LCD Age Of Adepts

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Xravia, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Kiriima

Kiriima Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was directly stated many times that she is a loli. What exactly did you expect?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  2. Ironfist Sect

Ironfist Sect Catch these hands!✊✊

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm sorry i don't tolerate the she looks 7 but is actually a 1000 year dragon memes or anything close to that

3. Stark3

Stark3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, it's not the 7 yr old body part that bugs me ... It's the way that she just had to go back and have one more fight with the MC, and this time conveniently bring along an ironclad, magic way of enforcing their deal. Their deal is even so lopsidedly biased in favor of the MC : if she loses, she becomes a slave, but if he loses, it's ok, he even gets a chance to fight her again in the future. It goes absolutely against common sense! There's a limit up to where the suspension of disbelief will take me in novels, and this one really misses it by a longshot.

There could have been any other number of ways I think, where the loli ends up as a subordinate to the MC. But this one is just plain lazy, bad writing.

4. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget that she was already supposed to be his slave - it just wasn't in the magic contract form; that's why it is so "lopsidedly biased".

Greem would be an absolute idiot if he agreed to such a fight without at least that thrown in.

5. Stark3

Stark3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not that I forgot that her being a slave was part of their original deal. But it's the fact that she, on her own volition, with no prompting or additional egging from the MC, brought along a magical means of enforcing something that's incredibly disadvantageous to her, for something that has no benefit except for her own ego.

It is lopsidedly biased - it's not even remotely trying for an equivalent exchange condition.Changing to a magical way of being a slave should have counted for something; being someone who you have incredible control over, as opposed to someone who just gave their word to obey you, but could still do things behind your back are two entirely different things and it could have given her leeway to even up the deal in her favor compared to their original deal. But she does the opposite : originally, she says that "your life will be mine", and now it's "I’ll not kill you… I’ll spare you once too, and give you a chance to seek your revenge". Not to mention, she also promises her clan's support so that Greem doesn't have responsibility for that event in the volcano just for agreeing to the challenge.

I agree that it has to be enticing, otherwise "Greem would be an absolute idiot if he agreed to such a fight" as you so put it. But it doesn't have to be at the expense of Alice being the absolute idiot. This is the first time I've seen a side character in a novel so vigorously act towards something that is outside of her self-interest, it's irrational.

6. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    It cannot be equivalent exchange condition in the first place - Alice is a slave. Greem can and would just ignore every other attempt from her to discharge her position. Why is it? Because she is a Destiny Witch. Greem said it immediately as he saw her conditions It seems to me she didn't have other choice. I'm not that sure what exactly her position means but we will see it soon I think. in the next chapter or so I hope.

7. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's phrase it a little differently.
    She has already broken her promise once, as she didn't act as his slave.
    What other kind of promise could she offer for Greem to trust her?

Ignus likes this.
  8. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL I was waiting for this to pop up since I saw this in some spoilers. I wonder how people going to feel now with this force slave shit. Author literally forced it for no other reason than to satisfy himself. He only said she was 26 years old so his ass didn't get in trouble.

9. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    Alice is a Destiny Witch. I really, really hope it will kick in soon and explain the whole shit. Without mystifying destiny shackles I would agree that what Alice did is idiotic move. If she just cares about her promises just return one in exchange of taking care of Greem volcanic mess and fight after with some material stake like adept core and non-killing rule or something to be safe. I'm sure Greem would have agreed.

10. hanglekuk

hanglekuk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The fate witches is a pretty complicated matter. Alice is spoiled brat. Never experiencing loss before she tried challenging again and again. She IS VERY powerfull and it was a really close call to win for Greem - if she were more cautious she would have won. But due to inexperience she lost. And her granny is surely pissed - she stole the scroll which was used for this bet.

So while she's pretty important to plot and survival of Greem, the actions she took are a bit believable. (For me).

11. Stark3

Stark3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi @Kiriima. @SinsI . I think I am explaining my stance wrong. My focus isn't on the deal or promise ... It's that the author could have made Alice become part of Greem's group without her being an absolute idiot (edit : or without feeling like it was absolutely forced). It became a bit obvious from the previous encounter that Alice was going to join up.. but this way of resolving things just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, as its really against common sense.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  12. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, okay. I still think idiotic stance can be explainable. Or I will agree. Well, Alice IS an idiot. She is so moronically strong on her level that it's completely believable she never nurtured survival instincts or basic combat awareness and had simple denial she can lose even after preparations. It's just natural progression: 1) I lost cause dirty tricks 2) I lost because I didn't prepare anything new and he is somewhat strong 3) Now when I prepared there is no way I can lose!
    Also she is just so OP it's strange she isn't a MC.

13. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep it was absolutely forced not sure how people can defend that. I know some of you like the novel but some of you can't stand when one person says something negative about a novel you love. lol.

14. emry

emry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As Anderson is mc enemy it is impossible for him to win but I would still like it if he advanced

15. hanglekuk

hanglekuk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This (chapter 144) also arguably puts more meaning behind Alice behavior somewhat.
    If this is not dark enough (plan of Anderson), here's on more spoiler
    Sarubo family is well aware of this plan.They need that strength, so they are waiting for results.

16. Gilboa

Gilboa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here I was hoping Greem was going to negotiate with the witches for Alice freedom for his advancement to Adept or something but they just dump her on him :/ all the fighting and letting Anderson see his power for just a servant?
    and seriously Anderson has not advanced for hundreds of years.... and planning to use his apprentices to advance himself doesnt make himself much different from a vampire... the whole setup might be an opportunity for Greem.

17. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    The simplest explanation how magical arrays even work which actually make sense. Rarity.

18. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    when
    is
    our
    little
    MC
    going
    to
    use
    the
    curse
    book

19. Ananya

Ananya Top lvl Gokiburi Buster

Reading List:
    Link
    Any guesses on how Anderson will get fucked? Will it probably have something to do with the curse book?

20. JadeBunny

JadeBunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobxd::blobxd::blobxd::blobxd::blobxd:FinallY$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blobxd::blobxd::blobxd::blobxd::blobxd::blobxd::blobxd::blobxd: