Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghjk

ghjk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @shad12ow

Great Plain - #SE3 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Orcs [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE4 - E-Ranked - Slay 5 Boar Warriors. [ 70 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE5 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Kobolds [ 100 G ]
    North Mountain - #SD1 - D-Ranked - Slay 30 Cliff Goat [ 150 G ]
    Crooked Mountain - #SD1 - D-Ranked - Put 5 undead to Rest [ 130 G ]
    Treacherous Port - #SD1 - D-Ranked - Slay 5 Bandits [ 150 G ]

(Beretta's POV)
    After leaving Aeternus through the same exit as last time, PFC Long and I double timed it towards Frontier Town. It was going to be a long trip this time, so I didn't feel like spending more time than needed in the Great Plains. There were no enemies on the way.

By the time Frontier Town was in sight, it was dark, but we could see that it was being attacked by two squads of Orcs, ten total. Five on the east side and five on the north side. Ordering Jason to take the Orcs that were on the east side, I personally went to deal with the Northern Orcs. He was slower, but I had to travel further so we'd enter combat at roughly the same time.

The preoccupied orcs didn't notice me until I blasted the head off of one their brethren at 20 meters. Two of them kept attacking the town while the other two came to deal with me. Switching to my shotgun, I blasted the both of them. One lost a head, the other got hit in center mass, sending him flying 3 meters back. Quickly looking over at Jason, I could see a long jet of dark, blue napalm shoot out from his NA4 Flamethrower. The tank of fuel on his back glowed in the dark. His 30 meter stream of dark blue death caught four Orcs on its first pass. The last one only got set on fire, but it would burn to death soon. They don't call 'em Hellbringers for no reason.

Now it was my turn to finish up. This time, only one Orc came at me. Red roses bloomed on his stomach as the buckshot did its job. The last one was still intent on the town, so he died with three pistol bullets to center mass. It would've taken two pistol shot to do the job, but I needed to be sure. 10 Orcs dead, and it was only the first day.

Night was fully upon us now and we made full use of the in-built night-vision. Still not stopping, we made it to North Mountains on the afternoon of the second day. The steep slopes were treacherous and Jason had to be extra careful with his awkward load. On our way, I decided to go spelunking again. We split up this time. I was going to circle around from the North, walking the border between the Volcano region and the North Mountains. Long was to mirror my trajectory, but a few clicks south.

(Jason's POV)
    We I finally got away from her. She's a f***ing demon I tell you. All members of the UNSC get augmented when they start service. But ODSTs like her get extra. It's not even fair I tell you. I'm here dragging around 100kg of napalm while they get to prance around in exosuits and actual armor. If I get hit, I'm done I tell you. Anyways, the plan was to circle around the North Mountains and meet each other on the other side, but I got lazy so I just decided to cut through the center.

Okay that was a terrible idea. I'm walking on a mountain path when suddenly I see a goblin. It turns and runs away so I follow it with my flamethrower in hand. I'm thinking "This will be easy" and then I turn the corner.

Because holy f***ing Jesus Christ there is a large cave opening.... And there are probably 50 goblins standing there looking at me. So I did what my training told me and I pulled the trigger on my trusty ol' flamethrower. Without a moment's delay, a beautiful blue spray billowed out of flamethrower. Contrary to expectations, the light that the flying napalm emitted isn't very bright. But the fires it left behind were blinding. The jet of super-heated liquid stuck to the goblins, consuming them. The liquid fire splashed onto rocks and pooled in small crevices. It turned their damaged steel blades into pools of hot magma. As I swept the jet to catch all the poor goblins, you could see the panic in their eyes as they fled. As destructive as flamethrowers were, they were better used as weapons of psychological warfare. Before you knew it, all the goblins were either burnt ashes or molten bones. There were 47 in that group.

I looked around more but the path ended at the cave. I had to go in to get through I assumed. Walking back into the cave of death, I could see the places where the napalm had landed. There were patches of cooling napalm catching fire and sheets of glass where they landed. Lines of molten steel and rock flowed in the cracks, lighting the cave.

"Welcome to hell" I joked.

Trudging through the molten wasteland and relying on my special heat-resistant armor, I traveled through the cave. Sometimes I would meet some goblins, sometimes the dog-like Kobolds, and sometimes there were buff pig dudes, but it didn't matter, they all melted. The cave-turned-tunnel was larger than I first thought and it took me quite a while to go through. But that was only a matter of time.

Continuing my journey, I hiked down cliffs, climbed up slopes, and burned my way through tunnels. I eventually came by an extremely large plateau. Looking around, I spotted an Orc camp and a whole bunch of goats.

I was having a goat barbecue that night.

(Beretta's POV)
    I'd already reached the rendezvous point. PFC Long was probably taking his sweet time cooking everything in his way. There wasn't much on my way here, just some Kobolds, Boar Warriors, Goblins, Orcs, and Cliff Goats. So far, all of these could be taken down easily with a shot to the head. Well I did sometimes miss, but that's why I carry extra.

It was the dawn of the sixth day when we finally met back up. Now it was time for a three-day fast-march down to the Crooked Mountains. In the Orcs' territory, we actually didn't come across too many Orcs. We only had to deal with six patrolling squads and scouting group, totaling 32 Orcs. Nothing else really lived here.

By the ninth day we reached the edge of the Crooked Mountains. On the tenth day we met our first undead. I shot at its heart first, but it didn't die. So it's one of those zombie kind of undead. Another shot to the head finished the first one off. However, the loud gunshots from my rifle alerted all the nearby undead to our location. I ordered Jason to cook 'em all with his much quieter flamethrower. I couldn't smell through sealed helmet, but it looked like it smelled pretty good. Any kind of flesh when cooked has that kind of tendency.

We couldn't stay here though, our actions alerted a whole horde of unholy creatures and we had to retreat from the Crooked Mountains before we were overrun. With all these fleshy targets around, Jason and his flamethrower were a godsend.

On the 11th day, we turned our efforts toward Treacherous Port. Leaving a path of burnt carnage through the Crooked Mountains, we double-timed it through the unknown lands. By the time we got to Treacherous Port however, we had already filled up our bandit quota. Well it was good to fill up on water and rest up a bit I guess, but we didn't really run into much trouble. The two of us did meet a couple more bandits in the tavern there, but I easily put them down with my combat knife. Although I wasn't pretty at all with my helmet off, adorning a large scar going from my right eye to my left cheek, I guess they just haven't seen a woman in that long.

(Jason's POV)
    The treacherous port wasn't really that treacherous if you ask me. Boss and I spent a day there and left on the 15th day, the Corporal called in for a mongoose to be drop-podded to a nearby location. After collecting the two-person ATV; she took the driver's seat, of course, we took the most direct route back to Aeternus. Cutting through the sand dunes of the Unkown Lands, speeding past Orc Camps in the Orc Territory, bouncing off rocks in the Gallant Pass, and finally running out of gas on the Great Planes.

I destroyed it with a grenade to prevent anyone from stealing it and the two of us just walked back to the floating city. That trip took 18 days.

TL/DR: We killed too many of the things we needed to kill...in 18 days

2. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE3 - E-Ranked - Slay 15 Orcs [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE4 - E-Ranked - Slay 5 Boar Warriors. [ 70 G ]
    North Mountain - #SD1 - D-Ranked - Slay 30 Cliff Goat [ 150 G ]
    Crooked Mountain - #SD1 - D-Ranked - Put 5 undead to Rest [ 130 G ]
    Treacherous Port - #SD1 - D-Ranked - Slay 5 Bandits [ 150 G ]
    ==========================================================================
    "Welcome back, soldiers! I see that you have been doing your job nicely. Report, if I may?....Hmm....Well, you've done good. It's just that....please don't kill too much aside from your designated mission. Reason? We are not keen on making them extinct and slaughter is not our style. Just try to keep it moderate, okay? Especially that flamethrower of yours. Speaking of flamethrower, why are you dragging 100KG napalm? Why not put them inside the item box? It is compact and will be able to carry quite a lot without making it heavier even a bit. Space magic is used in that item. And....why walk toward the floating city? There is teleportation gates set up in Frontier Village, the closest settlement from Treacherous Port. In fact, there is an airship service you can use for free from there to Aeternus. Might want to check that out next time. And....that's all, I guess. Here is 650 G for your job, divide them by yourself. Take care now."

ghjk likes this.
  3. ghjk

ghjk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm.. I'll need to do some research on this item box.. it seems very useful. Sorry about the killing, we'll try to tone it down for now. Thank you very much, sir! *salutes*

4. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, good to have understanding soldier. *salutes*

ghjk likes this.
  5. SorakaNii

SorakaNii 『Trash Carnivore』『NEET』

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SD5 - D-Ranked - Slay 1 Kobold Leader [ 120 G ]
    Desert Village - #SE3- E-Ranked - Slay 30 Desert Scorpion - [70 G]
    Desert Village - #SD1- D-Ranked - Slay 20 Large Desert Mouse- [75 G]
    Desert Village - #GE1 - E-Ranked - Harvest Ice Cabbage [ 80 G | 1 x Ice Cabbage ]
    solo
    Looking back, I was able to overcome every quest even with a lot of difficulties, so according to logic, I shall aim higher. That being said, I haven’t been to my shop for ages~ so by anonymous decision, I’ll go home. Perfect! I lighted a lamp and head towards the basement. The shop was dusty all over since I left it for quite a while. The interior of the basement was full of shelves with some glass-like container that is either filled with purple, blue, red liquid or empty. I continued walking and arrived at the corner where a big round table with pentagram drawn at the center, ehem~ so where was I? uhmm… oh well, (throws script) long story short, I’m confident I can’t kill a boss monster but at least I’ll increase my other offensive skill, known as “poison”… and diversion skill obviously. There’s no way in hell I’m facing it head on. Right now, I’m currently facing one of the shelves right now that doesn’t belong to any category mentioned above.

“Is the one who made these strange in the head?”

The contents of the bottle are not liquid but, food submerged in water. Clearly enough, its purpose was to contaminate the water with poisonous rotten food… I don’t know who made those though, so let’s leave those things alone. I reached out for the equipment box and head directly towards the table. Preparation done! So todays harvest are; [Exotic Fern (purple)], 5 pieces, [Nightshade Flowers], 6 pieces and [Rhino Umbrella Leaf], 3 pieces. Exotic ferns are ferns that are exotic, nightshade flowers are flowers that are nightshade, and Rhino Umbrella Leaf is… a Leaf that is like a rhino? On an umbrella? Well those are how they look. Appearance aside, they are certainly ingredients for potion making. I grabbed a pinch per plant and took it in my mouth to activate the passive skill [Ingredient Absorption]. [Ingredient Absorption] is a skill activated when you ingest an ingredient, after a while it gives you some sort of gut-feeling-like knowledge of the effects. By the way, [Exotic Fern (purple)] is poison and burns, [Nightshade Flowers] are poison and sedative and [Rhino Umbrella Leaf] is poison and numbness… Huh? I feel like I learned a new skill, something with the effect of separating common substance between things, [Arithmetic]? [Algebra]? Yes, probably that. Well, anyhow I was able to separate the poison.

I took out a tab filled with water and started sorting out the ingredients. This time, I’m planning on making some harmless potion in preparation for my reopening someday. I took out a flask filled with water and dumped the concentrated poison. By the way, I was able to extract the poison from all of them through the skill. The flask ended up turning dark purple that I’m seeing a bunch ghost-esque faces, probably just my imagination. I took 4 flasks and pour the poison evenly on every container, then added water to dilute it. Now, let’s mesh up the other ingredients; I took out an [Exotic Fern (purple)] and minced them inside the crucible until it turned mushy. I poured it with water and squeezed out the remaining juice on a flask. I heat the remains until what is left at the crucible is completely dry. I sprinkled small nickel on top of the burnt exotic fern and inserted round flints, repeating this process with the remaining [Exotic Ferns (purple)]. As for the [Nightshade Flowers], I took off their petals and threshed them with a knife, placed it on a knitted rattan to heat it face down in an open metal plate. I prepared the machine Exhaust Absorber, a pipework that has a fan run by a spindle on the middle, to absorb the gas and placed 3 small canisters on its outlet. Operating the rotating fan with its spindle, the fumes coming from the burning [Nightshade Flower] petals was absorbed by the machines mouth storing the sleeping fumes inside the canisters. I sealed the opening. Then lastly, the [Rhino Umbrella Leaf]. I made a small cut at the end of the leaf, ripped it slowly in two sides and cut them into large pieces. I molded the solid remains of the [Exotic Fern] along with the flint round and rolled it with gunpowder. Salivate the umbrella then wrapped the balls, not mine, making four in total. I hardened it with ice.

“I guess that’s it.”

It was a success, I was able to refine 5 [Diluted Poison], 5 [Corrosive Potion], 3 [Sleeping Gas], 3 [Stun Bomb]. The process just now was called [Recipe] making. The [Magic Refining Table], the table with pentagram which is enchanted with [Recollection Magic] and [Composition], will immediately record the process of creating the potion and turn them into a [Recipe]. Also, the [Recipe] cannot be reproduced aside from using [Magic Refining Table], and with just the [Recipe] and ingredients, the table can immediately turn it into potion. By the way, I’ve throw the single stun bomb on the wall. The leaves of the [Exotic Ferns (purple)] are able to contain the corrosive acid and on top of that, able to inherit the same acidity on its exterior. So it should be able to inherit the numbness of the [Rhino Umbrella Leaf] which only takes effect when ingested. The flint during impact will ignite the nickel and will scatters the leaf containing the numbness. The bomb thrown only made a small explosion sound and shatters, leaving the round flint behind. It was fireless and only light smoke came out of it. I reached out to the smoke and was struck with jolt-like sensation afterwards my whole body went crippled as expected.

As always, having nobody to share this success is very lonely, I’m not that really confident in making any though, for starters, I want a girlfriend *tears.

I shed small tears over that agonizing fact. The crippling wore out in about 2 minutes. I stood up and cleaned up potions on the table. In any case, there’s nothing harmless about this at all. I picked up the flint and I walk out of the basement and locked the shop. Ah, that’s right…

“I forgot my humor.”

…J-just in case. Who knows maybe I’ll score some friends, right? Well, no need for it today.

. . .

I passed by the [Great Plains] and was attacked by a number of [Goblins] on the way. I drained their blood per usual and proceeded to the [Kobolds] settlement. There was a small cave with a single dog guarding the front. I throw a canister of [Sleeping Gas] at the cave. The [Kobolds] was startled by the sound and with their keen sense of smell, they immediately run towards to me on all fours along with their weapons. It might be lucky that only the small once came without the [Kobold Leader]. The running [Kobolds], accompanied by the strong rustling of leaves, instantly surrounds the lone person who threw the [Sleeping Gas].

“At least, the [Kobold Leader] lying in wait will be sleeping. [Bound Catalyst], [Leap]!”

I crushed a vial of [Wandering Rabbit’s Blood] to leap forward and stabbed a [Kobold] in the way making it as though I’m aiming for the entrance. The bipedal [Kobolds] immediately turned back to all fours and run towards the entrance to block it as expected. I brandished my knife and crushed a single vial of [Boar Warrior’s Blood], [Bound Catalyst], [Reflex Counter]. I did not stop running until 3 [Kobolds] intercepted with their swords. The [Reflex Counter] activated and parried the swords. The [Kobold] who attacked lost balance and I cut their chest in a wide motion. The three fell and few of the [Kobolds] retreated a few step. The [Reflex Counter] lost its effect but the [Kobolds], with the frontline easily collapsed, they crumbled and start attacking without any coordination. I dealt with their attacks by parrying or evading while talking advantages of the gaps, driving an attack in while continuing to advance. The last [Kobold] showed fright and when I was about to deliver a blow, I was slammed into a tree. The impact felt like being squeezed out of air and shaking directly my brain to its core. Forcing my pained body and dizzied vision to look, I gallant form of a dog with a ball in chains, was standing at the cave entrance. It let out a howl which froze my dull senses.

It hurts, I can’t move. How can I face this? Can’t you just obediently sleep?

The [Kobold Leader] was closing in slowly dragging along his ball and chain. The dullness faded. Grasping for air, I immediately thought out my next course of action. Incidentally, I thought of using [Nimble] but I think the attack just now broke a rib and I’m even coughing up liquid tasting like metal, I can’t stand another hit of that scale. [Bound Catalyst], [Harden]. I crushed 10 vials of [Orc’s Blood] to withstand the attack of the [Kobold Leader] who is about to make the mincemeat out of me. It finally got close enough to attack. It raised its flail and smashed it against me. I crossed out my hands and the ball pressed hardly against my arms that even the ground hollowed slightly. I immediately stood up and sliced its eyes. It let out a cry and started rampaging with a ball in his hand while clawing on the other, I took a few step backwards. The wound was shallow and I doubt harden will last for more attacks, currently I have 2 choices, either remain defensive or be offensive. If I throw in [Stun Bomb], there’s a chance that it will resist or we’ll both be crippled if I approached, and I don’t have offensive skill enough to be able to kill the [Kobold Leader].

“Tch, better settle this quick.”

I spit out blood and took all [Goblin’s Blood] and crushed them. I took a look at the rampaging [Kobold Leader] who’s about to calm down. I dropped my dagger and glared fiercely towards the leader. Realizing my intention, it also dropped its weapon.

“[Bound Catalyst], [Bash] Infinity!!! Raaaaaaaaaaaaa!”

“wOooOoOoo!!”

Shouting our war cries, we both run towards each other with open fist. At the moment of clash, the one with higher reach punched downwards as though trying to flatten the smaller one, while the smaller one, did an uppercut towards the falling jaw of the bigger one.

“BaM!”

A sound strongly resounded at the vicinity somewhere in [Great Plains], and there stood…… me with a fist raised up high. The [Kobold Leader] misjudge my speed as I was making a smaller stride while running and leaping the moment it brought down its fist. Due to that, the fist only grazed the hair and the uppercut ended the match. However, it was hardly a perfect victory. I suffered broken ribs and breathing failure. I lied down and drank four small bottles of [Mermaid’s Blood (Wine)] on my mouth, [Bound Catalyst], [Regeneration]. I closed my eyes to forget about the pain while slowly recovering. Ah right, I stood up and drained the blood of the [Kobold Leader], then finally went back to sleep.

Evening that day, I woke up. The broken ribs were already patched up and I can now breathe slowly. I cut off the ears of the [Kobolds] and the [Kobold Leader] and go home to continue recovering. I went towards the closest town and teleported to [Desert Village] so by the time I wake up I can immediately start up my other quest.

In the [Dsert Village], it hardly rains. So it’s fine to camp outside, not to mention, there are beautiful stars and northern lights which is it’s quite the spectacle. There are monsters but nowhere nearby the farm yards. Special types of plants called [Ruthrem Crop] are able to ward monsters when in contact with the ground. [Ruthrem Crop] could be any type of plant that has the capability of warding monster. It also shows physical variation with other plants of similar type. According to research, [Cabbage], in particular, shows frequent signs of being a [Ruthrem Crop]. That’s why in most farms, there are always cabbage patches despite being low in demand. However, only fully grown cabbage will exhibit the nature of a [Ruthrem Crop], its form will crystalize and will melt in the presence of any light.

These [Ice Cabbages] can only be harvested at night with such low visibility. On the bright side, there are no harmful monsters. I plan on taking care of that quest by tomorrow along with the killing quests, and it’ll be easy since I have the [Night Vision] skill.

Huh? Did I have this kind of potion before?

I was sorting out my potions while walking towards the farm yard. What was in my hand was a Pink Cloudy Potion I have no memory of making nor knowing its effects. I continued dazing as I tried recalling what kind of potion it was as I was struck with a bad feeling.

“Best guess would be poison, but I have a feeling its no-… wah!”

I tripped onto something and the potion was spilled on a plant… an [Ice Cabbage] at that. The cabbage sizzled as if being stir fried.

“When this happens, it means I won’t be getting another [Ice Cabbage] tomorrow. Hah~ I still need to recuperate so I’ll leave this for tomorrow.”

I walked towards the tent renting area when suddenly…

“U-uhm.”

A voice, in a middle of nowhere, called out to me. It was spoken faintly but still I can hear it as though it was nearby. I looked back and found a girl in her birthday suit covering his twin peaks. Her long wavy hair was green with a tint of blue. Her age is about the same as mine and she was a very cute that only for a second, I thought it was reality. I approached the girl and spoke.

“Howdy~ can you wait here as I fetch our tent?”

The girl nodded and I immediately set off to fetch a tent. I ushered the girl to sleep together and she obeyed meekly. We shared the same blanket and sleep off.

I probably fell asleep in the middle of it; there’s no way I have a pink potion, there’s no way I immediately discovered an [Ice Cabbage], and there’s no way a naked pretty girl would appear so suddenly. Anyway, let’s sleep and get this dream over.

. . .

“…Up”

“I’m hurt… let me sleep… more”

“Wake up!”

An old woman who rented the tent in my dreams hit me with a fist on the forehead.

“It’s monster time so get up, and don’t be bringing girls on my tents!”

I stood dazed as the old woman took its leave like a typhoon passing. I forced my sleepy body up and rubbed my eyes. It was already sunrise. The people who are lodging on tents are already folding their tents. I tried to stand up but my waist feels like being weighed down by a heavy object.

“Who? Now that I think about it, I did call out to her last night to sleep. Oi~”

An unclothed blue-green haired girl was clinging to my side. I shook her to wake her up.

“Nn~ Master?”

She slowly opened her eyes and immediately called out to the one who woke her up. I feel like I really need THAT today to survive, so I’ll be going back to the shop to pick it up. I wrapped the girl with the blanket and returned the tent to the old lady.

“Anyway, bringing girls and alcohol is prohibited here. You got that?”

“I’m sorry, I found her already naked so I brought her to the tent.”

“Let’s get this clear, you didn’t do anything strange?”

“No.”

The old lady eyes fiercely told me “I won’t forgive you if you lie.” In truth, my body was very tired that I immediately sleep after I went to bed. Her look softens and smiled softly.

“Good, I’ll bring in some clothes for the girl. If you’re a man, there must be something wrong with you.”

“I appreciate it.”

The old woman went inside the room. I look at the girl who is wearing only a blanket. I also think there’s something wrong with me. But for now…

“Name?”

“None.”

“? Should I call you none?”

“I have no name.”

Oh. however I don’t have anyways to call her. Let’s think about it after I get THAT back from the shop. The old lady came back carrying a few dresses.

“Here. They are hand me downs when I was young.”

“Thank you very much. Oh and, can I buy the tent? I’ll pay it along with the clothes.”

“Haa~ you seem to have no expression at all. I’ll just charge you for the tent, the clothes are for the lady over there anyway.”

The old lady sighed. I pulled out 5 Gold and gave it to the old lady. The girl already choose what she will wear and decided on a half tank top, a not so glamorous small leather vest, brown short pants with a large buckle and boots, all together, coupled with her face, gave her outfit a noble like feeling. Lastly, she tied a small dagger on her waist. I stored the rest of the clothes inside my [Inventory] and left the shop. We rode the [Teleporter] and finally arrived at my shop. I went towards the basement dragging along the girl. I picked up THAT and… I took a deep breath, 3, 2, 1.

“W-why are you following me!?”

Seriously!? I sleep with a naked girl? Just what sort of galge is this?! Ahhh~ not having humor was a disaster!! Anyway, let’s calm down. I look at the girl who tilted her head, very cute! 100 points!! No wait, the issue comes first.

“Ehem! Anyway, why are you following me?”

“You dragged me here, no?”

“Eh~ so it was my fault, Like hell! Are you really 3D?!”

“3D?”

“Answer my question, damn it!”

What’s wrong with this girl! Making cute gestures every time I ask question, so cu- no, I mean, it makes me angry! *Sigh, calm down. I took a peak at the girl who had question marks on her head.

“What should I call you?”

“You?”

“Gah!”

Is “you” even a name!? ah, ehem! She was just asking mine. Forgive me for that misplaced comment.

“Let me introduce myself, I am Leyta Svet.”

“I don’t have a name. But I am an [Ice Cabbage] who just turned human.”

“Wait!”

I immediately put my hands on my head. I mean that time, when I was about to sleep. [I probably fell asleep in the middle of it; there’s no way I have a pink potion, there’s no way I immediately discovered an [Ice Cabbage], and there’s no way a naked pretty girl would appear so suddenly. Anyway, let’s sleep and get this dream over.] ahh!

“Are you perhaps, the [Ice Cabbage] who were just doused with the Pink Potion and turned into a girl?”

“Pim Pon!”

The girl smiled and raised a finger. Wait! is that your true character?! As I thought, she’s acting innocent all along. Anyway, that aside, I’ve secured an [Ice Cabbage]. What is left is [Slay 30 Desert Scorpion] and [Slay 20 Large Desert Mouse]. Let’s do to it!

“Hey, I need to do some hunting. Would you rather stay here?”

“I’m coming with you. And give me a name already.”

“…Hmm~”

“Say [Cabbage] and I’ll cut you down.”

“Then, [Pumpkin]”

“No way, [Cabbage] is much cooler than that plant!”

“Then, nice to meet you, [Pumpkin]”

“*Sigh, I’m counting on you, Leyta.”

And now a strange partnership between a Pumpkin (Cabbage) and Leyta happened. Haha~ where’s the innocent girl who called me master. *tears Anyway, we returned back to [Desert Island] to complete the quest. The desert was wide and as always, and [Desert Scorpions] were scattered everywhere. I bought another dagger for [Pumpkin] so that she could also fight.

“By the way, I’m always drawing out blood from monster for [Apothecary]. I’ll be giving you empty flasks so do it too.”

“I know, for [Spatial Summon] and [Skill Bind] right?”

“What?”

“It’s not? Hmm, for some reason, I have this [Spatial Summon] skill which is able to summon monsters to attack from another space like “za warudo”, while [Skill Bind] is to use the skill of monsters using your own magic. It uses blood as catalyst.”

“Oh~ it’s different from mine then. I’ll hand you a single vial [Forest Goblin’s Blood]”

“Hand over some paper too.”

“Is [Filter Paper] fine with you?”

“It should be.”

Pumpkin crouched down and after receiving the vial and the paper. She opened the vial, doused her finger with blood and wrote some incomprehensible things. She held it between her fingers and chanted, [Skill Bind], [Nimble].

“Done”

“Oh! How do you use it?”

“I just put it some magic and it’ll work. If I use it myself, I can make it work until my magic runs out, if I inject some magic and plastered it on someone, it’ll also work out.”

“Cool~ I want a stand too.”

“Then I’ll be going, Leyta, [Nimble]!”

Putting the paper in the middle in her fingers, the paper released some sparks and the sparks enveloped her body. She throws the paper and leaped towards the scorpion. Cool exit! I guess I should respond coolly too, I throw a single vial of [Orc’s Blood] catch it and turn on [Harden] silently. I should change class to [Fist Fighter]. Anyway, the [Desert Scorpion], despite its large size, is quite soft and easy to snap in two. I run towards the [Desert Scorpion] and started pummeling, throwing and snapping them in two with hardened hands. Pumpkin used my previous fighting style that utilizes [Nimble] while cutting enemies. No, she might be better in using it especially if she uses two daggers. We finally reached the quota and heeded to the direction where a lot of [Large Desert Mouse]. [Large Desert Mouse] are a specie closely packed together despite hunting independently. She leaped towards a mouse and stabbed it.

“Pumpkin, watch out!”

The whole pack of mouse immediately leaps towards Pumpkin who stabbed their kin. They all jumped at the same time and piled on her. I run towards Pumpkin to help, however when I got close, she burst out of the pile and finished the rest.

“That was close, oh! Did I worry you, master?”

“…How’d you get out of there?”

Pumpkin looked at me and smiled mischievously. Damn cabbage, I immediately switch topics. I-it’s not like I was worried or anything, alright? For now, I should avoid saying that.

“Nothing much, I killed those who leaped on me first to be a meat shield from the others.”

Well, I’m glad she’s safe. After that, we had our dinner and finally, without knowing that the magic was about to end, evening arrived. We returned back to the place where I first meet Pumpkin. Right now, I’m sure my face clearly shows signs of being sad. Pumpkin, who is leading me, turned around and pats my shoulder.

“It can’t be helped, I was just a Cabbage in the first place. Oops, I guess it’s Pumpkin now.”

Pumpkin made a small joke while smiling wryly. I really want to say goodbye to her with a smile but I guess it’s currently impossible. Even if I create another pink potion, it wouldn’t be Pumpkin anymore. I was sad over that fact, thinking that we wouldn’t meet anymore. Seeing me in that state, Pumpkin hugged me tightly. My tears flowed out of my eyes.

“I guess this is it. You know, I have fun being with you.”

“…Wait”

“Don’t cry, I might be gone but I will always remain in your heart.”

“wait!”

“I don’t really want to say goodbye to you but… that’s impossible huh. *sniffs”

“wait…”

Pumpkin sniffles, I guess she also started crying. I bet she also doesn’t want to turn back. But I also have a question…

“…what’s that beneath your feet?”

“…tehee.”

Pumpkin, who was supposed to be crying paused for a bit and made an annoying chuckle. She immediately picked it up and presented it to me.

“An [Ice Cabbage], there’s no way I’d let myself become a quest item, right?”

…I really wonder whom she takes after. And give me back my goddamn tears, fuckin` cabbage! We went back to the guild with Pumpkin who keeps saying “cheer up.” As if I’ll forgive her that easily. I almost forgot to add the spoils; 4 flasks of [Kobold Leader’s Blood], 5 flasks of [Kobold’s Blood], 9 flasks of [Large Desert Mouse’s Blood], and 5 flasks of [Desert Scorpion’s Blood] and a cheeky companion.
    Dagger
    Tent
    Girl's Clothes (Assorted)
    [Kobold Leader’s Blood] * 4 flasks
    [Kobold’s Blood] * 5 flasks
    [Large Desert Mouse’s Blood] * 9 flasks
    [Desert Scorpion’s Blood] * 5 flasks
    *sigh, I'm back

@brasca123

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Please put what quests you took, will read it after you do that.

7. SorakaNii

SorakaNii 『Trash Carnivore』『NEET』

Reading List:
    Link
    Done. I didn't notice, sorry

AliceShiki likes this.
  8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Desert Village - #SD1- D-Ranked - Slay 20 Large Desert Mouse- [75 G]
    Desert Village - #GE1 - E-Ranked - Harvest Ice Cabbage [ 80 G | 1 x Ice Cabbage ]
    ================================================================
    Oh, welcome back Leyta-kun.

Huuumm... Let's see... A potion that made a cabbage into a person? And you don't even know how you got it? Talk about weird... Your naming sense is horrible though, you should've given her something cuter.

And... If you want friends, you could always head to the Tavern and try to become closer to other guild members, it's what most people do, you know?

Well, things seem to be in order, so here are your rewards of 445G and one Ice Cabbage.

Take care now, good luck on your next quests!

(( A note here, you were being a bit too... Vague on the numbers, at one point I thought you were fighting 3 kobolds, and then suddenly lots of them, and I had no idea there were more of them there.

I also thought you had only killed a single Desert Scorpion, but on the end you say you got lots of vials of their blood, so I'm assuming you killed some more.

Try to be a bit more specific on how many you killed next time, you don't need the exact amount, but at least make a small description to make it easier to notice you are fighting a big amount.

@shad12ow , just noticed this now, but we are asking people to harvest a single Ice Cabbage and giving them a single Ice Cabbage as reward, we should remove the item from the reward of this quest, and give only gold instead... Either that, or ask them to harvest more than one Ice Cabbage. ))

SorakaNii and shad12ow like this.
  9. Zypher

Zypher Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Desert Village - #SE1- E-Ranked - Slay 10 Large Lizard - [50 G]
    Desert Village - #SE2- E-Ranked - Slay 10 Large Scarab - [50 G]

I have returned... My First Journey Quest is not as Boring as I Expected ((OOC: Heads up to those who gets the reference))...

As I take in the hot dry winds of the desert, I can't help but frown (not that it's visible anyway). The climate reminds me of 'that' place where I was trained. Come to think of it, 'that' place is also surrounded by a desert. Shaking the thought out of my head, I remind myself that 'they' no longer exist.

"Don't think of 'them'... Focus on your quest..."

As I walked a few miles east, I finally saw what I came for.

"Looks like the info was right."

Right before my eyes, a group of large lizards were sunbathing on the outcropping rocks. This seems to be a fairly large group. I can estimate that there are about 13 of them. Inhaling deeply, I activate my skill [Presence Concealment]. Stalking slowly towards the overgrown reptile, one by one I observed them slowly. It seems that I was right, there are 13 of them.

As I move my gaze around, I noticed that one seems to be a bit larger than the rest.

"That must be the alpha."

Unsheathing my kukris, I hold the left one in reverse grip in front of my body parallel to the ground while the other is gripped at the side, pointing towards the ground. I activated another skill, [Flash Forward:Second Shift].

Activating my skill [Zero Space], I was suddenly falling above the Alpha. Swinging my right kukri down, the blade easily cleaved through the lizard's skull due to the added momentum from the fall. The remaining lizards were shocked at my appearance but I gave them no time to react as I thrust my left kukri down through the nearest lizard's throat and swung the other at another lizard beside it.

Two near the Alpha, possible mates. Eliminate with kukri. Four smaller than others. Adolescent stage, threat minimal, kill immediately.

Three adults on the left and two on the right, threat high, eliminate with throwing knives, target: eyes. Only three hit. Critical injury, one dead.

One sleeping behind a rock, injured. Minor threat, eliminate last.

The lizards finally noticed what happened as they gave out growls.

I once more used [Zero Space], materializing between the two wounded reptiles. With a flash, they were decapitated.

Body is getting heavy. Fatigue due to skills. Can't continue for much longer.

'Seven down, six more to go'

Four lizards attacks. Teleport behind the lizards, engage. Shallow cuts, won't kill but weaken.
    Remaining lizards pounce at me with bared fangs, evade and jump back.

Deactivate [Flash Forward], remaining energy sufficient.

Attack, kill the wounded first. Kite around the field, keep them in line of sight. Lizard tries to bite, evade and slash.

The last lizard tries to run. Pursue, double slash to the back. Dead.

After decapitating the injured lizards, I sat in the shadow of a rock.

"Haaaah~" Letting out a deep breath, I let my body relax.

My body is numb. Looks like I overused my skill. I rested for around two hours, I stood up and walked towards the dead lizards.

After I retrieved my throwing knives, I dismantled the Lizards and stored their skins in my inventory.

[Large Lizard Leather x8 acquired]

I then took out a dry jerky and nibbled on it as I sat once more in the shade. Looking at the horizon, the sun was about to set. Perfect, the scarabs should be out by now.

I kept a close eye at the surroundings as the sky way dyed orange. A few moments later and I found the first scarab. I stood up and activated [Presence Concealment]. Walking leisurely towards the scarab, I unsheathed one of my kukri and bisected the insect.

I kept walking around while having [Presence Concealment] activated. By the time the sun was out, I've already killed the required amount of Large Scarabs.

The desert scorpions were also quickly dealt with in the same manner.

However, as I was going back from my hunt for the arachnids, I encountered a Kiing-Variant Desert Scorpion. It's as large as a house with dark brown coloration. It's blood red eyes were locked at me even though my skill was active.

"$#1+!!! It can see me?!"

I cursed as I dove to the left, a stinger pierced the ground I was standing on earlier. Looking quite closely, the sand seems to be... smoking? I didn't get a closer look as the beast once more attacked.

Dodge left, jump back. Activate [Flash Forward:Third Accel], rush towards the scorpion. Pincer attack, duck, slice at the joints. Useless, carapace to thick. Teleport behind the scorpion, attack base of the tail. Slightly effective, scorpion's angry.

Jumping to evade a tail swipe, I moved back couple of feet from the scorpion reassess what's happening.

Okay, situation check.

This massive scorpion has a thick carapace, my blades cannot pass through it. It has insane reflexes and seems to have a little bit of intelligence.

My body is getting more fatigued as the time goes by.

I only have one option left...

Shifting my [Flash Forward] to Fourth Gear, I quickly took off towards the Oasis village. The scorpion gave chase, proving to be extremely fast as well considering that it is keeping up with me who is moving 4x the regular speed.

Seeing an outcropping of rocks on the left, I changed direction towards it. I can use that place to lose it.

The scorpion is closing in as I was nearing the place. A few seconds after entering, I teleported behind a rock, praying that he won't notice where I went.

I heard the scorpion give out a blood curdling scream and then thumping that grows fainter as time passes.
    Safe~ That was a close one. I though I woul- PAIN.

I looked towards where the pain came from. The leather pants was torn at mid-thigh. There a large gash was visible with purple ooze mixing with my blood.

F*#&! The scorpion must have got me earlier during the lag before the teleport.

I sat down, leaning on the rock. I feel the poison slowly taking effect. It felt like the wound is burning and the sensation is slowly spreading throughout my body.

My breathing becomes labored and my arms, legs and body becomes numb. My vision becomes blurry and my consciousness is slowly fading.

With the last of my willpower, I activated [Zero Time] to the limit.

The glaring sunlight woke me from my deep slumber. I looked around and noticed that I was in the place where I killed some overgrown reptiles. I looked towards my thigh and saw a flawless skin underneath a large tear.

I stood up and activated [Presence Concealment]. I quickly ran towards the Oasis village's teleportation portal.

Looks like my first quest isn't as boring as I imagined it to be.

Loot:
    8x Large Lizard Leather
    26x Desert Scorpion sac
    Encountered a King-Variant Desert Scorpion
    >Large as a house
    >Very thick carapace (thinner on the base of the tail)
    >Fast-acting corrosive poison
    >Fast movement and Reaction speed

@shad12ow
    ((OOC: first time doing this... Is this good???))

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    shad12ow likes this.
  10. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    @Zypher
    Well, that is good. But you need to tag the receptionist/staff that accepted your request before. I know that it was me, but you still need to do it. So edit your post and then I'll process it. Thank you~!

11. Zypher

Zypher Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've already tagged you...

12. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you add that after you post it? Because I didn't get the alert. Tagging someone after posting will not alert the person in question. But the format now is fine.

13. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Desert Village - #SE1- E-Ranked - Slay 10 Large Lizard - [50 G]
    Desert Village - #SE2- E-Ranked - Slay 10 Large Scarab - [50 G]
    ===============================================================================
    "Welcome back, Seven. Ah, done with the desert, I see? Let me see the report....Hmm...variant of the scorpion? We might need to investigate later if we find more. And.....a hit and run tactic using teleportation....Quite similar to mine. I'm fascinated. Hahaha~! Well, this is 170 G for your job well done. Take care now~!"

Zypher likes this.
  14. Zypher

Zypher Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay!!! GOLD!!!
    Till next time~

shad12ow likes this.
  15. seriouslynope

seriouslynope [Armoured Madman][Ninja Hobo of War]

Reading List:
    Link

Zypher and shad12ow like this.
  16. Zerith

Zerith [Clumsy Librarian][Blanc's and Jibs' Mage]

Reading List:
    Link

-comes into the receptionist area with bloodied and tattered dress-
    ....F-Finally....done it.....Ugh....I'm s-sorry for the blood and all...and...also my appearance....I'll be sitting over there now....

Elyn's POV:
    At the moment, I’m in the middle of the forest near the Frontier Village, hiding myself behind a big tree. And in front of me I can see a group of kobold. Sadly, they are not the kobold from the multi-race village that is under the control of the Guild. They are what everyone call feral kobold. And, yes, they will a-attack me if they see me.

Ugh….why did I have to do this? And with no magic at that! The only thing I can use is this…dagger….am I going to get back alive?....

So for anyone’s questioning why am I here, it is all due to this dagger I got as an additional reward from my participation in the latest raid. The Guildmaster said that it is for me to use in case I ran out of mana. In one way, that is a good thing since after I think about it, that is a very possible scenario in my future. But then again…..I never have any experience in wielding this weapon…..Any weapon at that matter. I’m a librarian and….as embarrassed for me to say, I am weak. Very, very weak…..

But thankfully, there is someone that is able to teach me. Most of the member suggested me to ask Mr. Rald to teach me. But….I was…too embarrassed to let him see me with my weak body. I guess…I’m not confident enough to ask him too after seeing his way of battle. He is like one of those veteran warrior that can go to battle with enough calmness to analyze the situation and judge the best decision. I, on the other hand, am far from that…Very far. Ah, I forgot to say that the one that will help me is an assassin, I think? She is called Syn. She is known to be use dagger most of the time and she was the one that trained me.

How was the training, you might ask? Uhm…..I was able to follow maybe….1 out of 5 tries. I’m just that bad. And after that, she suggested that I try it on a real enemy. This is not going to be good, I can tell.

Syn's POV:
    I watch below my feet at the wandering kobold below... Hungry.
    Breath silenced in my lungs as I balanced on a tree my body hovering above my prey... So hungry. Then a sound snapped my senses back to the kind face I need to show, beside me a young woman stared wide eyed at the ground below her body practically shaking. She clutch a knife in her white knuckled hand. I held back a chuckle as I patted her back jumping slightly she turned to me slowly. I smiled softly and she returned a face I wasn't sure what it meant, human faces are hard for me to read... I whispered quietly to her. "Relax your grip, and breathe my dear.... I'm here for you." Again a humans face is strange.
    I scanned over the herd of kobold looking for a weaker one, I squinted as I watch the walk of a larger one.....
    Fracture. Tibia..... It seemed not to have healed right causing a slight limp that a predators eye would never miss.
    I pointed at it and told the young human beside me..
    "Aim for that ones left side and stay on his left, you'll be safe."
    A smiled creeped to my face as images and smells ran through my head... Let's see how that foot holds up for you....I'm hungry.

Elyn's POV:
    “Y-Yes, I’ll d-do my best!”

Oh, dear. I could feel I’m sweating so much. I was very nervous being near this female assassin. And the nervousness is very different from when I was with Mr. Rald. It’s like…I am in an unpredictable situation with her. I c-can feel my grip on the dagger tighter with each passing seconds. I know she said that I need to relax, but I…just can’t.

I then decided to just focus on my prey….oh wow, even saying that in mind left me with a bad feeling. She told me to get the one on the left. Why though? Is it weaker? Can she sense it? I…just have to trust her, right?

And with that, I slowly walked toward the kobold on the left. After getting closer, I realized the reason. That one was all alone. The others were a bit farther away. This is good, right?

I then readied my dagger and walked closer to my unsuspecting target. Then in a split second, I was reminded that I don’t know where to attack the kobold. The head? The neck? The heart? I looked at the target and noticed that it wore simple and crude leather armor. No, calling it armor is wrong. Maybe just like slung over some dead animal’s hide? Yeah, probably it. So…the head.

“E-Eh?”

Then suddenly the kobold turned around. Our eyes met and without knowing what happened, I felt a warm sensation on my hand. Why?

“…E-Eh?”

As my eyes fell onto my hand, I noticed that it was position on the neck of the kobold. The dagger has been stabbed perfectly into the creature’s neck. It seemed that I did that instinctively.

“S-Sorry!”

I pulled out the dagger, but it was jammed. That startled me and I was pushed by the kobold backward. Due to that, instead of pulling it out cleanly, the dagger made a movement that slit open the neck of said kobold, drawing more blood from it.

“GUH!”

My body slammed onto a nearby tree. That made the tree rustle and I realized. I just alarmed its fellow kobold! If that is not bad enough, the sound it made just before it stopped moving also added another alarm. And not to mention that I was still dizzy after that impact. T-This is bad!

And just as expected, another kobold came. After finding the dead body of its comrade, it looked at me with anger and then ran toward me with its blade at hand. I managed to dodge it in the last minute. That, fortunately for me, made the blade embedded onto the tree. I used that chance to stab the kobold in the neck just like its friend. But unlike the last time, I managed to pull it out after drawing a clean slice with said dagger. In the end, the kobold died standing while looking at me with anger.

“W-What now!?”

I looked to my side and noticed that another 2 kobolds have arrived. They don’t need to see their dead friend to know that I have been in a fight. They attacked me right away. Their blade missed me only slightly, tearing my dress and slicing me on the arm and legs. It hurts!

At that moment, my levitation spell came to effect and I instinctively pulled out my grimoire. The moment they saw that, I knew they realize that I’m not a normal girl, thus why they took a more cautious stance. I don’t care! The only thing I care about is to leave this place alive!

“O fire that will incinerate anything in its path, come answer my calling and smith my enemies away. Fire Pellets!

As the magic circle on my hand glowed, I snapped my finger and then fire shot out of my hand, hitting one of them, burning the head and killing it instantly. The other one, clearly surprised, just stood there. I fired the same spell toward it and then killed it the same way.

“Ugh…F-Final-GAH!!”

I felt a sharp pain on my shoulder as I rolled to the side. I looked at it and I saw that I a large wound was there. I looked at the sudden crunching sound and saw another kobold was there. T-This is not good. I felt my breathing really is getting heavier and my sight getting shaky. All I can see is a figure carrying a large weapon running toward me.

“O f-fire that will *pant* incinerate anything in its path, co-come ans-*pant*-wer my calling and smith my enemies away.”

After trying my best to chant those, I could see a blade coming onto my head. I dodged it to the side, letting it graze my dress and then point onto the monster’s head.

“FIRE PELLET!!”

The fire engulfed not the head, but the shoulder. After that, the body started to fall onto me. Without any strength left, I was unable to do anything and the body did fell onto me.

“UGH!!!”

It was heavy! How can something the same size as me be so heavy!? In the end, I used my remaining strength to kick it aside. It was dead, I’m sure of it. Why? Because in the last second, I pointed my dagger at its neck, just in case.

“….Ugh!”

Just from breathing I could feel my wound throbbed greatly. The warm blood kept dripping out of it. I hope I’m not losing too much blood since I could feel my sight getting worse.

Then to my fear, a few more sound appeared around me. I looked around and noticed I was surrounded….This is bad…

“H-Help….S-Syn…”

Syn's POV:
    Her blade ripped through the kobold's neck, letting the smell of blood fill my nose... Delicious. I watched closely as the girl swung in fear, until a bright light shown...fire? Burning skin aroma filled my nose as an instant confirmation...
    "H-help.... S-Syn..."
    I watched he voice's body closely... She was bleeding, but wasn't an artery, definitely not fighting condition. I grip Yin and Yang at my waist, and jump landing in front of the injured human.
    "You did great... I'll protect you"
    Before me stands a kobold, a grin crosses my face as I smell the air delicious.
    I stare for an instant.
    Dominate foot, right.
    Dominate hand, right.
    Brute force, low dodge, surprisingly quick attack....
    I dash quickly toward the beast, I see the muscle in the tricep tense allowing me time to flip over the oncoming attack. Sliding in between it legs I slash at its thigh. Yin pierces the armor with not restitance..
    "Femoral"
    Like counting I start to call off my strikes..
    Before It turns I rush again kicking it in the back hard enough I her the vertebrae crack.... Shit Syn act human.
    I quickly cut the wrist
    "Radial"
    Inner arm
    "Brachial"
    And finally neck
    "Cordial"
    Blood slowly drains as every major artery in the body bleeds out... I giggle slightly at the sight.

Elyn's POV:
    W-Who was that!? S-She looked so different…so strong…so….scary….Is this the real strength of the one from the Guild?.... In a few seconds, she has done what will took me forever. I really need to be stronger.

“Ugh!”

The jolt of pain from my shoulder and everywhere on my body snapped me from my amazement at the scene in front of me. I then pulled out a small health potion from my item box, opened it with great difficulty and then drink some of it and then pour the rest on the wound. I forgot where I read that, but it seems that sometimes health potion works like that too. I also forgot which one will work with that method. Thankfully, the potion worked that way too, but only slightly since all it did was to close the wound. But I can still see that the skin layer has not been fully regenerated at all. I guess this is better than nothing.

While still breathing heavily, I stood up and then noticed that Syn has done about….how many did she kill? More than 10, I guess….Bloodied corpses littered the ground. ….Very…scary.

“Eh? W-What’s that?”

I looked behind me due to a sudden sound and found a large figure towering over me. A pair of large bloodshot eyes. Bulging muscles. A large crude sword-like weapon on its hand. And rows of pointy teeth. Just from those alone I know that this one is not like the others. This is the biggest one. The leader.

“S-Syn….W-We need to get away…”

Syn's POV:
    "Listen to my voice my dear," I whispered authoritatively. How the hell are you supposed to comfort a human?!?! As my mind reeled I continued to speak calmly, "If you do exactly what I say you'll be fine."
    I take a deep breath trying to ignore the shoty workmanship of the dagger she carried to this battle that was currently lodged in the body of a very very dead Kobold. "I need you to brandish that blade..."
    Almost as if waking from a haze I heard a small body scamper behind me, and with a loud sucking noise I knew she held the blade in her hand. Good girl.
    I look over the Kobold trying to find where the ribs end... I almost laughed as I saw the white spot of fur right where I was looking.
    "That knife is your new best friend," I chuckled slightly, "And your best friend is going to stab up in the white spot when I count to three.."
    I smile evilly at the beast in front of me, "I'll distract it"

Elyn's POV:
    S-So fast!...I can’t even see her figure more than a second. What is she!?....

N-No, no! Focus, Elyn! I slapped myself on the cheek with my left hand while I grasped the dagger in my right hand. Kuh! It seems that my shoulder hasn’t fully healed. Just the act of grasping it tightly made a sudden sting to my whole hand.

“One”

What?...O-Oh the countdown!

I could barely heard that, but I’m sure Syn just said that. And sure enough, even with that, the large monster is occupied with slashing the area around it, trying to hit Syn, in which not a single one of those strikes even graze her. It was like….a dance. A dance of death, but a dance nonetheless. A beautiful one at that.

“Two.”

My time is near. I breathed in and out to relaxed myself a bit. As I lowered my body, I could feel immense pain all over my body. But somehow I feel….excited? Is this what people often call as the thrill of the hunt? F-Focus, Elyn! This is crucial! You’ll die if you miss this strike. And the strike has to be on that white spot on the monster’s chest. How did she know that it is the weak spot? Experience, probably, right?

“Three.”

Suddenly she jumped toward the enemy and kicked the enemy right on its head. And that’s my cue!!! I ran toward the staggering enemy with my dagger in hand. At that moment, the only thing in my eyes is the monster in front of me and the dagger in my hand. I pushed the dagger onto the target, the white spot. For some reason, it was….soft? But I ignore that and kept pushing the whole blade into it. A loud groan came from the monster and it began to thrash around.

“GUH!!”

Its blade hit me right on my side and I was thrown aside, rolling on the ground. Thankfully, it was the blunt side. Unfortunately, it opened up the wound on my shoulder again…And it hurts!!!!

While winching and grimacing at the pain, I picked myself up and looked toward the enemy. It has stopped moving around and then started to fell backward. A loud thump echoed on the place as its large body hit the ground. I…did it, right?

“You did good my dear.”

A sudden sweet voice entered my ears. I turned to face the source of the voice and saw the familiar face of my partner and tutor. She was smiling at me. So…I did it?

“I…did it?”

“Yes, my dear.”

She continued to smiled. At that, a felt my whole energy left my body and I fell backward again.

“….Finally.”

I lied down, ignoring the dirt and blood on my tattered dress. After that, we came back through the teleportation gate to Aeternus. I learn a lot of thing in such a short time. And one thing I learn the most from this short quest. And that is I should stick with magic. Period.
    • Killed 15 Kobolds (Only 5 by myself while the other 10 by Syn).
    • Killed 1 Kobold Leader ( Got help from Syn, as usual).
    • Dagger is not an easy weapon to use.
    • Always be careful when dealing with a group of monster.
    • Be extra careful when dealing with a group of monster.
    • Stick to magic. Melee is not the way for a mage. Period.

@brasca123

AliceShiki and shad12ow like this.
  17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    ==================================================
    Elyn-chan!? What happened to you!? Why are you looking like this!?

Let me heal you first, we can deal with the report later, Healing Light!

*a light envelops Elyn-chan healing the leftover wounds on her body*

There, better now? Let me see here... I see... You learned with Syn-chan how to use a knife? I agree with you, better to just stick to magic, this kind of thing is better used only on an emergency.

At least you came back safely, the rewards will be 220G divided between the 2 of you.

Take care now, please be safe, okay?

Zerith and shad12ow like this.
  18. Zerith

Zerith [Clumsy Librarian][Blanc's and Jibs' Mage]

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, Hikari! Yes, it is a lesson well learned for me. Hehehe... Oh, Syn , this is the money. How do you want to split it? I don't mind if you take most of it since you do most of the work.
    ((Sorry for forgetting to tag you!!! 。゚・(>﹏<)・゚。 ))

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    AliceShiki and Bielt like this.
  19. taptothebeat

taptothebeat Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Desert Village - #GE2 - E-Ranked - Harvest 5 Baskets of Desert Cereal [ 50 G | 1 x Bundle of Barley, Millet, and Wheat]
    It was my first quest for the adventurers guild; all I could hear was my heart beat loudly. I looked once again at the quest description written on the paper that I had received from the guild receptionist prior,

"Harvest 5 Baskets of Desert Cereal." ​

I read it once again just to make sure. Surely there must be something else written besides those few words. But no, to my dismay, that was it. No hints. No information. I could feel my head spinning already. In my downtrodden state, I exited the adventurer's guild with my eyes only able to view the floor. In such a manner, it was no wonder that I bumped into someone as I was leaving. Not expecting the impact, I frantically started rambling words of apology. "Ah! Excuse me. Sorry! Are you okay?" By the time I looked up, no one was there. I tilted my head to one side, a bit confused.

Only, when I turned around to look behind me, did I see whom I bumped into. A knight clad in armor, from head to toe. A seasoned adventurer. A large sword was strapped to his back, and he wore an iron wrought helmet over his head. I could not help but be in a daze looking over shoulder, as I thought 'how cool' while being enamored. I bumped into him haphazardly, and he did not even mind at all.

I wonder if one day, I will be clad in armor just like him, accepting quests, slaying monsters. As I started to dream, I felt invigorated once again to start my first quest. As I left the Adventurer's Guild once again, I gave a little fist bump into the air, "Yosh~" let's go!

◇◇◇​

To gather information, I headed over to the Tavern. Supposedly adventurer's from all places of the world come here to talk and exchange pointers. Being a new member, I was surprisingly kindly welcomed. How do I say, I was expecting hazing, or various leachers, but gratefully, no such person was in sight. What a warm feeling the adventurers gave.

While I was there I obtained a plethora of advice, along with a lead to talk to the local townspeople for quest leads. I am truly thankful to such welcoming group of adventurers. I will surely repay their kindness someday.

◇◇◇

After leaving the Tavern, I wandered the bustling streets to ask the locals about Desert Cereal.

"Umm, was it this way? Or was I supposed to take a left at the fork in the road back there...Hnnng"

Yes. As one might deduce, I am perfectly lost. With much great effort, I had gotten some directions from a kind trinket shop owner back in town to where the Desert Cereal grows, but I seem to have taken a wrong turn somewhere along the way. Seeing no end to the dusty destitute desert path I was taking, with not a person nor building in sight, I decided to turn around and retrace my steps.

At some point, I spotted a wheat farmer taking a break from work in the distance, and treaded over to ask him for more directions. Unfortunately, he didn't know the location of Desert Cereal, so he sent me over to his knowledgable friend, the fisherman down by the river. I politely thanked him with a slight bow and quickly hopped on over to the river. Luckily, the fisherman knew the location, but he warned that it was a bit far from here, as he scratched the side of his scruffy beard. I told him it was okay, because I'm an adventurer! I can do this.

I could feel the soreness of my feet as I walked now, which amplified my tiredness from the sweltering heat of the sun, but it was okay as I felt as if I was reaching my destination. As more and more people came into view, just to be sure I was not lost again, I asked a nearby tailor, and she confirmed that I was heading in the right direction. And then again, I asked an old blacksmith once more. Now that I think about it, I no longer feel any nervousness towards approaching the townspeople.

It was not long until I let out a voice, saying, "Ah~ Finally!" I could not help but exhale a great sigh of relief. I could see in the near distance, a great field of Desert Cereal. Many flakes of cereal grew in pods at the top of these wondrous bountiful wheat-like plants that shined a brilliant gold with the sunset just behind them. I wiped the sweat off my brow, as I revealed a great smile, looking upon the scene.

It wasn't until I turned my head just a few inches to the right that my smile froze. Yes. Right next to the Desert Cereal field, was a giant silver plaque, with two large words plastered onto it.

Namely, it said, "Adventurer's Guild."

But it wasn't until I saw a familiar figure, clad in iron wrought armor, picking Desert Cereal from the fields, that I felt the corners of my mouth twitch.

And it wasn't until after I said "Hello" to this knight, and received a reply of "Who are you?" did tears stream down my face.

Panicking at the sight of my tears, it turns out the armored man really was kind, as he helped me gather five baskets of Desert Cereal to turn in before it became dark. But truly, finding out that the field of Desert Cereal was just behind the Adventurer's guild all along, "Next time I will look at a map I say! A MAP!" were the last words I muffled into my pillow before I went to sleep, dead tired.

Seasoned Adventurer POV:
    I walked into the Adventurer's guild to accept a quest once again. Sigh, what one has to do to earn a living one of these days. Gotta get a quest, gotta earn gold, I started humming a wondrous tune in my head as I headed over to the receptionist desk.

Ah...someone bumped into me...let's just ignore them.

Another day, another monster to behead. I slaughtered my way through the entire day. Blood dripping down my now blood red armor and sword. Hmm, I should end the day pleasantly I thought whilst sitting atop of a mountain of dead monsters. After taking a bath, and washing off my armor, I decided to accept a beginner's quest of collecting some Desert Cereal...

OOC: Decided to start off with just one of the 3 quests I accepted. I think I wrote too much, OTL. I cut out all the dialog to make it shorter.

@shad12ow

shad12ow and AliceShiki like this.
  20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    (( I have yet to read it, but 2 things.

1) Size is definitely not a problem, you can make it as long as you want, we'll happily read it all! I made a 15k words story once, other people already made even bigger ones.
    2) We generally prefer if you post them all at once, since we won't appraise them until it's all done anyway, makes it easier to find the whole work. ))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.