Kobolds. I just blew off their heads with my pistol this time. Four more Kobolds left. I'm amazed to say that these were some pretty magnificent mountains. All rock, no trees or anything. And a lot of sheer cliff faces, which probably meant that there were caves everywhere. These caves were my target, it would be easier to find a lot of monsters taking shelter there.

On my way towards the caves, I met field of slimes. I'm not kidding, I think they were trying to consume each other to grow larger. The biggest one was about waist height, any bigger and they could probably swallow a small girl whole. Agh why am I thinking of the weird cat girl right now. I shot a small one with my pistol, but it seemed ineffective, they just regenerated afterwards. These slimes are quite intriguing. They had the texture of jell-o and had very limited thought. Looking closer, I discovered that the slimes had a small nucleus in the general center of each one. Sticking my hand into the nearest small slime, I took out the nucleus. It was green like the slimes and was probably as hard as an English Biscuit. I crushed it and the slime associated with it dissolved into the ground. Huh, seems like this is the best way to kill 'em. Holstering my pistol and taking my shotgun from my back, I cocked it and shot at the general center of a waist-high slime nearby. Yup, definitely effective.

I killed the required 20 slimes here and moved onto the caves. My first cave was a bust, whatever was here before is long dead now. I moved onto the next one. It wasn't until the fourth cave that I found a group of eight Kobolds. I still had my shotgun out so I simply disposed of each one. I didn't stop killing once I hit my quota as these guys were quite hostile.

In the seventh cave, I found a tunnel. I followed it, finding rusted swords and scattered bones along the floor. I also met quite a few goblins. In the severely limited space, I could only rely on my fists to crush beat each one to death. They were even weaker than the Kobolds, and their oversized heads made it much easier to snap their necks with a single, well-placed punch. Well not that my punches were very accurate as I was mainly a marksman-scout, but the physical augmentations that all UNSC personnel go through made my whole body a deadly machine to normal living beings.

I followed the tunnel until I reached a large open room. In here were eight boar warriors. I was wondering why there were less and less goblins as I traveled more inward. These hideous creatures were around my height and had some haphazardly worn armor. Three of them had clubs while the other five had bastard swords. They were all weapons that could cause some blunt force trauma. Too bad I wasn't going to get close enough for them to use it. Slightly backing up to the tunnel, I created a choke point that would force them to come to me one by one. Pulling out my beloved shotgun, I easily dispatched them with shots to their chest. I was not going to wrestle with these guys like I did the Kobolds and Goblins. I could see their large muscles bulging under their skin and loincloths. Getting punched would hurt, or even injure me, and I was not going to take that chance. In this seventh cave-tunnel, I killed eight Boar Warriors and twenty-three Goblins.

Just the fifteen Orcs left. As it was dark now, I decided to sleep in the seventh cave. The next day, I fast-marched South back towards the Galant Pass. Just as I arrived, I saw a squad of five, hulking green masses of muscle in the distance. I'd say around 150 meters. They were ahead of me and it seemed like they were planning a raid on Frontier Town. Well they won't be now. I take out my precious, the Designated Marksman Rifle. This firearm is a thing of beauty. With the same accuracy and precision of a sniper rifle in a smaller-caliber, shorter package, this was something that could be used in almost all situations. 150 meters is a piece of cake for this thing. On the side I had carved a tally for the number of elites and brutes (ooc: some of the harder opponents of the Halo series, like warriors basically) that I had killed with this. Now, it was to add more tallies of worthy opponents.

Lying prone with my sights on rearguard orc, I accounted for wind and gravity before squeezing the trigger. A loud crack sounded out as a bullet shot out of the barrel. A red flower sprouted on the back of the orc's head.

"A little more to the right," I mumble.

The sound of the shot traveled to the orcs' ears. Alarmed, they jumped to attention and see their dead comrade. They're anxious now, but they've probably never seen a sniper before. Well that was the point, you aren't supposed to see snipers. Two more cracks, two more dead, and two more left alive. They've started running now. But they aren't very smart as they're running parallel to each other.

"Time for a trickshot," I say to nobody in particular.

A singular crack echoes out. Two flowers bloom in unison. The bullet had traveled through the side of both the orcs' throats. Two birds with one stone.

I doubt there'll be anymore orcs heading towards Frontier Town, so I keep moving south along the boundary.

I'm close to Solitary Castle when I see the next pack of Orcs. Well this time, it's three squads of 'em, fifteen in total. Well, I don't really see them as they see me. I was taking a bathroom break when one of the orcs shoots an arrow at me. Well it hit, but it was only my reinforced breastplate, so all that happened was that the force knocked me onto my a**.

"F***ing impatient c***s."

I quickly finish up and re-gear myself before scrambling away. The rest of the Orcs also start chasing me whilst throwing rocks or shooting arrows. They mostly miss, I mean, you can't expect someone who trains to dodge plasma–which moves much faster than their projectiles–to be hit by some slow-moving rocks can you?

I un-holster my pistol and shoot twice behind me, one shot misses, but the other gets lucky and hits an Orc in the knee. He's not dead yet, but the Orcs behind him kill him when they stampede over him. I haul a** away from them, occasionally ducking or sidestepping and finally reach a distance that I feel is satisfactory. Taking my DMR in my hand, I slowly and meticulously blow off the heads of the Orcs. Thankfully, they're not too smart and run straight at me, giving me a total of 20 Orc kills.

Enemies of this level really aren't a big threat to me. Anyways, it takes me a day of fast-marching to get back to Aeternus, the Floating City of Adventurers.

TL/DR: I killed everything that needed to be killed. No injuries sustained.

Sorry for writing so much...

AliceShiki, Carm and fuzor100 like this.
  12. Chambui

Chambui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

First Great Plain Hunt

"Please allow me to take these quests, commander!"

"Granted! Take care now, soldier!"

"Sir, yes sir! I will not disappoint you!"

After receiving my orders, I use the teleportation gate to arrive at the Frontier Village. What greets me is the wind, smell and view of the Great Plains. It's beautiful. But all of the trash that fills the Great Plains... filled with anger, I walk to the Frontier Village's border. After arriving there, I call my horse.

"Summon Bataar!" After these words, a slight spatial warp appears and a few seconds later, my horse Bataar stands next to me. With his brown fur and small but sturdy build, he is perfect for the Great Plains. "Good boy." I pat him for a while and then saddle up. Holding the reins I use my knees and voice to signal Bataar to trot and make my way into the Great Plains, feeling the wind in my hair.

"Ahh... I love this." I let the reins go and allow Bataar to run around to his liking for a bit.

Fifteen minutes later, I spot my first target. A group of eight goblins, barely visible in the distance. I lower Bataar's speed and we slowly begin to circle around the goblins while I search the surroundings for additional enemies.

After confirming that there are no other enemies nearby, I take my bow and ready an arrow, while slowly moving closer to the goblins. Soon, they also notice and charge at me. I let Bataar accelerate and steer him using my knees. A few seconds later, they enter my range. I make sure to maintain a certain amount of distance while deciding my first target. I should aim for the ones armed with spears and bows first...

Let's see. Two spearman, two archers, three swordman with shields and one axeman with leather armor. Half are targets I should take out with my bow. Stopping Bataar, I snipe one archer and hit him in the shoulder. "That should prevent him from using his bow... one down."

I urge Bataar to move faster and move closer to the goblins. Take aim... fire! My arrow hits the second archer in the chest. Now there are just 6 left. After gaining some distance, I calmly shoot down the two spearman. The remaining ones don't have anything against cavalry.

Time to take them down with charges. After storing my arrows and my bow in the Item Box, I take out my lance and charge the goblins. The wind in my face... I think I'm smiling. "I will strike you down, abominations!"

With my first charge, one swordman get's trampeled by Bataar and I impale the axeman with my lance. Bataar just continues running until we gain the distance necessary to start another charge. But when we turn around, the remaining goblins are runnign away. "Cowards! I will enjoy hunting you down."

A few minutes later, I gather the lances of the now dead goblins and all arrows I can find. A few meters away from me, Bataar is calmly eating grass. "Well done, Bataar.", I praise him while patting his shoulder. "Let's have a look at my map..."

While I currently am in the north-north-east of the Frontier village, I think I should head to the area around the Crumbling Ruin to find some Kobolds. From there, I can travel south to the area around the Orc camp, and after killing enough targets around that area head back to the Frontier Village.

I saddle up on Bataar and make my way to a ford in order to cross the rivers flowing through the Great Plains. After crossing the first one, I notice a hurt Orc in the south running towards me, armed with a club. Why is it's weapon worse than a goblin's...? Doesn't matter. Taking my bow, I stop Bataar and shoot it. After hitting it a few times, I charge and impale the panicked Orc with my lance. A few minutes later, a group of 5 Kobolds becomes visible, armed with spears. "My next target. The spears will be annoying." They propably chased the Orc here. But no bows... I grin. They're no threat. Using Bataar I stay out of their range and shoot them until they run, and then hunt them down. Easy prey.

Perhaps I will ride south now and begin heading west at the Junkyard. Yeah, let's do that. I might meet more Kobolds that way. After stretching a bit, I continue riding south.

Very soon, I spot a group of six Goblins and seven Kobolds fighting in the distance. Both seem to be armed with swords. I laugh, and urge Bataar to run faster. "You will learn to fear cavalry." One hundred meters from the skirmish, I equip my lance. The Goblins and Kobolds in question noticed me a bit before, but are quite busy fighting each other. About fifteen seconds later, Bataar crashes in the group throwing four enemies down – they propably won't stand up soon - and I quickly kill 2 Kobolds with some quick jabs using my spear. The rest takes some distance from me, afraid. I use this chance to gain some distance, preparing for the next charge. Looking back, the Goblins and Kobolds seem to have made an alliance against me. Seven left. Pathetic. I switch my weapon to my bow and beginn shooting at them. They, in response, charge at me. Before they get close, I shoot down two and begin my own charge. Bataar simply runs two of them over and I impale another, but they inflicted some wounds on Bataar. Deciding that Bataar should rest for now, I drop my lance (with an still impaled goblin on it) and jump down and face the remaining two enemies with my scimitar.

The winner is the one that hits first... I run towards them and faint a downwards slash at the right one, but kick him in the stomach with all my weigth and speed behind it. The other slashes at me with his sword and cuts my torso on the left side. In response, I hack of his arm and then his head. After finishing off the remaining enemies, I decide to rest. After using basic first aid skills to treat our injuries, Bataar and I alternate with resting and guarding, while I count my kills. 14 Goblins, 1 Orc, and 12 Kobolds.

The next morning, our wounds are somewhat healed, so we beginn traveling towards the Orc camp after passing the Junkyard.

Very soon, I discover a boar warrior wielding a hammer, smashing the remains of a kobold group. Luckily, it has it's back turned towards me. I kill it with a charge by impaling it's neck from behind and chase down the remaining Kobolds, killing four.

After travelling for a bit more and enjoying the wind, I spot two Orcs. This time, in order to take less injuries, I turn them into pincushions with my bow and use the pillaged spears to kill them with a spear throw.

While recovering the used arrows and spears, I discover traces of a battle between Orcs and a Cyclops. A great chance to hunt the injured Orcs. Cavalry is best at doing that. I urge Bataar in the direction I suspect the Orcs in and am lucky enough to find four injured Orcs, which begin to run away from me. Chasing them at full speed, I beginn shooting them with arrows, hitting their backs and legs. After a few shots, two can't run anymore. I'll leave them for later. A few minutes later, none of the Orcs can do more than crawl. Let's end their suffering – I get down and behead them.

Suddenly, Bataar get's restless. In a hurry, I saddle up and gallop towards the east, away from the forest. Looking back, dozens of boar warriors comes into view. Attacking them directly would be suicide, especially with the wounds that haven't healed completely yet. The best option would be to harrass them with arrows using Bataar's immense stamina. But right now, I would rather flee. A decisive factor for that decision is the similiar number of Orcs coming from the south. If I were to fight, they might encircle me. Perhaps there will be a chance to make the remaining kills, even if I have to wait until the battle is almost over.

From a distance, I watch them clash. Their physical prowess is impressive, but they are a bit lacking in tactice. It reminds me of a brawl, but with fatal consequences. They pummel each other, without a trace of order. Soon, the first ones can't stand up anymore and die. I still have to kill four boars and eight Orcs, don't I? I will wait until there are only about ten left from each side. But before it came to that, a small group consisting of four Orcs and five Boars split off from the main group while fighting. Seems like a chance.

I take out my bow and shoot an arrow, but judge it to be inefficient. The bow is to weak to have much of an effect on them. They didn't even notice. Grasping a pillaged lance, I charge the border of the smaller group and impale a boar while passing by, leaving the spear behind, to equal their number. Equal number fight longer and get injured more.

Seeing that the small group is weakening, I charge again and Bataar crashes into the group while I beginn stabbing the boars and Orcs with my steel lance, using the initial chaos to kill two of each side and leaving the remaining wounded, I retreat and prepare for my next charge. The remains of the small group try te reunite with the main battle, but my charge hits them before they reach it and I kill it's remains.

While I was busy with the smaller group, the main battle slowly reached it's peak. Right now, both sides are continuously losing men, but it seems like the boar warriors are losing. Soon, the six remaining boars beginn to flee while eight Orcs give chase. And I charge the Orcs. With my first charge, one gets crushed by Bataar and I impale another. Now, the Orcs are running together with the boars. After calmly killing two more Orcs I retreat towards the Frontier Village.

One day later, during which I avoided further combat, I arrive at the Frontier Village. I let Bataar run free (he is quite self sustaining after all) and enter the Teleport Gate to the Flying City of Aeternus. After writing the report while being harassed by Platys and counting my kills (14 goblins, 15 orcs, 6 boar warriors and 16 kobolds), I hand the report to the commander.

"Reporting for duty!"
    Reporting for duty! @shad12ow

AliceShiki and fuzor100 like this.
  13. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 20 Slimes [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE6 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Wandering Rabbits [ 80 G ]
    ========================================================
    "Ah, good day, soldier. Let me see the report. Hmm.....Okay, all nice and cleanly executed. Minimum environmental damage too. Impressive. Usually we will get a bit more environmental damage from gun user. Very good. Here is 400 G for the job well done. Take care now~!"
    OOC: Nah, this is average. We have some that is 16K words, 14K words, and more. Trust me. This is average in here. Hahaha~! And as for swear words, I think your style is good. Just censored them. Looking forward to your next adventure~!

ghjk likes this.
  14. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    ========================================================
    "Ah, welcome back, soldier! Report, please!....Hmm...a mix of cavalry charges and archery? Fascinating! As an archer myself, I am very pleased to see another one that is in the same area of expertise of mine. Well, I used crossbow and mana shooter, though. Not that different, I say. Hmm...let's see....I can't see anything wrong with the report. Goblins, Orcs, Boar Warriors, and Kobolds. All has been executed nicely. Take this 270 G as your reward. Take care and I'm looking forward that what you can do next time. Hahaha~!"

Chambui likes this.
  15. seriouslynope

seriouslynope [Armoured Madman][Ninja Hobo of War]

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I have never bothered censoring myself boss...ever.

16. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Different people, different style. Just deal with it. Hahaha~!

ghjk, AliceShiki and seriouslynope like this.
  17. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    As Shadow said, you didn't write too much, and no worries, you can write as much as you like, we'll be happy to read through the whole of it! \(^^)/
    And as Rald-kun said, no need to censor yourself if you don't feel like it, we don't mind it either, there were some pretty gruesome scenes on some reports a while back, a bit of swearing is not a problem.

ghjk likes this.
  18. ghjk

ghjk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, I'll be sure to tell @gkjh, who has a flamethrower, to minimize collateral damage. *salutes*

ooc: alright then, I'll stick to writing like this, ty for the heads up

19. Jibs

Jibs 『Still alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯』

Reading List:
    Link
    i see thanks for the input sorry ill try to do better next time in grammar and typos XD
    i made a lot of loot so we can have basic stuff so their won't be that much loot next time
    but thanks for the feed back :D:D

20. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Anytime. We strive to help~!

Jibs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.