Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#GD2|D-Ranked|Gather 10 Nectar [120 G | 1 x Butterfly Honey]
    Great Plain|#GD3|D-Ranked|Gather 5 Flower seeds [80 G | 1 x Butterfly Flower]

To the Great Plains after a teleport to Frontier Village!
    Searching for flowers Sleuth found a black haired chipmunk sized cat-kin holding a bouquet of flowers over his shoulder like a normal person would carry a tree trunk. As I stared at him, he turned and began to stare at me with an emotionless expression. Feeling obliged to do something i said
    "That's quite the amount of flowers you have their"
    "Twelve"
    "Would you mind if I traded you something for them?"
    *tilts head* "For what?"
    *rummaging through bag and item box* "I have these elemental crystals"
    "One flower"
    "Hm~, how about this speedy tuna fillet?"
    *eyes glimmer* *presents all of his flowers* "Can have."
    "Thanks, by the way if you want more of these the adventurer's guild has way more."
    "What's that?"
    "The adventurer's guild? It's a group of people who pay you to do things."
    "What's pay?"
    "It's giving money for doing something."
    "What's money?"
    "It's what people trade each other for goods like food and drink."
    "Coins?"
    "yes."
    "Where."
    "The guild? It's that way. You can't really get there since it's floating in the sky."
    *shakes head* "Can fly"
    And with that he flew away with my fillet over his shoulder. Well at least I obtained what I required.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#GD2|D-Ranked|Gather 10 Nectar [120 G | 1 x Butterfly Honey]

Great Plain|#GD3|D-Ranked|Gather 5 Flower seeds [80 G | 1 x Butterfly Flower]
    ==========================
    Welcome back!

Good thing you found someone that had already gathered them! Makes the job easier for sure!

You kinda forgot to tag a receptionist though, so I'll have to apply a penalty to your reward...

You'll get 100G, the butterfly honey and the butterfly flower for this!

Take care now!

Myriadfold and Silver Snake like this.
  3. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town|#GE3|E-Ranked|Fish 5 Speedy Tunas [80G | 1 x Speedy Tuna Fillet]

Kuro was glad to hear their were teleport gates that instantaneously transported people to a far off locations. When Kuro arrived in Delta Town he felt used to the crowds, but also cautious of them since they likely wouldn't see him and step on him because of it. Kuro made sure to walk along the stands to avoid any possible squashing. Sometimes a vendor noticed Kuro and shouted at him to stop trying to steal from their stall. Kuro ran away as fast as he could with his hands raised to free himself of such persecutions. He felt glad about the item box the guild gave him, with this he thought he would finally carry all the wonderful things hes found wandering the world. Kuro had a small stature so the item box that fits snugly on an adventurers belt was worn as a backpack. He was unsure of which direction the river was, so he asked one of the guards. At first the soldier was suspicious of the little cat, but when he saw him walking on twos and with a backpack he assumed the creature had some level of intelligence. Kuro tried talking to him but he was too tall and the city was too loud. The knight lowered his halberd as if telling Kuro to step on it. Once he did Kuro walked up it all the way to the soldiers shoulder. After the short interaction Kuro started to leave, but the knight told him about how long it would take to walk there on legs as little as his and offered a faster form of transportation. The Knight brought out a rusty iron short sword and told Kuro to get on it. Kuro wasn't sure of what the plan was but he did what he was told. As Kuro asked what next the Knight threw the blade Kuro clung on in the direction of the river.
    Kuro woke up wondering why he was leaning against a tree. Suddenly it all came back to him, how the Knight had thrown him at a ridiculous speed and how he himself was barely able to survive if it were not for his ability to levitate just before the short sword's collision. Not wanting to wallow on the past Kuro looked around to see the river a meter to his left. Their weren't that many people around the river. Kuro heard the fish were fast resulting in not many people caring to catch them. Though he did see two people with fishing lines in the water. One was a boy and the other a girl, they looked to be teenagers or young adult from their physiques. While Kuro stared at them the girl noticed and instantly grabbed hold of him to hug. While Kuro suffocated the guy next to her pointed it out. The duo said they were still technically kids of the orphanage in Delta Town and that they came here often to get food the orphanage wouldn't have to pay for. They told him about how the orphanage usually gets by from donations and kids doing chores around the town. As well as their dream of leaving the orphanage to become adventurers. Kuro forgot that he had to buy a fishing rod, since before now he had never used money or shopped in stores. When the two heard his objective and saw him without any sort of equipment they lent him one of theirs to use for the day. As they gave him the rod they noticed that it was like asking a man to carry a pillar. This did not deter Kuro at all though, he asked of the pair to create a hole in ground that'd fit the fishing pole. After a few rocks were put next to it to stabilize it Kuro sat on top of the reel with a sense of accomplishment. It was then that a fish began to pull on the line. As the reel handle was spinning wildly Kuro jumped on it in hopes of stopping it to only end up spinning with it. It was at this point the two helped him out yet again. They agreed that Kuro probably couldn't use the fishing rod. While Kuro felt dejected at the cruel reality the two said they'd give him five tunas if they catch extra.
    Luckily for Kuro the pair caught triple the amount they normally did and had just enough to give Kuro five. Once Kuro put all of this fish in his item box a feint rustling was heard from some nearby bushes. The rustling became heavy steps, It was a bear who must have come to the river for a meal. The trio was cornered, they couldn't cross the river with how fast and wide it was and they couldn't go right or left, since the bear could easily chase them. Kuro said
    "I'll go right while you guys go left nyaa."
    "No, we can't just leave you!"
    *the boy grabs the girl's arm* "Thanks."
    As the two ran the bear was about to chase them, but Kuro flew at the bears face. After a near miss from the bear's paw Kuro began to fly towards the opposite direction of the other two. Kuro was half fairy so he had the ability to fly, but it tired him out greatly so he didn't do it often. Sure he is faster than when he ran, but not much. After a couple of near hits from the bear chasing him Kuro finally felt the full impact of the bear's swooping paw. Hurled against a large rock, the bear was about to pounce onto him. Kuro ran out of ideas, all that Kuro could do now was hope for someone to save him. It was at this moment he heard thunder strike, after that was the creaking of a large tree, when Kuro opened his eyes the bear had been crushed by a falling tree. In disbelief of what just happened Kuro looked right and left for a clue. A voice suddenly spoke in Kuro's head
    "If one such as you seeks to explore this world then you will need at least this. A magic to control probability. Good luck little one."
    Before Kuro had a chance to respond the voice left. Beaten but not broken Kuro put his item box back on his pack and walked back to the Port City.

Note: obtained 1 rusty iron sword
    @brasca123

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town|#GE3|E-Ranked|Fish 5 Speedy Tunas [80G | 1 x Speedy Tuna Fillet]
    =======================
    Welcome back!

That was dangerous! You should properly prepare before heading out like that! Good thing that tree fell and saved you... I wonder what that voice was... Please be more careful in the future! >.<

Your reward will be of 80G and 1 Speedy Tuna Fillet.

Take care now!

5. Hasr11

Hasr11 [Cat] [Fujoshi] [JP TL in Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    @brasca123
    Great Plain|#SE1|E-Ranked|Slay 20 Slimes [50 G]
    Great Plain|#SE2|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Goblins [50 G]
    Great Plain|#SE3|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Orcs [100 G]

My mama told me that I should get a lot of bishounens to become a supreme overlord so that my oniichan, invisible dragon will finally notice me. So I came and saw there were a lot of bishounens in human settlements. But you need money to get bishounens. So I joined the adventurer's guild. AndI took a quest and flew to a huuuuuge plain.
    I saw there were many small fries there. My mama told me that you shouldn't touch slimes cause they are squishy-squishy, but bishounens are more important, so I went and tried killing one.....uurgh it's too squishy. I tried hard and finally killed 21..... Huh? I need only 20? Well, I'll just gift to to the bishounens I have.

Goblins are ugly. So I used my special move, katana slash, and killed them one by one, while closing my eyes , coz they're ugly....that took some time.

The orcs knew my mama, so they surrendered quickly, and I told them to kill 10 of themselves, so that was fast.

On the way, I found an injured bishounen, so I used a part of my salve on him and he joined me (in my inventory)
    Note : obtained
    2 healing potions
    1 bishounen
    9 slime jelly
    2 rusty glaive

6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SE2|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Goblins [50 G]
    ====================================
    Welcome back Kure-chan!

This was... A bit unexpected I guess, but... There seems to be no problems as well, so you can have 200G!

Take care now!

((How to say it... I don't really mind small reports, or reports that don't focus much on the actual quests, or reports that are mainly jokes made for fun, but... It's hard to deal with them if your report is all of those at once.

Try to depict how things happened a bit more next time, even if you continue the joking tone, it would still be nicer if your report had some substance to it...))

AmIaCat and Hasr11 like this.
  7. Hasr11

Hasr11 [Cat] [Fujoshi] [JP TL in Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll keep it in mind senpai!

AmIaCat and AliceShiki like this.
  8. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SE4|E-Ranked|Slay 5 Boar Warriors [70 G]
    Great Plain|#SE5|E-Ranked|Slay 15 Kobolds [80 G]

Great Plain|#SD1|D-Ranked|Slay 10 Lizardmen [70 G]

Great Plain|#SD3|D-Ranked|Slay 3 Orc Leaders [150 G]
    Great Plain|#SD5|D-Ranked|Slay 3 Kobold Leader [120 G]

In the great plains finding flowers for their nectar and seeds Kuro hoped to gain more of what the humans call currency. With this the little cat could taste those delicious treats the stalls were always selling. Kuro went back to the usual place the little cat went for flourishing flowers to see almost all of the flowers crushed. The little cat examined it to see that it looked as if many horses and men had made a trail resembling a road from marching. Kuro was melancholic at the thought of how much more difficult the request would be now that the primary source was nowhere to be found. After sinking in his sadness for a little while the little cat began to look around again. He saw the group that had made the trail of dead wildlife. Normally Kuro wouldn't care for what humans or others did, so theirs no reason for him to chase after them, but he saw something. Along with with knights adorned in ceremonial tabards he saw what the horses were pulling, cages filled with demi-humans. Orcs, Boarmen, Kobolds, and lizardmen. That wasn't the part that caught Kuro's eye though, it was a small cat kin that seemed to be the size of himself. At the idea of a possible encounter with another of his kind Kuro flew towards the troupe and then into a cage. The person he found was a cat-kin but only a normal young one and not a chipmunk sized one like himself. The little cat realized it must have been the distance and his own inner want that made him think something was what it was not. When a fairy sized cat-kin came flying into the cage nobody noticed except for the prisoners within. The occupants realized the existence of a new being, but did little else then pass a glance. All of the demi-human's eyes were empty, no soul or fire could be detected within them. Kuro had never before seen a spectacle so depressing, he had not even known the concept of the word. Ever since the little cat had achieved consciousnesses he only wandered the world seeing sights and running away from dangers. Kuro never needed to eat or sleep, so he hardly ever needed to put himself in a situation of danger. He doesn't know the reason for his existence nor does he understand why he it was unnecessary for him to eat and sleep or how he could fly, he had the mind of a child, but the experience of decades. The little cat began nudging one of the Orcs, it kept on staring into nothingness without a response. Kuro's eyes were beginning to tear up, in response one of the other larger Orcs said
    "Little one, their is no saving us or our homes. Just let us be."
    "Why nyaa?"
    "Those who attacked us, those who imprisoned us, who march beside us as I speak, they are too strong."
    "What is strength nyaa?"
    "That which allows one to take what they want."
    "Get stronger nyaa!"
    "We can't."
    In that moment something changed within Kuro. He thought
    (If this is the reality I am given, if these are my circumstances, then I refuse it, I will change it).
    A conviction was born within the little cat that had never existed before.
    "You will nyaa."
    Right after Kuro finished his last word a wheel on each caravan carrying the cells broke. After some more talking with the Orc Leader he was told that the knights belonged to the Holy empire a faction of humans that thought they were superior to all others. That the empire would enslave all of the demi-humans and and execute their leaders as a show of power. While asking for some specifics Kuro had yet to realize he was creating a plan.
    Four carriages were entering the open gates of the holy empire's capital city. As the demi-humans were being driven to the center of the commoner's district people were shouting obscenities and throwing rotten fruit at them. Once the prisoners had arrived at the hanging station the crowd had ceased their speech in anticipation. The Orc Leader that had spoken with Kuro was guided up to the platform. As he was told the Orc put his head in position with the rope. In the crowds their were none that could be seen without a grin of satisfaction, of superiority. The executioner pulled the lever releasing the footing under the Orc, as he was falling the rope meant to suffocate him snapped, the orc was not under the platform out of view. The executioner and the all the viewers were in shock. In the confusion all of the other prisoners ran out of their carriage cells and once they had finally gotten out an array of magic weapons could be seen at their feet appearing out of nowhere. The demi-humans picked up the swords and challenged the knights. When the knights attempted to draw their swords half of them noticed their scabbards to be empty and took off as fast as possible. The remaining knights and demi-humans clashed, both sides had the same weapons, but the humans had armor and the demis were stronger and faster. When the battle had ended all of the knights became lifeless lumps of meat and only a handful of demis were left. As the holy empire reinforcements were incoming the demis made their way into the hysteric crowds and disappeared.

In the outskirts of the holy empire territory a group of an Orc Leader, Kobold Leader, Lizardman, and Boarman were kneeling to a little cat-kin. Kuro who had given the prisoners food and water on their way to the city by using his flight and item box (with nearly limitless capacity from the adventurer's guild). While they trained their bodies in the two weeks it would take to get from the great plains to the holy empire's capital the guards became suspicious of their constant movement, but the demi-humans were able to throw them off by pretending to have gone mad. Kuro with the use of his item box and small stature stole the magic weapons from the knights while they were watching the execution. Lastly the little cat led the remaining demis to the sewer system entrance in the crowd.
    "You are our lord, master of us monsters and we pledge our eternal allegiance to you."
    "I could not save them nyaa."
    "Our men died destroying those who had slain their families. If it were not for you they would have died as half men."
    "I accept your pledge nyaa. I hope to life up to your expectations nyaa. *bows*
    Two weeks after walking back towards the great plains the group had taken camp and were sleeping for the night. Kuro who did not need sleep sat on a branch overlooking the makeshift camp. A voice began to speak inside the mind of Kuro
    "You have probably already realized it by now, but I'll explain anyways. Your ability of probability manipulation, it can not change the rules of this world, it can only decrease and increase the chances of parts of this world being changed by the predefined laws. The people of this world would probably call me a god or goddess of fortune. The name god isn't quite right since the very idea of one is usually thought to be all powerful or all seeing, of which I am neither. The name lady luck is far more attractive to me, as the embodiment of all chance in this world. The small revolt you lead was a trial.This power has a price. You must sacrifice your soul ,your existence will never find it's rest, It will be mine for all time."
    "Alright nyaa."
    "Really, so easily? You will reincarnate over and over again as the avatar of luck. You will never meet your loved ones at your end."
    "I need this power, someone as weak as myself nyaa."
    "I see then, as a fair well I will give you this warning, beware of death"
    10 Orcs, 5 Boar warriors, 15 Kobolds, 10 Lizardmen, 3 Orc Leaders, and 3 Kobold Leaders died in the revolt

Notes: obtained four followers

@brasca123

9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SE4|E-Ranked|Slay 5 Boar Warriors [70 G]
    Great Plain|#SE5|E-Ranked|Slay 15 Kobolds [80 G]
    Great Plain|#SD1|D-Ranked|Slay 10 Lizardmen [70 G]
    Great Plain|#SD3|D-Ranked|Slay 3 Orc Leaders [150 G]
    Great Plain|#SD5|D-Ranked|Slay 3 Kobold Leader [120 G]
    =====================================================
    Welcome back Kuro-kun.

Well... This was somewhat unexpected... We usually issue the quests to have you take care of the ones that cause us trouble, not the captives from the Empire... You did end up leading a rebellion that caused the death of plenty of Empire soldiers though, so it's a plus.

I'll have to give you a discount on the reward because the ones that were killed were not the ones we want you to kill.

And... I don't want to hear you speaking of them as Demi-humans again, got it? You seem to be naive, so you probably don't quite understand it, but saying they're an inferior type of human is... Not something I accept, please remember that.

Your reward will be of 390G.

Take care now.

10. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    O.O the horror >.< *flee's*

11. Sunlight_Brother

Sunlight_Brother Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @brasca123

In the beginning, the day was like any normal day; people going about and tending to their chores. I had set off into the the plains, searching for an orc. I found one, sneaking about in the grass, perhaps searching for a prey of its own. I charged it with my shield, knocked it down, and quickly dispatched it with a spear the chest. When I turned around to see if anything was alerted to the commotion, the orc that was laying on the ground had pulled out a horn and signaled to its friends. Quickly, I rushed in and slashed the Orc's throat but I was too late. Roars erupted all around me.

I ran, I ran as fast as I could, but the orcs were relentless. In my fear I lost my way. Unknown paths and trees were before me. Finally my flight ended, I had reached a dead end. Before me laid a cliff side, and on my back were fifteen orcs. The only way to live now was to fight.
    I pulled out my bow and shot all of my arrows as quick as I could. Some fell, but I do not know how many, I did not have time to think. When the orcs were upon me, I dropped my bow, and picked up the spear and shield that I laid behind me. In that instant, my world turned red. I felt a rage grow from deep inside me. A maddening flame erupted throughout my body, and one word rang out in my head; "KILL".

Everything became a blur. I see glimpses of the enemy attacking me, but the only memory that is clear is the one where they looked at me in fear. When they ran I chased and killed them. I hunted them in the woods and out into the plains. I fought them between houses made of sticks and straws. There were even orcs that only came up to my knee but I slayed them too, along with slimmer orcs that ran away with pudgy bundles that cried.

When all was done, I found myself laying in a pool of blood. My left arm was gone and my body too tired to stand, so there I was, my blood mixing with the orcs, dying.

When I was young, there were stories of terrible warriors who rampaged across battlefields. I never believed it to be true, until I saw one destroy my village. Now I know how one comes into being.; accept the blood and rage.

From the blood I arose, and as I rose, so did the blood. It swirled around my body and hardened, becoming armor and weapons.

~ I return to the guild with the heads of 43 orcs. (some are orc children)

-Gained "Blood Knight" class.
    - Steal Blood (heals self with damage inflicted upon creature)
    - Summon Armour and Arms
    - Summon Shadow Minions
    - Rage (Increase in speed/strength/durability, ignore pain)

[​IMG]

12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    =========================================
    Welcome back Sun-kun!

Seems like you went through quite a dangerous situation, please be more careful when attacking orcs out in the open.

I don't really know how you got overcome by rage like that, but I'm glad it helped you...

As for the fact of killing Orc children, I may not like it much, but it isn't that much of a problem, if they were among groups of orcs that were causing trouble in the plains, they'd probably grow up to cause as much trouble as their parents.

Your reward will be of 100G.

Take care now!

13. thedorkishguy

thedorkishguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE2 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Goblins [ 50 G ]

Kaiten once again sighed as he left the Adventurer's Guild. He had failed one of his first quests. The level of difficulty of the Adventurer's guild was definitely another level compared to his hometown!

He readed his bow, and once again prepared to exit the city as he passed by a food stall and smelled a whiff of amazing food. His stomach grumbled loudly as he couldn't handle the smell of delicious meat!

He mumbled unintelligetly to himself "No! I must persist and continue fighting monsters! My village needs me to earn 10,000 gold as soon as possible!"

Kaiten quickly through the thought of eating delicious food to the back of his mind and thought of his poor village and their need for gold!

-----

He once again reached the same location as he fought the goblins the day before, he looked at the weird looking green creatures in front of him as he laid on his stomach eyeing the ten or so goblins from afar.

He readied his bow and silently condensed the wind arrow as thin as he could. He soon realised that from his previous battle he had gained stronger and was able to make the wind arrows even thinner meaning it would pack a stronger hit than before.

*WOOOSH* Kaiten had let loose of the arrow and aiming it at one of the goblins.

*GRRK!?* the startled goblins yelled as one of their own just sudddenly got hit by an invisible attack.

They all yelled mysteriously as they quickly looked around for the silent assailant.

Kaiten didn't let this chance get the better of him as he quickly let loose arrow after arrow of his [InfiniteArrow] ability.

Before long, he had shot down all the goblins and had the necessary evidence to prove to the adventurers guild.

-----

It was time to head back to the city and hand in his rewards!

Kaiten walks towards the receptionist's desk covered in dirt and yet his elven features were still as smooth as a baby's skin...

He looked at the receptionist and handed in his report...

@brasca123

14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain - #SE2 - E-Ranked - Slay 10 Goblins [ 50 G ]
    ====================
    Welcome back!

Good thing your skills got better, nice to see you defeated the goblins with ease!

Your reward will be of 50G!

Take care now!

15. platys51

platys51 Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    Gallant Mine - #SE1 - E-Ranked – Slay 5 Snow Goblin [ 80G ]
    Gallant Mine - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Mine 5 Ice Crystal [ 80G | 1 x Refined Ice Crystal ]
    Gallant Mine - #GE2 - E-Ranked – Mine 5 Wind Crystal [ 80G | 1 x Refined Wind Crystal]
    Gallant Mine - #GD2 - D-Ranked – Mine 3 Fire Crystals [ 100G | 1 x Refined Fire Crystal ]
    Gallant Mine - #GD3 - D-Ranked – Mine 3 Earth Crystals [ 100G | 1 x Refined Earth Crystal ]
    Gallant Mine - #GD6 - D-Ranked – Mine 50 Stone [ 60G | 10 x Stone Slab ]

@brasca123

alone

My strength is not enough. And by not enough I mean I was probably second weakest creature on that battlefield. Who knows? Maybe even weakest of them all. I never fought goblin in a fair match, always surprising them with a stone in the face.

Me joining guild was to get stronger. Strong enough for me to destroy my world. Golem raid taught me that I, as I am, am definitely not up for that task. As soon as She knew of my presence, stealth option was not viable. Now, just to get back, I need to overcome barrier separating our worlds. She will definitely notice that.

So, what can I do to accomplish my purpose? Get stronger. Much stronger. So strong, that world will crumble second I touch its surface. But that is something that will take time. For now? Get strong enough to kill goblins without surprise attack.

I took six quests before staff departed from this area. It would be a waste of time to travel to guilds HQ and back. It's not that I don't have time, I just don't like wasting it needlessly.

I asked adventurers that stuck around about all kinds of things one need to know before diving into mines. Apparently, things like pickaxe, hammers and magic tools providing light are free if you return them in the state you borrowed them in. Quite handy, given that I don't have any money on me.

Arming myself with everything I'll need, I dived into mines. Not by the main entrance, but one of many little caves that can be found on this mountain. Why? I want to practice with a spear. And there is no need for any adventurer to see my spear. It wasn't mine hours ago after all.

As light from entrance faded, I lit my only source of light for today. From what I heard, mining crystals can be done in one day. Goblins depend on your luck and stone can be mined on the surface as well. Darkness was replaced by dim shades of gray as I made my way into the heart of the mountain.

My way inside the mountain was uneventful. Way too uneventful. No crystals to mine and no goblins to kill. I walked for hours without meeting anything. Am I walking in circles? It's hard to tell, I have no map and light is so dim, it's hard enough not to hit walls. It makes looking for features that stand out enough to be recognized really hard.

Just as I was thinking about turning back and trying different entrance, I heard dull thump reverberate trough cave. "That's definitely not a goblin." I thought as I searched frantically for the source of the sound. I wanted to run, but running into whatever is made it would be undesirable. Given that I'm not sure I can defeat goblin, it would probably be outright deadly.

In the end, I didn't find it, it found me. Wall next to me moved. Without time to dodge, all I managed to do, was brace for impact. My left side felt numb as huge force threw me towards the opposite side of the cave.

First flight in my life ended with short slide along the ground. As soon as I gained control over my movement again, I ran. Where? No idea. Just away from that thing. How the hell did I not notice Ice golem while walking next to him? I blame weak light! The guild should give us something better... Then again, it's free.

Having useless thoughts during battle can be very dangerous. I learned that when goblin almost killed me and reinforced that thought when adventurer did the very same thing soon after. It seems that lack of concentration during fleeing in a dimly lit cave is equally dangerous.

Running was replaced with flight once again. This time not from impact, but from lack of one. I took a step and it never connected. While sailing trough air, I got my legs to point down and waited for impact. It came after much longer than was desired. At the first instant, it felt like landing on the steel floor, but that feeling quickly disappeared as my body sunk underwater.

My inability to swim fortunately didn't prove fatal this time. Unlike normal humans, I can be calm under stressful circumstances. I kept my lungs full after landing and getting back to the surface was simply question of waiting to float up. My body started to ask for air at some point, but ignoring whatever my body says is something I do all the time nowadays. So instead of panicking, I started to check the damage done by a hit of Ice golem.

Left arm seems broken, two ribs are moving in a way they shouldn't and a large area of my skin feels like it burns when touched. Few weeks of healing if there isn't any serious internal injury. Maybe few months if I will be forced to move around too much. Well, healing can be done after I survive finding my way out of here. I have no idea where I ran and I doubt I will be able to climb back up from here. Especially with one hand.

After emerging from whatever body of water I landed in, I started making my way to shore. It was slow, as any bigger movement sank me under the surface, but eventually, I was met with a feeling of the firm ground again.

Trough entire ordeal, I kept a firm grip on magic tool providing me with light. Dropping it would be practically death sentence down here. Activating it again, what greeted me was the sight of a huge cavern.

The ceiling was nowhere to be seen, only a few big stalactites were faintly visible here and there. The body of water I landed in covered most of the floor space here, the rest of floor, except few spots like the one I'm resting on, is covered with stalagmites.

A quick survey of my body reveals that no blood is leaking anywhere. Legs are hurting, but no broken bones. Clothes, while wet, are actually not that cold. The water here must be heated by something. I'm not hungry nor thirsty yet, so those things too don't need to be addressed. With nothing else to do right now, lying down to rest seems to be the best option. With danger gone and no other threat around, my body feels exhausted. Sleepy even.

Before I let my body drag me to land of dreams, I quickly packed my only source of light into item box. Meeting with a monster would be probably more likely than the one with an adventurer at this place. I don't need to die in my sleep.

Light steps of naked feet woke me from my slumber. It didn't take a second to switch from tired to full alert. No adventurer would walk here barefoot.

Goblin. Single goblin walked towards the water. It was quite far from me, it shouldn't notice me in this darkness. My eyes quickly searched it for weapons and other things of interest. There was a small stone club hanging by a string from its waist, it carried some kind of wooden container in one hand and glowing stone in other. Rugged cloth it wore probably didn't conceal anything important.

Should I try to kill it? Let's face it, my body is not in good shape for a fight. If I didn't kill it in one strike, it would probably kill me instead. Why take risks when there is no need? It seems that this goblin came here for water. It should return sooner or later. With those thoughts, I went sleep again.

It took me a week to run out of food I took when some adventurers celebrated surviving battle on this mountain. With arm mostly healed and ribs not moving anymore, I prepared to follow goblin. It came every day. Well, I have no idea if it was every day, but every time, I was woken up by it, so it should be close. Today, I slept early. Being awake is important when following something. At least I think it is.

I never really explored this place and I was always woken up by goblin walking in here, so I never knew where it came from. Looking at light emerging from behind one of the bigger stones, it seems, that there is a path hidden behind it.

Goblin, as always, came, filled its primitive bucket with water and left right away. This time, with me on its tail. To avoid being spotted, I walked the line between barely lit and total darkness. It only took us few minutes to arrive at another big cavern.

This one was well lit several stones similar to the one goblin carried. The ground here was flat, obviously not work of nature, and there was several tents or tent-like structures all around the place. Did it lead me to its camp? Well, where else would it carry water?

Sneaking around, I could see that only a few tents had goblins inside. I just hope that other goblins died in recent battle and won't be comming back for dinner. If I count goblins in camp right now, it would be nine. Two of those seems to be hurt, ill or otherwise weakened. Survivors of battle maybe. There is also one kid. So it makes the number of goblins ready to fight six.

Can I fight six goblins at once? No. How to solve this? Easy. Wait until they fall asleep. Given, that goblin came for water only once a day, I hid in a tunnel leading to it and waited.

Observing goblins doing goblin things is quite boring. At first, they all ate together, then three of them left. Other three healthy goblins did all sorts of work around the camp while kid did nothing really useful. Two ill or injured ones got fed some herbs once in a while. Thinking about it, they probably didn't get hurt in that battle. Given that I can move after breaking my arm and ribs week ago, these would move or be dead by now.

When goblins that went away returned, they had a dead goat with them. Hunters most likely. I took note of who they were. They should be strongest of everyone here. Just what I need for my training. Preparing goat didn't take long, they didn't use fire, but some pit filled with glowing red stones. Fire crystals I guess? I heard they mine ice crystals around here, but it seems those aren't only ones they have access to. Actually? Stones illuminating cave here are all in different colors. Blue, red, white and brown. Ice, Fire, Wind and Ground. It would sit quite well.

After finishing eating goat, goblins went to sleep. All except one. Well, I can work with one. Just don't let it know I'm here and kill it without sound. Preparing spear, I started to walk closer to it. Goblins aren't that great as night watch. It just kept playing with some string until I was right behind it. First thing alerting it that something is wrong was spear sticking out of its chest.

Getting spear out actually proved to be a problem. It has hooks, so it would rip out pieces of goblin. Not the most silent thing in the world. It would not do if I made too much noise, so spear was abandoned for now.

Using dagger, I first ended the life of two goblins incapable of a fight. Then, child. Three stay at home goblins followed. Technically, I already had enough, but I wanted a bit of practice. Also, looting this place will be much safer with everyone dead.

Returning to the goblin that died first, I placed my leg on its back and pulled with all my strength. Spear was ripped out of it with an unpleasant sound. I really need to gain some muscle... That adventurer made it look too easy.

Last two goblins woke up. They were confused at first, but soon, they found me and attacked yelling something. Still sleepy and disoriented, their charge was probably the most pathetic thing I ever saw. And I saw my fighting.

One of them was armed with a small club, while other held knife. I have no idea what is a better weapon, but I didn't want to get another bone broken, so I used the shaft of my spear to strike goblin carrying a knife in the chest. Strike sent it tumbling back and separated both goblins.

Several quick steps back helped me keep distance while I maneuvered spear around to get it in striking position again. Second strike was blade first. Goblin tried to stop my blow, but his strength didn't allow it. It still moved with a spear sticking out of its stomach, but I didn't care, there is one more goblin to kill.

Leaving spear behind, I prepared dagger to kill the last one. It got on its feet before I managed to close distance. Confusion and sleepiness I could see before was gone. As soon as I approached, it lunged at me, knife first. "Let's try parrying!" I thought. Quite stupid, given that I didn't do it ever before. My lack of good judgment was rewarded with a long bloody gash on my right arm.

If I was even shocked, I didn't let it show. Given the stupidity of my move, it was not unexpected. I used my weight to ram goblin and drove my dagger into its neck in one fluid motion, pretending unsuccessful parry never happened.

Club-wielding goblin stopped moving before I got back to it. This fight could go much better. Especially because I fought goblins that just woke up. Also retrieving my spear from whatever is stabbed won't be possible for now. I should get myself spear with a narrow straight blade. Or gain some muscle to rip it out. That would work too.

While analyzing fight I just had, I collected everything that seemed even remotely useful. Glowing crystals had some sort of rune written on them. When erased, they dimmed significantly. There were some herbs too, but I have no idea what they do. Better not eat them before finding out. Some of the tents were dismantled to gather leather they were made of and I picked wooden bucket too. One never know when it's needed.

At first, I thought about collecting child-goblin for food, but I later found some dried fruit and roots. Much better than child-goblin. At least I guess, I never actually ate one.

After finishing looting of the camp, I remembered to treat wound given to me by the last goblin and then departed to find the exit. It was very long and uneventful journey, but eventually, I reached my destination. When I saw light other than one produced by crystal in my hands, I wanted to cry.

Mining stone was done in safety of main entrance. Passing adventurers shook heads as they looked at crying person mining rock.

Shining Ice crystal: 1
    Ice crystals: 14 -5
    Wind crystals: 11 -5
    Fire crystals: 7 -3
    Earth crystals: 4 -3
    Stone: 50 -50
    Proof of kill: Goblin: 5 -5
    Stone mace: 2
    Iron knife
    Unidentified herbs
    Leather of worst quality: A lot
    Dried fruit/roots
    Goblin-child corpse (Maybe it actually tastes good?)

OOC: Can I ask what should I do to not make it this boring?
    Also, I know its rushed, but I have exams tommorow... If I dont finish now, I wont ever.

Silver Snake and AliceShiki like this.
  16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Gallant Mine - #SE1 - E-Ranked – Slay 5 Snow Goblin [ 80G ]
    Gallant Mine - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Mine 5 Ice Crystal [ 80G | 1 x Refined Ice Crystal ]
    Gallant Mine - #GE2 - E-Ranked – Mine 5 Wind Crystal [ 80G | 1 x Refined Wind Crystal]
    Gallant Mine - #GD2 - D-Ranked – Mine 3 Fire Crystals [ 100G | 1 x Refined Fire Crystal ]
    Gallant Mine - #GD3 - D-Ranked – Mine 3 Earth Crystals [ 100G | 1 x Refined Earth Crystal ]
    Gallant Mine - #GD6 - D-Ranked – Mine 50 Stone [ 60G | 10 x Stone Slab ]
    =====================================
    Welcome back Platys-kun!

That was dangerous, please be more careful while on the caverns, okay? You were really lucky this time.

Your reward will be of 500G and the listed items!

Take care now!

((It wasn't boring for me though? Didn't even seen that rushed tbh... I think it's good.))

17. AmIaCat

AmIaCat [ Shem's Kouhai ] [ AmIaCat ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#GE1|E-Ranked|Gather 10 Moonlight Flower & 10 Healing Plants [50G | 1 x Rejuvenation Potion]
    I'm back.
    -Morning-
    "( I need to ask Sen where I can get this things. )" I go back to the Inn and asked Sen. She said that it should be commonly found in the moonlight lake and you'll know it once it turned evening, I asked for the direction and Immediately went there.
    -Noon-
    After travelling for sometime I arrived near the lake in the afternoon. I sit under the shade of the trees and took out hunter fangs and a string from my Inv. "( I'll turn this into necklaces. )" After some grinding and tying here and there. I successfully made it into two necklaces. "( There.... I'll give it to Kynn and Sen. So, next is finding some healing plants, it should be easy. )" After searching for sometime I found 12 healing plants (Herb).
    -Evening-
    "It's getting dark. I need to get back soon." I go back to the lake and saw some plants glowing.
    "( Glowing? Wth? I guess this should be it. Sen said it will be really easy to find it once it's evening.)" Took 10 of the flowers and go back to guild.
    x2 Hunter Fang Necklace
    x2 Healing plant (herb)
    @brasca123

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    Silver Snake likes this.
  18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#GE1|E-Ranked|Gather 10 Moonlight Flower & 10 Healing Plants [50G | 1 x Rejuvenation Potion]
    =================================
    Welcome back Yoru-kun!

Good thing you had no problem doing that, keep up the good job!

Your reward will be of 50G and 1 Rejuvenation Potion.

Take care now! ^^)/

((Please don't put the report in bold, it's a bit hard to read))

19. AmIaCat

AmIaCat [ Shem's Kouhai ] [ AmIaCat ]

Reading List:
    Link
    (( I don't know how to turn it back. I was so, irritated earlier. ))

20. Choloy

Choloy 〔Shem's Kouhai〕〔The Hus-Wife〕

Reading List:
    Link
    Hikari-saaan!!! I'm back!

After submitting my request, and having it approved by Hikari-san (the cute) receptionist of the guild, I make haste to the Great Plains (after I checked the map at the guild, you cannot go anywhere if you don't know where it is).

According to the map the Great Plains are to the north. So, I went down using the Teleportation Gates. I requested that I would be teleported directly underneath the floating guild, I would like to enjoy my first quest. Good thing that there is another gate here for easy access. I took a look around, seeing a vast plain and a river.

'Just like the map,' I thought. 'Accurate, and the one who made this has very good naming sense.'

I decided to go north, since I heard that the slimes are much further from the guild. I took my time walking as I have a weak constitution.

As I walked farther and farther from the guild and deeper into the plains, the grass surely and slowly grew higher and higher. I stopped and took a look back. I can still clearly see the guild from afar.

'Good thing I wouldn't get lost easily,' I thought and sighed. 'That's one thing off my shoulders.'

I resumed my journey, and the grass slowly crept up and stopped just below my knees.

I casted 'Detection Magic' to scan nearby monsters. The radius just stopped 100 meters away from me. Thanks to this, I spotted and evaded potential monsters not of my quest and those stronger than me.

'Thanks old man,' I whispered to my self, remembering all those lectures and trainings to help me increase the radius of the 'Detection Magic'. 'Really, thank you.'

I wiped the tears emerging from my eyes.

'Welp, let's go back to finding those slimes,' I whispered.

At the edge of my 'Detection Magic', I saw a single slime. Weird, slimes usually goes in groups. I carefully went to the slime, avoiding those stronger than me.

Upon reaching it, the slime noticing my prescence gave it's attention to me. I can't 'see' the expression, since the slime is just really a ball of goo wiggling and jiggling there with a small sphere inside. But, I can feel it's gaze and attention.

Before jumping on me, I instantly casted 'Mana Arrows'. I took care to waste it's health while leaving the core intact, which I decided after hearing Hikari-san saying it could be proof (other than the slime) and realizing it could be a challenge for me.

Eventually, I killed the slime and did the same to the surrounding slimes I found, not forgetting to bring the cores and slime. It's a bit tiring physically but there is not much burden for my large mana pool.

On my way back, following the beacon known as the Floating Guild. I maintained my 'Detection Magic', since I've found out that it could be a good practice for me to expand its reaches.

"Oh, cool a Unicorn!" I exclaimed. "But, something is wrong."

I quickly ran to the Unicorn using my wind magic 'Haste' which boosts the movement speed of the target. As I neared the Unicorn, it weakly rose its head. Softly neighing at my direction, collapsing after.

The Unicorn's soft white fur is bloodied, with its horn chipped and wings broken. After searching the vicinity, it seems that there are no people or monsters nearby.

'Poor little thing,' I said to myself. 'It is left to just die and rot by itself.'

Remembering the notes left behind by my old man. Pure and raw mana will do it good and possibly save it. So I gathered the nearby mana and channeled it into the Unicorn with my own mana.

Underestimating the needs and capacity needed by the unicorn, I felt weaker and weaker, my vision slowly dimming. But I can see the Unicorn healing gradually bit by bit. I resolved my will and forcefully completed the procedure and finished the procedure, collapsing after a few moments.

After a while, I woke up from my exhaustion. I can see the sky above and I can feel I am leaning on something soft. I slowly sat back up and I can see a Unicorn sleeping by my side.

When I sat up, the Unicorn also woke up. I can see its crystal clear eyes gazing back at me.

'Hello, young human,' a soothing male voice echoed in my mind. And I realized it was from the Unicorn.
    "Uhm," not knowing to respond I said. "E-eto~ Hello. I am Ian."
    'Thank you, dear child,' he said. 'I am Julius.'

Suddenly, the air rose up from where we sat and a magic circle spread out from underneath us. Glowing with an otherwordly bright light.

'A familiar pact,' I realized and I gasped. 'And a voluntary one too.'

I heard a voice around me, but I can't hear it clearly. Soon I noticed the pact was done and I can feel another prescence in my mind.

'Hello?' I tried to reach out to that other entity.
    'Yes?' I heard a familiar voice. (Nu-uh no puns intended.)
    'Ah,' I said. 'Nevermind.'

I realized that it was Julius all along.

"Let's go," I said pointing to the Floating Guild. "Let's go back to the guild there."

Julius then agreed and let me ride on his back.

In the air, I can feel the wind whipping past my face. Relishing in the joy of being in the air. Reaching the guild HQ, we swiftly landed near the front of the guild.

I got down from his back and gave him a hearty dose of my mana. He cuddled his face against mine in a show of happiness. I patted his head and went inside the guild and saw Hikari-san the (cute) receptionist in the desk shifting through the papers.
    20 x Slime Cores
    20 x Vials of Slime
    Familiar Obtained: Julius the Unicorn

How do I put Julius my familiar in my guild card?

@brasca123

AmIaCat and Silver Snake like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.