Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Official Board

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    !!-NEW MINI EVENT-!!
    -OAKENLAKE KINGDOM RECONSTRUCTION-
    Inside one of the meeting hall of the Adventurer Guild HQ, a rather tense atmosphere lingered. The long table is filled with documents and the seats are filled with guild staff who wore stiff and nervous expression. On the end of the table, one can see the figure of the Guildmaster tapping his finger on the table. His expression was grim and he was frowning, making the staff even more afraid to talk than usual.

“So…you tell me that the reconstruction within the Oakenlake Villages have not been going as we expected?”

“Yes, sir,” said one of the staff with a rather stiff voice.

“And…that also affected our trade to the extent that most merchant from our city begun to stop coming there?”

“Y-Yes, sir,” this time it was a female staff that said that.

“….Why is this information came into us so late?” said Shadow while letting out a groan, “This is such an important news. I know that Oakenlake is not our ally, but we are still trading with them. We still need to know what happens in there all the time.”

When he said that, not one person dares to give any opinion. Truth is some rumors have been circulating from there. Rumor such as that the kingdom are struggling to keep the people in line after the constant attack of the monster or rumor that more and more people are dying due to lack of food, medicine, and other supply. But the reason they never get officially reported is because they all stay as rumor. Nothing is official and the other side tried to keep the rumor from getting out. But after a while, the Guild managed to get an insider to tell them what really happened. To their horror, all the rumors are indeed true. And with that in mind, the Guild decided to not ignore that matter any longer since the Oakenlake is still one of their past allies.

“Then we need to move fast! List what they need! Send envoy there and offer them our help! Force them if needed! Issue urgent quest for all members! If we don’t help them, it will tarnish our name. Do you understand that?”

“Sir, yes, Sir!”
    New event~! Come and join us in this event~!
    • New event only quest~! Interact with the elves~!
    • New reward~! From something simple to something....strange? Well, this is Ag, after all. HAHAHAHA~!
    • Two separate events! We'll unveil the 2nd one soon~!

This event will be available from 6th of February 2017 - 13th of February 2017
    Please follow this link to the event quest post => http://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/1092149/
    And FOLLOW THE RULES!
    Thank you~!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    Pyoo, LittleFox21, Zzzzz-sama and 9 others like this.
  2. Monti

Monti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Wow new event ! And HEY! I'm D-rank now! (Maybe still E if some rules changed?)

3. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are D-rank already, you will stay that way even if the rule changed. Don't worry~!

4. Kuma Desu

Kuma Desu Holy Architect | Defender of Children | Clozdark's

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I'll have to finish my delayed my current quests to do this~

5. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I just grow them an entire forest worth of food and medicinal herb

ExitedDeviljho and Bielt like this.
  6. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    *giggles*
    you sure can~
    *giggles*

Lovely likes this.
  7. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry, you can do this just as usual. Since this event is not long, I think it is better to do this first.
    .....no.....

A5G_Reaper, BlancFrost and fuzor100 like this.
  8. Kuma Desu

Kuma Desu Holy Architect | Defender of Children | Clozdark's

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll do this after comming back from my quests now~

9. Chambui

Chambui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    #EZ12 – No Rank – Gather 5 Bags of Game Meat [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ14 – No Rank – Gather 5 Bags of Animal Pelts [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ28 – No Rank – Deliver Supply to Elven Villages [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    #EZ30 – No Rank – Scout and Patrol the Surrounding [ 100 gold | Event Points ]
    These.

10. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    wrong thread

AliceShiki likes this.
  11. Chambui

Chambui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not taking them yet, but thank you. ^^
    Edit: Wrong thread... T.T and I wanted to quote someone...

12. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    But you can grow some for the quest (read: as much as the number in the quest). We don't mind. You are, after all, the Nature's Avatar.

Bielt likes this.
  13. Sebastian

Sebastian Not a Butler?

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: What happened to oakenlake kindom?

14. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: It is the place where the last raid was. It was ravaged by waves after waves of monster until the Guild defeat the corrupted Godbeast in the forest. The kingdom suffer from those attack, especially the surrounding elven villages.

Sebastian likes this.
  15. Sebastian

Sebastian Not a Butler?

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Thanks

LittleFox21 and shad12ow like this.
  16. nguuuquaaa

nguuuquaaa 『Grade SSS Hentai Genius Supervert』

Reading List:
    Link
    ===Izuna===

It seems Master has forgotten about the sighted grape farm in Distance Steppes. It's been several days, but she show no sign of wanting to go investigate it. Umu, I can't take this any more, I'm going alone then.

The human transformation spell comes with a languague comprehension effect, thus I can learn Master's language in a short amount of time. So I leave a note behind that say "I'm going to search for grapes - Izuna" and embark on a journey toward the dream land.

Throwing my clothes into Item Box and turning myself back to bird form, I spread my wings and fly at high speed to the west. Without Master's spaceship, I have to take several breaks, since long-distance travel by myself is tiring no matter how much of a training I've received. No, stop, the trauma from training with Master is surfacing, I don't want to remember any of it. Okay, let's clean my head with the thought of burying in grapes.... After several hours, I finally reach the Steppes. Now, the more tedious part is..... How am I going to search for the farm in this vast unexplored area?

I know! How about asking other residents of this place?

- Chi chiiii chi. [Don't know.]
    - Uwuuu wuuuwuu. [The weather is nice.]
    - Keee ke kee ke keke. [I've seen it but can't remember where.]
    - Goo gogogoo gooogo? [Hey girl, wanna mate?]
    - Ek eeek eekekeek. [Grapes are delicous.]

It's no use. These birds are all birdbrains at heart. Rather, there's a dangerous one there so I electrocute him to a cinder. Hmph, a lowlife like you have no right to touch me. At least be strong like Master.... wait, this bar is way to high. Hmph, at least be strong as 0.1% of Master then I will reconsider.

After asking several others, I can somewhat assume the general direction, so I am now taking a slow flight to check the surrounding.

No, not this.

Not this part either.

It's not here too.

Argh, where the hell could it be?

Could it be hidden under a barrier or sort? There's no actual witness, just a rumor circulating around after all. O-or maybe it d-doesn't exist? N-NOOOOOOOOO~ (in Luke's voice)

And you there, are you a masochist or what? You've received my answer (read: Lightning Bolt) haven't you? Why are you following me? I am in distress right now. Don't make me more upset than this.

It's dark now. And I'm hungry too. I've been flying around for hours already.

Ah screw it, I would just take you as a punching bag. It's too late to run away.

I wonder if I should use Storm of Judgement?
    ===Village elder===

What greets my eyes is the scene of a outrageous battle.

On one side, there's an attractive girl. She has long and glossy blond hair that reaches her knee. It's glittering beautifully amidst the twilight. She wears a dark short skirt with short sleeves and a white apron at the middle part. There are white frills all over the edges of the dress that make it somewhat classy. Couple with the also frilly headdress, wristbands, neckband and high kneesocks, she looks like a maid, but nothing like the ordinary maids usually found in high-class households. I can't think of anything other than she's either a dress-up doll or a servant of a rather pervert with the design of her outfit being obviously shorter than common.

On the other side, there's a huge leopard. It stands more than twice the height of the girl, while its whole body stretches longer than an average house. It has paled yellowish brown fur which fades toward the underbelly, and the most visualized trait of a leopard, the intimidated rosette-pattern covers the whole body. One cannot really sees unless in direct contact, but under its showy coat are tightly packed muscles that cannot be made lightly. It also has sharp claws hidden under the four paws and large fangs behind the menacing mask of a hunter.

The leopard jumps forward and cleaves a large arc toward the girl with its right front leg. It's fast, in contrast to popular believe that larger is slower. But the girl lightly lowers her upper body and flickers it away with just a wave from her left hand. She then takes a step forward and delivers a straight punch to the leopard's chin. The leopard seems to expect that, it slightly opens its mouth trying to bite that arm off. However, the corner of the girl's lip rises a little, then her arm is suddenly enveloped in a yellow sparking aura. It is unknown if the leopard has quick reflex or it reads the attack of the girl, but her fist only hits the air since the leopard already jumps back. The two of them pause a little to look at their opponent, seemingly await each other's move.

Looking at the surrounding, I can see the destruction outcome of the battle. Numerous craters on the ground, charred grasses, some parts of the vineyard destroyed... My headache... Just how does this happen?

Yesterday, the barrier that covers this whole village shakes a little. Normally, it only weakens when the weather is very bad, however, the sky that night is quite clear. The only possible explanation is due to a sudden chain of loud sound just a while earlier. An enemy attack? I don't think we have antagonized anyone, since this place is in the middle of nowhere and we haven't got in contact with people for a long time after all.

With such loud sound, of course other villagers would take notice and gather, some even bring their farming tools or kitchen knives. I instruct them to stay behind, save for some men to investigate. Our opponent has the ability to inflict damage on our barrier, so we cannot be at ease. Let's advance while being vigilant.

The more we go forward, the stronger this smell becomes. Isn't this the smell after a storm? So our opponent can use lightning magic. Quite troublesome it seems. I can only hope the attack earlier is just a misfire, since if it comes from a hostile, we can't escape unscathed.

- Be careful, our target could possibly use magic. Oi, where are you going? (Elder)

Seing Agor part our group and run ahead, I voice my question.

- Hey, c 'ere, quick! (Agor)

Did he find some lead? Upon getting closer, we can see a yellow bird laying on the ground. It seems to be unconscious, as it's still breathing weakly.

- Thunderbird. (Elder)

That's right, a thunderbird. As I recall, this kind of monster lives in the far northwest mountain range. Just how does this one got lost here? Hmm, but come to think of it, thunderbirds are known to have small mana pool so they quickly get tired after a few discharges. Could it be this one is the culprit for the crack on the barrier? But thunderbirds are not that strong. Maybe it's not the only one. Or maybe this one is exceptional.

- Do not be negligent. Split into 2 groups and check the surrounding. There maybe other attackers. (Elder)
    - Can I keep it? It's not everyday we can find something as rare as this. (Agor)

Huh, what's this guy talking about? It's a monster, and it's harmful to our farm. It's better if we kill it here and now.

- I'm keeping it. (Agor)

Hey, I haven't given my approval yet!

- Ah, don't worry, I'll keep an eye on it. (Agor)
    - Can you fly? (Elder)
    - No. (Agor)
    - Then how do you restrain it if it goes out of control? (Elder)
    - Somehow? I can attach a chain to it. It's not physically strong right? (Agor)
    - ....Right. (Elder)
    - Then it's decided. (Agor)

Ah, dang it. If not for the fact that this guy really has the ability I would already shoot him down immediately.

- ...If something happens, I'll tell her to give you no share for a month. (Elder)
    - O-one month?... I mean, I got it, no way there would be trouble. (Agor)

Since other men find nothing aside of black ashes here and there, we conclude that the bird is responsible for the attack, and be left in the care of Agor.

After that, I spend most of my time fixing the barrier. Somehow by today it is found out that the bird can transform into a human. That could explain how it managed to damage our barrier, it's really a unique monster after all. And after the barrier is finally be back, this grand battle of a girl and a leopard occurs that threatens to destroy the barrier again.

Just how does this happen?

Give me a break.
    ===Agor===

Mwahahaha, pet secured. The moment I see this creature, I know that it would make a great companion. Imagine it, a lone man riding a horse on the windy grassland accompanied by his pet bird and searching for preys.... It's cool and novelty right? And this one particular bird can make a really good scout for their speed alone, so it's practical too.

It's late into the night after doing the earlier inspection, so I guess I'll go to sleep. I'll just place this bird here on top of a pillow near my bed for now. If it creates a mess, I would wake up right away. I'm used to waking up during sleep since monster occasionally attack our village at night after all.

In the end, nothing happens. The sun is rising halfway through the sky but the bird still shows no sign of waking. Oi, don't tell me it's dead?... Err, still breathing. It's just tired. Let's check carefully if it has any injury.

Hmm, what's this thing on its leg? A band? Uwaa, what's this? There's a weird sensation like it contains something that I can take out when I touch it. Is it the famous Item Box? But I thought it looks like a bag, like the one that old man possesses. Well, let's see if it's really an Item Box. Here goes nothing.

The thing I take out from the band is a dress. This design, I've never seen it anywhere. It looks.... cute. I'm not too good with clothing but this is the impression I get.

- Stay away from it. (???)

A shadow suddenly lands on top of me and pins me down on the floor. When my mind clears up after a few moments, what I saw before my eyes is a pair of boobs... I mean a naked girl looking straight at me. As a gentleman I am, I immediately avert my eyes, of course not before I engrave the view into my brain without fail.

- Errr, should you cover yourself? I can see everyth.... (Agor)

My mind blanks out right after that.

When I wake up, the girl is already dress up. Yep, she's cute in that dress, as I suspect.

- Nice to meet you. I am called Izuna. (Izuna)
    - ....My name is Agor. (Agor)

I was in the middle of checking the thunderbird, so I look around while answering. Thing would get hectic if it escapes and harms our farm.

- Just to you know, I am a thunderbird with the ability to transform into human. This form is just more convenient to converse. (Izuna)

Huh? This girl is.... a thunderbird? That thunderbird?

- Come to think of it, where am I? (Izuna)

Before I open my mouth, Izuna already throws a question.

- You don't know? But we found you collapsed near the entrance of our village. (Agor)
    - I remember using Storm of Judgement to annihilate an insolent fool who dares to stalk me, but he fled at the last minute. After that, it seems I lost consciousness. Ah, how I wish I have some more strength to chase that thing down to the end of the earth. (Izuna)
    - ....Um, your murderous aura is leaking out. (Agor)
    - Where's my manner... Sorry about that. (Izuna)
    - It's fine. Anyway, you are lucky that we found you before other monsters do. (Agor)

And we are unlucky for receiving your attack. But I won't say it out loud.

- I thank you for sheltering me. (Izuna)

At that time, a small growl sound comes from Izuna's stomach.

- Do you care to join me for lunch? (Agor)

I stand up and walk toward the kitchen. Saying kitchen but actually my house is just a simple big room with kitchen part near the front door, table and chairs in the middle, the bed at the back and cupboard at the right side.

- Ah, no need. I already prepared my proport...ion....... (Izuna)

Izuna pauses for a while, her eyes glue to a small basket on top of the kitchen.

- Do you perhaps... like grapes? (Agor)
    - Eh? Ah yes, yes I do. Actually I am searching for a grape farm somewhere in the Distance Steppes. It's just a rumor though. (Izuna)

Could they be talking about our farm? It's no surprised people get a hold of this place, but I can't believe there are actually people who journey to this vast grassland at the edge of the continent. It's not like we are hiding from people. If there are people who won't hold prejudice against us, we are more likely than welcome. But the place we originate from is full of hatred that we have no choice but to leave and live in seclude, at least that's what I've been told.

- The place you look for is most likely our farm. These grapes are from there after all. (Agor)

I present the basket to Izuna. But seeing her gaze following my hand movement, I suddenly have an urge to tease her a little.

I lift it up. She looks up.

I put it to the right. She looks to the right.

I wave it in the shape of number 8. She follows without fail.

- !?!! Hmph. There's no need for them. I have my own stuff. (Izuna)

Ah, she's mad now.

- I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Here. (Agor)

I place the basket on the table and raise my hands. Izuna seems to be still suspicious of me, but she takes a bunch of grapes regardless.

- !!!! (Izuna)

Wow, she looks so happy just for some grapes. What is this cute creature?

- It's sweet. (Izuna)
    - Yeah. It's more sweet than your usual grapes, since it's for wine production. (Agor)
    - Wine? (Izuna)
    - Yeah, wine. You like it? (Agor)
    - I've never had them before. (Izuna)
    - Is that so. Well, perfect occasion then, I also need to restock mine. Do you want to take a tour of the village with me? (Agor)

Izuna tilts her head for a while, then nods.

- Grandma, are you there? (Agor)
    - Agor, huh. Why didn't you show up this morning? (Grandma)
    - I'm sorry. You know the explosion last night, right? I was busy with the treatment of the culprit, who is right here. (Agor)
    - *nom nom nom* Eh? Ah, nice to meet you. My name is Izuna. (Izuna)

....I would be appreciated if you just put the grape basket aside and not hug it like it's a treasure or something.

- An outsider? What's a girl like you doing in this middle of nowhere? Oh well, you are still young, you can do everything. Oi, Agor, don't slack off tomorrow. (Grandma)
    - I get it. Also, this too. (Agor)

I give the old lady an empty bottle. She takes it and disappears into the house. After a while, she goes out with another bottle.

- Here. (Grandma)

As one would expect, in this secluded village, people survive by helping out each other. This old lady, she's not my real grandma but I'm used to calling her that, is the one who makes most of our village's wine. I myself assist her with the farm work, and sometimes go hunting to increase our food variety. The vineyards are at the edge of the village, so when the need rises, I also act as a guard.

I explain to Izuna while leading her around.

- *stare blankly at the vineyards* (Izuna)
    - *stare blankly at the basket with just a few grapes left* (Agor)

She wants more? Guess I'll take another bunch again. Hope grandma won't see us.

- Oi. (Grandma)

I pick Izuna up and dash away as fast as I can.

After our little trip, the sky is becoming dark outside, so we return to my house. I didn't meet the old man, seems he's busy fixing the barrier, so I passed a message to him, informed him not to worry about the thunderbird. I unplug the newly-acquired bottle and pour the content to two wooden cups.

- This is our village's special product. The old man likes it so much he decided to stay here and construct a barrier for us after all. (Agor)

I still have some dried meat, so I go to the kitchen to fetch them. When I get back, there's an Izuna staring intensely at the cup without moving, so I sit in the opposite of her and place the food on the table.

- You can drink them you know. (Agor)
    - ....Then I'll go forward. (Izuna)

Answering so, Izuna holds her cup using both of her hand, ponders for a little while more, then looks like resolving something and gulps the whole cup down.

- Geh.... it's hurt my throat. (Izuna)
    - I forget to tell you, you should drink slowly. Here, try savoring the taste little by little. (Agor)

I pour another cup for Izuna, then bring up my cup.

- Cheer. (Agor)
    - Cheer(?) (Izuna)

Hah, grandma-made wine really is the best. I had tried learning to make some from her, but those either go bad or taste really bland, so I gave up and focused on my only strong point, which is physical labor.

- It's sweet. And has strong taste. (Izuna)
    - Yeah. (Agor)
    - It's like, overly-ripen grapes without the bad smell. (Izuna)
    - Apparently wine-making is based on that. (Agor)
    - I don't think I like it. But it's a little bit addicted. (Izuna)
    - Is that so. I like it though. (Agor)

This situation, 2 people of the opposite sex enjoying the night with a cup of wine while making small talk, isn't it romantic?

- I'm feeling a little bit light-headed. (Izuna)
    - Then you should stop. Drinking too much is not good for your health. (Agor)
    - Not good for my health? This is not good for my health? Ahahaha, do you know what's actually not good for my health? Master's training! (Izuna)

Izu....na?

- I follow Master because I thought I can become stronger, but what do I get in return? HELL! Everyday I was forced to discharge till collapsed, then repeat when I recovered. And that's just the start. After my mana capacity went up, she then forced me to adjust my power. Do you know how she forced me? By hugging me add day long! And touching and rubbing and sniffing and licking and washing and everything! Even to sleep! I can't even escape. She even enjoyed my attacks! She used her body to measure the power of my attacks. Like, what was that? Is she even human? SHE ISN'T! (Izuna)

Izuna pours another cup for herself while I'm over here paralyzed. Just two small cups and she becomes this drunk?

- *gulp* My human form has higher physical capability in exchange for inferior ability to use magic. Can you guess what was the new training menu? SHE HAD ME FIGHT HER! Hahaha I see you still don't understand the significance of that action. Let just say she can blow away this whole village with a flick of her finger. Ridiculous right? And it even hurts puching her. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FIGHT THAT? (Izuna)

In my mind appeared a figure of a giant demonic woman full of muscles, with red skin, a pair of horns on the head, fangs on the mouth, black bat wings and tail on the back, holding a trident in her hand.

- *pour**gulp* And she told me to break a huge boulder BY MY BARE HAND! Ahahahaha, this form had high physical power doesn't mean my durability also went up okay. Did she really think a human body can withstand that? NO WAY! Just breaking down wall hurts like hell, let alone the 10 meter wide and tall hard stone. (Izuna)

Normal humans can't break down wall you know.

- *gulp* I had to practice everyday until I can finally break that boulder without hurting my hand. Normally that should be an achievement, but for me it was a hellish experience. Yes, I became stronger, but that was not what I expected. I DID'T EXPECT TO RISK MY LIFE! (Izuna)

That's the 5th cup already. You should really stop.

- Um, Izuna, you are tired. You should go to sleep now. (Agor)

Izuna stands up and slams on the table.

- Tired? No way. I am in very good condition now. I can even show you how I destroy large boulders with bare hand. (Izuna)

Saying so, Izuna walks out of the house with really fast footwork. I hurriedly follow her.

- It's dark! I can't see anything! [Lightning Bolt] [Lightning Bolt]. (Izuna)
    - Stop! Stop! Don't randomly shoot lightning in every direction like that! (Agor)

I quickly restrain Izuna by holding her from behind.

- Don't stop me! I need to find a boulder to break! (Izuna)
    - There's no large boulder in this village okay? Please be obedient and go to sleep. (Agor)

Unfortunately, Izuna easily escape from my grip.

- I hate people hugging me! You! You are courting death! (Izuna)

Izuna charges at me with bloodshot eyes. Her irises are naturally red, and with how she is enraged right now, those eyes look extremely dangerous.

- Guh! (Agor)

As expected from someone who breaks stone with bare hand, Izuna's punch send me flying. How I feel lucky to be a muscle-head so I wouldn't become a pile of meat eating that punch. Of course Izuna won't stop there, she runs after me wanting to finish me off. This is not good. I can't hold a contest against Izuna in strength department. I can't use magic. How am I supposed to solve this predicament? Am I going to die young?

Can't be helped, let's use that. Izuna is originally a monster anyway, so it's no problem reveal our village secret to her.

Yes, our village has a big secret. Most of us, save for the old man who's a traveling magician, belong to the race called "Werebeast". It seems our ancestors received a curse, and that curse passed to the younger generations, creating the "Werebeast". At the first glance, we look no different from normal human, but under some circumstances, we can transform into a wild animal. According to the stories of the old folks, in the earlier days, our ancestors cannot control when to transform and how to control the animal instinct so they are feared and shunned, leading to the immigration. But younger generations have been carrying the curse since they were a baby, so they can somewhat put it under control. Nowadays, the curse becomes our unique ability, Beast Transformation instead. And in exchange for the enhanced strength while transforming, we are weak at learning magic.

I invoke Beast Transformation while in the air, turning myself into a big leopard, then land on all four and confront Izuna.
    ===Bandit A===

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU CALLING A BANDIT? My name is Gram, and I am no longer a bandit, now I am a proper citizen of Aeternus. Can't you see I'm working earnestly at the construction?

<Bandit A learns [4th Wall Break]>

WHERE THE HELL DOES THIS ANNOUNCEMENT COME FROM? AND I'M NOT A BANDIT!

<Bandit A learns [Tsukkomi]>

Aaargh I don't care anymore. After meeting with those strange girls, I have a feeling my life is getting weirder and weirder. Thanks to them I can go to this dream-like flying city, and thanks to them I can leave behind my past. I got a job as a manual laborer and had a relatively sufficient living condition. But the surroundings, what can I say, is like they are becoming a comedic story?

<Bandit A's [4th Wall Break] has evolved into [Advanced 4th Wall Break]>

See?

It's late in the afternoon now, signaling the end of my work, so I wrap up the tools and prepare to leave. At that moment, I see two of my colleagues heading here.

- What's up guys? Not going home? (Gram)

One guy steps forward and delivers a straight punch into my face. Then the other guy grabs my collar and shakes back and fourth.

- You traitor! (???)
    - The f*** is wrong with you two? (Gram)
    - There's a girl, A BEAUTIFUL GIRL, who's waiting for you at the entrance! (???)

Is it just me or you two are crying blood? Are you sure you can still live with this much loss of blood?

Talking about beautiful girl, the faces of two certain girls pop into my mind. Hope she is not one of them.

- *wave hand* Heeeeeeey! (Izuna)

Nope nope nope I'm outta here. But before I can even run, the girl already appears before my eyes and pulls me by my arm. Taking alook at the two idiots earlier, they point at me and make the gesture of cutting throat. Well, I'll be dead before you two can kill me, sorry.

- What do you need me for? (Gram)
    - You used to be a farmer right? Can you help me grow this? (Izuna)

What I see on that girl's hand is a bunch of grapes.

- I'm not sure, I haven't touched these before. And even if I do, there's no place to grow. (Gram)
    - Don't worry, I've secured a perfect place for this. (Izuna)

I have a bad feeling about this.

- It's perfect, right? (Izuna)
    - HOW THE HECK CAN THIS BE PERFECT? (Gram)

The place this girl has taken me to is right besides the edge of the flying city. Yes, the edge, where not many people stays near. There is a barrier around the city that protect people from falling, but scary things are still scary. I mean, we are at the height higher than mountains, there's no even sight of birds or flying creatures.

- I'm going home. (Gram)
    - Wait! You are the only one who can help me. (Izuna)
    - Can't you just buy them or something? You and your master are rich, right? (Gram)
    - We forbid her from setting foot near our farm for a period of time. (???)

Huh, since when has this guy been here?

- Nice to meet you. My name is Agor. (Agor)
    - I am Gram. (Gram)

This guy look.... sad? Did something happen? I look at the girl.

- What? (Izuna)
    - I'm just thinking you are causing trouble again. (Gram)
    - That's rude. I wake up in the morning and they banned me without my knowing. (Izuna)

I glance at Agor. He looks back, and shakes his head. Mmm, I can somewhat guess the situation.

- In short, you want to eat these particular kind of grape, but don't have access to the sources. (Gram)
    - Yes. (Izuna)
    - Do you know how long would it takes for these to grow? You ban could be lifted before then. (Gram)
    - A week? (Izuna)
    - ARE YOU AN IDIOT OR WHAT? There's no way grape can grow in a week isn't it? (Gram)
    - There's no problem. Master taught me a magic that can make any tree grow fast in seconds. (Izuna)
    - And that is? (Gram)
    - Sit on top of it and recite the magic word "Let us reach the peak together".(Izuna)
    - ....... (Gram)

Knowing that other troublesome girl, it should be another dirty joke of her. Good grief.

- Come here. (Gram)

I whisper the meaning into the girl ear. Her face reddens.

- It seems I am still inexperience. I need to give a hard blow to a certain someone. It would be best if she can't walk or talk anymore. (Izuna)
    - ....... (Gram)

Should I ignore the girl's remark? Is this girl too innocent or she is slowly infected by her master? Okay, let's ignore it, since she said that herself.

- That sounds like a dirt..... Ouch! (Agor)
    - Idiot! Don't say anything! Hahaha, nothing, nothing, we are just being friendly to each other. (Gram)

The girl looks over with an understanding nod, then continues talking.

- So I still need to wait for a long time. (Izuna)
    - Yes. (Gram)
    - Okay, you can plant them and I will find someone to speed up their growth rate. (Izuna)
    - I don't have a say in this matter, right. (Gram)
    - Don't worry, I will provide anything you need. Well then, see you later, since I have to help this guy buy necessities and bring back to his village. (Izuna)

Hah, my workload is increased by one. On top of my regular work, now I also have to take care of a vineyard. Now I don't even know if I'm lucky to meet these girls or unlucky.

Needless to say, when being interrogated by the idiots, I gave them the answer "I will gladly trade my place with you".
    ===3rd person PoV===

One day, a new vineyard is seen in development near the eastern edge of the floating island. There's nothing to gossip about, if not for a strange phenomenon. At some point at night, a faintly glowing figure can be observed walking through the vineyard. Sometimes people can hear an eerie laugh, sometimes whispers "Dead" "Disease" "Massacre" "Poison" "Knife"... Some claim that's a ghost of a girl who dies by falling off the edge, some say she gets caught in the family power struggle and be murdered, some think it's just a group of glowing bugs coupled with the sound of the wind. Nobody knows for sure, since people either don't care or too afraid to check the edge area at night. When the story reaches the ear of a certain construction worker, he facepalms and expresses the urge to scold a girl, only to receive a shower of contempt from the surrounding. When the story reaches the ear of a certain non-human girl, she invites her attendance to invest this, only to receive a rejection because she is also busy at night. At one point, the figure disappears and also the rumor, but the true story behind it is forever in mystery.

Hahaha (dry laugh).
    I finally complete this side story.
    Basically this happened during the Morian raid, but I delay writing it since forever.
    5k words, the longest I've ever wrote.

Next goal: taking quests and writing power up arc.

Nurman and shad12ow like this.
  17. Chocol8

Chocol8 [Chocolate Sect Founder] [Chocolate Lover]

Reading List:
    Link
    ============RESERVED FOR SIDE STORY=======================
    Side Story

Code Choco: Rise of the Rebellion
    Happened before the Oakenlake Kingdom Reconstruction.

Sneak Peak:
    Single parchment to start the storm
    A great rebellion is to form
    Nature's child shall heed the call
    Bear arms to end it all

============Chocolate is required for viewing======================

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    fuzor100 and Nurman like this.
  18. Chocol8

Chocol8 [Chocolate Sect Founder] [Chocolate Lover]

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: These were supposed to be part of my quest report for Oakenlake but since none of the quests were done here yet, I separated them to ease the receptionist's work at reading my report.
    After filing the quest application, I went to prepare. I received a lot of bags to fill with the various quest items. Good thing, I have my handy dandy item box. In they go. Such a convenient little thing. Now first things first. Where is this Oakenlake Kingdom?

I looked for a map to guide me and found one in the tavern. Should have really bought a map before but forgot due to the excitement of going on an adventure. I opened it up and searched for Oakenlake.

"Oakenlake, Oakenlake.. If it got hit by the raid before, then it would be somewhere..." I placed my finger on the map and traced the path of the previous raid. "There! So still in Rainforest Vale and just beyond the East Barrier Mountains."

I gathered the things I needed, a pair of clothes to change into during the journey, chocolate, some potions in case of emergency, chocolate, rations, and of course chocolate in case I forget.

Now how will we get there? I placed the things I needed in my item box as I looked around at the other members and pondered on this question. Since the quest was new a lot would be going there.

"We're going to take the airship to reach Oakenlake." As if right on cue, someone answered my unvoiced question.
    "We are? The guildmaster gave permission?" I nodded at the question of the other person.
    "Of course! He was even the one who recommended it. The reconstruction of Oakenlake Kingdom is of utmost importance and must be finished as soon as possible," said the first person while feeling proud that he knows the answers.

"ALL THOSE GOING TO OAKENLAKE KINGDOM, THE AIRSHIP IS ABOUT TO LEAVE SOON!"
    Yelled someone else, which stopped the conversation of the two members as they went towards the airship.

"Guess we're taking the airship." I walked towards the airship while speaking to my elementals. "But we will need to stop by Moonlight Lake first for some of the quest items." My elementals didn't react to my statement.

The airship started moving soon. Since it would take some time getting there, people started talking with each other about the quests they took. I listened to them as I ate some chocolate at the side.

"What quests you took?" A swordsman asked.
    "Gathering of logs and stones. You?" Said an Ox-man.
    "Gathering of fruits and herbs. And you?" The swordsman turned another with a hammer.
    "I took the fix the house and the wall since I took the gathering of sand, gravel and stone quests." The hammer guy said while practicing some swings.
    "Ah, that seems good. Since chances are they will be the ones used for the fixing of the walls and the houses. I should have taken those I guess." Said the swordsman, who seemed to reconsider his choices.
    "Doesn't matter, we're there to help them after all." The Ox-man replied while flipping a dagger in the air.
    "True." Both the swordsman and the hammer guy agreed.

I didn't get to hear more as I doze off after eating a lot of some chocolates. I didn't worry of oversleeping since my elementals would wake me up when we are near.

"Do you think the elves would be mad at us?" I woke up as I heard the question. I wondered if I was the one being asked but when I looked up, it was addressed to someone else.
    "I don't know. They wouldn't blame us for what happened right? I mean, no one wanted that to happen. Which is why we are heading there right now." Answered the girl, who seems to be a swordsman.
    "But aren't we too late in giving help? When did the raid happen? A month ago? And yet we only started helping now after they asked us?"
    "I don't think that's how it happened."

What did I wake up to? Why are they even talking about this near me.
    I shifted a bit as if to tell them someone is sleeping here.

"Let's talk over here." The swordsgirl said as she dragged her friend away from me. Good. "We don't want to disturb the other, we are at Snowy mountain now and will soon reach Oakenvale. We might not get to rest much after."

Wait, what? Snowy mountain? Isn't that after Moonlight lake?

I rose up from my position, took out the map and hurriedly looked for the place. "Snowy mountain, Snowy mountain... Ah! We just passed by Moonlight lake!" The two girls were startled by my sudden outburst.

"Bree! Flo! Why didn't you wake me up?. Damn it!" The map was stashed quickly in the item box as I prepared myself. I look out of the airship and saw the East Barrier Mountains. The closest to us had its peak covered in milky white. No doubt that would be Snowy Mountain.

I wasn't sure which direction Moonlight lake was so I asked the two girls while grabbing on to the other one. "Excuse me, did we just pass by Moonlight lake. Is it over there?" I pointed behind us.

The other girl, who had her face covered didn't reply immediately. Probably due to the suddenness of it all. The swords girl answered for her, "Yes we just did and it is over there. Why?"

"Ah, thanks! I need to go there first." I released the other girl and immediately step onto the railings and jumped.

"Who was that?" Asked the swords girl.
    "I-I think that was Choco, Sheila." The other girl replied after she calmed down. The two girls then looked over the rail to where Choco jumped from.
    "We will meet him again. He took this airship so he would most likely be going to Oakenlake later." Sheila said to her friend, Let.

I fell through the air but wasn't scared due to this not being my first time, I already know flight, being scared will just cause me to die and Bree is with me.

The currents surround me as I control them to slow my descent. It was difficult to do especially at a high altitude but Bree was already assisting me. We got closer and closer to the ground.

"Bree, Moonlight lake is over there." I pointed towards the opposite direction. I waited for our direction to change but it didn't.

"Hey Bree! We should be going over there."

My elemental didn't respond to me. It can't be due to being focused on controlling our fall as she could always do that and still talk. It must be due to Moonlight lake. My elementals always avoided that topic about what happened last time, which is why I want to go back there.

I took control of the wind currents to change the direction towards Moonlight lake. Soon I was heading towards it but after awhile my direction changed again. I went to gain control again.

"Let go Bree! We need to go to Moonlight lake." Bree and I were fighting for control of the wind, which is obviously favorable to her being a wind elemental and all. Our struggle against each other was cut short though by a gust of wind out of nowhere. It hit me and caused Bree and my control on the currents to break. I fell down fast towards Snowy mountain.

I hurriedly tried to control the winds and so did Bree but the gust was too strong. All we could do was lessen the speed but I still crashed into the snow. I carved a path in the snow until I stopped.

"Ugh..." Holding my head due to the pain of the crash, I try and get up only to be met by the cold snow ground. I shiver at the touch and my body realizes I am deep in the snow. I try to get up once again and this time I used [Wind Boost] to help me.

I grab my shoulders as I scan the area. A cold wind greets me and I shiver once more.

"Where are we anyways?" I pulled out the map to check. "Hmm, the only place with snow near us awhile ago is Snowy Mountain." I returned the map into the item box. "So we landed on Snowy Mountain?" My elementals didn't respond but went closer to me. Flo was having a hard time in this environment as plants were difficult to find here. Bree was faring better.

"We should get down form here first." My feet leave the ground as I used [Flight] once more. I didn't get far though as another strong cold wind came crashing towards me. I try to deflect it but soon another came. If this keeps on, I will be too tired to fly away. So I decided to land and just walk down the mountain.

The walk down the mountain was a difficult one especially with the weather.

"Da-da-da-dam-damn i-i-it..." I held tight to my clothes as I shiver once more. I already took out my spare clothes to protect me from the cold but it was't enough.

"Th-thi-this sh-shou-should be-e e-n-nou-nough." My energy flows as I focused on casting a fireball. I had to use fireball sparingly as my energy was already low from the jump from the airship, struggle with Bree, crash, and attempt to fly again. I didn't dare to use it continuously in case I meet something here. But with how things are going, I might die from cold before I meet anything else.

I took out a chocolate bar and ate some while channeling my fireball. Slowly I got used to it. Though it still was draining my energy reserve as I was channeling more energy into it. My vision was all white making it difficult to navigate normally but my elementals where here with me to lead me out of this. Though I expect them to bring me far from Moonlight lake.

I continued on these thoughts that I didn't notice where I was going and tripped. My fireball melted the snow as it touched it drenching me in cold water.

"Brrr... N-no-not a-ga-gain.." I gather energy into my hands to generate another fireball. Getting drench in this type of weather will just get me killed. Bree is already trying to keep the winds away from me but the cold is still there.

"Wha-what did I-I trip on aa-nywa-ways." My body could already feel the warmth of the fireball. I turned to look back only to find out I tripped on a corpse.

"A corpse!" That scared the shivers out of me. "W-why i-is a c-corpse here?" Well didn't last long I guess. I went near the corpse to examine it. The corpse had wounds at its back, which probably caused its death or a combination of it and the cold. It doesn't seem to be due to a weapon. An animal perhaps? I checked the corpse's pockets to see if I can find anything that could identify him. I pulled out a card and an item box.

"Luke Windrunner... Rank,,," Before I was able to finish, the corpse's hand grabbed my hand.

"HAAAA!" I screamed as my elementals got ready to attack but stopped when the corpse spoke.
    "P-p-pl-e-ea-s-e.....h-e-el-p.. h-he-er.." The not dead corpse said as he released my hand.
    "Hey mister! Help who?" No response from the person. "Flo!" I called my elemental as I cast [Nature's Boost] and made a fireball to warm the corpse. The wounds were too great and adding the with the snow around us, it would be wishful thinking that I could save him.

I closed the eyes of the corpse and buried him in some snow. I used [Nature's Roots] to make a landmark.
    "I'll come back for you. Don't worry, I'll find her and help her." After promising to the grave, I continued down the mountain.

It wasn't long when I heard some screams. I ran towards the screams as fast as I could.

"Get away!" *Zzznngg zznngg*
    The snow got stronger. All I could see in the snow was a long blue light moving in the distance due to the snow.

"Aahhh!" The blue light moved in a slashing motion. Is that a sword? I ran faster towards the blue light until I saw the girl who must be the one mentioned by Luke. She was fighting a big white creature.

[​IMG]

The creature dodged the blue light which was a sword. It backhanded the girl, making her lose her sword in the process as she got thrown backwards. It then went towards her intending to finish what it started.

I ate a piece of chocolate and channeled my energy to cast a charged [Fireball] at it. The creature was able to notice my attack and block the fireball with its hand. Bree already went to attack the creature with wind blades and Flo assisted as I checked on the girl.

"Hey, are you alright?" I cast [Nature's Boost] on her while paying attention to the fight between the creature and my elementals.
    Bree sent a wind blade at it but the creature simple evaded it. Flo was having a hard time due to the place having no plants. Had I had more energy and at a better environment, my elementals would be able to fight better but no use complaining now.

The girl stirred and I immediately assisted her. "I'm Choco, can you still fight? My elementals and I won't be able to handle this alone."

"I can, but we won't be able to defeat it alone. If only my brother was here..." She got up and looked for her sword. Once she found it, she held her hand towards it and the sword flew and landed in her hand.

"By brother, do you mean... Luke? Luke Windrunner?" The girl gaped as I said the name and was about to ask me further when suddenly the creature roared.

RRRROOOOOAAAARRRR!!!

Bree and Flo were thrown back. It then went to attack Bree and managed to land a hit only for Bree to disperse and reform from a distance. The creature got enraged and roared again.

RRRROOOOOAAAARRRR!!!

I was about to help when the girl pulled me. "You've seen my brother? Is he alive? Where is he?" I could see the look in her eyes. The look of someone who already knows the answer but just wants it to be confirmed.

"I met him, face down on the snow. He had wounds at his back. Sadly, I was too late as he died from his wounds but not after asking me to save you. I'm sorry." I added the last part due to feeling guilty about not being able to save him.

The girl didn't talk for a bit. I focused on the creature instead. It was still mad at Bree and continued attacking. Flo tried to get its attention by entangling its feet but the creature simply ignored it.

I got ready to cast another fireball when suddenly the girl charged to attack it.

"Haaaaaa!" The girl screamed as she slashed her sword. I followed her and cast a fireball but the creature was alerted due to her screaming. The creature blocked the sword but got hit by my fireball. Bree went to attack with another wind blade while Flo tried to contain the creature's legs.

The girl used her left hand, which was her free hand, and made a palm strike motion. It didn't touch the creature but somehow the creature got pushed back by some force.

"This is for my brother!' The girl said as she slashed at the creature once more. The attack connected and made a wound at the creatures chest.

RRRROOOOOAAAARRRR!!!

The creature screamed at her at point blank range causing her to cover her ears leaving her open.
    "Bree! Flo! Get her out of there!" I cast [Lightning Bolt] as Bree made a breeze to carry the girl away and Flo wrapped the creatures hands and head. My energy was draining fast with all the attacks me and my elementals made. I wasn't even at my best due to this weather. I cast [Nature's Boost] on myself and [Wind Boost] to the girl and me.

RRRROOOOOAAAARRRR!!!

The creature roared again and showed it wasn't affected the slightest as it grabbed the girl and threw her not towards Bree but towards me. I caught the girl but was sent backwards due to the momentum and made a path in the snow.

*POK!*

I hit my head on something hard and felt my vision getting blurry. I tried to get my bearings but couldn't.
    I blinked and saw the girl standing up slowly. I blinked again and saw her yelling at me. I blinked once more to find her fighting against the creature while defending me. My vision darkened and I fell asleep..

AliceShiki likes this.
  19. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    Short Story
    Post-Morian Raid
    Insurrection: I am…
    Chapter 1: A new start

<??? PoV>​

I ate and I ate and I ate.

On that battlefield I had a taste of evolution, and it tasted divine.

And yet as I found my path, they stopped me.

Stopping me at my final step, forcing me to prematurely enter the world stage in my deprived, incomplete and mindless form.

Aeternus.

Oh, Aeternus, how I hunger for vengeance. How I want to tear you apart. I still feel a burning hatred even though I've been reduced to such a state. Yet, as if to mock me, this emptiness and hunger that I feel is a constant reminder of my failures.

I, who failed to reach the peak of evolution, was now but a mere speck imprisoned in the deepest corners of a juvenile’s mind.

-​

As luck would have it, the negligent owner didn't notice me and fell into a deep coma leaving the immature fragment in charge. With this I should have much more freedom, but what do I use this freedom for?

What should I do now?

Who am I?

Without my own body, have I been reduced to just another persona for this body?

A thought slowly crept into my mind. As long as I survive, regardless of the form, as long as I'm essentially myself, I still have a chance to evolve. But even if I have the will, I just don't have the means.

As the current situation slowly drove me deeper into despair, I felt a light reaction calling to me from the storage bag. The orb was responding to my will… My orb was still functional... But to fully utilise its full potential in need a source of…

Looking in front of me, my answer was in full view…

With this I can return…

No, I can finally begin.

With this I may actually reach my perfect state, I'll no longer be incompetent.

I will throw away my old self, that Tonragon trash, and start afresh,

I am…
    Chapter 2: A lost cause

<Ton’s PoV>​

A few days have already passed since the fall of the Giant Killer Turtle, however instead of playing around, I've been sitting in the tavern waiting for Fry to respond. That day, after the turtle soup was distributed, I rushed back to Aeternus to check up on Fry. Usually just increasing the quantity of mana flowing to Fry would wake her up, yet, no matter how much I pumped, she's just sitting still.

I vaguely remember our connection being severed after the Tonragon take-over incident, but since the bigger and smarter me didn't do anything about it, I thought it would be fine. Crossing my legs and balancing a wooden mug on my forehead, I tried coming up with a solution.

Ahhh! An idea!

Suddenly jumping up on my seat, the mug on my head toppled backwards with a *CLING* sound.

A *CLING* sound?

Turning around, I see an armoured suit hold a tray of what seemed to be a variety roasted meats. It only seemed that way because my mug of ale landed and spilt its contents all over his platter. Smiling up at the armoured suit, I heard a weary sigh from his metal helmet.

"It's getting cold these days, I wouldn't mind a new fur coat." (Not so shiny Armour Man)

Grabbing Fry, I jump across the tavern and hid behind the flirtatious duo of Biel and Syn. Peeking over Biel's shoulder, Rald just shook his head and left looking for an empty seat.

That was a very wise decision, our prior interactions and disagreements within the tavern have allowed us to establish a few rules. A few of the things we agreed upon were to not annoy Biel, NEVER annoy the smiling Vice Guild master and NEVER EVER annoy the smiling Vice Guild master.

Pulling a seat to Biel's table, I placed Fry on my part of the table. Biel and Syn had their weird pink fluffy aura surrounding them; I assume that they’re just in their own world.

Now, back to that idea. Pulling out the purified orb that the smarter me had cleansed during the raid, I tried charging it with mana. I soon realised that it was a useless task because the orb felt like a bottomless pit, shifting my approach, I instead tried using other forms of energy, and the results were of little to no effect. Rolling the orb on the table, from one hand to the other, I sat there stuck in confusion.

Unable to come up with any other usage for it, instead of asking the all-knowing Biel in front of me, I chucked the orb in my mouth and tried chewing. After the first bite, I spat it out immediately.

Hard, the orb was very hard and extremely bitter. With both hands covering my mouth, I promised myself to never try that again...

Looking down at the saliva coated orb rolling along the table, I noticed that Fry was missing. Glancing over the table, nothing, looking beneath, hmmm, not here either...

Looking over at the next table, I noticed a group of female staff members who were on break. Bending over, I crawled under their table to check...

Normal pink, black-laced, frilly blue, white with cat-printed face and red string...

Yep, I got a bit side tracked...

Returning to Biel's table, I noticed that the orb's colour had changed a little bit. Picking it up for a better look, it instantly melted into my palm...

Memories that didn't seem to be mine started flowing into my head, Frya? Noah? Rebellion? Heroes? Church? Revenge? Phylactery?

I got up in a daze and started heading towards the exit, I needed a quiet place to sit and think. Reaching for the door, someone else came in and knocked me back. Staring at the new face, ah! The guy that tried turning me into a unicorn!

Now then, what was I doing earlier and why am I here?

Where's Fry?

"Hey, are you ok?" (Shooty Bow Man)

"I am…"
    Chapter 3: The Abyss that draws you in

<??? PoV>​

It seems like heaven will always give you a way out, as Lady Luck would have it, things are turning out for the better.

Returning from the Southern Tropical Islands, the chaos jar wasn’t the only thing I found on the border of the Abyss. With the aid of the chaos jar, I was lead into one for the underwater crevice deeper within the Abyss. Digging around I finally found it, a fossilised egg, the perfect host my consciousness.

Storing it away, I slowly made my way back to Aeternus, I still had many things to do and chess pieces to place. I might as well hand this jar over to someone else, it’ll probably draw some attention for a while.

Unlike those fools who've lost due to their arrogance, I've learnt from my mistakes. As a wise scholar once said:

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

This time, I shall succeed.

Ton's Misadventures #001

-​

Humans are frighteningly simplistic creatures, rather than goals and dreams, the one thing that drives them most as a collective is a common enemy. Hope and future are but one side of the coin, when it truly comes to it, greed and selflessness are the real determining factors.

Cloaked and wearing a serpent mask, I’m seated under a run-down tavern just outside of the Treacherous Port. Similarly, seated around this rotten table were cloaked animal masked figures, with a quick glance, you can’t find any similarities between them aside from their animal theme. Seated in this hall were the men, women, children and old of the Court of Hunters.

This small group of humans are a secret initiative funded by the Holy Kingdom of Man to slowly take over the Treacherous Port, most of these current heads are anywhere between D to B ranked criminals. Serpent was just a D ranker, taking her spot without others knowing was quite simple with this high spec body.

“Serpent, how’s your progress with planting our troops into one of the big three?” (Lion Mask)

Lion Mask was currently the figurehead of our operations; he’s a rare person with both brawl and brains. Earlier I mentioned that the upper tier of this group were just B ranks, but the vibe he’s giving off tells me otherwise, this is the pressure of a person who had stepped beyond human limits. I even suspect that he’s actually one of the Head Grand Templars from the Kingdom, I fear he’s even taken half a step into Demi-godhood. Luckily our operations are covert and his strength isn’t something that should be used right now…

Aside from my undercover membership into this little group, I also hold a middle management position in one of the big three underground criminal organisations around the continent operating in the Treacherous Port. From what I’ve heard, there are actually seven underground organisations, but due to guild crushing their Treacherous Port branch, they are now focusing on other areas.

The one I’m working for is Trident’s Trinity, a money laundering, slave dealing and assassination organisation control by a group of three A ranked blood-brothers, each leading their own departments. I’m current making my way up in the money-laundering department, I’ll probably get another promotion at the end of this month. The reason I chose this department is because all of the organisation’s finances flow through this point, making it the lifeline and main shaft of this trident. As the members of this department also hold slightly more power than the others, I can easily slip the members from the Court of Hunters in without any hassles.

The reason why I’m partnering with the Court of Hunters rather than Trident’s Trinity is because of a certain person’s influence in Treacherous Port, with access to Trident’s Trinity’s documents, it isn’t hard to notice external influences of that person. It seems that these days, you can’t go anywhere without seeing the effects of that person. Out of habit, I scanned the room for spiders, webs and regular things that usually won’t catch the eye. As a final precaution I hid the sonic screwdriver under my cloak to make sure that there aren’t any technologic mechanisms in the room. At least with the Court of Hunters, they all hate the Adventurer’s Guild to the bone, which saves me a lot of trouble.

“Serpent has done a brilliant job, we current have control 40% control over Trident’s Trinity’s slave dealing department, 33% over the assassination department and 19% over the money-laundering department. The growth in the money-laundering department are quite slow, but it’s the most protected and watched of the three.” (Fox Mask)

Speaking up for me was my partner, the weakest D rank and greediest of the pack, but surprisingly also the smartest. Thanking me for helping him with a favour in Delta Town, he had whole-heartedly worked with me. For that small favour this greedy guy is surprisingly loyal. By getting his nephew, Dean, a job, Fox Mask claims that he’ll return the favour by 100 folds. Right now I’m trying my best to hold my laughter while thinking about what sort of face he’ll make once he finds out that I’m not a human. A loud laugh cuts my train of thoughts.

“HAHAHA! Well done Serpent, with this we’ll be one step closer to our utopia! Our progress with the other two are abysmally slow, but now we can at least take over Trident’s Trinity soon. Everyone is dismissed.” (Lion Mask)

Standing up everyone clasped hands.

“Praise the Holy Light! Glory to our Pope! Purge the sinners!” (Everyone)

As I was preparing to leave, Lion Mask stopped me.

“You’ve done well Serpent, this time you deserve high praise and a reward is due. Give me your name so that I can report you contributions back to the Holy Cathedral.” (Lion Mask)

“Your Grace, you flatter me with your kind words, but my meagre success was all in accordance with your careful planning and the grace of the Holy Light. I wouldn’t dare claim these false achievements.”

“Praises are the one thing I don’t lack Serpent, rather than that, once we complete our sacred mission I’m in need of your skills back in the Kingdom. I hope you won’t disappoint my expectations. Now tell me, what is your name?” (Lion Mask)

“By your will.

I am…”
    Chapter 4: A reflection of the heart

<??? PoV>​

The Arctic Mountains are an interesting place, not only did I find a cursed ring, I also found the Mystical Blessed Well. Diving into it, I found myself in another world, a place untouched by the influences of the outside world.

A crystal wonderland, the perfect place to enact the next phase. Taking out the fossilised egg and Tonragon orb, I forced them to merge. Melting it into the egg with ease, the egg pulsated with a health green glow. Placing the egg at the bottom of the well, I surfaced and left the icy cavern. Sending a few explosion spells to cause an avalanche, I returned to Aeternus with the one ring.

Ton's Misadventures #002

-​

Seated on the main deck of a ship in Treacherous Port’s harbour, I took a sip of the spice wine given to me by a child tiger-kin.

“How do you like it Serpent? This wine is made from the snow grapes of our Beastman Continent.” (Female Rabbit-kin)

Sipping from her own chalice I gave her a nod, seeing that I was ready to talk she waved away the servants. Waiting in silence, we enjoyed the lantern light show flowing across the harbour.

“How’s business on the mainland?” (Female Rabbit-kin)

Removing my mask I gave her a wearied smile.

“Those human supremacist are slowly working their way into Trident’s Trinity’s branch, while the branch is butting heads with Demon’s Quadrant’s branch. It looks like the fuse can be lit at anytime now, the only thing holding them back are the other organisation waiting for a opportunity to present itself and the Adventurer’s Guild.”

Picking me up and pushing me into her chest, I sighed and continued.

“Trident’s Trinity initially had the upper hand, but thanks to my meddling I’ve replaced most of their fresh talents with those idiotic and arrogant humans. You should know, because haven’t you already placed those talents amongst your own department already?”

“If Trinity and Quadrant were to completely go at it, it’d end in mutual destruction.”

“I know, I know~ I just wanted another reason to praise you!” (Female Rabbit-kin)

Surprisingly, this meddling woman is the head of the Tiger’s Tail organisation, one that focuses on drug/alcohol/weapon smuggling, hiring out thugs and illegal gambling on gladiatorial death fights. Even more shocking was the fact that this organisation is but a mere sub-branch of an even bigger organisation on the Beastman continent.

“Enough of that, what are your instructions?”

Playing with my ears, she bit onto one of them.

“Continue as planned, thanks to you we’re making more profitable gains and those talents are an extra plus!” (Female Rabbit-kin)

“Just name it, if its anything I can give I’ll give it to you!” (Female Rabbit-kin)

This pushy woman is really getting on my nerves, giving her a harsh glare she shivered.

“Oh? Oh my? Oh me, oh my?! Don’t tell me you want me?!” (Female Rabbit-kin)

Blushing, she pushed me away and cradled her chest.

“S-sso, so sorry! I’m a married woman, married to my job! But if its just one nigh-” (Female Rabbit-kin)

Having enough of her one-man skit, I shoved the rest of the wine bottle into her mouth. Preparing to leave I replaced my mask and headed for a smaller boat. A series of coughs forced me to stop and look back, with a serious expression she smiled.

“You seem happier than the time we were introduced, you don’t have a “I want to destroy everything” face anymore. Did you perchance find a new goal?” (Female Rabbit-kin)

“I’ve found a path, but I have no idea were it’ll lead.”

“Completing the guild isn’t a bright move you know~” (Female Rabbit-kin)

I tensed up.

“Well, colour me surprised. It seems that you grew a brain.”

“How rude, I was just worried about my subordinate you know!” (Female Rabbit-kin)

“I’ve told you before, I’m not your subordinate.”

“Fine. Then if we’re partners, at least give me your name.” (Female Rabbit-kin)

Looking at my reflection staring back on the surface of the calm harbour, my tensions relaxed.

“I am…”
    Chapter 5: The gears begin to turn

<??? PoV>​

“This is great! After introducing that cousin of yours, I’ve literally seen my workload visibly decrease, you’re a really life saver my friend.” (Kent)

Sitting across from me sipping his tea was the salt merchant, Kent. Aside from being a proud father of two daughters and the most successful salt merchant in Delta Town, he was also an elected member of the Merchant’s Counsel Association.

“He’s great, such a reliable young man for his age. In fact, I’m actually planning to pass on some more important roles over to him…” (Kent)

As you can see, he’s quite whimsical.

“But lately he’s been getting a bit too close to my daughters…” (Kent)

And he’s protective of his daughters.

“I think I might have to fire him at this rate. Did you know that I caught him staring at my daughters?” (Kent)

He’s very protective of his daughters.

“On the other day as I was down by the warehouse, my angels came by to visit. As they called out to me I noticed him looking up at them as well! The balls on this kid, my darling angels wanted their father’s undivided attention, but how dare that fool appreciate their beauty without my permission!” (Kent)

He’s extremely protective of his daughters.

“But guess what? When my daughters finally came up to me, their faces were beetroot red, I guess I can’t help it, even at their age they’ll still find their old man charming!” (Kent)

He’s also very delusional…

-​

Later that night I was in the family hall seated in the same position, but this time with a different host.

“That delusional older brother of mine, I can’t believe he’s giving more power to that new kid!” (Bert)

This delusional and jealous man is Bert, the younger brother of Kent. It seems that he's suffering from a symptom that is making him into an antagonist, every time I come by, he's becoming more and more like a stepping stone. I can’t understand why he’s complaining to the person that introduced his problem.

“I’m going to overthrow and rebe-” (Bert)

Ah, he said the magic words. I guess Kent's going to jump out at any second and call the guards to capture him for questioning…

“HA! I’ve finally caught you red handed in the act!” (Kent)

Turing to me Kent apologised.

“I’m so sorry about my family issues, please let me make this up to you on another day. Dean, escort our guest-” (Kent)

Holding up a hand I tried calming Kent down.

“No need, I feel like going to the piers to enjoy a nice breeze.”

Giving a brief farewell, Kent rushed out of the room after the guards.

After giving Dean a knowing look, I departed for the piers.

-​

Gently gazing over the horizon I felt a presence approach, with turning around I asked.

“Who are you? You’re not Dean.”

“I’m not Dean, but you know me.” (???)

Turning around I saw a figure cloaked in darkness, taking off his pale mask, I gasped in astonishment.

“You’re…”

-​

“Is that the truth?”

“Not a word of it is a lie.” (???)

Shocking is the only term I can use to describe the contents of what I’ve just heard.

“Will you join us?” (???)

“I-”

I was still in a daze from what I’ve just realised, as I final made my decision, he vanished. Replacing him was a distant figure approaching me slowly, it seems that Dean has finally arrived. Steadying my frantic heart, I calmed my mind.

“Thank you Lady Serpent. If it wasn’t for you our plans would have never worked.” (Dean)

“You’ve done well, now the next step is all on you.”

“I understand…” (Dean)

Noticing that he stopped randomly, I motioned for him to continue.

“You seem a bit different today, your eyes feel firmer and your gaze is more steady… Did something happen?” (Dean)

Smirking, I shot back.

“When did a brat like you become so sharp, has wearing sheep’s clothing raise your awareness or something?”

Waving his hands.

“You surely jest Lady Serpent, it’s just that uncle has told me many tales about you.” (Dean)

“Sly brat.”

Giving a strained laugh he continued.

“As the benefactor to my household, please grace me with your gracious name so that this lowly one can memorise it for an eternity.” (Dean)

Sighing to myself, I looked up at the first rays of dawn. Like the dawn, my newly found determination set my body ablaze. Looking out into the distance,

“I am…”
    Final Chapter: I am…

<??? PoV>​

Seated on the roof of the Adventurer’s Guild’s headquarters, I pondered on the fragility of life. How a simple breeze can blow out a candle forever, how my insignificance may not even leave a mark on history.

“Have you had enough time to think, nya?” (AG Member)

“Oh? Aren’t you H-”

“Enough messing around, nya, do you think you can act so brazenly without us noticing, nya?” (AG Member)

“Oh? Then I must give you an apology, I didn’t think that my actions would affect the guild so much.”

“Cut to the chase, nya. You clearly knew what you were doing, nya, we don’t have time for your games, nya.” (AG Member)

“Then please allow me to express my thoughts. Don’t you think that maybe the guild has too much authority? How is the guild any different from any other tyrant?”

“A world where the strong preys upon the weak is the natural order, natural selection is the key to a stronger world! By balancing and suppressing the strong you are the ones that are harming this world. The laws of nature should be the only rule, there's no need for you to play the god.”

“Stop speaking nonsense, nya. What you’re doing is only giving the world more unneeded chaos, nya, the Adventurer's Guild is only lending a helping hand, nya. We'll stop your terrorism, nya.” (AG Member)

“What do you know about the world? Has your ignorance lead you to believe that the whole world resides on this tiny continent? You’re all just a speck.”

“Do you honestly think you can talk your way out of your crimes? nya” (AG Member)

“Evolution is the key! Do you honestly think that what you’re doing now is saving lives? You may save tens of thousands now, but what you’re doing is costing millions in the future. We must purge the weak and allocate more resources for the strong to get stronger. I have but one goal, and to achieve it the weeds must be pulled out.”

"I'd like to see you try, nya, I'm not letting you leave this place, nya." (AG Member)

"Rather than worrying about me, shouldn't you be keeping a closer eye on your guild members?"

"Guild members, nya? What do you mean, nya, who are you? nya" (AG Member)

Turning away from the speaker, I looked at the small web by the chimney, with a hand behind my back, I did a half bowing curtsey and said:

“I am but a mere worm squirming beneath your feet,

A gardener that will remove all of the the weeds by their roots.

Please allow me to formally introduce myself.”​

Looking at the spider, from under my mask, I gave my biggest and brightest smile.

“I am Níðhöggr.”

- End -​

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    AliceShiki, fuzor100 and Carm like this.
  20. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.