Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balthazzar

Balthazzar 『Reformed Member of NuF Society』

Reading List:
    Link
  2. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 20 Slimes [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SE2 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Goblins [ 50 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD1 - D-Ranked - Slay 10 Lizardmen [ 70 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD2 - D-Ranked - Slay 8 Rampaging Rhinos [ 80 G ]
    Great Plain - #SC1 - C-Ranked - Slay 5 Cyclops [ 150 G ]
    Great Plain - #SC2 - C rank - Slay 5 Hard beetles. [ 200 G ]
    ================================================================
    "Well....it's you. So, yeah....easy peasy lemon squeezy for the likes of you, eh? So the reward is 600 G. Take care now~!"

ExitedDeviljho likes this.
  3. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town - #GE1 - E-Ranked - Gather 10 Chickens [ 20 G |5 x Eggs ]
    Delta Town - #GE2 - E-Ranked - Clean Barnacles from hull [ 40 G]
    Delta Town - #GE3 - E-Ranked - Fish 5 Speedy Tunas [ 80G | 1 x Speedy Tuna Fillet ]
    Delta Town - #GD1 - D-Ranked - Gather 10 Lumber [ 100 G | 3 x Wooden Plank]

I headed towards the gate/transport for Delta Town the harbor city. Around the outskirts of the city I met with the farm couple that had commissioned the quest. They explained how one fifth of their chickens escaped. The husband was getting out of the fences when he went feed the chickens. But suddenly a loud monster's screech could be heard in the distance. Making the farmer hesitate in closing the fence. I didn't really care for the details of how the event had occurred. So I asked if he could just summarize the event. He said the chickens went northeast towards the Cyclops Hills. Of course, it had to be the Cyclops Hills.

As I stood next to Cyclops Hill I was both relieved and disappointed. I didn't encounter even one cyclops. I went into the hills and there as clear as day was a sleeping cyclops roughly two and a half times the height of a human. I expected the cyclops, but the thing I didn't expect were the ten sleeping chickens that surrounded the cyclops in a nest shape. I almost felt like the bad guy trying to take a friend away from another. Still the farmer's lives are depending on those eggs and chicken meat. With that thought I was resolute in returning the chickens. I just knew I needed to sneak in and out with the chickens in hand about ten times. I wonder if I could learn sneak by doing this? I carefully walk forward and *crunch* step on a branch. The cyclops's gigantic body moves up from it's slumber. I jokingly asked
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "Yeah, puny birds warm."
    "Um~... I'm sorry but those chickens don't belong to you. Could you please return them?"
    "No, they soft and friends"
    "You enemy!? You take?!"
    "No no no no, I would, scratch that will never."
    "Good."
    "Is this your home?"
    "Yes."
    "Do you like it here?"
    "Yes."
    "I know those chickens like it here and I know you like them here. But their other friends at their home miss them."
    "Other friends? Many?"
    "Very."
    "Would you please allow me to take them back, back to their home?"
    "Fine."​
    With the chickens and some feed I got from the farmers in hand I took them with me. Noticing one of the chickens laid an egg. I told the cyclops about how if he kept it warm just as the chickens did for him. One day a chicken would come out of the egg. About half way back I heard a screech. I really should have asked about the details of how the chickens escaped. In the sky was a Wyvern roughly 2 times larger than a human. Running wouldn't do anything against a opponent that can fly. I didn't bring my weapons or helmet since today was supposed to be a peaceful one. As the Wyvern was charging down at me I huddled together with the chickens scrunching my face so I didn't see what was about to happen. I opened my eyes expecting to have a limb torn off. In my view was the cyclops! He must have been worried. The cyclops took down the Wyvern almost instantly due to its larger size and large club. I thanked the Cyclops the best I could. After that he departed thinking his job was done.

That's how I gathered the ten chickens
    After returning the chickens I set out to the near center of the harbor city Delta Town. Where I knew the Boats would reside. This one wasn't quite as difficult, since I kept asking passer biers about the quest and sure enough they all pointed me in one direction. It was such a modest ship or well more closely a rowboat. The man I met In charge of the "ship" and who issued the quest appeared to be very young. Ten years old I would say.
    "where did you get the money for the request and boat?"
    "Oh, you believe a kid like me could earn enough money for a request and boat?"
    "More or less. If magic and monsters exist why not a kid like you?"
    "Thanks, I got it from gambling in my parents inn."
    "Oi and those guys just let you take their money?"
    "Well the biggest one of the bunch was planning to repossess the money I earned."
    "And that's the why for the boat huh?"
    "Exactly, you catch on fast Sir."​
    In the midst of my talk with the kid I saw a couple running out of a street corner into our view. The parents scolded the kid and as they were about to return the kid adamantly refused. I explained the situation to his parents. They began to visibly worry about what to do. I told them to calm down because the kid had a new plan.

Next day. While the kid was doing an errand for his parents a bunch of burly sailor men began to surround the kid. The biggest of the bunch walked in front of the kid.
    "You know what I want kid."
    "I sure do."
    "Well? Make with the coins or taste dirt."
    "Let me introduce you to my new friend"
    "Ha ha ha, he just looks like some random villager"
    "How about a new bet?"
    "I'm tired of the stupid games. The only way for a man to settle anything is with fists."
    "But you see I agree with you."
    "Fight this random villager. You win then you get all my winnings. You lose you get nothing... oh and you have to help him clean barnacles from a ship's hull."
    "Why do I have to help your friend in his day job!?"
    "Look those are the conditions. Do you accept the fight or not?"
    "Fine, tomorrow when the sun is at it's apex we fight."​
    Next day, waiting in the town square with a bunch of on lookers anticipating the fight way too much. I'm seriously beginning to doubt this kid. I know I"m technically a adventurer, though that doesn't mean I can beat up any non adventurer. Let's see he was definitely taller and tougher than myself. I guess I could have a speed advantage. Well people do say the best way to learn is through experience.
    "So you really showed up?"
    "Could we skip the banter and just get on with it?"
    "Makes no difference to me."
    Okay so this shouldn't be to hard right? Oi, whats that feeling my heart? It feels like it'll jump out of my chest. *Thwomp* Well that was a punch in the gut. *cough* Did I just cough blood? Let's aim for a tactical retreat. I jump back with my legs, distancing myself from him as far as possible while still being in the makeshift arena.
    "Whats that you scared?"
    "Maybe..."
    "What are you talking about?! You got this in the bag Sir!"​
    I appreciate the sentiment kid but... wait a minute. What's that? I can read his movements? It's similar when I anticipated the strikes from the undead army. I was looking at his fists before. But now I can see that his shoulders are a far better estimate of how close his knuckles are to my face. If I could just use that somehow? Okay new plan, move into his punch and try to throw his arm as hes punching, right when his center of gravity is at it's weakest. That makes so much less sense when I say it. *throw* Huh, it worked? Let's try it a couple more times just to make sure. *throw**throw**throw**throw**throw*.
    "*heavy breathing* What the hell are you doing?"
    "Fighting you like a man?"
    After the disappointed crowd dispersed and when the large man regained his vitality.
    "I've seen a similar fighting style before."
    "Eh~ really? That's a fighting style?
    "Don't remember what it was called but they moved liked water, as you did. Anyways a fights a fight. I'll stop trying to get my money back and help you with your day job"
    "About that you can have half your money back."
    The boy and man in unison "what?!"
    "Sure the kid beat you fair and square but his intelligence comparable your strength was sort of unfair."
    "Ah fine if you say it like that."​
    And that's how I cleaned the barnacles from the hull.
    After cleaning the hull I went back to Aeternus to rest. The next day I woke up extra early then teleported back to the port city. Bought a whole cup of fish bait for only one gold. Now that was finally my peaceful day of just waiting for the fishes to bite. Or so I thought. Not five minutes after I sat down to fish. A noisy woman starts yelling at me about how that's her spot. Well I suppose it is a alright spot since it' the biggest rock you can sit on around the river. It just seems convenient to me, with no actual tactical fishing advantage. I give her the spot as fast as I could without saying anything. Then she starts going on about how that was way to easy. Geez woman just accept that people don't want to fight. I tell her fine lets have a contest of who can catch more fish. With starry eyes she agrees to it almost faster than when I gave her spot back.
    "Seems as if we're going to be here for a while so we may as well get acquainted."
    "No way."
    "Why not?"
    "Because it'll scare away the fish."
    "Everyone knows that water blocks sound great."
    (How does everyone know that?)"Fine, what do you want to talk about?"​
    And so I spent half of what was supposed to be my peaceful day constantly jabbering about pointless nonsense. It took about 10 hours to capture five of the fish. When I left she seemed happy for some reason.
    After the fishing I borrowed a axe from the farm couple I met a couple days ago. The wood chopping took hours, but it felt like moments in that perfect serenity I call silence. That's how I gathered 10 Lumber.

Note: Made a friend

@brasca123

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town - #GE3 - E-Ranked - Fish 5 Speedy Tunas [ 80G | 1 x Speedy Tuna Fillet ]
    =================================================================
    Welcome back Pir-kun!

Made a friend with cyclops? How unusual, I'm glad it worked out though!

I think you did well in making the kid pay half of his winnings btw, it is good to teach him that it's not very wise to play like that, he'll just put himself in trouble.

I'm not sure if talking loudly is good for attracting fishes though... At least you were able to get it!

In any case, your reward will be of 240G, 5 Eggs, 1 Speedy Tuna Fillet and 3 Wooden Planks!

Take care now!

5. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ant Nest - #SD1 - D-Ranked - Slay 10 Worker Insects. [ 120 G ]
    Ant Nest - #GD1 - D-Ranked - Bring 3 Ant Corpses [ 110 G | : 1 x Arachne Silk ]
    About ants

Ants. They form great colonies that consist of millions of individuals and often have a positive impact on the ecosystem. However, some species are quite aggressive and can endanger the food and live of humans. The greater the number, the greater the danger. Every few years, a batch of new potential queens is born and sent out to create new colonies.

That is, speaking of normal ants. The ants I have to deal with are, as Hikari put it, big and evil. I think that means aggressive and big, a giant threat to everything that could be their food. My targets are the worker insects.

If my memories don't fail me they will be in a big area around the ant nest, so I won't have to enter the nest. To be honest, I wouldn't want to go in there. I would die.

So what I have to do is to find a nest, and then kill 10 workers in its surroundings. After talking to some random person I met on the street about it, I find out that they are in the desert. To the desert I go, then.

I take the Teleport Gate to the desert village, arriving at dusk. Traveling eastwards, towards where the nests are supposed to be, the sun finally sets completely and the desert begins to cool down. No that I felt the heat before, thanks to my negative energy. Interestingly, fortune and misfortune are barely different in the desert in some areas and extremely different in others.

But the true advantage the cold gives me is that ants are slower, weaker, and perhaps even asleep in the cold. But if they really sleep at night, they will all come to the surface in the morning to get warmer... I will just hide myself a few dozen kilometers away from the nest and wait for workers to get close to me, then kill them. Don't want to get swarmed.

After traveling for some time and killing a few aggressive desert jackals with pain bullets, I see an ant nest in the distance. Should be about... how should I know how far it is away? I'm just going to hide in the sand not too far away and ambush the ants.

How about here? Should do the trick. I fill the region with misfortune mirrors and wait for the sun to rise after partially burrowing myself in sand.

Very soon, I notice a worker insect approaching my location. I gather negative energy, preparing to kill it as fast as possible.

It comes closer and I cast a Bad Luck Branch at a Misfortune Mirror, which reflects it right through the worker insect. After taking a careful look around and spotting no other ant, I rise out of the sand and store the corpse in my item box. One of ten killed, one of three gathered.

I'll just wait here for the next one, they really are bad at noticing things that stay still.

After killing seven like that and storing their corpses in my item box, I notice misfortune gathering at this area. Oh, ****. I better run now.

Using Martial Projection: Drilling (water), I escape as fast as I can, away from the ant nests.

Looking back, I see a lot of workers worker insects and a few guard insects chasing me. It was the right decision to run.

While running, I gather negative energy into a Negative Cataclysm and toss it behind me, right into the chasing group of ants. After confirming the death of multiple workers, I run as fast as I can, conjuring paralysis poison behind me.

Finally, after a few kilometers (its a wonder I was able to run that far), they finally are either paralyzed or have given up on chasing me. The scavengers I killed would have died in a few days on their own, so they really shouldn't have been that aggressive.

While badmouthing the ants, I return to the guild, leaving all but the required three corpses behind.

Petty ants...

@brasca123

Silver Snake likes this.
  6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Ant Nest - #SD1 - D-Ranked - Slay 10 Worker Insects. [ 120 G ]
    Ant Nest - #GD1 - D-Ranked - Bring 3 Ant Corpses [ 110 G | : 1 x Arachne Silk ]
    ===========================================================
    Welcome back Tina-chan!

Scouting from outside the nest and ambushing them seemed like a pretty nice idea, never saw someone do that before, nice thinking! Keep up the good job!

Your reward will be of 230G and Arachne Silk, take care now!

7. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SD3 - D-Ranked - Slay 5 Orc Leaders [ 100 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD4 - D-Ranked - Slay 1 Unicorn [ 100 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD5 - D-Ranked - Slay 1 Kobold Leader [ 120 G ]

I thought it seemed like a large leap from bandits to Orc leaders. I doze off for one second and tell Ell he can choose whichever quests he wants. Such a large mistake. On the day before my quest excursion I was reading my book called Adventures of the Last Noble Knight. Ell brought up my previous quests.
    ("That is sure it is an old book. It looks like it's about to fall apart.")
    ("It's a good book.")
    ("Anyways, you were barely able do that chicken quest and you were barely able to beat that sailor at Delta Town.")
    ("I'll be alright, if things get bad, I find a way."
    ("You know that won't last. The only reason you survived the wyvern is because of that cyclops. And if that Sailor wasn't so honorable to have a one on one duel, you would have bean beaten at best, If not killed by his whole crew.")
    ("I don't understand why such unreasonable circumstances must happen to me.")
    ("You have a talent for attracting trouble.")
    ("More like a curse. You never spoke up even once while i was in such situations.")
    ("Just as I can't control your body unless you let me, I won't help you unless you admit your too weak for the situation by asking me for help. This is your body not mine. I'll respect that ownership and your ownership of how your body leads it's life. ")
    ("Then what was that yammering about how I was barely able to handle my previous quests?")
    ("I was just saying what you already knew. You know if you don't get stronger this world will tear you apart just as it did to your home.")
    ("I don't want power if it leads to more destruction.")
    ("It's not like you've got anyone close to you that could get hurt.")
    ("That's not what I meant.")
    (" At any rate you'll probably need to get stronger to defeat those Orc Leaders.")
    ("Fine.")​
    Ell taught me the basics of swordsmanship. For preparation of the quest I upgraded my equipment with my the nearly 500 gold I made doing my past seven quests. I bought leather plated chest guard and pants, iron plate guards for my shins and forearms, along with iron upgrades to my former bronze swords and a light crossbow with 20 bolts. Totaling about 125 gold. I patrolled the Great Plains looking for any Orc squads. Near the north mountains I stumbled upon a small orc camp, it could hold around 30 Orcs. Fighting Orc Leaders who generally had other Orcs they commanded seemed like suicide. I walked to the camp until their guards had a clear view of myself. I shouted "I challenge your leaders!"The guards snickered and jeered. Eventually one of them went into the camp and brought out a Orc larger than the rest.
    "To think a human would be as brave or stupid enough to challenge us."
    "I'm not human and it's better than random violence."
    "For us Orcs death on the battlefield is the ultimate honor."
    "Where are your other leaders?"
    "Count such a puny being such as yourself lucky to have my audience."​
    I entered the Orc encampment to a area with many markings from missed attacks. This reminds me of my duel with the Sailor, all of the commotion just for a fight. At least Humans have that in common with the Orcs. This time I have my equipment, but so does my opponent. The Orc leader chose to equip a battleaxe fitting for his size. The fight would start when a tossed coin would hit the ground. Once the coin marked the beginning of the battle the Orc charged at me with full force. As the Orc slashed his Battleaxe at me I knew I couldn't stop it and it would be easier just to dodge. But I elected to make a cross with my swords and intercepted the inner carved part of the axe. My weapons weren't strong enough to stop such a heavy weapon so I could only divert the originally intended direction. In that same motion I spun my body to give extra force to the slash I made with my scimitar. When I made a cut into the Orc he seemed elated I then immediately retreated to see what he would do. He threw some knives from his belt. I moved as fast as I could yet one of the knives pierced into my shoulder. At first the pain wasn't too bad, as if my body was refusing to admit that it was in pain. Then the pain attacked me as the blood cascaded down my body. I removed the knife and rapped a handkerchief around my shoulder to stop the bleeding. This wasn't the time to waver, I took the imitative and charged at him. Barely after I started my charge he did as well. At our moment of contact my rapier could be seen piercing through his body, while his battleaxe was still being held up through being entangled by my scimitar when I wrapped it around the axe's handle just before we made contact. Having the upper hand I dare not lose it. From the pain of my rapier the Orc loosened the grip on his weapon. I tried to hold his weapon down with the handle of my scimitar but the Orc grabbed my forearm and slammed my body into the dirt. As he was about to lacerate me with his battleaxe I still had my back on the ground, I narrowly evaded it rolling out of the way. As I got back onto me feat something strikes me. Over and over again a barrage of punches overtook my skull. The Orc leader said "I don't even need a weapon to defeat you!" When retreating I thought "He's right, with his battleaxe he needed considerably more time to swing it and I can't throw him with his inhuman weight." I tried to get stronger by getting taught skills from Ell. But It's still not enough to defeat even one Orc leader.
    ("You know that book you love to read? About the last noble knight. Don't you think he was a fool to continue speaking of truth and justice? Even after his kingdom had fallen, he kept his title of knight and those silly morals.")
    ("So what, I always thought people like that were cool... I always wanted to be a hero like that.")
    ("Saying stupid things doesn't make you a hero. After reading that book so many times, you do know the true traits of a hero right?")
    ("Of course, To be courageous enough to protect someone no matter what, to be kind to even those who may stray from their path, and to be strong enough to back up any promises made.")
    ("That's right, first you'll need to show you have the courage of a hero. Even when that last noble knight stared at death, he never blinked.")​
    He was right, I'm tired of trying to make a plan. It's just slowing down my body's reaction speed. In that moment I could perceive things beyond normal. Only one thought continued as I fought, win win win. At the next punch thrown by the Orc I slashed his hand in half. His pinky and ring finger disappeared from his hand. Holding the forearm of his half lost hand in agony, the Orc then got his weapon back. As he swung down the battle axe I rushed beside him and grabbed his battle axe with him, adding my strength with his to swing the battleaxe into the ground *dust fills the air from the intense impact*. As the Orc tried to take out his axe that was stuck I kept on slashing and piercing. The Orc who was now the one with his back to the ground gasped for air.
    "*heavy breathing* Go on, finish me!"
    "*heavy breathing* I'm taking your ear."​
    After that Orc Leader was dealt with, the other Orc Leaders came out. No one was outraged that all five of their leaders were defeated. To them a battle was a sacred thing, the only true decider. As I walked out of their camp with five left ears of Orc leaders, none of them dared to stand in my way.
    That's how the 5 Orc leaders were slain.
    I heard it was difficult to find Unicorns in the Great Plains. Especially because they didn't travel in herds. I wonder how they find mates then. I couldn't just use a cat like last time. The bestiary did say that they were attracted to beautiful pure women. I sauntered to the red district.
    "Do you have any new girls?"
    "In fact we do, the proprietor recently bought some new slaves for the business. Their are actually five new recruits. Would you like to come to our waiting room to pick which you would prefer?"
    "No thanks, I just want one that's a virgin."
    "Right away sir, will it be here or to go and how long?"
    "To go and about 12 hours should be more than enough."​
    The receptionist was giggling as she went to the back getting my bait.... I mean prostitute. I had to pay a pretty large sum for a virgin and to go. About 250 gold in total, goodness about double the price of my new equipment. As she came out it seemed as if she was relieved I wasn't a noble. But also suspicious, since I was wearing a helmet that covered my face. I had to participate in a tiny magic contract for when I had to bring her back and she took one to prevent her from trying to escape. After that we left for the Great Plains. Only five minutes of walking in the great plains she began to complain about how much it hurt to walk. I've been walking everywhere since I was young, so I had long forgotten of such turmoils. I resigned to go back and buy a back pack designed to carry large objects. I assumed it would work for carrying her. About a hour into walking it appeared, well I say appear but it was in the far distance behind trees and still didn't notice us. I then told the girl
    "Attract it."
    "How?"
    "The same way you would attract a man."
    "Um~, how would I do that?"
    "Just get your hair out of your face, straighten your back, and walk towards the unicorn in the most peaceful manner you can think of."​
    As the Unicorn noticed the woman it seemed indifferent toward her existence. Huh, but the bestiary said they were perverts right? Well I guess indifferent is better than fearful or annoyed. As the girl (that was of legal age) had the attention of the Unicorn I walked closer as well, out of the Unicorn field of view. I aimed my light crossbow for the Unicorns horn and *fling* it missed the horn, but it did hit the unicorns leg. Immediately the unicorn exuded a mixture of hostile emotions at me. The unicorn can still teleport, but it can't exactly run anymore. I thought for certain that it would teleport away after being wounded. It didn't, instead it teleported towards me. It's not like it can pierce me with its horn, since it can't get a running start. Why is it doing such a thing? I see the Unicorn looking at the girl. Does the Unicorn think I'm trying to hurt her? The stupid girl leaps in front of me trying to stop the Unicorn. The Unicorn like me was confused. Why would a unarmed person such as yourself do such a thing. The girl's stomach was gouged open from practically jumping into the horn. The horse and I stepped back from each other to aid the girl at her side. The unicorn began to cry for the surely fatally wounded innocent girl. Their was no way a simple bandage could impede the inevitable death. I began regretting not knowing healing magic or bringing a healing potion. Before my eyes something strange was occurring, the girl's wound, it was closing. The tears of the unicorn had such a effect? When the Unicorn seemed as if it was about to stop crying the horse leaned it's head toward it's sprawled out injured leg. The Unicorn began to leave leisurely as if nothing had happened. I still had a job to do, to kill the unicorn. I reached for my sheathed sword, the girl laying on the a large root held my hand before I could attempt to unsheathe it. She said "please don't."
    That's how I failed to Slay 1 Unicorn.
    I had no knowledge of Kobolds, only the general location of their village. After asking around in the tavern I was told that some of the ones near the plains speak english and that they are prone to lay traps for ambush. While sitting in a forest in the plains I was sharpening my swords. Before trying to take on a Kobold leader I knew I needed to learn more than basic swordsmanship. Lost in thought as to how to become stronger or even what sort of strength I wished to obtain something caught my eye. A faint sparkle caught my eye.
    "What is that?"
    "You don't know?"
    "You do?"
    "It's the spirit that resides within that sword."
    "You can see spirits?"
    "You can't? Aren't you half elf?"
    "I see small sparkles."
    "Well that is more or less their natural form."
    "Is their any way I can use that spirit in the sword?"
    "Don't ask me, ask the sword. Just as you talk with me through your mind. Try to talk to the soul of the sword."
    "Hello? Anyone in their?"
    "What?"
    "Woh, you're really their?!"
    "I would like for us to work together."
    "how?"
    "What can you do?
    *Exspir's rapier begins moving of it's own volition*
    "Could you move like that, but instead when I ask you to?"
    "Why?"
    "I'll keep the sword in top condition?"
    "No."
    "Then what else could I do?"
    "I'll probably die if we don't work together."
    "fine."​
    Now that I sort of have a new magic. I can probably take down that kobold leader. I talked with my scimitar it said it would co-operate with me since I was able to defeat those Orc leaders. I also talked to a bunch of knives, they seemed to care far less than my swords, saying yes almost automatically. I head towards the corner of the great planes that bordered near where a Kobold village was. In a forest area where a bunch of tree were was also a trap. It wasn't a obvious trap but the glimmer of the sun onto the strings were visible to me. I threw a rock into the trap. Suddenly just as the trap was thrown in the air a bunch of Kobold heads could be seen. With my knives I pinned most of them to the ground and swiped away their weapons too. I looked at the leader that had better equipment than the rest and challenged him. The fight was mostly easy with me just standing in place while my swords constantly attacked him. As I was staring leisurely at the fight as if it had nothing to do with me, a lone Kobold from the trees jumped down at me. While it was still in mid-air my rapier all on it's own pierced where I think it's heart was. Now that I look at the dead kobold it looks far more like the leader with it larger size and different coloring. Well I hate killing human like things so I guess this works out for me. I take the body and run from the area as fast as possible.
    That is how I was able to Slay 1 Kobold Leader.

Notes: Learned new skills and bought new equipment

@brasca123

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SD3 - D-Ranked - Slay 5 Orc Leaders [ 100 G ]
    Great Plain - #SD5 - D-Ranked - Slay 1 Kobold Leader [ 120 G ]
    ================================================
    Welcome back Pir-kun!

Good thing you learned some ways of fighting, it's dangerous to go out there without being able to protect yourself properly.

Fighting the leaders in duels is a nice way to avoid needless fights, good thinking, though you were lucky for not being ambushed when you were already there... It's not always that we find orcs that care for honor after all.

A shame you couldn't kill the unicorn, but I suppose it's fine if it was your choice to stop it.

Your reward will be of 220G, take care!

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  9. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town - #SE1 - E-Ranked - Slay 100 Rats [ 100 G ]

I was reluctant to take the quests but I still did so that Guildmaster can repair my Twin Steel Cutlass.

I did not head to the portal right away and instead head for the weapon shop to sell the loot from the Goblins.

"Welcome! How may I help you?" (Shopkeeper)

"I'm here to sell some Wooden Clubs and Cheap Daggers." (Moon)

"We buy Wooden Clubs for 15 gold coins and Cheap Daggers for 20 gold coins. How many do you have?" (Shopkeeper)

"5 Clubs and 6 Daggers." (Moon)

"Is that so? That would total to 195 gold coins. Fumu...Since you're selling us this much, I'll buy them all for 200 gold coins." (Shopkeeper)

"Thank you very much. By the do you know any shop that sells fishing rods? I have a fishing quest in Delta Town." (Moon)

"Fishing rods? I can lend you one if you like. I don't use it much anymore since I'm too busy with the shop." (Shopkeeper)

"Thanks. I'll return it tomorrow." (Moon)

I left the weapon shop and bought 3 yards of rope for 60 gold coins before heading for the portal towards Delta Town.

×××​

I arrived at Delta Town and checked the location of each quests. It seems that the request for the chickens and the lumber is from the same person. I decided to do the two quests firsts and headed for a farm near the town's outskirts.

I was greeted by an old farmer and he explained the requests to me. The chickens got loose because one side of chicken house broke. The farmer is too old to retrieve the escaped chickens and gather the lumber to repair the chicken house so he sent requests to the guild.

"Let's see...it'll be better if the pen is fixed first before I look for the chickens." (Moon)

"But the chickens will get away!" (Farmer)

"Don't worry. I've lived in a village myself so I've got an idea how to make the chickens come back. Do you have an axe?" (Moon)

"*sigh* Alright. Do as you fit. The axe is at the back." (Farmer)

"I'll be back soon." (Moon)

It took me over an hour to gather 10 lumber and another 20 minutes to fix the chicken house.

The farmer was so worried about his chickens but I was able to gather all 10 chickens back within 15 minutes. All I did is use my bread and some other fruits I've found in the vicinity to make a food trail for the chickens.

"Thank you so much. Here are 5 Eggs. You can take the left-over planks." (Farmer)

"Just keep the planks. You'll need them more than I do." (Moon)

I bid farewell to the farmer and headed for the port area.
    It's noon by the time I arrived at the port area. I asked some townsfolk about the requester and was pointed to a small-sized fishing vessel. Next to it there's a man wearing a fisherman outfit.

"What took you so long? At this rate I won't catch a single fish!" (Fisherman)

"I'm sorry. It took me some time to deal with another request." (Moon)

"Well what are you waiting for? Hurry up and do the job! Tools are at the side." (Fisherman)

I grabbed the tools, made a rappel with the rope and started with the cleaning. I held a Cheap Dagger in each hand, activated 「Overboost」 and started scraping the barnacles one by one.*

"*sigh* This is truly menial work. No wonder they retake this kind of quest." (Moon)

I continued so for almost an hour and switched to the scrubber to remove the remains of barnacles. For some reason it doesn't take 3 scrubs to remove each one. Could it be that 「Dishwashing」 is doing some work here? After 20 minutes I was finally done of this horrible work of cleaning the barnicles stuck on the hull.

"Old man! I'm done!" (Moon)

"Who are you calling 'Old man'?! Call the guys here so that we can get this down and set sail. You have the quest for Speedy Tunas, right?" (Fisherman)

"Huh? How did you know?" (Moon)

"Just a hunch. Most adventurers that go here have that quest." (Fisherman)

"Oh. I'll be off then." (Moon)

I went to get the 2 guys who work with the old man to ask to lower the fishing vessel. We set sail and arrived at the ocean an hour before sunset.

"Nice job, lad! We're right on time!" (Fisherman)

"So, how to we get the Tunas?" (Moon)

"You can either dive in the water and use the harpoon or you can just fish them with a fishing pole." (Fisherman)

"Fishing pole." (Moon)

I chose the fishing pole without hesitation. The other two guys grabbed harpoons and dived to the water at the other side of the boat.

They seem to be used to this as it wasn't a minute yet and each of them already caught one. I admit...I feel a bit envious.

I caught my first Speedy Tuna after 45 minutes. It's not that hard to have them bite but the problem is they go way too fast. I struggled against the tuna for 2 minutes before finally using 「Overboost」 to reel it in. Calculating the time it'd take at this rate, I changed my plans. I grabbed a harpoon and jumped into the water...

「Round Windmill」 !!! (Moon)

...and stacked 3 Tuna like a barbecue. It was supposed to be 4 but I missed at the last one. I threw the harpoon to the boat and decided to go mano a mano with my fifth Speedy Tuna.

"Come at me, fish." (Moon)

I said as I taunted the tuna. Veins appeared on the tuna's head as it prepared to dash straight towards me. I prepared to receive the tuna's charge...not! I dodged to the side and stabbed the tuna with my Cheap Dagger.**.

"Lad, that's some skill you've got there! Why not work for me instead of being an adventurer?" (Fisherman)

"Thank you for the invitation, but there's a reason why I became an adventurer." (Moon)

"I see that's too bad. Well we have a lot of catch today so I'll give you later additional 5 tuna fillets!" (Fisherman)

So, we sailed back to Delta Town and had a feast at the bar. I left the celebration midway to proceed with my last quest. I didn't bid farewell to old man since he looks like he's having so much fun.

Night time is best time to hunt the rats. I went to a fairly wide area with no people, scattered food I smuggled from the feast and hid in the side.

Rats started to appear one after another until there are 20 of them. I dashed towards the rats and brandished my brandished my daggers using 「Round Windmill」. I repeated this process around 7 times before I was able to reach the kill count of 100 rats.

I wiped the daggers as I headed towards the portal to return back to the guild.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    *http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Barnacles
    **The dagger has been thoroughly cleaned so the tuna is safe for consumption

Notes:
    > sold 5 Wooden Club and 6 Cheap Dagger
    > acquired 3 yards of rope
    > acquired 140 gold coins*
    > acquired 5 Eggs
    > acquired 6 Speedy Tuna Fillet

@brasca123
    -------------------------------------------------------
    OOC:
    *I named NPC gold as gold coins so that I can itemize it and to prevent confusion.

I'll admit...I enjoyed writing the report.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    Silver Snake likes this.
  10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link

==========================
    Welcome back Moon-kun!

Seems like you're pretty used to these tasks related to animals, good job! Keep up the hard work!

Your reward will be of 340G, take care now!

11. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Gather 10 Moonlight Flower & 10 Healing Plants [ 50G | 1 x Rejuvenation Potion ]
    Great Plain - #GE2 - E-Ranked – Gather 3 Moonlight Water [ 50G | 1 x Bottled Purified Moonlight Water]
    Great Plain - #GD1 - D-Ranked - Gather 5 Rainbow Slime Gel [ 120G | 1 x Rainbow Gel ]
    Great Plain - #GD2 - D-Ranked - Gather 10 Nectar [ 120 G | 1 x Butterfly Honey ]
    Great Plain - #GD3 - D-Ranked - Gather 5 Flower seeds [ 80 G | 1 x Butterfly Flower ]
    Ell and I agreed to switching who can pick quests after each batch of quests was finished. I was at first hesitant to regularly endangering my life just for some gold. However I then recalled my new magic allowed my swords to attack my enemy while I'm able to watch safely from a distance. I elected to go for a calm gathering of plant and water. I'm assuming that the guilds measurement of 1 for water is a liter. I heard that healing plants look pretty much like grass except for the faint sweet smell they emitted. Also that their plentiful in the great plains, especially in around moderately large water sources such as lakes. Moonlights are far harder to find only growing singularly apart from other moonlights. But they must also grow near water sources, since moonlight water must come from moonlight flowers.

I set out to the great plains with my usual equipment and a more positive attitude then last time. After I was walking for for about an hour in the great plain I saw a rather large lake. It was a beautiful and pristine lake with almost no one else around. Their was a old lady and what must have been her granddaughter feeding some bread to ducks. What a surreal sight, I half expected them to be feeding some sort of gigantic sea serpent or for the old lady to be sacrificing a child to the "deity" of the lake. It's so refreshing, oh yeah, I was supposed to be collecting plants for my super serious, ultra important guild mission. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to chat with the locals for a bit. They said they come here everyday around this time which was if I were to guess by the position of the sun, nine in the morning. I asked them about the relatively rare moon flower and they said they've been seeing fewer and fewer of those plants around lately. Well, I suppose such likelihoods are expected when theirs so many more adventurer's that would rather not die than do. If only this was some sort of world where resources could be instantly replenished when another took them. I asked them if they knew of where some more plants were. *They both point at the center of the lake*
    ("Oi, you must be joking.")
    ("What's wrong? It's just water, what is it? Can you not swim or something?")
    (".....")
    ("HAHAHAhaha!")
    ("It's not that funny.")
    ("Don't worry, I'll just take over and swim in there for you.")
    ("No way, I've drowned twice and I only survived because I was lucky enough to have someone passing by save me on those occasions. Even if I my body were able to swim their could still arise a new complication, such as a cramp or you accidentally let out all your breath in water.")
    ("I get it, you're scared of water.")
    (It's only logical, I don't have gills, the water is meant for mermaids.")
    I left the lake and came back with a butterfly net that had a long handle. I kind of regret asking my spirits in my swords to cut the flowers from the lily pads they were growing on. Now I had to climb on a tree that had parts of it branching over the lake. Scooping the flower was tedious on the account of them being so spread apart from each other and because of how delicate the flower was. I got all 10 eventually as well as the three liters of moonlight water too. The healing plants were still abundant around the lake.
    That's how I obtained 10 Moonlight Flower & 10 Healing Plants and 3 Moonlight Water.
    Also the 10 Nectar and 5 flower seeds from those moonlight flowers.
    Before trying to get some rainbow Slime Gel I knew I had to set down my flowers. If I were to run and jump around with them on my person I knew for certain they would fall apart, making them almost useless. I gave my plants and jugs of water to the old lady and her granddaughter. They said they had to return to their house, considering the sun was about a hour from setting. They told me the directions of where to go, after I confirmed to them I knew where to go they left. I began my search for slimes, while the rainbow slimes were a rarer variant, the slimes were still the most abundant monster class in the great planes. It took me some time, eventually I was two rainbow slimes. They had already had some droplets of gel next to them. (I wonder if that's their excrement.) I waited for about another ten minutes and their were enough for me to fill five test tubes with their gel. Of course I had to run away as I stole their left overs, sure a slime wasn't super dangerous, but a body slam is still a body slam. After that I arrived at the old lady and grand daughters home for my precious quest materials. Strange that their home wasn't in a village, it was instead near the bottom of a mountain.
    "If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me why you two live in such a remote place?"
    "This house was built by my son and his wife. It would be such a waste for no one to live here."
    "What happened to them?"
    "They were adventurers...."
    "I see, I'm sorry."
    "It's quite alright, it's been years and I have Sarah-chan to keep me company right?"
    "That's right Stella Oba-chan!"
    "Well I best be leaving then."
    "What are you talking about? It's already night, you should stay over. Monsters are notorious for being far more livelier in the night."
    "I suppose you're right. Well then, I'll be intruding upon the two of you tonight."
    *In unison* "Glad to have you over."
    As I walked in I noticed the house was very clean, I guess their isn't much else to do other than chores for normal people. The grandma told me to take a seat while she made dinner. I told her I couldn't do such a thing as her guest and insisted on helping somehow. At first she kept on refusing me with a smile, then in the midst of her kind smile I could see it in her eyes, she was tired .She realized I saw through her smile and gave up, letting me cook for them. It wasn't anything special, just some stew and rice. I added a special ingredient, my ground up spice I got a long time ago that I still have great deal of. It gave food a richer taste and the tinniest bit more spice. As we ate we talked about Stella's youth and how she caught every mans attention. As well as how she was sure that Sarah would grow up to be just as beautiful. When I brought up my book about the last noble knight Sarah grew excited from my stories of his deeds. The night ended with much intrigue and laughter at each others stories. After Stella and Sarah finished the dishes, Stella showed me their guest room. After I finished waiting for them to fall asleep I walked back into the kitchen/dining room. I wondered how they were able to afford food and came to the conclusion it must be from selling herbs. But since their is a deficit of those around lately I'm sure it wouldn't hurt if I left them some gold. As I walked back to my inn that night I had a faint smile under my helmet, the kind I have not had in a long time.

Note: none

@brasca123

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Gather 10 Moonlight Flower & 10 Healing Plants [ 50G | 1 x Rejuvenation Potion ]
    Great Plain - #GE2 - E-Ranked – Gather 3 Moonlight Water [ 50G | 1 x Bottled Purified Moonlight Water]
    Great Plain - #GD1 - D-Ranked - Gather 5 Rainbow Slime Gel [ 120G | 1 x Rainbow Gel ]
    Great Plain - #GD2 - D-Ranked - Gather 10 Nectar [ 120 G | 1 x Butterfly Honey ]
    Great Plain - #GD3 - D-Ranked - Gather 5 Flower seeds [ 80 G | 1 x Butterfly Flower ]
    ======================================================================
    Welcome back Pir-kun!

Seems like you have some trouble with water...? Well, I suppose I can understand that, I almost drowned on a lake a few times... It would be good for you to overcome it though, so do your best!

Your reward will be of 420G, 1 rejuvenation potion, 1 bottle of purified moonlight water, 1 rainbow gel, 1 butterfly honey and 1 butterfly flower.

Take care now! Hope things keep going well for you!

13. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    Desert Village - #SE1- E-Ranked - Slay 10 Large Lizard - [50 G]
    Desert Village - #SE2- E-Ranked - Slay 10 Large Scarab - [50 G]
    Desert Village - #SE3- E-Ranked - Slay 30 Desert Scorpion - [70 G]
    Desert Village - #SD1- D-Ranked - Slay 20 Large Desert Mouse- [75 G]
    Desert Village - #SD2- D-Ranked - Slay 10 Gray Desert Fox- [85 G]
    I bought bright thin clothes to cover me from head to toe to block out the sun. I heard around that eating makes you thirstier so I made sure to not eat for twelve hours before my mission. When walking through the desert I also knew I had to keep my mouth shut and to pace myself so I don't get tired requiring me to drink more water. Before leaving for the teleport to Oasis Village I thought about spending my gold on some more swords. If were to acquire enough swords I may some day be able to defeat a army. Browsing a small sword shop I noticed a katana behind a glass case, the katana was sword a cut above the rest in terms of strength and craftsmanship.
    "Shopkeeper could I get a closer look at this?"
    "Sure, the sword's stuck in its scabbard though."
    *Struggling to unsheathe the sword* (no good)
    ("Hello, can you hear me?")
    ("This katana is no good, it's a demon sword. Even if you are able to unseal its power, theirs no telling what would happen afterwards. Unlike your tiefling half whose ancestors took on demonic attributes, actual demonic power should not be used thoughtlessly. ")
    ("Were you not the one that reminded me I needed to obtain more power to survive in this world of magic and monsters?")
    ("I meant to train, not rely on a outside power that might kill you!")
    ("I don't have any idea how to to create a aura with my souls energy, nor do I know how to use the mana that flows within me. I've already trained my body to its peak. I have no one to teach me and no one to ask. This is my only way!")
    "How much for the katana?"
    "fifty gold for the useless sword."
    I'll figure out how the katana works later, for now I still need to accomplish my quest. I walked towards Redon cave since that was the nearest possible home for monsters. On my way there I ran into five desert mice. As my scimitar slit the neck of the mice I was defending myself with the scabbard of the katana. For the most part creatures such as these didn't have intricate plans or skills, but did have massive numbers. while I walked to Redon cave I met the rest of the mice needed for my quota. Sixteen mice were staring me down. As one was charging at me I jumped on top of it to ride, if they wanted to attack me they had go through one of their own first. When the rats began drawing closer I made my scimitar rotate around me creating a ring of death for any who drew close. While my scimitar was taking care of the ones in front of me, my rapier was piercing the skulls of the rats in the back line. After that Redon cave was in my sights where their were many desert scorpions . If I went into the cave I knew I couldn't use my swords to the best of their ability, since caves usually didn't have enough room to fully swing a sword. After killing the three scorpions outside the cave by piercing them in the head between their shells, I started a fire to smoke the rest out. They were barely breathing so it was easy to take them out one by one.
    That's how I was able to slay 30 desert scorpions and 20 desert mice.
    I knew that lizards spent most of their time in a shade of some sort and scarabs tend to stay close to water sources like rivers. For the scarabs I went to the first place the river divide in the deserted from delta town. And for the Lizards I chose the ancient pyramid to be the best place to nearby to keep the lizards cool. Or well as call as their coldblooded selves wanted to be. On that day when I awoke, I began to see small orbs of light from all directions and through walls. Ell told me it was from continuously communicating with the spirits and himself. I could now perceive all life forces. At first it was difficult looking at people normally, but I adjusted eventually. Even though I could already see in the dark with this I could find my target through walls. It felt like my eyes were getting tired more easily from looking at faraway things or wide areas. I'll just blur my vision when I'm looking at far away things like when I daydream. On my journey to the ancient pyramid I found the Scarabs first near the river I had to cross. They were roughly 2 times larger than the scorpions, all of them dwarfing a normal human. The plus side though was that their pincers were basically their only weapon other than their mouths which were fairly small compared to their body. Most of their body was covered in armor, I sent my rapier flying into their mouths and coming out on the opposite side. All I had to do was stay safe while my rapier did its work. After that I arrived at the pyramid.

The lizards were a bit tough to deal with since their ligaments were able to grow back amazingly fast and also blend into their surrounding simulating invisibility. Entering the pyramid with two full hands of sand and my swords floating behind me at the ready. Wait, why did I grab the sand when I can see their life forces? Guess it would let me see their bodies instead of just a orb of light. I saw some on walls and threw my sand on them to let my scimitar cut their heads off. Huh, I never did ask how the swords see. When I finally finished off all the lizards I was fairly deep inside the pyramid that was becoming more and more maze like. I decided to rest in a safe looking place. I dreamed of dark place, their was a monster with its arms, legs, and neck chained to the ground. Staring at the monster it looked back at me as if asking what are you looking at? After glancing at me for a moment it looked away. I should have stopped, but it looked so broken. It looked like it had given up, set on waiting for its end that would never come. I was paralyzed, I was too enchanted by its ferocious beauty. I woke up on my bed in my room at the inn. Ah, Ell must have figured a way out.
    That's how I was able to slay 10 large lizards and scarabs.
    For hunting down the foxes I simply used the remains of a extra mouse I hunted. It took about two days to find 10 though. Their very fast so chasing them down seemed like it would be a lot of effort for maybe catching one. I set a bunch of traps with mouse meat and holes.
    That's how I was able to slay 10 gray desert foxes.

Note: Bought a katana

@brasca123

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Desert Village - #SE1- E-Ranked - Slay 10 Large Lizard - [50 G]

Desert Village - #SE2- E-Ranked - Slay 10 Large Scarab - [50 G]

Desert Village - #SE3- E-Ranked - Slay 30 Desert Scorpion - [70 G]

Desert Village - #SD1- D-Ranked - Slay 20 Large Desert Mouse- [75 G]

Desert Village - #SD2- D-Ranked - Slay 10 Gray Desert Fox- [85 G]
    ====================================
    Welcome back Pir-kun!

A cursed katana is it? Be careful when using it, okay? It will be dangerous otherwise... There are some people on the guild that are pretty good at dispelling curses, so maybe they might help you, though I don't know if the power of this weapon comes from the curse or not.

I wonder what was it that stopped you in the pyramid... So mysterious...

Regardless, your reward will be of 330G!

Keep up the good job!

15. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link

I headed for the guild and signed up for the quests.

I head to the weapon shop to return the fishing pole I borrowed for yesterday's quest and bought an Iron Axe for 60 G and 140 gold coins. I wondered why he's selling it to me so cheap but he said it's a compensation because he was a bit drunk and bought my stuff yesterday for a price lower than what it's supposed to be. His conscience hit him right when he saw that I took care of his fishing rod as I promised. I left the shop with a good impression and went back to the inn for magic training.

I left the inn an hour after noon, went to the tavern to have a meal and headed to portal for Delta Town. I went to the location of the requester to verify the request. The request this time is from the bar where yesterday's celebration was held. I spoke to the manager at the counter.

"Good afternoon. I'm here to for the lumber quest." (Moon)

"Aren't you the lad from yesterday? Old man was looking for you yesterday." (Manager)

"I had to leave for a quest. I wanted to tell him but he seemed too happy so I didn't disturb him." (Moon)

"Well he did drank a lot more than the usual so I know what you mean. Anyway, you have to get the lumber near the farm around the outskirts. Also, we don't have an axe here so you need to have one." (Manager)

"Don't worry, I did bring an axe because I wanted to try something too." (Moon)

After choosing a tree, I and trasmitted magic onto the Iron Axe I held on my hand. It took some time to control but I was able to sharpen the magic coat at the part where the blade is. Using 「Pierce」, I hit the tree trunk with the axe and was able cut one third through. As a result, it only took me half an hour to get 10 lumber and I even learned 「Axe Wielding」.

Since there's still time before the ideal time to hunt the rats, I decided to kill time with magic training which allowed be to level up 「Magic Operation」. I also did qi training but I still can't move it fluidly like magic.

I went out of the bar before night time to scout for new places to hunt the rats. Once I found the place, I set the trap up with the bread I got from the tavern and wait for the rats. Even after waiting longer than I did yesterday, there were only 12 rats that gathered. I refused to wait longer and killed them all with 「Round Windmill」. It took me 2 and a half hours to find and kill 100 rats.

With that done, I hurried to the portal so that I could make it in time to enjoy a warm, tasty dinner.

Notes:
    > acquired Iron Axe
    > learned 「Axe Wielding」
    > 「Magic Operation II」 → 「Magic Operation III」
    > 「Round Windmill I」 → 「Round Windmill II」
    > 「Dagger Wielding I」 → 「Dagger Wielding II」

@brasca123

16. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SD7 - D-Ranked - Slay 5 Bandits [ 150 G ]

For the customers!

I really need that Moonlight water. Alberon and Amanda don't trust me, so I'll have to earn their trust. I promised them some bottled misfortune, so I'll get them some bottled misfortune. For my customers.

I take the Teleport Gate to the Frontier Village, ready to kick *** in order to satisfy my customers. Buisiness is based upon trust, and I have to earn theirs! Once I have a few regular customers, I can begin to expand my articles and base of customers, earn a lot of money and buy my own house!

Determined, I leave the village and head towards the Moonlight Lake. Luckily it is cloudy today, so I don't have to endure the sun. The mountain will be bad, but I can do it for my customers.

But they aren't the only customers I have to satisfy, I've taken a few other quests, too. Five bandits and a unicorn, and some healing plants.

After two hours of walking, I finally find my first healing plant. I harvest the lonely thing.

Yeah, this took too long. I carefully observe the local fortune, and slowly make out a few spots that could have healing plants. I also notice a group of bandits a few kilometers away.

After almost dying once, there is something I want to try. I've always suffered due to my curse, constantly being enveloped in negative energy isn't really healthy. It slowly eats away your life, unavoidable, irresistable, always there. And with eveey spell, I use that energy to harm my enemies. So why not have them suffer what I am suffering?

I can't see the bandits, but I know where they are. And I don't need to know more to curse them. I make negative energy seep into their surrounding, more and more. Then, I curse all of them with it. I curse them with death, suffering, and the inability to escape. I curse them with Death's Grasp, my newest curse. The one with the highest killing potential.

With the bandits succesfully cursed, I go towards them, to see their demise with my own eyes. It is rather exhausting to cast this cirse, and I want to see its effect with my own eyes.

But I arrive far too late, and they have already turned into corpses. Disgusting corpses with black patches, devoid of liquid, and faces twisted with pain.

Yeah, that's what I feel like from time to time. Minus the black patches. You get used to it. It's been getting rarer in the last few months, so perhaps I got some resistance.

Anyway, that makes twelve bandits. I better burn their corpses, they might have a negative effect on the environment or something. I make sure only their ashes remain.

I resume observing fortune and, with its help, quickly find the required healing plants. Altogether ten of them, orderly stored within my Item Box.

Having finished half of my quests, I make my way to the Moonlight Lake in the south.

Nothing big happens on the way I just had to run away from a cyclops once. Good thing I'm not that appetizing to most creatures. Side effect of being cursed.

After not finding a way up the mountain towards the Moonlight Lake, I have to resort to climbing again. Needless to say, it took countless hours and a lot of effort until I reached the top. Good thing, it now is night, and I can easily gather the required Moonlight Flowers and Moonlight Water.

I did it. For my customers. Only one quest remaining. The unicorn.

Before I can begin my search for an unicorn, dark clouds cover the moon and the sky. Everything goes silent, nothing moves, and nothing is visible. Almost pich black darkness. This feels like misfortune. It's making me restless.

I stay still, straining my awareness. And then I realize, that it's because of me. This is rather bad...

Using all of my experience, I try to shift as much misfortune away from me as possible, and finally succeed. Most of the misfortune disperses, and only a small part gathers on me, stimulating the negative energy that has accumulated itself in my body over the years.

It hurts. That's a good sign. Because it means I haven't died yet, and will most likely survive this. I collapse and keep coughing up blood for a few minutes, then somehow manage to drink a Fortune Drink, slightly alleviating my pain.

It takes more than three hours until I manage to shakily stand up, and slowly hobble my way back to the Frontier Village.

I won't be using curses for a while, it just might kill me. This can't go on. I thought it was getting better, but it seems like that was just an illusion. I have to do something... something... anything... yes, that could work. It should give me more time to think of a proper measure if I survive it.

A few dozen kilometers away from the Frontier Village, I take out my Reactor. After hesitating for a while, I climb into it myself. Time to pray, because me succeeding is equivalent to a miracle. Closing the hatch, I begin to split big patches of negative energy from my body, and fuse them into small pellets, just like the one I coughed up in the raid.

Needless to say, it hurts. Not just stings, but hurts like ****. I should have thought this over. But it's a bit too late now. Concentrate, split, and fuse...

The entire process takes one hour, and I finally finish it. Curled up inside of the Reactor, my entire body feels like has been burned all over. But it worked. It really worked. With this, I should be safe for a few more weeks.

I store the Reactor while lying inside of it and fall down on the floor. The impact hurts like a club being slammed in my body, but it's less than the pain I felt before.

Half-crawling half-walking, I return to the guild. There's no way I can kill a unicorn like this.

*wheezing* "I couldn't kill the unicorn, sorry."

@brasca123

Silver Snake likes this.
  17. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    Gallant Mine - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Mine 5 Ice Crystal [ 80G | 1 x Refined Ice Crystal]
    Gallant Mine - #GE2 - E-Ranked – Mine 5 Wind Crystal [ 80G | 1 x Refined Wind Crystal]
    Gallant Mine - #GD1 - D-Ranked – Mine 5 Mithril Ore [ 60G | 1 x Mithril Ingot]
    Gallant Mine - #GD2 - D-Ranked – Mine 3 Fire Crystals [ 100G | 1 x Refined Fire Crystal ]
    Gallant Mine - #GD3 - D-Ranked – Mine 3 Earth Crystals [ 100G | 1 x Refined Earth Crystal ]
    Before mining I asked around about the various risks and precautions one needs to take before expediting any sort of ore or crystal from the mines.
    • Suffocation from no open air source which could be created by roof collapses from unstable bearing caused by a pick axe in the wrong part of a wall.
    • Exploding fire crystal.
    • Suffocating from to much inhalation of the impurities in the air
    • Accidentally striking a air crystal which could propel the rocks around it to hit my head.
    With some new bought mining gear of a helmet with a magic light on it, a pickaxe, and a gas mask I set out for the Gallant Mines. After a couple of days of mining I had about half of the resources I needed. During the fourth day of mining while I was deep inside the mine, I was about to strike the wall again. *ground underneath Exspir begins to rumble* I regained my consciousness in place where it was pitch black. I turned on my helmet light to find that I was surrounded by rocks on all four sides. Not even enough room to stretch my hands out at my sides. I asked Ell if he saw anything after I lost consciousness. He said after my head was struck I fell deep into the mine and the rocks that crumbled beneath me were now covering me from above. I had a small panic attack that I would run out of oxygen before I could figure out a way out without the rocks crushing me. I then realized my heavy breathing was just reducing my time more so then before. I began to hold my breath so I could hear my surroundings better. I heard some goblins roaming by, in the direction of the goblins I stuck out one of my swords. A goblin began to draw near, it called the other goblins it was with. As light began pouring into the side of the hole I was in the rocks above me began to seem loser as well. I jumped out as soon as I could seconds before the mountain of rocks collapsed on itself. After I bowed to the goblins I ran away. When I got out of the mine that day I bought of bunch of stakes and rope. This way if I were to fall I wouldn't. I mined for four more days to get the rest of the needed materials.
    This is how I mined 5 Ice Crystal, 5 Wind Crystal, 5 Mithril Ore, 3 Fire Crystals, and 3 Earth Crystals

Note: none

@brasca123

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link

===============
    Welcome back Moon-kun!

Good thing your training seems to be going well! Hopefully your tests will keep on working out too!

Your reward will be of 200G.

Take care!

Quaesitor likes this.
  19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SD7 - D-Ranked - Slay 5 Bandits [ 150 G ]
    ==============================================
    Welcome back Tina-chan!

Just... *sighs* Seriously? Be a bit more careful please, don't overdo it and try to do things at an easy pace, it's not good to hurt yourself like this... Be careful, okay?

Your reward will be of 250G, 1 Rejuvenation Potion and 1 Bottle of Purified Moonlight Water.

Take care and rest well...

Quaesitor likes this.
  20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Gallant Mine - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Mine 5 Ice Crystal [ 80G | 1 x Refined Ice Crystal]
    Gallant Mine - #GE2 - E-Ranked – Mine 5 Wind Crystal [ 80G | 1 x Refined Wind Crystal]
    Gallant Mine - #GD1 - D-Ranked – Mine 5 Mithril Ore [ 60G | 1 x Mithril Ingot]
    Gallant Mine - #GD2 - D-Ranked – Mine 3 Fire Crystals [ 100G | 1 x Refined Fire Crystal ]
    Gallant Mine - #GD3 - D-Ranked – Mine 3 Earth Crystals [ 100G | 1 x Refined Earth Crystal ]
    ========================================
    Welcome back Pir-kun!

Be a bit more careful with the cave collapses alright? That was a dangerous experience... At least you had the luck of some goblins being around though, nice thinking in calling their attention!

Your reward will be of 420G , the Mithril Ingot and the 4 refined crystals, take care now!

Quaesitor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.