Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SE1|E-Ranked|Slay 20 Slimes [50 G]
    =======================
    Welcome back Ian-kun!

Nice seeing you had no problem with the slimes! And good idea to keep the detectiom magic up to avoid ambushes!

A winged unicorn though? That's the first I've seen, quite nice that you were able to help him! Keep up the good job!

Your reward will be of 50G!

Take care now! Good luck on future quests!

((Well, that's up to you, you could create a spoiler named "familiars" or something and put his information in for example, I have one for my pets.))

2. Choloy

Choloy 〔Shem's Kouhai〕〔The Hus-Wife〕

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you Hikari-san!

OOC: Sure, I will.

AmIaCat likes this.
  3. seriouslynope

seriouslynope [Armoured Madman][Ninja Hobo of War]

Reading List:
    Link
    [OOC] Finally!...might have errors, will edit tomorrow since I badly need sleep.

Gallant Mine - #SC1 - C-Ranked - Slay 3 Ice Golems [ 150 G ]
    Gallant Mine - #GD1 - D-Ranked – Mine 5 Mithril Ore [ 60G | 1 x Mithril Ingot]
    Gallant Mine - #GD2 - D-Ranked – Mine 3 Fire Crystals [ 100G | 1 x Refined Fire Crystal ]
    Delta Town - #GC1 - C-Ranked - Trap 3 Giant Crabs [ 140G | 1 x Crab Meat ]
    Desert Mine - #GC1 - C-Ranked - Mine 5 Orichalcum Ore [ 200G | 1 x Orichalcum Ingot ]
    North Mountain - #SC2 - C-Ranked - Slay 5 Feral Yeti [ 200 G ]

Solo

@brasca123

I’ve been spending a lot of time using the Aeternus’ smithy in order to polish up my metal working skills, building a new replacement for my armour that broke down during the battle against Morian was requires me to touch up on skills I haven’t really made good use of ever since I left my home. Sitting there with two baskets filled with metal rings, one solid and the other was interrupted rings with a mostly done mail shirt worn over a gambeson by a wooden stand-in I’ve sculpted to simulate my torso. Doing it on patches of triangles to make things less tedious than it already is, considering that what I’m doing is double riveted combined with solid rings, the tedium I’m dealing with is understandably mind boggling. Double rivets do make the links more sturdy compared to the single riveted ones which is an advantage I’m willing to work hard to gain; the solid rings would be brazed with something more than brass as well to make it sturdier. There's no consideration for half measures with tools you entrust your life to.

Wires were pulled through small holes in the sizing blocks to ensure uniformity in thickness; I sat on a wooden plank that was suspended by ropes to swing myself back and forth providing momentum for pulling the wire through the holes in order to conserve energy since there was a great bit of length that was needed to be processed. A hand cranked device was used to wound the wire up into coils with a specific amount of diameter, careful application of a wire cutter was done along each coil’s length to separate them into rings, next step was to further shrink it down by the millimeter using a small anvil that is usually reserved for gold or bronze working and a small wooden mallet so that the two end of the rings would overlap. These rings were set on wires before putting them in the forge until they glow into a dull red before being hanged to cool slowly; this process is called annealing which was done to relieve the stress on the material dealt by the initial process. Once the rings cooled down a cylindrical metal container with an iron peg that neatly fits securely into a regular anvil’s pritchet and hardie hole was used to flatten out the rings; the container can fit around twenty rings without them going on top of each other, a solid metal cylinder that fits exactly into the container is the final component for the makeshift piston. Three hammer blows for each set of twenty flattens the metal rings enough for it to have a uniform thickness and further reducing the inside diameter, this allows the rings to sit as flat as possible and increase coverage without compromising their structure once they are interlinked. The rings were annealed again after they were flattened.

The rings produced were divided into two equal numbers; one set was heated and had the parts where its ends overlap punched twice which will serve as the rivet holes, the other was brazed into a solid ring with the use of a mixture of mithril and copper. Last thing that was done before the actual production of the mail shirt was to produce enough small bars of that copper and mithril mixture that will go through the rivet holes of the non-solid rings, hundreds of hours of work has led to two buckets filled with these metal rings. If I include the man-hours I poured though the production of the metal for it as well then that would push that hundreds close to a thousand hours of work and there's at least a couple of hundred hours still in store, the metal was not bog standard iron or steel as well. It was my take on the boss’ steel alloy, crucible steel that was laced with mithril.

Saying that the smelting process for that metal is arduous is a huge understatement, if I was forced to use manual bellows then the smelting process would’ve been torture. The fire crystals were used as supplement to the coal that heated up the furnace, inside is the crucible that contains cast iron mixed with pure iron and mithril ore with a bit of coal to infuse it with carbon and glass for the slag to have something to bind into as it surfaces and solidify in order to easily remove it from the mixture. They weren’t crammed in the crucible just randomly, at the bottom of the crucible which is the first part to get in temperature is the mithril ore surrounded by fire crystals in order to encourage it to get to melting point first, the coal mixed with cast iron and pure iron is above it and on top is the glass that slag will bind into. Two furnaces was set aside as well for a simple (not really) high carbon crucible steel puck that will be used for other projects that shouldn’t have the need for the steel/mithril alloy.

This was the setup for the furnaces that produced the billets I’ll need for the new armour and another project I’m working on, built with bricks and clay at the bottom and a simple dry stack at the top to close it whenever there’s no need to feed it with coal. It took more than twenty-four hours for all of them, periodically feeding the furnaces with coal to ensure that they stay in proper temperature without any sleep. Once enough time has passed the crucibles were extracted and cracked open, six pucks of white hot steel emerged from their vessels and was set on top of a stone bench to cool down. Examining each of them once they’ve cooled down to ensure that they are of acceptable quality, before this it took three tries, carefully adjusting the amount of coal, iron and mithril before I was able to make the steel that will be of enough quality for my needs. Once all of the steel pucks have cooled down and examined, they were put under the hammer. Carefully heating them into a specific temperature that makes the material more malleable, the alloy of steel and mithril were made into thinner slabs. Four of them were rolled and flattened into sheets as they will be the ones that will be used for the armour, one was stretched and drawn into wires and particular this one was the source of these baskets containing thousands of rings that makes up this mail shirt I’m working on.

Skillful application of expansion and contraction rings was done to ensure proper tailoring so that the sleeves and the shoulders have a slight bend and room for the motion of the joints and were not simply tapered tubes as well as a proper fit on the abdominal area. The mail and the undergarments plays a larger role in someone’s mobility when wearing armour, an untailored elbow tends to bunch up and bind which impedes flexion of the elbows and other joints making the aketon and the mail underneath limits the mobility even more so than the hardened steel plate in most cases, which is why proper foundational garments and properly tailored and fitted mail is paramount when building a suit of armour or someone. Proper fitting also increases comfort which is something that anyone would want in a suit of protective steel, you do not want to be fighting your equipment when someone or something is already trying to kill you. Once the sleeves were attached the whole mail shirt undergoes final the heat treatment before attaching a few brass rings on key areas that serves as the maker’s mark after cooling it down.

Though I’ve tested the fit of the individual sections of mail shirt before joining them up together, there’s a need to test the fit of the whole assembly. The chain shirt was worn and I moved and twisted to test how it fits, moving with the sword to test if the limitations that the elbow bends are within the acceptable margin and to ensure that it doesn’t bunch up and cause pinching. With a piece of my new armour done I set it aside and ready myself to leave the workshop, I still need to earn my keep as a member of the guild and a trip to complete a few contracts will serve to break the monotony of working steel.
    Solid beams of wood standing around three meters were driven deep into the sandy beaches along the outskirts of Delta Town on a straight line and at exactly six meters from each other; the four of them would serve as the frame for the trap I’m building for the Giant crab contract, they have notches cut on top of them that fit another set of beams that will serve as the top frame which I put in using a ladder I pulled out of my item box, last bit is to reinforce the frame with additional beams laid diagonally and secured to the frame. Baskets filled with boulders I found on the beach will serve as weights and was setup in a smaller frame in front of the main trap assembly. Now that the carpentry is done all that’s left is to set up the trap itself.

Three ropes of considerable length were affixed to the weights and was pulled above ground using the smaller frame, three stakes were set on the bottom of the trigger and weight assembly with notches that interfaced with the trigger stick. Those trigger sticks were connected to bits of rope which bits of a pig’s carcass that will serve as bait is tied to, the baskets filled with stones that serves as weights and the snares that will be affixed to the frames.

Once all three of the traps were completely set up I build up a fire not too far away and started cooking up a meal since it’s already time for lunch, waiting for a giant crab to be caught as I roast a rabbit stuffed with a couple of wild herbs that I had foraged around the Great Plains, boiling up water was done as well in order to brew tea out of pine needles from there as well. I was just about finished frying the Dryad’s saddle mushroom I have in goose fat when the first basket of rocks slammed into the ground signifying that one of the traps were triggered, I set aside lunch for a bit to check if there’s a catch.

Hanging on a frame is a meter tall crab flopping about as it hangs helplessly on the snare, I take out another bit of rope and started tying up its legs together and its pincers shut before taking it down from being suspended in mid-air. Dragging it back to camp after resetting the snare trap, I got back into eating my lunch after making sure that the giant crab will be going nowhere with its limbs tied to its back and pincers closed shut. I was tidying up when the trap was triggered once again, using one of the channels that connect the river to the sea in order to wash pans and my eating tools. The two of them were put on a cart that I borrowed from the town as I wait for the third one, I then decided to take advantage of the tides and dig for lugworms in the sand by finding their casts and a depression in the sand not far from it though most of the times just the worm’s cast is sufficient enough. Once you’ve identified the burrow judicious application of the shovel is required, just the depth of what shovel’s head can reach is enough and skimming through the lumps of sand I dug out to find the whole worm before finally throwing them in a bucket. They were tied along the length of a fishing line that was secured by stakes to the sandy beach, if I’m lucky then I’ll have a couple of bite by the time the tide sets in at nightfall.

The snare traps managed to catch three more giant crabs by the time I finished setting up the fishing line, once secured in the cart I started making camp after dismantling the structure that the trap was built into. Night was setting in and I have some daylight to spare to cook my dinner, I have a crab or two that can be cooked since the contract was only asking for three.

The night was spent going over the specifics of the harness I’m building, a parchment that has sketches of the possible designs I’m considering was reviewed. Already the project is taking shape, some design considerations are already set in stone while most of them are serious possibilities. What I’m going for is armour that can be configurable for situations that I needed to be less armoured and more mobile and discrete or for when I need to slug it out against the enemies.

Going back to the mine in the desert was done after I finished handing over the three giant crabs I caught and making sure that I’m properly supplied, it was still early when I left Delta Town and there’s ample time before it gets hellish hot. Riding on the back of a camel was a bit of a new experience, they are not as fast as a horse but they have the endurance to travel the desert to make up for it. Taking the trade route that I help in making more secure makes for a more pleasant journey, there are a couple of outpost where I can take and chatting up with former associates were a pleasant change. Everyone that I can call associates back in the Holy Empire are either dead by my own hands or otherwise, wants the bounty on my head or wants nothing to do with me out of fear of authorities, not that I can blame them and definitely not that it’s undeserved.

“Best two out of three. I bet five silver coins that Sir Harald here will knock your ass down in…oh, the first two rounds. It’ll be a clean sweep with no need for a third one.” Said one of the patrolmen garrisoned in the outpost I’m currently resting at.

“…thanks for the vote of confidence asshole, you don’t even have that enough money.” Said the younger one as he readies his wooden practice sword, a dhal was held on his left hand.

“Heh, you’re the one who wants to test yourself against the guy who mercilessly beat us into shape right? ‘I bet he’s not even that good, I can take him one on one’, I recall you said so time to man up.” Added the bearded fellow, something that earns the cheers and teasing provocations by the other guardsmen aimed at their younger colleague.

“Don't call me sir, I’m not your commander. I’m a mercenary, not a soldier affiliated to a nation or anything like that. You do know I won’t stand to you lowering your standard in this outfit, right? If the best of your new recruits doesn’t live up to expectations then you know the drill, ‘The Gauntlet’ will commence for all who aren’t on patrol and guard duty.” Says I while moving a wooden longsword with practice swings to get the feel of the weapon’s movement, a collective groan permeating through the whole encampment as I reminded them of the motivational exercise that I had them do whenever one of them mess up in practicing formations and maneuvers.

“Ah, shit! We’re fucked…”

“Yeah…this will suck…”

“…maybe he’ll land a lucky hit on him?”

“Doubt it. We’ll be all sore and bruised by the end of it…”

“Is the boss really that good?”

“He killed three fucking sandworms unarmed, so yeah he’s that good!”

The chatter dies as soon as both I and the trainee took our stances. His buckler abreast and his sword raised, me with my hilt on my left hip with its blunted point trained at the young man’s throat. Rushing forward, the trainee extended his shield hand as he aims to cut my upper right opening.

…Okay, that’s interesting.

Stepping back I let the blade pass harmlessly, the newbie carried the momentum of that missed attack to power another strike now aimed at my upper left opening, I cut into his attack with a crooked strike to deflect it before responding with another cut aimed at his head, he deflected it with the buckler before cutting at the same opening again which I intercepted by widening the distance between us a bit as I retract and raised my sword to intercept his attack. Our blades clashed, his weak against the strong of my sword with its point threatening to shoot forward to a thrust to the face, realizing this he steps back frantically as he push my blade aside to his left barely avoiding the point as I lunge. His eyes widened in shock at the realization that the pressure I’m applying to his sword disappeared in that split second, the stinging pain on the trainee’s right flank signaled the end of the exchange that ended up in my favor.

“That left a lot to be desired.” I stated frankly. This one’s still too green and reckless, opening with a cut against an enemy standing in a guard that has its blade pointed forward and ready for a thrust was not a good idea. Cuts travel in an arc while thrusts do so in a straight line and a blade traveling in a straight line will reach its mark faster than one that’s going in an arc, I could’ve lunged forward with a thrust to the chest and win the first round instantly but since I wanted to see what the kid is capable of I relented and retreat instead since ending the round then and there would’ve been boring. He also seems to be used to less aggressive opponents and easily loses composure when he’s the one being pushed, being forced in a bind and ending in a disadvantageous position made him panic and made his footwork suffer which in turn disrupts his balance, a more experienced fighter would’ve held his ground even if it ended up in a grapple or retreat out of measure while properly defending himself and without sacrificing his form.

Rookie now had his sword pointed forward this time. He seems to have decided to play it safer this time, that or the realization that his guts would’ve been spilled had we been fighting with sharp steel made his blood run cold. Regardless, that left a mark. I’d seen a lot of overly eager rookies die in my time, it’s always better to have them learn of the result of recklessness in an environment where they can afford to walk away relatively unharmed. While being reckless is not recommended, being too tentative and timid is not any better. I met his sword in the middle with the long point and started putting pressure to test his, he was trying to push my point aside in which I answer with disengages by going under his blade to the other side and putting pressure on his blade from there with as little movement as possible, a clear advantage of a longer lever. Pushing forward with every disengage pressures the recruit even further, when he failed to keep up with my probing I pushed forward with a thrust aimed at his face just like earlier and just like that time he pushed my blade aside and the force was used to bounce for an attack on the other side aimed at the extended sword hand which would’ve been hit if his buckler wasn’t there or if he misjudged the distance. I let him separate and gain a bit of a breathing room.

Standing with my sword shouldered and chambered for a strike, I decided to end the bout by teaching him about the violence wrought about by aggressively decisive actions that were done with careful deliberation and skill. “Audacity is a virtue of the sword’s art”, though only if tempered with skillful judgment and knowledge of the other virtues.

Coiled like a spring I shoot forward like an arrow loosed from a bow, sword arcing forward aiming to strike the upper left opening specifically the neck. A wrathful blow that would cleave through his chest if what I’m holding is live steel, he raised both sword and buckler to defend against the heavy blow that never came. A ruse, all I did was a half step with my right leg which cut my step short but allows me spring forth to the left. The sword circled towards the other side of his neck horizontally aiming to decapitate, his defenses follows but the blow that again failed to arrive at its expected destination. I dropped low as he reorient to defend his neck and landed a blow to his right leg as that he left trailing in his panicked retreat, still not giving up the trainee tries to retaliate with a blow of his own in an attempt to at least score a mutual kill. I denied that attempt with my sword that is already covering the opening he was aiming for and used the force of his parried blow for a thwarting cut aimed to the head which brings the match into its decisive end.

“Few things before we start The Gauntlet.” I stated as the men of the outpost started rising from their seats to start the harrowing exercise. There’s no point in a beatdown if one doesn’t learn from it and discussing the outcome and what could’ve been and should be done in a training environment is indispensable.

“Learn to stand your ground without panicking, you would’ve had a better chance if you didn’t panicked as you would’ve had a better chance of seeing the second feint. Had you seen that then you would’ve had the presence of mind to use a hanging parry that had the better chance of protecting your leg.” I explained what might’ve been done to counter the fight ending technique I did, though I did omit the psychological aspect such as using the first round to instill doubt and make standing one’s ground easier said than done. You don’t spill the secrets of the trade just that easily anyway. I then explained the assessment of the first round before we marched off into the desert for the exercise.

Reusing the old campsite I made the last time I went into the desert mines was a simple affair, a little bit of cleaning and setting back up the fire pit. Separating from the patrol group after reaching the mines a couple of days after spending time in the outpost, this day will be spent resting up since I’ll be needing a lot of stamina for toiling in the mines.

Delving deep into the mines before sunrise with an oil lamp and a sword at hand I made the journey down. That journey was quite uneventful, just me, the darkness and the lamp light interrupted by sporadic encounters with large beetles and ants that was dealt with using the fine point of my longsword, slipping them into the gaps in its carapace was good practice and the limbs were light enough to be cut easily with one handed strikes. The first ore vein was found twenty minutes into this venture, I worked on it for at least an hour without much success in finding what I’m looking for. It was not a complete waste of time though since it did yield quite a lot of iron ores that can be smelted for the armour I’m building, after a short break I venture forth into the deeper part of the mines in search for an orichalcum ore vein.

Just a gambeson and a shirt of mail is enough for most threat I’ll be facing, avoiding fights are a priority since I don’t want to tire myself out doing things that has nothing to do with mining. The second ore vein is where I had to fight a few giant lizards that were hiding from the desert heat in front of the actual quarry; thrusts were used to finish them after softening them up with cuts, three fell to my sword and two ran after being wounded enough. There were three orichalcum ores were extracted from that cluster along with a bunch of iron ores; I will need to find two more of these in order to fulfill the contract which means I need t go deeper, maybe after I eat and replenish my stamina first.

Another ore vein which came up void of what I need, just four pieces of mithril ore and more iron than what I know what to do with. Further along the mineshaft I found another one which yielded five orichalcum ores. By my estimate it would be nightfall by the time I get back to the surface, I’ll head for town early next day and to get back to Aeternus. I’ll be doing a bit of work to further my armour before I make my way to the northern mountain in order to finish the quest lineup I have this time, though I’ll need to head to the Gallant mine first to continue my mining expedition before I take on some feral yetis that are messing about in the area.
    I’m still nowhere near completing the suit of armour. All that was done in my short stay in Aeternus before this was to make the ingots into billets by heating and hammering them into the initial shape, those billets were reheated and fed into the rolling mill which further stretch them, then again with different sets of rolling dies to turn them into sheets of steel before finally setting them aside to be annealed and relieve the stress that surely have accumulated during the processes that shaped them into their current form. No matter how good the quality of the steel is, improper handling and processing can and will destroy it if stress from the steel wasn’t relieved; the material will warp eventually as I go along the process of making it into armour usually during heat treat which will be a colossal waste of time, effort and resources.

Heading east from the Frontier Village I begin the journey to another mine, walking along the Gallant Pass was quite a peaceful affair if one disregards a couple of wolf packs, bears, and sometimes both at the same time that harassed me along the way. I camped a bit of ways away from the entrance of the mine and spend the night resting from long day of walking.

Fire crystals were easy enough to find. The first few ore veins I encountered gave a good yield, twelve large chunks of the thing that will replenish his stocks after using a good bit of them in order to get the forge into temperatures that can make mithril laced steel more pliable to hammering. Mithril is now what I seek and looking for the thing can be quite difficult so after tidying up at the end of a quick break and meal I started to look for quarries that might contain the ores that I need before hunting for the kill targets in the region. Several ore veins came up empty of what I need, nothing but iron, copper, ice crystals and more fire crystals came out which is fine but I already have those things in abundance. By my estimates it would be about sundown so I rest for the night and plan to continue deeper into the mines, firmly believing that the deeper, the better when it comes to rummaging holes dug into the earth.

Well, this is convenient. Avoiding a gargantuan fist of solid ice I dive for cover before sheathing my sword that is useless against such opponent, taking out the hard hitter from the item box I faced three Ice Golem with my poleaxe in hand. Another wild swing was released which I thwarted with a powerful swing of my own which forces the enemy’s attack to deviate, the hammer face gouging lumps and producing cracks on the once steel hardened fist. Deftly switching which side will be brought to bear against the aggressor I flicked the switch on the shaft of my weapon which ignites the axe blade and produced intense heat, the ice giant in front lifted its other arm which changed its shape into a sharp and jagged spike. I mimic the golem by raising my own weapon with its white hot blade chasing away the shadows inside the frozen bowels of the earth. The frozen giant made its move first with a thrusting punch, I’m still faster. I hew down his attack once it’s within my reach, the blade that was wreathed in flames occupies the center line first which prevents the golem’s attack from connecting as well as destroying the construct’s remaining arm and posture. I push in and connect with the hammer face to both its legs before finishing up with an axe blow to the knees, the ice giant crumbles with its legs gone. I used the severed arm spike of the fallen one as a projectile by hitting it with the hammer face of my weapon which sends it smashing against the leg of the second golem, its other leg soon followed as I send pieces of the other one's leg as missiles. The third one received a great hammer blow that obliterated almost half of its torso which separates its core to the rest of it. I end the fight by extracting their core. Once sure that there are no other enemies nearby I continued the journey down the mineshaft, some wolves and rabid goblins were dealt with along the way but I eventually reached an ore vein and started to hack away with a pickaxe. Seems like I’m lucky this time, six ore were extracted from the quarry which means I’m done with this hole.

A semi-permanent camp was finished after a couple of days after I exited Gallant mine, it was situated between the mine and the Northern Mountain and would serve as the base of operations for missions in this region. The camp was made to be concealed between the rocks that overlook the road going north aside from being made sturdier, more heat reflectors and wind barriers were erected to combat the coldness of the region. Once the camp was done I started my hunt for the feral yeti, this particular one was has been harassing the traders travelling to and from the Oakenlake Kingdom. They describe it as bigger than the usual and sport an array of scars that it got from fighting with its kind and with caravan guards. This particular yeti was also reported to have been killed a couple of times only to show up again and wreak havoc, a basic pain in the ass to put it simply.

Finding tracks of some hairy pain in the ass is simple enough, whether if it’s the specific hairy pain in the ass that I’m looking for is another matter. Couple of tracks ended up with yetis that were not the one I’m looking. Found three of them but still these ones were harvested using my bow for meat, bones, fur and other useful stuff, the other tracks lead to dead ones that seemed to have violently encountered the one I’m targeting. Another track, this one has larger footprints than the normal which is a good sign. That track overlaps with another yeti spoor after a kilometer of following it; the sound of feral screaming and fighting follows soon after. I finally caught up to my mark.

Peeking from behind the bushes I saw a balding and scarred creature standing a head taller than the usual yeti, what remains of its fur stained with blood as it hefts a boulder on top of its head which it sends crashing down the face of another smaller yeti that was lying broken beneath it. A sickening crunch and a blood-curdling roar followsas if announcing the victor. Moving backward towards a tree, I strung my bow and ready the arrows on my belt quiver for the shot. The target still busy celebrating its victory by thumping its chest while bellowing a massive roar, shortly after it started feasting on its victim oblivious to my movements hidden in the tree line. The crouching beast gorged into the meat of the other yeti which is why I was aiming for the lower end of its back, I released the arrow tipped with a nasty broadhead which embedded itself in its pelvis. It staggered as the powerful shot hit its marked, it tries to turn and face where the shot came from but was welcomed by another arrow to the face. I was about to follow up with another shot when a boulder was thrown at me, using the tree as cover that boulder ended up embedded on it. Another follow up shot aimed center of its torso, I ducked again at another tree to evade another thrown rock. Hearing the approach of the wounded beast I unbuckled the quiver on my belt and stow away my bow replacing it with a longsword and my sheathed greatsword. Using the archer’s stance I threw the longsword point first which struck the approaching beast on its gut and followed up with sending the greatsword’s scabbard crashing against its face to break its charge. My turn.

Rushing in while the yeti was still dazed I closed the distance, the enemy still reeling from the sudden barrage of attacks I use a springing step to get the beast in range and to power the incoming strike of my sword while performing a moulinet to get the sword moving. Once the sword reaches full momentum the blade was brought down on the creature’s left leg. The sword cuts through its thigh cleanly but it didn’t stop moving, carrying that momentum I strike to the left arm which cleaves it from the elbow down. In a last act of defiance the yeti tries to strike with its remaining arm, I parried that blow and use its force to reverse the direction of my sword swing and aimed for the exposed neck with a zwerchau which decapitates the tenacious monster.

The head of the beast was kept as proof of the kill before I came back to camp. I'll be spending the night there before going back to the guild for the collection of my reward, then we go back to hammering steel.

Additional stuff that was obtained.
    • 3 Ice Golem Core
    • 15 iron ores
    • 10 copper ore
    • 1 basket of fish
    • 9 fire crystals
    • 5 ice crystals
    • 5 mithril ore

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    Anna_AG likes this.
  4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Gallant Mine - #SC1 - C-Ranked - Slay 3 Ice Golems [ 150 G ]
    Gallant Mine - #GD1 - D-Ranked – Mine 5 Mithril Ore [ 60G | 1 x Mithril Ingot]
    Gallant Mine - #GD2 - D-Ranked – Mine 3 Fire Crystals [ 100G | 1 x Refined Fire Crystal ]
    Delta Town - #GC1 - C-Ranked - Trap 3 Giant Crabs [ 140G | 1 x Crab Meat ]
    Desert Mine - #GC1 - C-Ranked - Mine 5 Orichalcum Ore [ 200G | 1 x Orichalcum Ingot ]
    North Mountain - #SC2 - C-Ranked - Slay 5 Feral Yeti [ 200 G ]
    =====================================================
    Welcome back Rald-kun!

Somehow this felt more like a lesson on how to craft armors and train recruits than an actual report... Not that I have anything against it though, your writings are always pretty interesting.

Good job in not falling from the cliff this time! You taught that yeti a lesson!

Your reward will be of 850G and the listed stuff!

Take care now!

5. Choloy

Reading List:
    Link
    I am done now~

Great Plain|#GE1|E-Ranked|Gather 10 Moonlight Flower & 10 Healing Plants [50G | 1 x Rejuvenation Potion]
    Great Plain|#GE2|E-Ranked|Gather 3 Moonlight Water [50G | 1 x Bottled Purified Moonlight Water]
    Great Plain|#GD1|D-Ranked|Gather 5 Rainbow Slime Gel [120G | 1 x Rainbow Gel]
    Great Plain|#GD2|D-Ranked|Gather 10 Nectar [120 G | 1 x Butterfly Honey]
    Great Plain|#GD3|D-Ranked|Gather 5 Flower seeds [80 G | 1 x Butterfly Flower]

After getting the 'go signal' from the guild master, since Hikari-chan is not there, I immediately asked around the tavern regarding the quest.

Thankfully there was someone who answered. A few in fact. Blanc and the Guild Master Shadow.

Blanc answered first, while sipping her tea and eating cakes. I should make her a cake after this. The Guild Master, Shadow, then gave his inputs a while later since he is busy. I got dog ears and a tail in the tavern though. I was given an antidote by the Guild Master but this happened...

According to them, the quest mainly is situated near the moonlight lake and the other things I need are along the way.

So I mainly got containers and pots since that is all I need. I also went to the library to see the pictures and descriptions of the various materials I needed. Then, I went out in the afternoon since the daylight is convenient for finding seeds and nectar and at night I could distinguish Moonlight Flowers.

This time I didn't take Julius with me since flying is really not what is needed to find these materials and I like to take my time today as I will do some needed magical research.

While walking towards the Moonlight Lake I picked up 5 random flower seeds, they are just scattered all around. I knew they are flower seeds since they are lying near the flowers and the description matches those of in the library. And I harvested nectar for 10 flowers along the way. I used telekinesis to get the nectar from inside the flower, taking care not to destroy it.

After a while, I saw a Rainbow slime. It is just a clear slime with a few colors swirling inside of it, changing depending on the angle. I approached it and at first it was guarded against me. So I channeled pure mana into it and after some time it left gleefully, leaving a large amount of slime. I took enough needed for my quest.

I rested for a while and played around by manipulating mana and changing its form and element. After warming up(playing), I started on using my theory to create magic crystals, but I first erected a wide barrier around me and casted my detection magic.

I tried compressing it just as it is but it's hard since mana is not easily compressed. So after that I tried spinning the mana and made it somewhat into a ball and tried compressing it like that. Surprisingly, it worked according to my intentions but it is not much pure and concentrated and it took a long time. Suddenly, my mind lost control of it and it exploded. Luckily, I took heed of the warnings I read in a magic book and kept my experimentation away from me.

So I tried doing it again, but this time I succeeded. I created a clear small marble sized core with a few impurities. I put pressure on my fingers and it cracked. It is not as fragile as an egg but it is also not that hard. Due to it cracking, there was a surge of pure raw mana coming from the mana core. It is a bit wild. Good thing my hand is not really that affected.

I tried making a few others but I used gravity magic (it is not as powerful as Hikari-chan's though[at the same stage{, I do have a lot of magic spells but I have spread myself too thin and I have lower potential) to somehow speed it up and it worked. There was an decrease of time needed to make it. This time I cleared the impurities, at first it is hard but it gradually became easier.

I end up having a clear(element-less)mana crystal ball. It is so clear that you can see the other side. I did a large amount of experimentations to it, creating a new one after it breaks. The more and more I make one, the larger amount of mana I can accomodate and the less time it needs to create it.

I eventually managed to use different elements to create different crystals. I still can't merge two different kinds though.

I was so much into my research that I didn't know the passage of time. I suddenly realized it was late into the night. And so I sped to the lake using magic to make me faster. Nearning the lake I suddenly felt something from my detection magic. Around the lake are a lot of flowers (and they glow) but there are powerful monsters (that I don't know of) that are hidden. So I steer away from them, taking care to not be noticed.

I went to a patch of Moonlight Flowers and pick 10 up. It seems that the flowers are now thriving. And I also found a single type of plant around them. These are the Healing plants (as seen in the library), so I went to pick another 10 up. All that is left is some moonlight water.

I went to the banks of the lake. I suddenly felt a very powerful prescence hidden beneath the waters. It is just a feeling but it won't go away. So I hurriedly, and carefully got 3 scoops Moonlight Water. I sped back to where I came from with my heart still beating quickly.

I took a deep breath and went back to the guild with the moonlight as my guide.
    Notes: Skill acquired. Mana Crystal Creation.

@brasca123 or @shad12ow

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  6. elRouge

elRouge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gahhh im bacck---so tired~
    -------
    Great Plain|#SE2|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Goblins [50 G]
    Great Plain|#SE3|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Orcs [100 G]
    Great Plain|#SE4|E-Ranked|Slay 5 Boar Warriors. [70 G]
    Great Plain|#SE5|E-Ranked|Slay 15 Kobolds [80 G]
    Great Plain|#SE6|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Wandering Rabbits [80 G]

solo l @brasca123
    ---------
    “Guess it’s time to work”I took a path to a stable in Frontier Village to rent a horse.I need a horse to finish this task fast

“What your bussines young’un?”the old fellow called me when I entered the stable.he is the owner of Petal Flower,this stable.I get acquinted with him when I go to the guild to register yesterday

“Sup,can I rent a horse?a fast one is better”

“Fast one my ass!you don’t even have a gold on your pants didn’t ya!?”

“Come on we’re acquaintance spare me a bit can’t you old man.beside I’ll get your money real fast,today’s job is practically easy money”I began to plea

“Ya better taking this seriously and I ain’t old man you hear?my name Fritz”he said with his hoarse voice

“Got it”I took a horse and ride it outside the stable

After a whole hour I find a river.looks like a good spot and tied my horse to a tree and started to search slime,goblin, and wandering rabbits.It’s already late afternoon that I able to finish some of my quota’s.

CWHI—K

I heard high pitched voice not far from my position along with the sound metal clashing

[Blur]I activated my skill and ran toward the sound.i got suprised upon discover a few carriage,it’s look like they’re merchants that attacked by a group of Orcs,Boar warriors, and Kobolds.”perfect”After a moment of consideration I decide to help the merchant’s,and it’s look like the monster amount is enough to complete my quest.Besides there maybe an extra tip.

“Hmm they’re pretty good”I took a glance to the mercenaries that defending the carriage as I attack the monster leader.The monster pretty much surprised by my sudden attack,but I didn’t stop at one and continue my death dance.the monster begin to lose their momentum cause the leader is dead

The mercenaries didn’t left the opportunities and charged at them,starting the slaughterer.It didn’t take long before we finished,it’s pretty easy considering the monster that we’re fighting.It seems this one isn’t your common every day mercenaries.

After the battle I started to collect the loot,but I stopped it after I tingling sensation on my scalp.uh oh this is a bad sign,I immediately throw the bag that I used to take the loot inside the carriadge.and told the merc leader to retreat fast.

GUOOO

A deafening roar echoes from the forest along with it a horde of monster pouring out.A gian emerge from the shadow,it’s Minotaur!what’s it doing here!?i spun my head in panic.this unexpected event put us on a very dire situation

“Retreat,fast.don’t let them block the path!10 of you defend the rear with me”the merc leader shout his order and the convoy start to move again

The merc gain the advantage using the narrow path they just passed .even if their just goblin and low level monster the count put the pressure on the edge.the first row that got cut will be swallowed by the next,making the situation more chaotic.we’re not gonna doomed if this continue

The minotaur charged toward me and swing it’s axe.damn!of all here why this creature after me!?i parry the attack but it hurts so much!i grab a health potion and drink it.that thing started to attack me again as it rotate the axe horizontally

[Shadow step]I avoid it with a hair’s breath and begin my attack,it’s look like my strength still hasn’t enough so I decided to attack the joint.this is not good,the battle is onesided while my attack only make it more angrier.we’ll not getting alive from here if this thing continue to rampage here and I already use 3 of my health potion

what to do?what to do?it’s look like I got no other choice.the axe swung down missing me,I use the chance to climb it’s hand and stab the minotaur’s eye.it’s going to go berserk, I need to wh-it caught me and throw me onto a tree

“Run!”I shout toward the remaining guard.the minotaur’s berserk know no friends,it attack everything around it.Giving us time for escape,using a smoke bomb from my inventory I flee from the scene and ran back to the direction I first came,thinking about my horse.please be safe,I gonna get killed by old Fritz if something happened to that horse

------------------------------

I met with the convoy in front of Frontier Village and their welcomed me.the merc leader name is Samuel,he is forty-eight this year. we got pretty much acquinted with each other,and he paid me for a meal

“Thanks for your help”Samuel shake my hand

“Nah-,it’s pretty much your man effort anyway.you don’t mind I’ll take the loot?”I said while rummaging the bag that I throw earlier

“all’s your,this our gratitude for helping us.it’s from our employer”he throw me a pouch,it contain 30 gold

“See you later”he said as he disappeared in the crowd

Well it’s look like I already finished all the quest so I am head back to the guild to get my reward

-Wandering rabbit pelt x10
    -Rabbit meat x10
    -Silver earing(i stole it from the minotaur)
    -Rusty sword x20

7. AmIaCat

AmIaCat [ Shem's Kouhai ] [ AmIaCat ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SD3|D-Ranked|Slay 3 Orc Leaders [150 G]
    Great Plain|#SD5|D-Ranked|Slay 3 Kobold Leader [120 G]

We're back Hikari. ( @brasca123 )
    -- In the Guild --
    Easifa: "So we have to kill some orcs and kobolds, right?"
    Yoru: "Yeah, shouldn't be too hard. I dealt with them back in the days." *Reminiscing the past*
    Easifa: "Then what are we waiting for? Onwards! *Walks with really big strides*

-- Yoru's PoV --

Yoru: "There he goes."
    I watched Easifa walk away in really big strides....... Heading at the wrong direction.
    *Facepalm*
    *Sighing*
    Yoru: "You don't even know the right direction."
    Saying that, I chased after him and gave him the map then head to the right direction this time.

-- At the Great Plains --

-- Easifa's PoV --

After walking for sometime, I saw groups of humanoid creatures fighting each other at the distance. I called out to Yoru.
    Easifa: "Hey Yoru. Are those, Orcs and Kobolds?"
    I pointed towards the group of humanoid creatures fighting each other.
    Yoru: " I think so?"
    Easifa: "Do you want to go closer?"
    I said to him, so we can clearly see the creatures.
    Yoru: "Let's use the trees. "
    I agreed by nodding in his direction, then we sneakily got closer.

-- Yoru's PoV --

We used the trees for cover and sneakily got closer to the creatures.
    Yoru: "( No doubt, These are orcs and kobolds. But why are they fighting? For territory?)"
    I ponder about that question for a while.
    Yoru: "( Anyways, we can use the chaos to our advantage. There seems to be enough preys here for us to complete the mission. I'm gonna kill again after so long, huh. )"
    I unconciously smiled in delight at that thought.

-- Easifa's PoV --

I looked at Yoru only to find him smiling in delight.
    Easifa: "Hey Yoru, are you fine?"
    Yoru: "Hmm? H-huh?! Yes fine! Totally fine! Haha!"
    I looked at him strangely because of his actions.
    Easifa: "Anyways, it's good that you're fine. I don't need any unnecessary baggage."
    Yoru: "........."
    Easifa: "So when are we gonna start kicking people?"
    I cracked my knuckles in anticipation.
    Yoru: "Whenever you want. I'll just support you when you need help."
    Easifa: "Alright then. Behold my power!"
    Fitting to this declaration I start sprinting towards the orcs and kobods with inhuman speed, a trail of sand appearing behind me. They seem to be about thirty orcs and kobolds fighting each other with a few stronger looking ones in each of the group.

Easifa: "( It seems that a few of them have spotted me. But, it's too late.)"
    I smiled, proud of my own speed.

-- Yoru's PoV --

Yoru: "Easifa! Wa--."
    I was cut short of what I was trying to say when I saw him rushed towards the middle of the battlefield with insane speed.
    Yoru: "( God! What the heck is with that speed? )"
    While grumbling about his speed, I turned myself invisible then pounced on an unsuspecting orc and immediately pierced his throat.
    Yoru: "Hahahahahaha!......."
    Then started a bloody massacre.

-- Easifa's PoV --

Easifa: "( Finally, another battle! You need to fight from time to time to stay in shape. Now focus... )"
    While focusing and only thinking about the battle, I run towards an orc, then crouch down a bit before jumping forward, smashing my knee into the orc's face, throwing him off balance. I take this chance and swing my other leg in a kick, smashing his head and creating a small cloud of sand that envelopes the area. With the sand in place, I dive under a swipe of an orc and smash his legs with two well-placed kicks, then kick his chest and knock him over. I take a deep breath and make a few wide kicks with my legs, hitting nothing but air and using my passive skills to create a gust that blows a few orcs of their feet, with the sand caught up in it shredding their skin. Having killed another orc I step back a bit, preparing for my next attack, when I noticed Yoru smiling and laughing like crazy while causing a massacre. I shivered from that sight.
    Easifa: "( He's..... Enjoying it? )"
    I shaked my head and pushed that thought out of my mind.
    Easifa: "( I need to focus. )"
    I resumed fighting the orcs and kobolds.

-- Yoru's PoV --
    Yoru: " Ku-hahahahaha!.... ( How I miss this feeling! )"
    While Easifa is kicking and creating sand not far from here. I pierced their hearts, sliced open their throat and ripped their head off from their bodies. I pounced on one of the nearby kobolds then stab it on the heart. Leaving it to die slowly like that.
    I surveyed the battlefield and saw a Wounded Kobold leader running away from battle. I activated my stealth and got closed to it then covered it's mouth from behind.
    Yoru: "Bye~ Little Doggy~ Say hello to death for me, Okay~?"
    I revealed a bloodthirsty smile, then sliced the head off from it's body.
    Yoru: "Ku-hahahaha! This is fun~!
    I head back to see how's Easifa doing then found him wounded while battling an orc and a kobold. I rushed in to help him.

-- Later --

Yoru: "Whew.... Glad thing I arrived just in time." *Stretches arms*
    Easifa: "Yeah, you really saved me there with the orc and kobold leader. I didn't expect them to ally with each other at the crucial moment." *Laughing*
    Yoru: "Well..... Atleast we did it, right?" *Looks at him*
    Easifa: "Yeah." *Satisfied*
    Yoru: *Yawning* "It really is nice to have a change of pace once in a while."
    Easifa: *Silence*
    Yoru: "So,.. should we go back?"
    Easifa: "Count them first, make sure we killed the neccessaey amount, then let's go back.
    Yoru: "Okay."

Yoru started counting the dead bodies that results to:
    Orc x23
    Orc leader: x4
    Kobold x18
    Kobold leader x4
    Yoru got the proof of subjugation and they started heading back to the guild.

What's their proof of subjugation?

@Ramil

Ramil likes this.
  8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#GE1|E-Ranked|Gather 10 Moonlight Flower & 10 Healing Plants [50G | 1 x Rejuvenation Potion]
    Great Plain|#GE2|E-Ranked|Gather 3 Moonlight Water [50G | 1 x Bottled Purified Moonlight Water]
    Great Plain|#GD1|D-Ranked|Gather 5 Rainbow Slime Gel [120G | 1 x Rainbow Gel]
    Great Plain|#GD2|D-Ranked|Gather 10 Nectar [120 G | 1 x Butterfly Honey]
    Great Plain|#GD3|D-Ranked|Gather 5 Flower seeds [80 G | 1 x Butterfly Flower]
    ====================================================
    Welcome back Ian-kun!

Such a weird thing happened at the tavern while I was out? How curious, I'll have to look through it later... Good to know Shadow gave you a potion to solve your problems at least.

And well, I do understand that you might want to make experimentations, but be careful on where you make them, it's not a good idea to focus too much on it while you're in the open.

In any case, you did a good job! Your reward will be of 420G, the Rejuvenation Potion, the Bottle of Purified Moonlight Water, the Rainbow Gel, the Buttrfly Honey and the Butterfly Flower!

Take care now!

((I don't think you need to say that there is a difference in the power between your magic and mine, since my character already went through tons of power ups while your just started and all... I mean, it's kinda expected for a B-rank to be stronger than an E-rank member, I guess.

There is no problem in saying it though, I just think you didn't need to.))

Ramil and shad12ow like this.
  9. Choloy

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks~

((I mean I have lower potential thank you since I have a lot of elements and spells, meaning if I am in the same rank as you/ total ability, I am still weaker since I have more spells than you [I think] lemme edit it))

10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SE2|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Goblins [50 G]
    Great Plain|#SE4|E-Ranked|Slay 5 Boar Warriors. [70 G]
    =============================================
    Welcome back Vernon-kun!

A minotaur with a horde of monsters? That was quite dangerous, good thing you were able to escape without being hurt much.

I'm afraid I can't give you an extra tip for helping them out though, it's how the rules work.

Your reward will be of 430G!

Take care now!

((I passed it since it's your first time, but don't make something like: "started to search slime,goblin, and wandering rabbits.It’s already late afternoon that I able to finish some of my quota’s." to describe how you got half of your quest done, try to expand a bit on it.

The part with the minotaur was nice though, keep up the good job!))

BlancFrost, Ramil and shad12ow like this.
  11. elRouge

elRouge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for overlooking my mistake,i'll make it better next time

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    ================================================
    Welcome back Yoru-kun! Eas-kun!

You two seemed to have done well! Good job in defeating those!

I would give you the full reward, but... You need to follow the appropriate format when submitting the report, please remember to tag your partner the next time you make a party quest, alright?

The reward for you and @Ramil will be of 350G to split up how you see fit!

Take care now!

AmIaCat and Ramil like this.
  13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot to answer that, the proof of subjugation can be anything that is unique to each monster, one ear, one finger, a tooth, anything works, just make sure to grab the same thing from all targets. (Like, get the ring finger of the right hand from all targets. Don't get one right ear from one and one left ear from the other, since there is no way to prove that they're from different corpses.)

AmIaCat likes this.
  14. AmIaCat

AmIaCat [ Shem's Kouhai ] [ AmIaCat ]

Reading List:
    Link
    (( I always forgot. Hahaha! Sorry, sorry. ))

AliceShiki likes this.
  15. imsodone

imsodone 『Creep』

Reading List:
    Link
    As I enter the Guild, I can't help but feel a bit of joy as I walk towards the Receptionist Desk.

After all, a job that should be finished in a week was done after a month due to my useless sense of direction. Looking towards the magic girl, I smiled and gave her the report. Seeing her accept it, I thought to myself, what is the magic girl's name?

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

=Quests Taken=

Desert Village|#SE1|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Large Lizard [50 G]
    Desert Village|#SE2|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Large Scarab [50 G]
    Desert Village|#SE3|E-Ranked|Slay 30 Desert Scorpion| [70 G]

Desert Village|#GE1|E-Ranked|Harvest 5 Baskets of Ice Cabbage [80 G | 1 x Ice Cabbage]
    Desert Village|#GE2|E-Ranked|Harvest 5 Baskets of Desert Cereal [50 G | 1 x Bundle of Barley, Millet, and Wheat]
    Desert Village|#GE3|E-Ranked|Gather 5 Baskets of Desert Figs [60 G | 1 x Basket of Desert Figs]

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

=Journey Log=
    =Adventure Guild's First Quest=

Day 1:
    After receiving my quest from the magic girl, Hikaru? I don't know. I'll ask when we meet again. I'll probably forget it though.

Anyways, joining this guild will be fruitful to my true quest. After all, from my research, they seem to have a huge scale of influence in this continent.

Day 4:
    I seem to be near a camp of... orcs? Oh, an Orc Camp. Tsk. I'll avoid them. I guess I'll head southward.

Day 6:
    Sand. Lots of sand. I encountered a group of Desert Jackals. Hmm. Blood Manipulation will do the trick :}
    I stopped their blood flow until their hearts stop beating. After making sure their really dead, I put them into my spac- nope. It's supposed to be in the Item box.

Day 7:
    Ugh. I discover my hate of sand today after I find it in my underwear which is supposed to be impossible but this just proves the saying "Sand gets into EVERYWHERE". By the way, I killed some Desert Scorpions I encountered. Now, I just 18 before I complete the scorpion mission ;)

Day 10:
    I arrived in the pyramids. Its very different from what I remember, considering they're just laying the foundation that time :) I decided to stay here for a few days. There seems to be scarabs living near. Whelp. Time for a clean up, I guess.

Oh~ They're huge! Wait, this seems to be one of what I need. Hmmm. Brain Explosion works, I guess. I started working just the places near the pyramid, after half an hour I found myself with 11 Scarabs. 1 down, 5 to go. For the bodies, to the Item Box they go!

Day 18:
    I'm now walking eastward. Oh look. Lizards. I'm feeling a bit giddy after not fighting using my staff for a few days, so I used closed combat instead of magic. The result? 2 missions down, 4 more to go.

ps. I managed to kill 3 more scorpions. Looks like the blood attracted a few monsters. Now, I just fifteen for scorpions.

Day 20:
    I can now see the village, just the outline though. Well, its all thanks to that scorpion. Wanting to escape, huh? I already killed 20+ of your kin and you think you can escape me? Speaking of which, I already completed that scorpion mission. Now I just need to help some citizen and can complete this Quest.

Day 21:
    I arrived in the Village early morning. Like 3 am. Since there are no inns available, I entered a nearby barn and slept there.

Somebody woke me up tho. Rude. I mean, waking up to a pitchfork in your face isn't the nicest thing. Turns out its the owner of the barn. I always believe in not wasting good opportunities. So, I asked if I can help him in his harvest for this week if he let's me sleep in his house and 5 baskets of each of his harvest.

Deal.

ps. His name is Roy. People here call him Old Roy.

Day 23:
    We already finished the harvest of cereals. Looks like its gonna be greens tomorrow.

Day 25:
    Desert Figs are done. We already started in the Ice Cabbage before we ended the day.

Day 26:
    Ice Cabbage, finished. This day marks the end of my work and Quest. Old Roy was thankful. Usually harvesting those fields takes up to months. He gave me a few coins and dinner before I left. He's such a nice grumpy old man.

Day 30:
    Help, I'm lost. I seem to be in a forest. I really need to get a map, not that I can read maps. *sighs*

Day 43:
    Oh look, the Adventure's Guild.
    Note:
    Those extra monsters, how to sell them?
    @brasca123

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Desert Village|#SE1|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Large Lizard [50 G]
    Desert Village|#SE2|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Large Scarab [50 G]
    Desert Village|#SE3|E-Ranked|Slay 30 Desert Scorpion| [70 G]

Desert Village|#GE1|E-Ranked|Harvest 5 Baskets of Ice Cabbage [80 G | 1 x Ice Cabbage]
    Desert Village|#GE2|E-Ranked|Harvest 5 Baskets of Desert Cereal [50 G | 1 x Bundle of Barley, Millet, and Wheat]
    Desert Village|#GE3|E-Ranked|Gather 5 Baskets of Desert Figs [60 G | 1 x Basket of Desert Figs]
    =====================================================
    Welcome back Vi-kun!

Nice to see you didn't have any problems on the quests... My name is Hikari btw.

You should've looked at a map before going though... Good thing you were able to come back.

Your reward will be of 360G, the Ice Cabbage, the bundles of Barley, Millet and Wheat, and the Basket of Desert Figs!

Take care now!

((I noticed you put your quest report on your signature, I recommend putting only a link to it, sigs have a limit of 20k characters IIRC, you'll reach it quickly if you put the entire reports in it.))

imsodone likes this.
  17. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SD7|D-Ranked|Slay 5 Bandits [150 G]

Hunting Rabbits
    I feel bad predating on rabbits who don't really hurt anyone from simply wandering about, though I do suppose some could come across a farmer's farm and do with it what they may. I climbed a tree taller than most to scan my surrounding for the long eared animal. When my eyes identified the creature I would create a knife from the same soul force my body was made of. I threw the small dagger, but just before it completely left my grasp I condensed my body into. When I missed or was mistaken I teleported to a knife I threw at a tree over any branch that looked like it could support me and condensed my being into it again back to a suitable vantage point. It was a repetitious and depressing process since sometimes my knife wouldn't immediately kill the rabbits, making them squirm and pant excessively.

Banishing Bandits
    I've heard many stories of bandits hiding in wait on the side of main roads for unassuming travelers. Thus I sauntered across the main road waiting to be threatened and then probably attacked. As predicted a squad of five came out from bushes and trees on the side of the road and proceeded with various words of threat and degradation. Two were at my 3 and two more were at my 9, the 5th was staying in the back giving orders. I lunged at the two closest to me with a straight sword I had produced, my distance between them was far enough for them to read my lunge before it connected. Done with their words all five created a formation surrounding me on all sides. As they simultaneously attempted to pierce me I transformed my straight sword into a long staff and spun it above me while I crouching to swat their various swords, spears, and axes in a diverted direction.
    "Isn't it a bit unfair, five on one?"
    "Anybody who comes here alone is stupid, deserving to be outnumbered."
    "I guess you do have a point there."
    I turned my staff into a short bow and continuously shot arrows in the direction of the air above. The bandits looked at me with a look of disbelief, they must have thought I was putting myself in danger as well. As the rain of arrows was approaching I absorbed some of the bow and turned what was left of it into a knife I threw. I transferred to my knife and then it arrived in the ground. With that the encounter was over with. I hate killing people, but those bandits had the eyes of killers. Some who do it by accident or self defense, even those who do it out of selfish reasons have regret, but those men they had none in their eyes. I absorbed their soul force as I gathered the arrows scattered across the battlefield.

Onslaught of Orcs and their Leaders
    Via my search process I made my way towards the outskirts of an Orc encampment. Obviously I couldn't simply walk in to kill thirteen and walk out. At least thirty would probably be in that village. I waited until I saw a large group of them go hunting. As a group of them went into a nearby forest as did I. Once I judged us to be far away enough from the camp I began picking them off from far away with a long bow. I killed three by the time they realized they were being preyed upon and killed three more as they ran at me. Four Orcs and three Leaders were now surrounding me. I transformed my long bow into a knife and threw it above a large branch of a tree. I killed the rest of the regular Orcs as they looked for my whereabouts. When one of the Leaders realized my location I jumped down with a great axe in hand splitting his skull in two. From the dying yelp of the Leader the last two Leaders turned in my direction. They were both in front of me so I wouldn't need to make any great turns. With a straight sword at the ready I waited for their approach. Which each of their single swings I half blocked and guided their slashes while giving them a killing stroke in a single motion. Absorbing their souls granted my body greater strength.

Killing Kobolds and their Leaders
    In the northwestern great plains I searched for kobold traps. Once I found one I walked up to it and triggered it with my quarterstaff. A few more than a dozen heads showed themselves with bows at the ready. I created four walls from the earth below surrounding me. With the mana that and soul force that composed my body I created a suit of armor, a shield, and straight sword. I lost 10 centimeters in height, but I thought the extra strength was worth it. I lowered the four walls and charged at them. That arrows pierced my armor, but barely entered my body. The fireballs and bolts of electricity fired at me were mostly blocked by my shield. I went from one kobold to the next slashing and piercing then moving on to the next. For those who tried to run I simply turned my sword into a short bow. Their souls granted me more mana. I walked back to the adventurer's guild with my body shrunken to the size of child because of my mana expenditures.

Note: none

@brasca123

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  18. krish1148

krish1148 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how to play and how to get a mission and how to advance.thanks in advance

19. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    look at the signature of one of the guild staff and click the tutorial link

BlancFrost and AliceShiki like this.
  20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link

Great Plain|#SD7|D-Ranked|Slay 5 Bandits [150 G]

===============

Welcome back! Seems like you didn't have any trouble doing your quests, good job!

Your reward will be of 680G.

Take care now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.