Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balthazzar

Balthazzar 『Reformed Member of NuF Society』

Reading List:
    Link
    *spit blood*

shad12ow and AliceShiki like this.
  2. The Forever Distant Victory

The Forever Distant Victory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SE1|E-Ranked|Slay 20 Slimes [50 G]
    Great Plain|#SE2|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Goblins [50 G]
    Great Plain|#SE3|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Orcs [100 G]
    Great Plain|#SE5|E-Ranked|Slay 15 Kobolds [70 G]
    Great Plain|#SD1|D-Ranked|Slay 10 Lizardmen [90 G]
    Great Plain|#SD7|D-Ranked|Slay 5 Bandits [150 G]

After we got back from the Flying Fortress, that seemed to be called Aeternus, we discovered that the cave didn’t had only those slimes from before. The ten goblins left behind were attacked by a small group of slimes, but easily defeated them, since they were few.

When I arrived there, it was decided to explore further into the cave to check if there was still slimes.

The result was, we found yet another nest of them. This time, there were 21 of them, a bit less than the first one. As before, the cores were stored inside my Item Box, but I noticed that there was still some remains of the slimes. The jelly that once was its body.

I took the chance to see if I could devour it, and it actually worked. Though the mana I gained was really lacking.

My mana was a bit over 100 right now. It seems like, being inside this cave, my body starts to absorb mana slowly. Probably the quantity will increase if I go further inside the cave and nearer the mana vein, but for the moment, it’s better to wait until I have a stronger force. Who knows what awaits in the depths of that cave.

But that wasn’t my concern now. I came here to hunt for more creatures! The more corpses the better!

I still hadn’t consumed the corpses from before, so I still had a pile of them do devour. And I was already planning to increase that pile.

[That being said, I’m at the command today!] (Eris)

[Okay, okay~] (Laura)

Today, I’ll only be a bystander of the mission, while Eris will be the one in control. That’s because of the incident last time when I spent most - or rather, all - of the mana we had.

I gave her some pointers about each goblin’s abilities and performance yesterday, and she chose a five man party. Although the numbers are lacking, they’re the cream of the crop among the ones we currently have. The number was also thought with the idea that less members in a group was equal to more experience, or mana, they would get from battle.

The members of the group were Gobby, the sword wielding goblin from before, a goblin with a spear, the goblin with a bow that managed hit the goblin mage in the eye before and a rather thin female goblin with a spear.

The last one was chosen not because of her battle prowess, but rather because of the great amount of mana she had accumulated while we were away. She probably was affected by the proximity with the mana vein and acquired some magical affinity.

With this five man (or should I say goblin?) party, and the golem, we started exploring the great plains once again.

Our destination was the south, near the border of the great forest that existed to the west, Verdant. From what we heard around, there were some orcs there, so we decided that hunting them was a good idea.

We would, still, need at least one and half to two days of travel in order to arrive there. Luckily, we both don’t need any food, while The goblins can either hunt for some rabbits that lived in the plains, what a staff on Aeternus joyly supported, or I could summon some food for them, though simple.

In our way to the orc camps, we found our first prey of the day. A small group of kobolds, three of them, armed with simple daggers and one with a bow. They were sniffing the ground, probably hunting.

[Okay, guys. You know roughly what to do, right?] (Eris)

Gobby nodded to Eris’ words and grumbled to the other goblins, that nodded together. The five of them took out their weapons for the fight. They were ready to rush, but stopped when Eris muttered ‘Oh, there was that...’.

[Laura, can you give me the control of the golem?]

[Why?]

[I plan on fighting, of course!]

[Are you sane?]

[Don’t sweat over it and give me.]

I hesitated a bit, but in the end I handed over the control of the golem to her. She moved a bit the body of the golem, as if to stretch herself, before nodding to Gobby. At her sign, the goblins that were in stand by rushed in the direction of the kobolds.

The golem also rushed… in its own speed, of course.

An arrow flew, fired from the bow of the archer goblin, and hit the foot of the kobold with the bow. The kobold wailed in pain, but didn’t let loose of his bow, and instead fired against the attackers. The two other kobolds positioned themselves between the goblins and their archer to allow him to use his full potential.

Signaling with his chin, Gobby ordered the sword goblin to attack one of the kobolds, followed by the female goblin. While at it, he rushed at the other one followed by the other goblin with a spear. I guess our job is to take the archer down together with our own archer, then?

The kobold archer frantically shot arrows in our direction, but, as he was in a hurry, most of them missed its target. Of course, he wasn’t so unskilled as to not get even one hit, but could only cause minor injuries against the fast approaching foes.

The two kobolds that served as his guard fell almost at the same moment the goblins got closer. The two with spears started to thrust at the enemy, creating a distraction, and Gobby together with the sword goblin used the chance to finish them.

Seeing his comrades falling, the archer kobold stopped shooting and howled. Well, that was useless, since we caught up to him with the golem.

[Soya~!] (Eris)

Eris threw a punch at the kobold’s face. He stopped his howling as he was knocked out.

[That settles it…. ?] (Eris)

While both of us thought that the battle had ended with that, Gobby had a severe look in his face as he surveyed the surroundings. The battle hasn’t ended, has it? As if answering my flag, howls sounded in the plain. It seems like they had a greater force, and those were only the scouts.

Soon enough, more kobolds appeared in our like of sight. And different from the ones before, they were armed with swords and spears. No less than 10 kobolds appeared to attack us. Fortunately, there’s no leader-like one between them, but the numbers are still a problem.

[Sheesh… we can’t even get a breather!] (Eris)

She cursed, moving the golem into a battle stance. The goblins also prepared for the battle incoming.

The kobolds advanced in a line formation, having three archers in the back, together with a kobold mage. This will be a headache to deal with. Hm… I think I have an idea. I whispered to Eris my plan, and she smirked (kind of) with the idea.

[Gobby.] (L)

Even in front of the big group of kobolds, Gobby remained calm and came over to us. We handed him something we took from our item box and he nodded in acknowledgement.

Hiding the thing we handed to him, Gobby grabbed his axe and bellowed before rushing right in the enemy's’ direction. Both the goblins and kobolds were taken aback by his sudden actions.

Brandishing his axe, he teared through the enemy line, breaking the formation of the surprised kobolds. Although he reaped the lives of one or two of them in the way, this wasn’t his real objective. His axe was aimed to the kobolds in the backline.

Noticing this, the frontline snapped out of their confusion and tried to direct their attacks to Gobby, only to be attacked by the goblins that they ignored. They were aiming to give Gobby a window to attack.

Gobby was not that far from the archers and the mage, but it didn’t meant that he had the victory assured. Arrows flew in the short space between them, and a fireball was shot in his direction.

He swung his axe trying to deflect some of the arrows, while ignoring all the rest. The mage started chanting again, but then, an object came flying from within the flames of the fireball. A small ball made an arc in the air and ended up at his feet. He only had the time to look bellow before it happened.

“Gyaaaaaaaaaaah!”

The kobold yelled in pain as the small ball, the bomb, exploded on his feet. The range and power of the bomb weren’t that big, fortunately, or they would have swept Gobby together. They were only enough to cripple the kobold, making his lower half look like bunch of old rags. The sight was really nauseous, so I averted my gaze.

After the mage died, the battle pretty much was won. The kobolds were startled by the explosion sound and the cry of their comrade, and ended up becoming easy prey to our weapons.

Our battle this time was harder because of the number difference, but we ended up pretty well, since no one died. Of course, there were some bad injuries and Gobby had burnt marks all over him, so I had to create some potions to heal everyone.

After the wounds were treated, I decided to take a peek at the situation our party members.

Name: Gobby
    Goblin Apprentice Warrior
    Rank H (38/100)

Name: ---
    Goblin
    Rank I (47/50)

Goblin
    Rank I (43/50)

Goblin
    Rank I (35/50)

Goblin
    Rank I (31/50)

Clay Golem
    Rank I (23/50)

From the first to the last, they were Gobby, the sword goblin, the female goblin, the archer and the lance user. It seems that the difficulty of the battle increased a bit their gains. Maybe I should start some spartan training? Well, at least it would be a waste to just use my mana at this point.

In any case, as the sun reached its peak, we decided to make a stop to lunch. We hunted some rabbits to make our meal.

While the goblins started to skin and prepare the rabbits to cook, we took one corpse and started to absorb with our orb.

As expected, the mana is always lacking in those small fries, but now I’m able to summon rabbits. Of course, I’ll keep hunting them for food, as advised. We finished eating and set up again to travel. We walked for a long time until we sighted a river shore. Next prey of the day was there.

Roaming by the river were a group of tall creatures, at least taller than our goblins by far. They had scaled bodies, slim, but sturdy. They didn’t used any armor, but their scales probably was all the armor they could ask. Their eyes looked like they were seeking for a fight as they gripped their weapons, swords and spears mostly, tightly. Lizardmen.

Luckily they were spread, one being far from the other. It seems like they have some confidence in their individual strength. But that was a major flaw against my goblins. One by one, we started hunting them down by overwhelming them with numbers.

We had hunted at least 7 of them before we found some special individuals. Three lizardmen lumped together.

They were sat around a campfire, cooking some fishes. One of them had light clothes, dirtied with muddy water and with a lot of plants and animal fangs and bones hanging. He had a cane by his side.

The other one was, surprisingly, armored with a simple rusted armor. He had a two handed sword sheathed in the ground at his feet. The last one had no armor, but carried a long halberd and sat leaning on a large monster that looked like a big lizard.

Just from looking, it was possible to see that they weren’t like the other lizardmen. And it was possible to see that our current forces weren’t enough to face them. Well, not for now.

I rechecked they, and both of the ones who were almost reaching 50, had finally reached. We decided to retreat to a safe point before I selected their evolutions, since they would be vulnerable to attacks, and their screams could alert the lizardmen.

The sword goblin grew until it reached almost the same height as Gobby, while the female goblin grew even more, but with a slender frame. I checked their info to confirm the evolution the moment they stop screaming and start gasping for air.

Goblin Apprentice Warrior
    Rank H (2/100)

Goblin Apprentice Magician
    Rank H (1/100)

While the sword goblin was okay with his current sword, but his armor was too tight after evolving. And the mage needed to change her equipment too. I quickly checked the list of things we could create, and found a cheap robe and leather armor. For weapon, I gave her a wooden cane with some mana lingering in it.

“Most grateful.” (Sword)

“Thanks.” (Mage)

[Don’t sweat over it.] (E)

Different from Gobby, they talked from the moment they evolved. It seems like they were halfly conscious during their stage as blank stare goblins, so they know who we are. Without wasting time, we headed to where the three lizardmen were.

Not much time had passed, so they had just finished to cook their meal and were about to eat. I felt a bit of pity of them, being the one who’ll intrude their mealtime.

We stayed in the back with the golem, for our safety, and nodded to Gobby. He took out his axe and mumbled.

“”Understood!””

The two newly evolved goblins said in unison to acknowledge his inaudible orders. The mage started chanting and the swordsman joined Gobby in the preparations to run. The spear goblin was right behind and the archer had his bow put down, as he had a little surprize in his hands. The small surprize flew to the campfire that was in the middle of the three.

They looked a bit puzzled and wary for a moment, but soon reached for their weapons hurriedly. But they were a moment too late. The campfire burst, spewing flames in them. The thing that was throw in the campfire was the fire bomb given by the guildmaster.

We used it here because we thought that it could help a bit.

It was useful to distract them for a moment, and it was what we needed for now. The three frontline goblins rushed in while the archer goblin took his bow and nocked an arrow and the mage started chanting.

The cane wielding lizardman tried to put off the fire in his body and grab his cane that was now lit in flames. The armored lizardman recovered from the surprize quite quickly, and grabbed his two handed sword to defend himself. The last one was trying to calm down the large lizard as he threw some kind of saddle over him.

The armored lizardman received both of the attacks from Gobby and Sword head on. He used the sword to block, though was pushed back a bit by the strength behind the blows. Trying to find a chance, the spear goblin circled the lizarman while he was busy and started to poke his spear in the gaps of the armor. As much as the lizarman wanted to stop him, he just couldn’t, since he had to hold down the two goblins in his front.

Meanwhile, the shaman lizarman recovered himself and chanted a short spell, creating some waterballs to put out the fire. The rider was still trying to call down his lizard, that was being stirred up by the archer goblin’s arrows.

“I’m ready!” (Mage)

The mage goblin yelled as she finished the chant. Three fireballs flew in the armored lizarman direction, and the three goblins jumped to the sides to evade it. The lizarman didn’t had time to dodge and was hit by the three. The heat melted the armor in his body and one of the balls hit his head, scorching his eyes.

It was one out, two to go.

The shaman finished his chant almost at the same moment his companion fell. The ground around him turned murky and a thing started to rise from the mud. Two lizarman-like things surged from the ground, but their bodies were formed by only bones and mud. They had a mysterious light in their empty eyes.

Although their presence felt ominous, Gobby and Sword quickly disposed of them, while Archer and Lancer goblin took care of the shaman.

With the archer busy, the rider was finally able to calm down his lizard, so he hopped on and faced the goblin mage that was near our golem body. The large lizard started scraping the ground and the lizarman took an instance at his back, positioning his halberd horizontally.

He was ready to charge, and soon enough he did so. The lizard rushed in our direction, and there was little chances of the three getting here at time. The mage chanted hurriedly in order to try and stop him.

The chant was completed and a single fireball flew in the lizardman’s direction, but he ignored it as the flames of the fireball engulfed him for a moment.

He was going to kill her for sure, so I moved my golem body to push her out of his way. I was able to do it, but it didn’t meant that I also made in time.

“Ladies!” (Mage)

The mage yelled as the halberd pierced through the golem’s chest and was carried together.

Am I dead? Is this how I’ll die?

[Don’t be stupid, Laura. You know the golem is not the real body!] (Eris)

[Ah, I forgot!] (Laura)

The real body - our real body - was actually the orb. The golem was currently focusing his mana at his head instead of his chest because the orb was there, so piercing the chest was almost meaningless.

I quickly restored the body of the golem and hardened his chest around the halberd. Now he can’t make use of it for now.

“Ladies!” (Mage)

The voice of the mage sounded again. I looked back and Gobby together with the others were pursuing the lizardman. The lizardman on the big lizard released a chuckle-like sound and tried to shrug me off of his halberd, but was unable due to my hardening, as well as the fact that I was also clinging to the pole now.

He showed a pissed off expression, but soon his face was swallowed by a fireball. The big lizard was also hit by some of the flames and started to rage a bit, before was shot in the eye by the archer goblin after some tries. Both the mount and its rider fell down, defeated.

[That was a bit frightening...] (Laura)

[That was a close call. Next time, is better to not be reckless.] (Eris)

Eris said as she softened the area in our chest and removed the halberd. The goblins came to us after dragging the bodies and loot of the battle next to us. As, at least I, we were a bit tired, everything was just thrown in the Item Box for now. The goblins also seemed considerably tired, both physically and mentally. They had not much bruises or wounds in their bodies, and that was expected. The last battle was one that if they ever got hit, they would probably die.

The sun was already setting, so we decided to camp by the river. We took the spot that was before of the three lizardman and made a new campfire. The food, however, wasn’t fish, like they were eating, but rabbits, as in the lunch. It seems like the goblins took a liking to it.

[You can go sleep, Laura. I’ll stay here.] (Eris)

[But...] (Laura)

[No buts, you must rest well, since you’re important to control the dungeon.] (Eris)

[What about you?] (Laura)

[... ] (Eris)

She stays in silence for a while, observing the goblins setting camp before finally speaking.

[I’ll be fine, just sleep...] (Eris)

I was tired enough to comply immediately with Eris’ suggestion. I slowly fell asleep, feeling my consciousness shrink to a corner in the orb. The last thing I remember was Eris’ voice saying ‘I’m only a freeloader, anyway...’.

I woke up to see the goblins cleaning the remains of the campfire.

[Yo, Laura. Up already?] (Eris)

[We’re going already, Eris?] (Laura)

[Hm… it’s not been long since the sunrise, so it’s roughly 7 or something. We’re going soon to come back soon.] (Eris)

[Okay!] (Laura)

We resumed our travel in the plains. The scenery around had not much to see, aside from some distant towns and villages. Though, two or so hours after we departed from the lizardman territory, we found a huge ruin of a town… It was there where we found our next prey. Another goblin camp, like the one from before.

This one, though, seemed to be a bit smaller than that one. But it didn’t lacked a leader. Rather, this one seemed more militaristic than the other, since the goblins there were well armed and felt a bit more experient. Maybe they were for different purposes?

In any case, we didn’t had much problems raiding it, even with less numbers. Throwing fireballs to set the camp ablaze was a good idea to throw them on chaos, and thus assuring the victory.

We looted the camp, and I just threw the 11 goblin corpses, as well as weapons and all, in the Item Bag. For now, let’s try to rush and arrive at the orc camps. It was by the time of noon when we finally got in the boundary of the orc camps.

As soon as we arrived, our group stumbled with an unusual situation. Some orcs and humans were arguing and had their hands on their weapons. The humans were accompanied by a carriage, that had a large cage attached to it. Inside the cage there were some small orcs, probably kids.

Noticing that they were probably bandits, we decided to help the orcs. It didn’t matter if we’re here to hunt orcs, originally. We cannot overlook those bandits. As such, we awaited until the battle between orcs and bandits started to make our entrance.

When the orcs and the humans started clashing, the mage goblin launched three fireballs at them, announcing our participation. Although a bit surprised for a moment, both sides reacted to our attack accordingly, and it ended up becoming a three way battle.

In the end, the bandits were annihilated, and a more than half of the orcs were gone. The rest of them, as well as our goblins, were heavily wounded. I created some potions and distributed to goblins and orcs alike.

After recovering their wounds, the orcs freed their childs from the cage and turned to us.

“You there, Sly goblins… We’ll let you off of this time.” (Orc)

The biggest of the orcs there said that. Well, we weren’t keen on attacking them. There were at least orcs slain enough to complete our quest. Bandits too. The orcs left us behind after saying that.

I stored the corpses and went to check the bandits carriage. There wasn’t much to be taken there, but there was something interesting in the cage that wasn’t taken by the orcs.

A kobold sat almost lifelessly in the corner. He seemed really aged, having a strange beard-like fur on his chin. Although he didn’t looked special in any way, I felt a fierce aura coming from his frail body.

The golem entered the cage and stood in front of the kobold. Silence reigned for a while before Eris finally say.

[.......................... Hey, old man. Do you want power?] (Eris)

The kobold stared blankly at us, but it was possible to see a strange glint in his eyes. The golem nodded, satisfactorily and I felt some mana being drawn from the core. I knew at the moment that we had made of him a dungeon monster, but…

[Eris… why, though?] (Laura)

[Hahaha. Don’t worry, just check him.] (Eris)

I did as she said and was taken aback with the results.

Kobold
    Rank I (49/50)

After packing up things, we went back to Aeternus with the quests completed and a new monster.
    Things collected:
    11 Bandit corpses;
    12 Orc corpses;
    21 Slime cores;
    10 Lizardman corpses;
    1 Large Lizard-mount corpse;
    11 Goblin corpses;
    1 Pitiful Kobold mage corpse;
    15 Kobold corpses;
    50+ Useless equipment;

@brasca123

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  3. Faisal

Faisal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SD3|D-Ranked|Slay 3 Orc Leaders [150 G]
    Great Plain|#SD4|D-Ranked|Slay 1 Unicorn [100 G]

“Time to try out some D-rank missions i guess” Faisal muttered under his breath as he walked out of the adventure guild. Faisal slowly made his way to the great plains as he read some books on orc leaders “so they’re smarter than orcs and use weapons.” Faisal said after reading the book “but they also are stronger in combat, well that goes without saying how else are they going to become leaders?” and so with his preparations complete he made his way into the great plains.

Now for the strategy what Faisal decided to do is assassinate 3 orc leaders that are currently having a three-way-war this will settle chaos that the war will cause but also give him some nice cash from the mission. To do this he will burn the first orcs strategy camp which will most likely burn the orc leader to death. The second one he assassinate while it moves on the weakened army (the army without the orc leader) and the last one he will kill when it drops its guard after winning the war.

So Faisal makes his way to the first orc stronghold which is where the strategy camp will be (which is where the orc leader will be at all times), it was easy enough for Faisal to sneak in all he did was sneak through a gap in the walls (small enough for a lean human to squeeze through but big enough to keep out orcs) and the strategy camp was right in the center and orcs are known for their drinking habits it was easy to find the fuel for the fire so he lit the camp on fire after covering it in alcohol. And he quickly hid before the orcs noticed his presence. Listening to the screams and shouts of the orcs he felt almost sorry for them, almost.

Just as expected Faisal saw the other two armies decimating the army that has lost its leader within a few hours, during those few hours Faisal made his way to his second targets camp in wait, and soon the orcs started to leave the camp to take as much territory from the enemy army as possible before the other army (army with the third orc leader) gets a chance. When the army left, his opportunity showed itself, it was time to attack so Fasial did what he’s been doing a lot of recently he snuck behind the second orc leader and slashed its throat. Since this is a D rank mission Faisal didn’t let his guard down and decapitated the creature’s head.

With both army having no leaders to give them orders they started to fall apart from the seems and the third army was there to pick up the scraps the third orc was so relaxed in giving its orders spending its time having pleasure thinking the other orc leaders assassinated each other. This was what Faisal was hoping for a relaxed enemy is a weak enemy after all so he snuck in like with the others and went to the totally unguarded quarters of the leader, he’s so overconfident in his strength he doesn’t believe he needs guards. After arriving outside the door Faisal slowly opened the door and while the orc was having ‘fun’ with an elf Faisal stabbed the orc through the heart ending its life. Before leaving he made sure to release all the prisoner that the army had captured.
    Faisal leaves the library after finishing his research on his latest prey the legendary unicorn. What he has found out that this creature is attracted to people who are true to themselves and somehow this unicorn got corrupted and kills the people it’s attracted to so it needs to be put down unfortunately.

So Faisal started to head to the great plains while reviewing his plan, first step is find the area where the unicorn was last spotted, second step is to track the unicorn, third step is to use himself as bait and finally kill the beast. Soon he arrived at the great plains and was at the sight where the unicorn was last seen.

Tracking the beast wasn’t hard all he had to do was follow its deeply imprinted footsteps and glowing droppings (the glow is caused by it’s unique magical body). Soon he found where what he believes to be the unicorns home is. So he headed to an open area nearby that it will find tempting to attacking him in. the unicorn thinking that it's smart charged at Faisal, but Faisal predicted it and set a pitfall trap capturing the beast from there it was easy to kill it.

Unexpectedly he was ambushed by a group of bandits the same ones he was charged to kill they were tempted by the unicorn’s remains (which can be sold for a lot) so they ambushed him. Faisal not one to let his guard down after the fiasco with the Kobolds which nearly took his life for dropping his guard was immediately prepared.

The bandits did manage to wound him quite badly though they poisoned him and sliced deep into his torso if there wasn’t so much blood he is sure that he would be able to see his ribs. Not to be distracted in battle he shook off any unwanted thoughts and attacked, the first bandit he traded blows with Faisal slashed the bandit’s throat but in exchange he got stabbed in the stomach. Second bandit didn’t the chance to attack as he was surprised by his friends death and it costed him his life. Third was the leader Faisal was sure he would be in trouble if he didn’t get rid of the leader fast so he stabbed him as fast as possible using flurry all hits hit the leader in the chest. Fourth and fifth bandits were killed with a single skill; Rend. Faisal rushed to the city before he died of either blood loss or poison.
    [i was victorious]
    @brasca123

4. Hatchy

Hatchy 【Shem's Big Bro】【Aiiee's Clone】

Reading List:
    Link
    Completed Quests:
    Delta Town|#GD1|D-Ranked|Gather 10 Lumber [100 G | 3 x Wooden Plank]

Failed Quests:
    Great Plain|#GD2|D-Ranked|Gather 10 Nectar [120 G | 1 x Butterfly Honey]
    Great Plain|#GD3|D-Ranked|Gather 5 Flower seeds [80 G | 1 x Butterfly Flower]

Solo

@brasca123

People tell me that walking in the woods is dangerous, and I should always take someone with me just to be safe. They also tell me that I should be fully geared and prepared before venturing in the forest so that I won't meet with misfortune. What they don't tell me is that even if I do everything mentioned previously, I will most definitely be put in an unsafe, unfortunate situation.

And if that wasn't bad enough, I went into the forest unprepared and by myself. If that's not raising a flag, then I don't know what is.

The quests I took were simple, so simple that it baffles me why they're considered D-rank quests. Get wood. Get nectar. Get seeds. That's it. Easy right?

Let me start with the gathering of lumber. I strolled into the thick woodlands with a brand new hyper-sonic vibration ax that I borrowed from a retired lumberjack. It resembled a chainsaw like from earth but it was run by a magic crystal which powered the tool. As for why I got this expensive looking tool as opposed to a normal ax, I wasn't sure at the time because all the lumberjack said was 'someone like you will definitely need it' before he patted me on the back and left.

Fortunately, the ax worked perfectly. I sliced through trees as if they were butter and finished collecting the ten pieces of lumber in a matter of a few minutes. Feeling satisfied for a job well done, I started to pack up and head back to town.

That's when I met something that an ordinary, fledgling side character or anyone for that matter should hope to never meet.

"W-w-w-w-what the hell is a griffin doing here?!"

The Griffin. A mythical being of legend. A tenacious and savage breed of wild beasts. Legend has it that a single one could level cities and topple kingdoms and it was one of the few creatures that dared to stand up against the two celestial beings: Phoenix and Dragon.

And yet, one is glaring right at me.

"Aha......er......what brings you to this neck of the woods?"

The griffin blinked as if saying 'what the heck is this idiot saying?'

I gulped as sweat poured down my face creating a big enough puddle below me to be a suitable habitat for a school of fish. The griffin started to come my way, each step leaving an dominating eminence.

Rendered too shocked to move, the only thing I could do was stand still, close my eyes, and say my prayers to the a-hole that brought me to this world in the first place.

However, my seemingly imminent death never came. Instead I felt a soft sensation on my face as if there were feathers ruffling against me.

"Huh?"

I opened my eyes to find the griffin nuzzling against me as if I was its owner.

"W-what's this about?"

The griffin stopped snuggling against me and tilted its head in confusion. I frowned at it's expression.

"Hey buddy. I should be the one confused here!"

As soon as I was done retorting, a series of beeping noises and notices appeared before my eyes.

[System Message: Rank S Griffin has been tamed!]
    [Class Tamer has been acquired]
    [Strength surpasses tamer's ability. Adjusting ability to suit tamer]
    [Adjusting completed. Griffin is now Rank C]
    [Qualification 1 of 3 for Liberator class completed. Adjusting skills]
    [Adjusting completed. Privilege of the Unprivileged has been updated]

"T-this!!!"

I quickly opened up my stats and paid close attention to the major changes

Job/Class: Tamer, Liberator 1/3
    Skills:
    Cannon Fodder
    Your presence aggravates all enemies. You're perfect material for a diversion, but if you want to survive you should work harder
    Privilege of the Unprivileged
    You are bound to nothing and no one. Those who dare to oppress will be subjugated beneath your will.[Remaining Content Unreadable due to Current Strength]
    Supreme Uniqueness
    So ordinary that it makes all ordinary people look different. But that's what makes you unique.
    Pets: Griffon Rank C [Rank increases with owner]

The 'Runt' job was replaced with the classes 'Tamer' and 'Liberator' while the Privilege of the Unprivileged skill had a longer description under it. There was also now a section that listed my recently subjugated griffin. All these changes were great and all but....

"What happened to my Not the Protagonist skill?!"

...it seemed like my plan to leisurely spend my days as a simple side character was blown away by the wind.
    After a few minutes of rolling around the ground in despair, I settled down and took a deep breath to reassess the situation.

"Well...although I lost my only protection against the cruelty of the world, at least I didn't go empty handed..."

I looked at the griffin that was calmly sitting beside me. It tilted its head as soon as I met its eyes.

'Guru~?'

I smiled at its cute response and ruffled its fluffy fur. The overpowering dominance it had before it was subjugated was now replaced with a friendly atmosphere, and now it was heard to imagine that this creature is the one responsible for the destruction of countless civilizations...

I continued to pet it as I talked.

"Can you understand what I'm saying?"

'Gurururu~!'

The griffin rapidly nodded as its tail wild swayed back and forth in excitement.

"Oh! You really are as smart as the legends say!"

In response to my words, it pridefully raised its head as if saying 'But of course!'

I was starting to feel bad that such an adorable creature was forced to submit to me, but I remembered that I would have probably died otherwise so I buried that guild in my head.

"Hmmm...since its already come to this...I can't really turn you away so I guess I'll just have to name you!"

The griffin's tail started to sway again as soon as I said I would name it. It was a good thing I had confidence in my naming sense!

"Hahaha, don't worry! I'll definitely give you a name that lives up to your reputation!"

'Gururu~!'

"I'll call you...Griffin!"

Oh. The tail drooped.
    After a few growls, screeches, and squawks, it was decided that the griffin's name would be Aeolus. It was a fitting name for a beast that is renowned for its agility and speed in the air.

"Okay Aeolus! From now on, you and me will be together so let's get along 'kay?"

'Gururu~!"

He lets out an enthusiastic cry in response to my words.

"That's the spirit!"

I laughed at my new comrade's enthusiasm and then decided to get back to work.

"I'd love to play with you buddy but I got to finish these gathering quests I took! Want to help me look for the stuff at the Great Plains?"

'Gururu~!'

"Great! Let's go!!!"

I started to walk out of the forest before Aeolus suddenly tugged at my shirt with his beak. I turned around to see him looking at me as if saying 'what do you think you're doing?'

"Huh? What's wrong?"

Aeolus snorted and spread his wings out, flapping them a few times.

"Oh right! You could fly!"

His eyes seemed to be saying 'You only realized that now?'

I grinned as I hopped onto his back and scratched his side.

"Alright buddy....show me what you can do."

'Gurururu~!'

With a loud cry, Aeolus flapped his wings, kicked the ground beneath him, and shot straight through the sky. He was moving at about the speed of an airliner so imagine how I felt with air hitting my face at about Mach 0.9. I was hanging on to him with my dear life.

"S-s-s-slow down Aeolus!"

'Guru~?'

Noticing that he was going a bit too fast, Aeolus decreased the speed he was flying and snorted as if saying 'You can't even handle that much?'

Sometimes this guy isn't really cute at all...

After a short while, we arrived at the Great Plains, and Aeolus landed right next to a patch of flowers suitable for harvesting seeds. I deboarded the feathery airliner and began to pick the seeds from the requested flower, but it was a bit more difficult than I thought since there were many types of flowers in the patch. However, I eventually managed to get all the requested seeds.

Next, Aeolus and I roamed the plains until we found some honeysuckle for getting nectar. I spent a good long while extracting enough drops to fill ten jars, but thinking about the money I get, the work was nothing.

"Ayah~ I'm finally done!!!"

I stretched my arms out and shouted. Nothing felt better than finishing a tedious job....

Scratching the head of the unusually quiet Aeolus, I once again hopped on his back as we headed to the Guild to turn in the quests. I was feeling giddy since this time I managed to finish all the quests without failing them, but when I was at the Guild and it was my turn at the receptionist's desk, I found something that immediately doused my mood.

"W-what happened to all the nectar and seeds?"

When I took out the quest items from my item box, all I had was the ten pieces of lumber and 10 empty jars that had smears on them as if something licked it.

"Eh?"

I picked up a feather that was in one of the jars and frowned.

"What's this doing in here? Any idea Aeolus?"

'Guru~'

He shook his head that had feathers eerily similar to the one I found in the jar.

"You don't know either? Weird..."

To this day, I never found out what happened to the nectar and seeds.

Acquired a pet Griffin!

shad12ow likes this.
  5. SpiralGust

SpiralGust Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Solo
    @brasca123
    after receiving the green light for my 3 quest I make my way to find 10 orcs
    Since my class is necromancer it will be a easier task to accomplish when I can tour them into zombie orcs then slay the slimes and goblins as I make my way into the Great Plains
    I spot a hut that has various pig squeals coming from the inside
    I make my way onto the roof and sneak my way into their home sadly there is only 3 orcs but I shall wait for the rest to arrive less then a hour later I can hear footsteps outside and more orcs come in
    I decide it is time to act before to many appear and it gets out of hand
    I active my ability specific to the nosoi race that cause disease and various sickness
    The hut starts to decay and the orcs skin color changes from their normal color to a sickly grey
    As they are weakened I act and bash their head with my broom that was I my inventory
    I strike 2 down but the remaining 4 escape my clutches but they won't get far after all they have a sickness now due to my ability I store the dead bodies into the magic bag
    I follow their huge foot steps and see them collapsed still alive
    "I give you props for surviving thus far" then I finish them off with my broom through their head that's six total
    I use rise of the dead on the a orc with the least damage on the body and make it go back to its main headquarters for assistance but it will only lead to their death after plenty of waiting I hear the steps of 5 orcs and there they are my zombie and 4 orcs I appear in front of them and command my zombie to attack them
    My zombie decided to bite them to death with a more powerful bite then any other alive orc. Can handle
    My zombie pursues the other 3 that abandoned their comrade at an abnormal speed and flattening them while running I put their dead bodies away as I continue my hunt for the other quests
    after killing the orcs I move onto the goblins that will be much easier prey then those giant pigs I keep searching and searching but I can't seem. To find any then I decide to look for caves
    I find a very strange cave as In it has strange claw marks o the walls clearly not of a goblin more of a human as I move deeper and deeper I notice whispering but it isn't in human tongue I assume it is goblins that are planning something I must hurry as I don't know what is at the end of the cave I crouch down and listen to see if I can spot where they are hiding then I notice that there is actually small holes in the walls but I didn't notice earlier because of the darkness I quickly go into one of the holes and low and behold there they are hiiding their young ones but not of into the distance there is a mangles body of a human that was clearly mutiliated by the goblins as I decide to end this quickly and leave I pull out my broom and chip the end to make it into a spike and start quickly stabbing the young ones and older ones I ended up with 4 babies and 5 adult goblins as I get ready to head out to look for another I notice and weird squirming noise coming from the mutiliated corpse and see that it is moving but it clearly isn't alive then I notice something hiding behind the body and I quickly stab through the body into the goblin behind I collect the corpses, I burn the human body and leave

slimes pose a problem of them having the weakness of magical attack and resistance to physical attacks so I came up with a plan I find as many rocks as I can and fill them up with as much mana as they can hold without exploding sadly I could only make 4 so I hatched a plan
    As I roam the plains I spot a group of slimes and get their attention the lead them into a group as I found the final ones to get 20 slimes I round them up and before they merge into a big slime I threw the.4 rocks into them and they start to absorb the mana but as they absorb you can see them panic as they can't hold it all i and start to expand and the explode but the excess then is release on the other slimes causing them to explode
    After they all died I collected the bodies and head to the receptionist desk to turn them in
    Also first time doing this so do I change the amount of gold I have on my signature after I turn in the quest and it gets approved?

shad12ow likes this.
  6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SE5|E-Ranked|Slay 15 Kobolds [70 G]
    Great Plain|#SD1|D-Ranked|Slay 10 Lizardmen [90 G]
    ===================================================
    "Welcome back uhn... You were..." *checks the card* "Oh, right! Eris-san and Laura-san!

Let Hikari see it... Uhum, right, Hikari is glad-" *cough cough cough* "to know everything went well! And also really happy that Eris-san and Laura-san were able to save the Orc Children!

The reward will be of 510G! Take care now!" *waves*

((Be a bit careful with the usage of monster names, on the part the bomb exploded, I think you used "goblins" instead of "kobolds", and a similar problem happened on the part of the orcs, in which you used goblins when it should be orcs... Or was it on the part of the lizardmen? I forgot, but it was in one of those 2.

The report was nice though! \(^^)/))

7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SD3|D-Ranked|Slay 3 Orc Leaders [150 G]
    Great Plain|#SD4|D-Ranked|Slay 1 Unicorn [100 G]
    ==============================================
    "Fa-Fa-Faisal-san!? Why is it that Faisal-san always comes back so injured!?

Le-let-" *cough cough* "Hikari see the report... Well, at least Faisal-san was able to do it somehow... The reward will be of 400G, take care of yourself more!" >.<

((Hmmm... It comes out a bit weird if you say you found a 3-way orc war out of nowhere... It would make more sense if they were small groups IMO, since 3 armies fighting in the Great Plains would cause a huge ruckus, so the guild would probably intervene.

The strategy you used was pretty nice though! Nice ideas! *thumbs up*))

BlancFrost and shad12ow like this.
  8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town|#GD1|D-Ranked|Gather 10 Lumber [100 G | 3 x Wooden Plank]
    Great Plain|#GD2|D-Ranked|Gather 10 Nectar [120 G | 1 x Butterfly Honey]
    Great Plain|#GD3|D-Ranked|Gather 5 Flower seeds [80 G | 1 x Butterfly Flower]
    ==============================================
    "Welcome back uhn..." *peeks at the card* "It was... Hatchy-san? Was that how Hikari was supposed-" *cough cough* "to call you? Hikari isn't sure...

Oh, right, the rewards... Hikari is sorry to say it, but even if Hatchy-san tells Hikari that Hatchy-san got them, Hikari can't give the rewards for what Hikari doesn't receive.

So, Hatchy-san wil only get 100G and 3 Wooden Planks... Please try-" *cough cough cough* "harder next time!" >.<

9. Faisal

Faisal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "you know what they say; what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, these scars are proof of my battles and growth" Faisal said looking proud of himself. "Are you feeling any better yet?" Faisal said looking worried

((you're probably right but thanks for complementing my strategy xD))

10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    =======================================
    "Welcome back Disease-san.

Hmmm... Using the orc's own comrades as zombies to lure them in-" *cough cough* "looks like a nice strategy... Hikari can't feel well about it though... At least it was a job well done.

And... Hikari doesn't think it's nice to-" *cough cough cough* "kill children, but... They were in the middle of that strange thing, so... At least they were gotten rid of...

At least there wasn't any trouble in dealing with the slimes... Good job.

The reward will be-" *coughs* "of 200G, keep up the good job!"

((Yep, you add it to your card after I appraise the quest! Which is what I just did!))

BlancFrost and shad12ow like this.
  11. Hatchy

Hatchy 【Shem's Big Bro】【Aiiee's Clone】

Reading List:
    Link
    "......but I am trying my best >.> "
    *cries in a corner*
    "What am I supposed to do with 3 wooden planks anyways? Eat it? >.> <.< "

12. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SD2|D-Ranked|Slay 8 Rampaging Rhinos [90 G]
    Gallant Mine|#SE1|E-Ranked|Slay 5 Snow Goblin [80G]
    Gallant Mine|#GD4|D-Ranked|Mine 25 Iron Ore [60G | 4 x Iron Ingot]
    Gallant Mine|#GD2|D-Ranked|Mine 3 Fire Crystals [100G | 1 x Refined Fire Crystal]

New​

I am certain that I have grown stronger, but I don't know to what extend. These quests should be a good opportunity to discover my new limits, as well as to gather a few more materials.

I use the teleport gate, and with my knowledge about dimensional magic I find it fascinating how it can transfer matter to another location. But I am not here to unravel it's mysteries, I am here to finish my quests.

The Frontier Village is just as I remember it, a lively place with guards and sturdy walls to keep it safe from the dangers the Great Plains might hold, as well as potential orc attacks from the orc kingdoms behind the Gallant Pass. I continue on from the teleport gate to the wall in the east, using the partially stone paved roads, still slightly wet from a recent shower, politely greeting the villagers and guards I pass on the way.

In my opinion, adventurers are both respected and maybe feared here. Respected because they help keep the village safe, and feared because they are so powerful and sometimes can't properly control their power, which might cause damage or casualties. I hope that I belong to the respected ones. My intention is to help them after all – I don't want to be feared.

While contemplating this, I soon arrive at a gate and leave the village. Now with the wide, open plains before me, the northern mountains visible on the horizon, I feel a bit... challenged? Provoked? This is a great opportunity to test my speed and stamina. After normally walking a few hundred meters, I pump more of my mana through my body, resulting in an explosive acceleration that sends me hurling away.

I land about one dozen meters away in a pudly of mud, sending it splashing all around me. A quick change of the surface of my clothes and skin prevents me from getting dirty, but I am nonetheless surprised at the speed I achieved. I need more control and finetuning... this calls for a series of experiments to gather data I can use. This place will do fine.

Commence experiment. Gathering data.

30 minutes later; gathered data has been analyzed.

Maximum speed: 120km/h
    Acceleration in one second: 50 km/h.
    Instant jump heigth: 5,5 meters
    Mana exhaustion after 30 minutes of permanent testing: Barely noticeable

In order to properly display the maximum speed, modifications to the feet are necessary – not enough grip on the floor with human feet.
    The cloak was laid aside to reduce air resistance.

The results are surprising, as I accelerate faster than a cheetah. And if I reach my maximum speed, I don't have enough grip and always tumble, resulting in me rolling quite a distance without any real control. This means that if I want to run at my full speed, I have to change my feet. As that is my current intention, I change my toes into claws which allow me to grip the floor in the Great Plains very well, or deal some damage if I were to kick someone with them, be it by slashing or piercing.

Using my enhanced feet, I continue my travel to the Gallant Mine, leaving small clouds of dust in my wake. After a few minutes I spot aa group of goblins in the distance that seems to be scared, and running away from me. I guess something approaching you at more than 100 km/h has this effect on goblins. I slow down do 60 km/h and take out my Naginata, then pose it for a charge and acelerate to 80 km/h, easily overtaking the goblins and piercing one while passing by, only stopping about 100 meters away from them. I can see that they are even more scared now, terrified. But they have willfully caused harm, and I can't forgive that. So I charge them again, and again, and again, too fast for them to react, until all 13 of them are dead.

That means I have finished one of the quests. I should continue on to the mine now. After storing my Naginata in my itembox, I speed up again and rush towards the Gallant Mine with my maximum speed.

The mountains are getting closer and closer, and start covering the sun. Suddenly noticing a cloud of dust in front of me, I stop and see a group of rampaging rhinos trampling everything in a stampede while moving towards me. This is slightly dangerous... but a great chance to test my strength. Further observation makes me recognize them as white rhinoceros, with a weight of 2,400 kg and a speed of 50 km/h. That means they have a momentum of 33600. An human expert can reach 2800 with a chop, so that's 12 times as much as that if I were to take the full impact. A blow of 3300 has a chance of 25% to crack a human rib. I can take this.

They get closer fast and I anchor myself in the ground with my claws, my feet perfectly positioned beneath my shoulders. I then lower my body a bit so that I can properly take the blow without getting thrown over due to my centre of gravity being to high. I wait and can see the rhinoceros approaching me fast, not slowing down in the slightest. Then it reaches me and push against it with my arms. I can feel the impact travelling through my arms, but not dealing any real harm. Neither I nor the rhino move. Now that it is standing still I push it back a bit and change the structure of my carbon based skin on my hands to one closely resembling a diamond, and pierce through its eyes with them, lethaly wounding it.

The rest of the rhino's have simply ran past me, and using my Naginata after returning my hands to normal, I jump onto each of them and pierce their skulls from above. In the end, the small stampede of about 10 rhinos is finished, each of them dead and unable to cause further destruction. With the rhinos dead there is nothing left for me to do here and I continue to the Gallant Mine.

I traverse the rocky mountain paths with ease, startling a few goats on the way and soon entering the snowy parts near the mine. It doesn't take much longer for me to arrive at the mine, and the continuous travel has left even me exhausted. So I find a hidden crevice a few meters above a traversable path on a steep mountain cliff to rest in and wait until my mana reserves are mostly restored, a cold wind constantly blowing against my face. It's convenient that my body doesn't need heat to survive.

Having rested enough I plan to leave the crevice and enter the mine, but suddenly hear sound from outside. Quietly peeking out, I notice 6 snow goblins on a ledge a bit further down the cliff. It doesn't look too stable, so I use some mana to strengthen my body again and break off a rock from the wall and throw it down at the ledge, breaking it and causing the snow goblins to fall and roll down the cliff, meeting a rather gruesome end on the way or at the bottom.

With the goblins taken care of, I carefully climb down on the path and enter the mine a few dozen meters up the path. After adjusting the light sensitivity of my eyes, I don't have any problems orienting myself and maneuvering in the mine. I start looking for Fire Crystals and an iron vein, and after finding and extracting two fire crystals with my mana strengthened body and my diamond like skin, I discover an iron vein and start mining – again, with my hands. I keep mining the iron ore, and suddenly discover a Fire Crystal within it. That is what I would consider lucky. I carefully extract it, with which I have 3 Fire Crystals, and mine the rest of the required iron ore without anything significant happening.

Clearly remembering the way back, I make my way out of the mine and, this time in a normal speed, start travelling down the mountains, arriving at the Gallant Pass after a few hours of climbing that every normal human being would find arduous. I know that I am not human and will never be, I accept that. But that doesn't mean that I can't be humane.

With a sudden thought of inspiration, I try using dimensional magic to scan my surroundings, and am met with fai- wait, what was that?At the end, a slight... signal? No, familiar feeling... I try again, sending a pulse out, and really – there is something... like me. Another homunculus, most likely also made by my creator. It's just so far away, far in the north west... by all means, I shouldn't be able to sense this. It's just so far away... I will have to go there in time. Or rather, as soon as possible.

Slightly restless, a strange feeling, I continue walking back to the Frontier Village slowly, not really paying attention to what's happening around me. But a loud sound snaps me out of my trance.

About fifty meters away from me, a strange airship is currently landing. It definitely is not of the guild, way too sleek and sky blue in color, spanning a length of 50 meters and a width of 10, with a few offensive armaments visible from the outside. A hatch opens on the side and 10 human soldiers armed with spears and completely covered in armor and cloth surround me while a winged figure is barely visible in the airship, observing the situation.

One of the soldiers with slightly fancier looking armor rudely questions me. "You're an adventurer, aren't you!?"

Slightly confused, I answer the question and politely ask another myself. "Yes, I am an adventurer. What is your reason for surrounding me, if I may ask?"

"Silence! We're here to tell you a message, and you better remember it well! The winged ones don't want your flying scrapheap of a fortress in the sky – it's the territory of us, the true and only rulers of the sky! So you better hurry up and tell your friends back home to put that city down, or we'll wreck it!"

I frown. That was rude. I don't like them. "Excuse me, but I've never heard of the winged ones, or the rulers of the sky. Who are you anyway?"

"How dare you!? Kill that infidel!" That answer is much more agressive than I thought it would be, and the soldiers charge at me. They want to kill me, and I don't even understand why. Is this another thing humans do? I jump backwards over a soldier, away from the airship, and take the boxing stance, waiting for them to reach me. Their long range will be hard to deal with, and they move surprisingly fast.

Actually, this is no time to wait. Using my explosive acceleration, I dash forward and kick a soldier in his chest, carving deep gouges with my claws and making him fly backwards several meters, using the counter force of the kick to land safely on my feet a bit distant from the other soldiers, which seem to be slightly shocked at my speed. This is a perfect chance, I take out my Naginata from the item box and throw it towards the fancy looking soldier like a javelin. It's not the most efficient throwing technique for my weapon, but it should be enough to- one of the soldiers throws himself in front of the fancy looking one, getting pierced but reducing the speed of my Naginata, and the fancy soldier manages to block my Naginata, breaking her weapon and armor in the process. That shouldn't have been possible, her armor must have been enchanted – and I am surprised that it's a she, and that she is glaring at me with such an amount of undisguised hate.

I glance towards the airship and notice 20 additional soldiers leaving it. This is getting dangerous, I should run away. Not hesitating another second I start running towards the Frontier Village, faster than the soldiers can chase me, but there's something strange – I throw myself to the left and the ground I was standing on gets blasted with a fiery beam from above, burning the patch of grass to a black crisp. Looking up, I can the the winged person I noticed in the airship earlier, giving me chase by flying with a speed only slightly slower than my maximum speed, his white-red wings ablaze but not hurting him in the slightest. I can't run away like this. I stomp the floor with as much force I can and use dimensional magic to shift myself out of the three dimensions we move in.

I can't see, hear or feel what's happinging in our world right now, but I keep counting the passage of time. After twenty minutes, I shift back and see the area of about 30 meters around me scorched black, and the skyblue airship almost disappearing in the clouds. Looking carefully I can see a few more airships, scattered over the sky. This doesn't seem good, but I'm not sure if this is going to be a real threat to the guild and Aeternus yet. But conflict seems unavoidable.

This time extremely careful, I return to the Frontier Village and the guild, then hand in my report.

OOC Notes - I am sure that some parts could use some work, but I'm rather satisfied considering that this is the second thing I wrote after a rather long pause.
    @shad12ow

Hatchy and shad12ow like this.
  13. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    @Quaesitor
    Great Plain|#SD2|D-Ranked|Slay 8 Rampaging Rhinos [90 G]
    Gallant Mine|#SE1|E-Ranked|Slay 5 Snow Goblin [80G]
    Gallant Mine|#GD4|D-Ranked|Mine 25 Iron Ore [60G | 4 x Iron Ingot]
    Gallant Mine|#GD2|D-Ranked|Mine 3 Fire Crystals [100G | 1 x Refined Fire Crystal]

===================================================================
    "Good day to you, Tene. How's your quest? Judging from your looks...I can't really judge them. But I do feel that something is amiss. Let me see the report....Hmm...winged race that rides airship? Now that's news for me. And they want to bring down Aeternus? How interesting...And stupid. Well, if they do come to us with hostile intention, it will only be polite for our side to answer the same way, if not better then them, yes? I'll just increase our defense and force with that. As for your quest, I see that you have been getting stronger, Tene. Impressed I am. Hahahaha~! Well, here is 380 G for your reward. Take care now~!"
    OOC: Thanks for the idea~! I like that~! Maybe that way Aeternus can gain more land~! Hahahaha~!

Quaesitor likes this.
  14. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    @JinVodka You should tag the receptionist you tag in your quest request. Oh, and edit will not tag the person. Post another one with the correct tag, please~!

15. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    Ops sorry first time getting quest, thanks boss~

shad12ow likes this.
  16. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    #SE1 - E Rank - Slay 100 Rats [100 G]
    Early morning and first day as a member of the Adventurer's Guild: As a Mercenary, I can only wait till someone hire me. Now finally as an Adventurer I decided to take one quest just to test the water. I quickly eat the barley bread I have and drink some milk heading towards the guild.

3:23 AM July 4 Tuesday at the Adventurer's Guild: I quickly pick a random quest and hand it to the Quest Manager which was a Loli. She was coughing and has many work piled up. Feeling sorry for her I handed a candy and decided to do my best in the quest.

5:00 AM at camping area: I started formulating and preparing equipment. Since it was only rats, I decided to left my tower shield. I decided to visit every place where the rats appears like house, sewage and rice field.I also brought my trusted neighbor cat names 'Maw' who visit me periodically to hunt some mice.

6:00 AM at Delta Town: I started visiting every house and told them that I was going to kill some rats. Their voice seem terrified and they could only nod when they look at me. How strange...? guess my armor scares them. I hurriedly finish the task with Maw so I could leave.

10:47 PM at Guild Tavern: I finish killing the rats in every houses but I only counted 33. I took alot of time cause I sometimes got lost in chasing the rats on narrow streets and sometimes was distracted by the scenery. I decided to call it a day and eat at the guild Tavern. Before I go to sleep...

3:00 AM July 5 Wednesday at camping area: I wake up early in the morning cause I decided I wanted to finish it quickly and head to the sewage. Thankfully my helm covers my whole face and is immune to any smell but still the scenery was disturbing. I quickly kill any rats I see while feeling sick. Sometimes crocodiles and snakes suddenly appears taking away alot of my time. Crocodile and snake skins can be sold so I decided to skin them for income.I also found some copper coin hehehe...

10:37 PM at Guild Tavern: I only killed 27 rats at the sewage having a total of 60 rats. Rats are annoying cause they are too small and other pest keeps on being distracting. I decided to complain in the guild.

8:15 AM July 6 Thursday at Farm lands: Feeling a bit tired with dealing rats, I headed to the farm lands. I ask the farmers for permission. Some objected cause of how I look, but a kind old farmer accepted me.Feeling a bit hurt, I lazily killed rats and notice the old farmer having hard time plowing the fields. Oh well... having no choice as my conscience is pricking me I decided to help the elder. Soon I also help the other farmers at carrying heavy objects and some hard jobs. The farmers have finally accepted me and invited me to eat. Sadly to say that I almost died from all the food they trying to feed me ughh...

5:00 PM at the camp: I finally reach the goal of 100 rats. With my bursting stomach I drag myself towards the guild sigh~...
    Note:
    - Found 50 coppers in the sewage
    - Obtain crocodile and snake skins 15 pcs each
    - Cow's milk bottle x5 from the farmers

OOC: I wrote it similar to Re:Monster I wonder if it's fine?
    @brasca123

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  17. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: No probs~!

JinVodka likes this.
  18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    #SE1 - E Rank - Slay 100 Rats [100 G]
    =====================
    "Welcome back uhn..." *looks at card* "Jin-san!

Hmmmm... Everything seems fine, but... What-" *cough cough* "is a loli...?" *tilts head*

"In any case, the reward will be of 100G, take care now!"

((This format is fine, rather, it's a nice way of making it, gives more of a "report" feeling than usual... Be careful with the dates though, you made both Tuesday and Wednesday have July 4th as their dates.))

JinVodka likes this.
  19. TheClone

TheClone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hell |#SD1|D-Ranked|Cleanse the soul of 5 dead spirits [60G | 1x Essence of the Dead]

@brasca123

Alone

Hello! I'm back!
    I got a little blood on my shirt, is there any place I can wash it?
    It started to smell!

OOC:
    *Spends 3 days making long report about being apprentice and stuff*
    *Still not finished...*
    *Deletes and makes report in 2 hours (Making lunch included)*
    Enjoy this report of premium quality...

On my way to hell, I picked some fruits and vegetables growing on fields in great plains. Did you know that item box can keep things fresh? I heard that in the tavern, so I wanted to try. Also, I didnt want to go in and out of hell all the time for food if it took more than one day. I picked up some mushrooms too. Turns out red ones are not good for the stomach.

In hell, I observed priest doing the priesty thing with ghosts. It looked like the stuff I was supposed to do, so I was trying to copy him after he left. For some reason, it didn't work at all. It was frustrating and because my master told me not to speak to priests, I couldn't ask him what was I doing wrong...

I think he didn't like me watching very much because he sometimes screamed at me and once even stabbed me. It wasn't that bad, only a bit of blood got out. That night I learned about the edibility of red shrooms, that was much worse. I had stomach aches for a week!

Anyway, four days into my stomach ache, the priest came again but ran away in the middle of his thing and when I repeated his actions then, for some reason it worked. Weird. I did all five in fear it wouldn't work next day and ran back here!

*Several months later, adventurer party retrieved a diary from deep within hell*
    Last pages before writing turned unreadable were quite interesting.
    Day 17
    Some young lady followed me around today. Normally, I wouldn't bat an eye, but it didn't happen in the village. It happened in hell. I tried to tell her she shouldn't be in a place like that, but all she ever did was look at me and smile. It was weird, but given her age, I think she was just trying to prank me. When I went out, she didn't follow.
    Today I helped fifty-five souls find peace.

Day 18
    She was there again, staring at me. I tried to speak to her, but she didn't answer. I lost my cool for a moment and shouted at her. Ever since I become a priest, I never shouted at anyone. I hope she will get bored and leave me alone, she is disrupting my work and making me uneasy.
    Today I helped forty-seven souls.

Day 19
    Again. Why is she following me? I tried to ignore her, but I can feel her gaze. Every time I look at her, her face wears the same smile. I'm starting to doubt she is even human. She stands there for hours without moving. I never saw her not smile and I never heard her make any sound.
    Today I helped forty-two souls. This can't go on, tomorrow I'll move to a different spot.

Day 20
    It didn't help. I didn't see her follow me, but at some point, she just appeared behind me. Never in my life, any profanity left my lips. Today was the first time. I don't know what to do.
    Today I helped thirty-one souls. I will have someone people come with me next time, maybe she won't show up if there are more of us?

Day 21
    No one wanted to come. I did expect it, but it still hurts. I'm doing it for their good, yet they don't want to help me... If it was not my gods will, I would not go there ever again. But it is, so I went. And she was there again, staring.
    Today I helped twenty souls. I'm sorry, I couldn't stand being there any longer.

Day 22
    I tried pleading, none helped me. I tried sneaking past her, yet she found me. I... I didn't know what to do. I stabbed her. I still remember feeling of her blood on my hands. I didn't want to. I thought she is not human. I thought she won't ever go away. I feared that once I turn around, she will rip my soul from my body. So I stabbed her. And what did she do? She just smiled. As if nothing happened... I won't ever go there again. Sorry, my God, I have failed you. I'm not suited to be your servant anymore.

Day 26
    I don't know where am I... I finally calmed down and went back. I wanted to help one more soul. Hers. Every night I tried to sleep, I could see her, standing there, smiling as blood spilled from her stomach. No ghost bleeds. She was a human and I killed her. I set up a rite, but before I started, I felt someone look at me. It was her. She stood there, pale, clothes stained with blood, holding her stomach. It was the first time I saw her not smiling. Her expression was indifferent. I lost it completely. I just screamed and ran. Away from her, away from everything. And I got lost. Even now, I can still feel her stare, but I can't see her. Every time I turn around, there is nothing. But I know... She is watching me.

OOC:
    *Dodges chunni stuff or any mention of how the rite actually goes*

Nahrenne, Hatchy and AliceShiki like this.
  20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hell |#SD1|D-Ranked|Cleanse the soul of 5 dead spirits [60G | 1x Essence of the Dead]
    ==========================
    "Ano... You were..." *peeks at her card* "Oh, right! Alice-san! Welcome back!

Let's see... Uhn.... Hikari doesn't-" *cough cough* "understand how it works either, but Hikari thinks it worked out somehow, so it should be fine.

The reward will be of 60G and the Essence of the Dead.

Good luck on-" *coughs* "future quests Alice-san!"

((Lol, that diary! I was surprised to see how small the report was, but the diary made up for it! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Good job!))

TheClone likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.