Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Gallant Mine - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Mine 5 Ice Crystal [ 80G | 1 x Refined Ice Crystal ]
    Gallant Mine - #GE2 - E-Ranked – Mine 5 Wind Crystal [ 80G | 1 x Refined Wind Crystal]
    Gallant Mine - #GD1 - D-Ranked – Mine 5 Mithril Ore [ 60G | 1 x Mithril Ingot]
    Gallant Mine - #GD3 - D-Ranked – Mine 3 Earth Crystals [ 100G | 1 x Refined Earth Crystal ]
    Gallant Mine - #GD4 - D-Ranked – Mine 25 Iron Ore [ 60G | 10 x Iron Ingot]
    ============================================
    Welcome back Moon-kun!

Seems like you found no problem while mining! Nicely done!

Your reward will be of 380G and the listed items!

Take care now!

(( No worries, it's hard to get inspiration to write mining quests. ))

2. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SD3 - D-Ranked - Slay 5 Orc Leaders [ 100 G ]

Three adventurers met for the Orc Chief subjugation mission. Exs was a magic rogue, Ius was a holy warrior, and Eor was a bard who also harnessed the power of ki/energy. They were told the locations of the five targets from a map with fives X marks on them as well as a list with rough sketches and name for each target. They were in the Gallant Pass, Orc Army Camp, Orc Capital, Orc Graves, and Dungeon of Lust. After taking the teleport to Frontier Village they bought horses from the aforementioned town. Ius and Eor didn't have any coin to their names. Ius asked Exs "Please lend me enough coin for the horse I swear once we finish the mission I'll pay you back." Eor asked Exs "Usually I have coin to spare from my donations, but getting to a floating city was as tough as I thought it would be." Exs indifferent to their reasons lent them the money saying " I don't care much for money, though I do hate wasting it."

On their journey to the Gallant Pass they were met with a bridge. Upon trying to pass it a troll came out from under the bridge and then said to the three " If you wish to pass then you must answer my riddle correctly." The three halted their horses in anticipation of the question. The troll asked "What begins with T, ends with T, and has T in it?" The group talked among themselves and came to the conclusion of a teapot. The troll said they were right and let them pass. Half a hour into the Gallant Pass they met with a Orc squad of 5 including their Leader. Ius unmounted his horse drawing his shield and sword, as he looked back at his temporary companions he noticed Exs missing from his periphery and Eor began to play a quick tune on his bamboo flute. The Rogue from beside a large boulder casts [Sleep] on one of the Orcs and fired a bolt at one of the other Orc's head silencing it permanently. Two Orcs charged at the paladin, in response the paladin casts [shield of faith] on himself shielding himself from their onslaught of attacks the best he could. The Rogue used ray of frost on one of the Orcs and Eor hit the other Orc with his quarterstaff powered up by [Stunning Strike]. In that moment when both the Orcs in front of the Paladin were stricken he lowered his shield and swung his long sword cleaving the orcs in two. All that was left was an Orc being woken up by his Chief.The Chief let out a war cry invigorating his last member and flung a axe at Exs. Exs was still hiding behind the boulder so the thing that the axe went through was just a illusion. The Chief told the Orc to keep the paladin busy while he took care of the bard. Greataxe in one hand and spear in another the Chief unleashed a flurry of axe swings and spear thrusts, pushing back the monk against a wall. The Paladin bashed the Orc with his shield and swung his word empowered by [Ensnaring Strikes], creating a countless amount of thorny vines wrapping around the Orc. Ius went to help Eor while Exs finished off the entrapped Orc. Eor pinned to the wall ran up it and did a back flip. Ius began to attack the Chief while Eor [blinded] the Orc Chief with his song/spell. It only lasted for a couple seconds but that was all that the paladin needed, with his blade empowered by [Divine Smite] he ended the life of the first Orc Chief.

Their next destination was the Orc Army Camp, they would have to disguise themselves. Exs used a disguise spell while the other two would pretend to be his prisoners. Since they just killed a Orc Chief Exs could pretend to be him and say his squad died from the prisoners. It took a couple days to get to the Army camp, it was so large it could be described as a small city. Though their weren't any permanent buildings their were many wooden lookout towers and large tents that were the size of houses. Their were many curios stares as the company of adventurers made their way to the center of the encampment, where they thought the general of the army would be to grant them permission and a place to stay. As Exs entered with Ius and Eor in chains they noticed a bunch of large Orc Chiefs around a giant round table. They didn't seem to be talking about a battle strategy, instead they were talking about a way to better train their troops. The adventurers thought they were being rude to interrupt such talks of higher ups, though the Orcs didn't seem annoyed at all, silently looking at the trio that just entered their tent as if asking what do you want. Exs said to a Orc general
    "My squad is dead, these are prisoners I brought with me to do with as you see fit."
    "Good work Albrog, you can take them to the dungeon for now. As for you we'll decide what to do with you later, you can go back to your lodgings to wait for further orders. Of course you can still visit the training grounds if you want to move your muscles."
    "Please tell me when you're going to do something with these prisoners, its a personal matter you see."
    "Will do."
    "By the way I seem to have be gone for so long I have forgotten where my lodgings were."
    "You've barely been gone for two weeks. Well I suppose remembering such rudimentary things are of little concern when fighting for our lives. Let's see the papers say your address was 1359."
    With a nod Exs left for his tent and the other two adventurers were taken away to the dungeon. Though it was called a dungeon all that it was was a large hole dug in the ground and a ceiling of prison bars covering it. Their also was a small hatch that allowed entry and kept people in.
    Ius said " the plans going well, but we really should talk about our skills and co-operation as soon as we can." Eor was in agreement. When it that the new prisoners would be interrogated Exs was invite to "watch". The only people present for the event were the adventurers and one Orc that seemed to specialize in such matters. When the interrogation was about to begin Exs had cast sleep on the interrogator and freed his companions. Exs already dealt with the Orc Chief they had to kill in the Army camp, next was to smuggle Ius and Eor in food baskets to the Orc capital. Exs would cast sleep on the coachman for the shipment and take his identity as well.

The paladin and bard could stretch their legs for the majority of the mission, after half a hour of traveling the group began to discuss ways of working together. After they had finished their ears were met with the sound of a woman crying for help. Exs wanted to stay out of it, Ius wanted to help, and Eor wanted to find out more about the situation for deciding what to do. Nevertheless they all decided to get off and go check out the situation at least. A orc man seemed to be attacking a orc woman. Ius began to step in, but Exs held his arm up in front of him. Exs said "this situation is too strange, what would these two be doing at the outskirts of a army camp?" After a while of hesitation the man disappeared and the woman turned into a ghoul of some sort. Almost screeching and talking at the same time the ghoul said "Their are no gentlemen these day! Such men willing to let a frail girl be attacked by a ruffian, such men should be punished!" Ius was still surprised by the transformation when the ghoul began to attack. Exs yelled "Get a hold of yourself your holy magic is the only thing we have that can damage a ghost like being such as that!" Eor began to play a melody on his flute that seemed to help focus Ius. The ghoul was blinded by a small bomb Exs threw, giving Ius the chance to land a [Divine Smite] on the creature. Ius was still mystified by the recent happening when they got back in the carriage. After a day or so they reached the capital city, Exs simply showed the papers he took for the actual coachmen and were granted entry.

The city was bustling as most would be, with stalls selling food and various shops ranging from actual stores to people with items on carpets. The Orc they were targeting here was simply a retired chief, meaning the difficulty should be little for this one as well. Exs dropped off the shipment to where the papers he had stolen. The paladin and bard wore a cloak so they could walk around with the rogue. After they found the target by asking around and bribing some officials they found the residence of the Orc they were looking for. They decided to wait until night to act. A hour into the night the group made their way to the target. Though it was supposed to be easy when Exs tried to sneak up on the retired Orc he was noticed and attacked almost instantly. Now in the open streets of the city they were arguing about how Exs couldn't sneak up on him. The Chief was laughing and then said "It's been a long time since I was allowed to move like this! Thank you for the opportunity. The Orc had to be around sixty or seventy years old, yet he was moving with the agility and strength that far surpassed that of the Orc Chief they dealt with earlier. Eor had cast invisibility on Exs in hopes of a better chance at surprise attacking the Orc Chief. Somehow the Orc Chief could sense his presence saying "Such cheap tricks won't work on me." Exs said "New plan. Hey old Orc could you give us a minute to create a strategy of some sort?!" He answered "If you think that would give you a better chance then sure, I have no plans." With the three in a circle they now discussed. Exs said "Ius will draw him in and a step behind you I'll cast grease you'll have to bait him into it. If he slips from the grease that's when Eor will have to blind him. The blindness effect will only last for a couple seconds so that will be our optimal time to strike." And so Ius taunted him to attack, the amount of time the paladin could shield himself from the old Orcs hits was far shorter than they had thought. With his shield broken Ius was barely able to lead him to the trap with his armor still intact. After the blind the paladin used [entangling strike] and Exs had cast [ray of frost]. The old Orc was now trapped and near chilled. The Orc's final words were "Though it was a bit cheap, a wins a win. My life is now yours."

The groups next destination were the Orc graves, more specifically the leader of the squad that guarded it. They made their way with horses they bought from the money they made by selling their older horses at the army camp. As they grew closer to the cemetery as did the number of specters and other ethereal beings. On their journey to the graves they met with a Lich that shouted he would take over the world, the group in response just thought we have a job to do and ran away from him it as fast as they could. Once they reached the entrance to the crypt they were met with the guards. Exs asked where their leader was and they said he was "putting to rest" some undead in the graves. Exs in his Orc general disguise said he had a very important matter to discuss with him and the guards allowed the group inside. While the Orc Chief was busy dealing with some undead Eor had cast [invisibility] on Exs. With a simple [sneak attack] this destinations target was over and done with. The next journey to the Lust Dungeon would take at least a week to reach.

On the way our intrepid protagonists met with many a plants that screeched when you went near them, a bored mystical beast, and a passing enchantress. Once they arrived at the Dungeon entrance on the gigantic wall/door covering it seemed to be a puzzle of some sort. The group didn't care for such thing since their target was near the dungeon not within it. The group found a smoke trail in the forest that probably belonged to the Orc squad they were looking for. As the three had sight of the Orc group as did they of the adventurer's. Suddenly a burst of waterballs, earth shards, and fireballs flew toward them. Of course Orcs in the Sacred Orc Lands were researchers/mages. Exs, Ius, and Eor all took cover behind trees as fast as the could. Once Exs had taken out three of them with bolts from his light crossbow. The group decided it was a appropriate time to group up on the last mage, the Chief. The spells she threw out were still low tier, but the merit in her attacks were the variability and amount of times she could cast in quick succession. All of them dodged the best they could without a shieldman to count on for the defense. Their arms and legs were grazed a couple times, making their movements become slower the longer the match. When Exs fired a bolt or a ray of frost the Chief was able to block them with some sort of invisible magic shield. Eor would have to cast [Dispel] at near the same time Exs fired a bolt at the Chief. Ius began to pretend to engage by rolling closer to her as she continued to shoot her magic. Once the Orc Leader was sufficiently distracted Ius signaled. Exs and Eor were now on opposide side of the Orc making it so she could only look at one of them. The two used their abilities and the fight was over.

The track back was long and dangerous as well, though that story will be for another time. That was how a Magic Rogue, Holy Warrior, and Bard defeated five Orc Leaders.

Sorry about not editing this I'm too lazy.

Note: It's not the destination it's the adventure

@brasca123

3. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SD3 - D-Ranked - Slay 5 Orc Leaders [ 100 G ]
    =======================
    Welcome back!

Seems like you had quite the dangerous journey, good job in getting back alive and well! Your reward will be of 100G to be split between you three, take care now!

(( Be a bit careful when including places that are on the map, but not on the Quest Board. The Dungeon of Lust for example is a S-rank area, we have no quests there because of it.

Since you didn't really enter the dungeon, it's fine though. Nice quests btw! ))

Bielt likes this.
  4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    (( I'm answering here just because I don't have the time to check the tavern today, but this kind of question should go there... ))

In any case, the plans from it were from a really old member that is long gone. I think we don't have anything in specific planned out, so... Who knows?

It will probably take a while until we actually go into it.

Silver Snake likes this.
  5. Ainz Ooal Gown

Ainz Ooal Gown 『Supreme Overlord』『Harbringer of Death』

Reading List:
    Link
    Gallant Mine - #SE1 - E-Ranked – Slay 5 Snow Goblin [ 80G ]
    Gallant Mine - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Mine 5 Ice Crystal [ 80G | 1 x Refined Ice Crystal ]
    Gallant Mine - #GE2 - E-Ranked – Mine 5 Wind Crystal [ 80G | 1 x Refined Wind Crystal]
    Gallant Mine - #GD2 - D-Ranked – Mine 3 Fire Crystals [ 100G | 1 x Refined Fire Crystal ]

After accepting some quests from the guild, Momon returns to Nazarick for some preparations.

Momon: Now that I think about it, I went to the guild first and not to Nazarick after my vacation. Hope the Guardians won't get upset about this.
    *cough*
    "Nabe, how are things back at Nazarick?"
    Nabe: "The same as before you left, Ainz-sama."
    Momon: "I-Is that so? Good." She's still as reserved as ever when conversing with me.. *sigh*
    Nabe: "I've already informed Albedo-sama about our arrival."
    Momon: "M-Mmm."

Nazarick, Throne Room..

Albedo: "Welcome back, Ainz-sama. As per your request, the Guardians have all gathered here."
    Momon: "Mmm. Good work, Albedo. Now then, let's get down to business---Narberal Gamma."
    Nabe: "Hai. Ainz-sama has accepted a number of quests back at the guild. Preparations are needed that's why w--he came back here."
    Albedo: "What would you require of us, Ainz-sama?"
    Momon: "Mare."
    Mare: "H-Hai, Ainz-sama!?"
    Momon: "Since you are good with Earth magic, I need you to look and get something for me."
    Mare: "A-Anything for you, Ainz-sama!"
    Momon: "..... No need to be too uptight, Mare. Anyway, I need some crystals and ores which can be found at the Gallant Mine."
    Mare: "U-Understood, Ainz-sama.."
    Momon: "Narberal will acompany you. --Narberal, tell Mare the things I need for the quests."
    Nabe bows respectfully..
    Albedo: "W-Wait, Ainz-sama. D-Don't you have anything you want us, the rest of the Guardians, be done for you?"
    Momon: "Hmm..not at the moment."
    Momon immediately notices Albedo's gloomy atmosphere..
    Momon: "B-But we can talk about it when I return."
    Albedo quickly regains her vigor..
    Albeo: "I understand, Ainz-sama!!"

Gallant Mine..

Momon: *sigh* "Only five Snow Goblins, but I encounter a group of 'em.."
    A group of Snow Globin glares at the warrior clad in black..
    Momon: "Oh, I think I heard from the Receptionist-san that these goblins drop some crystals, though they may be of low quality."
    Three goblins dashed toward Momon when they noticed he wasn't even paying any heed to them.. But just in a second, the three was cleanly cut in half from the horizontal slash Momon did.. This made the remaining goblins turn the other way around and started running away..
    Momon: "Oi, oi. Where do you think you bunch are going, huh?"
    Momon dashed towards the running group of goblins then jumped and delivered a downward slash.. Because of his immense strength, it left a crater on the ground.. After the dust cleared, the bodies of fallen goblins can be seen..
    Momon: "Hmm..it's done with this, right?"

In the middle of collecting the proofs of subjugation, Momon recieves a call from Nabe..
    Nabe: "Ainz-sama, we finished getting the crystals and ores you need."
    Momon: "That so? Good work, Narberal. Tell Mare that I will be thanking him personally later."
    Nabe: "Understood."
    Momon: "Meet me back at the guild so we can submit the quests."
    Nabe: "Hai, Ainz-sama."

After finishing up, Momon returned to the guild to meet up with Nabe..

@brasca123

OOC: Sorry if it took too long. And I think it's a bit short. Gomenne. I had some urgent things done. :D

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Gallant Mine - #GD2 - D-Ranked – Mine 3 Fire Crystals [ 100G | 1 x Refined Fire Crystal ]
    =======================================
    Welcome back Momon-kun!

Seems like those kinds of enemies are as easy as always for you, good job!

Your reward will be of 400G and the listed rewards!

Take care now!

(( No worries, RL can be a prick for everyone. ))

Ainz Ooal Gown likes this.
  7. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link

Before mining I found a old book in a forest next to the Gallant Mines. It held many reports of a adventurer, the name seems to be missing. I decided to use the various bits of information I could gleam from their writings.
    • Suffocation from collapses
    • Poisoning from inhalation of impurities
    • Explosion from fire crystals
    • Concussion from air crystals
    • suffocation from ice crystals
    • Concussion from earth crystals
    I bought a helmet with a light , a pickaxe, a gas mask, rope, stakes, and some torches, with these I enter the Gallant Mines. Most people had already taken the resources that were near entrance. I had two options, to go deeper into the mine or to dig at the side of a existing cave within the mine. I opted for a mix of both since if you dig to shallow or to deep the deposits won't be as rich. I couldn't dig that deep into the walls since that would require some support beams to prevent a cave in. I took a elevator that operated through some sort of pulley system powered by magic. When I thought I was about in the middle of the depths of the mine I stopped the elevator. Mining for some hours I couldn't find anything. Sitting down I took off my helmet and mask to wipe off the sweat on my face. While eating some dried sliced potatoes a grey haired dwarf came up to me.

"No luck, eh, young lad?"
    "Afraid not Sir."
    "Ya see crystals emit a small amount of magic. I'll teach you how to see small magic emissions through these mines."
    (I should tell him I'm looking for Mithril, oh well, I'll do it after he teaches me.)
    "Every living being posses magic of some level."
    "Um~, could we skip to the specifics, instead of the whole grand scheme of the universe thing?"
    "If you insist, concentrate a thin layer of mana over your eyes. Your visions will turn to a thin shade of blue, but the crystals will be a darker shade then the rest, you get it?"
    "Thank you very much. One last thing though, could you teach me how to find mithril?"
    "Oh~, Mithril huh? That's not the sort of material for a blooming adventurer and this is your first time mining? You remind me of myself when I was young, continuing to work hard for hours on end, even when it seems as if you've made no progress. Alright, it's settled, I'll teach you. Put your hand on the wall your planning to mine, make your mana as thin as air, and release a pulse of mana into the wall. MIthril has a reaction to magic while metals such as copper and iron don't. If their is mithril in the wall your mana shaded eyes will see a temporary glow in the wall."
    "Thank you very much. I thought such basic knowledge such as this would be taught at the guild."
    "Well this isn't exactly common knowledge. Some people use ki/energy, spirits, or even blood to do their magic. Mana is the most traditional method, perhaps because of that it has grown the most out of style with the curious kids of the new generation."
    "I see, as thanks would you like some of my dried potato slices?"
    "Don't mind if I do. *chewing* Doesn't have much taste, but it's crunchiness makes it nice to eat. Want a drink from my canteen?"
    "Uh, okay. *takes a swig* *spit take* What is that stuff!?"
    "Just some good old Dwarven brew."
    "Alcohol? Sorry for wasting some, but I don't think I can handle those sort of things."
    "That's a shame, well I've found all that I needed from mines for today. If you ever have any more questions you may simply send me a thought message."
    "Alright, thanks for everything." (probably should have asked him how to do that, oh well)

After repeating the process several times finding crystals and mythril became simple. It took the rest of my afternoon to find all the materials needed. I also found 10 more mythril ores, ice crystals, fire crystals, earth crystals, and wind crystals. I thought it was surprising I didn't encounter any goblins, golems, or elementals, I settled on the idea that monsters lurk mostly in the deepest depths of the mining site.

Note: found 10 extra mythril ores, ice crystals, fire crystals, earth crystals, and wind crystals

@brasca123

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    ===============================
    Welcome back!

Good thing you found someone to teach you how to find the ores!

Your reward will be of 60G and 1 Mithril Ingot!

Take care now!

Silver Snake likes this.
  9. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    It's finally here, after (nearly) 4 months in development, we hope it was worth the wait
    Anyone get the reference no awww

---
    Desert Village - #SE1- E-Ranked - Slay 10 Large Lizard - [50 G]
    Desert Village - #SE2- E-Ranked - Slay 10 Large Scarab - [50 G]
    Desert Village - #SE3- E-Ranked - Slay 30 Desert Scorpion - [70 G]
    Desert Village - #GE1 - E-Ranked - Harvest Ice Cabbage [ 80 G | 1 x Ice Cabbage ]
    Desert Village - #GE2 - E-Ranked - Harvest Desert Cereal [ 50 G | 1 x Bundle of Barley, Millet, and Wheat]
    Desert Village - #GE3 - E-Ranked - Gather Desert Figs [ 60 G | 1 x Basket of Desert Figs ]
    Solo
    @shad12ow
    ---
    Well, I'm ((OOC: FINALLY)) back.
    I've had a few issues with...practical firepower during the quest, could I ask what I order to rectify that problem?
    Could you recommend, a few preferably cheap and if possible, rechargable options, please?
    Thanks.
    OOC: Two more days before its the 4th month anniversary of me taking this quest...anyone have a record for latest submitted quest? lol
    Welp, hopefully I can get my pace up.
    That been, said, I apologise for the somewhat mediocre report
    Next time I should probably write before I take...saves time in case of changes needed.
    The first few tasks were...not that all interesting.
    First thing when he got to the village was to get to the farm and just helped to gather the crops. The villagers were friendly enough, and there was nothing worthy of note.
    However, after he was done with his task some village kids were attracted by his apparent identity as a adventurer, and came up to him, asking him questions:
    "Hey, are you a adventurer? Could you tell us a cool story, like saving princesses or slaying dragons?"
    Well, he had nothing on that scale, but he gladly shared some interesting parts of his travels.
    "BAM! I knocked away the swords of the goblin's elites and then the sorcerer...and that's the end, kids."
    "Aww...More! More!"
    "Sorry, I have other things to do, maybe next time I come back?"
    "Fine...when I grow up, I want to be a adventurer too!"
    "Me too!"
    "Me three!"
    "Ha, as if!"
    "Joke's on you!"
    As Hubo looked at the kids arguing amongst themselves about who was fit to become a adventurer, he just shaked his head in amusement.
    "Ha,It's good to have dreams...wonder if you guys will persist."
    Without more dilly dally, he went on to do his other tasks.
    The figs weren't hard to find and gather, just some distance from the village.
    Now came the slaying requests.
    "Well, look what we have here! A scorpion nest. And it seems to be a big one..."
    Hubo squinted as he looked at the cave opening...with many scorpions running in and out every few seconds.
    Rather obviously,there was quite the sizable number of scorpions over there.
    "Now that I have my targets, the next problem is...how do I get rid of them?"
    Of course, nobody needs to explain why waltzing into a giant scorpion nest waving just a stick around was a bad idea.
    He still had a few explosive arrows left from the raid, but he decided to keep them for times of real need; just clearing out a scorpion nest was obviously not one.
    Then how was he going to go about it?
    "I heard that when you hit a sufficiently unstable fire crystal hard enough..."
    The afforementioned object is then pulled up, given a hard ...tap with a rock...
    "...It makes a sizable blast!"
    The crystal went hurling towards the cave, before colliding with the rock of the cave.
    As it skid across the floor a bit, it finally came to stop, and then...
    ...nothing.
    "...Did I not use enough-"
    KA POW
    "...force..."
    The cave then abruptly erupted into flame.
    "...Well, that took care of them, not complaining here!"
    Hubo shrugged before he then had a sudden realisation.
    "Wait...how am I going to get evidence now?"
    ---
    "That took long enough...good thing there was just enough scorpions that were all charred..."
    Hubo grumbled, obviously not that happy about having to dig through that scorpion nest.
    At some point he even stepped on a scorpion that was just lucky enough to survive unscathed. Fun.
    "Well, there's the scorpions, now- eh?"
    While he was continuing on his merry way, he then saw something else.
    "It's a pack of lizards, well just my-"
    And now for something completely unexpected.
    Fissures opened up around the lizards out of the sand, and a unlucky lizard that happened to be unfortunate enough to be exactly on top of where a fissure opened, immediately fell in.
    It stopped moving after a brief struggle.
    As the lizards starting gathering up in a defensive formation, all of them snarling in response to whatever it out there, it was soon made clear what ambushed them.
    The heads armed with two gnarly jaws emerged first, followed by the jet black carapaces and sets of six legs.
    Giant scarabs.
    "..."
    Honestly, what are the chances?
    "Well..."
    Hubo observed the scene quietly as the two sides snarled at each other.
    Soon, one of the scarabs charged.
    The others followed and soon the lizards too, and as they collided, the battle had started.
    A scarab tore into lizard neck,before getting flung to the ground, belly facing up, and then getting its soft innards destroyed by the claws of a vengeful lizard.
    A was a messy brawl, where finesse was useless and the power of the instincts of nature came into play.
    "GRAA!"
    "URkkk..."
    In a matter of minutes there were only two left.
    The biggest lizard against the biggest scarab
    Both respectively the leader of their groups. All of their comrades slaughtered by the opposition, their life and avenging their comrades all depended on this one last battle.
    As they charged-
    *poof*
    Something flew from nowhere, landing right between then at that moment.
    What was it? Well, it was a crystal like object, shiny, sparkly, and glowing red...der-
    POW
    ...No prizes for guessing what it was
    Hubo looked at the toasted remains of the leaders with some satisfaction in his heart.
    "To the
    He then sighed as he looked inside his item box.
    "I really need to get some proper explosives or heck, just anything strong enough to create a explosion...might want to ask the guildmaster if he has some cheap or perhaps even rechargable options...heard he is a master craftsman, he might have something. Well, better get back first, I'll leave that question to after I get back."
    After scouring through the battlefield, he found just enough corpses to fufill the requests he had left (what luck!totally not plot convenience lol)
    The corpses of the leaders were also surprisingly pristine, if not just a bit stung by the heat.
    After keeping away the corpses and another brief period of travel, he returned to the guild and went in to turn in his requests.
    Stuff that goes to inventory:
    10x Large Scarab Corpse
    10x Large Lizard Corpse
    1x Large Scarab Minor Leader Corpse
    1x Large Lizard Minor Leader Corpse

10. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Desert Village - #SE1- E-Ranked - Slay 10 Large Lizard - [50 G]
    Desert Village - #SE2- E-Ranked - Slay 10 Large Scarab - [50 G]
    Desert Village - #SE3- E-Ranked - Slay 30 Desert Scorpion - [70 G]
    Desert Village - #GE1 - E-Ranked - Harvest Ice Cabbage [ 80 G | 1 x Ice Cabbage ]
    Desert Village - #GE2 - E-Ranked - Harvest Desert Cereal [ 50 G | 1 x Bundle of Barley, Millet, and Wheat]
    Desert Village - #GE3 - E-Ranked - Gather Desert Figs [ 60 G | 1 x Basket of Desert Figs ]
    =================================================================
    ".....oh, you do have some luck? Can I really call that? I guess I can, right? Hmm....well, as long as you show some result one way or another, I have no complaint. As for some explosives....you can have this."
    *a spider put a small box filled with 8 small bombs*
    "Free of charge...for now. In the future, I will charge you. Ah, here is 360 G and the other stuff. Take care for now~!"
    OOC: As for rechargeable stuff......I don't know, man. Hahaha~! I mean, can your char use mana? If yes, I can craft something for ya~!

Way likes this.
  11. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, thanks, I appreciate that
    Well, these should be able to last me quite a while, I'll come back if I need more
    *tilts hat before remembering he wasn't wearing one before leaving*
    OOC: Wow, they were right when they said there was way too much freebies lmao
    Well, he has no trouble with mana manipulation even though he doesn't use it, but well, these bombs will (probably) last him quite a while, so maybe later?

shad12ow likes this.
  12. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    Desert Village - #ED1 - D Rank – Guard Supply Route [ 150 G ]

Before I left for my mission an adventurer with dual daggers and leather armor came up to me. He said "Hey, I want to give you these." *give* *take* They were books, the first was called the Monster Manual and the second was called a Field Guide to Alchemy. I asked "Why are you giving these to me?" He answered "I found them next to a skeleton in an empty cave. I've already read them and recollected the important parts. When I saw you something in my head told me this guy needs these more."
    "Thank you! Um, my name's Sleuth, what's your name?"
    "Name's Exspir Avit, see you around."

The request was for the Oasis Village, but the supply route would be coming from Delta Town the port city. I was the only adventurer who signed up for this request. Since when more then one adventurer signs up for a central quest such as guarding a supply route people meet in a guild room for planning. The most likely monsters I would encounter on this journey would be the Large Lizard, Large Scarab, Desert Scorpion, Large Desert Mouse, Gray Desert Fox, Desert Rhino, and Fast Desert Jackal. It would take three days to get to the port city, when we leave at dawn we'll need to rest two nights.

Once I arrived at the departure site I saw one carriage and one wagon full of cargo crates. The carriage seemed like a fancier one then normal and their were five knights surrounding it. Honestly I was relieved at the sight of them, with them I wouldn't have to defend the carriage from a horde of monsters all by my lonesome.
    During our first day a swarm of giant mice assaulted the caravan: The guards were positioned well with two protecting the horses, two at each side, and one defending the rear of the cargo wagon. Being the free agent I moved to where ever it seemed like the needed me. Fighting people I usually only use my bare hands, though when fighting creatures with claws and teeth that could rip me apart, I use my staff. In the end we safely warded them off with minimal to no damage to the goods and carriage.
    On our second day bandits attacked us: Their were 16, I knew the knights were well trained, but could each of them take on three or four foes simultaneously? For bandits they seemed far too organized for being, well bandits. Almost all of them had shields, their front line had slashing weapons, their back line had piercing weapons, and three archers were far back next to their leader who simply stood back watching. The guards had full body shields though, unlike the attackers who's shields were half that size. Basically the bandits had better numbers and positioning, but the soldiers were better trained and equipped. When the archers began to rain arrows upon us the knights held their shields up, while the guards were occupied the other attackers attempted to strike their sides. The knights responded to such tactics by simply holding the shield with one arm and using their longswords to slash at any of them foolish enough to challenge them. While that was going on I dashed towards the archers, when i began to get close the archers changed their attention towards me. I created a sand cloud by swiping my staff against the ground. I lunged out of the cloud whacking the heads of the archers in quick succession. The leader showed little reaction towards me, he gave me a look as if challenging me, I ignored him to go help the guards protect the cargo. After we finished dealing with the bandits the leader was nowhere to be seen. Some of the attackers were still alive, the ones I knocked unconscious with my staff and those were weren't gravely wounded by the knights. The guards refused to put any of them within the carriage, thus we took away all of their equipment and made them walk behind us with a rope connecting all of them and tied to their hands.
    The last day, the Chief came back with 30 bandits: All of the knights were nearly dead by the end of the battle. At first the guards mowed down the bandits one by one, eventually the attackers overwhelmed one knight to the next, to the point that the guards either lost consciousness or were to wounded to move their bodies anymore. At that point they had defeated 17 of the bandits and I had knocked out 5. I who wasn't holding any formation was far harder to corner. As the attackers were about to enter the carriage I had my last stand, knocking out bandits and parrying all the blades that approached me. What was left standing were 2 bandits, the Chief, and me struggling to breathe.
    "Give it up already, you're the last one and I'm far stronger than those I order around."
    "*deeply inhales* Strength of the Champion, Heart of hero, kindness of king, might of monster, I call on thee. *eyes turn red* It's not over yet."
    Dropping my quarter staff, I shoot towards the two last bandits and I knock them out with a chop to their necks.
    "Ho~, so that's your trump card. I guess it's only fitting that I show mine." *Fire begins to spit out the ends of his gauntlets*
    When our fists collide he pushed me back, his gauntlets used explosions to propel his fists, they were probably stolen from a Noble. Those gauntlets made his punches far more powerful, but I could use that against him. As he punched it was visible how little control he had once he unleashed a blow. I simply waited for his punch, stepped to the side of it and hit his neck as he was in mid swing, that marked the end of the battle. Though my arms were a little burnt, the strength and speed I have once I'm in Champion mode is comparable to six times that of a peak trained human. With that my transformation ended and I passed out using [Rush of Regeneration].

I awoke in the carriage at Oasis village, I walked out asking the soldiers what happened. Apparently after I passed out the other soldiers woke up in a couple hours seeing that the bandits had been defeated, continued the transport as soon as they could. I asked them how they knew the amount of hours that passed after they lost consciousness. They told me that the nobles inside the carriage were the only ones untouched by the confrontation. The Nobles and knights agreed that I would be allowed to take ownership of the gauntlets since I was successful as their last line of defense. I decided to call them them the Phoenix fists. With that my mission was over and I returned to the Adventurer's Guild.

Note: Obtained the Phoenix Fists

@brasca123

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Desert Village - #ED1 - D Rank – Guard Supply Route [ 150 G ]
    ==============================================
    Welcome back!

Seems like you had quite some trouble in the guarding quest, I wish I could give you the reward for the quests for killing bandits or the mouses, but the rules don't allow me...

At least you got a nice weapon out of it, so I guess it was somewhat worth it? Stay safe, okay?

Your reward will be of 150G.

Take care now!

LittleFox21 and Silver Snake like this.
  14. Sunlight_Brother

Sunlight_Brother Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @brasca123

Delta Town - #GE1 - E-Ranked - Gather 10 Chickens [ 20 G |5 x Eggs ]
    Delta Town - #GE2 - E-Ranked - Clean Barnacles from hull [ 40 G]
    Having no particular skills other than willing to work hard, I figured it would be best if I made some money so that I can find a teacher, or at least get some decent gear.

I woke up early in the morning; before the sun rose up. When I made it to the farm where I was to gather the eggs, the sun was just coming out from the horizon. I introduced myself to Farmer Ted, he was a tall and strong man. Gathering the eggs were simple enough, although some of the mother hens did peck my hand when I took the eggs, it was nothing major. When I had 10 eggs in my Item Box, I turned them in to Ted; he was even kind enough to give me a water flask.

After I finished gathering the eggs, I set off to the docks. It was around midday when I made it there. I found the ship that needed cleaning, the "Anne Marie", apparently named after the captain's first love. The sailors had rigged a rope and board contraption that allowed me to move up and down the hull, which made cleaning the ship's hull of barnacles a lot easier. When lunch came around I ate my last piece of bread, and when I worked into the evening, the crew member shared their food with me too. I told them my story, of how I had came to the Town of Delta, because of the war. They gave me encouraging words and wished me luck, which made me happy.

15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town - #GE1 - E-Ranked - Gather 10 Chickens [ 20 G |5 x Eggs ]
    Delta Town - #GE2 - E-Ranked - Clean Barnacles from hull [ 40 G]
    ====================================
    Welcome back Sun-kun!

Let's see... Oh... I'm sorry, but it seems you misunderstood one of the requests, you were meant to gather chickens for the first quest, the 5 eggs were part of your reward... I'm sorry to say it, but I'll have to fail this one.

Your reward will be of 40G.

Take care now, better luck next time!

BlancFrost and LittleFox21 like this.
  16. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE4 - E-Ranked - Slay 5 Boar Warriors. [ 70 G ]

I took the teleportation portal to frontier Village. A kobold inspector saw me and commented, "A newbie huh." Before I could reply he asked, "So which quest are you taking?"
    I replied, "Hunting some Boar Warriors." I am just a mortal as of now, there is no need for me to be arrogant due to my former divinity.
    "That's realistic enough for first time hmm", he muttered to himself something and asked, "Do you know where Boar warriors live....... rather do you have any idea what they are even?"
    I didn't have any answer for that. Even Gods mess up. He saw through me and commented, "For a newbie you didn't mess up big time. The boars live on the border of the plains and mountains. They can be pretty aggressive."
    He gave me a potion and map of the mine, mountains and the plains and said, "Pay me 20 gold once you complete the quest"
    I thanked him for his help and made my way towards the outskirts of the village thinking that the inspector looked like someone seriously powerful and heroic?
    I noticed that there were two ways towards the mine - 1)Through Gallant pass 2)An small subsidiary path on the route to the sect fortress
    The boars were found on the second path so I decided to take path 2 and return through path 1

----timeskip 2 hours------

The boar warriors were boars wearing copper equipment on there tusk and legs. They only knew how to do a straight frontal charge.
    As of now I was following a trio of them while hiding. They met a lone young wolf who looked injured and immediately charged. Pretty agrressive.
    The good me could not see this sight and immediately came out of hiding. I use electrification on my hands and fire a pellet by using my hands as a railgun. A Boar immediately fell down to the ground and died while other two were stunned by the sound. The wolf immediately took advantage and killed one of them while I sliced and killed the other using my sword.
    The wolf fell unconscious due to his injuries.
    I made him swallow the potion and carried him to the spring nearby by negating the gravitational force vector.
    He soon gain consciousness as his wounds started healing. He looked towards me warily but ran away on hearing a howl. Looks like he got separated from his pack. He gave me a final look before disappearing into the horizon.
    I ambushed two pairs of boar near the spring and used three more pellets and received four copper tuskwear and three corpses of boars. The last one was hopelessly damaged.
    I ate 2 loaves of bread and sat a campsite to rest after traveling to the mountains.

-------------timeskip - 12 hrs ----------

I reached the mine. The mine was full of cold aura and the rocks where covered by snow.
    I had not purchased a pickaxe for mining as I had a way better idea for mining. I traveled to the second underground area of the Mine where Snow goblins where found. I took out the quartz crystals I had and imbued them with electricity to make them vibrate and use vector control to make them rotate and thus act as a mining drill.
    I remained hidden behind a rock to ambush any Goblin that came nearby.
    I collected some stones to use as ammo and fired them on the goblins. All the five snow goblins died in the same way - after being fatally injured by the stone, they would be sliced in half by my sword.
    After mining for four hours I found 10 ice crystals, 5 Wind crystals, 8 iron ore, two earth crystal and one small pebble of mithril-lined tungsten ore.
    I returned safely afterwards through the pass after consuming two more bread loaves.

=20 gold to be paid
    =4 bread used
    =got 4 copper tuskwear and three Boar corpses
    =got two ice knives from goblins
    =got 10 ice crystals (paid five for quest) net 5
    =got 5 Wind crystals(paid five) net 0
    =8 iron ore, 2 earth crystal, pebble of mithril tungsten ore

@brasca123

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE4 - E-Ranked - Slay 5 Boar Warriors. [ 70 G ]
    ================================================
    Welcome back Zekro-kun!

Seems like both the Boar Warriors and the Goblins posed no threat to you, good job!

Don't forget to pay up that Kobold later! You're reward will be of 310G, the Refined Ice Crystal and the Refined Wind Crystal!

Take care now! Good luck on future quests!

Ddraig likes this.
  18. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    Ant Nest - #SD1 - D-Ranked - Slay 10 Worker Insects. [ 120 G ]
    Ant Nest - #GD1 - D-Ranked - Bring 3 Ant Corpses [ 110 G | : 1 x Arachne Silk ]

Worker ants in the Monster Manual
    • Top speed of 100km per hour
    • Able to lift 225 kg
    • Generally travel in packs for food gathering and expansion of their nest, though ants travel alone when looking for food
    • Ant eyes can see fast movement, but generally have blurry vision
    • Their antennas detect chemicals, air currents, and vibrations
    • Lone ants must return to their nest with a pheromone trail to lead a group of ants back to the new site'
    I had armor made from my 2 mithril ingots and 10 ores. Instead of a wooden quarterstaff, I now have a mithril one, as well as chain mail shirt and pants made of mithril. I don't like seeing things die, so I plan on knocking out the giant ants. I took the teleport to Desert Village, then I went northwest in the direction of the Ant Nests. I knew that Ants weren't as strong as humans, though they are far faster and overwhelm easily in numbers. Once I was close enough to the ants I positioned myself in the outskirts of nest, waiting for lone scouts that would be searching for food sources, it was boring, but safe. I sneaked up on them using my cloud walkers, since their antennas could detect my walking from the vibrations. With a simple smack to their head, they fell unconscious. I tied them together in a line with a rope. While I was dragging them all back to the desert village what looked like a sea of ants were stampeding en route to me. I already settled on the fact that I would have to go into my champion form, but I was unsure If I should run away with it or use my increased strength and cloud walker to go up into the air where they couldn't reach me. I elected for the ladder since ants could run extremely fast. When I was at the half way point between the clouds and ground I looked at the ants which were creating a ladder out of their bodies. "Cheese & Crackers, what I wouldn't give for a spell that creates a wall of fire or even a gigantic water wave spell. At this point I was so high in the atmosphere that I was becoming unable to breath. My Champions form transformation was wearing off as well. I needed some time to think of a solution, I activated [Slow Sight]. With my transformations gone, the ants building a ladder towards me, and free falling through the air, I brought out my absorption shield. Seconds later my body hit the surface of the planet with my shield facing the ground. Yeah, even though my shield absorbs all impacts up to a certain point, my bone in my right leg was fractured and my shoulder was dislocated. With my good arm I put my shield back into my Inventory Box and took out smoke pellets. With the blown up dust from my impact and smoke pellets I limped to the Desert village using my staff for support and dragging the 10 ant bodies that were probably dead now from the impact. Once I reached the village entrance I collapsed using [Rush of Regeneration]. I don't think I'll be taking any quests that include slaying for a long time.

Note: none

@brasca123

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Ant Nest - #SD1 - D-Ranked - Slay 10 Worker Insects. [ 120 G ]
    Ant Nest - #GD1 - D-Ranked - Bring 3 Ant Corpses [ 110 G | : 1 x Arachne Silk ]
    ===========================================
    Welcome back!

Seems like you had quite a hard time with them, good thing you were able to escape before being overwhelmed though...

Your reward will be of 230G and the Arachne Silk!

Take care now!

Silver Snake likes this.
  20. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town - #GD1 - D-Ranked - Gather 10 Lumber [ 100 G | 3 x Wooden Plank]

Final Preparations​

Okay, so I have to get some lumber. Once I have the wood, I can begin my final experiment. Good thing I don't need to borrow an axe, as I have my hatchets.

I take the Teleport gate to the Frontier Village and search for travel to the east, towards the Verdant Forest. On the way I am careful to avoid all conflict by carefully choosing my path based on its fortune.

I don't meet anyone, and arrive at the Verdant Forest without trouble. Pulling out my hatchet, I begin to happily chop away at the trees. Having had some experience before, I don't make any great errors and soon have felled the first tree. I cut off the branches and store the tree trunk in my item box. That's one of ten.

But I am exhausted, so I'll just rest for a while.

But honestly, this is taking a bit long. Isn't there a better way to do this? I've got curses, poison, diseases, alchemy, Wu Xing- that should have been obvious. Wu Xing. Wood into fire.

Without effort, I turn the roots of nine trees into fire, and the fire into earth. All according to the generating circle.

Actually, isn't Wu Xing rather strong and versatile? Like a natural law one can manifest. Well, I don't understand it anyway.

Having recovered some of my energy, I cut off the remaining branches on the nine trees with a hatchet and store the tree trunks in my item box. Well, that went fast. In fact, couldn't I have done what I did to the roots to the branches, too?

...but it seems like misfortune is approaching me again. I carefully make my way back to the Frontier Village, making each step following fortune and avoiding misfortune.

After arriving, I take the teleport gate to Delta Town and deliver the ten tree trunks. This should complete the quest, right?

Note: Not that long, but I couldn't really think of anything. Nothing really noteworthy, in my opinion.

@shad12ow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.